Rockstar Games Has Released Its Own PC Launcher With a Free Copy of San Andreas

uk.ign.com/articles/2019/09/17/rockstar-games-has-released-its-own-pc-launcher-with-a-free-copy-of-gta-san-andreas

>Digital PC game stores like Steam and Epic Games Store require a cut of the profits from games sold through their stores. Steam requires a 30% take, while Epic Games Store asks for 12%. By selling games directly through a publisher’s launcher, companies like Rockstar and Bethesda can bypass these profit cuts altogether.

>The release of the Rockstar Games Launcher has also restarted speculation over a possible PC version for Red Dead Redemption 2, which Rockstar Games has still yet to formally announce. Or even discuss for that matter. Rumors of a PC version began circulating when a reference to “RDR2_PC” was discovered in Rockstar’s Social Club, but the developers have yet to acknowledge a PC port is even in the works.

>However, if a Red Dead Redemption 2 port for PC were to come out, releasing it on the Rockstar Games Launcher would be a good way for the developers to keep 100% of the profits from the sales.

Ready for round two of even more Steam drone crying?

Attached: rockstar games launch.jpg (1563x714, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nickcano.com/epic-games-spyware/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As long as it doesn't have intrusive spyware shit like EGS I don't care too much. No point not ALSO releasing it on Steam for even more autismbux from steam purists though.

>not available on Linux

D R O P P E D

lmfaooo fucking retarded pcphat mustards BTFO for eternity, enjoy ur 20000000 launchers gonna pirate? enjoy the miners then KEK

Fitgirl repacks dont mine and have mulitplayer support, eat shit cucklord

yeah now GTA V doesn't work on Linux anymore because of this stupid launcher

> Steam drone crying
Wouldn't that also be bad for Epic games? Why only mention steam

Give us red dead for pc you money grubbing fucks

Because the autist is only obsessed with shitting on steam.

I think Rockstar would be willing to put RDR2 on Epic Store.

GTA Online is big money, and Valve hoovering up 30% of that is not worth it to them

any actual proof behind those statements?

The only people that actually take the time out of their day to bitch about epic are delusional steam drones.

20%*
get your shit straight nigger

Guarantee it's gonna be like uplay, required even when purchased from steam.

What about the delusional people who take the time out of their day to bitch about Steam here?

20% of game sales

But 30% of shark cards.

AAA's have been moving away from Steam (or trying to in the case of Bethesda) because microtransactions are big money.

EA left Steam because they wanted to make 100% of their DLC money they sold through their Dragon Age 2 client, Valve said no and EA left to make Origin.

Its some weirdass version that's broken and doesn't let you install mods. Don't bother with this shit.

Rockstar has had their own launcher and store with the Social Club shit, they even launched GTAV on PC on that shit like a year before bringing it to steam

>Being this much of a delusional brainless consumer drone.
I guess I can understand considering your mother didn't even respect you enough to stop smoking during her pregnancy. You might've been born less retarded and with more self-respect

Rude, take your meds steamie

>they even launched GTAV on PC on that shit like a year before bringing it to steam
stop talking out of your ass

>Here's a fucking free broken port to get you to use our launcher
lmao

how new are you exactly?

>Online requirement for GTA V SP now.
To the high seas for all future titles.

Here you go, user-kun!

Attached: epic games store is a datamining botnet.png (1914x4402, 1.91M)

nickcano.com/epic-games-spyware/

There is a fucking essay from someone that know it's shit, but if you just want a simple answer than no. These accusation were made by redditor who even claimed he have no idea what the fuck he's looking at

GTAV was first available on steam you fucking retard.

I downloaded the Rockstar launcher just to claim my free copy of San Andreas, and now I'm going to uninstall it. (Maybe I'll play San Andreas later but not now.)

But I already had a Rockstar account from playing Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire on Steam, because it made me sign into that Social Club bullshit. Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire both showed up in my library when I logged in to the Rockstar launcher. Are my Steam copies of these games going to require running via the Rockstar launcher now? Or do I now have two copies of each?

Asking for actual info, not brand-tribalist shitposting.

Attached: epic datamining bro!.webm (1259x992, 1.85M)

>Are my Steam copies of these games going to require running via the Rockstar launcher now? Or do I now have two copies of each?
We just don't know yet.

Because it's either shills or that autistic nigger who reposts the same threads over and over again. I'm going to guess it's the latter because we had this EXACT same thread yesterday.

>Yen sign instead of backslash
???

PC GODS WIN AGAIN

Happens sometimes when you have JP language installed.

Japanese Windows assigns the yen symbol the same character code that is used by backslash everywhere else

>I'll post some more nigger tier shit to prove how stupid i am instead of reading professional analyst to at least understand what is going on in the stuff i'm posting

If spreading misinformation is all you can do, epic has already won

Well I just remembered that I still have Max Payne 3 installed, and tried it. It works, which is good because I'm on Linux.

It's a Windows-only game, but Steam lets it run on Linux. It would be a shame if the Rockstar launcher ruined that.

Pretty good read. I personally dont like EGS for different reasons but its nice to know the software seems alright.

Does this mean GTA V mods are kill?

top 10 copes that went way too far

Geez, idk. maybe because steam is the cancer of PC gaming?

Unless it has the entire GTASA OST, they can go to hell

Hopefully the games will still work using Lurtis.

