Is this worth the purchase?

Is this worth the purchase?

Attached: 220px-MGL_cover_art.jpg (220x254, 23K)

yes

No

it's on psnow just try the free week trial and decide for yourself

isnt that laggy as fuck?

For this alone it's worth getting a PS3, also Shadow of the Colossus and Ico HD.

Yes. Every game in the collection (maybe with the exception of the NES shits) is incredible.

no

Sure, just dont buy it used cuz someone'll have used the download code for mgs1

>it's worth getting a PS3
they don't sell those anymore

Sure, if they put it on the Nintendo Switch

They're like 20-30 bucks

Fuck yes

Got a super slim at Gamestop not too long ago. A bit overpriced, and there was dried cum on the controller that came with it, but they helped me switch that out for free. Got MGS Legacy with it too, coincidentally.

Op here, i have a ps3 and MGS1 already, ive just never played it or the sequels. i think im gonna buy this and beat them. How long is each of them?

Just emulate/pirate. I mean it's 2019, you do have a decent PC, and your PS3 is hacked, right?
Lag isn't terrible if you're close to one of their data centers, but the video quality is highly compressed 720p on PC, which looks like shit.

bro just emulate

If you're just playing it to beat them, they're generally not too long. 4 will feel long because the second half of the game is basically just cutscene after cutscene, but it's still a good capstone to the series. There's secrets and rankings, and the Legacy collection comes with MGS2: Substance, which has VR missions and even a skating mode, so there's lots of other stuff to do as well if that's what you're into. It's a great value, honestly.

MGS 1-4 is like 10 give or take a couple of hours though 2 and especially 3 are very replayable. Peace walker takes a bit longer depending on how much content you do. V is like 40 hours.

>includes pretty much the entire series
>is like 30 bucks tops
Gee, I wonder?

i actually wanna enjoy the stories. so i wont be rushing them

>i think im gonna buy this and beat them. How long is each of them?
Pretty much as long as MGS1.
PW can take you several dozens of hours though.
And like said, replay value in them all is off the roof.

Name a more soulful collection

>Just emulate

Attached: 1567533564731.png (199x254, 5K)

emulation is very reddit

yes, best versions of their respective games outside of emulating, 1080p, 60 fps, touched up textures

Then I can't imagine a better bang for your buck. It's a really great series, and despite a story that gets somewhat silly toward the end, I was still invested in all the characters and enjoyed the twists and turns.

don't be such a pussy user, it's basically free games with no drawbacks

thanks. im excited to jump into this series now

No it's fine, I played it recently and had no problems.

Piracy is free games. Emulation =/= piracy

This. It gives a lot of bang for your buck and you seem to be interested in Metal Gear since you're asking

It's not only worth buying, it's worth buying a PS3 for on its own.

but when i emulate i get games i didn't buy so it is free

Honestly great value for money all things considered. Hadn't played MGS before so it was a nice way to get into the series. It just sucked when I finished the collection, went to play MGS 5 and realised MGS 5 sucks ass.

why the fuck didnt they upgrade the resolution of MGS1 for this shit? not only do you need to download it seperately but it looks like fucking dogshit,

Yes, it inherently has lag because it's a streaming service

Would've been nice of them to add in stick control as well instead of having to use the d-pad.

>you do have a decent PC, and your PS3 is hacked, right
I have neither of those things nor do i desire one.

Attached: 364.jpg (371x353, 13K)

Does the HD version actually not have analog control? I played MGS1 on the PS2 with a Dualshock 2 and it had analog support.

there is no HD version, the game gives you a code to download the liter playstation 1 version of MGS1

At best there's emulating TTS in HD but you should at least watch a movie cut of MGS1 before doing that.

Wow that sucks

they shouldve remade it in HD

Nope no analogue support, which honestly makes it less fun to play. Shame since the rest of the collection is great.

that's kind of a bummer, fuck

Do you have a backwards compatible PS3? If so just play the original.

Not very long.

The Legacy Collection has the MSX2 versions, not the NES ones.

nah my backwards compatible one shit the bed a long time back. I have a regular ass fat ps3.

thank god. fuck the nes ones

yes its incredible. I played it 2 years ago had a great time

You probably never even played them though.

I have, retard. The first one is bad and the 2nd one is even worse

Sure thing, you poser.

he's right you know.
t. 31yo boomer.

The guy didn't even know which version of the games is included in the Legacy Collection, so he obviously never played them.

Attached: SH Collection.jpg (700x392, 48K)

This doesn't exist. Literally too kino for this gay earth, this can't exist.

I tried to play MG1 in the collection, tried really hard to like it and just couldn't. It just sucks ass. Didn't bother with MG2 after that and just skipped to MGS1.

>skipping MG2
your loss.

Is it any better than MG1? Because MG1 was garbage

MG2:SS is literally proto-MGS1.
Or rather, MGS1 recycles a lot of MG2's content.

I only got to play it around 2005 via the MGS3:S' bonus disc, and was blown away by it.

I'll give MG2 a go then sometime, considering I've totally given up on playing MGS 5: The Phantom Plot

I don't get why most people don't like Metal Gear 1. It's way easier than Zelda 1.

There just isn't much depth to it, it's just kind of a generic shooter with minor stealth elements going around some very boring looking maps.

shadow of the colossus sucks colossal balls

That's very wrong.
If anything, it's a top-down Metroidvania of sorts.

In other words, it's like Zelda 1.

They aren't 1080p.

considering there's only one good game in the collection, no

Well this is quite the conundrum

depends how invested you are. i bought my copy on amazon for about 20 bucks and put over 200 hours in trying to master the stealth. but if you plan to pump n' dump it, then yes. hope you have popcorn for 4

This is bad advice. I put down my controller several times and missed those memory recall qte's

I got it for $20 and only beat MGS1, so probably not in my case.

assuming anons gonna marathon the series, the stupid button prompts add nothing other to make it blatantly obvious that 4 has no substance whatsoever and relies 100% on callbacks and references.

>why does the finale in a long running series reference previous games

Import a jp one? I doubt it's sold out in japan as well.

4 adds nothing to the table. all the bosses are shitty combinations of earlier bosses with no personality. every game up to 4 added something new. 4 added nothing interesting. there were zero new important characters. drebin didnt do shit. it just continued the story and added pointless confusing and contradicting plot points lead by a man who cant go 4 seconds without coughing his longs up or complaining about his age

>Complaining about his age
You know what ? when you will be in your 60s we are going to drag you to a warzone and see how you fare.

Attached: 1fad461530b427c4a7f45c7e8634664f.jpg (1095x795, 69K)

I liked the ending

They stopped making Japanese PS3 for a few years now.