Pc gamers wont admit how inconvenient it is. steam, epic games, uplay, origins, battlenet, TOO MANY LAUNCHERS...

pc gamers wont admit how inconvenient it is. steam, epic games, uplay, origins, battlenet, TOO MANY LAUNCHERS. tinkering EVERYWHERE. expensive af.

Attached: a.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QrGrOK8oZG8
github.com/mixaill/awesome-gog-galaxy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck these extra clicks are terrible i better go buy 3 $500 game systems.

Attached: 1548896691411.gif (405x414, 181K)

I only have steam and bnet. you're an idiot OP and probably poor

I have zero of those applications. You don't need launchers with piracy :^)

You only really need the PS4.

I don't mind multiple launchers, I do mind that only 2 of them (Steam and GOG) are actually useful while the others do nothing but hate their content, with cases like Epic have significantly less content and usability than the others

If I don't need to spend extra money then I don't give a shit

Use Lutris.

Are there no unified gaming library programs?

you don't

it's called
now pay attention, this part might blow you away

ITS CALLED YOUR FUCKING DESKTOP AND YOUR FUCKING START MENU

ps4 sucks so much balls, mine is a dust collection machine ever since i upgraded my pc
shut the fuck up n00b

Playnite is a good one for Windows. GOG Galaxy also attempts to be a unified game launcher, but it lacks some things that Playnite has.

Frankly, my start menu isn't as pretty as Playnite, and doesn't have all of the same sorting/filtering options. Clearly your needs are different from mine, though, so do what you want.

all 3 consoles combined are cheaper and less of a headache than a pc. its just FUN. it just WORKS.

>GOG Galaxy 2.0
Fixed. And it's still in closed beta, right? Or is it an open beta now?

The officially released version of GOG Galaxy is still just a GOG launcher.

NO STEAM, NO BUY

>it just WORKS.
1. you seem a bit upset
2. PC just works too if you're not stupid

Steam, gog, or high seas.

are you the same guy that says "JUST HOOK YOUR PC UP TO UR TV" even tho literally no one does it. pc gamers game on pc cuz they are newegg geeks who sit at their bad posture chair all day like a tax filer.

You don't need to use GoG's launcher.
The only other ones I use are Steam and Battle Net.

>are you the same guy that says "JUST HOOK YOUR PC UP TO UR TV"
I'm pretty sure there's more than one guy on Yea Forums who will readily inform you that you can, in fact, plug your PC into your TV. But I'm pretty sure I never told you that before, so no.
>even tho literally no one does it.
I actually have done it, but it was inconvenient because there isn't a good place to put my PC near my TV. It would work nicely if I rearranged things a bit, but that's not worth the effort because my PC will still be at my desk 90% of the time. When I get a new PC, though, my current one might find a permanent place next to my TV, because I only have one desk.

I only use buy DRM-free builds.

another store/launcher is fine with me as long as it doesn't moneyhat games they didn't publish or develop and i can buy keys from a wide variety of stores who can control thier own prices/sales. that said, the only ones i use are uplay, steam, and gog.

What games have any of the launchers put out recently are worth playing? Ubisoft? EA? bethesda? what is the point when they just churn out shit?

>and less of a headache than a pc
Maybe if you have an IQ less than room temperature

YOU MEAN I HAVE TO PUT ALL MY VIDEO GAMES IN A FOLDER? WHERE IS MY UI? UGH!

Attached: Untitled.jpg (157x187, 6K)

>recently are worth playing
>Ubisoft?
anno 1800 for me.

this is tru

Attached: Untitled.png (334x593, 87K)

I can spend 1500 on a pc and still save money over a console because games are 5x cheaper

>5 minute startup because my computer has to load 45 launchers on login.
fuck you

You forgot the Rockstar launcher. I didn't even know they had a dedicated game launcher until I saw they're offering San Andreas for free on it.

>allowing launchers to run at startup
to what end?

bruh they've had a launcher since gta 4

I'm not him, but why would you configure all of your launchers to start when you log on? That shit is optional. You should be able to figure out how to disable it unless you're an actual baby boomer i.e. 60+ years old.

What the fuck retard, do you not manage your start up?

yeah, I'm not surprised, but I was unaware. I never bought that game.

You probably thought you looked smart and cool when saying this. You are not.

Lutris allows me to easily play both Windows, Linux, Steam of GOG games through one UI without having to bring up Wine, deal with Valve annoying nonsense with disallowing Windows games on Linux Steam, and other such nonsense.

Or in terms you would understand: You thought you were Boom but really you're Zoom.

only steamdrones are autistic about launchers because they spent so much money on steam
normal people don't care, it takes 10 seconds to start a launcher

passwords are going to be a bitch as well. steam constantly makes me relogin.

>it takes 10 seconds to start a launcher
time for a new hard drive user

why do you type like a faggot?

OP doesn't know what a shortcut is

Steam for everything except The Sims, which I use Origin for.

Attached: 07-27-19_1-38-22 AM.png (1920x1080, 2.01M)

i get asked to relog once a month for steam, uplay is about the same. haven't used origin in years but that always asked for a pass no matter what.

half of these are only a problem if you play AAA shit like Ubisoft or EA games

The only real patrician way of vidya is emulation. A RX580 can play any game at 4k internal resolution. Ebay and Amazon sell copies of physical games for those with a conscience. This strategy cannot be beaten.

