No actual main story...

>no actual main story, just a central plot throughout many shitty stories no one really cares about besides finishing them to get to the dungeon/get a mask

>without the aid of the internet this would be a much worse game; ex the gibdo dungeon, getting all of the masks. some of the shit makes me believe it wasn't intended for most players to get all of the masks

>much of the game is just waiting for something to happen

>deku boss in the n64 version didn't really make much sense from a game design perspective being you didn't use a specific item or strategy like typical zelda, bosses you sort of just hit like a normal enemy.

>goron boss was legit just running around in circles until it died

>stone tower boss was more frustrating then fun with the shit aiming and having to refuel magic to actually land a blow

>dungeons outside of the boss were ok i guess nothing memorable

cool concept but this wasn't a good zelda game

Attached: downloadfile-1.jpg (300x206, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3HyNJHAmq80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>reddit spacing
>thinking the characters/world were uninteresting
>impatient
>expecting a 3D Zelda to have challenging bosses
Okay underage.

OP is a fag but there's no such thing as reddit spacing

I liked it. In fact, it's my favorite Zelda by far.
What are you gonna do about it, faggot?

rather underage than thinking two dimensional characters with 1 personality trait is cool and good because the game was dark and epic. no one plays zelda games for the characters.

you're not making any sense.

>OP is a fag but there's no such thing as reddit spacing

Attached: 1518478096923.jpg (1000x1000, 115K)

(You) me next time, pussy.

MM had infinitely more challenging an interesting bosses than most Zeldas. At least in this one you had multiple different ways of taking down bosses making them an actual fight instead of
>dodge twice than hit the eye weakpoint"

Spacing out between ideas is fine, but doing it every single line is reddit spacing.
So you admit it then.

>Spacing out between ideas is fine, but doing it every single line is reddit spacing.
no, there's no such thing as reddit spacing at all.

Wow, OP isn't a fag for once
MM is honestly just okay. Not a top 5 Zelda

Attached: download.png (1064x560, 379K)

Yes there's. ON reddit instead of having ine hit of the enter button sned you down
like this.
And multiple being able to
give you a black space between your lines,
You can only just hit the enter button twice to end the current line and start at the one right below.
When people try to do this on 4 chan though they end up with plenty of spaces which is why reddit spacing is a term

Okay, live in disbelief of the truth then.

no, as a "phenomenon" it's not real. people who aren't newfags know that no one gives a fuck about formatting and people have spaced like that since the site's inception and no one gave a fuck. someone forced the reddit spacing meme years later and newfags fell for it.

*ahem*

Attached: 1547630032815.jpg (8000x8000, 3.28M)

empty words.

I'm mm I thought the bosses weren't puzzles because time was your main enemy. If you took too long then you start over. Having actual fights that eat time if you perform poorly works.

pixels bro

Breath of The Wild is overrated as shit. Zelda through away their unique adventure formula to just copy the commonplace mundane open world shit we've been seeing for over the better half of a decade now.

Of course Nintendo fags where completely astounded at the idea because they haven't looked outside their gamer room for over 15 years, let alone play a non Nintendo game

I've played other games and BoTW is good.

All you said is "no". You get what you give.

BotW did what I wanted the next Zelda game to do. Now I want more of a return to the OoT/TP style, but I still love BotW for what it is

Nice bait.

Okay then, show me a screencap proving that beyond any doubt and I'll shut the fuck up that moment, not just for big words though.

MM is a better game than OoT. It's simply not as easy to get into as OoT. Like OP said, you need a guide for a lot of MM but if it was made less complex, it would not be as great.

because I of course just have a super old screenshot of double spacing just lying around. just don't be a newfag, and there's your evidence.

Okay man, number 1)

People here on Yea Forums hate Reddit. Sure you can call all these people "NewFags" if you want to assume that everyone whose been on Yea Forums for over a handful of years secretly loves Reddit, but just looking and reading the site that's not true.

