XIV

gunbreaker is the worst thing to happen to tanking, period
cons:
duty finder flooded with alt tanks now slowing down queue sync
people unironically are starting to think anybody in the group can be responsible for pulling because tank stance removal and emnity buff
homoginzation across the board(including above)
GNB is effective in the right hands but ultimately the scrub magnet full of shitters
DRK is strong but boring -- TBN literally perfect, while all other things that make it enjoyable have been purged; at 80 it has become the MCH of tanks with high APM, you pick this because it's the lesser of 4 evils
WAR literally is the worst dps tank and from 62-80 gets nothing new but dude self heals!! yawn where are the deeps
PAL is now, the highest dps, the best mitigation, the best crowd control, the most desired, easiest to pick up and play, etc,

Attached: vauthry.png (1916x1080, 2.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

fflogs.com/zone/statistics/29#class=Tanks
youtu.be/ORaWo4RMcjc?t=260
youtube.com/watch?v=Yewy35yb8U4
fflogs.com/zone/statistics/13#bracket=5&class=Tanks&aggregate=amount
youtu.be/KjHclWPVij0
gwpvx.gamepedia.com/PvX_wiki
youtube.com/watch?v=1Ke9u1WIUJU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Now tell me about the pros

I wouldn't pull if you'd stop fighting 1 mob at a time.

>80 it has become the MCH of tanks with high APM
ahahahahaha

>GNB is effective in the right hands but ultimately the scrub magnet full of shitters
>DRK is strong but boring -- TBN literally perfect, while all other things that make it enjoyable have been purged; at 80 it has become the MCH of tanks with high APM, you pick this because it's the lesser of 4 evils
>WAR literally is the worst dps tank and from 62-80 gets nothing new but dude self heals!! yawn where are the deeps
>PAL is now, the highest dps, the best mitigation, the best crowd control, the most desired, easiest to pick up and play, etc,
None of these are correct except for GNB drawing in shitters because it's new

It's impressive that you manage to be so wrong in so little text.

*shirks @ you*

Attached: Eden-Prime.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

What's the newest slutglam hotness right now?

Attached: 1489310764062.png (1280x807, 660K)

>WAR literally is the worst dps tank and from 62-80 gets nothing new but dude self heals!! yawn where are the deeps
Are you saying that's a bad thing?

Attached: 1538836052830.jpg (1632x1432, 444K)

basic bitch outfits

fireglass leather vests. every thot wearing one now

They remake the WAR parry from % chance of parrying to fuxed damage reduction

Give the gunbreaker a 50% dodge with camouflage and a whooping 10% damage reduction

*insert shitty spongebob maymay saying aifhr he is out*

lala meidos

Attached: 1568866590820.png (249x380, 147K)

Sneed

Reminder to blacklist anyone wearing the "loyal" versions

more

is sam good now

Because FFXIV tanking is fucking boring, it's a problem with the game itself. This mostly stems from identical fucking CDs between all the jobs and a tacked on 123 combo.

why is that?

loyal maids will not cuck you and user likes being cucked

Goddamnit OP... every time...
GNB is fun l, although I was grouped with a shitter that literally got into a group without knowing what a tank stance was or any of his abilities were. He literally had to ask us what his enmity stance ability was called. You’re not mad at Gunbreakers, you’re mad at shitters.

Attached: 8727EDDC-C2F9-4597-93D0-B736FF54B51E.jpg (578x560, 82K)

they've always been able to clear

Because they're the cash shop versions for newfags who didn't do the promo campaign years ago like true chads

but I want the biggest numbers

God I fucking hate Lalafels.

Then play the job that does the biggest numbers

God I fucking lalafells.

I wish to be a Lalafell in real life.

Attached: 20190909202246_1.jpg (1920x1080, 509K)

Sorry lad you have to go.

Attached: KVuXkns.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

Tanking in general is boring as shit now due to the homogenization. I get the concept of wanting all tanks to have near-identical mitigation tools to ensure any can be used for any content without having [tank] have 3% more effective health at a fight, but the only real major differences between them now are how their invulns work and DRK having TBN instead of a -20% damage taken buff.

Also, WAR was gutted in one of the major fronts that it was interesting in, strong, passive self-heals, on demand mitigation in the form of IB, and a stronger focus on stance dancing than other jobs facilitated by Inner Release accounting for something like 50% of their DPS. Now that stances have been removed and self-healing nerfed, the warrior just plays like a more clunky dark knight--it's not even really a choice of rotation styles like PLD, GNB, and DRK, it's just straight up worse than DRK.

I don't even tank but I feel the moves they made with both tanks and healers are going to hurt the game in the long run.

You may not like it but BLM still has highest gap between upper quartile and upper extreme. You can't use shitters excuse in this case. BLM is hardest job in XIV. Alpha and omega. Beginning and the end. Start coping

Attached: 45353.png (477x537, 406K)

>None of these are correct except for GNB drawing in shitters because it's new
According to fflogs, WAR is only third in DPS around 60th percentile, from 70 to MAX WAR is the least damaging tank.
How the mighty have fallen.
fflogs.com/zone/statistics/29#class=Tanks

Man why do BLMs never shut the fuck up

>Tfw when couldn't win anything this week either in savage
Third week in a row ;_;

Attached: 1479316370620.gif (200x200, 470K)

I want to stuff a lala girl so bad bros

Side effect of high IQ.

I miss all my WAR bros. Why the fuck does Goring Blade have a higher base potency than either Storm's Eye or Path and still also applies a fucking DOT?

Attached: WAR_MEME.png (500x343, 187K)

The only way I can see them salvaging it is going all in and just making tanks basically blue DPS. Not only in rotation, but also in damage output. Right now, the tanking aspect of the jobs are not meaningful or deep enough to actually warrant any special thought compared to a DPS job, so instead of putting them in a weird place where they function almost like a DPS but simply do less damage, just develop a more deep DPS system for them and go all out.

GNB is already at this point, requiring a higher APM than some DPS jobs, bring the other three up to scale and enhance their damage output to around mid-tier DPS levels and things might get interesting. The devs are completely uninterested in giving them additional mitigation tools beyond the most minor ones like a partywide -10% damage for AoE attacks, so this is the only route left.

Attached: 1565736815764.png (699x462, 475K)

Attached: lala haters.jpg (830x1082, 215K)

Because of Storm's eye buff.
With storm eye both Storm's Eye and Path have 418 potency
I still play WAR, it's still my favorite tank, but I kinda wish SE would give us some potency buff, even a little bit, to match GNB and PLD

Should have had gunbreaker come out with some fun novel healer that appealed to DPS the way gunbreaker does to DPS, that way you'd remedy the duty finder issue.

I’m not even from this board (never played final fantasy either) but watched some Jewtube clips and hope I can get answers here.
Why does Vauthry turn into a girl Called innocence? He was gluttonous and not innocent; also why is all the darkness getting absorbed considered bad? I would think it’s the other way around.

Tank potencies mean fuck all anyway, Inner Chaos has one of the highest potencies in the game and hits for peanuts compared to other classes. It's like there's an internal adjustment for every job that says how much damage:potency you get and the number just gets adjusted instead of potencies ever changing.

I was depressed to find out my IC hits for like 42000 where a single Fire IV that doesn't even direct hit squeezes out like 53000 and is spammed six in a row. Would've been fun to have warrior's DPS so burst loaded with IC that it functioned as a dungeon CC because it flat out chopped trash mobs HP bars in half, even if your 1-2-3 combo did absolutely nothing to balance it.

I would be okay with this if not for the fact that PLD also has high uptime with their buffs from FoF and Reqi. It really adds a lot more to their burst in a longer period and on a much shorter cooldown.
Also agree on the potency buffs, especially Onslaught. Its the only dash with 100 potency which is pretty awful when the others have 200 and 2 charges.

The duty finder thing is starting to return to normal, my tank queues are mostly instant now or less than 2 minutes. It's not the horror show at release where it was 40+ minutes for a simple leveling dungeon as a tank.

The only one that's still awful is alliance roulette, which is simply because it's a 1:7 ratio for tanks. Ironically, now would've been a good time to bring back 2:4:2 queues even if the extra tanks did nothing.

>50% chance to completely negate all damage
Fucking retard.

to put it in simple terms:

>watch the cutscenes they explain it
>too much darkness is bad, so is too much light. there has to be a balance. imagine yin yang

It's not a girl, just a really handsome man.
see > youtu.be/ORaWo4RMcjc?t=260

It's not darkness but light and we absorbed too much light and our body couldn't contain it anymore and started to corrupt us and turning us into a monster of light

You press a shitton of things on your burst, then go back to 1-2-3. It's literally HW/SB MCH

sounds more like reddit

he doesn't turn into a girl, just a very metrosexual man via corrupted light energy

he's called Innocence because that's the title he has bestowed upon himself, based on his own perspective. all other Sin Eaters are named "Forgiven X" where X is the perceived sin

post lala boys!

Attached: CUTE CUTE.jpg (833x659, 458K)

>PAL is now the best mitigation

Attached: 1520021440180.jpg (500x500, 26K)

>Tank that used to be the most broken with most damage and highest utility now is balanced still with good raid utility and mitigation skills

Sounds about right.

>No cute lala boy husband.

Oh thanks, makes a lot more sense now. I’ll check out the cutscenes too

how the fuck does drg work? this seems like an absolute clusterfuck of ogcds and palace isn't the best place to learn how jobs work

Love counter+parry mechanics in games, TBN is literally perfect and makes DRK the most fun tank.
Same goes for SAM and mercy eyes but it's a shame that doesn't trigger too often only on raidwide damage.

Creatures get turned in to Sin Eaters, but for Vauthry, he was more like a cocoon with a sin eater inside him. He ate a fuckton of meol made from sin eater flesh, got incredibly fat, and his body was used for nourishment for the creature inside him.

It's also not that the creature inside him is its own thing, it's just another aspect of Vauthry's dual nature since he was part sin eater during conception. Instead of being an imperfect creation like normal "sinners" who got transformed, he was a more beautiful entity.

anyone know the name of that chest glam?

Where DRG friends at.

Attached: ffxiv_13092019_015421_334.png (1920x1080, 2.33M)

Seeing that transition for the first time was cool also, that raid wide with swords.

Looks like a dyed windsilk vest?

her breasts are too exposed

I wish you could use Shoha every time you get hit with third eye. Meditate is fucking stupid.

Use chaos thrust combo then full thrust combo while using jumps and other ogcds inbetween. It's very simple and you also, want to use jumps while being under buffs, be it lance charge or dragon sight.

Vauthry is an amalgamation of a human and sin eater, he ascends into Innocence by reconstructing himself with all of the light aether he's consumed over the years when his fat ass is in danger
He calls himself such because he sees himself as a God/harbinger saving poor souls from the end of the world that he is completely complicit in and has been a part of from birth

"Darkness" is just the active aspect of magical existence, whereas light is the inactive
Too much of one and not the other makes for a shithole world, and beings of pure dark/light are insatiable and seek out the opposing aether in living things to consume and balance themselves

Because umbral light fucks up everything and turns people into monsters. The First is like bizarro world you enjoy up traveling to where the light is fucking up everything so good that people there see darkness as good. It's supposed to make you question if your intentions are actually good as the warrior of light or something.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yewy35yb8U4

how does your aoe combo work at 72+ with fang and claw and wheeling thrust?

