Rockstar Games Has Released Its Own PC Launcher With a Free Copy of San Andreas

uk.ign.com/articles/2019/09/17/rockstar-games-has-released-its-own-pc-launcher-with-a-free-copy-of-gta-san-andreas

>Digital PC game stores like Steam and Epic Games Store require a cut of the profits from games sold through their stores. Steam requires a 30% take, while Epic Games Store asks for 12%. By selling games directly through a publisher’s launcher, companies like Rockstar and Bethesda can bypass these profit cuts altogether.

>The release of the Rockstar Games Launcher has also restarted speculation over a possible PC version for Red Dead Redemption 2, which Rockstar Games has still yet to formally announce. Or even discuss for that matter. Rumors of a PC version began circulating when a reference to “RDR2_PC” was discovered in Rockstar’s Social Club, but the developers have yet to acknowledge a PC port is even in the works.

>However, if a Red Dead Redemption 2 port for PC were to come out, releasing it on the Rockstar Games Launcher would be a good way for the developers to keep 100% of the profits from the sales.

Ready for round two of even more Steam drone crying?

Attached: rockstar games launch.jpg (1563x714, 239K)

You made this thread earlier and failed to explain how this isn't also bad for Epic.

>He made it again
You need a hobby. You can't let Steam constantly live in your head rent free.

>same gutted copy of san andreas being sold on steam based on the mobile port

fuck off rockstar

Do none of you zoomers remember the social club?

Oh look... Another one

The game will probably be on Epic Store

If not, I would be worried.

Is the version of San Andreas actually fixed or is it the same shitty steam port?

Why would it be any different you stupid nig?

Based

JUST

shut up, steamcel

>Rockstar Games Has Released Its Own PC Launcher
they've had one for 11 fucking years

It broke Linux compatibility....

Attached: 1521372247376.jpg (900x642, 132K)

Interesting.

This leads me to believe that they'll be publishing more games now. How else will they keep this platform current? Makes me think all those leaks for GTAVI is real.

Attached: 1480323171219.jpg (564x460, 27K)

RDR2 PC port imminent. Also I can see 2K making their games exclusive to it because same parent company.

dead on arrival. PC faggots are to dumb these days to handle more than 1 launcher. They will be in a constant state of tranny seething just thinking about how to download a second launcher.

who gives a fuck about linux? lol

Either that or take the Ubisoft route of release everything on EGS and Uplay

Coming soon: Red Dead Horse rally, Gran Theft Turismo, Trevor Hunt and Flappy Trevor.

If you use WineD3D instead of DXVK it will work
Runs like absolute ass though

>How else will they keep this platform current?
by making you use it to play games like they've been doing for the past decade

You shits fail to understand why people are upset with Epic game store launcher. People aren't gonna be pissed at this if its just Rockstar games on it, nor will people get pissed if games are announced for this. I wouldnt be that crossed if the next gta was exclusive to their launcher, but I would be pissed if they removed games from steam and started just gobbling up games for it to be exclusive on that platform without reason.

I actually don't mind epic game store, and on occasion, I play a bit of fortnite and buy v bucks, but I refuse to buy any games on the launcher that are being announced or have been announced on steam but just suddenly decided fuck the fan base and went exclusive on EPS.

>but I would be pissed if they removed games from steam

I'm sure you'll find a way to justify your hate towards Rockstar for not putting their game on Steam

They better release a remaster of GTA IV on it

Nice try chinkshill. I only hate Epic.

>copy of PC SA
>for a LIMITED TIME
good goyim R*

Sounds great. I can't wait for the platform to die and lose access to my games. Sign me up

I thought they had the rockstar social club...?

Attached: b5f.png (376x341, 50K)

why not just go back to game discs....

so then which one is the best version?

It's a bot.

1.0 with mods

>Zoomers
that shit is mandatory for V, of course they know it, but OP is a steamhater, probably a fat 30 year old nerd bitter at the success of a fatter older nerd

>They better release a remaster of GTA IV on it

Rockstar would never

omg a free copy of san andreas!

Attached: file.png (2000x2265, 1.07M)

What's wrong with the port?

Less music and overall worse performance because Rockstar decided it needed to be closer to the mobile version

Fair enough, I'm not sure why a company with the resources to manage their own launcher wouldnt, espescially one with IPs that sell on their own without much help

>Ah yes, at last, to finally play San Andreas

Attached: Old_Grey_Hare_Bugs_Bunny_Elmer_Fudd.jpg (658x370, 48K)

Have sex

will manhunt 2 uncensored edition be there? If not then they can go fuck themselves in the butt with a gigantic black dildo and name it Lenny

Attached: 1568350709437.png (784x645, 53K)

its not like im lacking games to play
if they release red dead 2 on this i just wont buy it
im sure other people will for a while
but its becoming a service problem again
where people stopped pirating because steam was easier to download and keep games updated in one place
and now its a mess of launchers of varying degrees of quality
and its getting back to the point of russian cracks genuinely running better

Notice how this is nothing more than a shill thread, it doesn't add anything of value or wants to provoke any discussion, but rather works as an advertisement. The obvious give away is the answers to other anons, none arguments, and simple ad hominins, are the Jannis beating their dicks to trannies again?

