For anyone that bought Blasphemous what are your thoughts?

For anyone that bought Blasphemous what are your thoughts?

Attached: title.jpg (460x215, 47K)

I pirated it It's jank and should only play it if you enjoy the aesthetic

Not familiar with metrovania or the likes, I heard it's brutally hard

What if I pirated it?

It's... fine

Actually, I wish it could be harder.

About four bosses in, and I agree. Most enemies are easy to get around and each boss I've beaten by my second try each time.

If you like the aesthetic, grab it on sale but don't go in expecting a true hardcore 2D Soulsborne game. And also the game has a fuck load more platforming than it leads you to believe.

I keep getting the "souls like" I played souls games, but not in third person, I'm just thinking about waiting till steam autumn sale. Fuck, I also want Va11halla too

Had 25 hours of pure fun. I wish it was more polished, though.

gah I'm not sure if I want it or not, watching gameplay doesn't really help much

Cons; buggy as fuck, tons of glitches, final boss glitches, pointless execution gimmick that might as well not be in the game, lame boss fights, somehow too easy and unrewarding, you see what youll be unlocking right from the get go so theres no surprises, cringy dialogue and okay to bad to terrible voice acting, 60% of the game takes place in boring dungeons or sewers so dont go in expecting to be constantly blown away by kino art direction, game seems empty, it feels like it needed more time in production, doesnt feel polished, pointless magic system where youll forget it exists because your sword already solves every problem youll encounter, lame collectibles

Pros; cool aesthetic, kino ost, satisfying combat, decent sound design, fun platforming, short, aaaand thats about it

Its a style over substance game. Pretty disappointing desu. Especially the bosses. Was really looking forward to them. Was hoping for more enemy variety as well. Feels like they had a lot of solid ideas but didnt have the time to see everything out.

Attached: 3F32409600000578-4405264-image-a-139_1492033094000.jpg (284x396, 31K)

One last thing. Pretty much every boss you can just tank dmg and swing away without even evading attacks. Theres no overcoming any challenges. You just mash to win.

Pacing is great, all the hidden backstories and neat things are batshit crazy, but consistent in a way that works very well. Boss fights are great.
The music and atmosphere are really fucking great though, all the boss fights are so fucking weird and disorienting.

Attached: 1557178775923.png (696x364, 199K)

fucking incel piss off

This is a metrovania why the fuck are you faggots comparing it to darksouls.
Fucking zoomers.

It's ok. Fags here said it was a 2d Dark Souls but it's just another metroidvania in a sea of better options. It's a 7/10 with 10/10 style.

I enjoyed the aesthetic but I wish they had expanded and polished either the platforming or the combat a bit more. As it is now both seem shallow

It's not worth dying over and over to horrible placed insta-death spikes because of the shitty controls.

Design and music are top notch, lore and story is ok, wish it had more secrets though, combat is solid but nothing to write home about, map is good with variety, platforming ranges from ok to bad, leveling up system is not that well implemented. Haven't found that many glitches as others (played it on PC), lots of collectibles if you are into that, bad voice acting. Boss design is great but fighting some of them can be underwhelming like that fucking baby. Took me about 14 hours to beat getting the good ending and at like 93% of the game completed, all in all I think it was worth it and I recommend it to anyone who likes Castlevania, Ghouls n Ghosts and Dark Souls.

Appreciate the helps anons, I think I'll wait until the steam sales.

Attached: good boi cat.jpg (628x452, 52K)

The good:
Rad as fuck art direction
Good music
Solid combat
Some neat area gimmicks

The bad:
Instant death spikes do not belong in a game where the punishment for death continually gets worse
Some annoying enemy designs
Some really, really shitty area gimmicks.

Probably just me:
I would have personally enjoyed it more if there was much less platforming.

I wish they didn't try "le soulz narrative" in this one and fleshed out the world more, I still don't know if the grievous miracle is an entity or an event or how the fuck some stuff in the game happens, are those giants always giants? why does defeating a tentacle kill a whole giant baby? is penitente-kun Jesus?

I'm still playing through it, I'm at the boss that's being held up by several arms so I'm gonna post this and dip before any spoilers but so far I'm really enjoying it. The story is 2deep4me and that's okay, I love the Souls series to death and I couldnt tell you the story there either.
The 2d pixel art is fantastic and the art direction they've chosen is to fucking die for. Seriously some of the enemy design is pretty dope.
Love all the gore.
The gameplay feel good although I'm hoping for the next title we have the option of using different weapons since most of the time you're just using the sword with some spells every once in a while.
I think for a first game in a series its pretty great.

Controls are really bad, but the art is great. Sickdark as fuck.

>Controls are really bad,
No.

Time to start praying for steam sale to have Blasphemous.

>grug no like
>grug say no
>grug smart

Because dying and leaving stuff behind is now the only thing required to be a souls game.

I understood that it's like a plague or curse that God sent because everyone in Cvstodia was literally asking for it and God obliged.

It also has many other things dark souls invented, like skeletons, swords and churches

its on gog you retard
>DUUUH PRAYING TO BUY THINGS DUHHHH

I don't use gog :(