No fucking around, What would you think about Doomguy being in Smash...

No fucking around, What would you think about Doomguy being in Smash? He certainly deserves it considering how iconic Doom has been to gaming as a whole and there have been more than enough Doom games on Nintendo consoles to justify it.

How would you want him to play?
What do you think his chances are?
How would you feel if he was included?
Any moves you would specifically want him to have?

Attached: B1134B93-D6B2-44C5-B846-67F20677EBD9.png (220x352, 102K)

It’d be interesting. Although a FPS rep in Smash could work, Doom Guy might be a bit too violent.

Boring and not bringing anything new aside form maybe some fun grab game with the whole rip and tear shit.
Would rather have another shooting genre character like Master Chief, even if they wouldn't bring anything new to the table either tbch
Not gonna deny Doomguy's chances tho, I'd probably be a bit hype just because of the music he'd bring

Attached: Captura de pantalla 2017-10-03 a las 10.02.49 a.m..png (405x405, 220K)

It’d be a great tie in to Doom Eternal.

Not gonna happen.

It would be amusing, but I go to Doom for the first person shooting. I dunno, it'd be a neat novelty and Sakurai could probably make him work, but I don't think i'd like to run that in Smash. All his Specials would probably be different guns, but I can't see that being too fun when characters like Mega Man are mostly projectiles and not very good.

>How would you want him to play?
Kinda like a Snake/Ganondorf hybrid
>What do you think his chances are?
Extremely high, like 90%
>How would you feel if he was included?
Ecstatic, chair jumping Etika level reaction. I don't have much else to live for, Smash is my sanctuary.
>Any moves you would specifically want him to have?
The BFG has to be a Final Smash.

Ahahahahaha.
Ohohohohoho.
Doomfags, you're pitiful.
This, is your pick? This FAILURE is your pick?

Attached: 1490468085974.png (293x343, 155K)

doom guy and doom slayer are different characters aesthetically zoomer. what you posted is slayer.

Attached: doom guy setup.png (758x514, 646K)

Allow me to answer, since the faggots above just come here to tell you it's not happening, while preaching about their char and not be told otherwise...

If Doom Slayer gets in, it would be make the West fucking explode... There's a niche popularity on the East, but it's there, and the game is also being promoted over there, so they may have an idea what Doom is, but have never played it.

Doom Slayer could be a much needed zoner, maybe Heavy Weight, using his thruster boots for recovery... Maybe using the Ballista for an extra recovery move... His crucible Sword could be used for Smash Attacks at close range, but the endlag might be one of the worst in the game considering he excels at a range.

His gimmick could be the use of guns that deplete as you use them... (Like Banjo Kazooie's wonder feathers), and you recover an amount of ammo after dealing a certain amount of damage... The ammo is not recovered back once losing a stock, so your only way to get ammo is dealing damage...

I'd give him a 40%, now that the game allows even more DLC.

Sorry, guys... You just can't deny Doom Slayer's history and popularity for the West...

just call him some shit like the DOOM Marine and give him Slayer and Guy costumes with four colors each.

Yo, REfag, we are one and the same.
From CERO-Z games.
I would like to find out if the Eastern support will give you the pass over the Doomfags.

>we are one and the same.
Your games, and by extension, your fans, lack an all important factor.
Sex.

Attached: 1490160646672.png (500x375, 279K)

Have you played Bayonetta?

High impact zoner with really strong throws, but the attacks don't linger and control the stage nearly as oppressively as Snake's. Fast run speed. Much lighter than he looks and while he has a good double jump he has a shit up b for recovery and is easily gimped.
0 for the fighters pass. Not impossible for post-fighters pass
Very pleased
Weapon wheel down special that changes neutral special and smash attack properties

Frankly I'm fine with a character not being too gimmicky. All Banjo has is a super armor side special that's limited in use, all Ridley has is a down special with a sweetspot, and they're the most fun newcomers for me.

Slow projectile user.
>Chances
50/50. His identity is in blood and guts and even though we have Joker, a shotgun in Smash just might be too real.
>How would you feel if he was included.
It'd be bittersweet. I'd love to have him in, Doom is one of my favorite games ever. But he's the last character I have hopes for. If he's in then I have nothing to look forward to anymore in terms of new Smash additions.
>Any moves you want him to have?
Attacks fill up a meter that gives you BFG ammo that functions like Cloud's charged sword beam.
Berserker is his final smash.

