Does anyone else here constantly, compulsively freak out about how rapidly time passes...

Does anyone else here constantly, compulsively freak out about how rapidly time passes? Especially when thinking about video games?

I guess I've just been feeling this a lot lately cuz WoW Classic has me thinking about the vanilla days, but I heard someone say earlier that Breath of the Wild released two and a half years ago and had to check that they weren't kidding. It's also somehow been four years since MGSV came out and it feels like just yesterday I was here watching the hype collapse in real time.

How do I slow down time, Yea Forums?

Attached: Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin.jpg (550x366, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/most-college-grads-with-autism-cant-find-jobs-this-group-is-fixing-that-2017-04-10-5881421
youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I feel like with big game releases in the past 2-3 years I remember them happening but nothing beyond that. And then I realized this is true for my entire life

Stop playing video games, pursue something that isn't just mindless instant gratification

I'm 32 and it's a constant weight on my mind. I can't imagine how bad it well get in 10 years.

Find a passion, get more hobbies, interact with people more.

Time passes faster when you get older because it's extremely easy for people to get stuck in an endless rut where their typical day consists of wake-eat-drive-work-drive-eat-sleep. Years will fly by in a blink of an eye if you get lost in that. Find something to do. Strive for something bigger, and the days will last longer.

It's crazy to one day at 28 realize that you have thrown all the time after graduating high school down the drain in dark apartment because you were so afraid of the world and people and so satisfied with being plugged in 24/7 entertainment stream raising welfare.
Tried college and work a few times but never worked out because I was so mentally stunted and at a breaking point from anxiety all the time. There's no coming up from this pit I've found myself in.
God willing, these are my last days and I get the courage to just end it all.

27 here. Trying to cope with the fact that the amount of time between playing Vice City at my friends house in 02 and now is a lot shorter than the time between now and my midlife crisis.

This.... isn't bad advice. I've been at the same job for the last several years now and I'm sure that plays a part.

im 18 and i feel this way

I have a degree, but it doesn't really feel like it's given me any kind of boon. It's 30% the grades you make, but 100% the hands you shake.

Don't do it user. Go look up a community education thing and see if there's a course you wanna take, a skill you think might be neat, something you might want to pick up and do. Trust me. If WingsOfRedemption can find a way to keep going in life, I'm more than certain you can too.

Attached: 1557463108404.png (450x393, 90K)

You're under 30 my dude, you can still make it if you really tried.

it only works if you're NT
>marketwatch.com/story/most-college-grads-with-autism-cant-find-jobs-this-group-is-fixing-that-2017-04-10-5881421

The key mistake you people make is thinking i have any passions or hobbies and thinking i can find any. Not even when i was a kid did i have an aspiration not even something silly.
What 4 year old when asked what they want to be just says nothing? And this person says that reponse for years as they grow up. Never finding a single fucking thing to do on this earth or any people they can relate to.
22 with a degree i hate and unqualified for any job because i hated it too much to absorb my education and only went due to my extreme lack of creativity and npc though patterns

Yeah check out the persona thread. People there are actually denying time and connections are the most valuable things in the world and thin its better to make virtual dating lives and projecting about your failed hogg school experience than make real experiences that will follow you through life and not onto a shelf

>The key mistake you people make is thinking i have any passions or hobbies and thinking i can find any.
Any? At all? You're not looking in the right places.

It's almost 2020.

Attached: 1568676438317.jpg (479x483, 37K)

Boomers know about that it's probably starting to hit the older zoomers now

Like what
>inb4 other generic consumer based hobbies like reading,music,film

I do this everyday. It's already been 3 hours since I woke up, somehow.

I'm just amazed that so many remakes/remasters/classics get positive feedback because the last generation is stuck like the boomers are.

It's an endless cycle of mediocrity like reddit and this board where people enjoy eating, chewing and swallowing the same shit and everything new is either shit or deemed shit.

>22
Shut the fuck up child

You can't. It'll only go faster and faster, until at some point it's so fast that if you lived even a microsecond more, you'd cross over into the next universe, and because this is not allowed, that would be precisely the moment you die.

>Remember a game I used to play on Steam 7-8 years ago
>Good memories of it, used to play it all the time
>Look at the play time
>18 hours

What the fuck, nowadays I play games for 70 hours and they still feel foreign to me.

Stop drinking alcohol and playing massive timesucks like mmos or mobas

I feel like this too. Same age. The last 6 years have been a dark void in my mind. The only relief I want is death. I'm an alien compared to others my age.

How do you cope with seeing your parents get more old and frail

>tfw have no friends and once they die I will be completely alone

By hating their guts since they're to blame for everything wrong in your life

Just make some friends or be more independent

Time to take the anime pill and jump into escapism

I was in that dark pit too. I regret it with every fibre of my being.

