Left or right?

Left or right?

Attached: D9EABDAF-6A6F-4600-8C45-3DBADDD647D9.jpg (1024x551, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G6VF6a1tLmM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

right looks fine, if that is what the actual game looks like then they could do much worse.

Both are good for different reasons. They serve the art style of the game they each come from just fine. So my answer is a matter of taste:

I haven't played the original so I have no nostalgic attachment to the left. Right looks better to me. Left looks like a generic grunt from a beat-em-up. Right looks like a big scary motherfucker who's actually really chill and nice.

Right makes him look mixed.

The should make Barret blacker they obviously lightened him for the japanese audience I guarantee Cid won't look any different than his art

I prefer the exadurated anime look, but I do think the more realistic designs of remake are pretty good and trying to pay homage to the original.

As a hardcore played it in 97 fan, right is better

>exadurated
Took me a few runs over that to understand you meant exaggerated.

>exadurated

I only figured it out after the explanation.

He's definitely a lefty

They look the same to me, just different rendering methods used

Why did they put him in a sports bra?

I hope everyone realizes he was never confirmed to be 100% black, just the American translation team was like "easy way to draw in american audience, lets make him funny black man"

He's literally Mr. T

>OH HO HO
>NIGASU MEIKU PIPARU RAFFU

exactly, but he couldve been part asian or something, as to why that came out more in his newer design. The Mr T was everyones first impression

Left: Cartoony, Literally Action Hank from Dexter’s Laboratory
Right: One handsome mothafucka no homo

That's a tanktop

no such thing

neither because he's a NIGGER-WORD

I mean...the right is what you'd do if you wanted to stay close to the original without making it a cartoon caricature. I don't see the issue?

See how good he looks in FF7R, only makes him look like a bad cosplayer in AC

Attached: Ffviiac-barret.jpg (636x360, 43K)

For now.

>Not both simultaneously
You're losing your touch, Yea Forums.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck

Right is hotter

Why the FUCK does it matter?

I like the left more because I never liked that ultra-short-but-there's-still-hair-there look. It also takes more risks with the outfit.

Why doesnt he look like mr t anymore

japs hate blacks and dont usually make them look very authentic

that's why he fucking looks lighter skinned, people complain about this shit, but that's the reason

left is a cool looking cartoon clearly based on mr t

right is just that same generic cgi anime shit smeared on a black guy

left all the way

I can walk and quack like a duck user.

Yeah cause everyones first thought when they saw him for the first time was. "Oh look, a japanese guy."

I'm pretty sure this would've been criticized for White-washing if it had been done by the Western devs.

Its another its OK when Japan does it episode.

read my other replies, don't be a faggot. Nope, everyones first thought was "Oh look, it's Mr T."
but 90% of the dialogue enforced that aswell because it was Americanized. The orginal Japanese dialogue was less snarky and less relatable. Aka: He wasn't Mr T in the Japanese version, he was just a black dude.

And this is the explanation to why he looks less stereotypical now

Have you looked in a mirror lately, user?

Attached: lyla_lay_.jpg (180x348, 26K)

god he looked bad in that
at least this girl was cute

Attached: Yuffie-ffvii-reporter.png (200x481, 63K)

There is no such thing as black. It's African. He doesn't look African, which is good.

wtf i want to fuck user now

Left. He's fully black and recognizably stylized, which is great for fantasy combat RPG.
Right looks generic and almost unrecognizable as an established FF character in that portrait.

I hated that fishnet shirt he was wearing and the cornrows. Quintessential nigger stuff right there

So we agree he was a black guy. Okay.

Right is natural progression in terms of hardware.

pic related

Attached: CaitSith-ffvii-reporter.png (201x201, 17K)

unironically, soul vs soulless

They should have taken a cue from Tekken's character artists for his frayed sleeves. I've said it before that Tekken's character design team might have been better for the task.

Attached: EDruE2zXsAAzTJf.jpg (800x1000, 64K)

So its okay to give Barret and undershirt but not Tifa?

>implying

Attached: AmanoCloud1.jpg (777x1000, 686K)

>character gets a photorealistic revamp in line of hardware upgrade
>it looks like shit
Not even Peace Walker BB looked this ugly, braindead and uncanny valley

Good thing that Barrett survived the photorealism makeover.

Attached: mid era PS2 vs. late era PS3.png (407x225, 213K)

Sometimes I'm glad that they didn't get much of a chance to ruin Red XIII like they ruined the rest of the cast during that movie.
At least they seem to be not fucking up the characters this time around with the remake.

Attached: Red.gif (500x500, 996K)

Your opinions are shit

So, uh...why is he ugly now?

Nigga he’a hot as fuck, would let him fuck me in the butt twice

People like these are who they're making the games for now.

At least nobody will look Claire levels of ugly.

Attached: goblina.jpg (310x313, 60K)

It was good however that AC's voice actors were among the best that could have been chosen with Steve Blum and Beau Billingslea.

