Why don't you make your own video game?

Why don't you make your own video game?

Attached: 1565362658445.jpg (550x550, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/spellfist_3d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sauce?

If you want the sauce because of the noose, the noose is likely edited in.

Not motivation to do so or really anything for that matter besides play games sometimes

Attached: 9D7AC986-B42E-40C4-B476-96F7F745B804.jpg (505x607, 17K)

I'm trying but I'm lazy and retarded.

I want to but I'm lazy and unmotivated. I also would want to do the art myself but have no talent for it nor the drive to practice consistently everyday.

Attached: 96ab6fcf7b2a6211f8ec6d0e280c7bb8.jpg (800x562, 52K)

I can do the art but I can't even begin to figure out how to go about coding anything.
I'm godawful at anything math related.
Plus, I'd have to >>>network

I am, I don't expect it to ever become popular or anything, but I always wanted to make a Sonic RPG. I have a Chao Garden already and variables set up so every character has a favorite food type, I hope when I finish it at least some people will like it.

Attached: Chaotix.png (544x416, 51K)

do you have ANY idea how hard it is just to get a good third person camera
DO YOU!!!?????

I don't have the knowledge required to do it, nor I can acquirer said knowledge.

Attached: 1564073649325.png (1280x720, 976K)

>2D
Fucking casual.

I've been trying to try, but starting to try is hard and every time I get going something in my brain goes
>this looks complicated
>you should be using a different engine
>this framework will be outdated by the time you do anything with it
>that tutorial isn't good enough, find another
>that tutorial is outdated, find another
>this reference is a pain to sort through
>you can't make the thing you want to make in this
>you can't make a simple thing in that without it being complicated
>what's the point of making something too simple
>this won't be fun
>you can't sell this
>you're not learning anything
>you don't know enough
>you won't be able to learn enough
>you're not smart enough
>you can't make something better than X
>this idea is trash start over
>this idea is good but you can't implement it
so I end up paralyzed, doing nothing, barely able to motivate myself to even consume media and coping with a weird self-generated cycle of almost guilt over not doing something productive or even miming the motions to do something productive

I have a loose idea for "the game I want to make," I have an overdeveloped idea for "the game that takes things I like from the game I want to make but could probably actually manage to make as a solo indie", and I have plenty of ideas for "the game I can actually reasonably make and learn something doing," but they all seem either too insignificant or too tremendous or too tedious or too worthless when I actually start to try and do something other than mull over some dusty spreadsheets and text files

I like video games, I like understanding how they work, and I've messed with everything from simple tweaks or mods or scripting for existing games to trying to make my own, but as soon as it requires some real commitment I just... can't, for some larger self-motivational reason, and every time I see some indie dev with a modicum of success I get this polarizing sensation of aspiration and crippling anxiety over not just working at it

I came here to procrastinate. It's not even an original game, just a mod.

Attached: Untitled-2232.jpg (232x468, 75K)

Nenecchi is perfect

Attached: Nenecchi+kawaii+_11d334618cc7c05a06da6cfe77877681.gif (304x325, 190K)

Terrible at coding and can't learn cuz I'm too ADHD to code effeciently.

>tfw no Nenechi around in your life to make it more fun
That’s why OP

If I had more time and energy left after my shift I probably would. It would be damn good too, but I'd never get funding for it because publishers know it would make all their existing titles look like shit and noone would buy them anymore.

I always wanted to make a beat em up game, but i do not know how to start learning programming, learning animation happened just kinda naturally so i just make little 2d animations an im starting to learn about 3d animation

cuphead is getting a nexflix cartoon so im starting to really feel motivated about actually programming something i just don't know where to start

Attached: c44.png (483x701, 311K)

I have this super kino story but i don't know what to do with it. My vision is to make it a netflix series with around 10 episodes or condense everything into a movie or two, i could also redact it to fit the format of a novel, the problem with that is that i'm too poor to make a movie and i think a book wouldn't make the story justice since it's very graphic and impactful. Looks like my only option is making a "cinematic experience" video "game" or a visual novel, another problem is that the story is just way too taboo and it would offend both liberals and conservatives shit would not fly on any store and i'm not willing to change my vision
What would you guys do? What's the most intelligent thing to do if i want to gain money from it?

