Fallout 4 and Thus Fallout 76 are Non-Canon:

Why? Because of the Nuka-Cola Bottles. Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, 3 and New Vegas all utilize the iconic real-world Coca-Cola bottle shape in the Nuka-Cola design. In Fallout 4, it is replaced with a design similar to a rocket or spaceship, complete with aesthetic stabilizing fins. Therefore, even if Fallout 4 is to be considered "canon", it is undoubtedly in a completely alternate universe and thus not canon amongst the likes of all previous games in the serious.

Every day until you accept it.

Attached: "Nuka-Cola".png (510x964, 286K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ity-m1a6MWQ?t=1092
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kjyeCdd-dl8
store.steampowered.com/dlc/377160
vg247.com/2018/04/21/rpg-players-resistant-to-change-says-obsidian/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Some anons (retards) claim that a lawsuit from the Sunset Sarsaparilla company claiming copyright infringement resulted in the altering of the Nuka-Cola bottles design, which had only seen complete fulfillment within the Commonwealth region of the United States. Such anons (retards) forget one crucial aspect of such a claim.

Others claim that the different bottle is merely a result of a new marketing campaign exclusive to the Commonwealth (due to its close vicinity to Nuka-World). However, the same bottle shape is available within Appalachia as well. Of all places to be the test site of a new marketing campaign, why the fuck would you pick West Virginia. This isn’t even worth discussing considering that there are no terminal entries or holotape messages making any reference to the new bottle design, meaning that the aforementioned justification is merely a pipe dream spurred on by headcanon and inferred guesswork.

Attached: Comparison.png (922x1076, 647K)

I don't care about the canon, 4 and 76 are shitty.

If you care about Fallout lore you are the first.

Typical shill response. Burn in Hell forever, nigger shill.

I love that Bethesda makes fallout hipsters cry

Attached: todd-howard-stop-buying-skyrim-if-you-want-the-re-34634037.png (500x568, 256K)

What do you think a shill is? In your own words, please.

>it's a Yea Forums soda episode
Cream or Italian soda or go home

No dev
No fan
Nobody has ever cared about Fallout lore.
Not a one

The only ones who pretend to care are people who just want to shit on Bethesda. They don't even care they are often wrong.

Paying attention to the game's story is hipster.

Attached: Ox.png (952x536, 649K)

>A third of the canonical good endings of Fallout 1 aren't even in the game
youtu.be/Ity-m1a6MWQ?t=1092

Attached: 1545717374761.jpg (3000x1688, 448K)

Let go, man
New Vegas' devs tried to tell you.

Fuck you, coward. I shit on your mother's face.

Not interested in discussing cola bottles in an alternate universe w/ talking ghouls

you can shit directly into her mouth for all I care, but it's not going to take Fallout out of Bethesda's hands

Let go, begin again.

Just play Underrail. Forget about Bethesda.

Available on Steam and GoG.

Attached: soundtrack_underrail.jpg (1000x1000, 339K)

They were part of a Nuka World promotion

Bethesda can have it, it's not canon regardless.

That game sucks balls.

> I am going to pout about Bethesda owning Fallout and there is nothing you can do about it.
True enough. There is no way I can make you not a petulant man child.
That was your Fathers job and he failed.

Never pouted, just stated the fact that it is all non-canon. You are a shill with brown skin.

Because Fallout 76 was a lazy cash grab with re used assets

>"Bethesda ruined Fallout, baaaaw!!"
As if the original Fallout 3 or the planned Fallout movie would have been any better.
Oh, and, you know... this.

Attached: 1560286983798.jpg (1280x720, 163K)

you have the 'tism

Attached: 1552229286010.gif (387x524, 175K)

Not to mention stealth boys.

The game was a reboot. Even shoehorned the wasteland shelters from 3 back in as if it were explicitly done out of spite by tod himself

If Bethesda made it; it is not canon. You would know this if you had a higher IQ.

Then New Vegas isn't canon.
>B-But muh Obsidian...
Still published by Bethesda.

Attached: 1549954762386.gif (302x200, 458K)

Publishing a game =/= making it. Obsidian made it. You have low IQ.

4 is better than NV anyway

>Typical shill response. Burn in Hell forever, nigger shill.

Bethesda still provided the necessary funds so that Obsidian could make the game, which makes New Vegas fall under being owned by Bethesda.

Oh boy, New Vegas babies getting all uppity again it seems.

Giving money to people =/= making a game. Obsidian made it. You have low IQ.

>Every Fallout thread on Yea Forums always devolves into whiny NVfags throwing a massive shit fit because they pretend to actually care about Fallout, despite most of them never having even played Fallout 1

>"Nuka-Cola's signature rocket-shaped bottle replaced the traditional curved bottle when a rival corporation successfully sued for patent infringement. Fortunately, the public saw the new bottle as an improvement and Nuka-Cola's sales increased." - Nuka World Loading Screen

There is no rival corporation in game and it is never spoken of in game. Therefore, that means nothing to me.

I agree however you can say what you like about 4 at least it shits all over 76 like a bad dump. At least combat wise it's better than 3 or new vegas. 4 story is complete shit though and 76 i don't even know what to say about that heap of trash. Don't get me wrong 4 is still shit but at least it's better than 76.

So, you don't actually care about the lore and just want to complain, got it.

I don't care about baseless retcons with no in-universe connection, yes. But I suppose you could just say I don't care about lore.

>Make a stylistic change to the Nuka Bottle to make it visibly nicer so it doesn't look just like a regular soda bottle
>Retarded faggots on Yea Forums cry and throw a huge tantrum over it

Attached: 1538991334728.jpg (1920x1080, 158K)

It still wasn't made by black isle

Hug that safety blanket harder manchild.
Now the next time you look your father in the eyes you will understand the look of disappointment.

>”The bottle shape of Nuka-Cola in 4 differs from its previous bottle shapes so the game isn’t canon!”
>Nuka World explains the reason for why Nuka-Cola appears differently in 4
>”Th-That doesn’t count because I said so!”

Attached: F1391CB1-BB33-4C66-852B-ACFCE1F23058.jpg (361x387, 34K)

its all make believe stories anyways who gives a shit lmao

A "regular soda bottle" would never adopt such a design. The unergonomically obtuse bottle would make it difficult to grip when coated in moisture. Furthermore, the stabilizing fins would make shipping the product Hell as it would be difficult to fit more than a few bottles into a crate.

Obsidian > Black Isle.

It is not explained in-game. An obese intern wrote two(2) sentences on a loading screen so I am supposed to take that as fact? Perhaps I am not as gullible as you.

Attached: New Shape.png (500x250, 266K)

An obese Intern wrote the lore in Fallout 1, does that mean I'm supposed to take anything in that game as fact?

One sentence is even worse. Baseless retcon. Means nothing to me. If it does for you, I suppose you have a low IQ.

Yes, because all the lore we have regarding the series originates from Fallout 1. They had no precursor to abide by, therefore anything in the game has to be taken as canon.

>An obese intern wrote two(2) sentences on a loading screen so I am supposed to take that as fact?
Projecting much? And it’s canon regardless what you tell yourself, as Bethesda gets to decide what’s canon.

Of all the retcons in fallout 4 he's bothered by the Nuka bottles

No, I decide what is and isn't canon and there is no man or beast alive who can prevent that.

Also, it is highly likely that the intern who wrote that is in fact obese.

Nah, I think that since it was made by one person that it isn't fact. Sorry, mate, Fallout 1 isn't canon because I said so.

>No, I decide what is and isn't canon and there is no man or beast alive who can prevent that.
Then why are you complaining about bottle shapes if you don’t consider it canon?