Attached: IDidn'tAskForThis2.jpg (774x898, 187K)

Left, right, left, right, left

Attached: NBC-The-A-Team-Keyart.jpg (1920x1080, 1.68M)

Attached: 1496208340254.jpg (640x610, 103K)

second time I'm seeing you post this, explain yourself

Idk why people are saying “he doesn’t look fully-black” as if ANY characters in this game look fully-anything, Cloud has blond white boy hair but has a weird Asian/Caucasian face, Tifa has mostly Asian facial features but has big bug eyes.
Modern Final Fantasy characters are designed with aesthetic in mind, so if they want an Asian character with big eyes, or a black character with smaller lips, then that’s what’s gonna happen.

I like the left but it reminds me of an advance wars game. It wouldn't fit a modern Final Fantasy game unless they were specifically going for a throwback style.

wtf Big Boss actually kept a crazy consistent facial structure across the series, are you high?

Attached: consistency.png (2031x658, 503K)

He's also the best character cause of that

what in the fuck

There are real black dudes who look like the left. Yet, they hedged.

barret is handsome now.

whats the difference except art style

I'd suck the right Barrett's dick.

Ethics

The face is fine but his clothes look too generic. Why does he have fucking belts instead of the steel plate thing

On the whole I despise the more realistic look

nigger vs mutt but handsome

It's literally just low effort bait. No argument is being made, it's just "this is a popular thing and I have a vague negative opinion about it that I am going to be purposefully abrasive about for responses". That's it.

you can romance Barret in the game.

Attached: 273[1].png (319x215, 21K)

Neesagate 2.0

Neither of those characters are Big Bpss despite looking exactly like Big Boss tho

This. I need to get BARRET'd bad.

left has more character in his face and gaze and the vastly superior beard.
right looks really whitewashed, which doesnt matter to me, but it stinks of the desire to play it extra safe and boring.

>Handsome nigger
vs
>Animu nigguh wiff smackin' lips BOI!
that remake Barret could be a fucking IRL magazine model, damn they made him handsome, i'm not even gay, i'm jealous, wish i had those chad genes

Attached: Mawaru-Penguindrum-Heart-Eyes.png (367x306, 187K)

I got only after you explained it.

>nigguh wiff smackin' lips
that's like 80% of niggas.

Barret is my least favourite transition to HD graphics, but his voice actor well makes up for it.

>black shirt
>not just showing glorious oversized pecs under jacket
FERRARIIIIIIIIIII

Attached: DwBXr44X0AY1Xkt.jpg (680x680, 48K)

dumb catposter

>japs hate blacks and dont usually make them look very authentic
Not every country are as obssesed with race as amerifats, your wishful thinking isn't automatically a reality

Attached: ike.jpg (810x608, 94K)

fake pic

>They yellowwash Tifa
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>They whitewash Barret
"Oh yeah it's cool"

He's handsome but he's losing his identity as an iconic video game character. It's not even the skin color, just look at his haircut and beard. Not everyone needs to be a model, that's what made Barret cool, he wasn't your "kewl anime badass"

OBSSESED

Attached: 4142.jpg (1199x902, 241K)

He looks like a cool guy? What show is that?

I don't think it's cool that Barret looks eastern mediterranean now. At least asian looking Tifa has a precedent.

Right. With the glasses on Remake Barret’s outfit reminds me of Blade.

>eastern mediterranean now
Dude, he's just a mixed black. Unless the island I live has moved from the caribbean to europe.
Kudos for not finding him "cool" though, I mean. It's nothing horrendious but I'm surprised so few people talked about that.

Not him but his name is Ike nwala, the show is Oha Suta, meant for children.

Dunno, he looks more turkish/libanese to me than any "black" person I've met, although I don't get to see many "mixed black" people.

Reminder that this guy is so based he happened to watch a clip from some nip comedy show one day and he liked it so much he migrated to Japan so he could be in one himself even though he didn't know the language at first.

Thanks user.

right looks good, but not like the goofy hot-tempered guy that he was in the original.

Attached: SOUL.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

You heard him in action? The voice actor is great.

right is more aesthetic, but left is more in line with how pissed off how Barret is. I have to go with left. Cold Fury > Eye Candy.

Left conveys more of the "fought for years" look that Barret is supposed to have, right makes him look younger than what he is supposed to be

As much as I hate niggers, I don't understand this.
The original character was obviously a nigger, why did they make him a mutt?

> left: 2d niggy
> right: hd niggy
they din du nuffin

*ahem*

Attached: RATSandSTAR.jpg (714x536, 84K)

>japs hate blacks
>Yea Forums always trying to get people to think everyone is as racist as them
>Talk with my friends in japan on an almost daily basis
>When I was living there, I was treated way better than I ever was in NY
I'm literally scheduling a trip to TGS next year with my jap bro for next year.

Attached: 1559271899125.png (250x278, 19K)

Both are my niggas

shut the fuck up onsokumaru

Big Boss in 3 had a round jaw and a straight nose
Big Boss in V had a square jaw and a crooked nose

faggot

Attached: BiBo clean shaven.png (900x1013, 568K)

The old art is kind of bad in retrospect.

New design kind doesn't look 100% black, he looks like a really tanned white guy or some kind of race mix like Dwayne Johnson.

They whitewashed him
shame on SQ

NuBarret look pretty fucking cool.

