Atlus erasing SMT from existence

>Atlus erasing SMT from existence
no...
i don't like this bros...

Attached: fatlus.jpg (412x245, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WUbg_0uIDVI
nintendolife.com/news/2019/09/theres_no_way_future_smash_bros_games_will_have_as_many_fighters_as_ultimate_says_sakurai
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

PERSONACHADS WIN AGAIN
SMTVIRGIN SUCK A DICK HAHAHAHAHA

IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING
IT JUST KEEPS TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN

SMTV is CANCELLED because they're going to release SMTX. It's an SMT game so good it skips over SMTVI-SMTVIII

Attached: 1535512181207.jpg (606x731, 202K)

what about SMTIX

Already happened, bro.

Attached: smtNINE.jpg (206x256, 23K)

what happened

smt songs were removed from catherine and kaneko is being erased by atlus

Attached: mr fiend i don't feel so good.png (500x270, 66K)

SMT AND SMTFAGS SHOULD JUST FUCK OFF

STOP MAKING ATLUS USE RESOURCES TO DEVELOP YOUR TRASH GAMES

WHERE IS MY P6 ATLUS?

SMT BTFO
NO LONGER MAINLINE
NO LONGER MAINLINE
NO LONGER MAINLINE
NO LONGER MAINLINE

Why?

He sold all rights. Do you really think he enjoy drawing shit in such age?

>tfw the only reason I bought a switch was for SMTV and I'll probably never even play it

Attached: majima everywhere.jpg (259x194, 9K)

Beats me what he likes.

Can you explain your reasoning for buying a console for one game alone that wasn't even given a release window?

Because I really really like the series?

Attached: 1562617491944.jpg (250x234, 8K)

Attached: 1566363198352.jpg (468x431, 17K)

>SMTfags vs Personafags
>Meanwhile DeSufags high and dry for nearly a decade

We aren't getting SMT V are we

I'm getting a little worried over here. Would they really cancel it after all this time? Were they ever actually working on it?

SMT is great. I got a friend whose super into SMT. But with a lot of SMT's gameplay conventions bleeding into Persona (Demon collecting, fusing, etc) the only real differences (and they aren't minor!) between the brands are the style of storytelling - SMT has darker more adult oriented story telling and an overarching plot - and the fact in SMT you command a party of demon pokemon while Persona is a more traditional JRPG with fixed part members who just equip Demons as persona's

From a corporate perspective - especially given Persona's greater mainline success thanks to Waifu's and Teen Drama and Anime shit - is there really a purpose to maintaining the two separate series?

According to rumors, they didn't even actually start working on it till 2018, a year after they first announced it

*early 2018, so about 6 months after they announced it, my bad

Meaning they've only been working on it for a little over year if such is true

Considering SMT titles on 3DS sold more than well, especially since the Switch install base is much higher than that? Yes. Yes they should. Why kill your goose laying golden eggs, even if its not as big as the ones your other goose lays?

They're fucking porting TMS again of all things, why wouldn't they continue making SMT?

If they've only spent say a year working on it, they may drop this game like a hot potato. wtf dudes. I'm kinda mad, this is part of the reason I bought a Switch in the first place.

Attached: wtffa.png (355x280, 125K)

>Why kill your goose laying golden eggs, even if its not as big as the ones your other goose lays?
because of how businesses think. Goose 2 is eating feed we could be cramming into goose 1 and getting even more biggerer eggs. If we killed goose 2, all the people buying goose 2's eggs would have to buy Goose 1's eggs, and one goose is easier to maintain than two gooses, resulting in a net increase of goose related profits

>Why kill your goose laying golden eggs, even if its not as big as the ones your other goose lays?
That's how video games development and business work retard

Honesty I'm glad, SMT is a shitty franchise

Ok so they completely burn the bridge with Nintendo then cause they've been lowkey supporting mainline SMT just as Sony has done with Persona. Bye Bye Joker in Smash, and probably the P5S port.

Then again, that does sound like modern day games business suit think if the EGS is anything to go by.

>Kaneko drawing anything since Strange Journey
>He sold the rights because he hates making shit tons of money off royalty checks.
Something doesn't add up, hombre.

and i bought mine for prime 4, same boat

They're building a new engine for the switch so of course it's taking long. I hope they plan to just reuse it a shit ton afterwards for spinoffs and stuff, just look at how much they got out of the EO engine on DS/3DS with what I assume was minimal effort

>EO1-5, U1/2, Nexus
>SJ and the remake
>PQ1 and PQ2

Hey man. At least you didn't buy a 3DS for Megaman Legends 3

Ha ha.... ;__;

>They're building a new engine

They're not. They're using Unreal 4. They ARE making new, stylized HD assets to use for it though so its going to take about the same amount of effort.