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! NOT MUH PRECIOUS SODA BOTTLES!!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD THEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1540514682838.png (156x191, 47K)

All other retcons can be explained in one way or the other. Completely altering the appearance of a previously existing item is universe breaking.

Literally explained in-game. Cry harder, bitch.

You, who has no personal connection to anything fallout other than being an end user, as opposed to Bethesda, owners of the IP as well as developers of the most recent iterations?
Explain Jet

REEE away with your impotent rage if it makes your feefees happy.

Fallout fan have gone from Glittering gems of hatred to Tumblr tier manchildren. What happened?

Literally impossible and downright retarded to attempt to label source material as non-canon. You have low IQ.

To set the record straight.

>shitting on West Virginia
looks like someone doesn't like the land of white qts in a place that isn't shit farmland and ranchland as far as the eye can see

Myron lied.
It was clear from Fallout 2 and Mrs Bishop.

Nope, Sorry mate. It's not canon. You're the obviously the one with the low IQ if you're arguing with me on this.

>To set the record straight.
So you made this thread just to stroke yourself off. Got it.

Seethe, shill.

I decide what is and isn't canon. What's Bethesda going to do? What are you going to do? Nothing.
>Explain Jet
Technically it's hinted that Myron didn't actually "invent" Jet and was merely using a preexisting recipe. Therefore, with this small retarded tid-bit of information, one could justify why there is Jet in pre-war vaults. It's retarded but it's a valid ret-con given what we know.

Typical shill negroid.

Never stated in game. Doesn't count.

Not him, but:
Myron was lying, which is easily evidenced in Fallout 2 with Mrs Bishop being addicted to jet long before Myron came along. It's likely he just managed to reproduce it.

I'm not shitting on West Virginia you low IQ negroid. I'm saying it's unwise to market here in terms of selling a consumer product.

No, it's canon. You have low IQ.

I don't masturbate, I just educate low-IQ simpletons and shills on Fallout lore.

>hinted
And the reason for the rocket bottle is outright stated

Okay, then, user. If it's canon, prove it.

If you ever play Fallout 2 pay attention when dealing with Mrs Bishop.
Mrs Bishop was hooked on Jet before Myron was born.

She's lying

>if it doesn’t give unending lore on a certain company or group, it’s not canon
You’re unironically playing the wrong game if you have this mindset.

No, it's hinted with, at most, three(3) sentences. Shill begone and suck my pecker.
It's source-material. Doesn't have to worry about breaking or abiding by lore since it is the progenitor of the lore itself.

>She’s lying
How do you know?

So, Wasteland is Fallout canon, then?

>Fallout 3, 4, and 76 all take place in an alternate universe but is still considered canon
There. Fixed that for you.

Attached: fallout timeline.png (909x583, 39K)

Technically no, since they're two different series. Taking inspiration from a different game doesn't mean the lore is related.

It is my experience addicts are very aware of what they are addicted to. They don't often wake up trying to remember if they are an alchy or a crackhead.

Because a junkie is more likely to be the liar

>trusting a Jet addict

Attached: 1490577539113.png (396x385, 131K)

But it's the source material for Fallout, user. That means it's canon by your argument...
Or iIt's non canon, by mine.

Why would a junkie in a lawless wasteland lie about what she’s getting high to?

Incorrect. The lore for the two series is completely different (you would know this if you actually played the games). That is obvious to anyone who doesn't have a mental deficiency or, in your case, low-IQ.

bethesda doesnt give a shit about anything related to lore or continuity and they own the series, so neither should you

every day until you accept it

It is my experience addicts don't remember jack shit about what they were doing a decade ago let alone how old Myron is

bethesda owns the rights to fallout, not you. go whine on NMA and stop making these threads.

Attached: 1568819563830.jpg (384x226, 22K)

That's not what we were arguing user. I'm well aware that the settings are different, I'm just saying that by your logic (Source material = Canon) that Wasteland is technically canon in the Fallout universe.
And If you haven't gotten it, by now, I don't think you ever will.

All Bethesda employees have Low-IQ. I decide what is and isn't canon and there isn't anything you can do to stop it.

Defeatist coward with low-IQ and brown skin pigmentation.

You're playing the role of a retard in attempt to have a "gotcha" moment but it's clear that you are only a low-IQ simpleton. Source material = source of the lore, story, setting environment, etc of the series. Taking the general idea of "post-apocalyptic wasteland" from Wasteland is taking inspiration, not taking source material. You are pitiably low-IQ.

All Interplay Employees have Low-IQ since they bankrupted their buisness. By your logic that Low IQ =! Canon, then Fallout 1 and 2 are not canon.

I decide what is and isn't canon and I say every Fallout except 2 is canon.

>To Be Fair, You Have To Have a Very High IQ to Understand Fallout canon

Literally the worst thread on Yea Forums right now. Well done.

They failed because their games were too high-IQ and gamers have low-IQ. I'm sure you see why their company failed now.

Your decision is baseless and without merit. Although you're free to carry that opinion, I decide that it is retarded, low-IQ, and ultimately pointless.

>he actually cares about “lore” in Bethesda games
And I’m the low-IQ one?

Attached: 088F0A49-349C-43FB-99B3-80CC0EFEA96B.gif (200x200, 3.46M)

>The lore is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of creative writing and timlines most of the continuity will go over a typical gamer's head.

Yeah, Fallout:BOS was super high IQ.

My decision isn't baseless. It's based on the fact that I don't like you

I care about the lack of lore in Bethesda games. Yes, you are the Low-IQ one.

It's literally the first one with fins

Attached: pop.jpg (1280x960, 578K)

>There's also Fargo's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his games- his personal philosophy draws heavily from the 1988 game Wasteland, for instance.

Sadly I know addicts and you are incorrect.They may forget many things. What they are addicted to isn't one of them.

Fallout: BOS is not considered part of the canon series, it's a knock-off.

Then I suppose you are too feminine to hold a valid conversation with. Allowing personalities to overthrow genuine conversation? Only something a hormonally challenged low-IQ simpleton would do, surely.

Black Isle understands this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the lore, to realise that it's not just about continuity- it says something deep about LIFE.

Yeah except that bottle doesn't have fins, retard. What was the point of posting this?

> I decide what is and isn't canon.
No that is Bethesda. The thing to remember is what they say actually matters.
While it s fun to go along with your lark in the end Bethesda has won and your impotent sputtering is meaningless.

You're making a joke yet technically you are not incorrect.

>As if the original Fallout 3 would have been any better
Take your meds Todd, you're delirious.

>No, I decide what is and isn't canon and there is no man or beast alive who can prevent that.

imagine talking like this. go back to tumblr

Attached: 1568858220900.png (269x323, 66K)

No, I decide what is and isn't canon. Bethesda is powerless towards influencing my opinions regarding the validity of their lore, as are you. I am the God of my domain and you are similar to that of an ant, comparatively speaking.

>As a consequence people who don't understand Fallout Canon truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the talking animals in Fallout 2, which are a cryptic reference to the hit animate series, pinkie and the Brain

They were just bad at making games. They have tried multiple times under other names and every time they have failed as a studio.

If you ever read the Fallout Bible, you'd know that a majority of the shit they wrote for Fallout 1 + 2 was created on the whim and wrote mostly for plot relevance. Nothing in 1 or 2 makes sense beyond just trying to fill in the closure for the main story quest.

Hell, the main writer didn't even know what Nuclear Winter was until after he finished writing the original two, nor are Ghouls explained well at all.

