Should I buy Persona 5? I've never played a Persona game. Should I just wait for Persona 5 Royale...

Should I buy Persona 5? I've never played a Persona game. Should I just wait for Persona 5 Royale? pic related is canadian doolars

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 9.47.55 PM.png (1456x1128, 1.21M)

Start with 3 FES instead

Shit opinion, P5 is the best one to start with

If you're not sure if you want it, just buy that version because worst case you don't like it, you only spent $16. Don't spent $60 on Royale if you have no clue if the game is for you.

Just wait now

You should wait for Royal. If only because they're extremely long games. You might still be playing it by the time they announce its US release date

Are you an enormous weeb who cares more about resemblance to anime than he does about stupid shit like gameplay? Then get it. Otherwise don't, because you'll hate it.

Yes. It’s only 20 bucks.

Shit opinion, P4 is the best one to start with.

You can emulate Persona 5 for free ($0) on rpcs3.

Although if you want to play Royal and are willing to wait to next year then get that.

Certainly. It is a great game, and very rookie-friendly to boot. Don't wait for the Royale.
That price is fucking great for a game that took me 150+ hours to beat.

What is the difference between base and royale? I only played 3 and FES was really worth it, even if the answer wasn't exactly brilliant.

this, rpcs3. if you like it then hooray, you spent nothing and can be sure you'll like royal

It has fun gameplay and fun characters. You should definitely get it. But be warned, it takes like 100 hours to beat.

Attached: DD8E6A8D-CC3B-47C3-999B-7465687DCCB6.jpg (1254x1000, 281K)

>What is the difference between base and royale?
Not all details are in yet, but Royale seems to be the P3 FES / P4 Golden shit, all over again. Adds a new character and scenes at least. No idea how it is balanced or if the story remains cohesive enough.

Royal is a remake of the first one, with areas being bigger and better graphics due to not needing to run on PS3 hardware. They also added more events and re-wrote the story a bit to fix some issues in the first game, like pacing. They also added a new party member and added more scenes with party members that joined late in the game.

>needing to warn people that a game actually lasts reasonable time.
Is this what we have become?

Attached: 1519537331399.gif (420x420, 126K)

It's 11.99 on based ps4 right now
But the answer is no because it's badwell wait no, it's great right now because it's not on switch. But once it goes toz witch it'll be shit

There’s a shit ton of changes. Some that aren’t even listed here.

Attached: 68CBD1D4-9252-4A2B-AF3C-123643A784A9.jpg (727x1759, 473K)

People have lives, we can't just play videogames anymore.

I don't like what I'm seeing for P5R, I'd personally stick with vanilla and that's a great price.

>only interested because it's cheap as fuck
>y-y-you should wait for the 60 dollaredoo version
why is v this fucking stupid, holy shit I don't even know why I made this thread

Some people don’t like long games.

Wait for Royal.

>But once it goes toz witch
What?

Are you one of those people who seriously think hundreds of hours of gameplay constitutes critical acclaim?

Yeah I mean, your point is valid. But I'm a cpa and work 60+ hours a week and don't want to spend my entire free time for the enxt half a year on one game that could be cut to 1/3 the size without shit high school dating gimmicks, when I could just be at bars instead in that time

you’re not OP

>People have lives, we can't just play videogames anymore.
Yes, you can. Stop lying.
If you can waste hours in social media, shitposting on four-chins, or offing some pre-teens in Fortnites, you sure as hell can progress a tiny bit in a lengthy RPG as well.

DONT BE A FUCKING RETARDED IDIOT AND WAIT FOR ROYAL, IT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE A QUESTION. FOR FUCK SAKE.

Half of this just makes me want the original instead

>when I could just be at bars
So you're trading shitty high school dating for shitty IRL dating?

Explain yourself, young man.

Yes? Imagine even writing that post in a non ironic fashion you stupid incel

No.
I am however glad that a fun and engaging game is not over in ~4 hours with zero replay value, as is the case with most modern titles.

>when I could just be at bars instead in that time
Who the fuck goes to bars in 2020 minus 1?
Also see . There's no better way to wind off after shitty work day / week than immersing yourself in some whacky adventures.

Play videogames all day anymore*

>Stop lying.
Stop making assumptions, I only spend an hour and a half at most on Yea Forums a day and I don't play such games.

don't fall for the persona meme if you don't like books or anime. it's a visual novel before a videogame i don't think you could like this game if you don't like the story.

Did you grow up playing arcade games?

>if you don't like books or anime
Imagine being this much of a plebian, whew.

Attached: 133026281432.jpg (494x400, 21K)

>I only spend an hour and a half at most on Yea Forums a day
Sure you do.
And that 1.5h would let you proceed forward in a game quite a bit.
I have no idea why the younger generation is so against games as longer projects.

And then we got this fuck boy...

I'd actually say 4 is the best to start with, 5 is too far from 3 in game play 4 is a good in between that will let you appreciate both after, unlike 5 which will make it hard to approach 3.

My brother hates anime but he likes P5.

Social people who want to make real connections than a pixel based one you use to project about your failed high school and college dating life

Where is a new shin megami tensei? Peeosna would be fine if 1/3 of thr game (30-50 hrs) wasn't marketed at you embarrassments to the human race

honestly for 16 cdn i say get it, and if you like it, get royal for a second play thru when it's a bit cheaper.