Number 2)

There are plenty of people each day that get tired of the faults of Reddit and come here to vent or post or have fun. And these people who've never been here before still maintain their old Reddit typing habits from Reddit's bizarre typing rules. Which others use to call them out for whatever reason

Why are you defending this so much?

Extremely shitty taste, but it's still one of those threads I guess.

Attached: my-image.png (1064x467, 376K)

I feel like you're trying to be as pretentious as possible

>j-just don't be a newfag
compelling argument retard. evidence or keep looking stupid

I'd put skyward sword on the bottom but all in all good list

>Not a top 5 Zelda
>but WW is
lmao

Yes, I like Zelda most as a lighthearted adventure

>People here on Yea Forums hate Reddit.
No, thinking you have to "hate" Reddit is a newfag meme to try to fit in. I personally don't care about reddit, some people hate reddit, some people use reddit, and have for years. Thinking that "we all hate reddit right guiz?!" is newfag shit.
>Why are you defending this so much?
I'm calling you out for thinking a phenomenon is real when it's happened since before reddit was a thing, dipshit.

>no evidence
I see you don't know what the burden of proof is.

Yeah. I know BotW was a very quality open world, but I don't play these games for a massive vaste time waster with no interconnected world or places to talk to or meaningful story going on in each area. Zelda has set itself up as a more theatrical story driven adverture game while all other game series have abandoned that original gaming goal so they can abide by conventions of genre to hopefully sell more copies. Making the interconnected and story focused Zelda all too rare nowadays and it will be a huge shame to see that go

I don't have a screenshot lying around, and I'm not gonna bother looking for one. they did double space, I don't care if you think I'm lying.

The only people that disliked MM got filtered by it. OP bringing up guides further proves this.

Attached: 1567374567644.png (578x152, 1K)

>without the aid of the internet this would be a much worse game
Brainlet detected; Opinion discarded

In what way?
Honestly, half the reason it's up there is because it's a challenging Zelda game, the other half is some of the Skyloft quests like the hand in the can.

>no evidence
There is evidence, I'm not gonna bother giving it because it's too much work for something stupid.

Wow where did you get all these deformed infos? Were you paying any attention when playing the game?!

>bro believe me. it only started happening with reddit.

if you mean double spacing, people did that before reddit

>Zelda 2 top tier
>ST and SS second tier
Taking all of the least popular games and putting them on top as if your taste is above the unwashed masses

guy, just because you are an oldfag and you don't care about Reddit doesn't mean that every old fag doesn't. Many oldfags went through much of their creation being co-opted by Reddit and the more mainstream internet, like the SCP foundation, so why then would some oldfags not hate Reddit. Many oldfags probably used Reddit and themselves left because of its faults. I don't know why you project so much

You are right, it wasn't the easiest Zelda come to think of it.

Either you back up what you're saying, or you're blowing air out your ass because you just think you're right. You won't convince anyone that way though so there's no point.

>their is evidence i just dont want to right now

why is link to the past so low? and how the fuck is oot s tier. most overrated Zelda game by far no question.

This but without the reddit spacing.

What real flaws does OoT have besides the stupid ending which doesn't really hinder the experience

>doesn't mean that every old fag doesn't.
And I didn't say that every old fag doesn't. I said some people use it, or hate it. Can't read?
I'm not blowing air. I'm not trying to convince you, everyone who's not a newfag already knows I'm right.
Literally yes

this but without the made up phenomenon

If you're saying that some oldfags hate it and talk about it than you've just accepted my point that Reddit spacing is a real thing people don't like here and not just newfag coping. What are you even doing?

Zelda 2 has the best combat in the entire franchise, literally the only reason not to like it is that you couldn't into it.
Spirit Tracks was a genuinely fun game and Spirit Zelda was a good character.
Skyward Sword was full of highs and lows, but I really appreciated those highs because no other 3D Zelda but MM delivered on what it did as well.
A person's opinion isn't automatically pretentious just because it goes against the flow.
I've been meaning to give ALttP a replay since it's been so long, but my initial impression is that it was sort of dull. It didn't help that it had the same aesthetic as FSA either.