I don't get it, they renamed Rockstar Social Club to Rockstar Games Launcher? Okay.

What can you expect from a bunch of corporate bootlickers

>Ready for round two of even more Steam drone crying?

It's not a digital storefront. Nobody gives a shit about these stupid developer platforms, it's third-party poaching that pisses people off.

It means they're a week and set their locale to Japanese so they could gap to little girls.

What about the people who constantly make the threads supporting EGS and bitching about Steam?

it kind of blows me away how much of a jew rockstar is being, you dont even get the previous gen gta, you get the previous PREVIOUS gen gta. i mean for fuck sakes gta 5 came out 6 years ago. would it really be that crazy to give it away for free if you downloaded their new launcher?

>Implying those aint made by steamdrones falseflaggers

>p-p-please use our garbage software, h-here have a neutered and ruined version of a game we made when we were still good!

Sure bud.

Think I’m gonna buy a console next generation, they are basically PCs now anyway and I won’t have to deal with having 3000 different launchers for each of my fucking games because publishers are greedy fucks

>would it really be that crazy to give it away for free if you downloaded their new launcher?
considering it's still in the top 10 selling games every single month of every single year since its release

yes? of course that would be crazy

Especially when they would actually MAKE money doing that people some of those people might spend money on GTA online. This is Rockstar of David we are talking about though.

It is. Playing Rockstar games from Steam now also runs this launcher, same as the previous launcher too.

>has a shopping cart, probably
epic eternally btfo

GTAO money comes from whales purchasing sharkcards, you can get them directly from Rockstar

Didn't they patch San Andreas to remove some of their music? Did they fix it?

>this infographic is blocked in your country
sorry, the shill won't be able to see this, and would ignore it anyways. anyways, tiananmen square

I'm fine with this, they own the game afterall. It's not epic taking away games they don't even own and sticking it to their platform. If epic only put games they make like fortnite exclusive to egs then it would have been fine.

>developers to keep 100% of the profits from the sales
>100%

Attached: 1373875209401.gif (300x214, 1.76M)

>phonepost

>developers

is it really though? just look at all the games the epic games have given away for free just for a comparison. would a 1 month opportunity to get a free gta to anyone who's willing to use their shitty launcher really damage rockstar games? and there's still microtransactions when it comes to gta online like one user mentioned.

no, you have to downgrade to get the music back

Nice, another company joins multi-store future lead by epic.

music licensing is not forever, so r* would have to pay to relicense it, and the owners would definitely try getting the most shekels they could

This is the one that really has to be highlighted
>Developers
They mean PUBLISHERS
Devs get either fuck all, fired or maybe MAYBE a cup ramen or enough money to afford a cup ramen.

it's always drm or anti cheat that does this, nearly everthing would be playable in wine if it wasn't for this shit

Attached: 8086e3b4ce9070c7b5c97086ab98ede61ac6f45859f0b61fb91dce367fafc9fe.gif (220x224, 169K)

based winnie the pooh opened the market

Music copyrights last only 120 years. We will be able to play offical GTA:SA with base soundtrack soon, just be patient

2K are massive fucking jews and rockstar are borderline slavedrivers. The devs are lucky if they aren't beaten with a slab of pure cocaine for missing a deadline

>Ready for round two of even more Steam drone crying?

Nobody cares if publishes have their own launchers as long as they don't atart pilfering third party games left and right the way EGS does.

>Rockstar's own games launcher for probably 4 games in total

It's about as fucking stupid at Bethesda's launcher is, and probably will be just as bad

Attached: 1489712864870.png (600x455, 194K)

excuse me, they have way more than 4!

Attached: image.png (1275x304, 20K)

>Not GTA IV and its episodes

for what purpose

They had a bunch of darts and a board with rockstar titles. Guess they didn't hit gta4 or the first 2 max paynes.

>I allow only big publishers to avoid steam tax

I wonder why no one gives a shit about steamdrones

probably too lazy to remove GFWL

GTA4's PC port is so crap it may as well be console exclusive.

All rockstar ports are crap.

(You)

GTAV's and Max Payne's 3's are fine social club bullshit aside.

You post like Rockstar will see your post and decide not to port RDR2 to PC because of it.

>not even manhunt

Attached: 1568468305882.png (369x300, 12K)

I don't care about RDR2, I thought 1 was just okay and even the masses turned on 2 after a month. At most I'd buy it for $10 if it was on steam.

You aren't missing anything unless you really love unskippable dialogue in the form of long walking sections and grossly unsatisfying gunplay.

>nickcano.com/epic-games-spyware/

real question is: This version of GTA still have the music?, i remember something about the licenses expiring, if not, i can pirate it like always

No.

>No point not ALSO releasing it on Steam
Try using your head for once.

who downloading it just for san andreas then never using it here

I wouldnt mind companies having their own launcher if they were simply delivery mechanisms but nooo gotta have it running just to play.

Can you still play the game after deleting the launcher?

>Steam drone crying
Is Rockstar going to be another bunch of predatory fucks poaching Kickstarters and just generally acting cunty? No? Then there's no issue.

Nobody bitches about Bethesda's proprietary launcher.

>another launcher to constantly use resources in the background

Attached: BrQYnhfIcAAblZ1.jpg (500x375, 38K)

>Nobody bitches about Bethesda's proprietary launcher.

Yes they did if only because it's as coded as well as anything else they make. Do you not remember the massive data leaks?