>Doomguy
>Slow
Y-Yamero, Sakurai-san!

Won't happen. It would cause an outrage to have a Nintendo game associated with Columbine.

Not my problem if you contract AIDS, Chlamydia or Herpes.
Glad our Doom Slayer is a virgin disease-free over the potential slow death of a sexual contracted disease.

So really we are different, after all, lmao.

Let's stop using planes. That caused 9/11, after all.

Attached: thumb.jpg (600x432, 31K)

What's that? It sounds like you're whimpering.

Attached: 1547775580336.png (460x452, 202K)

Faggot zoomer

Me? Nah... Just spitting facts.

Up to you if you wanna listen to them, since your char is getting thrown as much flak as us...

Weren't you the guy that punched a boulder? Lmao.

Punched a boulder and won. Then proceeded to kill a man loaded on steroids.
Here's a list of Chris victories btw
>psychological victory over incel who proceeded to an hero (RE1)
>played 4D Chess with literally everybody he knew just for fun (RE2, 3 and CVX)
>trained his sister to bully a tranny into suicide (CVX)
>let a twink die (CVX)
>killed Stacy (CVX)
>beat up the incel from the first game again despite him taking roids for over a decade in preparation and their fight being in the middle of a volcano (RE5)
>also killed all his friends (RE5)
>killed a huge fetus (RE6)
>killed another incel (RE7)
>will kill a loli (RE8/REv3)

Attached: RESIDENT EVIL5_20170225064746.jpg (1920x1080, 288K)

>not bringing anything new
he's a fucking FPS character. A character that is even more of a gunner than megaman would be incredibly new and unique.

He's also not just "an" FPS character, but sits next to Ranger and Blazkowicz as the codifier of the entire genre. And is the most popular and well-known of the trio to boot. There's no one in Smash to represent the genre in any fashion, either, so that would make him a unique case.

well, I mean, Inkling already does rep a very similar genre, being TPS, but I still agree that he'd be incredibly unique. Lets just hope that if sakurai ever adds Doomguy, that he won't go the Inkling route and just relegate his guns to his Standard Special. He's a gunner in its purest form. Make his jab gunfire, like megaman, make his smash attacks gunfire (or maybe just the crucible since he could easily just steal ganondorf's smashs), make the specials other shit, like his varied grenades, weapon wheel that changes the gun he uses for all his other attacks like the user earlier said, and some other shit like the meat hook maybe, etc.

Attached: Doom Skateternal.gif (500x361, 1.15M)

I like him and the series, but I doubt they can give him a moveset that does him justice while also not allowing him crush Isabelle's skull

I can see the Belmonts fighting demons in the moons of Mars

Nintendo does not give two fucking shits about America's problem.

Let's make running illegal, wasn't that what the victims of the Boston Marathon were doing when the terrorist attack happened?

>He certainly deserves it
Smash doesn't deserve Doomguy.

If I was Sakurai I would first wait for DOOM eternal to come out, since he has a lot of new cool abilities there to translate it into smash.

Fast ranged character that combines rushdown and zoning to replicate the movement-based focus of Doom's gameplay
65%, personally expecting Jill Valentine more but he has a good chance
Pretty happy, kinda heard not to be since this DLC's been good so far
Curbstomp down-throw, Gauss Cannon for Fair or Bair that pushes you back, and a chainsaw rekka for side-B where you can decide where to toss you foe away if the attack lands (like Isabelle's fishing rod)

Attached: 260.png (1200x1150, 1.03M)

>kinda heard
hard*

Either after Terry Gameplay in November or on the Game Awards, like Joker.

This.

They also don't associate their brand with toxic influence (GTA5).

Doomguy will never be in Smash. Why would you even want him? he's a shitty character choice.

Yeah, Doomguy would be perfectly tailored to being revealed at a Western show like The Game Awards.

That's your opinion.

GTA is not exactly DOOM in any way, so it makes no sense in comparing them.

