Will I get banned on steam for using a VPN to buy games not available in my region?

Attached: Capture.png (1475x586, 639K)

Technically speaking no, they allow you to change the region you reside in but restrict your purchases over a period of time, I think at least a week after the last one.

it's against the ToS, but i doubt they'll be checking that

nobody cares if it gets them money and nobody filed a complain (which there is no one to do so unless you're screaming that you're doing it on the rooftops, at which point they may need to take a stance to show they're doing their work)

No but I'm not sure you can play game with American IP if you bought it as Russian.

at this point just pirate them you dumb nigger

wait super robot wars is coming to pc?

Technically it is bannable but I have never heard of a single person being banned for it. People do the same thing on consoles with region locked games and nothing ever happens to them either.

Yes.

Just fucking pirate retard

I have accidentally bought games before on Steam with my VPN still on. Still not banned.

Kept doing it back when censor laws in my country were through the roof.

It's not bannable.

I don't think I've ever heard of a single steam account being banned.
That said,
Pay attention to this.

You could wait a couple of months and buy it from key resellers. Lost Planet 2 isn't available in my region but I supposedly can claim the key just fine if I buy it from G2A.

Attached: 1565405688415.jpg (1920x1080, 1.37M)

You won't get banned, but depending if the game has regional versions (not prices) you couldn't play it while being in another country. For example, Borderlands 2 has global and RU/CIS version which is cheaper, but you can't play it anywhere out of CIS.

Just take a look of what happened to hotline miami 2, Is banned in australia yet the developer told everyone in aussieland to just pirate it, based af

Nobody has ever been banned for this, i have plenty of region locked games. The only games you can't play without VPN are russian game keys.

The only ways you get permabanned on Steam is if you do a credit chargeback or threaten Gabe which some retard indie dev has done.

You moron. Attempting to bypass tax laws is 100% bannable. With how bad Steam has been the last few years I bet they would even toss you under the bus for tax evasion.

this has never happened ever since the existence of digital stores or keysellers, just shut up retard

Would I be justified in pirating it?

you are always justified in pirating

>Will Steam ban me for jumping through hoops to give them money
I feel like they're not gonna be keen to crack down on that sort of thing, for some reason.

But wouldn't I be breaking some sort of law or their policies by doing so?

Yes. TOS fucks you up the ass.