But Hissatsu seigan has the best sound effect in the entire game, that ding sound of a parry is pure coom

DRG is pretty simple in how it works when you get down to it, it's actually a pretty big turn off for me in DPS jobs. Very static rotation you follow from start to finish without deviation, not that I think it shouldn't exist, I just like it when rotations have some priority abilities mixed in to spice it up. There's no reason to really move your GCDs around as a DRG.

Ironically though, DRG was the first melee DPS I leveled this expansion anyway, just because I like being a spear wielding class more than a ninja or samurai. Was really a toss-up between it or MNK, though I'm not going to play either in a serious environment, just like MCH.

It's the easiest melee to play besides SAM. Their rotation is very static and super easy to learn.

One of the reason WAR was so busted in HW was because Berserk would increase the Attack Power by 50%.
While Fight or Flight of PLD would only increase your damage by 30%

I don't really remember the math behind it exactly but, as you said Tank damages aren't really that great even with high Potency.
BUT old Berserk would turn WAR Attack Power to the level of a DPS, which was fucking crazy and made them dish out crazy crits on Fell Cleave.
For example, a crit Fire 4 from a BLM could get 18k
Meanwhile a crit Fell Cleave under berserk could almost get to 20k

Back in HW the only job that could get damage higher than that was MCH's Wildfire.

fflogs.com/zone/statistics/13#bracket=5&class=Tanks&aggregate=amount

Do 1-2-3-4-5 chaos combo
Then 1-2-3-4-5 full thrust combo
In between those numbers, press your buffs and jumps basically at random
Collect 2 eyes, spam Gayskorgl

All the tanks are the same fucking job now their differences are so minor that its just pick what flavor you want.

Just give me fucking SB jobs back Yoshi you dumb fuck

Blm is aetheral manipulation good for you? I mean, aren't you still wasting a gcd when you could have just moved and wasted the same gcd?

Don't worry, they are about to turn Shoha into SAM version of Forbidden Chakra.

I might be the only one but Tanking is a lot more fun now

doom spike -> sonic thrust -> coerthan torment and that is for aoe combo it's usually not worth refreshing disembowel or you can apply it while running after the pack. Not sure what you mean by those 2 attacks considering last 2 aoe combo attacks refresh BotD.
And of course you should use your ogcds/jumps to get nastrond and later stardiver for aoes.

Make it so Seigan has a 50% chance on use to give you a buff that allows the use of Shoha afterwards. That way you use Third Eye and Seigan more instead of it being a highly situational skill.

The AoE combo doesn't trigger either. It just naturally refreshes the timer on Blood of the Dragon.

I kind of liked that aspect to WAR. Their overall DPS was tank like, but they had a small window of burst phase where they hit harder than anyone else, which synergized really well with party buffs. My lament was that Inner Chaos wasn't sort of like that not that fell cleave is sort of passe in comparison to Bloodspiller combos.

A good comparison would be IC and xenoglossy, while xenoglossy has less potency on paper than IC, a direct crit xenoglossy in the same iLvl gear does a little more than twice IC's damage.

It is if you're going to die otherwise.

if you buff the counter mechanic too much on a dps, SAM mains are gonna literally sit in aoes just to trigger it for muh parse

It looks cool and annoys the healer when he sees me teleport out of an AoE circle at the last possible second, efficiency has nothing to do with it.

WAR detected. SB tanks sucked. It was PLD+WAR meta while DRK played like shit and performed like shit.

>Seigan
Fuck this shit. Seigan SUCKS.

Heavensward had the perfect balance of gameplay variety, difficulty, and job meta. I want those days back.

Innocence isn't a girl. Have you ever seen a girl before?

Anyway. All of the Sin Eaters are named after virtues. I have noticed no pattern in their naming scheme related to what or who they were. But as a guess, Innocence might be named that because Vauthry was born as a half-Sin Eater, so he was a sin eater from childhood. When you beat the dicks out of him, his fatass human form is consumed by his gross conjoined sin eater twin and he becomes Innocence.

The reason Light running amok is bad is because umbral light is a force of passive order. An overwhelming amount of it stops the flow of aether entirely. Like hitting a big OFF switch on life and existence in general. As living things' aether destabilizes, they eventually turn into sin eaters, which are basically mindless aether vampires, except for Vauthry because he was purposely made to control the sin eaters.

DRG is mostly about buff timings when you want to optimise it. For example you always want your stardiver and 2 nastronds under DS or lance charge and you want to use 9 gcds under your buffs which is pretty hard hard to accomplish.

I unlock my superior black magic by watching rick and morty

Attached: 1504368099143.png (380x406, 50K)

so like what MNKs do already with Riddle of Earth so they can avoid positionals for 30s

You make it sound way harder than it really is.

why do my parties keep wiping to black smokers

Attached: 1539795266206.png (777x654, 770K)

A lot of the Sin Eaters are named Forgiven [blank], with the blank being something you could see the original creature being "guilty" of. Forgiven Clamor for hyenas, which are annoying assholes; Forgiven Flattery for dogs, implying their love and loyalty are feigned; Forgiven Venery for the sexy angels, basically implying they're sluts; etc. The Lightwardens, besides Innocence, are all named after Greek words for various forms of love, with only one of the words being missing (I guess with the implication that it should have gone to either Vauthry or to the Warrior of Light after they were corrupted).

Attached: 975246542165464.png (800x800, 302K)

Right, just don't mash your buffs when they go off cd would be more accurate.

>Tank
>making sure everything is going all right
>you faggots
>"muh deps"

> implying

Attached: 15647984561654.png (600x1178, 848K)

fuck off, DRK had the best aoe and was great for running dungeons, only single target was boring. I want my DA AD spam back.

also world first

:^)

Two puddles dropped too close.
Puddle was dropped on someone. You can't do this.
Someone forgot to soak because it is not instant. 3 sec

I played SCH SMN and WAR. I haven't even bothered to level WAR this time around been playing GNB and its ok just boring. New SCH is boring also and new SMN is just trash compared to SB SMN like I'm legit mad about how bad it feels to play.

Anyone got a link for that orchestra arrange album volume 2 that came out a few days ago?

It's just pathetic when you do it

>I want Dark Arts spam back
You think you want it, but you don't.

Funny enough if you mention FFXIV in any other MMO thread anywhere on the internet, people get livid. Especially on Reddit if you go to that one place that has all the 30+ yo MMO boomers.

Thanks; also does that mean that he hypothetically lost control of the sineaters after becoming handsome? Since he just became another one of them (although in better form)

Attached: AA47569B-25C1-4F57-9BA1-E009495AD165.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Bet you hate your mom for not drinking more when she was pregnant with you

Why does this shitty mmo keep leaking out of /vg/? How many fucking times do we have to clean up this shit?

cry more

God forbid ppl talk about video games

Let's face it, the kind of MMO that XIV seeks to emulate is mostly a lobby disguised as a city hub with party finder holding all the important tools. The only modern game that still takes advantage of the genre to do something that couldn't be done otherwise is EVE.

I believe it was Carmack who said something along the lines of, "Think about the game you want to make, and if it can be done in an simpler engine, you need to scrap it and start over again." Basically criticizing developers that use toolsets with features that won't get utilized, exactly what most MMOs do now.

That said, I don't think XIV is a bad game, it just doesn't really take advantage of the MMO side, though maybe Japan gets more use out of it with the more lively player housing.

Go back to one of the 36 smash threads faggot.

Its that the /vg/ threads are all erp trash and avatar posters. You used to be able to have a decent conversation about xiv here back in the day but Shadow Bringers brought in a bunch of garbage people because of muh story, bunny girls and literal fur fags.

The community is by far the worst its ever been and probably the worst out of a game I've played and I used to play fucking Dota.

Wait. If Lalafels were Allagan waste experiments like we thought, how do they exist on the 1st in the form of dwarves?

>we

Well DRK has been put to a non gameplay where the only people defending this are people who enjoys 123 spamm

WAR somehow got worst and is not the best damage dealer of all 4 tanks, meanwhile his gameplay is also very simple

PLD who was the most boring one LV50 LV60 is now the most fun one at LV 80, but it's still far less interesting than a DPS Job

GNB is nice but doesn't make worth its investment in Skill Speed, so it's super repetitive, and you get bored easily. Plus that job plays around so many passiv healing so it brings more boredom.

SE just called the "Git Gud" but nerfed the strategy and the gameplay of all Healers and all Tanks, instead of trying to make them more fun.
Yes casuals and maybe a few autistics enjoy those changements, but most of gamers that looks for RPG in the MMORPG got so bored.

Speaking as a newb, what even is the point of housing? It just seems like a pointless time sink on the side.

I definitely want the bloodprice -> quietus -> abyssal drain loopback back irregardless of whether dark arts remains or not

having it turned into a shitty gimped throw away cd sucks ass, and nu-delirium also sucks and makes the job feel exactly like war

no, he became even more lightwarden and less human when he changed

If its fc housing you can make airships for diadem shit that no one does or get mats for crafting other housing shit oh and make higher tier fc buffs. Otherwise its 100% a gil sink.

Dark Arts but put more game design like carve and split : either buffing a skill do that, or either not buffing a skill do that, where you have to adapt to situations. And both choice should be equivalent and viable

Guildies and RPers

It's a trap to keep you perpetually subbed so your house won't get demolished

No, he had control over them because he was a Lightwarden, which is basically just a boss sin eater. Most lightwardens don't have human consciousness, they're just really super powerful. I don't think he even had control over the other lightwardens, he just had his own little army of lesser sin eaters.

Housing is the main point of housing. Decorating is fun.

I just use it to wave my dick around with a giant waste of gil. I don't even bother decorating it very much, though I'd like to one day.

Supposedly, you can use it as a social zone, but the mindset in the west means it won't get used as such. Maybe they could add some reasons to visit houses though, maybe something like if your character logs out in your personal or FC house, you show up as an NPC on the premises while you're offline. Would be a neat way to learn about an FC.

all of you putting skill speed on gnb are doing it wrong, gnb only needs 2.40 gcd, shove all your shit into direct hit

oh and also it does more damage than pld and is way more fun to play than pld so theres that too

I often hear how anons want MMO without LFG cross server shit. They 100% don't play mmos or delusional and only have vague memories about their MMO experience in childhood. You barely can find clear/practice parties for E4S. Even weekly parties are dying. Without LFG you will not clear anything in downtime between patches. And even Classic low level areas will turn into typical desert once people level up. This already happened before in vanilla times.

Attached: ffxiv_08242019_215832_091.jpg (2560x1440, 889K)

if you get an actual house plot and not an apartment you can shit down gardens and have shit grow there rather than having to go out and get it

Its XIV all the zones are fucking empty all the time hell the main cities are usually pretty damn deserted also outside of Limsa and whatever the current tome vendor zone is.

I did airship crafting back in Heavensward which required a FC house to use the workshop and it made me over 300 million gil just from the stuff it brought back. Dunno what's the purpose now though since those items tanked in price.

But I still have all that gil and if I were to sell it at RMT prices today then I would have enough to build a great gaming PC setup.

