Serious: What are signs that a game hasn't aged well? (provide examples)

Serious: What are signs that a game hasn't aged well? (provide examples)

Attached: GoldenEye 007.jpg (800x554, 88K)

if the game was bad since the beginning it will always be bad no matter what
Only thing that can come to mind is a version getting outclassed by later revisions (like SF2WW being obsolete when you can play CE, HF or ST):

Attached: 0546ba3dd54a227aca760fc322cae692c50f984b.png (662x1010, 1.44M)

Morrowind

When indie devs make better games

Attached: 2E260701-0D41-4E85-BA53-AC772FBA95B6.jpg (400x300, 151K)

nothing on the N64 has aged well because the controls for everything are retarded

one thumb controls movement. other thumb controls aiming. triggers and bumpers for aiming/firing.

yes, truly the height of retardation

Attached: goldeneye.jpg (610x298, 149K)

It was retarded then and it is still retarded now.

im gonna ruin this mans whole career

Attached: 1549642630545.png (385x302, 75K)

Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and all fps on consoles was always trash. Consolefags are delusional.

What are some examples of games that still make snoys seethe?

It's almost always juxtaposition. Games today coddle you so much compared to games back then that it's harder for zoomers to appreciate the classics because they've had zero conditioning to tolerate games without some form of QoL. Then you have games that refine the gameplay formula which makes older games look pale in comparison. If you bought Goldeneye 007 back in 97'; UT did not exist, Quake 2/3 did not exist, F.E.A.R. did not exist, CS did not exist, Halo did not exist, etc. You didn't have the extra 22 years of vidya knowledge to compare the game to so you simply did not know better. That's why you have certain games like Killer 7 and Katamari Damacy that are still cherished today because the gameplay formula deviated so far from the norm that no one bothered to copy or refine it so it's the only one of it's kind.

Attached: 1376814591673.jpg (330x405, 54K)

>mobileposter with bad taste
Could have at least posted NES Metroid where you need five romhacks to make the game tolerable.

Reminder that Alien Resurrection on PS1 had the now-standard dual-analog FPS control scheme and everyone hated it at the time.

People forget about it & it's not as acclaimed years later by the same people who played it when it came out. For example see all of the articles about games that didn't age well or are extremely overrated. 95 % of them will have FF7 & GoldenEyee because they aged horribly, whereas games that objectively aged well like OOT & Super Metroid are never on there because people can still play them for the first time and call them their favorites. You cannot say the same about GoldenEye or FF7 which aged so poorly that fans demanded a remake for decades

Super Metroid aged like milk and is objectively trash. Genuinely the worst game I have ever played.

Meanwhile I played the original Castlevania for the NES recently and it’s now one of my favorite games of all time.

Nobody shares your opinion because it's contrarian garbage, which is why you are considered an autistic faggot (AC-Fag). You are in the minority because sometimes you just have shit taste & are unable to accept it. Almost every console game from the 90s that still gets praised today is at least a 7/10. The games that you contrarian faggots praise & never get talked about outside this board always end up being outdated pieces of shit

>one "journalist" = everyone

what is objectively the best 007 game?

Perfect Dark

Everything or Nothing

If it's impossible to get anyone that didn't grow up with it to say that it's good.
If there's a game that's similar, at least 5 years old, and is still much more popular

Best rules I could think of, but there's probably still exceptions to it.

Most people playing games that old are probably using some sort of emulator. So I think that only really applies if there's no way to rebind it into something better.
Like, golden-eye is still very awkward no matter how you rebind it, but most n64 games control well.

How?

i meant playing on the actual console itself
if you can rebind controls in a game then there is no reason to call them outdated

>golden-eye is still very awkward no matter how you rebind it
Goldeneye has a control scheme that plays exactly like a modern FPS.

I don’t even know what an ACfag is but Super Metroid not being a piece of shit is actually the contrarian opinion.

Back in the day everyone was enjoying Donkey Kong Country Trilogy and Super Mario World and All Stars and no one gave two flying fucks about Super Metroid except a small group of waifufag virgins.