>Reddit spacing is a real thing people don't like here
Yes I know. I'm saying the phenomenon isn't real, not that people aren't angry at the fake phenomenon.

I love Majora's Mask, but I can't help feeling like there's some missed potential. You never really have to plan or make good use of time through an entire cycle. You keep so much stuff when resetting time and with the bank that it's way too easy to just use pic related to skip to whatever time you need it to be for whatever you want to do next.

Attached: doubletime.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

It doesn't which is what makes it so great. It was the perfect Zelda game because there was no more Zelada that a Zelda game could be. Which was why the heavily deadlined MM decided to go in a strange, unique game not only creating an excellent work of art, but a unique masterpiece of a video game that has never since been replicated

Also, OoT is in S for its amazing atmosphere. That's the one area it truly shines in.

Well how is the Phonomenon not real? People used to Reddit typing do keep their habits when coming here I've seen it myself

Why are you posting then? Just to stroke your own dick?

>a unique masterpiece of a video game that has never since been replicated
Yes, the ways MM irritated has never been replicated. That's for sure

Attached: 1545254465420.png (906x506, 793K)

>Playing the 3ds version
I understand why you're not liking it. But I also think you should learn to have patience, zoomer

>Well how is the Phonomenon not real?
because people have done it before reddit even existed
to let you know you're being a newfag. you can take it or leave it.

Those are just the screenshots I have of shit I hated on the 64 too. The remakes of OoT, TP, and WW were all clear improvements. The backlash to MM is just people realizing the game was filled with problems from the start

Attached: 1545254592906.jpg (908x610, 119K)

I 100% this game as a child before I was allowed to even use the internet. Just because you're a stupid faggot doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Yeah no. The MM remake made multiple things worse.

The backlash is just a bunch of Zoomers you can live with having to wait, and save in a unique fashion and want to just fight shit instead of enjoying the tone or world or atmosphere or doing sidequests

But most of them were done in response to things that weren't good to begin with

Zora swimming always controlled poorly
The bosses besides Goht were always mediocre

>The backlash is just a bunch of Zoomers
Yes, it's zoomers who get ultra autistic about needing to preserve ever minor detail of MM as if the game didn't have flaws. If other Zelda fanbases had the mindset of MM, shortening the bug hunts in TP would be seen as removing content

Imagine being this desperate for attention. I mean sincerely imagine it. It's actually sad.

That means nothing if you can't prove it, even if it is true in some unlikely event. It doesn't change the fact that there's no point.

>tp A tier
>spirit tracks over half of the zelda games
this list is wack af. i agree with alttp being d tier, but TP isn't a great zelda game, id say its a good game but compared to it's peers it is very lackluster. SS might be the black sheep due to motion controls but its dungeons and bosses are some of the best in the entire series and doesn't deserve to be F tier due to people not being able to use a different form of controls. most people unironically thought wii motion plus used a sensor bar...

Zora swimming was really enjoyable before for one.
Either way, all I'll say is that they traded off way too much just for a couple QoL updates, the biggest one being atmosphere.

>>spirit tracks over half of the zelda games
Yes, Take away the train sections (which I kind of like because I like trains) and it's a game that's above average in every other aspect that I look to a Zelda game for. Love the characters, dungeons, items, setting, and OST

And while I agree with the notion that MM 3D is a downgrade. Saying so comes with the acknowledgement that the things that make MM a great atmospheric experience do not make it a great video game

based. fuck fedora's mask fags

Attached: 1543170218001.png (1002x688, 719K)

Attached: Zeldas.png (1216x467, 355K)

why are you playing a trash remake of a good game

>Saying so comes with the acknowledgement that the things that make MM a great atmospheric experience do not make it a great video game
How so? Atmosphere is an integral part to any video game experience.
High quality taste user

Why do people hate 4swords?