>the only people defending this are people who enjoys 123 spamm
WAR is even lower apm and has N O B U T T O N S

>is now the most fun one at LV 80
I disagree. With the other tank changes PLD lost out pretty hard. It has the least personal cooldowns of all the tanks now where it used to be the cd king. All of the tanks having party wide buffs so veil doesn't feel like anything special either. All it has to distinguish itself is a single target heal you should never need to use in the first place and nerfed cover. Hallowed Ground cd is also fucking ridiculous and every invul in the game is better because of it (minus living dead which has always been shit). holmgang is especially superior.

>so it's super repetitive, and you get bored easily
I don't understand how someone could think this and simultaneously think PLD is fun when it's basically the exact same thing.

Where did all the RPG go? Every tank feels like flavourless mush despite having huge divides in fighting and defensive styles.

Attached: Majihan.jpg (1200x941, 90K)

They're empty because of how leveling designed in XIV. I hate this. I just want to do quests sometimes.

I see a ton of people in every major city except the expansion areas. But then again I play on Exodus so there's a ton of sprouts and they haven't reached there. Your experience may vary if you play on a dead server or a congested server that has veterans leaving but nobody replacing them.

Do you niggers truly think we are fooled with your fake copy pasted "discussions" here? You are all the same gamers from /vg/ who want to shill and recruit innocent people into your miserable mmo.

Know your place and go back to your shithole that is /xivg/.

you stopped needing to stun enemies or use arms length to debuff attack speed or really maneuver so you are facing all of them for parry/dodge; instead you just press -x% of damage for x duration button

as a /vg/ faggot myself, /xivg/ is strictly reserved for virgin weeb waifu poster nerds
actual game discussion only happens here on Yea Forums

Still can't believe these fucking faggots removed shield swipe from the class whose identity is its shield.
Intervene is nice but now the only other shield attack is shield bash, which you will NEVER use outside of the trashcan pvp.

People bitched about tank balance non-stop for 4 straight years, so this is what you get. Tanks have nothing left to complain about so they just complain that they're too equal.

gardening for certain mats you can't obtain any other way (except via marketboard)
airships for mostly garbage you can't obtain any other way (except via marketboard)
a place to do free company crafts to make things you can't obtain any other way (except via marketboard)
dead content like daidem
a hub you and your faggot friends in your faggot fc warp to that has as many amenities as possible condensed into one place like markboard and striking dummies right next to eachother
a giant gil and time sink to play the sims
a way for yoshi p to hold your sub at gunpoint and fuck you in the ass if you even think about taking an extended break

youtu.be/KjHclWPVij0

if they just fucking gave in to what players have wanted for years and make housing unlimited then itd be great

Dude no one should play xiv. Its a fucking trash mmo and only people desperate for an mmo or still in denial over it not being XI still play it. Also fucking degenerates that use it more like Second Life than anything.

if you weave it you won't clip. for extreme and savage fights you can prepare specific uses of it to allow more casting

I just started the game, but I'm a DRG when I'm not fishing.

Jump is fun.

Attached: ffxiv_08222019_002219_302.png (1680x1050, 2.88M)

The thread on /vg/ is, bar none, literally the worst general in the entire board. 99.9% of it is either avartarfagging, diaper posting, ERPing and duddes fishing compliments from other dudes by posting barely SFW modded images of their shitty avatar.
No one would be able to keep their sanity browsing that general for more than 10 seconds. You think you've seen some shit? I've seen some and more.

RPG flavor has always been a detriment to modern MMOs due to an established raid scene needing predictable functions to avoid edge cases dominating certain encounters. It's why every single PLD plays identical to every other PLD, ever WAR to every WAR, except now we're seeing whole roles become homogenized into a sterile soup. The devs never want a situation where a group wrongly decides they need a different tank job for every encounter in a savage group just because DRK/GNB handles Phase 1 of O13S by cheesing the mechanics or PLD can cheat through O15S.

While that's fine for the players that are in it to compare scores and clear times, for the people who are just looking to build a character in a unique or interesting way that gives them clear advantages in some content and penalties in others, there's no recourse.

In current tier you can use it in E4S. It's very good here. No reason to use AM on E3S. You better to pre position

I'm convinced people have some weird ass nostalgia goggles for all the dumbest fucking shit. There's always that group of reject BRD's that want HW BRD back, or the HW/SB MCH's that want that MCH back or the SB DRK's that want SB DRK back. How about go fuck yourselves.

You can complain about the 123 combo but you were doing that in SB too because it's not like you actually used your enmity combo in the first place. And sure it sucks but I'll gladly take what DRK has now than the dumb as fuck DA spam that was clunky as shit and just utter unfun. As far as actual rotations goes you can't pretend any of the tanks have it "good" right now since it's all basically 123 with maybe a deviation once in a while (refresh Storm's Path, Goring Blade etc.). PLD might be the one that feels the less repetitive even tho its rotation is so set in stone there's actually no variation at all as it's on a complete cycle between FoF and Req.
No GNB input because I didn't fotm level it like most other faggots.

watch as the simpleton fails to debunk the facts and resorts to ad hominem

No simpler engine can do what FFXIV does unless you want it to be a laggy mess or they cut down a lot of corners to make it work. Stop and think why all the popular MMOs today (WoW, GW2, ESO, RuneScape, FFXIV) use in-house engines built from the ground up while other MMOs that fail quickly or have massive problems (Bless, Tera, every Korean/Chinese MMO) use third party engines.

When is the collaboration with Taimanin Asagi?

You BLMs are obnoxious as fuck. No other job ever acts this annoying.

Tank queues stabilized over a month ago. Also, PLD is not the highest dps tank, and it’s self mitigation took a hit with the removal of Bulwark and shit.

For same reason white people flee nigger infested shitholes.

Private houses lets you have some good privacy and your own nearby market board.

Attached: 1548465688823.jpg (750x937, 265K)

SMNkeks

i wish they got jim cummings to voice vauthry

To be honest, the engine FFXIV uses isn't even that great as an MMO engine. There's a lot of little things that it just can't handle efficiently like its western counterparts can, at least as far as proprietary engines go.

That being said, it would not be difficult to have a game handle up to 24 people in a single server instance even if the game wasn't built as an MMO. About the only place the MMO aspects get utilized are battlegrounds and Eureka (Which was actually a great use of the MMO infrastructure).

GNB is good, but not more complicated than the others. People who say otherwise are retarded. You have your ogcd gap closer to weave in, you do the continuation combo every 30 secs, damage raiser, dots, and hardest hitting moves every 60 secs.

Japanese players on the forums are having a fucking fit about Yoko Taro and some of the jokes he made during the live letter.
Gooks are so robotic that they think he should be forced to apologise because he made racy jokes and made fun of ugly men playing beautiful catgirls while wasting everyone's time not even talking about the game.

And I thought the English forums were full of whiners

ok

>trust me bro
Nah brah. JOP chads don't use "gooks". So nope

In the case of TERA and probably many other generic korean/taiwanese MMO's it was hardly a performance issue. Just a complete lack of content for way too long. And by the time they finally started to pump some out the game had gone F2P and the EU publisher had shit the bed several times over that EME had to take over at some point and by that time it was all already too late.
If you want a new MMO in the market it needs to be stable and have frequent updates but no dev has those resources that requires without ending up pushing the game into F2P which is an instant death knell.

>All it has to distinguish itself is a single target heal you should never need to use in the first place and nerfed cover.

People always say this about clemency and yet its still far more useful than people give it shit for because not every pull is a speed kill. The PLD losing a single GCD to ensure a teammates survival is not going to make you see enrage. Any time cover is good, its broken. Cover is still way too strong compared to what the other tanks bring.

PLD lacking a CD only applies in places where sheltron can't cover everything, which is can due to it being on the gauge and not on a cooldown. There is almost no place in the game where PLD dies because it lacks a CD compared to other tanks.

>SB DRK's that want SB DRK back.
Dude, they fucking gutted my aoe. Quietus, abyssal drain wall to wall pulls were the saving grace of the job. Seeing all that health and mp regain was so much more satisfying than a simple 1-2 being spammed endlessly. The only thing left that's good about DRK is TBN.

I miss pulling 200 mobs and spamming da abyssal while quietus and salt kept all of my other resources topped off indefinitely
Leveling DRK sucks ass now

It's not really more complicated, it just flows better. It's the difference of playing a slow piano sonata throughout the fight vs the WAR/DRK mash C# five times every minute and a half before going back to a melody. Sure, you're more engaged in the GNB/PLD side of things, but it's easy to lose track of time and come in late with Bloodspiller/Fell Cleave.

Isn't all non target MMOs fails? I think non target combat can limit available mechanics for bossfights and suffer very hard from latency

>gunbreaker is the worst thing to happen to tanking, period
cons:
duty finder flooded with alt tanks now slowing down queue sync
people unironically are starting to think anybody in the group can be responsible for pulling because tank stance removal and emnity buff
homoginzation across the board(including above)
GNB is effective in the right hands but ultimately the scrub magnet full of shitters
DRK is strong but boring -- TBN literally perfect, while all other things that make it enjoyable have been purged; at 80 it has become the MCH of tanks with high APM, you pick this because it's the lesser of 4 evils
WAR literally is the worst dps tank and from 62-80 gets nothing new but dude self heals!! yawn where are the deeps
PAL is now, the highest dps, the best mitigation, the best crowd control, the most desired, easiest to pick up and play, etc,

Attached: 1568363508059.jpg (800x800, 96K)

holy based put me in the screencap

Not him but gook. There. I just used it.

>because not every pull is a speed kill
>he actually uses clemency during pulls

jesus christ man, I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt for instances where the healer dies in a dungeon and you keep the party up for the duration of the fight, but actually wasting potential aoe damage from holy circle to instead do what your healer should always be doing anyway and elongating the duration of the pull? you're a shitty tank

Except almost no one is ever actually interested in building a character in a unique or interesting way, they just want to know what's powerful. When someone decides to start a new MMO the first very question out of their mouth is always "which classes are good". They prioritize efficiency, optimization and meta above quite literally everything. RPGs have been training people to think like this for decades. It has never been about being unique.

In the end, even the people who just want to do their own thing are forced to bend to the prevailing meta, because even if the game itself does not, the community will impose it on them. Either play correctly or you don't get the invite. No one wants to group with someone they think will hold them back.

>Except almost no one is ever actually interested in building a character in a unique or interesting way, they just want to know what's powerful.

Attached: 1568410722601.jpg (785x731, 101K)

I guess I just dreamed up pugging my way through the current savage tier as a RDM. Since, after all, according to Yea Forums the community will force me to switch to black mage.

If 4mans were the only saving grace I feel bad for you guys. Sure DA Abyssal was OP as fuck but honestly I don't mind the change solely because nothing is clunky anymore, you have everything you need for single and AoE shit. Stalwart Soul should probably be lower level but to be fair, tanks in general always had shit for skills while leveling. I think it's just a miracle they finally fixed so PLD isn't 100% utter garbage until 48 or so anymore.

ESO is during pretty well.

I think other user is correct. The thing that kills all these mmos are lack of content and updates. More complicated combat systems are probably a factor in this, i would imagine it taking a lot longer to design new content for these systems than for the basic tab target style.