These virgins grew up and are still virgins defending the honor of their shit game and their shit waifu online 24/7.

Literally no one plays Metroid, the games have always sold like trash, only a very pathetic sect of hikikomori upvote them online 24/7, but when actual games are relassd, no one buys them, they always sell like trash, Fire Emblem is much bigger than Metroid nowadays, because having an obsessive basement dweller fanbase does not translate into sales.

tl;dr, Metroid has always been considered shit and no one outside an irrelevant niche gives a fuck about it

Goldeneye

Based

When people literally only call it "One of the best games ever" when they solely talk about how influential it was decades ago & always use past tence instead of present tense. You know at this point it aged horribly & is just nostalgia bias
> DOOM changed my life. My gaming life, at least. Having spent my entire existence up to that point playing platformers, side-scrolling action games, etc. on 8- and 16-bit consoles, DOOM's first-person shooting was a jaw-dropping paradigm shift. Everything about DOOM was incredible. Graphics were colorful and convincing. Lightning was spooky. It felt like you were on a Martian moon. Music was memorable. Weapon design was brilliant, and enemy design even more so. From the imps to the Cacodemons to the Cyberdemon, nearly every creature in DOOM was the stuff of nightmares – and in a then-unheard-of gameplay twist, they hated each other as much as they hated you. And then there was DeathMatch. Whether you were connecting two PCs with a serial cable for one-on-one action or throwing a LAN party where four people hauled their PCs to the same place (bulky CRT monitors and all!)
Notice how all of this is based on nostalgic memories? You can instantly tell right away that it aged horribly, and the only people who claim to like it are boomers who grew up playing it.

>I don’t even know what an ACfag is
Okay, ACfag.

Wrong you absolutely autistic piece of shit, Nintendo themselves doesn't even agree with your contrarianism, but sure go ahead and tell the creators of the gaming industry that you know more about game design than they do.

> Nintendo staff choose the best characters ever (2005)
> 1. Link
> 2. Mario
> 3. Solid Snake
> 4. Samus Aran
> 5. Wario

> Nintendo Staff choose the best games ever (1997)
> 1. Super Mario 64
> 2. A Link To The Past
> 3. Tetris
> 4. Mario Kart 64
> 5. Super Mario Bros 3
> 6. Super Metroid
> 7. GoldenEye 007
> 8. Final Fantasy VI
> 9. Final Fantasy IV
> 10. Street Fighter II Turbo
> 11. The Legend of Zelda
> 12. Link's Awakening
> 13. Star Fox 64
> 14. Super Mario Bros
> 15. Wave Race 64

> Nintendo Staff chose the best vidya endings ever (2005)
> 1. Wind Waker
> 2. Metroid
> 3. Chrono Trigger
> 4. Ocarina of Time
> 5. Resident Evil 4

> Nintendo Staff chose the best games ever (2005)
> 1. Ocarina of Time
> 2. Resident Evil 4
> 3. A Link To The Past
> 4. The Wind Waker
> 5. Super Mario 64
> 6. Super Mario Bros 3
> 7. The Legend of Zelda
> 8. Super Mario World
> 9. Super Mario Bros
> 10. Metroid Prime
> 11. Metroid Zero Mission
> 12. Super Metroid
> 13. Super Mario Sunshine
> 14. Final Fantasy VI
> 15. Majora's Mask

> Nintendo Staff chose the best games ever (2011)
> 1. Ocarina of Time
> 2. A Link To the Past
> 3. Super Mario Galaxy
> 4. Final Fantasy VI
> 5. Super Mario World
> 6. Mega Man 2
> 7. Super Mario Bros 3
> 8. Super Metroid
> 9. The Wind Waker
> 10. Resident Evil 4
> 11. Skyward Sword
> 12. The Legend of Zelda
> 13. Elite Beat Agents
> 14. Super Mario 64
> 15. Super Mario Galaxy 2

Timesplitters

>Nintendo staffers rank a bunch of irrelevant Nintendo shit as their favorite games

What is this supposed to prove, exactly?