I'm a worthless neet with no motivation

I'm into gamedesign only and dont know how to code.
>Inb4 just look for people
I'm also a shizo and cant get over my social issues.

come on user you aren't stop your ironic jokes, sure you are probably not the most optimistic energetic dude but you aren't worthless do something with your life you know you can do it

but I am!!!

try codeacademy that's how I got started

Yes.

Even if you could, no one would take you unless you have an example. There are many ways to make games without code, like Unreal and Unity's blueprints/visual scripting. Hell, make an asset flip if you want to. In your case, the game design is what's important.

No, I can't, I'll try one day and give up the next because I can't handle more frustration, and then I'll return to playing vidya/masturbating all day, like I always do

to all neets making a 3d game, i highly recommened you guys start learning blender 2.8. I went from being absloute garabge at 3d modeling to being a bit better than the average college graduate in about a years time.

I plan to eventually.

Attached: 1565002126779.jpg (720x712, 50K)

how do I put lots of nude lolis in my game legally and without being labeled a nonce?

Nope. Sorry, freeware like blender is not powerful enough for game dev,you need industrial level tools like 3ds max or maya.

Become Japanese.

Because I usually play games out of a completionist drive to consume content, in addition to for enjoyment. Same with tv shows, books etc. It's like, this story exists, and it's liked by people, so I need to absorb it into me. If it was made by me, it would be a paradox/not feel like a "real" game because I wouldn't need to absorb it.

Anyone else know this feel?

Just don't do that.

I have a basic idea for one, I want a classic JRPG like the golden era FFs but set in the touhou universe because you can make fangames with the characters and I like the setting.

I gotta do it

But i do.

Go check it out
twitter.com/spellfist_3d

Attached: ive_fallen_and_i_cant_get_up.webm (1388x806, 2.86M)

why

The only thing i'm even remotely decent at is writing music. I plan on learning game maker eventually so i can make a shitty shmup one day.

Attached: Tanya (3).png (700x900, 282K)

nude lolis are my artistic vision

>neets
>game dev
nice buzzword there buddy

this is a very common issue around here
how about people start posting contact info for once

I have no
>skill
>talent
>motivation
>drive
>originallity
>time
>knowledge

Attached: 2B9E90CA-3C71-4EC5-BBFF-AA50740EDC38.jpg (600x856, 74K)

I love 2.79 and before. I'm fine as is, since my skill is consistent across many 3D editors.
Back to /3/.

because I'm even more cucked than a wagie. I'm a grad student

If anyone wants to work on small games as a passion project add me. I can do game design and story/writing. I would like to work on a few small projects to compile a portfolio, and then bankroll something to get investors on. I have a vision and ambition, add me if you want to just talk about games and ideas: koi#5016

I’m pretty alright at pixel art, I’ve always wanted to make a game but I’m not good at stories and dialogue.

I'm the guy right above you, unironically wanna do some shit?

Are you good at level design like making 2d tilemaps?

Had an idea for a hacking game. Art and design is easy but programming is too hard for me. I'll see what I do with that idea while I work on an easier game.

I’d like to give it a try, I’ve never worked on a game before and I’m only decent at pixel anime girls. I’ve never really done backgrounds so I probably wouldn’t be much help there.
Cant guarantee I’d be able to help, never done those before. Not really much a background and landscape artist

I finished making my VN a few days ago

You should add me! Tbh it's fun to just even talk to other people that want to at least try and create something

I can't make art or music. Thinking about writing a dungeon crawler for shits and giggles because it's one of the only genres I can see working with minimal assets.