Back in the day, I remember using Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools, and pirating Dreamcast games all day long

Back in the day, I remember using Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools, and pirating Dreamcast games all day long.

What's the method to do that nowadays? Is there a "special" burning program that you need to use? Or should I break out my laptop from 10 years ago and use that?

Attached: Blank_cd.png (997x964, 1.12M)

Imgburn is by far the best image burning program these days.

I don't think the technology to burn discs has really evolved all that much since then

All I know is that games burned on regular CDs wore down the DC's disc reader and the reliable way is to buy overpriced writable GD ROM discs online. There's probably a SD card/USB adapter for DC now.

>I don't think the technology to burn discs has really evolved all that much since then

No, but burning dreamcast games was a little weird back then, you had to mount them with Daemontools, and Alcohol 120% was a disc cloning tool to make exact copies and would let you control the burn speed to make sure it burned properly. I didn't know if Dreamcast stuff actually got to a point where you could just throw the iso into a burning program like Imgburn like said, or if it's still pretty difficult.

I've been thinking of getting a Dreamcast but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I don't like Sonic much, or Crazy Taxi, or Powerstone.

There is an SD reader that you can install, but it replaces the lens and drive mechanism and it's way beyond what I'm willing to do to my system

imgburn with the cdi plugin will do ya

Nowadays you can just load the .cdi file into imburn after putting a few files into the directory for it.

It's fantastic honestly, there's lots of great games on the console besides first parties

Don't buy into the memes. Most good or great DC games are on PC and the exceptions can easily be emulated.

excellent, thank you, i'll make sure my laptop can still burn discs and buy a big stack of CDRs. I'm working to capture footage of a handful of games right now and my old burned discs have gotten disc rot so they don't work anymore

general console buying advice:
>are there at least two games you want to play?
>are they unsatisfactory to emulate?
>are they satisfactory to pirate on console?
>is the cost of the console and other materials worth playing the games to you?

>are they unsatisfactory to emulate?
Maybe I should get a new laptop instead, mine can't do Dreamcast emulation.

dreamcast emulation isn't totally accurate and even "good enough" in most cases anyway

i've been considering a gdemu for a while even though every game i want to play is rippable because downsampling triggers my autism
i shouldn't have to compromise asset quality to play a game on real hardware

Attached: 1558131277145.jpg (827x1169, 107K)

>convince my dad to buy me a stack of blank DVDs
>get home
>get my ISO folder ready
>disc reader can't write on any of the fucking discs
DVD-R, DVD-RW, know the difference

Well shit. I'll give it some thought but maybe I shouldn't get one. I'm just enamored with the idea but I can't commit myself.

>alcohol 120%
120%?
>it has more alcohol in it than there are alcohol atoms in the universe
don't you mean isopropyl, 99,8%?

>dad already has stacks of blank discs of any kind i need because he pirated stuff too

Attached: 1562939853201.jpg (500x333, 26K)

Its anhydrous ethanol with ethylene gas dissolved in it

I burned illbleed and berserk a couple years ago, I don't remember having any specific problems.

Get the gdemu to replace the laser or use redream emulator