After reading that sentence I'm still uncertain as to which opinion you hold.

Attached: 0tsydt6jq8u21.png (1000x808, 404K)

>Did you grow up playing arcade games?
Actually I did, though they were pretty much a summer vacation -only thing, as the only proper arcades were found in amusement parks, bigger camping sites, cruise ships, etc.

I still fail to see your point here... Liking arcade should make me unable to enjoy a lengthy epics?

Start with 5, then play 3 then 4.
You'll find that 3 is the best, 5 is second best and 4 is the worst.

Wait for Royale.

Sorry man, did i make you CRINGE? Was i based? You better start coping after i finish dilating.

Go for it, I had a great time with it. (Althoigh 2 dungeons dragged longer than expected but nothing is perfect)
Finished it bout a week ago

>Social people who want to make real connections
>bars
Sure, if you like to hang around with emotionally unstable, dishonest people from the bottom of the barrel.

>b-but ur failed dating loif!!
My wife says hi, and brags about her 300+ hours she put in each one of the Persona games.
Literally go have secks.

>mfw I'm OP and there's an equal number of people saying to buy it now vs to wait for Royale

Attached: sM77zRs.jpg (709x765, 39K)

>being so butthurt you start bragging about how you're so much better for wasting your time at bars

BUY IT user! U WON’T!

Attached: EB0A2CC5-6F4A-4019-BC91-D61A6B645A57.jpg (1014x794, 79K)

follow your kokoro

To be fair it took me 6 months to beat p5.
I work at ikea and had to juggle school

Because your argument about modern games being short makes no sense when games then were still short. It seems now the precedent is having a massive game with tons of filler whereas then was a short and concise experience.

The game is honestly damn good.
I wasn't a fan of the P4 Golden and its addition of that pointless thot, so I'm super skeptic towards Royale as well.

Can you romance Akechi in Persona 5 Royale with Cheese?

royal is handling the new girl much better than marie

Attached: 4CEEEEBE-333A-4A45-90D2-E41A1445E0B4.gif (248x260, 768K)

Building connections is the only thing that matters. Not virtual ones either. I want a great game, and long games are fjen, but I have no reason to project and create fake dating life's and build the circles I can build in real life in a game. Cut that shit out and allow me to just play trimmed, better, cohesive experience a d make that shit a side game for incels

no but it’s pretty gay

Attached: B6675123-C6CB-48D4-82A1-BF3F3392B83D.jpg (1280x842, 213K)

Think logically. If you buy this and like it you can get Royal later on when it's discounted and you're only set back the 13 bucks you're paying now.
If you wait for it and end up not liking it you blew 60 dollars on a long, long game you won't get to finish.

You can't lose by buying vanilla now.

How do you know ?
From what I've seen, she's exactly yet another shoe-horned "canon pair" for MC-kun, not to mention overlapping with a handful of stock characters from main game.

Your wife sounds disgusting, or a tranny

>WAAH! WHY CANT DEVS MAKE GAMES JUST FOR MEH AND MUH ADHD LOIF?!
t. (You).
I think I understand why you frequent bars now.

But I could also wait until Royal comes down to $16 dollars

Attached: 898.jpg (276x183, 14K)

You could indeed do that for maximum profit, but spending 16 dollars now is but a drop in a bucket long term.

I can confirm that neither is the case here.
She's pretty much a perfect tomboy, with positive feminine traits of knowing how to cook and clean.

There’s nothing showing them shoehorning a romance. If anything they’re making Akechi seem like the canon waifu.

Doubt it since you've never been to one and would rsthe rprojext your failed high school experience into a game

Just get the cheap one user, you're obviously not into Persona enough to pay $60 for the slightly better version 6 months from now anyway.

>never been to one
On the contrary. I have even worked in a handful of them.
Their role and mood has not changed one bit in the last 30 years.

>your failed HS experience
My HS went just fine: got in to a school with reasonably high requirements, met a couple nice guys and gals, got a-OK papers, which led me to a pretty kickass university. From where I met my to-be wife almost immediately.

P5 still is a great game, and the fact that you're putting so much emphasis on "muh dating sims!!" as an argument shows that you indeed know jack shit about the hame.

Wait for Royal. Royal is doing a ton of QoL additions too so even though they're adding content it'll still be about the same length as base P5 which was 80 to 100 hours so Royal should come off as better paced.

What if Royal ruins it

If you're hesitating so much something deep down is telling you not to blow 60 bucks on the game.

>he doen't know about the toz witches

>Should I just wait for Persona 5 Royale?
Yeah

the sale is to trick people into buying it twice

I know I wish I hadn't bought it, they told me it was like TMS but it's not, it's endless text walls and infuriating micromanaging, basically all of the gameplay takes a backseat to about 50-60 hours of "Japanese Student Simulator 2019" with all the exciting elements of it like going to fucking school 6 days a week, loitering around doing nothing for hours and hours and being confined to very small and limited locations where you can't do much other than just let your friends talk your ear off with their mundane, idiotic problems and mommy/daddy issues.

it's cheap because it's obsolete
just wait 1 or 2 years for the full version to go on sale

Attached: EDrH5HPXoAEpigk.jpg (1024x558, 46K)

>it's cheap because it's obsolete
false. It's just an older game, properly priced for once.
I got the OG at launch for roughly 35 bucks, brand new.