GTA might come out for the Switch at some point, and also remember there was GTA: Chinatown Wars for Nintendo DS.

Again, your opinion. Doesn't mean you are correct.

Smash is a platforming party game, how the fuck do you put an FPS guy in a platforming game that is essentially 2D?

Attached: 1234567887654334.png (764x764, 700K)

Have him play like Samus and Ganondorf? Duh.

>Extremely high, like 90%

Seriously? What kind of restriction is this?
Just put him in like many others that seemed impossible to be put on...
What about Little Mac? You don't see him using his legs gameplay-wise in Punch-Out, yet we see the guy run around like nothing.

>just copy other characters lol
And you people call out characters like Crash or Geno for being boring.

I would prefer Master Chief and think he would make a larger impact, but Doomguy would be great for the music and stage alone.

He is not referring to that, moron.

He means make them work for Smash. Samus is easier since she is platformer, but what about Ganondorf? He is just a boss in a free-roam videogame, and that didn't stopped him from entering Smash.

How do you add characters who have never been playable prior to Smash like Ganondorf and Ridley? How do you add a character from a rail shooter? A racing game? Are you just invoking Cunningham’s law?

Nope. He's from an M rated game where the rating actually fucking means something. You'll have to settle for "Down B is a fart because 8 year old find it funny also sakurai secretly has braaap fetish as evidenced with wario"

Attached: BRRRRAAAAAPPPPPP.jpg (1080x598, 453K)

Yeah. It's not difficult to make it work. For fuck sake Sakurai made a fucking toy into a character.

Bayonetta. Snake. Joker.

I said where it actually fucking means something. Doom would traumatize a little kid. Persona is like Winnie the Pooh in comparison.

I think he deserves a spot based on the historical significance alone, and the stage and music he would bring would also be great additions.

But it's a bit hard to imagine since his most iconic moves/animations are shown in first person.

Leon Kennedy would be an infinitely cooler and better RE rep as he is the only actually likeable Resident Evil protagonist.

Doom 1 and 2 would traumatize?

Hohoho, I have to laugh at that shit... Hahaha!
Sure, a Pinky walking towards you will shit some kid's pants, or the most adorable Cacodemon would make a kid never sleep in his entire life...
You know... Those games, in the past, made children (whom pretty sure didn't give a damn about ratings) into fucking respectable human beings. (That is, if they don't have any mental issues before, just in case you bring that stupid Columbine shit, since the kids that did that pretty sure were bullied to insanity).
By the way, Doom 1 and Doom 2 are CERO-C and CERO-D respectively, so they are indeed mature, but just as mature as Bayonetta and Snake.

>Bayonetta sexually tortures and rips angels to shreds, blood and gore everywhere
>Doomguy shoots the fuck out of demons, blood and gore
I see no difference between the two. Violence and ratings are not holding Doomguy back.

Have you played Bayonetta

Your point is correct anf you're not wrong, but could you stop typing like a faggot?

It's kind of dumb providing arguments to these guys. They'll keep coming with their own made up rules, and Doomfags will constantly tear them a new asshole with facts.

From ALL the other prospect characters, Doomguy is the one that gets the most flak. But hey... Inevitability makes him a target ;)

I can, as long as you tell me how not to type like a faggot, you've got a deal.

Dude Cacodemons are adorable.

Personally I don't think he'll get in but at the same time November is likely going to be the month that the final DLC guest character is announced given that they've spaced out each of these characters a couple months apart recently, and the only relevant games involving Nintendo stuff that month are Doom Eternal's release and Pokemon Sword and Shield. If there's any opportunity for any version of anything DOOM to get in, even as a Mii Gunner costume with music attached ala Sans, it's then.

Fun fact: That artwork is from a Japanese fangirl.

Attached: wmIbDQn.png (1024x550, 745K)

I think that doomguy has a solid shot at the 2nd round of dlc fighters, but I'm thinking of crash as the 5th DLC fighter.
>crash always has a prescience at the VGAS
>established that dlc fighters can appear at the VGAS
>nothing rumored or leaked about a new crash game.

I’m not confident about his inclusion but I don’t see any barriers to entry.