>MMfags need to deflect to the 3DS version in reference to a part of the game that was in the original too

No friends

>How so? Atmosphere is an integral part to any video game experience.
But MM's atmosphere is built on stress and frustration so that atmosphere is built on a game deliberately designed to be stressful and frustrating. That leads to a lot of bad game design decisions that are necessary to preserve the tone of the game.

>But MM's atmosphere is built on stress and frustration
You just couldn't into the time mechanics if that's all you think the atmosphere in MM is.

There has never been a single good zelda game and even BOTW is just my wifes son: the game. Prove me wrong.

>Zora swimming always controlled poorly
Zora swimming was entirely dependent on the player's skill

Attached: 3D zora swim fix.gif (480x270, 2.4M)

No (You) for you. Learn how to post genuinely instead of baiting.

>Hurr youre just bad a at the game
I don't know why I bother attempting an actual discussion on this game.

When looked at objectively, MM3D has a better way of saving and dealing with time but for the game's atmosphere to work proper, the time and save systems must be a pain in the ass to deal with for the bleak tone of the game to work. Time is meant to be your enemy, not your friend.

shit list boomer

Attached: legend of zelda tier list.png (1216x467, 377K)

>I don't know why I bother attempting an actual discussion on this game.
Maybe look past your lack of skill when judging a game.
>When looked at objectively, MM3D has a better way of saving and dealing with time
I'm not denying that, but that has very little to do with how they ruined the atmosphere.
>the time and save systems must be a pain in the ass to deal with for the bleak tone of the game to work
Not at all, seeing how people cope with the apocalypse in their face combined with scenery, music, etc. is what makes up the atmosphere.
>Time is meant to be your enemy, not your friend.
The song of double time casualizes the whole thing and that's still ignoring the fact that the 3DS version gimped it, making time go even faster than the N64 version.

>Zelda 2
>D
>OoA
>C
Git gud.

>Not at all, seeing how people cope with the apocalypse in their face combined with scenery, music, etc. is what makes up the atmosphere.

But the impact is maximized when paired with the player's sense of helplessness with their inability to solve a lot of the problems they encounter until the very end. Other Zelda games show characters in bad spots, but only MM makes it a point to show your inability to do much about it.

>Maybe look past your lack of skill when judging a game.
>The song of double time casualizes the whole thing and that's still ignoring the fact that the 3DS version gimped it, making time go even faster than the N64 version.
Standing around doing nothing is not skill. Why don't MMfags realize this? Again, if other Zelda fandoms were this dumb they'd say the Swift Sail casualized WInd Waker

i for one am hoping the next zelda takes the open world of botw but maybe scales it down a bit so they can add proper dungeons, more enemies, a plot etc.

zelda 2 is terrible, every dungeon copy and pastes the exact same rooms beat for beat

spirit tracks and phantom hourglass are legit bad games imo. Skyward Sword is still fun and does a lot of things right despite what people say.

The fun part about dungeons is surviving to the end, puzzles are the one thing the game lacks. It has some of the best combat/exploration in exchange though.

Motion plus does use a sensor bar, just not in the way you would expect. You don't use it to point at things, but it's used to calibrate the device.

Attached: 1536210273354.png (1257x600, 1.16M)

Go back to Gaia, faggot.

>the player's sense of helplessness with their inability to solve a lot of the problems they encounter until the very end
You can solve almost everything you see on the spot with some planning.
>only MM makes it a point to show your inability to do much about it.
MM is literally all about helping people with all their problems. How could you miss this?
>Standing around doing nothing is not skill.
Neither is making strawmen, but here you are doing it.

Im serious. My parents got me a switch for my birthday and holy fuck BOTW is just so boring. All the equipment breaks easily, none of the shrines are challenging, none of the characters are memorable, the world is just skyrim with a different aesthetic, there are LITERALLY

>Majora's Mask peaked emotionally impactful moments in one of the greatest video game franchises ever made and is actively remembered for it
>"S-subplots bad!"

Attached: 1563006649137.png (448x450, 214K)

I think bloodborne should be wind waker and DS2 majoras mask. Both DS2 and Majoras Mask are pretty divisive games.

