Old and forgotten

old and forgotten

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rrk8Ld5ms-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It really is made obsolete by Smash Ultimate. A few things, like Pit's Final Smash, are way better in 4, but as a whole Ultimate seems like a much better investment.

Well duh, the only advantage over ultimate is the superior ZSS model.

They literally made a whole Smash game just to advertise Fire Emblem to the west.
They succeeded.
And now we have Ultimate, which is the complete version of the fucking DEMO that Smash 4 is.

it had a better online than ultimate

Member when people complained about balloon knockback?

Attached: Spot the issue.webm (640x360, 803K)

smash board when?

Smash 4 Ganons were actual chads, ultimate ganons are pussies

Attached: Ganondorf_SSB4.png (500x500, 267K)

>three fire emblem newcomers, one being paid dlc and another returning
disgusting

>ultimate didn't let ganon's alts be split between ocarinadorf and twilightdorf
unless there were drastic skeletal differences between the two models this was a big let down.

Still feels kinda weird when I swap back to melee or Slap and knock-back speeds I am used to surviving in Ultimate kill you

>epic disrespect man
lmao no

Good for its time. But that era is over.

I still think it looks dumb and I see no benefit.

More like Tr4sh for its time. The only reason people defended it is because it was the newest one and Nintendo can do no wrong. Now that Ultimate is out and is actually decent the fanboys are no longer afraid to criticize Tr4sh.

I miss client side music.

i miss captain dashgrab

How did they manage to make the online worse in ultimate
Seriously, how do you fuck that up

*Up-Smashes you*

Attached: malleo.png (1200x1200, 1.01M)

mobile console that moves around more and is more likely to be used in places with bad internet

>confine the good classic mode and Smash Run the handheld
3DS was a mistake.

Attached: 1529556259904.png (315x367, 27K)

DK’sinthisisgonnabebananas

Attached: FBB2060E-88A8-4399-9B50-6E974DDDD72A.gif (569x320, 1.62M)

can't wait for when smash gets rebooted on the next console and the same shit eaters that played brawl, then shat on it when it became obsolete to go play tr4sh, then shat on it to go play ultimate, shit on ultimate to play whatever schlock sakurai drags out of his asshole next.

there IS a cut

Uh oh Mario don’t rip those overalls

mario and peach together
me and gina together

that's him bros

Attached: steve harrington.png (1069x598, 866K)

Faster paced matches, its meaningless at the end of the day since it gives your opponent like 2 less seconds to plan shit out

Is it me or does steve harrington kinda look like matt smith from doctor who

ultimate is the last of it's line with a couple more dlc sets. before that even ends sakurai announces "smash rpg" and the cycle starts again.

Well Ganondorfs upper body in Ultimate is very slightly less buff

Like Meleefags, I’m sticking with this one. Ultimate is pretty much my dream game, so I’m set

*up-air*

Attached: 1200px-Cloud_SSB4.png (1200x1200, 679K)

>Sakurai decides this is his last Smash game for good
>Someone becomes the new director of Smash
>Smash gets even worse
Screencap this

Attached: akuma-by-edayan-2001-revival.png (1166x1016, 911K)

Why does cloud look better in smash bros than he does in the remake

Every guest star looks better than they do in their sequels/remakes (except Bayo, she’s still fine)

It's a good mix of nu-cloud and oldschool cloud, still mad that they didn't give him a Zack alt though

3DS version is still fun though.

Attached: 1567919843448.jpg (600x360, 156K)

I'm surprised they even bothered adding Patches to this one, though I guess it isnt that much extra work

>can still find matches online
it's amazing
too bad it killed sfiv

youtube.com/watch?v=rrk8Ld5ms-k
You know it’s dull when your FD theme sounds too similar to your menu theme; pitch, octave and all

The stages in this version shit all over the Wii U version's stages, that's for sure.

I miss Smash 4 Cloud, but nothing else. Ultimate is far better than that game was.

Went back and watched a match of 4 recently. All the air dodging hurt my soul

Only one reason alone.

Attached: saki.jpg (1024x576, 202K)

Legacy XP/Smash Bros. CE has a fucking Brawl Ganondorf, OoT Ganondorf, and Pig Ganondorf for regular Ganondorf. Mage Ganondorf gets an OoT Ganondorf and a Phantom Ganon. All with like six colors each. There's no excuse.

Attached: rekt-mage-ganondorf_1_orig.png (640x480, 375K)

Twilight Ganon will always be the biggest pile of shit. Sorry your character sucks and isn't fun to play. Best thing you had going for you was actually killing the enemy with an offstage side B instead of the way it works in Ultimate. Other than that Twilight Ganon sucks balls and can burn in hell forever.

I still hit up Smash Run from the 3DS version from time to time. That they didn't a make full fledged multiplayer arena out of it for Ultimate is a crime; I mean, they even had the perfect music (Kirby Air Ride Trial remix) and everything.

>objectively better stages
>Smash Run instead of Smash Tour
>Classic mode that isn't an awful clusterfuck
it took me a bit to realize just how much of an absolute joke wii u is compared to 3ds
event matches and a bigger music selection are the only things wii u has going for it

For years, shitters tried to defend this game.

Where did they go?

This is undeniably true tho

4 had event matches, better stadium modes and single-player experience altogether, Smash Run, and trophies.

Ultimate has best gameplay and roster but 4 had more stuff to do. Take Spirit Mode out of Ultimate and it's really barebones.

>single-player experience altogether
The 3DS maybe, but the WiiU version has the worst solo content of all Smash.

>4 had event matches, better stadium modes and single-player experience altogether
Brawl beats 4 in terms of SP, though. Subspace is kino and the events in Brawl were better than in 4.

Attached: Ssbb-box-cover-1-.jpg (920x1100, 218K)

And yet, less cancerous than Ultimate.

>Subspace is kino
when's the last time you've played through it

Attached: 1566792687859.jpg (258x234, 5K)

>on a US cover filled with angry looking people Kirby isn't angry

Attached: 1561566329709m.jpg (1024x719, 186K)

SSE was ass

I miss:
>Falcon in this game
>Sheik in this game
>Marth's tipper actually existing
>Perfect pivots
may be missing a few others
my nigger. other than looking prettier and being used for tournaments the Wii U version is shit.

A few months before Ultimate came out. The levels aren't that great on their own, but the Great Maze is actually fun and it's a hell of a lot better than Melee's Adventure Mode, Ultimate's WoL, and the lack of one in 4.

It had some good qualties; like some of the newcomers, custom moves, smash run, Zero Suit Samus model, and that's it.

because Sakurai is unironically based when it comes to redesigning character. Not including Bowser of course, he's been drained of any and all character just to become a shitty godzilla.

Conceptually the Great Maze was a fun idea, but they stuck it at the end of an already decently long mode and used all the same bland, boring environments from previous levels just with different layouts, which kind of soured it. If there were a Great Maze-style mode that had areas that actually represent the various franchises in Smash and enemies that weren't just made up, that'd be great.

i kinda miss vanilla 3ds
>vectoring/wectoring
>yoshi egg teleport
>every shitter complaining about little mac being broken
>marthcina being trash
>getting banned for using Peach
>getting banned for 136 years
>no cancerous DLC fuckers like Cloud, Bayo or Corrin
Not to mention all the desperate fucks looking for special demo codes

Attached: 1544760545753.jpg (605x581, 77K)

I honestly don't get what was so bad about vectoring, it feels like it could have made combos more interesting.
The only thing I would have done was have it affect hitstun.