Why did microsoft become public enemy number 1 out of nowhere

Why did microsoft become public enemy number 1 out of nowhere

Attached: NC-Composite-XBox.jpg (750x500, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hJBlWYqVQbQ&t
youtube.com/watch?v=ETXQUkp-VOg
screenrant.com/gears-5-launch-biggest-xbox-game-studios-current-gen/
engadget.com/2011/09/29/gears-of-war-3-sold-over-3-million-units-in-first-week/
windowscentral.com/gears-5-reaches-3-million-players-launch-mostly-because-xbox-game-pass
youtube.com/watch?v=EPfsr8BBdA8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

At that time nobody wanted a console who can watch you masturbate.

they literally and unironically have no games.

i hated nintendo because their games looked kiddy to me and wanted a new console for my room since my bro uses my ps4 so i looked into xbox and their game selection was so trash i bought a switch instead

They didn't. It was a slow burn from 2009 onwards until 2013 when they went balls deep cancerous.

Threadly reminder Xboners gave us DMC5's trailer

when based Sterling exposed them

youtube.com/watch?v=hJBlWYqVQbQ&t

they are only good for giving their games to switch

Jesus, you people forget quick.

>deep cancerous
Exactly the same path Sony is going right now with the censoring and homo pandering.

All your cancer is your own.

Attached: oh god yes thank you phil I am euphoric.jpg (750x737, 178K)

>Jim and Dunkey suddenly turning on Xboners
Gamers are dead?

They were cancer from the start with gaming. Bought Bungie and made them drop everything that wasn't Halo, and chained them to the Xbox despite all the downgrades that forced.
Then they bribed Epic to drop GNU/Linux support for UT3 and started their downfall as well.

>out of nowhere

Started paid online which consoles will NEVER recover from, no good games, kinect, ads on system UI, oh and will absolutely fuck everyone over again and stop pretending to care about consumers as soon as they rise to the top again. Even if Sony gets arrogant next gen I can't see myself siding with Microsoft over them. At least Sony has always had good exclusives.

Sony shilling. They know Xbox isn’t going to fuck up on its own so they are going to bring up the past to fuck the future just like how the Dreamcast carried the sins of the Saturn and 32x

>bring up the past

More like the present, xcuck.

Microsoft went full retard in regards to console DRM before launch and anti backwards compatibility.
Ironically
Backwards compatibility is (arguably) best on the xbone out of current gen systems excluding homebrew.

Cause it's pathetic. Just quit if you're not really going to try

The Edward Snowden NSA thing was fresh on peoples minds and the whole 'Always Online" thing plus Kinect was a big no no. Plus Sony took advantage and went full smear campaign with their marketing.

Just because your cucked e-celeb is shitting on skeleton box it doesn't means it's hated by everyone you stupid zoomer.

Are you OP?

they gave their only two good exclusives to PC and Switch

>public enemy number 1
receipts?

Microsoft is pretty cool
tons of PC releases

>out of nowhere
Imagine being a zoomer

Probably because the Scarlett is a potential threat to Sony's domination of the console market because MS learned their lesson this generation and won't be fucking around this time. Essentially, Sony stans are insecure little faggots.
t. someone who will never buy an Xbox

>out of nowhere
are we just forgetting E3 2013 where they tried to sell an always-online-DRMbox with mandatory kinect functionality watching you pee and sending your data to the NSA PRISM program and hard locking the system if you try disabling kinect, where you can't even play used games, and where you're literally told to fuck off and stick with xbox 360 if you don't like any of this?

Attached: xbox one worry.gif (460x639, 2.12M)

>Jim Sterling makes a video talking shit about MS
>Dunkey makes a video talking shit about MS
>People keep reminding everyone that Microsoft was the one who started online subscriptions and the whole exclusives craze

Never forget GFWL

say what you will about how awful GFWL was, I actually enjoyed having it for the original version of Dark Souls PC since it allowed for easy messaging/taunting/trolling/hatemail from people you invaded. Steam just isn't the same with its inability to easily communicate on the fly with recent players without first adding them as friends or whatever the fuck.

You weren't alive during 2013, I see. The real question is "How did Spencer step up so hard that he managed to make people forget that Mattrick's snafu happened this soon?"

And yet everyone is going to be playing classic Halo on PC when their favorite entry drops and infinite is going to sell 10m easily

Xboners are cucks. If not for Sonychads and Nintendochads the retarded xboners would have bought the NSAbox. They owe us big time.

