I literally applauded as the end credits rolled on Super Mario Odyssey

>I literally applauded as the end credits rolled on Super Mario Odyssey
gaming journalism is such a joke, and this game is such a goddamn overrated piece of shit

Attached: Super_Mario_Odyssey.jpg (300x300, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wFhdShArqJo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: milpharos.jpg (720x793, 134K)

thanks for sharing your opinion OP, im sure you know but it isnt shared by many

Wow, an opinion contrary to the vast majority of people, this dude must be pretty cool and brave.

Remember, no making fun of nintendo.

>ohmigosh that was so fr*cking amazing! Nintendo have done it again! 11/10!

Attached: so.gif (413x243, 51K)

I started playing it a week ago and it's amazing. Almost ready to leave New Dong City.
>That festival
KINO
I
N
O

It's easily the worst 3d Mario game made. The worst hands down.

I love it that this game, which is unironically one of the best of its generation, has pissed off so many retards. It's the cherry on top of the masterpiece cake. My only problem with it is the need to buy moons to reach 999. Why have the 999 limit at all? Why not just make the limit however many moons you could actually collect in game? Other than that, masterpiece. It needed DLC with extra worlds, but the window for that has passed, so now it needs a sequel.

Attached: mario piranha kek.jpg (1765x2118, 456K)

If you didn't teared up at the festival you must live in a PS4 because you have no soul.

The game journalist opinion except it's A Hat in Time

Odyssey doesnt turn to shit until after the credits though

Wasn't terrible, but yeah you could really tell it was made specifically for kids, which isn't inherently bad but it clearly wasn't some goty experience.

>I literally applauded as the end credits rolled on Super Mario Odyssey
You know people do this when they LIKE something, dont you? are you an autist?

There is literally NOTHING on this board I hate more than Odysseyfags. I can smell them from behind my monitor, they stink of pretentiousness, of faggotry. You just know that they think they're doing their due diligence as epic Yea Forumscore "Gaymurs" by picking the most filler-filled Mario title on a system with way better games than Odyssey to boost their fragile bing bing wahoo egos.

>Sunshine? Too many blue coins!
>Galaxy 1 and 2? Muh linearity!
It's embarrassing the mental gymnastics that these retards go through to justify their edgy opinions, Odyssey is simply the worst 3D Mario.

>B-b-b-but muh aesthetic, muh comfy!
"No". It looks like a music video directed by McG, the saturation is ugly, the camera is wonky and unresponsive. The level design? Simply abhorrent, repetitive and creatively bankrupt. 95% of all moons are fucking filler collectibles that you can get by doing the most mundane shit, a tedious fetch quest that have little bearing on the levels. The levels themselves, either too big or too empty (usually both).

>B-b-b-but muh music
Jump Up Superstar is for fedora wearing retards and the jazz shit is trite. Galaxy and 3D World are far better in regards to music and if you suggest otherwise, you are being willfully ignorant or are completely aesthetically challenged. Only weebs like Odyssey's soundtrack.

>Whatever man, just like lay off and let me have my opinion

You FUCKING FAGGOTS have gone on too long without being challenged on your like for this piece of shit game. You revel in this title's mediocrity like a badge of honour.

Attached: 1568102984314.jpg (1080x1062, 359K)

Blue coins would be much, much better if they didn't open a fucking menu and kill your momentum every time you grabbed them. At least you can do cap tricks out of moon animation.

honestly felt ripped off after beating it. It was such a stale experience overall and I was incredibly hyped for it, even more so than zelda. The game is deceptively short once you subtract all the rehashed moons and busy work. Such a disappointment I sold my switch after.

Seethe more, snoyfag.

What's your favorite outfit/combo?

Do you match the environment or use the same thing everywhere?

Attached: super-mario-odyssey-outfits.jpg (1200x675, 147K)

That's some pretty fucking tacky writing.

I enjoyed what I played of it but it wasn't good enough to keep my interest. I was/am playing stardew valley. So it's definitely not as good as that game.

Odyssey was fun.

Sunshine outfit is definitely my favorite but I gotta go with the top hat skeleton combo for that Mr. Bones look

This board isn't your safe space where every valid criticism should be dismissed as Snoynignog's shitpoating. If you want to be coddled and listen to only nice thing, go back to your Tumblr or Nintendotera.

Attached: 1568351912623.jpg (285x327, 9K)

tl;dr

It's not my favorite Mario game (galaxy is) but it's definitely an incredibly well made product. No one can deny the amount of polish that went into the game. It's perfectly set up to illicit specific emotions and different parts of the game without taking you out of the gameplay via cutscenes to do it.

This but with Chad instead of wojak

Jazz musician suit was dapper as hell.

Imagine being this upset because people like a toy that you don't. Having fun isn't a contest dude.

Agreed. Worst 3D mario.

>being challenged on your like
seething ESL

There's nothing gramatically incorrect about that statement, retard.

Sunshine was still worse in every meaningful way.

