Do you ever force yourself to finish a game you're not enjoying just because you paid for it?

Do you ever force yourself to finish a game you're not enjoying just because you paid for it?

Attached: 1567633927366.gif (200x200, 3.46M)

WHOM THE FUCK

Attached: 1283230883338.jpg (380x333, 9K)

You'd have to be born after 9/11 to be that lame.

no, albeit it's been a while since I played a game I paid for

Do you ever force yourself to finish a game you're not enjoying, and even go beyond that and collect everything, do the post-game, and beat it again for the 2nd ending, just because of trophies/achievements?

Attached: 1534430231952.jpg (507x507, 132K)

nah im not poor so i dont care lol
i bought overwatch full edition or whatever for $80 played it for like 30 mins and havent touched it since. that was 8 months ago

no
the side effect to this is I have a lovely amount of games I've never finished in my library

I used to before I realized the only time I've ever had a bad first impression be proven wrong was with Dragon's Dogma. It's just not worth the time to fight yourself, there are so many more games you could be playing.

while I don't see a problem with dropping it in itself, something you're gonna drop 30 minutes in feel like something you could've figured out you don't want to play before dropping $80 on it

not being poor is one thing, but that's literally flushing money down the toilet

imagine trudging through something you don't like for a virtual golden star

It feels a bit shameful but I drop games all the time. Just recently I gave up on Alpha Protocol.

I thought it looked cool and I was bored.
Its just $80 that's nothing

I forced myself to 100% a visual novel in hopes of fucking the cute butler
all I got was a 'true route' that answered no questions, created more questions, and was just an excuse for sequel bait (there never was a sequel.)
also no hot butler wtf

Before I found out achievement unlockers exist I would 100% pretty much every game I even somewhat enjoyed.

Yes.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

What's the point to even unlock them that way, at least if you did it yourself you can have some smug self-satisfaction.

Are you _actually_ doing it just to show it online?

Last time it was Star Fox Command, I played Adventures and was completely disappointed, even hurt, Assault was a step in the right direction, it wasn't perfect but it was good, Command was reviewed as the true "SF64" successor, I was so excited to play it.

It turned out to be the most disappointing game I've ever played, I got all the endings and ships on that piece of shit. NEVER AGAIN

I'm forcing myself to play through Bayonetta just to say that i did it. I've given up on it "clicking", it's just not good.

I don't use unlockers, I just stopped putting in effort once I realized they existed.

I can't even finish the games I actually do like

Attached: super_res_tired_amy.jpg (5120x2880, 3.7M)

I don't pay for games

I don't see why, personally I think of achievements as the same thing as beating a boss the game, getting 100% completion and the like. It's just a part of it.

Literally nobody cares about that online, nobody is looking at your achievements. Of course, if you don't care either, skip them. But that because some people are cheating should be irrelevant.

it's understandable, there's often a point where you you've done everything there was to do, and the rest is just repeatition and predictable outcomes

as good as it may have been, there's a point where it overstay its welcome

No. I already wasted my money, why waste my time as well?

Yes. I paid $15 for Assasins Creed Origins. It was boring and grindy as fuck but I beat it and its two dlcs. Will never play another AC ever again

there was a time i actually forced me to finish every single game i played, even if i didnt paid for it

OCD thing

NieR:Automata
Octopath Traveler

yes.

do you ever force yourself to 100% complete a game you completely hate just so you can trash it on an image board and try to convince others why is a bad game?

Attached: 1312877575200.jpg (601x442, 44K)

Yes, Okami

dude, whenever you see a visual novel game with a hot character you wanna fuck and your dick is begging you to waste money, dont

just google the sexual parts and have a free fap

Did this with Horizon Zero Dawn. I fucking despise that game, but it was an easy plat so I went for it

i bet you only enjoy dwarf fortress

>do you ever sucked a nasty dick just because you pay for it thinking it was a female whore?

nah, dude, you just torture yourself

Yep, I bought Shadow of War nearly a month ago and now I have to finish it.

at least half of the people here do that

That's a waste of time though no one would believe you

You must be lost if you think half of Yea Forums even plays video games, much less 100% them.

So far I only bought games I enjoyed inmensely. Everything else I pirate.

Nah, I usually want to see what happens even though I'm sick of the gameplay, so it's not that I'm not enjoying it, it's that I've gotten over it but I just want to see it through.

If I'm not feeling it and don't like much about the game I drop it fast. Just dropped W101 after 2 hours because I just didn't feel it, platted bayo 1 and I'm like 2 missions short of S+ in AC but fuck me dead if I can figure out what the fuck is going on in this game.

Yes but this is only a problem with console games for some reason. I really should just embrace piracy.