What are your favorite moments in the Silent Hill series?

What are your favorite moments in the Silent Hill series?

I've been very gracious with the later games in the series but no matter how I enjoy Shattered Memories there's no beating how detailed the stories and world building were in 1-4

My favorite OG Silent Hill Moment is Angela's cutscenes in SH2, She's a brilliant character and the knife scene epitomizes that. I think a genuinely masterful depiction of abuse victims and suicidal idiation.

PS: Does anyone have that image of the mods/texture packs required to play Silent Hill 2/3 on PC at their best.

Attached: angelaknife2.jpg (1200x720, 476K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/issues/6#issuecomment-402207990
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck you i was going to make a silent hill shitpost just now but i don't want to fill the catalog with silent hill

I'm pretty sure there are better moments in the series, but the one i remember most fondly is the beginning of 3, when you're on a restaurant on the mall, then you go through the bathroom's window and pass that hallway behind the mall during the sunset. It's such a calm and comfy moment, and you know everything is going to be fucked up after it

Attached: HeatherSunset.png (1272x819, 1.31M)

the doge

That's a seriously comfy moment. I was honestly surprised the first time they let that levity presuppose horror.

Lisa's scene in SH1.
You know which one.

>PS: Does anyone have that image of the mods/texture packs required to play Silent Hill 2/3 on PC at their best.
Just a sec...

Attached: Only_way_to_help_Lisa_by_Lissachoa.jpg (468x610, 322K)

SH PC Guide time :

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2 PC fixes site:
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
>SH2:EE install tutorial:
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
>SH2 Audio Replacement:
github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/issues/6#issuecomment-402207990

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
DON'T use W10's own virtual disc app! It will not work.
Don't install under C:\Program Files\ ! This will cause issues.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate using ePSXe or PCSX-R.

Follow the SH2 widescreen fix site's instructions to the teeth, and you should be fine.
For 3 & 4, check the Guide.

>Protips
-Play in the release order.
-Never play below Normal difficulty! Especially in case of #2!
-Replaying them all is recommended; tons of replay value.
-Turn down the ingame Brightness setting, for better gamma & colors!
-Don't try to kill everything that moves, especially outdoors. Leg it, or sneak!
-Turning OFF the flashlight can really help w/ stealth!

Attached: SH PC Guide 1st MAY 2019 v2,3.png (1281x5183, 1.92M)

the game actually starts with hard horror, though. remember on a new game you start at lakeside amusement park and have to contend with lots of enemies and a forced death on the roller coaster if you make it far enough. then you get the waking up in the mall and comfy introductory cutscenes and gameplay.
also my favorite moment in silent hill games is in 3 there's the really big ladder you climb up and see all the women's mouths and plumbing stuff, and valtiel between the two gyrating lower bodies in dresses.

Attached: 1531778496477.png (640x449, 207K)

this scene i really like, and the first time you play the music box in the hotel at the end of 2. that music in that setting has a real nice feel. another great one in sh2 is going into the bowling alley and overhearing eddie and laura talking. the music playing there is really good. then all the interaction with maria in the heaven's night bar.

You're literally my hero, thank you so much

The Love Lost ending of Shattered Memories.

Attached: Shattered Memories_Concept Art.jpg (1475x1280, 347K)

Np bruh.
Spread the SH love!

Attached: sh1 thumb.jpg (480x360, 21K)

Maybe it was because of the reduced mobility of the PSP but I truly enjoyed Shattered Memories' gameplay.
It wasn't revolutionary by any means but it really allowed me to access a (fairly) well written story.

you pretty much will miss all the wagglan and Wiimote gimmicks on the Sony's systems, but overall I did enjoy playing SHSM even on Wii. I guess I got a kink for urban exploration.

Side Note, the development studio for Origins and SM (Climax) are based one city over from where I live, as a teen, I tried to get internships there but no luck. I bet they have some cool concept art though

Where exactly are the SH rights right now?
Are Publisher Rights still with Konami?
Are there any developers who have SH inclusive contracts?

Is this all wishful thinking?

Yeah it was kind of awkward playing through all the obvious Wii remote styled puzzles on PS2, but I still loved the story and general atmosphere.

Attached: 73958645.jpg (1250x862, 407K)

Konami Pachinko Machines.

Attached: HIT THE LEVER.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

Hell, if I were ever to PLAY Pachinko, I'd like it to be on a franchise I like (Most likely the MGS3 one with the FOX engine cutscenes) but if that's all we can get, even with all the terrible western developers chomping at the bit, then that's it.
I'm probably in the minority but even a refined Downpour 2 would satiate me.

That whole opening sequence in SH1. Absolutely beautiful.

Waking up from the crash and chasing silouettes in the mist. Finding that alleyway where everything gets progressively rusted and bloody and finding the corpse strung up in the fence. All lit with a matchlight. And then you get surrounded and killed by monsters. It's fucking terrifying.

>Where exactly are the SH rights right now?
everything's @ Jewnami.
There's no hope left. Let it go.

SH1's use of shadows and darkness, I think, exceed the rest of the series. Obviously it's a case of limitation breeding creativity, but I think SH1's use of Darkness is top notch

That fucking alleyway intro in SH1.

The ending to Silent Hill 3 when memory of the waters starts to play. Couldn't think of a better piece of music that captured the atmosphere and strangeness of the moment. It was my first Silent Hill game and it greatly exceeded my expectations.

Cynthia's death in The Room struck a chord in me that most video games don't. Another great work of art that captured the horror and atmosphere of the previous installment.

Someday, hopefully, i'll get a chance to play the first and second installments.

Attached: 23423432.jpg (720x576, 33K)

>i'll get a chance to play the first and second installments.
Wow wow wow... hold up! You played 3 and 4, without playing the first two, essential and bestest games ??

Fix that flaw of yours, ASAP! Download the games from :

In SH1, this scene. Harry approaches the elevator and asks "What happened in this town? I've a feeling if I take the elevator down I might find out." The way the camera goes right behind Harry and wobbles left to right while he walks forwards.....uuugghhhh ffuuucckkk idk something about it gets me off.

In SH2 the cutscene right before the two Pyramid Heads fight. Denial; realization. Very profound moment for me. and that music...

Attached: elevator.jpg (790x443, 174K)