>people do this when they LIKE something
at plays, sporting events, speeches, and so forth, yes. if you can't understand the difference between that and clapping for a videogame cutscene in the privacy of your own home, then you might be an autist.

>overrated

Yea Forums does nothing but bitch about it despite it being the best 3D Mario in every way.

I can't wait to play it!

Attached: smo.png (633x22, 2K)

blue shirt red overalls
Mario Paint/Artist clothes
64 costume

Have fun!

Attached: __boo_and_resaresa_mario_series_paper_mario_and_super_mario_bros_drawn_by_d_ryuu__46de11966908213464 (600x695, 89K)

64 is best, Odyssey is 2nd
>but muh camera
64's speed and world gimmicks are more enjoyable than Odyssey's neutered jumps and repetitive challenges
>tfw there hasn't been a single 3D Mario that tried the Tiny Huge Island shtick again or Wet Dry World's raising/lowering water levels

Game was ok. 7.5/10

Odyssey's issue is that all of the content that genuinely pushes its mechanics to the limit are player-generated challenges. Without the balloon minigame none of the Nintendo-created challenges even come remotely close to being difficult platforming.

Hopefully Odyssey 2 has more optional, difficult content. So much of Odyssey was just garbage filler, and it easily has some of the best movement mechanics, making that filler sting even more.

You haven't played a single video game if you think this

After typing this out I realized we're probably not getting Odyssey 2. Probably some kind of 3d mario maker instead, because Nintendo has realized none of their level designers have the kind of talent required to beat out millions of people shitting out levels every day.

Galaxy 1/2 are the best Marios only followed by Super Mario World and Mario Maker, then Odyssey then 64, dont reply to me this is fact

>valid
This is where you're wrong

It's just an inferior Super Mario Galaxy, that's it, it's not a cancerous tumor, it's not fucking GOAT, it's just another Mario game that fails to live up to the amazing level of creativity and polish displayed by Galaxy.

I would put SMW below Yoshi's Island since it is technically a Mario game but other than that I agree.

The cheapest purple coin outfit was almost always the best one per kingdom.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wFhdShArqJo

Every time I want to play this I think of that faggy swing music song and lose interest. The tune would have been fine but I hate the singing.

>SMW over 3
discarded

It was fun for one playthrough, but yeah I have zero interest in replaying it.

Galaxyfags suck dick, don't reply to me this is fact

You ruined the pasta retard, the original is way better.

Yeah but he's not wrong. Odyssey IS worse than Sunshine.

The sonic adventure tier music at the end was actually really based

This
Big city aesthetic is worse than steampunk

Galaxyfags want gameplay at the expense of compelling atmosphere

Sunshinefags want atmosphere at the expense of compelling gameplay

Odysseyfags just want Korok seeds

It's not the best but saying it's the worst is stupid.

>a 3D Mario game over the 2D Marios
>Galaxy being anywhere near the best
>Mario Maker being anywhere near that high
>unironically picking World over the infinitely superior SMB3

Attached: 1568803602709.png (367x337, 306K)

Bad bait

What's wrong with steampunk?

I love how you people hate a game until another game comes along that triggers you for whatever reason and they you start fellating the other game like you always worshiped it just to be contrarian.

What about 64?

Mario in a suit. It's just fuuny seeing Mario dress like everyone else.

Attached: ECH27TPWsAUR6HS.jpg (509x487, 24K)

>Odyssey's neutered jumps
?

totally agree, fuck oddesseyfags

>you start fellating the other game like you always worshiped it just to be contrarian
Quit making shit up, faggot. I'm not defending Sunshine just because I think Odyssey is even worse.

Where the fuck are you? I have been concerned for your series since 2018 when Tropical Freeze was ported to the Nintendo Switch. Is Retro Studios abandoning you for another five years?

64fags are based as fuck

Then why were you syaing "Collecting blue coins is the height of gameplay!"?

it's most noticeable with walljumps

Why are you still making shit up?

64fags are currently in a parallel universe.

64chads are backwards long jumping to Bowser as we speak

Odyssey's aesthetics was the weakest of the 3D Marios. New Donk City was the best part, but I struggle to remember any other location from the game where it was just as memorable. Mario's at his best when his levels are more abstract in design than organically stringing platforms along. Allows the devs to get creative with the designs then having to go along with the conventional settings. Moon collecting was trivial and offered no challenge aside from some really well hidden ones, which what their goals should've been more based towards: rewarded after a set of challenging platforming not taking 3 steps before you get another one out of the blue. Also, the lack of a hub besides the Odyssey ship (if you can even call it that) hurts as well. Besides the fact that they are usually the most kino parts of the 3D Mario games, they're playgrounds for the player to practice Mario's moveset. And with how expansive Mario's was in Odyssey it would've helped to have one area to learn how to do all of his cool shit.

As it stands:
Galaxy 2>Galaxy 1>3D World>64>Odyssey>Sunshine

Attached: IMG_20190913_150819.jpg (1024x1024, 250K)

>Galaxy 2>
>64>Odyssey
Based.