Ellipsis makes you sound 12, and typing out laughing is pure inane retardation. Parentheses should be used for short footnotes of info, not new sentences entirely.
You also didn't tell him to cope, seethe, have sex, or dilate. Not necessarily mandatory, but doing so definitely helps you fit in here in our secret club Yea Forums - Video Games.
Have a nice day user.

Crash is #6 or #7.

I do have hope, but I'd be honest I'd be a bit mad if he ends up as a costume.

Even then, Doomfags should easily accept whichever fate they end up with.

Before Terry was announced (before more DLC), Doomfag forums somewhere else were getting worried about their chances, and they were already wishing others good luck, since Doom Slayer might not get in. I also was wishing them good-bye in case that Direct announced 4# and 5#.

But that "more DLC" announcement raised hopes up, even for a little longer.

Yes, I agree. If it's not this year, it's probably never, I'm afraid. Year of DOOM, remember.

Attached: Nvg21aY.png (197x190, 54K)

Just throwing this out there, it's not just the 25th anniversary of Doom, but also the 15th anniversary of Ninja Gaiden. If you want my honest opinion I see both Doom Slayer and Ryu Hayabusa as very likely reps. Doom Slayer being #5 or #6.

Discord trannies were really desperate to turn us into boogiemen for a minute there. Kept linking the same fucking twitter schizo.

Ummm, I'm a bit out of the loop with what you said. Maybe some insight, please?

Not too explosives heavy, I'd prefer it if he's more of a Samus than a Snake
33%
He was my most wanted up until very recently, so I'd be overjoyed
I hope they don't leave out the super shotgun

Oh, wow! Is that so?

Well, one of us is gonna make the cut for Fighter Pass 1 and the other is gonna wait.

Ryu Hayabusa being an Eastern rep, and pretty much the well known character in Japan (There's a following in Japan for Doomguy, but I'm sure there's even more people following Ryu Hayabusa...

So, all I can say is to wish you luck and see who gets in.

Same here bud.

>Terry comes out in November
>Doom Eternal and Doom 64 comes out on the 22nd
The timing is too good but no guarantees

Attached: 1567293394477.png (441x430, 204K)

as long as one of his victory animations is the first person UI from the original doom looking around, and then the camera zooms out of his helmet, showing him cocking his shotgun, ill be happy

Attached: Doomguy and Reimu.png (1332x860, 262K)

Imagine thinking Bayonetta is nearly as violent as Doom. Crushing somebody isn't as violent as ripping out their heart and shoving it down their neck

There was one Doomfag on twitter making vitriolic posts. For about 24 hours or so screencaps were spammed on Yea Forums as representative of doomfags. As usual the hivemind started kicking in and suddenly doomfags were the worst fanbase and toxic.

Doomfags quickly fired back pointing out cherrypicked posts that were getting samefagged replies in anti-Doom threads, grabbing more cordial twitter screencaps, and drawing attention to the largely ignored content comments regarding the possibility of Doomguy's exclusion.

you're missing the point though, violence isn't stopping anyone from getting into smash, just remove the blood and it's good to go.

Wow, was it a Doombro, though?

It could be a falseflagger wanting to bring the Doomfags down.

Even then, that is pretty fucking shit to do.

Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can find about that. If something still exists.

Nah it really was some autistic Doom/Splatoon kid from twitter. Total nobody if not for his spergy tweets.

Even then it was just one guy. That's barely even a fraction of the Doom fanbase.

Problem is that Doom Marine is the guy from Doom 3.

Doom 1-2 = Doomguy
Doom 3 = Doom Marine
Doom Resurrection of Evil = Doom Combat Engineer (Doomgineer)
Doom 4 = Doomguy turned into Doomslayer

Another great part of the drama was the Smashfags coming into Doom threads to cock things up after getting fired up by the shitposters, only to be told to fuck off. Only proving that Doomfags are people who actually give a fuck about their character and their series more than they care about their character in Smash.

I think that's something that's actually more commonly true about character fans than anti-Xfags would have you believe. For all the memeing about Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo, their fans all had every reason to love those characters' games.

The Marine is a universal term for both the 1/2/64 and 3 protagonists. He was a Marine in the original story stuff if I remember right. Doomguy is a fan nickname that mostly became even the dev slang term for the character to a degree, and became the fan's way of differentiating the two protags.