Go back to 2005 until you learn how to argue since your dick apparently can't get enough of it, retard.

>underage
Go back.

>M-muh stress and anxiety
>Muh crippling depression

Fuck outta here, your own personal faults are not the games fault.

Attached: images (3).jpg (202x250, 10K)

>You can solve almost everything you see on the spot with some planning.
But even if you can, you often won't because you have other shit you want to get done in the current cycle
>MM is literally all about helping people with all their problems. How could you miss this?
But even your fixes are only temporary until you stop the moon to get to the dawn of a new day
>Neither is making strawmen, but here you are doing it.
You called less pointless waiting "casualization"

Kafei/Anju is the second most emotional moment of the franchise for me, but I still take the ending of WW number one because of the greater impact it has on the world so OP's not entirely wrong on this

>Game about the end of the world with characters lamenting their demise
What would you call it?

i guess from that perspective i can see why some people would enjoy it, but for me it just felt repetitive really early on, i pushed to the last couple dungeons before getting burnt out and not looking back

Time management

That's fine then, maybe you'll enjoy it more if you play in smaller increments.

And the cost for not managing it properly is death and suffering

>much story
I don’t play games for their stories. If you do they make a console for that called PS4

>You never really have to plan or make good use of time through an entire cycle.
The couples mask, you liar

>you often won't because you have other shit you want to get done in the current cycle
Don't act like your personal play style defines the game.
>But even your fixes are only temporary until you stop the moon to get to the dawn of a new day
The masks/heart pieces are the materialization of all your efforts. You even see more clips in the credits depending on what you do and what you don't do, which suggests that somehow, those events trancended time.
>You called less pointless waiting "casualization"
No, I said you have no skill if the only things you got out of the atmosphere are stress and frustration. MM is a very easy game.

>Kafei/Anju is the second most emotional moment of the franchise for me
Kafei/Anju is really solid, but i do think it's a bit overrated and other sidequests are more impactful than it. Most notably the gibdo mask one and pic related

Attached: 389473189431947319857.png (500x369, 255K)

Sure user, you're right and everyone else is wrong, because you're a genius that has seen things the rest of the mortals hasn't!

Her smile and optimism: gone

>Don't act like your personal play style defines the game.
Show me any run done by someone whp's solving every problem he can at all times. Do you go back to the Swamp and save the monkey every time after you finish the swamp?
>The masks/heart pieces are the materialization of all your efforts. You even see more clips in the credits depending on what you do and what you don't do, which suggests that somehow, those events trancended time.
Yes, that's the payoff for all of the failure and resetting of your successes that preceded it
>MM is a very easy game.
A game doesn't have to be hard to be frustrating. Showing up at the ranch on the second day and seeing Romani mindwiped because you couldn't be bothered to stop the ghosts on the first night for whatever reason (It might even be your first time visiting) creates a sense of helplessness that is frustrating.

When I call the game frustrating, I mean it as a complement to the game's tone and atmosphere. It just also means the game can get tedious at parts such as needing to reset the cycle and then wait around to fight the ghosts if you want to actually help Romani

>gibdo mask
I always bring this one up as one of the game's best moment and nobody else ever seems to agree

For some reason I thought there were a lot more Zelda games out there. Odd.
Games not listed are ones I haven't played or haven't played enough to form a real opinion. I like everything C or above.

Attached: My boomer opinion.png (602x410, 191K)

>the worst Zelda ever put on B
That's how your opinion gets trashed.

I know this thread is built on ripping MM but it's nowhere near the worst Zelda ever

But he put Skyword sword in F, user.

I wasnt referring to MM actually, i think B tier is pretty fine for it. I could even put on A because it's the most unique Zelda game ever, that is not simply "Zelda ALttP but with ... this time, like TP is just that with Wolf Link, WW is the same but "the world is an ocean" and so on.
MM on the other hand is enterely built around the time design and a completely new world and lore, and they added the Zelda coat over it after the core of the game was already complete.

The worst Zelda game i was refering to is ST, it's the only Zelda that is unplayable more than once, without using an emulator or cheats, it's just a slogfest.