It's a miracle Microsoft got a foothold in the console space at all. Essentially no one had a positive impression of the company, the only thing anyone in the consumer space knew them for was Windows, and mostly Windows 95/98 at the time of the first Xbox's release.

They've never really formulated an identity for the Xbox platform. It's the Halo box that also gets all the same multiplats the other guys do. Of course, Sony is going the other way, moving away from being the home of quirky Japanese games to compete toe to toe with Microsoft in mediocrity. I wish Sega would come back as a hardware platform.

>It'll be good next time!!!

Back to your hole, Xcuck.

Do you get some sort of gratification hanging out in anti Xbox threads? Are you the one making them?

>ms gave us a computer os capable of running millions of games over a 25 year+ lifespan
>ms was there to pick up when sega died

itt retards

Can someone please explain to me why you can't update basic information through the console itself. Just when I was thinking I wanted to give the Xboner another chance.

gears 5
fuck microsoft
fuck shills

keep saying it

>out of nowhere

Microsoft would've been in a much better spot in the console industry if they somehow managed to acquire Sega if the OG Xbox games were anything to go by.

>raw power
>with no games
Right.

The only good Xbox was the original and only because it had a lot of Sega overflow making it essentially a Dreamcast 1.5

this
OG XBOX=SOUL
XBOX360=CRINGE,SOULLESS,KINECT LMAO
XBOX ONE=PRIDE FLAGS AND NO GAMES ONLY TRANNIES LIKE IT

same can be said for PlayStation consoles, just tack on the PS1 into the same category as the PS2. both consoles are bad, Nintendo's for kids, and PC is for everyone. even the faggots of the world.

do xbox fans even exist? I can understand people liking nintendo consoles be cause ">muh mario, muh zelda". I can understand people liking PS4 for the couple games not available on PC, or just not wanting to deal with PC. I can even understand how many people went with 360 over PS3 back in the day, purely because of network effects and wanting to be on the more popular console, despite worse library, just because it's where their friends were for online multiplayer.

But I will never ever understand someone wanting a xbox one.

Lots of Zoomers ITT.

They were wearing diapers back in 2007, at the height of Xbox DOMINATION.

We will return to that DOMINATION and shit on sony just like we did from 2005-2013.

It will play the best version of FIFA and latest AAA sludge, and for normies that's all they need to hear.

Its crazy to think that the average Yea Forums poster in 2019 was probably like 12 years old when they revealed the bone

Attached: 1361876677624.gif (344x221, 52K)

>It's a miracle Microsoft got a foothold in the console space at all.
Unironically because it just works. It plays all the big new releases and trendy indie games the way people expect them to.

>out of nowhere
I...did you miss the entirety of the early 2010s or something?
Between Kinect, the Xbone E3, W10 being a fucking dumpster fire (I still get crashes in certain games thanks to the fucking awful forced borderless fullscreen shit in LTSC), and traditional Xbox brands and series just generally kind of being on the downturn, it's no surprise that people shit on Microsoft.

For that sort of AAA sludge, all that matters is online multiplayer and what platforms their friends are on. And if one console is far more popular than the other, they'll probably pick that one because otherwise they'll be the odd man out who can't join their friends on the PS4 versions they all play.

Saw this play out all the time last gen. I knew tons of people who constantly had RRoDing 360s who would continue buying new ones over and over again, despite all the shit (not to mention being the only platform at the time with paid online), merely because of this effect.

A lot of guys I know got the Xbone after it started getting backwards compatibility and they could finally ditch their crusty old 360s.

you seething tranny

15 actually but whatever

the switch is about to outsell the one right?

MS doesn't show numbers anymore so I don't know

That doesn't make any sense to me. Backwards compatibility is only really a selling point if it's there immediately out of the gate. But if it's implemented years later after the generation is in full-swing, it hardly matters. If you want to play your 360 games just get a dirt cheap used 360. I can't imagine buying a xbone just for that. I mean, it's good that they have the functionality compared to Sony's jewing with the PS4, but it's too little too late

despite all if Phil's pr moves, he has had zero success in turning xbox around
name one thing phil has done for xbox
sales are still garbage, and xbone still has zero games, and the few "exclusives" it had were started before his time, crackdown/sea of thieves, or established series that will go on no matter who's in charge, halo/forza/gears
microsoft remains focused on multiplayer and games-as-a-service microtransaction bullshit
what has spencer done?

