Way of the Samurai thread

will we ever get a fifth one one bros...

Attached: 7832357544.jpg (640x360, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8V6qkpBanKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=a2L4BMbVbaw
youtube.com/watch?v=5okSDxB2-Gk
youtube.com/watch?v=UKEhny1UT28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How is 3 compared to 4?

Attached: myrtle.jpg (540x720, 91K)

A much better and more serious game. Don't get me wrong, WOTS3 still has some wacky shit that's funny but WOTS4 went full retard on that end. Also Sengoku era is the best

3 is less silly but both games are really good

3 is better in some areas, worse than others. The gameplay is slightly worse than 4, and the flourish moves amount to having a quick as fuck reaction time, which can get frustrating if you're chasing after trophies. On the other hand, 3 takes itself way more seriously, unlike the 4, which takes the Evil dead approach to sequels.

Way of the Samurai 3 has better characters than 4, and way more different endings. But the real shame is that Way of the Samurai 3 Plus was never released in America, the extended cut version that allows you to marry Itsuse and the Peasant girl, among other things. If I were to rank them as a long time WotS fan it would be:

2 > 3 > 1 > 4, for story and characters
4 > 3 > 2 > 1 for gameplay.

What am I missing about the combat? I really like the general gameplay loop but I just feel the combat boils down to spamming certain moves that are the best per style. Most I've figured out myself is that you can jump cancel some moves to get a little cuhrazy, or am I just trying to find stuff that isn't really there by treating it as DMC etc

This game is still too expensive.

Spin off. Way of the Samurai spin-off Katanakami announced for PS4, Switch, and PC

Attached: Katanakami-Ann_09-14-19_001.jpg (1280x720, 438K)

>treating it as DMC
the combat is more along the lines of the tales series, its not a hack and slash in the style of dmc. also each sword type has its own combos that you unlock over time, its best to do the 100 man battle mission with different swords to unlock moves

youtu.be/8V6qkpBanKQ

Only if you buy the spinoff. If you dont it's dead.

Attached: NX3XDGs.jpg (1280x1920, 165K)

that looks awesome :D
thanks for sharing this had no idea it was a thing
hope it comes to the west

>top down view
Not a chance in hell

Even then I feel Tales has more combo potential, but maybe I gotta play around with it some more. Thanks for tip tho

What was the game that you could protect the English kid and join her at the end if you manage to not screw up things?

Attached: smjesni-pas-u-bazenu-pliva.gif (320x320, 3.61M)

Well, this is the the 'golden route' music in 3 so you decide.
youtube.com/watch?v=a2L4BMbVbaw

I hope

yes but only in way of the samurai 4

yeah in 4 and its a pain in the fucking ass to get that ending.

>t. hothead boiled in the soup

>hothead boiled in the soup
I still have the nightmares :)

Attached: 312780_screenshots_2015-07-26_00005.jpg (1600x904, 230K)

>You will never make babies with Itsuse

Attached: 654227506_preview_similar.jpg (576x324, 103K)

Nope. Instead we are getting a shitty top down spin-off that actually has absolutely nothing to do with any of the Way of the Samurai games.

Why it's called a spin is beyond me since it has nothing to do with any of the games.

I managed to get that ending and it felt pretty satisfying. Might try again
>TFW no Small sister like master to serve and protect IRL

Attached: Cat Sandwich.jpg (996x892, 142K)

Cute

Here's your WOTS5

youtube.com/watch?v=5okSDxB2-Gk

Attached: Ukiyo-Shishi-Roushi-PV-First-Print.jpg (600x338, 53K)

I hope we get anything from Acquire. Their Kenka Bancho games are so fucking good, but I just can’t into nippon word play to play the jp games raw. Shinobido was also great but it was stuck in an unsupported handheld. Akiba’s Trip was too grindy but give me 5 games that allows you to change your walking animations and fighting stances like this game did. They even have a GTO game with a yakuza teacher that lets you beat up students.
I’m surprised they even managed to port this to PC, only for it to get ridiculed by eceleb plebians who can’t understand the quality of Acquire’s games.
>2
Is it yakuzakino? I played the PSP version and half of it was untranslated so I just assumed everyone was a crimelord

Attached: CD817D89-5A64-45AD-8ADD-0B5CC01DB4A7.jpg (750x749, 27K)

>guns
Fucking hell, here we go again. If it has the shitty Russian roulette move then I’m sold

Attached: 009B92D6-05B6-4163-BD15-35E5D8E76EC9.jpg (1638x2048, 416K)

Way of the samurai got shit when it went to PC?

Never liked that theme for the ending
youtube.com/watch?v=UKEhny1UT28

It brought the wrong kind of exposure. Yea Forums would say that ecelebs don’t matter but they really do for small games. People expected DMC when they see these types of games and then they see it’s just some weird Japanese game with lock on combat. Not to mention 4 was the first one to come so people’s expectations for the rest of the series was way off, when in reality the series’ tone varies wildly.
>1 is a kurosawa movie
>haven’t played 2
>3 is sengoku jidai with silly shit like looking for panties
>4 has stuff that comes across as weird or funny like megamelons or the foreigner dialogue throughout the game unless it’s the main plot which is still pretty silly
I’m still glad the PC port came when it did of course, so thanks Ghostlight