3x3 Thread

Let's get a 3x3 thread going, but rather than list our favorites, let's try showing our most recent games played and getting recommendations from those.
Template: bighugelabs.com/mosaic.php

Attached: 3x3 recent sept18.jpg (920x920, 412K)

2/5

Attached: mosaiced00123a3ab8b3bdf68d532dddfe2c06cccb4346.jpg (920x920, 410K)

/ / /
/ / +
+ + +
I appreciate the effort, but I'm not making a new one just for that.
For you, I'd recommend stuff like Symphony of the Night or Katana Zero.
/ + /
/ - /
+ / +
GreedFall and Transformers Devastation.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (900x900, 310K)

1/1
0/0
1/1

Attached: 3x3(.jpg (920x920, 370K)

5/5
I think this is the first time I've ever seen Unlimited SaGa in one of these threads. If you're willing to put in the time and effort of actually learning the game, it's one of the most rewarding games out there.
Hamauzu's soundtrack and the visuals are also 10/10.

7/8

7/7

Attached: mosaicc1fd4a694941aa415c3adf3770f06b88eedd3bb7.jpg (920x920, 423K)

3/3 Mario, MC, and Rain. I'd recommend Hollow Knight
3/5 Deadly, DMC, Persona. Really disliked Xenoblade 2 and FF X just isn't my thing. I'd recommend FF Tactics
4/4 FEAR, Pokemon, Dishonored, Paper Mario. I'd recommend Legend of Mana, Ghost Trick, and Dead Space
4/4 Zelda, DS, Dragon Age, and Wonderful (so far). I'd recommend Witcher 3 and Dragon's Dogma

Attached: Recent 3x3.jpg (920x920, 432K)

already got greedfall and im loving it! exactly the kind of rpg ive been looking for

/ - /
/ + /
/ + /
Don't know what you'd like considering my rating, but Gothic 2's been on my list for a while.
- + +
/ - /
/ / /
That's fair. I just thought it'd be a nice way to get some more variety and discussion into these threads. Maybe you'd actually like Baroque. I have mixed feelings on it, but there's some good in there.
+ + -
/ + +
+ / +
A bit of a popular recommendation, but you might like Pathologic.
+ / +
+ + +
/ / +
Unlimited Saga is just fantastic. I've done only Mythe and Judy so far, but it's definitely become one of my favorites after traditional jrpgs started to feel stale to me. A shot in the dark, but maybe you'd like Dust: An Elysian Tale

Hope you continute to enjoy TW101. The final boss is my favorite moment in gaming.

These are what I've played most recently.
I've been playing a lot of PS1 games lately.
5/5
4/4
3/3
7/7
7/7
2/4

Attached: mosaice113842537d67e4866076978663fe38a4f0ec364.jpg (900x900, 423K)

Legacy of Kain reboot when?

Maybe someday.
I wouldn't mind seeing the franchise come back in some form.

hope you like some jank

Attached: shooty.jpg (1307x1369, 1.28M)

Fighting games as always, plus Teppen because it's great for short bursts when I have nothing else but my phone. I've been playing the Metal Slug series lately, with only 6/7/XX left. The Pocket Color spinoffs are really, really good, if more simplistic visually. Advance looks like the main games but is very short and basic; it's basically single-player MS1 with some collectible cards and a secret boss. New Dawn is just me trying out a friend's copy; FPS generally isn't for me but the setting is somewhat interesting.

2/3 (+Odyssey +Frogger -Minecraft)
3/3 (MMX, DMC5, Thief)
3/3 (Emerald, Prime, SoR2, TTYD)
Wonderful 1/1 to both of you.
>Metal Slug 3
My fucking MAN. Just played it recently and it's just perfect. I ran it twice in a row the first time to get as many routes as possible.
Damn, that's some jank. Killer7 & Shadows are somewhat underrated Suda efforts (Shadows moreso). 10000 & Gungrave are on my list when I one day get to playing all those obscure 6th-gen action titles.