Who has better taste in games? Sony or Nintendo?
> 1. Ocarina of Time
> 2. A Link To the Past
> 3. Super Mario Galaxy
> 4. Final Fantasy VI
> 5. Super Mario World
> 6. Mega Man 2
> 7. Super Mario Bros 3
> 8. Super Metroid
> 9. The Wind Waker
> 10. Resident Evil 4
> 11. Breath of the Wild
> 12. The Legend of Zelda
> 13. Elite Beat Agents
> 14. Super Mario 64
> 15. Super Mario Galaxy 2

> 1. ICO
> 2. Shadow of the Colossus
> 3. Metal Gear Solid
> 4. Final Fantasy VII
> 5. God of War (2018)
> 6. Grand Theft Auto III
> 7. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
> 8. Heavy Rain
> 9. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
> 10. Bloodborne
> 11. Horizon Zero: Dawn
> 12. Okami
> 13. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
> 14. God of War III
> 15. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Halo guy is just a rip off of the doomguy though.

This post reeks of reddit

>Slow projectile user.
>Slow

Attached: 1403789224672.png (453x567, 110K)

Never played any Doom and thanks to you Doomfags probably never will.

Attached: 9ua6i0-fullview.png (1024x576, 587K)

I think it's an alright choice and I wouldn't complain but he's not really on my list. I also don't think he's making it. Every character even the "western" ones had some kind of Japanese support (see: Banjo). FPS games never do well in Japan and I don't see them being able to pull it off without real guns. No bayo/joker do not have real guns. Fucking stop.

Attached: 1536799875030.png (2226x2251, 1.71M)

Eh, just sit down and play some Doom 1 or 2 some time. It probably won't grip you the same way it gripped fans back in the day, but at least Doom roster posters aren't as bad as the rest of the garbage rosterfag shit that never fucking ends.

Well the series doesn't really have a bad game so you're kind of missing out. 2's level design is worse than 1's though, and while 4's mechanics are great it's brought down by a lack of variety as you get closer to the end.

>how the fuck do you put an FPS guy in a platforming game that is essentially 2D?
Doom 2016 had a bunch of platforming in it, as does Eternal.

Remove Doomguys gore and you are left with nothing.

People really asking this question like we don't have shit like Captain Falcon who basically exists as a portrait in a car select screen in F-Zero playable in Smash.

I don't want to stop. Joker for all intents and purposes has a real gun. His trailer does not even bother specifying that it's a model gun. CERO and the ESRB would not care if they were told it was a model gun. It functions as a real gun. Doomguy has sci-fi bullshit guns that look less realistic than it. The only exception being the super shotgun, and there is a shotgun alternative that's sci-fi. He also has explosives and plasma to rely upon, and we already know the former is a-okay. A puff of smoke effect similar to the ones already in the game, only not colored in, would work fine for his standard ammo weapons.

>Remove Doomguys gore and you are left with nothing.
I guess if your only experience with the franchise is Doom 2016. Otherwise Doomguy is just someone who runs fast and shoots big guns.

There is Japanese support, albeit niche to be honest... I'd be pleasantly surprised if the support is far more wide.
Some user posted a Japanese fanart above somewhere around here, which proves my point above.
Joker indeed uses a real gun and was still allowed to use it, and there are guns from Doom's arsenal that are futuristic enough to be considered family friendly.
Examples would be the Ballista, Plasma Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Gauss Rifle (Probably the downgrade to the Ballista), the basic Pistol, and as exception, the Super Shotgun as the ONLY real gun, which is signature for the Doom Slayer.
Look, if you are supporting some other character, do so freely, I'm pretty sure no one here is stopping you, but don't tell us not to support our character when no one tells you to stop.

>No bayo/joker do not have real guns. Fucking stop.
Joker's gun might as well be a real gun. It resembles a realistic gun and it's not like Smash tells players that he's not using a real gun every time he pulls it out.

