UNIST Thread

Almost Saturday

Attached: Uniclr-logo.png (2000x964, 1.55M)

Pass is vee

Attached: DGUdnAhUIAIvCgR.jpg orig.jpg (400x400, 24K)

kw: pclobby
"spoon wont get lobby ready but fall asleep afterwards and then say fuck it and just go to bed instead of hitting create lobby" edition is now boys

Attached: 1530041122602.png (593x403, 181K)

Can't wait to see some ice boy gameplay, but it'd be cool if they also show off the other character.

Attached: Elt Hazard.jpg (3800x4600, 3.83M)

Probably want to stop jumping against a Phonon

Apparently the playable builds will have a limited cast of characters. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if builds in other tourneys down the line have more complete versions with more characters to mess around with.
I just have to hope that main character bias means Hyde is ready to go

Attached: SOKOKA.jpg (800x450, 147K)

>Get hitconfirm
>Can't tell because of walds massive frame
Evetually my eyes won't go to shit when I see him. Maybe around the same time I learn to fight him.

I look forward to seeing what obscene changes have been made in UNICLR

Attached: IMG_20190805_192617.jpg (1536x2048, 487K)

Did you drop that combo on purpose to bait the VO Claw or was it not that meta?

am i insane or does carmine get more favoritism than the main character

Where'd you get this pic of me?

Attached: Elt Pose.png (384x532, 68K)

Cursed image, cursed JAV, cursed meme.

How so?

Not even kamone's smiling face will make me think that meme is remotely funny

maybe theyll make the good move of removing chain shift

Attached: Everything-Is-Daijoubu.jpg (1907x1079, 233K)

Man I spent good time practicing wagner bnb in training mode and I keep forgetting mid way and just start mashing.

Attached: file.png (276x191, 75K)

You're already halfway there to becoming a splendid Wagner player!

All part of the process

Attached: 1552369622745.jpg (750x1064, 60K)

It gets better just keep at it

not in terms of balance or anything but just overall liked more through art and funny shit like that april fools thing
i think they know how ridiculous he is as a character and have more shit of him than anyone else
i think im just insane and imagining these things though

>no connection errors
Guess I can get a few PS games in tonight.

Before more characters like Nanase and Phonon showed up to be at the end light jokes, he was designated target.
Might be due to exact fact that he's just easy to mess with and some favoritism since he was one of the first three characters made for the series.
Nothing really substantial in any way I feel though. Any actual narrative favoritism goes to Gord

Doing something mid game and doing it in training mode are different beasts. Delay + nerves do a lot.

>was it not that meta?
I wish. I was probably just blocking after a drop expecting you to press buttons.

i swear this dash b is impossible to hit
any byakuya players know a different route than 2B / j.2C / j.C i could use instead to lead into the rest of the combo

Attached: 1537991658642.jpg (1920x1080, 471K)

Instead if this do this lower dmg route that's dramatically easier

smash buttons 236b 6b d4c add d web 2b dj2c 2c 236a 4a b wja dashb 236a6a6a

How you time the 5B to move Nanase's fireballs upward, or is there a special input or something?

Also, I just put my PS4 into rest mode somehow . Whoops.

I broke the button I was trying to clean so I guess I'll just chill here and shitpost
and maybe hop in on pad

Attached: 75329945_p7.png (1000x974, 374K)

6B IIRC

>Broke the button
What'd you even do to accomplish that?

Also, my typing is becoming worse by the days.

Thanks for that. I always wondered why it wasn't working for me when I tried it.

ggs pc gotta go to bed. one day ill get my tension spring but ill leave the lobby up

Attached: 1528303296553.jpg (222x250, 12K)

Are we just letting them duke it out?

Attached: 1548485303599.jpg (291x339, 21K)

hello anons

hello there

It's MA'AM

I was pressing the flaps the hold it in to get it to come out and the flap snapped off. Couldn't believe how little force it took after the first time I messed around inside it.

I forgot I had laundry so I went to go finish it up

Galaxy brain gameplay right there

Hey yall know you can confirm Gord 623x into 22C for actually combos

That was a fun mirror Sei, hahaha.