Attached: 3x3 Recent Vidya.jpg (3264x3264, 2.05M)

Based and Metalslugpilled.

terrible but still kind of surprised someone else played baroque
dont know how anyone can possibly like ffv and star ocean
one of the worst charts of all time
getting a little too old for pokemon, aren't ya?
sad
daemon x machina is terrible
terrible but 10k bullets is some supremely goofy shit

Attached: 3x3 shmup.jpg (920x920, 408K)

Attached: mosaice3beb970047459172c72e1664b0c1accc715c126_1.jpg (374x374, 40K)

I got into it when the SNK leak happened because it was a great excuse. Great decision, they're fucking great, even the weakest of them (4 & Advance) are still super solid. I'm still trying to find a ROM for 6 that will work for me; I may have to rely on Anthology.

Attached: 1568239673109.gif (500x573, 53K)

++/
//+
+/+
+++
+-/
++/
-++
//+
++-
+++
+++
+++
+++
+++
-++
//-
+++
++/
/++(Before micro-transaction)
//+
++/
+/-
-++
++/
+++
+/+
++-
/++
+++
+++
+++
+++
+/+

Attached: mosaicb7069e2118d5c6e963aeb23aa7a9e3b36438889f.jpg (920x920, 428K)

Still haven't completed K7 and i've had that game for years. Gonna within the next few days though, that games all about the style and visuals so it was hard for me to stay invested really. After I complete that i'm probably gonna give Killer is Dead, maybe Black Knight Sword a try. I've been looking for a shooter lately that's simple repayable to me and the first Gungrave is where I ended up satisfied, so i'll probably look for different genre or something after. The sequel OD's presentation isn't as strong, lots of VN style dialogue, pacing is messed up and too long for that kind of game. Not to mention it's like they said fuck sensible enemy placement and swarm you with bullet sponges.

3/3
+Baba, AC, Odyessy

3/3
+Emerald, SOR2, TTYD

2/2
+Wind Waker, Strange Journey

2/2
+TWEWY, KHIII

5/5
+MS3, Einhander, GITS, Klonoa, HK

Attached: 3x3 Recently Played.jpg (3264x3264, 2.37M)

I haven't finished it myself but I only got it this year. I love the characters and I'm all about rail shooters, plus the music rules. The moving around and solving puzzles thing seems more Resident Evil though (not sure since I've got very little survival horror experience).

Does the new Gungrave look good to you, somebody that's played the originals? I've heard the VR Gungraves are trash.

Nuclear Throne is seriously based.

I'm going to be changing my 3x3 soon. Protect Me Knight! isn't available in its original form, to my knowledge. The closest thing is its 3DS sequel. Wii games are, sadly, very vulnerable as far as games preservation, due to their controls. On my other 3x3, After Burner Climax is no longer available in its original form (it's got a crappy phone port). Kid Icarus Uprising is also vulnerable due to its being on the 3DS, for games preservation. It feels pretty shitty ... loving these games that won't be carried into the future. Some already have disappeared. Bitter fukken sweet.
I think I'm going to remove games I don't currently have access to.

Anyway
+Minecraft +Frogger (ps1) ... nice to see that one again
+Kotor II
+Metroid Prime ... just gotta say, Phendrana Drifts is peak winter comfy
>Dustforce, W101, Darksouls, SMT Strange Journey, Wind Waker, Wipeout
Is this Matthew? jk jk. I really want to play W101. Hoping to get a WiiU shortly. Probably in a few months. Doom II is also a good choice
>Kingdom Hearts III
Interesting. I love the first game. Wouldn't personally rate the 3rd game very highly, I was real pissed about the ending, but it was a good time gameplay-wise
>Einhander, GitS, Klonoa, Legacy of Kain
Extremely fucking based my dude

Attached: 3x3 v10.jpg (920x920, 1.1M)

I apologize for not rating anyone. I'm too tired.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (904x904, 358K)

I forgive you, user.

do you only like shoot em ups?
at least add some variety

OP, most people are clearly ignoring your post and just posting their favorites.

Hard to say really. Gungrave has this cel shaded neo noir aesthetic to it, they dropped that for this hyper stylized realism. Kinda seems more school shooter edge than hot topic. GORE's still made by the VR guys so hopes aren't at an all time high. All depends on how it actually feels to play through, and it doesn't look near as bad as VR at least. Gonna try it for sure.

Your schizograph breakdown was pretty cool. A lot to take in at once but makes sense.

This thread makes me feel like I've played nothing. I've only played 8 out of all of them. Out of those I like SoR2, Persona 4 & 5, and FFX.