It obviously also opens up other random balance issues. I remember for instance that Warriors in Tera could be either completely useless as tanks, or go through the entire dungeon without ever taking a single point of damage.

>I think it's just a miracle they finally fixed so PLD isn't 100% utter garbage until 48 or so anymore.

Attached: 1568858220900.png (269x323, 66K)

>because nothing is clunky anymore, you have everything you need for single and AoE shit.
yeah, it's just boring

>yeah, it's just boring

Attached: 1568427569675.png (466x490, 24K)

I forgot to log in for The Rising?
What did I miss besides windup worst girl?

Lol

Can wait for
>bring back ShB NIN
>bring back ShB SMN
after reworks

I don't think that it is people not wanting to make a unique build. But rather that the limitations of the game often makes it pointless. If all you do is go and kill things that do a couple of specific attacks, why would you do this in a non efficient way? In the end the result is the same, you just took longer to do it.

RDM or MCH

This happens every time a new job is added you fucking idiot. When DRK was released, brainless edgelords flocked to the job and flooded the game with shit tanks back when it was actually harder than it is now. The actual worst thing that happened to tanking was WAR, because it constantly stood out above the rest after early 2.0 and made them constantly fuck with tank balance making things often worse in the long run. Then they bitched when PLD was better than them for a patch, which very quickly got fixed. GNB was a solid addition to tanking because right out of the gate it was very balanced and useful for raiding.

Attached: 1525888870045.jpg (583x944, 33K)

>SMN
I get the ninja thing, but what is the problem with summoners? Granted mine is not 80 yet, but i don't see what the problem is.

you have to be fucking insane to think 5.0 drk aoe is more fun than DA AD quietus regen was

FFXIV has a persistent world so the MMO infrastructure is used extensively.

It's 100% going to happen. They're strongly implying that mudras are going on the GCD like dance steps to get around the clipping issues, and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Ninjas are going to flip their fucking shit over it even if ninjutsus get a huge buff.

>People keep complaining it's too hard
>Square caved in
>Wahhhhh it's boring now

Holy fucking shit

If you want game of builds you need to copy GW1. To add "limitations" for more freedom.
Look at GW1 builds
>gwpvx.gamepedia.com/PvX_wiki

The sks from blood weapon, the removal of its opposing skill (where you regenerated mp by taking damage), and salt being nerfed all around when it used to only have like 24 seconds of downtime and do more damage while giving you blood were all retarded changes
Reducing tank mp skills to all basically being "you have 3-5 uses of x before you have to get it all back" is stupid as fuck

user if you say that to the wow fags they would kill you

In older MMOs, when you made a character, you didn't get a lot of choice repicking how you built them. When you have something set in stone like that combined with a shifting meta at endgame, playing a highly powerful meta build means you might not be meta anymore as the game evolves. The idea was that you rolled with the punches and simply played to your character's strengths rather than attempting to handle every instance of content as a dedicated role.

That sort of system broke down for several reasons, but the two big ones were that it was unfriendly to casual players who could actually wind up with a shitty character by not knowing how to build them, and also because more elite players would simply reroll a character from start to finish as the meta changed to ensure they remained on top. Eventually, you started having systems like character/skill/talent resets crop up, first with harsh limits, and then having them relax over time. When players could literally respec their character as often as they wish, only the most specialized, meta builds became worth playing because there was no opportunity cost associated with swapping skills or stats around.

Note that even XI didn't have this sort of concept, so it's a moot point as far as the FF series is concerned. Even on XI, you had choices, but none of them were set in stone, which is one of the corner stones to getting people to play non-meta builds. With XI, you usually just followed a guide on what the most optimal way to play a job/subjob was, and with XIV, the concept of the subjob was done away with entirely since it was a vestigial thing at best at that point.

I mean that part is fairly simple to understand. If you don't have shit internet and play with low latency, suddenly having mudras on gcd would feel terrible.

MCH if you like pressing buttons fast
RDM if you like pressing one button fast after cast times

both are braindead

if you want to not think either are acceptible

>mfw SMN
Even with the changes it still feels good. Wish there was a way around the mandatory 40 second downtime between phoenix and dreadwyrm though

Attached: 1563666617461.jpg (1032x295, 250K)

Outside of some annoying shit like wyrmwave delay for Baha summon or dot gap people just want SB SMN. And job is 40 apm right now. That's alone is giant wall for SB lobsters who loves garuda masturbation simulator

To be fair, it's a miracle that FFXIV even works at all because the engine they made for ARR was done in less than 2 years. For comparison it took Blizzard about 6 years to make their engine since they started on the WC3 engine back in 1998 alongside their netcode roots using Battle.net

imagine playing this game

I do that all day while at work.

imagine play a 15 years old game with no content now that would be funny

Whats a less braindead class then?

>RDM if you like pressing one button fast after cast times
Not really. It's instant but that doesn't mean it ignores the global cooldown.

Even if you had 0 ping you would still unavoidably clip any ninjutsu that requires 2-3 mudras just because of how animation lock works. They're getting rid of the clipping not because it advantages some players over others but more because it just feels like shit to play, and the amount of mudras Ninja has to do has reached a totally insane level in ShB.

being back sb nin t b h

Strangely enough, even some ancient engines like Quake 3 could support 128 players on a single server fairly well, though hardware and connections would often chug at the time due to dial up modems and people hosting the servers in their basement. Modern development has actually taken quite a step back in that regards since the focus is now on codebase reusability and adapting what you have to what you want. Which sometimes winds up with people trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

It makes sense from a business standpoint when you can crank out something that works in a year compared to optimizing something that also works (But far better) and takes you three. As long as the quality isn't awful enough to put off customers, then ship it out the door.

Post links please

Attached: 62927029_p4.jpg (1000x1000, 676K)

I have a folder for cute lala boy but I have to go to sleep soon.

Attached: DixmWArUEAAKhB-.jpg (600x544, 41K)

>shove all your shit into direct hit
GNB BiS is all about that crit after hitting 2.4/2.38 GCD now though since you can easily break 3K crit at 470.

blm, or just literally any other dps in the game minus dnc

Prestige, especially on bigger servers like Balmung, Gilgamesh, and Leviathan. You have to invest a lot of time in this game to get the houses and they're exclusive. In practice, as someone who owns a house on Balmung with a friend, we're pretty close to our neighbors because we struck up conversations when we all first got houses in the same area during the housing bonanza last year. It's one of those little features that make the community feel like an actual community when done right. Unfortunately, not everyone uses it that way. You get funny stories in housing wards, though. We used to live right next to a guild full of cat clan ERPers and they got into some spicy drama.

I vastly prefer ShB DRK over SB DRK so whatever I guess. DA spam was not fun and if that's what it required to not be boring then you have shit taste. I'm all for them to give a proper branching or second combo for single target though, WAR could use it too.
They completely removed MP costs on everything but Flood and Edge when it comes to DRK. I kinda agree the old MP management for AoE between Blood Weapon and Blood Price was better but this solution is honestly a fair middleground to me for what they were aiming for as far as AoE goes. The amazing part is that people somehow still can't fucking AoE on DRK despite how much easier they made it

TERA did fine for about a year but it was just a pure lack of content that killed it. I can't go into details as to why it took so long for stuff to come out, while most can probably be blamed on Bluehole if I recall right there were stuff that didn't come out in the west until after it had gone F2P that had already been out on kTERA for quite a while so that was just all on EnMasse.

>dude just play the same classes everyone else is playing that you see in every single dungeon lmao
zzzzzzZZZZZZ

The cast time is the gcd though, dualcast works the same way chaining anything without a cast time at the end of something that does

Now DRK is WAR so I guess no one is happy

Attached: ffxiv_08222019_020539_500.png (1280x720, 711K)

>minus dnc

Attached: 1539706543502.jpg (724x1024, 132K)

>implying ESO players would be ok with having any part of their game criticized
They'll defend their garbage MB/AH system to the end

Attached: 1555119478389.png (383x271, 256K)

friendly reminder 5.1 will kill the game

You're not special even if your mom say so.

you people not arguing facts is objectively more annoying than anything else. reminds me of party finder greys

Impossible simply because of the nier raid

Redpill me on jp datacenters. I hear they actually use duty finder for savage and organize everything with pre-written macros. Is it a good idea to move to one if you want to raid without getting caught up in the West's stupid discord obsession?

There's nothing to argue. You're just irritating.

>shb brings wowfags
>classic can't even take them all away
>5.1 brings tarofags out of the woodwork

I wish we could make mutts like her. I want to see some half Lalafell/ Au'ra creaturas.

They use raid finder and party finder, not duty finder.
Macros are issued and then people assign their spots.
It's up to you whether you want to deal with worse ping or language barriers. Personally I don't think it's worth it unless you're dead set on being best in slot (which is pointless in this game unless you're day 1 raiding ultimate with a premade static)

>i don't play it because it's popular
are you a fucking child? play what's fun you fucking idiot

You would end up with midgets with skin cancer or lizards with deformed heads.

BLM having a bigger damage discrepancy in its top quartile, implying that it's after all the most difficult dps to master, holy shit you're just like partyfinder kek

>psshh... i've had youre measure... kidd...
>heh... i follow vauthry out of my own will...
Was there ever a worse character?

Attached: FFXIV_SH_Ran'jit.png (790x1855, 1.46M)

Almost all combat-oriented games are like that though. The ultimate goal of almost all game content is to make the enemy's health reach 0. No matter how many confounding factors the devs try to add, such as unavoidable damage that needs to be healed through or adds that need to be CC'd/tanked, it's not that hard for players to figure out what's most efficient and then mandate that as the required strategy.

You can potentially mix up exactly what strategy counts as most-efficient on a encounter-by-encounter basis, but depending on how difficult you make it for players to change up their strategy, what usually happens then is that players with niche builds end up getting left out except in the specific situations where they are needed, or people just start going for generalist approaches and no one ends up specializing in anything.

I think it's a mistake when people try to apply single-player RPG concepts to MMOs. Things like highly specialized classes or roles that are super useful in specific circumstances but hardly useful in others might feel good in a game where you have all the control, and each new fight is like a puzzle to be solved before you move on with the story. But in an MMO where your party members are real people whose game experience is affected by shit like balance and meta, and where content has to last a long time and so is designed to be run over and over thereby encouraging people to prioritize effiency, those RPG concepts really don't help. It gives the sense of the game being vaguely more "RPG-ish" but at the cost of a game experience that's fun for everyone instead of just those who picked the right classes. All the build variety in the world doesn't make a difference if no one's playing.

I want Viera/Roe 10ft tall Amazonian mommies.

I do wish they did a bit more with him. There was hints of something more there but in the end they didn't capitalize on it. Ran'jit really just exists because they needed a character to represent Eulmore's military strength.

>kills you in a solo instance

The button is pressed at the same speed. You're not bypassing gcd's or previous cast. As soon as you finish a spell you press the other, same as always. Difference is said other then doesn't have a cast time. Doesn't mean you pressed the button any faster.

Bros... What the FUCK was Gukumatz?

I don't think he knows japanese

I don't care about facts, evidence or hard data. I feel like BLM is shit and therefore this is what I'll defend no matter what you bring. Stop being annoying already. Nobody gives a fuck about your graphs.