But let me tell you something about Fallout, lore doesn't fucking matter in a Fallout game, neither do things "making sense". What matters in any Fallout game is using the more fantastical elements in the game to prop up the stakes of an otherwise simple story to rise it up to something memorable. This is what Fallout 4 failed to do and same with 76. It's not over stupid soda bottles, it's over Bethesda just not being able to actually write a decent main story line quest.

Bethesda has stated only the high level events from Tactics and Fallout 2 are canon now.
So you are partially correct.

>>No, I decide what is and isn't canon and there is no man or beast alive who can prevent that.

>imagine talking like this. go back to tumblr

Attached: Low-IQ.png (644x800, 15K)

>A "regular soda bottle" would never adopt such a design. The unergonomically obtuse bottle would make it difficult to grip when coated in moisture.
You might have a point with packaging concerns but that's it. There are tons of viable glass bottle designs because glass and skin has some decent friction. This is an impressively silly hill to die on though, I'll give you that.

>I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Chris Avellone's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer monitors. What fools.. how I pity them.

I don't think you understand the difference between official canon and headcanon

rolling

Attached: 19e93a_5609073.jpg (1526x2616, 1.01M)

You think you are clever but I truly believe everything that you are writing. Therefore, you only reinforce my morale and fighting strength, similar to a soldier hearing the horn of battle.

based, roll

>And yes, by the way, i DO have a Chris Avellone tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

roll for el mexicano wizardo

Wrong. The ability to maintain grip was one of the main concept ideas in regards to the original Coca-Colas design.

My headcanon is canon because it follos the lore. Stop being low-IQ (I'm being facetious, I know you cannot stop being low-IQ).

>Nothin personnel kid

check it

Attached: 1568858304923.jpg (512x512, 29K)

You only bump my thread and reinforce my vigorous courage. I'm afraid you have thusly expressed the truest extent of your Low-IQ.

Not him, you are a massive retard.

Please tweet this at Pete Hines until he replies

ralin for based

Being a cocktail of High Intellect and Canon beliefs, I obviously disagree with Facts,

RollinRollinRollinRollin

you got trolled get wrecked kid

oy vey shut it down

Attached: Bethesda board of directors.png (1211x1344, 182K)

Of course your headcanon is canon. Everyone's is.
Canon is in the name

One man's fact is another man's opinion.

Hey ass hat, actually read the first post ya linked. I'm not defending this retard's argument when he himself didn't even read as much about Fallout lore as I, the fallout lore master, did.

Because Fallout Lore is fucking retarded and Fallout 4 is serviceable as an entry, hell I didn't even mind the Institute being as powerful as they were, just hated how much of an anomaly they still are, but I guess that's the point.

>ill never get buzz lightyear wizard
why even live

>...especially the facts that are
proven, and simplified down to "This is the Reason you are wrong:".

Yes, but the big kicker is that my headcanon is truly canon.

Forgot to put the > on that one before I posted

Incorrect. Everything I criticized so far has been non-canon and I only speak of that which is canon.

The real big kicker is nothing is true when it comes to canon because it's all a work of fiction

Since I'm out of time, and you've lost-a:
You really shouldn't reply to copy-pasta

Reminder that Bethesda owns the IP and not some AIDS-ridden buttblasted nigger tranny from NMA who keeps screeching about muh lore.

I mean getting the engine "working" online and looking at the world map I would not say lazy or just a cash grab as well there are far better and easier ways for that (hell NV could be seen a rushed cashgrab as it honestly was it just turned out well) I honestly thing 76 was not rushed as much as it was lacking in direction

A very low-IQ assessment you just make without a hint of nuance.

I got the most up to date version of FO4 from steam. After playing for a while I noticed my Perception stat was at 1. Turns out that applying medx after a radscorpian stings you will do this. There is no fix. The game has been getting creation club patches for 4 years, but there has been no attempt by bethesda to fix this playthrough ending bug. What a company.

I can decide whatever I want regarding the lore. Nothing Bethesda or you can do about it. Seethe.

>for me, it's the 1978 commemorative bottle

Attached: C12.jpg (898x1548, 1.05M)

This is one of the most autistic threads I've ever seen

Shill. Nigger. Trannie. You much seethe now and forever.

It's not like your autism will ever change the fact that Bethesda owns the IP. The fact that you apparently make this thread daily only makes you look like a raging faggot who can!t deal with it.

>Got a copy of Fallout 76 for $15 just out of curiosity
>I actually really love the big giant map and the varied sectors of the map
>Still fucking hate the decision to not have any NPCs and ruined the oppurtunity for tons more pre-war lore by having living pre-war characters

I dictate what is and isn't canon and there's nothing you can do to prevent it.

>I make three threads everyday to voice my impotence regarding the Fallout lore so you're seething if you laugh at me

I don't even really disagree with disconnecting the lore from fallout 4 from the other games, I'm just saying you have autism

isnt this guy a rapist or something?

Maybe you have autism and you're projecting it.

Attached: 1514224727946.png (500x335, 217K)

I am in control of the lore.

You can't dictate anything in your pathetic life you dickless worm.

COPE

Bethesda redesigned and retconned alot of shit in that game. I think they just don't give a fuck about consistency at this point.

I am the God of this domain, you are an ant. Seethe.

Says the guy who finds some kind technicality in lore between video games through arbitrary boundaries for what constitutes something being cannon that they themselves set and then posts endlessly about it on an board where nobody cares

isn't me.

You're a pathetic, dickless virgin here, just like in real life except even faggier. Cope.

Seeth

Seethe.

Stop projecting.

imagine how much damage you could do with the fins on those bottles, it could probably kill someone

Faggot

Seethe and cope.

its time to let go user, fallout is over

Okay nigger

>This entire fucking thread
Game's fine if you calm your autism faggots, I had fun with the settlement building and exploring and yeah the story's writing is dogshit but what modern bethesda game doesn't have that problem

Attached: autism.gif (480x270, 528K)

Yes I am.

I AM THE LORE

It's still not canon. Fun =/= canon.

You need to seethe.

>I had fun with the settlement building
I don't think you did.

>and exploring
Now that's just plain untrue.

There is a lot of plastic in Fallout 4. It shouldn't exist for a lot of in-universe reasons.

I actually thought it was a bit weird to see plastic dogbowls as well.

Attached: 1566881204657.jpg (460x404, 82K)

Kill yourself

Literally that. When the first trailer dropped, I capped the scene where the dog bowls are shown, and posted it on Yea Forums saying that the image contained things that broke Fallout canon.

Everyone replies "THAT'S NOT A FLATSCREEN TV, IT'S A PICTURE ON THE WALL IN AN ORNATE FRAME."

Nobody knew.

Seethe.

Kill yourself

Drill for wealth

Cope and bump my thread.

In your ass I will

That's my thread.

wait what
elaborate, I'm not that big into fallout lore, why should plastic exist in it?

all the bethesda fallouts are non-canon

Why would a plastic dog bowl last for 210 years with constant sun exposure? Plastic gets really brittle in sunlight because UV rays weaken the material.

oil is scarce in Fallout univese but I mean recycling should be a thing right so why is that not overlooked?

When surpassed, eyes spill

Plastic is made from oil.

Oil ran out.

The government confiscated what plastic was left (remember when they did that IRL and took everyone's gold?) and used what they could. Recycled the hell out of it.

Basically, down at the street-level of the United States, there should be no loose, free plastic floating around. THEN, y'know, nuclear war would've melted anything left. In the original concept of Fallout, they used credit cards in place of bottlecaps. Someone on the development team said "hey, wouldn't these have all melted?" So they changed it to hard, clunky metal. And the whole design of the world changed to fall in line with a lack of plastic. Ever notice that everything is hard clunky/chunky metal in the Fallout design ethos? That's not just because it looks cool. It's lore.