Calm the fuck down you autists. SMTV is coming when it's ready, jeez. As if we needed more threads as obnoxious as this.

Attached: 1448830156709.png (264x264, 10K)

>Bye Bye Joker in Smash, and probably the P5S port.
P5 port has already been deconfirmed several times, and the lead producer for Smash has already confirmed future titles won't have as many characters

Attached: 1537844967328.png (800x2053, 613K)

Also, SMT has a gacha phone game now and those print money, soooo

>this thread
Jesus, calm down.

>Catherine
>Odin Sphere
>Radiant Historia
>"Franchises"
those were individual games

I'm talking about Persona 5 Scramble. The weird Warriors spinoff thing. youtube.com/watch?v=WUbg_0uIDVI

Also the Smash thing needs citation, and at this point I'm surprised it wouldn't just include a clause saying "You get royalties, but we can use your character 5ever" at this point.

God, imagine Dokapon for the Switch
That'd be a console seller for me

P4G was the first time Atlus hit it big in like 20 years, just be patient for when they continue other franchies

A Trauma Center on the Switch would be fucking great, imagine opening an insicion with the joycons

nintendolife.com/news/2019/09/theres_no_way_future_smash_bros_games_will_have_as_many_fighters_as_ultimate_says_sakurai

Thank you. Makes sense but I wanted to be sure.

Seriously. I'm glad they're taking their time with it. I'm sure they want it to be a big hit like Persona.

none of you faggots even played a single SMT game.

>soul vs soulless

Retard

this but unironically

Did they officially cancel Prime 4?

impossible

Attached: Shin Megami Tensei-190730-234045.png (1440x1080, 16K)

they announced that it restarted development earlier this year

Get fucking rekt, SMTfags, always imagining you're better than everyone else. I'm dabbing on you right now.

Bet they got sued by the guy who wrote the book SMT is based on. Fucking parasite.

Why would they ever ever waste time making an SMT game again for the shit eating retards who have smack talked persona for years? You can all cry and suck a fat dick, Persona is the new and improved SMT, SMT is now redundant.

Attached: fuuka.jpg (1214x933, 890K)

>The shit thread has now attracted the flies

what the frick.

Aya Nishitani has always been pretty chill with SMT though.

Enjoy not getting any persona either in a few years. Companies that rely on one IP go bankrupt quickly unless they're bankrolled by Nintendo like Gamefreak

seething

>I get 10 millions of dollars from goose 1 and 3 millions from geese 2.
>better have 10 millions instead of 12

The part of this equation he didn't mention is that it costs 1 million to get the goose to start making eggs, no matter what size eggs he makes.

Persona only sells because you can date waifus. That's the only reason people buy it.

I disagree. Persona sells because it's very accessible. Neither the RPG side nor the VN side have any depth at all. It's easy for normies to approach both because it doesn't demand anything of them.

DeSu is still SMT.

and SMT is usually the direct opposite. aside from strange journey redux having an easy mode, the mainline games are usually tough as nails and unforgiving

so when are we getting the next purseowner and not retreading old ground yet again

>effort
They were already doing that ever since the Switch presentation in 2017. Remember the trailer? That was a finished model of Odin being used. Its not like there's a lot of demons in SMT and it isn't like they also add Persona exclusice demons in SMT after they're done with it in Persona.

t. noctrurnebabby

Just let it all end, user. No more cycles. No more suffering.

Attached: 1457057076981.png (512x512, 192K)

They should have put the weeb shit on switch and the darker shit on the PS4

Oh wait that fire emblem crossover happened only on Nintendo.

I want to die

Atlus was GODtier back in the PS2 days

Probably one of the best runs of a publisher ever.

That's not ps1 era square, but you're close.

I didn't make the image but here

Attached: 1565634797167.png (800x2053, 612K)

etrian dying this year was the saddest for me. RIP the 3ds

I miss Growlanser, bros

But I like both smt and persona

Post what exactly did he draw in all those years

Well, P4 and P5 were 8 years apart, so expect about the same, if not longer now that they have more old ground to retread

>new trauma game never
I can't believe those fuckers made such a fun concept and did nothing with it for the past 10 years.

Attached: 1523853269169 2.png (784x512, 286K)

SMTbros...

Supposedly it was because Trauma Team bombed in sales which is a shame because it was great.

Attached: Y-You too.png (256x224, 7K)

It's not and neither are Devil Summoner or Digital Devil Saga.