>, it's the only Zelda that is unplayable more than once
But I've beaten it 3 times and have been contemplating a 4th

SS doesn't deserve the F tier, it has some of the best dungeons in Zeld ahystory, and it beats the TP and WW dungeons hands down. The only problem of SS is the controls and fucking annoying Fi.

>Show me any run done by someone whp's solving every problem he can at all times.
No, I'll instead list a bunch you can do without much hassle since that's what my point is.
>toilet paper hand
>song of storms guy
>bomb shop lady
>any great fairy but ikana canyon
>hungry Goron
>swamp spider house
>captain keeta
The list goes on. Literally the hardest part about them is knowing what to do and the bomber's notebook makes it obvious if it wasn't already.
>Yes, that's the payoff for all of the failure and resetting of your successes that preceded it
Okay, glad you understand the game is about helping people.
>Showing up at the ranch on the second day and seeing Romani mindwiped...
Again, that's on you. Learn to pace yourself better and it'll be a literal non-issue like it is for others.

Because you are using an emulator and speeding up the train sections, like i said.

Nah, it's pretty garbo. Only Zelda game I ever just dropped cause I was fucking bored.
I have no idea why people defend it so hard on here.

Why do normies have such a hard time understanding that games don't need a main structured story like in a movie or something?

>The list goes on. Literally the hardest part about them is knowing what to do and the bomber's notebook makes it obvious if it wasn't already.
But there's more to the game than just clock town
When you reset the cycle, the Dekus resume torturing the monkey, the Gorons go back to being frozen, and Lulu's eggs go back to being missing. If that doesn't bother you then it shows the game failed in developing an emotional attachment to the world and characters

>Again, that's on you. Learn to pace yourself better and it'll be a literal non-issue like it is for others.
God damn, you're stupid. I even mentioned the possibility that it's your first time visiting and you spedread right past it. This is why I typically don't waste time actually trying to discuss MM. Its defenders have trouble reading a full argument

No, I'm playing on my DS and enjoying the music.

I recently tried playing through this for the first time. It was a great experience up until I got to the canyon. That obnoxious mummy fetch quest in conjunction with the FUCKING tedious dungeon completely killed any motivation I had to keep going with the game.

Awful.

Attached: 1460608532449.gif (200x200, 470K)

>But there's more to the game than just clock town
Half my examples weren't clock town.
>If that doesn't bother you then it shows the game failed in developing an emotional attachment to the world and characters
There, that's a fair criticism, it does make the atmosphere worse to see everything reset. At the same time though, everything ends up fixed at the end of the game and they go out of their way to assure you of that, so it doesn't hurt the game that much.
>I even mentioned the possibility that it's your first time visiting and you spedread right past it.
That's a single specific scenario about a single specific side quest. You're just commenting on your experiences at that point, which is entirely subjective.

>It does make the atmosphere worse to see everything reset.
The futility of the resets is supposed to be what drives you to see everything through to the end. Without the resets, the atmosphere doesn't work whatsoever

Because the dungeons were really good and they compensate for a boring outwolrd and a slow paced story.
It's not trash and it's not tp tier, it has great parts and shtty parts, tha'ts more than some of the other Zelda that have only shitty parts and barely decent parts.
If SS is F, then Zelda ST must be in Z tier

>enjoying the music
That's the only thing you can enjoy from that game, agree, it had top tier music.

>quitting on literally the last level

people have posted screenshots of Yea Forums posts from before reddit was ever a thing and reddit spacing was still used here.

ANd the train song in particular is a contender for single best song in the franchise. I find the train sections more than tolerable because of it and the rest of the game is plain great

>their unique adventure formula
But pretty much everyone copied Zelda after ALTTP and OOT. It was hardly unique after that.

>Ages above Seasons
Superb taste.

good taste

What is unique in rehashing the same base formula for 25 years and just adding a gimmick to make it look new every time?
BotW and MM are the only real unique Zelda games since Zelda 1 and LttP.