So which race are YOU?

Attached: 26e64a9ea783b7333733f5f20843844b099c25becee991f94532826d813a5871_1.jpg (708x994, 136K)

>what is bioplastic

r

Why would a gun or knife last for 210 years despite exposure to the elements?

I think Tactics is a pretty swell game and more should play it

Why was quantum in boston when 3 established it was only gonna see testing in DC, which also had quantum in the old bottles so how in the apparently few days it took them to flood boston and west virginia with rocket bottles did they get quantum in them as well? Also why does their factory in DC not have any of the new bottles?

who fucking cares about fallout canon?

>stop buying skyrim if you want the re-releases to stop
He makes a good point. Unironically based.

I couldn't give a shit. Bethesda makes shit games, and have actually devolved into just flat out scamming their customers.

They can't go bankrupt and slide into irrelevancy fast enough.

You never see them in the open. You find them in the care of NPCs or inside safes.

Been saying this since the Oblivion DLC fiasco

Oh damn, you're right.

Looks like there shouldn't have been a global nuclear war predicated on oil running out; You can make diesel from corn!

I'm generally shocked that Bethesda doesn't release Fallout 3/NV on absolutely everything ever just like they do Skyrim.

Attached: 1536831702942.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

Out of all lore breaking shit it's the bottle design that made you start questioning todd's fuckery huh

they do look pretty gay compared to the classic old ones though
i'm more concerned about how retarded the vending machines are though
you've got this big ass fucking machine that can only hold 4 bottles, and relies on people not taking all four when they pay for one
what kind of fucked up shit is that anyway

Attached: nuka.png (754x893, 415K)

When this thread dies I'm going to make a new one immediately afterwards.

Dumb faggot. Go to hell.

See you in the next thread.

DM me the link

>what kind of fucked up shit is that anyway
Thats actually how a lot of really old vending machines worked because people actually had integrity.

>Why was quantum in boston when 3 established it was only gonna see testing in DC
Obsidian fucked up an added Quantum in Lonesome Road so Bethesda just kidna went fuck it.

They did later half-way explain its because Nuka world was right there, so the Quantum in Boston came from Nuka World

Why even do this write off at all, it's not like bethesda has any concept of consistent art styles between titles in the same series, they could have easily said it's just the art style change like how the power armor is just now how it always was.

There is only one(1) Quantum in Lonesome Road and it is not guaranteed to spawn (only 10% chance). Furthermore, The Divide prior to its destruction was a propsering trade community and was an ideal location for couriers and traders. The very likely that at least one bottle of quantum would appear here. Obsidian did not do anything wrong here, to say that Bethesda just HAD to do it because Obsidian FUCKED UP is wrong and retarded.

In that case didn't we get quarts and victory instead of cherry?

You actually can make biofuel and afaik they mastered cold fusion right before the war. They literally could've called it off and shared the technology with the Chinese.

>The very likely that at least one bottle of quantum would appear here.
Why on earth would a small community in Nevada have a bottle of something in from Washington D.C.?

Also, a big ass Qunatum banner is seen hanging in Chet's store, more proof that Quantum was in the southwest despite Fo3 saying otherwise.

Its another one of tyhe many fuckups FoNV had
-Like them saying the Mr Handy was a RobCo robot when all past games say it was General Atomics
-Vegas supposedly being nothing but nomadic tribal groups up until 7 years ago when Fallout 1 mentions it already had functional casinos and mob bosses even back then.
-The Quantum problem
-the NCR's salvaged power armor which makes no sense
etc. etc.

Because Quarts and Victory are specifically mentioned to be southwest exclusive in NW.

Since, unlike Obsidian, Bethesda was willing to keep the regional drinks of NV as regional drinks.

That's kinda the whole point, the US had found the secret to battery sized fusion and was entering a golden age while the rest of the world was falling to pieces, the government literally just said fuck everyone else.

One day Bethesda will remake Fallout 1 and 2. Not today, or even tomorrow, but some day.

>Why on earth would a small community in Nevada have a bottle of something in from Washington D.C.?
Same way DC has jet which was invented in Reno.

That's just a giant cop-out for Obsidian and you fucking know it. You could explain every single lore issue with a similarily cheap cop-out.
>yeah but Myron didn't invent Jet, it also worked with normal cows
>Ghouls don't have to eat or breathe, their whole metabolism is radiation and anything else is just a habit.

Is it completely beyond the realm of possibility that a scavenger from the DC area migrated over to Nevada with the knowledge that there is a prospering trade community.

How is it a cop-out? That there is a single bottle of Quantum that isn't guaranteed to spawn? It was a trade community, there are going to be some rarities there. The fact that it only has a 10% chance to appear is enough proof to just say it isn't even there canonically.

Do the old games hold up? They seem neat, but dated.

Actually the real cop-out is that it was most likely a coding issue, it's not like the assets weren't in the game and it's rare chance of spawning in an obscure location points to that.

>Same way DC has jet which was invented in Reno.
Except Myron admits in Fo2 that jet was a pre-war substance created when big corporations tried to make a protein exract for use in human food, but after it was discovered that any sort of bacterial infection caused it to turn into a powerful amphetamine, they instead just fed it to their cows which caused their shit to turn super potent.Not to mention, its stated Mrs Bishop was kicked out of Vault City ofr using jet years before Myron supposedly made it.

And, when Chris Avellone himself was asked, he said people should LIKE that because of what Jet is, aka cow shit.

They are great if you can get past the combat, it wasn't even the best at the time. And in the case of one you could hit some issues if you don't metagame.

DM? You mean PM?

Attached: 127.jpg (571x571, 49K)

no i meant DM
DM me the link to my Discord profile uwu

>Ghouls don't have to eat or breathe
This was proven in Fallout 2 though. Coffin Willie was buried in the graveyard outside of New Reno, and when you dig him up he mentions hes been down there for months.

And he would have had no food, water, or air, for those months, and he just gets up and walks away like "yeah whatever"

>although it shouldn't be there but was there ai assume that it wasn't there
It's a cop-out and you're coping that Obsidian fucked up (but not as bad as with The Chain That Binds)

Obsidiots argued that he could've been there for only 2 days.

>a game that spends a good chunk of time in combat
>no, just ignore that part
Uh, that's not really reassuring.

Yeah most who spout that meme are probably thinking of the ghouls from 1 thinking they need water, when really none would probably know they don't need it because who's gonna test that. I won't forgive them for making ghouls fast though.

I didn't say ignore I said get past, if you can get used to it you will be fine, it's a bit of a hurdle though.

>It's a cop-out and you're coping that Obsidian fucked up
I'm outright saying they did fuck up user, you seem a bit obsessed.

We can all agree that one of the best things that came out of Fallout 4 was the Power Armor redesign (Not the execution of acquiring one SO FUCKING EARLY IN THE GAME)

It's not a fucking cop-out, dummy. It was most likely either a coding error or an easter egg. Even if not, it is perfectly valid to assume that at least one bottle managed to find its way to The Divide.

fusion cores are dumb too

If they remake Fallout 1 and 2 the MUST keep the voiced character UI interfaces or do a remaster of them.

Marcus in New Vegas was so expressionless that he looked like a ventriloquist puppet.

Attached: Marcus.jpg (640x438, 56K)

The US was using cold fusion to power its power armor and fuck up China by cutting them off from their annexed countries that provided the mainland with food. China launched the nukes because they were going to collapse and lose the war when the population ran out of food.