.1 brings tarofags out of the woodwork
As a Tarofag I'm disappointed because it is fixing to be not something that pushes his universe forward but simply a pastiche of awkward memberberries. I guess he feels it's okay because it's just an advertisment crossover like appearances in Sinoalice, which is fine I suppose, but certainly deflates the excitement a little bit.

>People have finally caught onto the BLM wank
Feels fucking good

In the Lore Q&A at gamescom the lore lead Oda said that Ran'jit is the sole survivor of a martial arts clan that existed in a region outside Norvrandt before it was consumed by the flood.

According to lore, mixed races take on the race of the mother and the features of the father. So you would get a green/grey viera with muscles. Basically a orc with bunny ears.

>>i don't play it because it's popular
>said on Yea Forums

ahaha how do people like you even want to live every day when all you do is delude yourselves to avoid your abhorrent realities

If you can read and speak Japanese decently, lurk enough to understand jap in game "etiquette" (they can get butthurt at the dumbest slightest shit) and with the increased ping, then sure, go for it.

Attached: D0yYkvKV4AAl4lT.jpg (668x944, 70K)

Here's your answer. None of it matters

ShB takes place in an alternate world separate from your own. They try to make it matter by having a bad guy who can travel through world's, but it's a weak excuse to give any reason to go on the adventure. No allies die or change in character in a meaningful way, and the expansion ends right where it began, talking to Tataru about how much of a dick Zenos is.

BLM is good, the players are just assholes, that's all there is to it.

BLM IS UTTER GARBAGE MOVE YOU EDGY AUTISTS

You're somewhat right about Vauthry, but it's more the metaphorical innocence that inspires the name (in addition to being another throwback obviously). Vauthry didn't have a choice in his making and he was given the world on a platter by his father, his people, and Emet. He had never been insulted, never questioned, and so he always believed he was completely right and justified and that his word was law. That is essentially his innocence, and why there's nothing for him to be forgiven for. He was created as an innocent being and never given a chance to sin. Everyone else piled their sins atop him, a veritable mountain of their decadence and blissful ignorance given form.

Why the fuck would you need to speak?

beastmaster limited job soon, he didn't die on-screen

>"Are you familiar with General Ran'jit's familiar, Gukumatz? It is a creature born of forbidden foreign magicks, passed down from general to general.
Familiars such as these are usually sustained by the aether of their master, which is why when they fall in battle, their minions fall as well. There are, however, certain notable exceptions.
Ran'jit's father commanded a familiar as well, but when he was slain by a sin eater, Huracan somehow survived, and has been seen on several occasions since. One theory posits that since the master was transformed into an eater, the familiar endures, though it is no more than conjecture..."
Apparently just a familiar sustained by their aether. Which is pretty disappointing and not that different from an arcanists's carbuncle.
Why can't we do it?

Attached: 1558870994228.gif (128x128, 22K)

You formed this opinion on Yea Forums?

H E A L E R S
D
J
U
S
T

I put up with this crybaby shit because it's mildly amusing to think they're just going autistic over black lives matter

>hurr durr why would I need to communicate in a multiplayer game, especially in a MMO
Because then you're no different than the French shitters on Chaos.
You absolute fucking faggot.

this user has the right of it. i used to hang out in hawker's alley to afk but now i just sit in my house or moonlift dance out on the lawn while i'm idling

nah it's just that you're all claiming that the class is braindead when it's objectively the most difficult class to optimize in non-casual content. in response to this you're calling me a meaniehead instead of revising your original claim, and it proves your willful ignorance

ENJOY GETTING FUCKED BY AOE WHILE WE FINISH THE DUNGEON WITHOUT YOU

Attached: 1567992787055.png (500x519, 244K)

Is there any fucking job in this game that's actually fun? I have everything at 80 except MNK/DRG/SAM which are level 1/34/67 respectively and if the last 16 jobs haven't been fun I don't have high hopes for MNK.

ShB story has been great, but aside from WHM and BLM all of the job changes from 4.x to 5.0 have made literally every job worse than before. Especially AST.

I'm looking for an image macro that was posted here
It was a pic of a black mage and the caption was "You don't know the kinds of persecution my people have had to endure for centuries! And all because of the color of our spells!"

Read again. Why would I need to SPEAK?

>I have everything at 80 except for the fun jobs

My opinion formed by Yea Forums is that everybody just sucks and has the same arguments every thread.

multiplayer is for playing with people. if you dont wanna speak, go play singleplayer and dont shit up my experience

>He doesn't think Stardiver (I still prefer Mortal Chorus) is the hypest shit since Dragonsong Dive even became a thing.

As far as improvement goes MNK got unfucked a bit going from SB to ShB
I think DRG held steady and people are butthurt about SAM

Quit being so mad you can't read, he's obviously talking about PHYSICALLY speaking.

Nevermind, it was a panel from an old webcomic

Attached: BLM.jpg (578x420, 44K)

It is a time sink but that's MMOs in general. Houses are rare to obtain so just having a house means you're 1 out of the 1440 people on your server that owns a plot of land. There's also workshop crafting that only FC houses can do. Back in HW it was very lucrative and the only way to access Diadem hard mode. It will most likely be used as part of the Ishgard restoration process too.

You use xeno, t3p, or f3p before AM so that it doesn't clip, or weave AM after a swift/triplecasted spell.

There are 4320 plots of land per server.

>level 34 drg
You should be able to tell why he's not having fun

BST teaser

Do you ever wonder how the mind of a person works who continually dies to mechanics they should be 100% familiar with during fights? Do you think they have enough neurons in their brain to realize that them dying 45 seconds into a fight and continually bungling mechanics pull after pull are why the group isn't clearing? When even after being told in party chat to not do X or Y and to stack at Z they still fail to properly execute their simple responsibility? Every day I fail to clear E2S just causes me to more slowly and slowly grow to utterly despise 75% of the playerbase. The fact that they have the audacity to continue carrying on in their obliviousness and dragging good players down infuriates me to no end. Their complete lack of realization that 7 people cannot carry 1 person through an entire fight at the relevant level is almost making me consider dropping this expansion at least until 5.1

Attached: Witchiepoo.jpg (320x240, 58K)

Is he really someone worth trusting with statements like that

You're just fucked then, the only one any sizable amount of people agree is any fun right now is DRG and that might get the nerf bat soon so who knows how long you'll be hearing that. Unless you got a house or something, might just be time to pack it in.

Attached: 1564333048686.gif (270x200, 277K)

Your fault for not clearing week 1. Now you're stuck with the dregs.

New cooldown idea for RDM, rate it

>enchantment
>reduces enchanted weaponskill b/w mana cost to 0 for 20 seconds
>2 minute cooldown
>allows you to use two full melee combos+verflare/holy and scorch in a row even at 0 b/w mana

You're right, my mistake. But still, 4320 is not enough for each server given that all of them are full except the deadest server on Crystal.

I'm aware and I'm desperately trying to get past this actual pit of despair and shit players in the vain hope that E3S will be a better experience. What's truly upsetting is that E2S honestly has simpler mechanics going on compared to E1S but people just have such a hard time grasping it.

You either beg for a 0 chest run or waste time doing the fight.

It never really gets that much better. 3s has mechanics that cause everybody to wipe if one person fucks up. Black Smokers in particular is apparently brutal with pugs.

This is why I don't even try until shit's piss easy. I'm garbage and I do not care enough about being good at this game to look up and practice different opening timers and stuff knowing I'm not going to get into some static and talk to people about when to do what.

Attached: 1546684107927.jpg (392x500, 33K)

ok

It's the fact that they dived straight into 'member Weight of the World???!??!?!? rather than anything he said

Attached: ffxiv_16072019_142515_823.png (1920x1080, 1.24M)

There's someone in my FC who got hit by Titania's "move out" AoE like, 8 out of every 10 times. And not even on the part where it's random. And he was playing PLD as though he was still in Heavensward, no Requiescat or Atonements. It blew my fucking mind.

Reminder that Ran'Jit actually made sense.
First time you fought him you had no idea what he was capable of and you had the primary goal of getting Ryne out so he caught you by surprise.
Next time you properly fought him one on one you wrecked him and unlike Thancred you did so without any risk of sacrificing your life energy.

The worst thing about this game is when you wipe and proceed to give people advice on how to handle the mechanic that wiped the group. But they stay silent, accept the ready check, and still fail at the same part. Not only is that incredibly fucking rude to not respond to others when they give you advice, but it makes them look like a complete mongoloid that can't read. I can understand if the person doesn't speak English well, but at least mention it to the party first or use the auto translate system instead of staying silent.

I don't care, he's a boring edgelord dragging down a decent expansion

>some guy trapping my e3s party
>check his fflogs
>he's orange in all savages
Is this dude intentionally wasting everyone's time?

I have been trying to win the helm from e2s for over 5 weeks now. This is the 6th week so I can at least use the books to trade for it.....FUCK!

Is it the same role?

They didn't even get a new self heals as war, you literally lost your self healing abilities, which they only gave you after TAKING FUCKING BLOODBATH which was just better gleam

If anything getting WotW out of the way as the first raid's normal theme heavily implies that they'll be going beyond just making three Automatabait instances

It's not but he kept making the same mistakes over and over again during tsunami 2.

I hope you're right. But to me it feels like the kind of stuff aimed at the people who stopped playing after ending A.

I find it hard to bother giving advice to anybody these days. Either they're silent and ignore it like you said, or they respond with passive-aggressiveness. Very rarely does someone actually listen.

It's gonna be the battle theme.

>"Stop killing the sin eaters! There is no hope!"
>*lightwardens being permanently WHIIIIRRRRRRRR'D left and right*
>"I SAID THERE IS NO HOPE!"
Good thing he was practically irrelevant to the expansion.

Attached: 1563735828923.png (162x197, 67K)

based

You guys ever run into those ultra casual statics where they make cringy jokes 80% of the time on the mic or textbox but continue to wipe everytime and never really progress? They seem to get their fun from wiping and joking around. I don't get it. Joking around is one thing, but where's the fun in repeating a fight 10 times and never improving?

What are all the parts of the game that mention or address mix race stuff? Elvaan half bitch is most prominent. The son of a ruby princess and hyur male was acknowledged to be more draggy guy but lacking a ton of scales. Anymore stuff?

Is that lala WHM considering doing something lewd?

This is why I went so hard during week 1 and 2. I learned your lesson last expac. You NEED to clear 1-3 before the end of week 2 if you want any hope of clearing 4 before the 1 or even 2 month mark.

Finally got my fashion crown, feels good to be part of the club

kys nigger

He's learning greed specifically on the new role obviously, and you got held hostage.

try to find a static with people similar to yourself, or make your own. after pugging savage weeklies since week 2, every decent person i met went into a static and enjoyed raiding much more

Died in 1.0, and was buried in 2.0. 3.0 was the funeral, 4.0 was the memorial, and 5.0 was the acceptance it was never coming back.