OoT wasn't unique when it came out?

Yes and no.
It was unique as a 3D game, but it's basically a 3D version of LttP with just a dfferent story.
I mean, OtT and Link's Awakening projects literally started as a N64 and GameBoy porting of LttP.

I guess there's some truth to that, good point.

>much of the game is just waiting for something to happen
you clearly were playing it wrong

Fuck Wind Waker

Attached: zeldatier.png (1064x467, 296K)

You have acceptable taste.

Thanks user

Fuck you too

You have unacceptable taste.

The Gorman quest in which Link and the Zora manager help him remember why he got into the entertainment business was the one that impacts me the most.

The Milk Bar was the comfiest place in Majora's Mask

youtube.com/watch?v=3HyNJHAmq80

>t. brainlet

>Yes, that's the payoff for all of the failure and resetting of your successes that preceded it
lmfao, imagine getting bullied by a Zelda game.

Good taste.
Play Minish Cap if you like the Oracles games.

Will do. Worth it to play the DS games?

You fucking morons, how is it that in the span of only a free years we just collectively forgot what reddit spacing actually is
>here’s a hint
On Yea Forums you only need 1 enter press to make a new line outside of the greentext

2 enter presses in normal text is not reddit spacing, it’s just making shit legible.
>on reddit, you need to hit enter twice to type text after a quote for it to not get included in the quote

Which means THIS is actually reddit spacing

Depends on how much you can ollerate tedious and boring mechanics to reach the far between good parts.
PH is just a worse WW, but it's manageable, also it has an unique dungeon with time limit that you have to traver through many times and every time you cna go deeper and deeper with new items, it's kinda cool.
ST is just a standard Zelda game but instead of an overworld you travel with a slow train on fixed rails and with almost no options to teleport around, it's the most tedious mechanic in all the Zelda games. Dungeons are cool though, better than most 3D dungeons.

>Depends on how much you can ollerate tedious and boring mechanics to reach the numerous good parts.
ftfy
>it's the most tedious mechanic in all the Zelda games
The train isn't ever bad unless you're transfering cargo, fighting other trains, or fighting a huge spider.

>Complaining about the Gibdo dungeon

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but isn't virtually, if not every, item available... Within the dungeon?

or traveling for quests in lategame, espetially if you play the game ith no guide and you must search every dam place for npc and othe stuff if you aim for 100%, it's a nightmare, you will spend 2/3 of the game on that fucking train not because it has that much content, but because its a that damn slow and clunky.

Yes but actually no.
Everything is inside the dungeon, except the two item needed for the first two doors that you need to pass to actually enter the dungeon.

>100% without a walkthrough
>not doing as much as you can on your own before calling it a day and looking it up
>going for 100% in the first place
You just played yourself.

>playing a game using a guide at all
>not wanting to do every content a game can offer
wow, we got some casual zoomer here.

>people actually think If a zelda game has 3 dungeons into master sword into 5-7 dungeons it makes generic
fuck you retards. I dont judge these games based on if it doesnt follow some pattern that makes it good or not. I judge the fucking game itself.
Oot is not just '3d alttp' because of 'muh formula''. Go fuck yourself.
Every zelda thread is full of this shit. Some of you guys are alright tho.

Attached: 1560732568717.png (209x363, 127K)

Go back.

>playing a game using a guide at all
I try not to, but if I'm absolutely stumped, I'm not just going to put the game down.
>not wanting to do every content a game can offer
Depends on the game, I'm not going to farm up several hundred rupees just to buy a single heart container for MUH COMPLETION, not if the game is slow to farm anyway.

Wait, seriously?