Must be hard to move all those extra muscles in his face. I assume that's why the mutants in New Vegas had leather straps propping their upper lips up so they can speak.

Makes sense the suits need some kind of power source though.

God those have so much SOUL.

Attached: harry_super.jpg (640x480, 61K)

I thought America nuked first?

it was McCarthyism era US. there was no way in hell they were going to make peace with the commies.

The suits ran on Microfusion Cells.

I think they directly said the straps are there just because the modeler in 1 thought they looked cool, so NV brought them back.

The aliens did it.

No one actually knows who fired the first shots, hell it could have been europe as they were going through a huge collapse after a failed invasion of the middle east.

Yes and? That's basically the same thing.

>Mentioning fallout 76
Obligatory viewing
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kjyeCdd-dl8

>tfw Africa is probably the only continent unscathed by nuclear war.
>Inb4 African warlords start invading the East Coast or attacking NCR through South American conquest north.

might as well ask here, anyone have a link to a download of all the fallout 4 dlc?

When the poster you responded to said that fusion cores are dumb, you said that it makes sense that they use some kind of power source. This implies that you thought they originally did not require one. I clarifed that you are dumb.

store.steampowered.com/dlc/377160

I was talking about how they thought cores were stupid, when they are basically the same thing as cells.

They're kind of badly balanced. You're invincible in power armor. Even t-45. To balance this they make power armor be the only thing in the wasteland that degrades (which requires resources to fix). It also needs fusion cores to run for 10 minutes, which is a lorebreak they never even tried to address. I like the idea of gear requiring maintenance, but everything in the game should be like that, not just power armor. I also like the idea of powered things needing fuel, but they should have made the fuel source in FO4 be an alternative fuel to fusion cores in order to explain why it runs out so fast. A real military grade fusion core could be so rare that only 1 or 2 exists in the game, while you mostly use shitty basement generator cores and such.

The T-45 originally ran on Microfusion Cells.

Later suits of T-45, as well as the T51 and later suits ran on integrated fusion generators(aka fusion cores). This has been lore since like Fallout 1.

Back in Fallout 1/2, the description of the PA suits stated they had enough fuel to run for 100 years.

All PA suits should be out of power before Fo3 begins. And a battery, even while not in use, loses charge, and the ability to hold a charge, explaining why they run out so fast by the time of Fo4.

America was winning, so they had no reason to nuke first. The fighting was at a stalemate, but China had been cut off from the southern countries. It was only a matter of time before mass starvation took care of all the people they were using to hold off the power armor divisions.

Lol no. Ever heard of the Samson option? The nuclear plan of countries like Russia involves nuking countries that are not normally a threat. This prevents them from becoming more powerful than what remains of Sampson option countries after an attack.

Yeah but no. That is you trying to write the story for bethesda, instead of understanding that they created plot holes.

It's pretty easy to just ignore the bethesda fallout games in the context of fallout 1, 2, and new vegas if you want to

why does it even matter if it's officially "canon" or not

>its a plot hole that the things in game world like they should
by this logic its a plot hole that they don't explain why the sky is blue.

>FEV knowledge was leaked pre-war that led to mass rioting before the bombs dropped
>ghoul m.preg that creates ghouls that look like rejects from ReBoot
>"epic" end battle on a space station
>wasteland always gets nuked in the end no matter how fast you play the game because Avalone

Van Buren would have killed the franchise harder than BoS did, for every good idea it had there was several other lore rapes and just plain bad ideas.

Attached: van buren feat bob from reboot.jpg (74x143, 12K)

The middle ones are kino

twaste and redpilled

>wasteland always gets nuked in the end no matter how fast you play the game because Avalone
The hell is his problem?

we really dodged a bullet with avellone just getting the dlc in new vegas

his belief that fallout has to get reset again always struck me as a little silly.

imagine being this autistic about the shape of coke bottles in a video game. get help user

You can get brand new fusion cores in FO4 with a rated charge percentage of 100/100. They still run out in 20 minutes. Furthermore, fusion power is not battery power. The fuel for fusion is just hydrogen nuclei. It is burned only during the fusion process. Further-furthermore, if they were all running out to *less than half hour of use* levels, this would have been a thing in F03 and NV.

So how does bethesda explain the fusion cores all being less efficient than 2 litres of petrol? There is no why. It's a gameplay balance thing that they didn't care to write an explanation about. Any explanation give comes from fans writing the story for bethesda.

>Samson Option
>Russian
Nigger stop filling my head with these lies. The Samson Option is Israeli origin. Plus Russia had almost nothing to do with Fallout as the mass majority of communist ire was originating from the Repubric of Chinur.

I can kind of understand it.

New Vegas has a problem where the NCR has gotten so big, that only something equally as big could really give it a fight, but the NCR only exists due to a whirlwind of lucky coincidences, and so they had to pretty heavily asspull the Legion into being FAR FAR stronger then they really would be.

but even then, there is nothing to really do with the western U.S. post New Vegas. If the NCR wins, and the Legion collapses, that means the NCR will expand, and now you need an EVEN BIGGER other nation for it to fight, and there is really nowhere that such a thing could realistically exist. And if the NCR loses, and the Legion stays around, then any future game will just be New Vegas 2: Electric Boogaloo

Bethesda has actually been fairly smart by hasving the BOS reamin a fairly small organization of only about 500ish people, even by the time of Fallout 4, despite the fact they took over the entire Capital Wasteland, as a means to make them still vulnerable to being defeated by other local powers like The Institute.

God roll

I'm actually amazed. A FUCKING BOTTLE

>Further-furthermore, if they were all running out to *less than half hour of use* levels, this would have been a thing in F03 and NV.
Someone actually did the math on this and based on how quickly they burn out and how much power they would naturally lose idling in 3 and NV they still have a few years left of time, by the start of 4 they have a few months left if they just idle but you burn them out quickly with power armor use. Using the same calculation he found a brand new one could last over 100+ of constant power armor use much like the original lore showed.

The whole world burned in Fallout when the nukes started flying from the first country. Everyone detected it and assumed it was their enemy country launching at them. China sends them to America and their allies, which includes a lot of bases in Asia. These Asian countries see it and start nuking each other. America sees it and sends nukes to China. Russia sees nukes coming and launches at America. Europe sees nukes and launches at Russia. Russia launches back the chain continues down to Africa because this is the year 2077 and pretty much everyone had nukes then. Any random islands and areas not targeted are fucked by the nuclear summer that follows and the FEV creatures that evolvel out of nowhere from scorpions and spiders. The whole world is fucked in Fallout, including your special snowflake country that you live in.

*20 minutes in real-time
In-game lore, based on how fast the days are accelerated for gameplay reasons, fusion cores last for 10 hours.

Trying to determine what is canon and what isn't is completely pointless. The only canon that matters is whatever the creators decide is canon because that affects how they create future games.

I like how you avoided mentioning Game Theory.

It actually wasn't game theory, it was shoddycast.

You are forgetting that the NCR was stretched thinner than a diarrhoea puddle of shit in New Vegas. Camp Maccaran has 20 people in it.

New Vegas wouldn't be half as interesting as a setting if the NCR weren't an actual functioning society you're on the fringes of.

The fact that society is starting to rebuild and you see all these little hints of NCR's prosperity and strength back home gives New Vegas a unique feel for a post apocalyptic game compared to the usual "lmao everything is shitty anarchy covered in rust" fare.

Then say that you illiterate. Don't pull special projects like the Samson Option out of your ass and with no knowledge of its actual origins.

