Nostalgia or Masterpiece?

Nostalgia or Masterpiece?

Attached: the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time.jpg (700x394, 69K)

yes.

no

maybe

i don't know

Both

I'll have to think about it

better than majoras mask

Both

Can you repeat the question?

can you repeat the question?

Can you repeat the question?

Masterpiece

Remake for 3ds was better, fight me.

I'll have to Link about it

Masterpiece. The cinematography for cutscenes is unironic kino

both. I'm a 30+ boomer and i love oot but i think botw is better and more fun.

It's a good game but nostalgia makes it a master piece.

this is true. mm is good too it has a cool vibe and the focus on side quests is neat. the gameplay and dungeon design simply isn't to the same level as oot.

Just wait 20 more years for the generation after Z to grow up and we can hear a truly unbiased opinion.

Spoiler: they're all going to say it's shit

Attached: 1567409105899.jpg (750x741, 507K)

Masterpiece. Anyone who says otherwise has nothing left to live for so they spend all their time on Yea Forums being contrarian

I have to say materpiece. And I generally don't care for Nintendo games, most being kiddie bullshit. But that game is just so well made and has so much content packed in without just being a bunch of collectibles or meaningless tasks. I tried playing other Zelda games and they didn't appeal to me, never owned a Nintendo system since N64. That one is just incredibly well made. Credit where it's due

I only played it for the first time a couple of years ago. It was fantastic. Some spots and areas but its still excellent despite its flaws.

Both

Masterpiece at the time, maybe

Masterpiece. Can't be nostalgia if you didn't grow up with it.

It wasn't even my first 3D Zelda, that was Twilight Princess.

/thread

the most overrated game of all time

i played it on a emulator and not at the time it got released so, i would say both, because the nostalgia makes it a masterpiece now, and back then it was a masterpiece for its own time, i personally enjoy more majoras due to the mask system and the fact that the field isn't an empty field but full of shit to do and go

The reason this game will always be number 1 on so many lists is so simple and idk why people don't understand it. It's THE poster child for rated E games, in that literally anyone and everyone can pick this game up and beat it. There is a certain amount of challenge that it gives to where its not complete baby tier either.

It's also a 3D game. This is a huge key factor as to why it is "better" than ALttP. I was born in the 90's and I'm gonna be honest, it's hard for me and so many others around my age and younger to go back to old 2D games. I can still do it, but I grew up on 3D. There's something weird about 3D though to where kids today can still go back to those early 3D games and still enjoy them.

Last point is it's story. Yes, it's very simple, but that works wonders. Everyone can relate to it and enjoy it. It is THE typical Hero's tale and it makes it work perfectly. The characters, the music, the environments all help tell this story and it's something that a lot of games still don't get right to this day.

You're favorite game might be harder than OoT, or might have a better story than OoT, or graphics, or better combat, or whatever it is. The thing about OoT is that it nails all of that in such a simplistic form that again everyone can pick it up and enjoy it. That is the sole reason it will probably be THE best game ever.

No one fucking cares though so keep fighting over it

Forgot some notes

-everyone can pick this game up and beat it besides a certain highschool crybaby dropout
-I understand what makes OoT great, but it's still not my favorite game of all time so don't assume that i have some hard on for the game and don't understand any of its flaws

> it's hard for me and so many others around my age and younger to go back to old 2D games. I can still do it, but I grew up on 3D. There's something weird about 3D though to where kids today can still go back to those early 3D games and still enjoy them.
I don't get this, OoT was my first game and I have no trouble going back to 2D whatsoever.