Attached: 1560543600693.jpg (2250x2250, 2.41M)

4/4
+SH, RE4, Dishonored, VtM:B
F.E.A.R, Metroid Prime and Paper Mario TTYD has been on my backlog for too long.
4/4
+TWEWY, RE2make, W101, DOOM
never heard much about Last Story, could you talk about it?
4/4
+Jojo HftF, Persona 5, Yakuza Kiwami 2, SMT3
What's currently the best version of BLOOD?

Been enjoying these recently
Tenchu WoH is certainly an interesting game to play, to say the least, but it's easy to get used to and get into it
428 is the most fun I've had with a VN in a while
DDS2 feels like a downgrade in terms of story but it's still fun to play through
Three House is my first FE and I'm having a blast with it
never played anything Touhou related before but Luna Nights is too engaging
returned to Mankind Divided for the DLC and honestly I've missed it

Attached: recent 3x3.jpg (920x920, 389K)

>Crystal Bearers
That's a name I haven't heard in a very long time.

Always GDX.

Attached: Blood train level.webm (1364x764, 2.99M)

Attached: 3x3.png (1000x1000, 1.06M)

I'm sure there's a lot I've forgotten about, but these were the first that came to mind.

Attached: mosaic.jpg (920x920, 231K)

>never heard much about Last Story
I'm not surprised, it's a pretty mediocre game. Game play is similar to FF 12, where your character automatically attacks close enemies while you occasionally do larger skill commands. The dungeons are pretty bare bones and the world design feels restricted, they reuse stuff a good amount. The story is fine, but the characters are so bland and stilted that it feels jarring when even simple things are happening. It feels like a game that was a rushed and forced to be on the wii, it's a half-baked game which I have no idea why people were clamoring for with operation rainfall

>recent games played
You'd like Chasm: The Rift or Requiem: Avenging Angel.
Try Wizardry 8.
I think you'd like Thief.
Play Ninja Spirit.
I can almost guarantee you'd like Summer Carnival '92: Recca.
Play Ion Fury if you haven't already.
Have you played Umihara Kawase yet? Because you should.

Attached: mosaic4b8c17a82ccc8c56a8386e757a404bdffc502743.jpg (920x920, 391K)

Play The Punisher (arcade).
Play Famicom Tantei Club Part II (SNES).
Play Die Hard Arcade.

How is Ion Fury compared to the holy trinity?

Attached: Buildgames.jpg (920x310, 122K)

2/2
Blood, smash
5/5
Ff, fe3h, Luna nights, bayo, dds
Like this one

Attached: 0F88F02A-A77A-4080-AAEA-116DDA3280B1.jpg (640x640, 60K)

Infinifactory is Opus Magnum but better.

Attached: 75C5B96C-D37A-44D2-BFB5-59187C4F8C31.jpg (900x900, 350K)

frogger is absolute kino

Worse weapons (though the Trinity has such an astronomical standard that it's almost unfair to compare ANYTHING to them). This is probably the most disappointing part of the game. Most of the weapons are fine, and a few are pretty cool, and only the dual-wielded uzis actually feel weak. Basic rundown of weapons:
>Electric Baton
Your melee weapon. Moderately fun. Usefulness (like breaking shit and 1-hit-killing the spiders) makes up for its typical lack of sizzle, as is par for the course in old FPSes.
>Revolver
This is a thing of beauty and arguably one of the best pistols ever in any old school style FPS. Hands down the most memorable weapon in the game.
>Shotgun
Not bad, but don't expect to be blown away by it. Sound effect is a little weak, but no other complaints really. Secondary fire (grenade launcher) has its own weapon slot for some reason.
>Uzi
You can dual wield this. And it sets niggas on fire for some reason. Gets the job done, but just feels meh... Without a doubt the least fun weapon in the game.
>Minigun
Powerful, and super useful for certain enemies. Downside is it fucks up your movement while firing, which makes it kind of impractical to use except when necessary. Sort of your "save for emergencies" weapon.
>Bowling Bombs
Homing bombs that roll along the ground. Once you get the hang of using these they are USEFUL AS FUCK. Possibly a top 3 or so most memorable weapon in the game.
>Grenade Launcher
Secondary fire for the shotgun. Has its own slot for whatever reason. Not as fun as, say, Quake's grenade launcher, but a fine weapon.
>Ion Crossbow
Laser crossbow. The game's BFG. Oddly lackluster, both in concept and in impactful-ness, for an "ultimate weapon". Makes up for this by just being unique I guess.
>Clusterpuck
Throwable mines. POWERFUL. Secondary fire is great for clearing out rooms/crowds.