The election is gonna fucking suck

>think it's been just a few days since I turned 26
>It was a week ago

>How do I slow down time, Yea Forums?
meditation
when you're addicted to overthinking you dont notice things around you unless it's direct stimulation. (i.e., not noticing a glass cup on your table until you accidentally knock it down and it shatters on the floor)

Attached: 42342.jpg (740x980, 103K)

Felt that way about Spiral Knights on Steam
>Played with my friends after my last year in highschool
>Remember do many dungeons into late hours of the night
>12 hours played

>Rewatch AVGN Zelda Timeline episode
>James mentions Twilight Princess as being brand new

Attached: 1542825028780.jpg (233x198, 7K)

I tried but its too hard

How do you cope with the fact that you wasted your entire youth on video games?

Attached: 400.jpg (469x400, 154K)

Even if you were a normalfag your life would still be shit, don't kid yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk
thread theme

>27
>midlife crisis
How cute

I was feeling like this around that age. 26 now and I have a career doing something I enjoy to do. Stay strong

Early AVGN episodes are the worst for making me feel old
>Indianna Jones episode
>Mentions the 4th movie coming out
>11 years ago

Attached: 7fc0126e93a22d40bbd3908732abef78.jpg (300x300, 18K)

Thanks user.

Attached: 4F4602E4-A5D7-4E00-8078-0DA7A624F6D8.jpg (680x817, 34K)

>How do I slow down time, Yea Forums?
become an indie dev like i did. make a solo release, make 850k in a week, then live like you make 50k a year. i don't plan on working for at least 5 more years. realistically i could do nothing for 10 years if i wanted, and i'd still have enough money to slowly make another game, profit again, and have another heap of cash i don't know what to do with. time goes real slow when i spend most of the time on hobbies, or tanning in the sun. real jobs are a meme designed to turn everyone into a drone with no freedom. glad i never fell for it.

I don't even have time to think about time passing. 25 hit me like a truck. Hair thinning, eyes failing, brain slowing down, haven't been to a doctor in years. My only goal right now is to take better care of myself and be in the best shape of my life by 30. It's a wonder I'm not fat.

The ever increasing length of the development cycle is the thing that gets me the most.
Taking Final Fantasy as an extreme example, when you have a game that somehow makes it up to 14 mainline installments, only for the fifteenth to take an entire decade to be completed. It's a little horrifying to think about the progression that franchises can make when they can take so long to complete (though on the other end of the spectrum there's games with yearly installments that just shit games out, like assassin's creed, fifa, pokemon etc)

Also, sometimes I think about game development on an axis of time. Like, most game series that started off in the NES days ended up the way they are because of their roots in the technology of the time, and because of who created them.
But if the technology hadn't been as advanced, or had been more advanced at the time, how different would the industry have turned out? Other series would have snapped up the genre niches and become iconic instead, or these genres simply wouldn't have existed to begin with. Things we take for granted today might have never worked out if they hadn't been working with the limitations of the time, even given the same ideas.
That time has passed now, it's impossible to create a new video game in the context of the 80s, 90s, or any other time from the present. There can always be more new games, but there can only ever be a finite amount from a specific era. Even if you try to recreate that feeling, it's still tainted by the context from the future.

Thinking about time just fucks me up a lot.

I spend all day doing nothing but time still goes fast. It can't be helped

The reason why time seems to pass faster as you get older is because as you age you gradually experience fewer and fewer things for the first time. First experiences imprint themselves on your memory and make that time feel more solid and memorable. When you are a kid, you are constantly doing and seeing new things for the first time, and it seems like a year lasts forever. If you feel like time is just passing you by, it means you have probably fallen into a pattern of doing the same things and are not challenging yourself or seeking out new experiences.

V I D E O G A M E S.

Thinking about anything fucks you up, that's the nature of thinking.

He just said he spent most of his time on hobbies.

30 years old here and in pretty decent shape. Took up skateboarding (something I tried to get into when I was younger but my pudgy fatboy self couldn't handle). Despite the fact that I fucked up by being overconfident (slow and insidious killer amirite?) and opened up my scalp last month, I'm still skating. Why? because it's fun. It gives me something to do that is good for my health (as long as I don't get hurt kek) and entertains me.

You won't be as worried about the passage of time if you fill up said time with rich and varied memories. You only really start to worry about it if you're doing the same boring shit with no real fulfillment.

Well sure, me too, but my hobbies are hanging on the internet and playing video games

What a load of bullshit. The whole time flies faster as you get older is inevitable. Welcome to the future grandpa.