Is 2016 your only experience with Doom? Also, even if that were the case
>Take away Ridley's size and you're left with nothing
>Take away Bayonetta's stripping and torture porn and you're left with nothing
>Take away Star Fox's arwing and you're left with nothing

Yeah the commentator straight up says "He uses a gun" like yeah this is no big deal. So why would be a big deal now with Doomguy?

Gore is the only thing that makes doomguy stand out from other generic mercenaries.
>Hur dur zoomer learn vidya history
Doom popularising fps games doesn't make the character of doomguy any less generic by modern standards. Why do you think they made him into le rip and tear man in the first place?
All of those examples are wrong.
Ridley is not a generic dragon without his size, Bayonetta is not a generic heroine without her raunchiness and fox isn't a generic pilot without his ship.

It also helps that if they go with the Slayer's arsenal they're very fictional-looking tubes and blasters and shit besides the heavy machine gun, compared to the Doomguy's hodge podge of photo-scanned weapons made from toys and Joker's shadow-world-makes-it-a-fucking-Tula-Tokarev-33.

>What would you think about Doomguy being in Smash?
He'd be fun as fuck but I don't know how anyone can consider him likely.
Doom is peak literal who in Japan and if Bethesda was going to get a character, it'd be Dovahkiin.
>b-but Ridley proved that western supported characters from unpopular franchises in Japan can get in
Ridley was highly requested for almost two full decades and is from a 1st party franchise

Attached: 1566978361301.png (1758x1466, 1.11M)

This post reeks of reddit

Doomguy has had his face visible since day 1 and his reactions are hugely iconic. He's known to have a softer side and even goofs off by playing with dolls in Doom 4. Additionally it is not difficult to convey rage and machismo in fighting game animations. Doomguy is not devoid of personality. Doom is over the top and just looking at some of the scripted footage from Eternal will tell you that.

Also Ridley was quite literally shot down personally by Sakurai TWICE out of fear that he would not be able to portray him properly without size, only to outdo himself with Ultimate Ridley. Oh but I'm sure the much easier job of porting over Doomguy's over the top anger will prove too much.

I see Doom Slayer being in and Dovahkin being a Mii costume. Besides Dovahkin is a default skin just like Steve, not a character.

Ridley was not only shot down twice by Sakurai himself, but also proves that they can make a character feel brutal without blood. He literally has a move that does way more damage for lodging his tail spike perfectly inside the character's guts, and killed Mario and twirled Cappy on his finger like the Odyssey reveal in his reveal.
Ridley admittedly also isn't much more than purple dragon other than being a deraged psychopath, much like how you list Doomguy being generic marine but with "rip and tear".

Honestly the Super Shotgun is fucking perfect for Smash. It'd make for sick recoveries.

Also he's literally called a "cunning god of death" in-game. The game wants you to know Ridley has killed people and will do it again.

If the Playstation lists included Katamari I'd pick them, but they don't so Nintendo.

>Doom is peak literal who in Japan
Anyone got the image of the giant ass Doom Eternal billboard out on the streets? Kyoto or Tokyo or some shit. They're making an effort there, and I'd say Doom goes beyond literal who for anyone into FPS games, which is probably about as big as fighting games are here. So a consistent cult following. They had absolutely no fucking clue who Little Mac was so they don't have a problem with characters unknown to Japan anyway. Mac being 1st party doesn't change him being a literal who to the Japanese.

>facial expressions
Looking side to side and wincing in pain is not iconic and doesn't make doomguy any less generic. He has a face, nice.
>softer side
Yes, it's hilarious how the macho space marine loves his pet rabbit and plays with dolls. That's all they are though, jokes. Nobody takes them seriously.
If the doom reboot came out in 2014 they would have made him a brony. Amazing depth.
>he's angry so he's not generic.
Having one emotion does not make him less generic. Especially when there's so few references to this apparent anger in his original source material and only nu-doom makes it a major part of the games with the ultra violent rip and tear motif.
>Ridley
Sakurai is retarded for thinking he couldn't portray without the size. Size isn't essential to his character and it doesn't define him.
Doomguy on the other hand, is defined by violence. Remove the violence and you might as well have Master Chief or Wolfenstien man.
>but bro he's not just your average space marine, he's an angry space marine

>Ridley
>Just a deranged psychopath
Nice way to lose all credibility

And even if he was right, and Doomguy was just generic by modern standards, what does that change? There is no hyper-masculine space marine archetype in Smash Bros. Samus is the closest approximation and she's much more stoic, with her sensitivity not being played for laughs. Saying Samus fills that role would be like saying we don't need Ridley because Bowser and Charizard already have dragons covered.