>because that affects how they create future games
Unless bethesda just outright ignores even their own canon.

That is you writing the story for bethesda, not a thing in the lore. Furthermore, no random YouTube or anyone for that matter has a clue about how the burn rate of a working cold fusion reactor.

My bet is on them having no idling loss at all because their fuel source is hydrogen atoms, not stored ions.

Yeah, and the war for Skyrim was twenty angry men outside the capital, and lasted not even five minutes. Games are limited in how many characters they can have at once.

>cold fusion reactor
Micro fusion not cold fusion.

Good post

I know it's from Israel, but I also know Russia is going to nuke Europe if it decides to nuke America, out of commen sense.

>Camp Maccaran has 20 people in it.
You are retarded if you actually think the number of NPCs at Camp Maccaran represents how many were there in lore.

Cold fusion is any fusion occuring at room temps, as opposed to star core temps. Also microfusion cells don't degrade over time at all. This proves they do not lose charge. They have a fuel source that remains stable until burned.

You are forgetting that the NCR was stretched thinner than a diarrhoea puddle of shit in New Vegas. Numerous NPCs such as Cass, Boon and NCR grunts mention it.

>My bet is on them having no idling loss at all because their fuel source is hydrogen atoms, not stored ions.
You would be wrong then, cold fusion is not a thing in the world, fallout 4 itself directly states it as the institute was working to create it but couldn't get it working. Fusion cells seen in the series use traditional fusion but condensed to the size of a 9V.

Fallout 4 states a lot of things, buddy.

And it's specifically the game we are discussing, old lore had it in as the GECK manual states it uses cold fusion but you know bethesda.

>traditional fusion

Aka the fusion that occurs at high temperatures. Obviously the mf cells are not running constantly, then.

These look so damn good, makes me want to drink one. I always try to save them up when I get them in-game too.

am I wrong for liking the rocket bottles? They're cool looking and unique. Also look like they hold more cola.

It's the game being discussed in the context of it being unfriendly to the lore of the series. It's already almost entirely written off because of all the inconsistences it contains. Therefore everything it states is doubtful. You can't just read a newspaper article about something outrageously false and then go back to trusting the newspaper on the next article.

What do they all taste like?

Attached: nuka_cola.jpg (793x359, 64K)

Am I wrong for spoilering my text for no reason at all?

Attached: maidchan_ep01_01_0.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Well the nuka dark rum stuff that Bethesda made tasted like shit, if that helps you.

Cola, but better. Cola is already good, so it doesn't really matter, they're all refreshing. Except they're generally not in fridges and warm. What the fuck. I like to keep my immersion simple though.

Fuck off that game is an unbalanced mess.

Is there a mod that fixes Vault 88's retarded flaws?

Attached: vaulttec.jpg (1511x1952, 1.42M)

A retard must have typed this up, or something??

As I understand, Chris felt the NCR killed off story potential too much by creating too much stability and civilization in the wasteland while forgetting his own assertion that Fallout is supposed a post-post apocalyptic game. So he wanted the NCR gone for good.

That said, I almost feel like it was a mistake of even Fallout 1 to start "80 years after the bombs" since too much would have been rebuilt by that time, and clearly had.

if I were asked to do the Fallout series, rebooted it'd basically be:

>Fallout 1, 3, 4, and 76 set 25-50 years after the bombs dropped
Basically enough time for the old world to have been largely washed away but many would hold ever-fainter memories.

>Fallout: NV = 65 years post war
The NCR is growing and getting stronger, major governments and powers are dividing up the wasteland and making something more of it, and simple jobs like a courier is a adventurous but reasonably safe for the skilled and prepared.

>Fallout 2 = 100 years post war
The last power of the old world has risen up to challenge and destroy everything everyone has worked for to create in the wasteland. The NCR has nearly made peace for the western states, on the east there's tales of unifying East coast with both sides in communication and hopes for a confederacy, and at last, peace. These are the end of the days of the wasteland, no matter how things go, the apocalypse will be truly behind the world and a new, fully fledged civilization will replace what had come before.

At least, personally, that's how I sort of view things, any future games would just be set during concurrent or close times in distant places if you want to maintain the adventure. But the Fallout 2 epilogue made me think the series was supposed to end there.

Attached: 1448500005907.png (1920x1080, 189K)

What improvements did 76 add to the gameplay? If it didn't add anything, did it at least bring back skills and stuff like different ammo types for weapons?

Seeing how butt fuckingly stretched out the supply lines were which they kept telling the Courier it's not hard to believe that there were actually barely 20 people holding the fort at Camp McCaran at any given time while the main force was busy wiping their asses with sandpaper at Hoover Dam.

Actually, there is a pretty big theory that if humanity was nuked back to the stone age, its very likely we would never reach the levels we have now because we have mined out all the Earth's rare minerals that are remotely near the surface, these minerals needed to make the advanced electronics we have now which we use to reach the deposits of rarer materials deeper in the Earth. It becomes something of a catch 22 situation because we need those elements to make the machines needed to reach those elements.

>did it at least bring back skills
Skills were never removed, they were just changed in how they were presented.
>and stuff like different ammo types for weapons?
Given how butt fuckingly useless they were in NV... no.

Never thought I'd see such a blind fanboy for 76 here.

I never defended 76 m8.

But there would also be fuck loads of equipment and books left over.

Yeah, but we could still salvage a decent amount of materials from the ruins of civilization. Wreckage mining would replace standard ground mining. Yeah, we'd be screwed with fuels, but metals would be plentiful. I assume some old world solar/wind/whatever would survive. Also, aren't people using kitchen grease as fuel now? Keep that up.

You did though. You're also a dumbass for saying skills weren't removed. Ditto for saying ammo types were useless in NV.

>You did though.
I did so such thing m8.

>. You're also a dumbass for saying skills weren't removed.
They weren't, they were just converted into tiered perks that more accurately reflected how they worked in Fo3 and NV to begin with.

>Ditto for saying ammo types were useless in NV.
They were though. Josh Sawyer even admitted they were. Ammo types in NV were worthless because the DT armor system was so broken in the way it did damage calculation that punching through armor meant jack since armor didn't do shit anyways

what the fuck do you mean canon
every game has a fuck ton of endings

It's a really terrible bottle design.

>completely convex except right at the neck, making it easy to accidentally drop when covered in condensation
>fins give it an unnecessarily wide base, meaning fewer can fit into a shipping crate at once
>fins are too thin to actually contain liquid, they're just extra unnecessary glass that increases material costs as well as shipping costs due to added weight

The only upside is that the wide base makes it harder to tip over.

Attached: C3F0924CA01F4B5BACB0DF8F0A77893A.jpg (625x626, 30K)

You did.

They were removed and turned into generic perks, rather than being values that adjusted your proficiency while also granting access to perks that weren't simple damage buffs.

Hollowpoint and AP ammo absolutely shined in NV when used against the right enemies. Cazadors drop like the flies they are if you can get your 9mm loaded with hollowpoints, because they have no DT. I've always been about to kill robots easier with AP ammo, because robots have a ton of DT

Josh never said it didn't work. He would have renoved them entirely in his mod if they didn't, instead of make it function as actual armor that applies flat reductions with no 80% trickle damage.

>glass
Hee hoo haha very funny. That shit was made of plastic and a complete scam to any retards dumb enough to fall for Todd Howard and his lies after all these years of him obviously not giving a fuck.

That said, I'll still be getting Starfield. Todd is just so charming. I'll buy anything he sells.

I want to mix them

Attached: 1557600755928.jpg (728x729, 200K)

Last time I got fucking 9gag come on.