It does? I'll have to give it a go. Thanks.

Have to do it early but my local Gord goes into that whenever he hits Grim Reaper with 100 meter

>have to buy the new game again just so I can play with more discord trannies
AFGs were a mistake.

Midscreen, if your Grim Reaper hits an airborne opponent then your 22C can combo into it and out of it since the last knockdown hit of 22C won't land.

at least you have us

>Expect roundstart Gord DP since most of them do it
>Dia never does it

Attached: Chibi Elt.png (128x128, 29K)

That's pretty neat. I wonder how much time you have to link the end of that to continue the combo.

>Magic pixel
The Lord frowns upon me tonight

I much prefer landing a grounded one and comboing off of it with CS anyway

He's probably already got the habit out of his system after playing the character quite abit lately.

Not to mention, you're working with a relatively scaled combo since 623B uses up a wallbounce and the floaty 22C hits has the opponent land too

>want to play with Yea Forums
>live in southamerica

Attached: EEgT87OU0AAj1wd.jpg (1280x722, 105K)

holy

Attached: REALLY not feeling it.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

Seems there's alot of factors to consider when using the 2 moves together.

Well you can always try and see what happens. PS or PC?

made a second pc room

>want to play with Yea Forums
>east coast

?

How is this on pad?
I forgot I bought it when it launched on PC because I heard it was a good starting fighter, then I got overwhelmed with the 20+ input strings for "Beginner" combos

Still easy as long as you're not looking to play Vatista, Yuzuriha, Hilda, and Carmine without changing your button layouts

Oh btw Bird when I do falling j236A after ending with 623C, thats a safejump. If done correctly you're out of a range of all the fast DPs, you recover in time to block long range DPs, it hits meaty on immediate tech, and you're still at advantage on delay tech.

Lobbies are too late for me to join regularly

you can't stay awake after midnight? lol

I'm only in here cause I'm off work myself lol

he must be able to if he's posting here now

not with classes at 8

I have classes at 9

I have classes at 10

I have classes at 11

>they let you spend Vorpal on a Burst

Ah that makes sense. Yeah they're surprisingly fragile. At least buttons are cheap enough.
Yeah I've been doing it lately but I think my timing is slightly off on them. Defensively against it I just went gorilla brain really. What's her best counterpoke besides 2A? 2b/2c?

I have work at 2

Oh right, Atic, what are some corner combos for Orie?

Attached: Think.jpg (200x275, 18K)

I have classes at 12

I got work at 10 (pm)

I don't have classes :^)

For A starters, don't bother with corner combo variants.

DP punish:
5C > 4C > j.214B > 2C > 3C > 2B > 236[B] > 623A > 2A > 5B > 214B > 2C > 4C > 214B

236B meterless bounce:
236B > 2C > 5C > 3C > 623A > 3B/5A > 214A~B > 3B > 214B > 2C > 4C > 214B

214A starter:
214A~B > 5C > 236[B] > 623A > 2A > 5B > 3B > 214B > 2C > 4C > 214B

There's some other stuff of course, but these should be good for now.

why do you guys play at night?

Under NIGHT.

Most people are consistently showing up with current setup.

Because it's called Under Night not Under Day.

Attached: 1500862183633.jpg (500x462, 140K)

Everyone earlier would rather shitpost and jack off instead of play

petition for earlier/ec lobbies pls

Depends on the situation. 2C is really fast for its range, 2B is for when you need something a tad faster, 5A is for challenging very specific strings with a read (like if you KNOW Hyde is gonna do 6B first hit > 5[C] you can 5A in that gap). 623B is good for dunking on people pressing stuff midscreen.

The last time that happened, those people only lasted a week at most and the regulars had a field day because they didn't want the threads getting moved to /vg/.

I have glasses

Make the thread yourself and I'll join
as west coast

adjust your schedule, take a nap in the afternoon, grab some coffee, or just get a setup where you can play without annoying anyone at your house.

We ain't adapting to you, you should adapt to us.

Just make a lobby and a thread then. Again as it was already stated people during the day rather just shit post instead of play anyways.

ggs PC lobby. Starting to get a handle on Gord. j.236X is a blessing in some matchups.