There are three young monarchs with swords. THE default fighting game character to end all default fighting game characters, his clone, and a third fighting game character who is similarly meant to be the accessible all arounder. Not to say Terry has no personality. Also the aforementioned two dragons with Ridley and Charizard.

>Doom 4 doesn't count because it's new
Great so characterization only counts when you want it to. Wonderful.
>they're jokes they don't count no one takes them seriously
Doom is not completely removed from humor. You're not supposed to take Doom very seriously. Except maybe 3.
>depth
How much depth are we asking for here? In a game with zero character interaction? He has a personality that can come through in animations if that's what you're looking for. Just as much if not more than the Heroes, who were great additions. Rage monkey who's kind of a goofy.
>Master chief
Not allowed to be as funny. One of Doomguy's death animations from the new game references the T-800's death for god's sake.
>brony
Troll post garbage. I know you're going to reply but you've already exposed yourself with this.

If I were to grant you that. It's this little pistol that does 2 damage. This campy over the top trench coat guy with a magic ghost buddy using a little gun for one move while flipping around and posing that barely makes anyone flinch is one thing. Fucking Doomguy is going to run into problems whether we like it or not.

There's support on the level of MK support there. I'm sure there's someone but you're not gonna get that hype reaction Banjo got in Japan from Doomguy. I'm not anti-doomguy I'm just trying to be realistic, even if I wrongly grant you that Joker's gun is real it's still not even a comparison. I would love if he came out and they made it work in a way that didn't undo the whole feel of the character. But Snake literally got a whole weird ass moveset because he couldn't use his guns (not even the tranq) or even his realistic knife.

Attached: 1568423007930.jpg (1600x800, 147K)

>asshurt redditor admits and doesn't have anything useful to say
go back to begging for zoomguy faggot

He doesn't meet the criteria. Doom is not a kids game.

Yep, because being called the "Cunning God of Death" means it is the most approachable character to speak to.

Look at his fucking bio, Ridley relishes in death and destruction. Even if he wants to speak, there's nothing to speak about, he'd fucking go and kill you first.

Bayonetta is also not a kids game, specially when she strips over for her attacks, and also makes a ton of provocative posses for the players to look at, and also torture their enemies instead of killing them right away.

Did I forget the part where the Smash pose of Bayonetta shows plenty of ass?

Pretty sure that alone would make any kid jerk off 3 or 4 times a day.

What is there to say, you dumb fucker?
You are just a random guy coming from nowhere talking shit for fun! Just like every Yea Forumsfag here. Absolutely no different.
If you see Reddit everywhere, it is not my problem.
Deep down, you love that crap site and their fake Internet points, lmao.

I'm sure they could get Doomguy to work without his gun use being more out there than Bayonetta's, I'm concerned that they'd take away his super shotgun though, because it's a bit more "gunny" than a lot of the rest of his arsenal.

Doomguy is defined by his arsenal and fast movement, you know BLITZING THROUGH FUCKERS. You can do all that shit without gore. Doomguy, more than anything else throughout the years, has been defined by and remembered for being unstoppable. That's basically why he was remembered so fondly even before the 2016 game. So unstoppable that they canonized exactly that in that game and turned him into the demon boogieman in the lore. That's not held up by the gore, that's held up by the game's mechanics. To say he just has violence is ridiculous.

>Mario is a happy go lucky guy who jumps high and has various powerups
That's the most Smash gets across and that's fine. Although some might argue it actually fails at the characterization part
>Doomslayer is mad as heck, walks with a purpose, and has a lot of weapons
Is there really a missing ingredient here?

If they really had to compromise, then the pistol, plasma rifle, gauss canon, and explosives available to him would do the job. I still think they can fit the sci-fi shotgun, because it's easy to make it appear concussive with just puffs of smoke.

jesus christ
just go back

Fuck third parties but I'd make an exception