You're going to run into a similar problem with statics. All the good players and groups have cleared long ago and have the tier on farm, and any statics still progging 2s are casual/midcore trap groups like this

It's on the lore section of the official forums and I think in one of the lore books SE made.

ive been invited by some good players that i see time and time again in pf so im lucky in that regard. when people recognize you, pf becomes a little less hellish, but a static where everyone is fed up with pugs just sounds so nice

They're max left side on the 0-100 utism slider IRL, whereas even a normie is somewhere around 30. They have so much fun being cringe and laughing while having 0 ambitions that they're insufferable IRL, and found the perfect place to stagnate with likeminded socials in a hardblocked sandbox like savage raiding, while also being able to flex attempting savage to normie FC members who only play for roulettes and maybe a 24man. To you and me, they're all shitters, but much like the tumblr pixiefats to superfats (XL to XXXL), there exist subdivisions to their shittiness within the shitters community.

only thing i remember is they said it was a mistake because they failed to recognize the power of RP fags

It's just a waste of gil and time.

>a static where everyone is fed up with pugs just sounds so nice
Not to me. In my experience the people who do the most bitching about pugs tend to be full-blown greylets who aren't dedicated enough to complete early in the patch and just join statics to be carried.
Nobody who's this late to clearing and is stuck with the dregs is going to be particularly amazing themselves.

>bar none

You frorgot vrg, user. The thread so bad it spawned a sister in /trash/ that is widely considered better.

I wish NA used raid finder like JP. I want to do savage but PF pugs are hell and statics feel like a job at times having to arrange schedules, notify for absences, replace people if they quit or get laid off, people get pissy if you already clear before them, and so forth.

I wish there were more EX primals per patch.

Attached: meow.webm (514x828, 2.55M)

Why do people always compare being in a static to a part-time job?
You'll only be raiding with them 6-9 hours a week and most groups reduce hours once you have the tier on farm anyway.
Why is it a problem to arrange a schedule? You would only be raiding during free time which you would spend playing the game anyways, so spending a couple hours of it with others who have a common goal isn't really that intrusive.
Notifying your group in case of absences is literally just basic common courtesy; why is it such a bother to you? Same with clearing before them; you all agreed on a specific date for clears, of course they're going to be mad if you fuck them over like that.

You just sound misanthropic as fuck to be quite honest.

they were all people ive pugged with before, and everyones cleared titan long ago in pugs, we also get along so i got a good feeling. might be fun staying for ultimate and the next tier

we just need FFXIV-2

Hopefully sticking its head in a woodchipper

How ass wtf? Is this leaked update footage?

AAAAHHHHHHH THANCRED SAVE ME HE'S HERE IN THE THREAD

>before shadowniggers say tanking and healing changes look bad
>get told to go play wow
>shadowniggers comes out
>cool msq but tanking and healing are fucked and boring as shit now
Maybe I will go play classic

fuck you it was fucking bullshit

>gunbreaker is the worst thing to happen to tanking
I...I just started leveling it. I already have PLD at 80, am I making a mistake? I just thought it'd be nice to have something fresh to tank as, is it really that bad?

No, OP is mad for reasons besides gameplay and is a stupid faggot besides

For some, being so far removed from efficiency in their daily lives, the art of scheduling itself sucks some enjoyment out of otherwise fun activities. People complain endlessly about pugging in this game but continue to do so. Why? It turns out that complaining about bad players to good players is another enjoyable experience for these people. It is a patchwork camaraderie for people that enjoy the thrill of rolling the dice in party finder hell, and nostalgia tricking them into believing they enjoyed pugging when faced with a new savage tier. It's sad that people can't break free.

I find GNB a lot more involving and fun than PLD. The contrarians here will spit on it for being the cool new thing, but I'm enjoying it.

Unironically this

Titan is clearable in pugs now?
I'm in the same situation where I want to start raiding seriously now, but all the good players cleared long ago and I'm left with the shitters.

If my goal is to clear titan before 5.1, is it really possibly to do it with raid finder pugs only? Statics aren't an option now for the points raised earlier.

Attached: 1550903170803.jpg (336x506, 26K)

I gotta say, it really clenches the anus when popping Superbolide VS popping Hallowed Ground. I gotta hope to fucking god the healer is paying attention when I pop it or I'm dead. It's down right suicidal popping it for big pulls. Definitely a bit more spicy than PLD, at least.

I actually agree that duty finder horror stories are actually fun to experience. But the thing is, I get more than enough of that from roulettes, spamming 70-80 dungeons for leveling and especially 24mans. Hell I get at least 2-3 stories a week to tell my friends about.
I'd rather not extend that to the content I'm actually taking seriously and want to clear on a consistent schedule.

The sooner you quit this game the better you'll feel and wish you did it sooner.

Attached: 1568607008259.jpg (500x432, 35K)

>queue for mheg
>endearingly retarded and absolute shit dps is consistently 4th on the enmity list behind the healer
>inspect him
>he's in fucking level 70 af coffer gear and i270 accessories
>healer flips his shit in the most over the top way possible to the point that I thought they queued together and were joking
>the healer is serious
>the dps apologizes and says he got the dungeon through roulette which doesn't have an ilvl requirement
>the healer claims it's harassment and tries to kick the dps
>the kick fails and the healer refuses to progress forward so we kick him
>we get a new healer and finish the dungeon in a timely manner despite the dps being shit but not before he apologizes twice more and nearly dies to frog raid wide damage

What the fuck is wrong with healers? I have never seen anyone freak out that hard. I mean, sure the dps is deadweight with mediocre ilvl but you're gonna try to kick him and then hold up everyone else when that fails?

If I was that healer I would've just left.

It is but to clear you will probably need to be "carried" by doing 0 chests groups.

It's disrespectful to go in with gear like that. Have some pride in your character and purchase appropriate gear for yourself, child. No one will respect your character if you can't even respect it yourself.
>b-but it wasn't me
Shut the fuck up, DNC, you aren't fooling anyone.

people taking casual content seriously are the absolute worst

This poster speaks the truth.
Quit Yoshida's game now.

Attached: destroy.jpg (109x176, 12K)

It wasn't me. I was the tank. And it was a MCH.

Why would you be level 73+ without updating your gear? There's literally no reason not to.
It's not "harassment" by any means but it's lazy as shit and you shouldn't be engendering the people do can't be arsed to gear up.

>dps' single responsibility is to do more damage than a tank or a healer
>deck stacked in their favour to accomplish this goal
>fails anyway
(You): "fucking healer elitists"

go back

Video games are just entertainment for me, they are something to pass the time in an enjoyable way. If I don't feel like playing, why would I? That would defeat the entire purpose of the game in the first place. Being in a static robs you of your freedom to choose when and how you want to play, you have to turn up whether you feel like it or not because other people are counting on it. If you refuse them, obviously they won't continue to let you play with them, which inhibits your own ability to progress in the game. So you are obligated, compelled. It is a responsibility in what is otherwise an inherently responsibility-less activity. That's why it's like a job.

He was 74 and I have no idea why he wasn't wearing at least 380 gear but I wasn't going to fucking kick him over it. We were doing fine despite it.

6-9 hours a week for progression on a 2-3 day schedule seems a lot for me since I work a full time job. It doesn't help that I work the graveyard shift hours (9PM-5AM). Statics never raid at those hours, it's always night hours (when I'm working) or afternoon hours (when I'm sleeping). I have no work on the weekend, but I would rather just sleep in or play another game since I got more time like catching up on my backlog.

Some days I want to do my own thing (level other classes, help FC members, adjust my house, whatever I feel like) and not be committed to a schedule. There are other days where I don't want to play at all either because I got other shit going on, or I just want to lurk the web. This is why I prefer pugging, duty finder, and raid finder. I can do whatever I want whenever I want. But Savage is not a option for me since raid finder is dead on NA side, PF is dead in the morning when I get home or making my own party ends up never filling because one person leaves before we go in and then 3-4 others drop immediately which we never recover from. Transferring to EU/JP for greener pastures would mean I would have to abandon my FC, house, friends, and deal with worse ping on top of all that.

Basically it starts feeling like a job if I have to schedule my sleep and other activities around a static, except that I'm not getting paid.

Attached: img192.png (407x325, 154K)

>Your burst
Holy shit you just need to fit 5 gcds in delirium and 5 gcds in blood weapon and never cap Mana
Fuck your scholar and dragoons rDPS

If that dps was a decent person he would have left the group because replacing dps is not hard. Fuck shitters who can't wear a decent gear.

They said they got it from roulette you stupid heal slut.

>people taking casual content seriously are the absolute worst
It adds up. Somebody doesn't want to press their buttons and that's 10 minutes to your run. Tank doesn't go into dungeons with appropriate amount of armor and that makes healer lose DPS and that's 10 minutes to your run. This happens once, twice, ten times, you've already lost 2 hours out of your life that you could've spent doing anything else just because they were too lazy to walk up to a vendor, get proper gear, then press buttons in a dungeon.

I tire of this charade

To what? PLD? Reddit? FFXI? Explain yourself.

healers get super salty when they don't have enough time to whisper queer shit to the tank

PLD is the worst tank in terms of personal mitigation. Every tank can pull with only a meager DPS loss as opposed to setting back their entire rotation like SB PLD. Get good.

Based chad DPS interrupting the healer's netflix session.

You're taking it way too goddamn seriously dude. If you don't feel like playing anymore then just fucking tell your group and 99 times out of 100 they'll be fine with it. The only time I can possibly see a group being mad for you dropping out on them is if it's a week before a new tier drops and you force them to scramble for a replacement, which is just a dick move in general. Otherwise it doesn't matter.
You're not fucking compelled to keep playing with them; you didn't sign a soul-binding contract.
It's really not that fucking huge of an investment unless you're part of a world first group or some shit which I guarantee you'll never even be eligible for.

That has no bearing on his role responsibility you 50 IQ double cuck.

Who cares? MMOs are designed to be a giant waste of your life anyway. If you got upset from time losses because of retardation I can't imagine you'd ever have a good time playing this game.

Raiding for 2-3 hours a night for a few nights isn't that bad. Once you get the fights down, you only play for like 2 hours in one night a week.
t. wageslave in a similar position but raids normally

I somewhat agree and while I want the game to be as social as XI of ye olde days at LEAST, I also understand that kind of game will not make any sub money. At least, not as easily. Just like any big budget product. You still have to pander to lowest common denominator somehow.

Now if Eureka is an unanimous success (is it?), maybe they can build something from it. If I remember correctly, Eureka happened because the dev wanted to create old MMORPG experience while still compromising with what the market wanted. I don't know if that's the correct mindset from now on, if ever, but it's interesting what this will lead to.

Attached: 1479871580136.jpg (667x773, 130K)

10% party mitigation isn't minor in late savage or ultimate.

it was an easy dungeon, stop being a fag

you say that, but really you're just salty because a fight took 12 seconds longer than the top static on your DC and your bitch ass can't cope

You're getting way up high on your own noxious fumes and inflated self importance with all this responsibility talk. It's a shitty casual leveling dungeon, not e4s.

I also work a graveyard shift full-time (12 AM to 8:30 AM) and I managed to find a group with good times that we can knock out right before work. And this is on Crystal with a substantially smaller pool of raiders to choose from. Yeah I have to go to sleep and wake up an hour or two earlier than usual but it's really not that big of a deal. I still have plenty of free time during the weekdays and weekends.

Wait people do this?