Attached: EEMLZNqUcAA8hL_.jfif.jpg (2150x3035, 456K)

Gotta get my defense under control vs Hyde, I always get hella antsy vs him.

Hold downback and wait for assaults.
I don't really have anything as annoying as your j236x and up-back jC

Darn, didn't expect to knock you high enough to not connect 6[C] there hippie hahaha.

Also, that move I kept getting hit by is blocked high? That was pretty tough for me to react to but maybe I just gotta get used to it.

Got 1 more in me before I head out. Fun times!

I forget what I keep opening you up with.

Fuck sake, I keep pulling out 6B when I'm trying to 236B.

Attached: Aoko 2.png (914x939, 908K)

I'm damn sure there was a Carmine mission where I could link a 66B with a 2C

Man, there's a lot of purples in this lobby

I don't wanna say it's a dash attack but it looks like that kick so maybe 3B?

How's the PSN lobby looking?

oops fuck

Full but I can make a second lobby if you want

Its less your actual mixup and more the chip damage combined with plus frames. I'm working on it but I don't have a clear strategy for getting out vs him aside from GT.

Healthy but you can have my slot in a few minutes.

Just filled up
You should have seen it where it was like 6 purples and 1 green square a week ago
3B definitely doesn't hit high but it is an anti-air. I doubt I opened you up with that since it whiffs a lot against ducking

What? Whats on saturday? Is the demo out this saturday?

CEOtaku is this weekend so the people going get to test it out

Meant for Hmm, didn't look like the usual slashes from his standing attacks though and I'm pretty sure the dash attack has knockback.

Maybe I'm imagining things though but I was pretty sure I was blocking low and getting tagged by a high attack.

Red Bull Tournaments will have UNICLR demos
Chicago and Philly have theirs first before ceotaku a week afterwards
And I'm in the area for the former

Attached: ESPORTS.jpg (713x380, 192K)

Holy fucking shit Im not ready at all. I thought the first demo was gonna be during Arc Revo

I've been defaulting to 2C but get CH a lot so I'll try and redo my brain for 2B more probably. I also noticed I don't push my pressure nearly as far/long as you do, always worried they'll hit me inbetween gaps but I'll chalk that up to more a confidence issue I think.

Taku is on the 27th

Hoppin off early tonight
GGs

Attached: __kotomine_kirei_fate_stay_night_and_etc_drawn_by_fuyuki_neigedhiver__7cea59478f207e201e32f724436b5b (979x1306, 354K)

The casuals hide away at night....

oh rip nvm

but why?

When I had button problems at first it was a huge pain to get them out and I barely pressed on it this time and it snapped like a twig. Fuckin ridiculous.

Oh shit, I thought Arc Revo was sooner than it is. Still got 2 months.

fuck it I can't do it.

Attached: 1559622508423.png (300x310, 104K)

Ah man, I'm not sure why I've got shitty frames now. Already reset twice now.

Attached: Animals.png (1024x862, 1.76M)

GGs PS Lobby m8s. As always, you guys are teaching me new things every time!

Thanks! I'll catch you all next time (unless by some miracle I make it back in time before lobby close)!

Attached: linne58.jpg (1194x1200, 327K)

You guys EC or WC?

Does it make a difference in this game?

I hate that gay little back-assault phonon can do.
That level of disengage is annoying on a character with that much range

Vs me I notice your 2C gets sniped by low crushers like j236x, I'm not the best example myself but sometimes you do just gotta hold it until you get Vorpal for CS/GT.

Connections are rough in general
But if it's in the same country it's passable

Generally EC to WC is pretty bad, if you're closer its usually fine enough to play. I'm in TX so I'm close enough-ish to everyone with an ethernet cable.

I cannot tech so I'm going to restart my router

GGs Sairoux! Your Linne is def coming along

j4B is pretty wild lol

only a god can pale bringer out of gaps on pad

>Get run up thrown
>Opponent does it again and it still works
Goddamn my defense is ass, how do I tech. I eat grabs like no ones business.