Overall "lackluster" is a good word for the arsenal compared to the Build Trinity. It's fine judged on its own though. Minimum 7/10.

cont.

Enemies are varied and "balanced enough" (certainly better than Blood's, that's for fucking sure). But there aren't really ANY *great* enemy DESIGNS. I honestly can't think of ANYTHING that the game will be remembered for in terms of the enemies.

Level design is STRONG early on. It dips after that, but never drops below "still pretty fucking solid". The first 10 levels in particular are a joy. The big wide open outdoor levels are something of a work of genius and those are everywhere at the start. Shit looks amazing and plays so flawlessly. I'm not exaggerating when I say the early stages flow about as smoothly as any FPS released this decade, or maybe even this century. The devs clearly didn't know their own strengths as level designers though, because after level 10 (out of like 28 or 29 IIRC) it's tunnels, tunnels, and more tunnels. Some of which are still pretty great, but it still would have been nice to see more city levels (traditionally the weak point of classic FPSes' stage design, but where Ion Fury shines brightest).

Shelly doesn't have much of a personality. She just quotes and references and doesn't have much character of her own. The Build Engine games (even counting games outside of the Trinity) where ALL ABOUT personality, so this might be the game's weakest point. Her voice actor does a solid job though. And her quotes are sometimes genuinely funny (even laugh out loud). Other quotes are amusing if you get the references. And then there's moments where she references weird shit for seemingly no reason (there's a Die Hard quote that feels like they literally chose a line at random from the movie and not even a McClane line either) or just makes jokes that don't quite hit their mark.

Music is actually probably one of the year's better soundtracks. Adds a lot of energy to some levels.

Final boss fight blows and is borderline impossible.

cont.

Difficulty settings are no fucking joke. 1st isn't hard. 2nd will give you occasional trouble up until the final boss where it just becomes crushingly oppressive. 3rd is HARD. 4th is "FUCK YOU" difficulty.

Secrets... How much do you like secret hunting? Because there's HUNDREDS of secrets in this game. And some of them are so well hidden that it's ridiculous that the devs thought anyone could ever find them. Some I found on ACCIDENT while trying to do other stuff. There's even an entire secret level, which WEBM RELATED SHOWS HOW TO REACH, SO DON'T WATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT THAT SPOILED.

Much of the game's environments are utterly littered with references and jokes. Doom gets several nods, as do the Build Engine Trinity. There's crude and/or weird jokes galore in the form of everything from posters for fictional movies or nonexistent services to random graffiti or fictional company signs. Much of it is actually pretty funny and probably funnier than most of Shelly's quotes.

Graphics look NICE. Some really high detail pixel art. And voxels EVERYWHERE.

Overall I'd rank it below the Build Trinity, but above something like PowerSlave. Would recommend.

Attached: Ion Fury - Piano Puzzle Solved.webm (1280x720, 1.74M)

Another thing is that there's no rocket launcher in the game. That feels like a weird omission.

I have way too many to count this was actually difficult

Attached: mosaic12e95c21578c2c4804d53a64eecd16319ee5df69.jpg (920x920, 449K)

>That Blood reference
Pure ludo.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 12.01.13 AM.png (1208x896, 1.36M)

3.5/5, half a point for minecraft

5/5

4/5

4/4 your bottom row are all a blast, hope klonoa gets into smash at least for the recognition

good taste, freakin awesomenauts dude. would be on mine too if it wasn't a dead game..

6/6

8/8

7/7

7/7

Attached: 4_x_4.png (1200x1200, 2.83M)

>baroque
>rain world

What the unholy fuck? Are there still based anons here? Unbelievable!

I never left.

I ran out of games to put on this so I just added P5 Majora and FF7, i really need to expand my tastes

Attached: idk relly.png (900x900, 1.51M)

Haven't updated mine in awhile, I should probably do that soon.

Attached: 3x5 No Order.jpg (1835x947, 874K)

3/3
4/4

Attached: 3x3Games.jpg (3264x3264, 1.4M)