Why does the new Shantae game look like shit?

Why does the new Shantae game look like shit?

Attached: shantae.png (1047x1000, 1.14M)

They fired Henk Nieborg.

This game looks like it had no budget. Besides the Trigger intro the cutscenes look like a hentai flash game. You can tell a lot more money went into River City Girls.

Its called being lazy after obtaining a dumb virgin fandom who will buy the game regardless of quality just because muh sexy genie.

they all are, the GBC one was never good it was just rare so people think that means you are in some elite club if you pretend to like it

I don't mind the backgrounds being 2D.
It does look pretty cheap in other areas though.

>never played it

Its a clearly rushed out sequel that is being run on corporate greed:
>spend budget on flashy opening and cutscenes
>reuse old assets because it's cheaper
>don't contract the original series composer and instead hire a cheap imitation
>take every money deal you can like Apple launch exclusivity and things like that(watch this somehow end up being epic exclusive last minute too, or get a stadia release)
>pull the oldest trick in the book and add a bunch of cookie cutter girls for easy advertising
Everything about this game is soulless and wayforward clearly doesn't care now that they've finally gotten a taste of success.

Because Wayforward is shit and almost everything decent they have made was in collaboration with another company.

>it was just rare so people think that means you are in some elite club if you pretend to like it
Not really an excuse GBC you could emulate GBC games pretty well in the mid 00s.

Is it confirmed that Jake's not composing? I saw it still listed on his imdb.

forest vs ocean
i mean
lazy b8

I think its more about how the levels aren't 3D anymore.

fuck op, shantae is a qt
specially when thicc

Attached: patreon___shantae_by_grim_kun-d9rgaq1.png (1024x1117, 655K)

This series can't take a bad game if this flops the series is dead

He wouldve said something by now if he was, along with that, it's already been confirmed that somebody that isn't him did the opening music and stuff.

Actually I'm glad they got rid of those fucking ugly 3-d environments.

River City Girls proves they should be sticking with sprites

GBC was easily one of the best looking games on the system. Soundtrack was also pretty amazing.

Half of the games in this series are shit though.

>expecting me to buy the new shantae after Half-assed Hero
lmao no, how can people praise this company?

They put all their money into the Trigger opening and then River City Girls. They've lost their way.

They've been surviving through waifuism and aesthetics alone. This game already looks like shit, so they've either got to pull out some good gameplay (unlikely) or have some advanced waifu shit going on.