>You did.
I never said one positive thing about 76
>They were removed and turned into generic perks, rather than being values that adjusted your proficiency while also granting access to perks that weren't simple damage buffs.
Perks adjust proficiency you idiot. And the weapon/skill perks in Fo4 do more then just give damage buffs. They integrated perks like light step, and silent running, inot the sneak perk tiers, and perks like shotgun surgeon, but made actually useful, into the rifleman perk. The unarmed perk got paralyzing palm, etc. etc.
>Hollowpoint and AP ammo absolutely shined in NV when used against the right enemies
Nope. Due to the way the DT armor system worked, you go go from 18 DT(the DT rating of the best light armor in the game) to 36 DT(the DT rating of the best heavy armor in the game) and you would take the exact same amount of hits to die from something like the 10mm, since damage reduction was capped at 80%, and even at the max health possible you could only survive one more hit from an end game weapon like the anti-material rifle. Ammo that punched through armor did nothing because armor did nothing in NV.
>instead of make it function as actual armor that applies flat reductions with no 80% trickle damage.
All his mod did was give medium and heavy armor some DR to make them actually reduce more damage then light armor did since the DT armor system was so broken in NV that they didn't. It did nothign to fix how utterly shit and useless alt ammo types were

All i ask is that you don't preorder it and wait for gameplay videos before giving Todd any more of your hard earned money. Todd and his sweet little lies are never to be trusted, you are in an abusive relationship and this is an intervention user.

Attached: 1565813073457m.jpg (1024x725, 94K)

In other words, they removed skills and made something like Sneak, with all its associated perks, be someting you acquire by putting 5 perk points into the sneaking perk.

>with all its associated perks
Nope. Things like Ninja, and Mr Sandman, are thier own separate perks, each with multiple ranks to boot.

You... aren't very good at this.

The highest DT is more like 56 with the remnants armor plus all the DT perks you can get. And if armor can block a round, then it blocks a round and that's better than it blacking everything equally like it would in FO3 or 4. I know for a fact that it takes more ammo to kill high DT enemies if you aren't using AP. You act like surving a couple more rounds from something as powerful as the AM rifle is nothing, but that weapon does a huge amount of damage and being able to survive an extra 2 rounds from it is significant.

Then there's the way DT affects shotguns. Shotguns are OP as fuck in FO3 and 4 because the DR system doesn't do shit to stop DPS. In NV, shotguns need to use slugs to penetrate minor DT because of how the damage is divided into multiple pellets. The way that DT makes you pick your gun and ammo is far better than how DR works, which just makes you pick the highest DPS gun everytime.

>walking around Boston
>stumble upon some kind of OBVIOUSLY PRE-WAR military checkpoint
>there is a partial APA set just standing there
Everything is pre-war. Nothing gets invented. Nothing new is made.
Chris Avellone correcting Jet inconsistencies? He's literally who and non-canon anyway.
They had had better writing in X-02 Creation Club DLC I pirated. Some Enclave traitor brought it there and played a superhero a little bit

Old bottle wasn't very retro-futuristic. Bethesda invented retro-futurism.

fallout 76 is fun c:

>hen it blocks a round and that's better than it blacking everything equally like it would in FO3 or 4.
Nope, its actually far worse. The problem with DT is that it has no curve, once you hit a certain point getting better armor is pointless, especially since medium and heavy armor cost more to repair, take up a lot more inventory space, and slow movement speed by up to 20%.

DR on the other hand has a constant, and consistent, curve, meaning getting higher DR always mean getting more damage negated, which means getting PA in Fo3 is a lot more worthwhile then in NV. This is why Sawyer gave medium and heavy armors DR in his personal mods.

DT is a vastly inferior system that makes getting what is supposed to be better armor actually do more harm to your character then good, while DR does the opposite.

Fallout 4's system is even better then Fallout 3's because, instead of a straight %, it uses a complex system of ratios that make it significantly harder to reach maximum damage negation compared to Fo3.

>Not in game
>Doesn't count
>Is in game
>Still doesn't count

Yes... Yes I am, fanboy. There's no character building in FO4. It turned the series into borderlands. Pick a perk to do more damage, instead of levelling a skill to increase proficiency and then picking a perk. Where are the flavour perks in FO4? There's no perk that increases your dialogue options and enhances role-playing. Just perks that make you more likely to pass checks that are there regardless.

Dabs on himself, very nice.

Attached: 1568875284163.gif (746x479, 196K)

> Where are the flavour perks in FO4?
Pain Train, Nerd Rage, Mr Sandman, cannibal, etc. etc.
>There's no perk that increases your dialogue options and enhances role-playing.
That... has nothing to do with roleplaying you fucking moron.

Here's the problem with DT that you keep missing, retard.

>gun A does 100 damage once every 10 seconds
>gun B does 10 damage every second
>enemy has 10% dr

Both guns will do 90 damage over 10 seconds. You don't have to think about your weapon at all. DR affects DPS in a flat manner.

Now imagine the same thing, except the enemy has 10 DT. Gun A will do 90 damage and gun B will do 20 damage. This is much closer to how you expect low power and high power weapons to react to armor.

This is why DT is so much better and why DR is retarded. I can see why a brainlet might prefer it simply because it is easier for him to understand, though.

Oh yeah fins on a soda bottle are so hard in a completely different universe where radiation doesn't actually kill organic matter but instead mutates it.

The biggest stretch was suspending my disbelief on rocket fins rather than 200yo zombies that don't have to consume to survive.

>Pain train

You damage people by sprinting into them. No dialogue options.

>nerd rage
You get some buffs at low health. Not even a thing to role play about. Ditto for the other perks. They're just gameplay functions. In NV being a cannible had dialogue choices. So many perks did. You have no idea what role playing even is if don't see how not having dialogue related to your perk choices is a main part of it.

>That... has nothing to do with roleplaying you fucking moron.
>more dialog options
>nothing to do with roleplaying
FO5 gun b grate

Attached: spontaneo_bullshit.jpg (600x547, 72K)

>his is much closer to how you expect low power and high power weapons to react to armor.
This ignores that DT has a cap of 80% damage negated, which means that its piss easy to make pretty much all low end weapons reach their damage cap with basic armor, and when it comes to end game weapons like the AMR do so much damage that negating 18 more points of damage means jack shit.

Gameplay is more important then realism, and DT, in gameplay, makes medium and heavy armors worthless. Something even Sawyer admitted to hence why he put DR on medium and heavy armors on his mod.

You argument also ignores show DR works in Fo4 on a system of ratios, so your "same DPS" argument is wrong anyways.

>>There's no perk that increases your dialogue options and enhances role-playing.
>That... has nothing to do with roleplaying you fucking moron.

Attached: 1543572350791.jpg (720x699, 313K)

He's right. There's absolutely 0 explorative content in any of these fallout games.

Found the low-IQ faggot

>You have no idea what role playing even is if don't see how not having dialogue related to your perk choices is a main part of it.
Roleplaying, by definition, is playing a role in an narrative and getting to make choices within that narrative.

The classical RPG method of skill/stat checks in physical situations and conversations was just a means to facilities gameplay in games that lacked the graphical and technological means to do things any other way.
-You needed things like a perception check to spot traps and hidden buttons in something like Baldur's Gate because graphics were so muddy,and resolutions so low, that you couldn't be expected to reasonbly pick them out. In modern games, where graphics have vastly improved, this is no longer necessary because you CAN just model and place traps and hidden buttons, and expect the player to be able to find them.
-This is true of actions like lockpicking and hacking, which we can now just do via mini-games. Sneaking which was so primitive in older games it could only account for line of sight, but in newer games can account for things like light levels, movement speed, armor weight/noise level. And tons of other actions.