Attached: GaaS.png (1080x950, 219K)

>Out of nowhere
They've been disliked for over 15 years. The Xbox One is just the icing on the cake
>Terribly ambiguous DRM policies (Kinect needs to be plugged in at all times, console must phone home once every 24 hours)
>Closed internal studios in favor of timed exclusivity for games like Dead Rising 3 and Tomb Raider
>Under-powered expensive hardware
>Indie titles were initially required to launch on Xbone the same day it hit other platforms or the game would not be allowed on Xbone at all
>Minimal investment in new IP to the point where even Nintendo releases more new stuff
>Existing franchises they do care about either went stale years ago (Crackdown, Gears) or have been totally inconsistent (Forza, Halo)
>Constant shilling of Game Pass means future titles will just be GaaS grind fests
>Phil has been called the brand's savior when in reality he's done nothing but release "the world's most powerful console" when it has no games to play on it.

The Xbone is estimated to have sold between 45 and 55 million units, either way the Switch will be halfway there soon if it isn't already.

>it just works
I don't know, the RRoD cost MS billions in extended warranty claims and even then, many consumers got fucked with out-of-warranty dead consoles.

try 40 million; xbox one with kinect, xbox one s, xbox one x and xbox one SAD while sony sold 100 million with two versions and nintendo around 40 million with one

And unlike microsoft, sony still makes great exclusives for the ps4.

Fortnite sells more consoles than dumb pedo games do

Pretty much

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

>liberal cuck thinks it's Microsoft's fault
Every time. Anyone with a functioning brain knows that Sony is the company that killed gaming.

>has had zero success
Notice how the only thing you’re whining about is exclusive games, the guy he almost completely changed the image of the brand from the low it was in 2013. They’ve fixed nearly every aspect except that and they’ve been working on fixing it by buying up companies. Good games don’t come out of nowhere when you have no studios to make them.

>and the whole exclusives craze
How young and left leaning are you?

>Indie titles were initially required to launch on Xbone the same day it hit other platforms or the game would not be allowed on Xbone at all
Nothing wrong with this. Unless you're an EGS apologist of course.

They upset Dunkey
youtube.com/watch?v=ETXQUkp-VOg

Gears 5 has this too and it's selling very well.

>it's selling very well.
you literally have no idea how much or how little it is selling because they don't release sales data
shill somewhere else faggot

Cope, Sony bitch.
screenrant.com/gears-5-launch-biggest-xbox-game-studios-current-gen/

2019 has been awful. Not a single good video.

Because they wanted to enforce a Kinect always on policy.

I still don't get why Microsoft pushed forced borderless.
Shit completely fucking breaks things like VSR and DSR in most games.

>is now Xbox Game Studios' biggest launch title of this console generation.
so it's doing worse than the 360 Gears titles

>Started paid online
Once again that was Sega and MMO games on Pc. M$ are cunts for pushing it into the mainstream but they didn’t start it.

I cant switch to Sony it will take forever to get my trophy count up.

Cope

Attached: 20190918_211516.jpg (1280x1280, 572K)

>launch-biggest-xbox-game
>only took them 5 years
lmao

easy, just start with R&C/Infamous/God of War
20 plats right there with those 3 series

Cope, before that was Forza Horizon 4 and before that was Halo 5.

what are the numbers?

>nincels and sn*ys need youtube faggots to tell them what to think

Attached: 1554519833193.jpg (500x500, 47K)

Attached: Scalebounds Legacy.jpg (1080x832, 102K)

3 million.

Ouch, all four of those games are unequivocally trash.

>I can even understand how many people went with 360 over PS3 back in the day, purely because of network effects and wanting to be on the more popular console, despite worse library, just because it's where their friends were for online multiplayer.
Those weren't the only reasons. 360 almost always had better looking or running versions of multiplats, sometimes both. Look no further than Bayonetta (Where PS3's pre-patch loading screens took more than several seconds just to get into the pause menu), Red Dead Redemption (The PS3 had missing grass for example), more or less every Call of Duty, Assassins Creed games would always run better or at least have some edge up while PS3 versions had some exclusive DLC to try to get you into that ecosystem, Deadly Premonition to this day is still best played on a 360/Xbone because it's the version with the least amount of problems/framedrops, Asura's Wrath didn't have any screen tearing at the cost of 1 or 2 frames if I remember right, I know most of EA games ran better on a 360, etc. PS3 only really shined in specific Japanese titles like Vanquish I think was one of them, I know Dragon's Dogma was a mess on both sides (Screen tearing on 360 but you get AA, or no screen tearing on PS3 but your eyes bleed from the blurriness and the jaggies), etc.