>it just WORKS
not so good apparently when you mostly keep getting more unoptimized garbage than the pc you mock
but hey hey, human eye yada yada

Bethesda owns ID which is worrying.

>tinkering EVERYWHERE.
Why do consolefags like to pretend setting up anything is so difficult and time consuming? Like changing graphics settings or installing a program is SO DIFFICULT AND TIME CONSUMING. Sorry you like to have a stripped down budget PC that you can't do anything with because your a brainless retard.

Normal people don't build gaming PC's.

Why don't you use the shift key?

>Valve
>disallowing Windows games on Linux Steam
... What?

All Windows games are enabled on Linux Steam. You just have to check one box. It has been this way for at least a year. How can a Linux gamer who uses Steam be unaware of Steam Play?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-18 20-55-52.png (740x585, 54K)

>pc ”gaming“

But that's not true at all!

Attached: BigO.jpg (1280x721, 164K)

I mainly played my GOG collection and other DRM-less games on my previous PC. It was offline so I didn't look in to how Steam worked with Linux until recently..

Thats everyone besides autists

ahem

Attached: Trillionhoursinpaint.png (1280x817, 496K)

what am i looking at

Last time I checked, GOG Galaxy 2.0 only had integrations for Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic... oh, and, for some reason, Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. But no Battle.net, no Discord, and no Twitch.

Are there more that aren't listed? If so, where does one even download them?

Get a password manager.

>too many stores out there, I want to get everything from Walmart like a good goy

This is the future you're choosing, just fucking remember that.

Attached: loldrums-1.gif (160x114, 1.04M)

A better analogy would be if every brand started making their own store that had its own membership card you had to sign up for and use every time you wanted to purchase something.

This is why piracy exists.

youtu.be/QrGrOK8oZG8

>too many launchers

Zoom Zoom's need to realize that this is nowhere as bad as having late 90s to early PC gaming. I don't give a fuck about multiple launchers. None of this shit is new.

Also
>Origin
I'm not fucking buying EA games. Ever. So that scratches one off the list
>Bethesda.net
Why would I download that? To play what? Fallout 76? Really nigger?

Attached: 1533856696803.jpg (611x845, 74K)

>Gee why do people hate having to split their games between seven different launchers with different logins?

There's a fucking reason piracy of TV shows have gone up again after everyone started dropping Netflix to get a piece of that streaming pie, and it wasn't the cost. People don't want to fucking bother keeping up with multiple services and needing to know which service to go to for a certain product

>Why would I download that? To play what? Fallout 76? Really nigger?

Now imagine if Fallout 76 hadn't been a colossal failure. Bethesda probably would've had the balls to make DOOM Eternal a Bethesda.net exclusive. Also enjoy downloading Rockstar's new client just to play Red Dead Redemption and GTA

That's the point, it's not a monopoly like on consoles.

>buying games

I can't afford to pay someone just to memorize a bunch of passwords.

Fuck Steam
Fuck Valve
Fuck Gaben

They ruined PC Gaming

>They ruined PC Gaming

Ah yes, PC gaming was really fucking great in the late 00s when every publisher in existence wrote off the PC platform as a place of piracy where nobody actually bought games and publishers just made console games

I'll just refuse to play games not on steam.

I only use my PS4 for Bloodborne and coming soon, Death Stranding

>There's a fucking reason piracy of TV shows have gone up again after everyone started dropping Netflix to get a piece of that streaming pie, and it wasn't the cost. People don't want to fucking bother keeping up with multiple services and needing to know which service to go to for a certain product.
>It wasn't the cost.
Yes it fucking was. People switched to streaming in the first place because it was much cheaper than paying for cable, and with all the big media companies forming their own services the total cost of Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO, CBS, Disney+, ESPN+, and any other random service would be just as much as cable.
You don't have to pay for a game launcher. Any launcher that's not Steam, GoG, or maaybe Epic will have an average of maybe 3 or 4 games that at least a good chunk of the market would play, and the majority of those are run by publishers that most of Yea Forums hates anyway so fuck em.

>Use steam
>Buy through g2a
>Pirate rest
Works for me

Fuck off

Steam made the DRM shit trending same way how they made the lootboxed trending with TF2

So great that the publishers who did release on PC added so much fucking DRM the legal version didn't work.

I pirate so I don't give a fuck. Seethe paypigs.

Why are you a newfag who doesn't use Yea Forums x?

>Steam made the DRM shit trending

You know that there are games on Steam that don't used DRM right? The only thing Steam did was popularize digital for vidya, which was a fucking inevitability anyways looking at every single other entertainment industry. Honestly you should be fucking happy the company that managed to gain the biggest foothold early was a private one like Valve who doesn't have to answer to investors instead of a publisher like EA

>Uses Yea Forums extensions
That seems a lot more newfag to me than being the old fuck who continues to do things the old-fashioned way

>That seems a lot more newfag to me than being the old fuck who continues to do things the old-fashioned way

Attached: 1519297603496.png (403x448, 53K)

>seems to me
case closed, can't argue with that

github.com/mixaill/awesome-gog-galaxy
There's been a page for manual integrations for a while now.