Attached: 1525232031757.jpg (640x427, 42K)

Eh, some gaps are easy to see than others.

Also on extending farther yeah its a mix if confidence and experience. I definitely went through a phase of not wanting to keep pushing at all but you gotta take risks sometimes to open up good players. Finding the balance between playing safe enough to make the hesitant while risky enough to still wanna press is hard.

chesto is fucking dumb

Attached: 1543537476687.png (761x688, 642K)

Jesus, it's been a month and I still can't handle fighting Carmine, even though I know I need to shield and shoot those shitty blood spikes.

Attached: Elt Angry.png (190x180, 37K)

Chesto is fucking cool
>t. button mashing gorilla

ggs pclobby and ryburi. My Mika really needs some work.

we have phonons doing that here now? the only time I've really thought it would be strong is in matchups like Wald where I'm down on resources/vorpal and I want to use the knockdown to get full screen and zone

You gonna respect the Chesto

Attached: 1504680889277.jpg (1394x1051, 529K)

You basically can commit to air movement and say nah to anyone trying to chase you down to punish the initial jump.
Basically, jump and do whatever because you're allowed to be obnoxious

Why can Phonon cancel a whiffed j.[C] into a + air fireball.

Why is she + off of a point blank fireball too for that matter.

I've been smashing that shit its fucking godlike

I wonder where melk's been

don't worry only a few more months until the menace is squelched

Its not a cancel, it just recovers mid-air. I can't do anything during the recovery of j[C]. Not downplaying its strength but that distinction is important.

I just want them to nerf her damage.

Can I even reach you with my anti-airs in time. Feels like any time you do whiff you're a mile away

is this mag or bird? curious because I don't get to play in PS lobbies

She needs nerfs and she'll get some, but if you think she's going to get significantly easier to fight you're not ready. Modern French Bread are hella believers in quick to buff slow to nerf balancing.

DoD decided to stop on by
Depends on how close you are but generally, probably not.

Didn't Gord get gutted hard in arcade UNIST

Oh shit, yeah he's really strong. I was gonna say it didn't seem like something a newer player would be focusing on and mag has been gone. I wish every PlayStation I touched didn't explode.

Attached: 1568478487290~2.jpg (588x259, 74K)

Its character dependant as far as raw anti-airing j[C], Yuzu/Hilda/Vat/Elt/etc are hella good at sniping it. Having to wait for it to recover means if I'm in j4B range while falling you can always 5A anti-air it (you have to lab the timing though, only a few very good players are consistent at hitting me with that).

Razzyyyyyyy

They brought everyone down so they could re-approach the balance. Aside from some hitbox/hurtbox Gordeau is pretty much the same and got decent buffs to compensate.

The one time you 214C instead of 623

Attached: 1560103583622.png (180x180, 53K)

Dindu nothin.
Just dropped a few things. And forgot to reload once. And dropped a reload. And fired 22b with less than 5 bullets.

Attached: Ciel.jpg (384x384, 41K)

>They brought everyone down so they could re-approach the balance.
hopefully they do they same for CLR instead of just piling new shit on top of everything they have in ST
ASW loves doing the latter and it gets stale and eventually turns the games into "first to block loses"

GGs Gon. Thank you for the games and for hosting.

Attached: 1567579489456.gif (749x800, 99K)

GGs. I still suck on defense.

Attached: 1552809859336.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

I definitely hope we get more nerfs than buffs but seeing UNIEL to console UNIST and DFC to DFCI I'm not gonna be surprised. Lately I mainly play UNIST for Phonon mostly anyways though so as she's not garbo or there's a new big button waifu I'll be fine.

GGs guys going to hit the sack.

tfw 20l-0w

Attached: kitty dies.jpg (525x618, 48K)

well we'll hopefully have some idea of the direction they're taking after this weekend

Oh, I know that feel too well

Attached: 1550140111847.gif (500x482, 748K)

Ggs it happens. Sometimes I never win in these lobbies as well.

>tfw graduated from that feel

Attached: 1562644658947.jpg (448x529, 32K)

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It's better now, but I'm still holding on to those nights going like 30-40 and 0
Even had well over 100 matches of getting my ass kicked from start till like 8 am before.