PS3 only started to get worth it late into its life, you had some exclusives but when it came to everything that wasn't an exclusive it was a coin toss if it was even worth it or not, and you have to remember that the vast majority of people aren't going to pick a PC for multiplats which is why this is important to mention.

The people who want an Xbone either buy it for their own reasons (My example is I only like playing more mainstream games on the thing such as Assassin's Creed while my PS4 is for exclusives or Japanese games), they buy it because their friends all own one, or they buy it because they had a 360 originally. It's not worth it outside of those.

so I was right and it sold less than Gear 3
Gears 5 only reached 3 million players with gamepass, and not direct sales
engadget.com/2011/09/29/gears-of-war-3-sold-over-3-million-units-in-first-week/

gears 5 isn't posting sales numbers, only players, which includes those on gamepass
windowscentral.com/gears-5-reaches-3-million-players-launch-mostly-because-xbox-game-pass

Don Mattrick

>and you have to remember that the vast majority of people aren't going to pick a PC for multiplats
In 2010 sure, but nowadays most multiplats sell better on PC than they do on Xbone.
Hell, some of them sell better on PC than they do on PS4.

Attached: Players chart 2.png (1146x3360, 136K)

it was the best decision since we got Astral Chain out of it

what will be the excuse when scarlet bombs as well

Still sold well.

Xbox is just a money scam from Microsoft's part

>he thinks the Scarlett will bomb

Astral Chain was in development for 5 years, meaning it started well before Scalebound got canceled
AC isn't even directed by Kamiya while SB was, they are completely unrelated and worked on by different teams
what happened to Scalebound was still a big hit to Platinum and shouldn't be forgotten or dismissed

Nobody wanted Scalebound, it looked like ass.

literally no evidence since they don't post sales numbers
selling less than previous titles is never a good sign for a series, it's selling bad comparatively

That's because they're on sale more for cheaper prices, prebuilts are able to play more modern games at lower prices, China and India are starting to get more and more into the gaming field (Of which they're primarily PC), and it always has an increasing playerbase due to being a stable thing everyone can have for free while consoles require constant purchasing.

Ask your average person and playing on PC is going to be something that flies over their heads or isn't even a consideration. Hell, look at AVGN's take on it for exactly the type of mindset. "Keyboards are for work, controllers are for gaming" and he doesn't mean that literally, he means he doesn't want to deal with a PC interface or building one just to play modern games. The majority of people don't want to troubleshoot.

I'm not saying PC isn't getting bigger, what I'm saying is your average person isn't going to care and that's the thing that needs to be understood if you want to understand why people buy consoles. Even if you can hook up a computer to an HDMI slot no one is going to want to keep a keyboard or mouse on hand, the people aren't going to want to deal with manual troubleshooting, they aren't going to want to deal with ini tweaks, and they need to jump through hoops to do the same thing they can do on their consoles. That seems to be the thing people can't understand from more European countries who grew up with PC. It's simply not a thing in the US, you do consoles with a PC on the side for random stuff at best, not as your primary.

The average person doesn't care about consoles either, hence why mobile gaming makes more than consoles and PC combined.

>Why did microsoft become public enemy number 1 out of nowhere
>Out of nowhere
>Nowhere

When has Microsoft ever not been seen as evil?

youtube.com/watch?v=EPfsr8BBdA8

Attached: mozilla_stomps_ie_630.jpg (630x417, 100K)

The average person plays on both consoles and smartphones. Smartphone gamers do that stuff on their off time, not as a dedicated thing. Well, unless you're a woman, then you're much more likely to only do puzzle games on a smartphone.
>hence why mobile gaming makes more than consoles and PC combined.
That's more due to its games being far more accessible, pretty much everyone on the planet has a smartphone nowadays, and the cost of entry is far lower for the games (Either free or close to free since premium apps aren't really a sustainable business model). Whales are also very much a thing.

Xbox has always been shit and Windows 8 and 10 are pure cancer

>The average person plays on both consoles and smartphones.
If that were true consoles would be making just as much money as phones.
They don't.
And women make up 50% of the population, not sure why you wouldn't include them when discussing averages.