This is getting stupid, the convenience of a single launcher was awesome. At this point we are just downloading web stores onto our desktops for permanent access to them.

Just use GOG Galaxy then. It's the future.

>The Virgin Complainer
>The Chad GOG Galaxy User

or you can just pirate every game and not worry about it

>waaaa why is every company making their own launcher to get around valves Jewish 30% cut for doing 0 work tactics
Valve is just a leech at this point, they don't even make games anymore

>The Brad pirate

lmao I like how shills instantly make this about steam and epic when the social club has existed for fucking years

And yes, I will buy RDR2 on their launcher once it comes out. Epic can go die in a ditch though.

This. I don't even care if it's not on Steam, as long as I can buy it on a launcher that isn't EGS.

the brat pirate*

Attached: 15.jpg (1280x1811, 423K)

>I don't even care if it's not on Steam, as long as I can buy it on a launcher that isn't a buggy piece of shit with no features that enhance the customer experience.
FTFY

>And yes, I will buy RDR2 on their launcher once it comes out.

Attached: 1563895469407.jpg (243x208, 8K)

why would they even think about releasing it on the epic store when they have their own launcher now

Attached: thats-the-joke.jpg (452x339, 20K)

well there's origin and the windows store, and no one wants to touch that shit. i'm sure there's more shitty stores i don't even know about

To be fair, neither the Windows Store nor Origin are anywhere near as big of a buggy featureless mess as EGS.

False

>the convenience of a single launcher was awesome
>the convenience of a launcher is awesome
>the convenience of having to use a 3rd party program to install and play video games is awesome

Attached: 1502493866196.gif (480x287, 1.21M)

So that basically confirms RDR2 on PC.

another launcher blows but if it brings rdr2 then do what you have to do r*

Find the nearest tree and fucking hang yourself from it Yea ForumsACK-kun

why do people want to play rdr2? the first game is trash

Rockstar already sells steam-less copies directly from their website. This is not new.

>free copy of a 15yo game everyone has already played
holy fuck steambros we're finished

At least with the social club shit I could still play it on steam

Guys, what if

Guys

What if they sold games on their website WITHOUT shitty launchers?

but how can we milk the goyim?

How does a launcher even milk anything? Except for having to see ads for their latest game I guess

>free copy of the downgraded SA with half the songs removed
nice Cockstar

>Except for having to see ads for their latest game I guess

You nailed it. Making people part of the ecosystem like Steam drones are

That's all versions of SA from here on out.

maybe they can use some of that GTAO money to actually relicense the music?
until then im playing my Steam and PS2 version

Based

Just pirate ps2 version or old one you dingus.

>maybe they can use some of that GTAO money to actually relicense the music?

Attached: 1390187862932.gif (280x210, 1.48M)

But Rockstar doesn't get paid to put Rockstar ads in their launcher.
I'm sure developers and publishers do pay Steam to have their games on the front page and such though.

>Free Copy of San Andreas
It's the censored version, the best version if still the pirate one.

Attached: 1557399776490.png (976x658, 283K)

>want me to install another useless bloatspyware on my computer
Yep, I'm guessing this is pirate time for every new Rockstar release.

Attached: Dont_finance_cancer.png (680x579, 252K)

So what was the issue with just having an .exe for every game?

Well, originally game launchers were seen as a way to stop piracy by bundling DRM with other services that people want to use like a store front and social feature. However, DRM as a service really only works well when there's only one boss on the block, AKA Steam. Now that the market has more competition, and since modern DRM is cracked usually within a week, these no longer make any sense.

I suppose i can understand developers wanting to offload the server strain onto someone else so a storefront makes sense but im not convinced it was for the overall benefit of the industry.
I remember when steam was fairly new you would buy a physical copy of a pc game and it was just a steam code in a box. That actually turned me off from pc for a while because steam was ass.
I suppose id rather just be able to install everything where i want it and just access the games directly instead of having a third party so it for me. I dont think steams ui is any more friendly than a well organized file explorer.

woah, guys... rockstar takes a 0% cut... wtf why does epic need a 12% cut???

this is fucking stupid. it still launches steam when i wanna play gta5, yet it fails to recognize i have bully and gta 4. why do i need this???

Pirate every game and STILL use GoG galaxy. It lets you look up any game on any console and link an executable. Works great for emulators and pirated games.