I kinda agree with this. He's been sort of dolled up in the same way the other characters are. Very plastic. Very smooth. The model looks like it was made by Japanese if hat makes any sense. It looks fine though I guess.

left: fantasy
right: the perspective of the Advent Children audience

Can you shut the fuck up Onsokumaru?

>left
real nigga
>right
pretty boy Denzel

how the fuck are they going to make this work? what the heck is he even going to play like in battle

Attached: CaitSith-FFVIIArt.png (353x417, 161K)

>Barret
Thank you awful 1997 localization. His real name is Bullet

Attached: 1393624103012.jpg (323x359, 15K)

>Tripfag
>As if I didn't already have enough reasons to call you a nigger

why lie faggote

バレット・ウォーレス - Baretto Wōresu

based xv wins again

Attached: irisgladio1.jpg (3840x2130, 1.05M)

yo gabba gabba

Blackface isn't meant to insult black people in japan

Right. Naked chest makes less sense.
Besides that those are identical.

His face now looks like some Pajeet and Ahmed hybrid at certain angles. He would have had to be bulkier to be lugging around that metallic waist wrap and gun arm.

Attached: tumblr_nyx6y92xgs1u496xso1_1280.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

he could be a little darker desu i just hope hes as bro as he was in the original cause he was pretty cool

Because while the west is obsessed with turning everyone African, Japs rather not.

Maybe he was named after the Barrett firearms co.

Attached: logo.png (1684x471, 43K)

Forgot to mention that the 2015 design made him look more stereotypical and menacing compared to the latest design.

Attached: 20190510_161504.jpg (1408x792, 179K)

His name was originally going to be Blow

Attached: early ff7.jpg (2322x4128, 629K)

Shouldn't be to easy to screw up. AC's problem is that it made animalic characters too scruffy.

Attached: c007c4d31be1de2949c7ed5af5ccb691.jpg (897x720, 55K)

that's because they couldn't into fur at the time

They turned him into a huge alpha gigachad with 10/10 genetics and looks instead of the ugly motherfucker he was in the original.

>mutt
He looks like a tanned handsome white dude, look at his nose and chin and collarbone structure,

Niggers have a wider nose and latinos have a rounder lower face. He looks like B.J. Blazkowicz after some tanning sessions.

Whatever the case they should still give him more expressive and defined features in line with his coarse demeanor in the original game.

FF7R is for the Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts fanbase who genuinely think a game can "age poorly"

niggers=bad

So has it been shown if new weapons actually change visually or will Cloud always have the Buster Sword?

sjw game

Attached: Cloud (You).png (595x618, 421K)

gaming is mostly SJW now so you either get on with the times and suck it up or you leave gaming to the trannies

>ff7 isn't dated
unironically the most retarded take of the year

Nah. Can play both, one is just trying to expand on the other game and try different shit from more recent FFs to try and make it good in composition.

Left, since right is soulless.

Barret should be a midnight nigga, not a happa nigga.

Barret in 2020.

Attached: azis-a67a13e3-92d6-40de-85d4-418c7a952e9-resize-750.jpg (750x750, 84K)

Some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill

Attached: ff7r barret.jpg (720x540, 66K)

FF7 is a good of game as it was back then as it is now. You just use the term "oh this game aged!" because you were either too young to play it and are just acting like a poser to fit in. Or you never enjoyed the original and are acting like a poser to fit in. Problems the game had back then have always existed.
Games don't age. They stay the same as they have always been from release

>Games don't age.
I hate retards who think "old games bad" too but this is such a fucking stupid meme.

You trannies will number your own days.

Attached: 849.jpg (1216x937, 292K)

The fucked up tifa horribly.

finally an excuse to post this: youtube.com/watch?v=G6VF6a1tLmM

I prefer the left. Right is okay. Not sure if it's the lighting, but I wish they made the skin darker on the right.

I'm preferring most of the new VAs so far but I'm going to miss Beau Billingslea's Barret and George Newbern's Sephiroth.

black face is not offensive though you retarded sjw. actors should be able to do blackface, white face, asian face and whatever face they want

>saying blackface is racist is SJW now
polcels are too far gone

Japanese feel uncomfortable with people of too dark skin. Please understand

I don't even go to pol. sjws are the ones who don't shut the fuck up about black face.

FF7 can be played fine. it is one of the feel games that can be played and still be good. 7R is being made because the FF brand has been severely damaged by retarded execs

why does he look like a bitch on the right?

>left
>nigger
>right
>black man

Yeah thats why nomura made ff7r play itself too so you can just watch 7r play itself like you watched advent children

Attached: FF7R literally do nothing.webm (960x540, 2.42M)

This. Fuck "aged poorly"fag zoomers. They can't play a game if it's older than 5 years

I'M HERE TO TAKE THE LOOOOOOOOOAD OFF YA SHOULDAHS

A CAN I GET AN AMEN

Attached: 1551232586442.png (235x275, 94K)

he lightskinned as hell

The fixed right

Attached: dark right.jpg (587x373, 105K)

Japs are spooked by black people.

Wait, FFVII AC had a dub?

I dodged a school shooting bullet there by watching the movie as intended.