It's the same for when you put a space after the quote like this. It's more of a newfag thing, though.

no, it's the same exact formula as a link to the past (3 dungeons to start, get master sword, 7 more dungeons that have you switch between the regular and dark world, ganon's castle) but 3d. the only big difference that comes to mind is that there's a half-way boss between the two sets of dungeons in alttp

Except Wind Waker's the one with the troubled development just like DS2

the point isn't that those games aren't good, the guy literally said the formula is 'unique' even though they rehashed it several times over. nobody's saying the games are bad, just that they follow a formula, which you yourself acknowledged.

name one open world game from the last 10 years that lets you complete it in any order and doesn't force you onto its rails for the story portions

>I'm not going to farm up several hundred rupees just to buy a single heart container for MUH COMPLETION
Fucking disgusting, and you want to talk about videogame?
Why the fuck are yo ueven playing Zelda games then?

thats the most common criticism I hear about tp, that it 'follows the oot formula' and that its just an oot rehash.

The remake makes 100% trivial, but even as a kid I managed 100% on the original without a strategy guide.
I did use one for OoT gold skulatulas though.

i mean, it definitely feels a lot like a moodier, more 'cinematic' take on oot, but that's certainly not necessarily a problem in my book. even then, it's closer to alttp anyways (wolf link vs rabbit link, later on you can enter the dark world as regular link.) my only gripe with it has always been that the areas within the world were always split up kinda weirdly, and there were one two many loading screens, but i also haven't played it in forever so idk

Not an argument, show a easy and fast way to farm up money or shut the fuck up.

is this just a post about god of war 4 that you barely changed when copypasting?

There are dozen for every single Zelda game, and most of them are dead simple that even a kid can figure yout itself.
Stop showing how a brainlet and a casual you are.

Goron rolling through grass, or killing the bird.

obsessing over completion as if it's the only way to properly play a video game is just a shitty way to approach playing video games. some people will always be completionists, sure, but ignoring a heart piece is not going to ruin the overall experience of a fucking zelda game

I'm talking Spirit Tracks user.
>no proof
So you're full of shit, got it.

cope more

My b. I couldn't get through Spirit Tracks, let alone 100%.

autistically tasking yourself to do shit that you get no joy out of is just masochism my dude

and not even the fun kind!

SS needs to be bottom

this is bait

Skyward Sword is trash. It’s dungeons and music and art style are literally the only things going for it. The world and adventure was by far the worst of any major Zelda title. An empty sky and a dead world filled with nothing of note or interest and lacking any sort of grandeur. A repetitive, back-track ending, burdensome event that you prayed would finally be over after fighting the imprisoned for the umpteenth time.

No one remembers the village characters, no one cares about the dragons, no one cares about Skyward Sword.

Nah, it had a level of difficulty, which is saying a lot for a 3D Zelda.
Opinions you disagree with don't automatically make something bait.

It had no difficulty.

Unless you played on Hero Mode, which actually works unlike the shitty remasters

This was written by someone that was born almost a decade after this game came out.

sure, but liking spirit tracks more than the minish cap and putting adventure of link above the majority of zelda games makes it seem like a fairly contrarian statement rather than a genuine opinion

I got all the masks without a guide as a kid, git gud you fucking faggot.

Attached: d88c1c8d9161adbab36fc2d8bd0513b8.jpg (1260x1250, 178K)

I value challenging games a lot more, it's that simple. The only part I'm actually iffy on is ALttP since I've only played it twice.

fair, but idk. there's challenging and there's frustratingly designed. it's a fine line but idk, at least in the case of spirit tracks, the touch controls just make that game annoying for me

sorry for the two 'but idks' there, i did not sleep very much last night and i'm starting to feel it

The Message of Majora's Mask essay elevates this game's story to one of the best ever. It really made me see what the "point" of all of this bizarre shit is and how it ties into the HoT Link actually undergoing serious character growth.

I agree that this game is not as good as OoT. Unlike OoT it took me a while for me to GET this game. But when I did it was fun.

>Spirit Tracks
>not bottom tier garbage

Attached: my-image.png (1203x560, 381K)

Zelda Waggle Extravaganza is F tier brother but Zelda Train Adventures is also shit.

Agreed.

I loved MM as a child, but on replaying it, it's really annoying and badly designed. But OoT I can replay any day.

Attached: IMG_20190918_201641.jpg (1500x1500, 217K)