Paladin's burst is also immensely weaker than Warrior's. Inner Release does an obscene amount more damage than any of Paladin's buffs, Inner Chaos is both more frequent and also almost always stronger single target than Confiteor. You can't just compare buff uptime when PLD only does like 1% more damage than WAR.

We're talking about that guy's Il Mheg run, bub, so dungeons. I haven't logged into this game since killing Titan Maximum. Sounds like you're coping to me.

Can someone tell me what's the point of farming Savage?

Faggot streamers do it to their chats, but you can't send tells mid instance.

You get gear so you can
uhhh
um
do Savage again

the RPG (role-playing faggot game) is still there and very much enforced in RP servers, it's a shame you can't purge the ERPers but it's there

Finally reached Stormblood and I don't know if its already boring or I'm just burnt out

Is the last part of Alexander hard synced? Because I had no trouble doing the rest but for this the queue times are immense

Attached: 20190913205220_1.jpg (2560x1440, 308K)

ilvl peen building into parse peen building

you're right, I am coping
by having fun playing videogames and shitposting. gotcha

Gear is the least important part of Savage. The point of playing it is to have fun with difficult fights. You know, to play the video game and challenge yourself?
Gear is just a bonus.

He's clearly pointing out this sperg faggot optimization parser mentality which is ruining the game. An il mheg run is the last place you should see that shit. I was happy to have the experience of seeing someone actually using level 60 accessories in that content just because it's funny. The entire encounter was funny. It was well worth the price of a few minutes of my time.

is baiting parsefags into talking shit and reporting them the most fun to have in this game?

I'm shitposting too, I don't really care if you waste your life on running dungeons with shitters or not.

Responsibility as in his role, there's literally zero elitism in what I'm saying. Tanks hold enmity, healers heal, damage dealers do damage. I've heard enough about tanks/healers not doing damage, but a mch undergeared by 23 levels is acceptable. Go back to /xivg/ with your nonsense and live blissfully.

Stormblood is horrible. Not a single moment worth remembering. Hated it. I just beat Shadowbringers and god damn, I gotta say, they outdid themselves with this one. The music is great, it's all unique finally, the story is good, the characters are good, the areas are well made and the dungeons are nice. Only complaint is the fact that they reused armor models from fucking stormblood for the leveling gear. Fucking why would they do this? It's so god damn lazy, I can't even comprehend it.

Savage isn't fun though. and I guess I'm not the only one since savage is only done by a minority of people.

>optimization parser mentality
Expecting players to have gear at the appropriate level and know how to press the glowing buttons makes me an elitist parsetranny now?
Damn, guess I better go start my HRT then.

>.
no need to get so hysterical, geez

That's your opinion, but I guarantee you 90% of raiders do Savage for the fun and challenge rather than the gear. There's a reason why Ultimates get so hyped up even though the only real reward you get from them is bragging rights. Because people like the game and want to play harder content.

I get the aspect of progression learning and the satisfaction of clearing. But I don't get the farm part. If the appeal is the challenge, then where's the challenge if you know the scripted fight from top to bottom and you're overgeared for it?

>original post has you examining the retard's gear
>faggot optimization parser mentality
Breathe in
Ok?
Now dilate, you backpedaling chimpanzee.

That is true majority of players are cancer in this game. It's why alliance raids take 30 minutes instead of 15

It's fun for me because at this point there's no other content where you actually need to put some effort.

I don't think it's acceptable but I don't think he should have been kicked for it either. The progress rate was fine. It wasn't that big of a deal.

I think someone stomping their feet and flipping their shit over it and then holding everyone else up is a far greater transgression than being severly undergeared.

modifications of client side

Well I have no expectations for the story but I hope they at least have some fun with the setting

Most of the people subscribed XIV don't enjoy the gameplay.

try some min ilvl primals

>But I don't get the farm part
Gradual self-improvement through repetition? As someone who started raiding for the first time this tier and has gone from a greylet to 90+ percentile, there's a huge different in gameplay between when I started and where I am now, and I enjoy that learning process. Optimization is fun and satisfying, just like with anything else in life.

To have the coolest gear. It's a purer form of mount collection because the joy is fleeting with every new tier, and only the keenest eyes in Eorzea will spot that you've got the finest equipment. Vanity, nobility, and rare possessions.

>To have the coolest gear
doesn't really make sense since most people glamour over their savage gear. unless coolest gear means jacking off to +10 ilvl

I've literally never seen a raider suggest that gear is the most important part of raiding to them. That's literally just a coping mechanism for idiots who can't get past E2S enrage or whatever. Sour grapes.

Fair enough. But personally I only care about the clear and not getting a color on some website.

>queue for Holminster Switch
>tank dies on the first pull
>he only pulled the bear and first pack
>tank says "use cure 2"
>healer says "ok I will thanks"
>check their gear
>left side is a mix of 350 crafted gear and scaevan gear
>right side is weathered accessories

Attached: YOU WILL REGRET THIS.png (184x184, 60K)

Right, but most people who do high-end content aren't casuals

The mch is holding everyone up as well, you just don't care that has doing it because he's better at feigning politeness than you are at discerning it. The healer's indignation is justified because it takes no time at all to find a dps that is an actual nice person in that they've at least geared to not 23 fucking levels behind the dungeon. If you don't think it's appropriate to kick someone for that, which doesn't even give them a penalty, you have poor judgment. There are so many dps players with gear waiting in queue and you decided to take on this snake because he said he's sorry about it, but not sorry enough to actually give a fuck. Honestly, you examined his gear but you should have examined even closer.

raider should be autofiltered to tranny

What's with WHMs who keep fishing for free cure 2 while using 1? I met too many of those.

You say "fair enough" but you still diminish the idea with "muh color on muh website"
Are you really that incapable of empathizing with the desire to work and see consistent self-improvement? I'm really curious as to why you're so unwilling to understand why somebody might enjoy stuff you personally don't.

I wish he was doing that but he was just using cure 1 and literally nothing else. The tank died again on the next pull with just the 2 bears (didn't even pull more than 1 pack) and got instantly kicked at the 5 minute mark

Casuals aren't capable of understand self-improvement or satisfaction through challenge because they've literally never been challenged by anything in their life. Don't bother.

Hey guys, what are you queuing for tonight?

Attached: help.png (402x130, 96K)

Keenest eye as in right click+examining.
>Reading (Savage)
I'm not saying it's the most important aspect. I literally replied to a post about farming.

What's a great % on FFlogs? Like what's the minimum % would you consider someone to be a good player?

Attached: turok.jpg (210x240, 16K)

Ah okay. Damn.

I'd say 75+ or purple is where you'd be considered "good."

the fuck
what server are you on? I need to grind HoH soon for a few levels

I can understand that people enjoy self improvement. That's why I said fair enough meaning its acceptable. I just don't care about farming for better parses. All I care about is clearing for the week and then fucking off back to Monster Hunter since self-improvement is more satisfying for me there.

Depends entirely on your gear and when the parse was uploaded. For example right now if you got blue in entirely 450 non-pentamelded gear I'd consider that to be the baseline for decent performance. If you're wearing raid/tome gear and are closer to 470, then anything above 85 is good, 75-85 is "you're probably decent or good but had a bad run or maybe a bad group", and below 75 is shitter range.

1-10 aren't the grinding floors of HoH

I know, you still need to finish it though lol

Took me like 10 hours in queue to finish POTD 20-50 because nobody queues them
fug hope it's not that dead on Tonberry

It doesn't work like that because of ilvl differences. Only at the start, when bis is pentamelds, and end of a tier, when you've got bis, can you properly make that inference. Statistically, purple is generally correct rotation with a couple mistakes (skilled), blue is good enough, green indicates needs work, grey indicates relearning or deaths.

>tfw ilvl 454 purple sam still using 3 sen opener rotation

can't tell whether other sams are bad or there just aren't enough.

Huh? What is the point of asking the question in the first place if you already understood from MH? You just wanted to post something? I dont get it. What?

What floors are the grinding floors? Last time I did HoH was on a different character, and it stopped me from matching up with people past floor 30. There was no grinding floor at the time, unless I'm retarded and am missing something?

21-30

How do you grind those floors specifically?

Once you go past it, reset data then enter a new dungeon, it tells you to start from 1-10 or 21-30 this time

Which is funny because MH has just as much grinding for gear as XIV does, just in a different gameplay style.

Well fuck me. I mean, I have shit aetherpool stats and don't want to be a burden on the people past floor 10 until it's at a decent level. Guess I'll be in queue for this shit for a couple days until then.

i consider them good if it's a week 1 clear for savage and month 1 clear for ultimate

GUIDE US

O MIGHTY FURY

People won't mind, don't worry about it
You run it a few times then you get a shit load of upgrades

You can solo everything but the boss of floor 30 with a +5 weapon and armor, aetherpool strength literally does not matter until around floor 50

shadowbringers was an FFXI-tier story line. I loved it.

Attached: Ffxi-arkangelswitharchduke.jpg (720x480, 96K)

I can challenge myself in MH by soloing 4 player difficulty quests with meme gear. I can't really challenge myself solo in FFXIV because all the hard content requires 7 other people to be on the same page and optimization in FFXIV farming is just stacking numbers on a website rather than just surviving the encounter since there are quests where 1 death means game over.

True, but gear isn't nearly as important in MH as it is in FFXIV. FFXIV is all about MUD style numbers, MH is all about outsmarting the AI.

Every expansion had one dungeon with reused models I'm pretty sure. Stormblood's 61 dungeon reused random gear models and the 67 dungeon reused models from the first uncapped tome gear of HW.

>challenging yourself beyond what is required counts in MH because I said so but challenging yourself beyond what is required in XIV doesn't because trannies REEEEE

can you imagine not being 470 ilvl bis this late into the tier

If you like jacking off to parses for your self improvement, that's fine. Totally acceptable and everyone got their own opinion. I just only care about the clear and clearing in FFXIV isn't as satisfying as it is in MH. But again that's just my opinion. Feel free to hate.

Bah Stormblood had plenty of moments
>Winning the battle at the Steppe
>Gosetsu getting squished to death
>The final song atop the tower where everyone sings to send off the expansion

No difference between jacking off over parses and jacking off over beating a monster in meme gear, really.

>If you like jacking off to parses for your self improvement, that's fine
So just like you like jacking off to killing monsters in meme gear?

No but it counts in Monster Hunter because I haven't invented some evil oppressive boogeyman about third party sites for that game

tl;dr: I'm a casual in denial and totally soloed some piss easy 4 player hunt in ssome MH game in "meme" (read: slightly suboptimal) gear one time so I'm a pro gamer and definitely not a casual

>parse trannies were the worst people in mhw
>started ff14
>its even worse here
i just want to enjoy this game senpai

>call people names for not being casuals
>get shit on
WOOOOOOW HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS WOULD HAPPEN
THANKS YOSHIDA
BUGGED PARSING MECHANICS

In suboptimal gear I enjoy optimization for sure and to challenge myself in MH by surviving yes, I'm not a casual.

Why was Ranjit such a faggot?

Ffxiv is following the same expansion cycle as ffxi's.