Attached: 1538515243783.jpg (880x621, 637K)

MIKA PLAYERS OR HOW I LIKE TO CALL THEM PEDOCOOMERS

GGs yall, I'm gonna go play Daemon X Machina now. Hopefully I can swing by again soon.

Attached: IMG_20190915_230616.jpg (742x1024, 77K)

ggs lain

Attached: Lain.jpg (216x284, 21K)

GGs

>GGs. I still suck on defense.
I know that feel, man. My defense isn't particularly hot itself, but defense is something you'll learn tacitly after a while. Just hang in there and practice it.
Against a hyper-aggressive dumbass like me, sometimes you just need to delay wake-up so that my running buttons would miss you and give you space to punch me in the face for my troubles. Other times it's a matter of down backing, randomly shielding if I start trying to put you in a block string, and then punishing me when I start whiffing buttons. Winning the GRD war will also help since CS will give you an extra second or so to see what I tried to do (or not do) and give you a say in the matter.

Attached: 1559112647418m.jpg (1024x576, 68K)

UNICLR will have IWEXSER
When you have magic pixel health your meter will be able to go up to 300% and if you plink 360D>A>B>C with Vorpal & 300% meter you'll activate IWEXSER which will have a 90 second animation and instantly end the match in your favor.

RAZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Thought I had one bullet left.
I did not.

Attached: Elt (46).jpg (185x169, 9K)

Whose Eltnums weakest match up?

The person playing her.

Attached: Ai yi.png (237x292, 165K)

Another Eltnum

Huh, you really can react to Seth's blink

I expected a jump-out and used the wrong command grab
But yeah

The UNI netcode.

But that's her greatest asset.

Bedtime or fewer active threads to shitpost in.

Seth/Yuzu, and even those aren't that bad compared to what the rest of the cast has to do vs them. Everyone else is even or in her favor.

GGs everyone

Attached: 1552436094144.png (1101x2000, 1.12M)

ggs

Well that is unfortunate, I was hoping it would be someone I could easily pick up. Goddamn do I hate fighting Sion.

Nobody likes fighting sion
She's a fucking cunt

But Yuzu is easy

It's a hard life playing Elt.

Attached: Elt (9).png (500x650, 191K)

Don't worry Razzy, I enjoy bullying your Elt

Why is the teleport a r.DP instead of a normal one?

Because it would be a nightmare to try to dash and slash at the same time otherwise

That's fine, I'll play Elt, but I can also bully you just by playing my baby Orie.

Never thought about that, good point.

I'm just glad more people in these lobbies don't play her.

Too tired to play and my performance has been suffering GGs

Attached: 1416973484407.gif (288x216, 1.19M)

ggs PS lobby

GGs. Thanks for hosting as usual, Hippie.
I wish they did, fuck sake I need another Elt to learn with.

Attached: Elt (53).jpg (600x800, 219K)

Just you wait, one day I'll finally be capable of reacting to thrust and both you and Atic will be sorry
;_;

I'd like another one as well. Need more practice on the matchup that's closer to my level since the local Eltnum absolutely eviscerates me without even trying.

I tried long enough to 100% the trials.

I was going to say the only character we need more of is _______ but then I realized there are no characters that are fun to fight.

Not even your main?

Not him, but I don't find anybody particularly fun to fight either, but that's probably just because I'm bad.

My main is the least fun character to fight.
That's why I chose them. If I can't have fun, I can at least make others have even less fun that me.

Finally you motherfuckers have made a thread. I got convinced to buy this game despite being shit at 2d fighters and I've been floundering for several days. Just how are you supposed to figure out which character to play? Or how to properly use passing link, or how to avoid relying on smart steer all the time?

I thought these were tomorrow.

>keep telling myself I'll learn UNIST and play with the newbie discord and then with Yea Forums
>still haven't started

Attached: 1568322102134.png (400x400, 257K)

Remember guys: NO CROSSPLAY NO BUY.

Attached: v in nutshell.jpg (584x530, 78K)

There's a newbie discord?