>Whales are also very much a thing.
And they also exist on consoles.
Lest we forget all the whales buying lootboxes and gacha in games like Fifa and NBA 2k.

Pre-Kinect 360 was pretty soulful

>consoles would be making just as much money as phones.
Consoles require you to make a $20-$60 purchase in order to even get into the door while on smartphones you can bum from one game to the next until something grabs you, and since the vast majority of smartphone games are F2P they have something to monetize which lets people do the whole "Well it's only $5" and get addicted from there.
>not sure why you wouldn't include them when discussing averages.
We're speaking of the average gamer though, unless you want to speak of that as the female being the majority because they play F2P PC and smartphone match threes and puzzle games. They're not really the demographic looking at consoles/PC gaming as a serious thing which is why I made that specific mention.
Yeah, but not to the extent of smartphone whalers since smartphone whalers have no barrier of entry (I.E. buying the game) whereas console gamers have that, and consoles have far less outreach due to not being a basic necessity nowadays while smartphones pretty much are so it's far more common to have a smartphone whaler than a console whaler.

They were hyped up for E3 but their E3 was "No games lol wait for next year" just like the rest of the show, so now we're back to the shit on Xbox status quo. At this point no console is worth it anymore, just get a PC and maybe a hacked Switch if portability and bingbing appeals that much to you.

Attached: 1549406133566.png (600x400, 185K)

This. Its a bunch of faggots with an axe to grind. Notice Jim Sterling conveniently forgot that The Last of Us multiplayer has dlc that actually made it easier to win in his retarded hit video. Dunkey is still mad because he thinks they stiffed him when they didn't pay him to shill their game

Attached: 1568694342630.gif (400x400, 1.69M)

Whatever they will do in the future they're still responsible for pushing the paid online meme. Unforgivable.

>And women make up 50% of the population

>The predominant demographic of mobile game players are women and children with hand-me-down phones/tablets.
>Women and Children
Is it any wonder why the mobile market is just irredeemable trash. The fact that the whole shit-house hasn't collapsed is a testament that even kids in the early 80's were smarter than women and today's common core brats.

It... probably also has to do with the fact that phones offer the utility of being phones, while games are a side-market - offering a strong primary market backbone of support to prop up the shit mobile game industry, but I'm still going to use the example because it's patently apparent that women will blow tons of cash on scams and believe any kind of bullshit that gives them their emotional validation. That's why the health and diet industry is so fucking bloated with complete horse-shit as to be practically 100% pseudoscience outside of doctors, licensed dieticians, or a reading of the scientific literature directly from the research lab. Or at least, you know, at the very least listen to what professional athletes and bodybuilders have to say. No, they'd rather buy a book from a fat chick on how to eat healthy to lose weight - and then the sequel to that book, "How to be happy with a fat body".

Attached: oprahnewearth.jpg (270x235, 54K)

>out of nowhere
I guess that E3 has been memory holed.

Because Halo 5 shit all over Halo's legacy (for whatever Halo 4 hadn't managed to cover in shit), and there wasn't much goodwill left. Sony had the superior exclusives.

>Sony had the superior exclusives
Like what, Halo 4 and 5 are better than anything Sony has currently.

It's a shame barely a third of the 360 library ended up BC then.

You didn't even read your own source, you sniveling Xcuck bitch
>Three million players on Cuck Pass
Fucking lmao

>that image
What a faggot.

Attached: X9VMVaY.gif (320x240, 1.26M)

This

>They were hyped up for E3 but their E3 was "No games lol wait for next year" just like the rest of the show, so now we're back to the shit on Xbox status quo.

Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers

Attached: Xbox @ TGS 2017.jpg (697x381, 54K)

I'll continue supporting Microsoft by buying every Xbox they release and enjoy all the Sonyfag seething it causes.

Attached: 1491236280628.png (666x656, 113K)

He had a video on microsoft in general before this

I got a Xbox 360 to play Tales of Vesperia. Only because of Namco's stupidity that it never came out on the PS3. I held onto my 360 way until the remastered version was announced, at that point I took my 360 and tossed it in the garbage. That short period where the 360 had a leg up in America was mostly due to solid support from nips.

I don't buy consoles to play multiplayer brown shooter games when I can do that already on the PC without having to pay a subscription fee. I don't have a PSN subscription except for the short time I played Bloodborne. Pure single player and Japanese every step of the way.

>I'll continue eating shit and enjoy it

Cool bro

Based