FFXI RotZ - Go to floating island paradise in the sky, new Warriors of the Crystal enemies

FFXIV HW - Flying implemented, heavily emphasizing floating islands, new Warriors of Darkness introduced

FFXI ToAU - Get to sail across the ocean to visit a very visually and culturally different "dynasty", has mysterious ruins under the ocean's surface

FFXIV SB - Get to sail across the ocean to visit a very visually and culturally different "dynasty", implements diving and swimming, has ruins underneath the waters in several areas.

FFXI CoP - visit a nation thought to have been utterly destroyed in the war seen in the opening cinematic, must stop an apocalypse from happening by traveling to the realm of the gods, an ancient "sea" type area full of aquatic strange looking creatures and slapping Promathia's (Zodiark's) shit to stop it

FFXIV SHB - must travel to a realm that's been utterly destroyed by a catastrophic occurrence and save it in order for your own realm not to be destroyed, must slap Zodiark's follower's shit and everything else in order to prevent it. Has a "sea" type ancient otherworldly area.

Based on this, If the next expansion focuses on time traveling, know that I called it here.

One jacks off to numbers in padded composition group content with ideal/best in slot gear, the other jacks off to being able to beat group content solo with a handicap.

Attached: spoons rattling.png (588x412, 569K)

what you can do is practice until you see enrage a few times, then pm a weekly 2 chest party saying that you have multiple enrage exp. at least on EU, e4s parties fill up slowly past tuesday, so there are many people who will let you in. but that means you must be pulling your weight, else you'll be seen as a party trapper. mention in the practice parties that you want previous phases to be perfect etc

>I'm not a casual
Someone who's not a casual wouldn't shit on people for not playing casually in the same post where he also says he plays the game casually because he doesn't like being challenged, then make up some nebulous bullshit about soloing something in MH with some gear to make it look like he's totally a not-casual

>One jacks off to playing well and the other one jacks off to playing well

The mechanics of it are obviously different because they're completely different games, but the general goal of pushing yourself in terms of execution is the same.

Gear barely matters in MH in most fights, they just take longer with bad gear once you're good at the game. It's not much more of a challenge to solo something with terrible gear than with good gear unless it's one of the hardest fights in which case it's still a challenge to solo it with good gear anyway.

If I solo it, will it unlock access to floor 21-30 when I queue for matched parties?

Sure is easy to play well when you're farming savage to have best in slot gear, memorizing boss mechanics that never change from the script, and you follow rotations someone theorycrafted online that is objectively the best at ouputting the highest numbers.

Yes but you don't need to solo 21-30 and you probably can't unless you go in as PLD or RDM

>Sure is easy to play well when you're farming savage to have best in slot gear
having BiS gear is the baseline, not a bonus. You realize in a leaderboard setting everyone you're competing with also has BiS gear right? Oh wait you're some retard that think soloing hunts in one of the easiest Monhuns is an accomplishment, you don't know anything about challenge.

>it's just sooooooooooo easy guys
Show us your golds then. If it's so simple to perform well, clearly you'd naturally be competing with the best of us just by casually doing your weekly clears.

It's not easy to play well, but it's not like you'd know that since you likely haven't even actually cleared E4S without getting carried since you're a shitter casual

no dude trust me, I only have grey parses but I'm still good beause you don't need more than that to clear, even thougha group of greys can't actually beat enrage. Also trannies

It's a good thing then that I literally only play PLD and RDM and have nothing else leveled. Thanks user.

Wearing shit gear means you get ohko if suffer a unguarded hit. Maybe two hits if you're melee since they get bonus defense.

Honestly how could he have expected the WoD to show up? Look at the man's face, he's been through some shit. He's the last surviving member of his clan. His own father became a sin eater. He roundhouse kicked a moving mining cart to get his adoptedish daughter back from a jobswapping faggot pedofile scion and would've kicked his ass if he hadn't been sweet on the blonde haired blue eyed big titty ho incarnation of hyadelyn. Leave Ranjit alone, he never stood a chance at a good life. His situation was fucked from birth. Named like an Indian, dressed like a Chinese and looks like a Mexican. Japanese cursed design fucked his shit up from the start.

I love how y'all are even saltier than wowfags

Looks like Balance discord got triggered.

Stop using gear from the same rank.

Why wouldn't you want a nice house to decorate on the down low? Plus it's fun to manage to get a large plot as a private estate to dab on FCs and RPers.

It's a side effect of caring about raiding. Only tyrannies raid in ffxiv. True chads just resin for the story and the new dungeons once every patch, then unsubscribe.

Okay, now the fight takes slightly longer.
And who the fuck gets hit in hunts they've already cleared multiple times? Especially in fucking World?

Die mobile poster

the more i read these threads the more convinced i become that they are populated by the bitterest, angriest, loneliest, most miserable people on the planet whose sole emotional outlet in life is stroking their own ego on anonymous messageboards by complaining about how sometimes they have to play a videogame with people who are not as good as them

Who said anything about World lol

Projection

Yeah you'd have to be pretty bitter and angry about trannies to brag about soloing hunts in world without posting proofs just to prove you're not a casual after posting saying you're a casual

Who the fuck plays World for optimization? That game is complete garbage.

Don't reply to people if you're not going to read the reply chain dipshit.

But the only people really complaining are the guys who won't shut up about parsetrannies or fflogs or whatever other boogeyman they've convinced themselves is ruining the game.

Like I said, I only care about the clear. Don't care about colors or how fast you speedrun something. FFXIV is not as challenging as you think it is.

Some retard in this thread who was passive aggressively shitting on anyone who runs savage after getting their gear. When called out for being a casual he started bragging about how he doesn't have time for "parsefagging" because he wants to get back to playing World where he totally solos hunts with meme gear (but didn't say what fight or what gear)

paladin theoretically should be the best tank anyway, it doesn't even make sense that dark knight is a tank, yoshi is an idiot, he didn't know how to copy the FFXI designs properly in this new game so he just did some stupid shit instead.

Attached: 9.png (247x309, 90K)

Reminder that if you get frustrated by people not caring and not pulling their weight in a team game then you're likely you're a socioopath. Normal humans just accept getting shit on.

>Like I said, I only care about the clear.
That's nice, casuals have the right to play the game casually if they want to. No problem there.
>FFXIV is not as challenging as you think it is.
How do you know that when you never challenge yourself at it? It's certainly more challenging to compete against other humans than to do a low/no-hit run of some random hunt in world

Nobody said anything about World.

So sociopaths are chads and normalfags are beta cucks

Who the fuck would be playing any other MH game right now where you'd have any choice but to solo fights? Unless you were referring to the fucking MMO or some shit, I don't know if that still has players.

>How do you know that when you never challenge yourself at it?
I beat the fights. That's the challenge. Are you implying that speedrunning or getting parses why savage is challenging?

>I don't care about challenging myself in this game but I've also designated myself as the person to comment on the difficulty of XIV
To put things into perspective, this is the equivalent of some dude getting carried through G rank hunts by a team with the best gear and then coming back to say MH is an easy game.

I am still so butthurt at what they did to BLU. I adored the fuck out of it in ffxi. It could do pretty much anything.

Attached: Blue_Mage_FFXI_Art.jpg (832x1032, 334K)

Please don't post XI BLU and make me sad like that.

>Are you implying that speedrunning or getting parses why savage is challenging?
Yeah. It's quite literally harder to perform at a 90th percentile than a 10th percentile. Ergo, it's more challenging.

>adored
gay

>yoshi p copies some elements from ffxi
>that must mean he was trying to copy it entirely and fucked up really bad

Only caring about "the clear" is not realistic. If you want to clear then your actual realistic goal is to do as well as possible according to the amount effort you're willing to put in to get there. You cannot determine some magical minimum amount of effort where you clear every time but don't go past that.

but he did for the longest time, he didn't start to pull away from this until shadowbringers, and even so dark knight being a tank is pure idiocy

maybe a little. It was a fun class with insane build variety. Especially inside abyssea.

Attached: Blue_Mage_FFXI_Ikeda_Icon.png (213x314, 72K)

best designed class in MMO history bar none

Yeah why would people play old games? That's unheard of. Remember that Freedom Unite doesn't exist, only World does.

>this is the equivalent of some dude getting carried through G rank hunts by a team with the best gear and then coming back to say MH is an easy game.
Yeah if I was playing multiplayer, but the old MH games don't even have online lol.

Ah so the fights themselves aren't challenging to complete, it's just leaderboard dickwaving contest.

Wasn't too hard to clear with a static.

Attached: ffxiv_dx11 2019-04-10 00-15-06.png (1920x1080, 1.61M)

>If you want to clear then your actual realistic goal is to do as well as possible
bruh grey parsers can beat e4s now

Remember that raiders on Yea Forums are all grown men cat girls, tranny au ra, and bitch midlanders.

>it's just leaderboard dickwaving contest
Sure, and getting good enough to be able to participate in this dickwaving contest is where the challenge lies. Not sure what you're missing here.

>Yeah if I was playing multiplayer, but the old MH games don't even have online lol.
MH1 and MH2 had online out of the box with no xlink kai shit, fuck you and fuck portable I'm still mad 2G was PSP only. I'm also not sure what constitutes "old" in your book, Tri and 3G both had online, and 4 is 6 years old at this point. Only 1P, 2P/G, and 3P don't have native online.

Sounds like a really shitty challenge if your own performance on that leaderboard is based on gear, party composition, and rng.

Talking about current times. MH online servers shut down everywhere except the MMO, 3DS games, and World. Nobody plays Freedom Unite on adhoc tunnel services.

case and point

Can't wait to have the exact same thread next time.

Hopefully with more raiders (trannies)

So if the damage is high I should be spamming cure 2 Instead?

>if your own performance on that leaderboard is based on gear
Everybody on these leaderboards is using nearly identical gear, so that's essentially a nonfactor in placements that actually matter.
>party composition
Party comp is fairly standardized at the most competitive levels of play, so that's not a huge factor either
>rng
But wait, you just said these fights are easy because they're scripted and you should have them memorized after the first run! Now your performance is dependent on RNG? Make up your mind, lad.

What's a better job to pretend to be a mystic knight with? SAM or GNB?

>crit
>direct hit
>direct crit
>influences of rng that can be affected by having best in slot or not (gear), party composition (party buffs), and rng (% random)

You can still find players for FU, 4U and GU.

Go back to balance discord you raider (tranny)

I'm a raider and I dilate, cope, and seethe when people question my parsing mentality.

>damage meters in monster hunter
this can't be real

I assure you that losing a few crits over the course of the battle will not bring you from 90 to 70.

It's real in World but nobody gives a shit since it's PC only and PC is the minority when it comes to MH compared to PS4, just like how parsing raiders are a minority in FFXIV compared to casual players that don't parse.

It is, like the first mod for mhw

It's a big deal for SAM if you get a direct crit or direct hit midare/senei or not.

back when I played MHFU on psp I had a mod that allowed me to see monster hp. Hell it even showed the hp of shit like boulders.

You fucking scrub

>Watch FFXIV raid optimization video
>Tranny starts speaking youtube.com/watch?v=1Ke9u1WIUJU
everytime

Attached: 214.jpg (256x223, 9K)

Why are there so many trannies in the raiding/speedrunning scene?

It fucked up the entire game for me, because i saw how many damage hammer does.