This is even true of situations like how Guilds are handled between Morrowind and Skyrim. In Morrowind, the NPCs just broke the 4th wall and read your character sheet because the game was too primitive to actually provide you with some or of test for your skills. In Skyrim, Brynolf doesn't just read your stat sheet, instead he asks you to actually use your skills to accomplish sneaking up behind someone, pickpocketing a key out of their inventory, using to to unlock his stall, and then stealing from his stall, without being noticed.

Skill checks were never the point of RPGs, they were just a crutch used to abstract complex actions that otherwise couldn't be done directly in-game, which is why modern RPGs generally lack skill/stat checks outside of some sort (cont)

which is why modern RPGs generally lack skill/stat checks outside of some sort of generic speech check/enhancer, because speech is the one action that is still too complex to directly do in-ganme.

Even long time industry vets like Josh Sawyer have called out this idiotic classical mindset as a problem, and pointed to Bethesda games as a good example of how RPGs can evolve into something new.

Keep in mind: Once this thread dies, another will be erected instantly in it's place.

vg247.com/2018/04/21/rpg-players-resistant-to-change-says-obsidian/
>Josh Sawyer, design director at Pillars of Eternity and Fallout: New Vegas developer Obsidian, would like to see the RPG genre evolve radically beyond its current state.
>Stats and combat systems shouldn’t define the role-playing game, said Sawyer, although he admitted he has been complicit in creating games that stick to an accepted template.
>“The hardcore RPG audience is very traditional,” said Sawyer at Reboot Develop this week, discussing the evolution of genres.
>“Fans tend to skew towards the more hardcore cases and they tend to be fairly resistant to change. I don’t want to paint too broad of a stroke there but RPGs can be a lot more than we have done with them so far. There’s much more than we can do and its much more radical.
>"I’m also contributing to the problem,” he added. “Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 are very traditional role playing games. But the genre can go in a number of different directions it’s just a matter of framing the project size and things that meet up in the same place.”
>For Sawyer, role-playing games are defined by the player’s ability to alter the storyline of the game through his or her actions, rather than the amount of stat tweaking or hit points a player delivers in combat.
>He pointed to Bethesda’s success with Fallout and The Elder Scrolls games as examples of a developer taking role-playing games in a different direction.
>“The traditionalists probably get angry about this stuff, but Bethesda’s RPGs are very different from isometric RPGs.
>“They’re much more action orientated, much more focused on the immersive experience. That shows there’s more room for RPGs to grow than just to be what they were 20 years ago. It’s really a matter of finding an audience that matches up with that,” he added.

There's no cell memory on a fusion core bro. You read too much reddit

>the Nuka-Cola bottle has its label glued from the inside
That's weird, unsanitary and butt-ugly

>its easy to make pretty much all low end weapons reach their damage cap with basic armor,

You keep acting like this is a problem, but it's the opposite. Who thinks (besides bethesda) that it's a good idea for a pea shooter to ever be effective against heavy armor? Low power, high DPS guns in NV are ideal for low DT enemies like basic NPCs and Cazadors. There are also ammo options for reducing DT, so you have some room to push your guns above their tiers. The assualt rifle is a great unique weapon in this regard in that it does low damage with a huge DT reduction.

Then you have the heavy hitting guns that work best on high DT enemies. They aren't so great for groups low HP enemies because you are usually wasting your potential damage on them and don't have optimal DPS.

Having weapons that work better on some enemies than others is not s bad thing, but a good thing. It's better than getting one high DPS gun and steamrolling everything, like the combat shotgun in FO3 and 4 does. It encourages planning and building your character in unique ways. I'd much rather have to pick my weapon and ammo to fight a sentry bot or swarm of mooks than just sticking with whichever gun is the highest in DPS.

Why are you going off on some retarded skill checks tangent when the point was that having dialogue associated with your perk choices enhances role-playing? There's no skill check for Confirmed Bachelor. You get dialogue choices that otherwise aren't there for having the perk.

>You keep acting like this is a problem,
It is, especially since most enemies in the wasteland should really only have these kind of low end weapons, thus meaning its piss easy to reach a point where you are effectively a god against most enemies. A problem Fo1 and Fo2 had.

You are basically advocating for a system designed around having no challenge, and just making the player neigh invulnerable to most enemies, even fairly early in the game. That is shit gameplay balance 101. It also kills role play since it just encourages using something like the AMR, and nothing else, since why wouldn't you if armor means jack shit.

It doesn't ignore that 80% cap or else gun B wouldn't be doing 20 damage instead of 90. The scenario works with the DT system as is and explains why it's better at showcasing the way armor tends to stop bullets outright when strong enough.

No the game is not fine it's awful, however arguing over a fucking bottle is pretty autistic

>story's writing is dogshit but what modern bethesda game doesn't have that problem
"If we just lower our standards, then things are fine."
Worked for Challenger.

>these low end weapons

You seem to have no idea how weapon balancing is done. You can have a rusty 9mm SMG and a shoddy hunting rifle do the same DPS with one being high rate of fire/low damage per shot and the other being low rate of fire/high damage pershot. Both are low end weapons with one being good at shredding a low armor weapon and the other being good at can opening. It was not a problem. You keep making that up as if you never had mixed encounters in those games.

>There's no skill check for Confirmed Bachelor. You get dialogue choices that otherwise aren't there for having the perk.
>There is no skill check
>its literally a skill check like all the others on the dialog menu.
You are retarded aren't you?

Beyond that, its because it doesn't really make sense. Why do you need a perk, which are largely treated like magic powers, to be gay? why don't you just make your character gay by picking gay dialog options and flirting with same sex NPCs like in Fallout 4?

Same thing with like the cannibal perk. In FONV you NEED the cannibal perk to pass the cannibal perk check to show Mortimer you really are a cannibal. But if you already know Moritmer is a cannibal, and your speech is 100, why can't you just lie about being a cannibal and use your godly speech skills which can convince everyone else of everything else in any other situation here?

Or in Honest Hearts how you need to Snearing Imperialist Perk to treat Salt-OnWounds with some rasict comment. Why do I need a perk to be racist... why can't I just be racist? Is racism a magic power now?

The problem with most of these dialog based perk options is that they shouldn't realistically require the perks in question to be able to make that comment/prove that you have that bit of knowledge. They were just something devs threw in to artificially inflate how "meaningful" you character choices were in situations where, realistically, they wouldn't matter, but players are egomanics who need their dicks sucked every 30 minutes regardless of if they deserve it or not.

Most devs have generally grown up past this kind of childish game design though, which is why you can just do/say things anyone can do, rather then needing a magic perk power to do something anyone can normally do.

The US basically monopolized the world's oil and international trade died.
No one was doing well in the prewar era.
The bombs could only make things worse, even if a country wasn't directly hit.

Boring trash

You sound like you're forcing yourself to say this. As if you're in debate mode and have to say whatever shit you can think of to avoid humiliation, but end up sounding retarded specifically because of the things you say.

>Can't actually counter the points made
>strawmans and ad hominems

You're just spewing out shit and false axioms. There's no point in wasting more time on you than what it takes to call you out.

Fuck Obsidian, fuck roleplaying and fuck Fallout lore, Fallout 4 is fun deal with it.

Cringe.

Attached: retardo alerto.jpg (200x179, 14K)

funny enough that has a higher review rating than 76 does

WhT?

hell in mad max 3 they use the methane from pig shit as fuel

cringe