Yea Forums says this game is boring and outdated

>Yea Forums says this game is boring and outdated
>try it out anyway
>it's really fun, a bit rough around the edges but still really fun

Are you guys memeing about 2 as well?

Attached: 51YCB6D1ECL.jpg (346x500, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac
youtube.com/watch?v=mnAQntvJYP8&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nah 2 is actually garbage

Only retards say 1 is "outdated".
2 is legitimately fucking awful, nobody will disagree on that. You can beat it in an afternnoon so might as well judge it for yourself.

All the DMC games are fun to play, with the exception of 2. 2 is the lowest point in the franchise, to the point where people prefer DmC over 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac

Nobody in their right mind honestly believes DMC1 isn't an amazingly fun game.
Nobody in their right mind considers DMC2 even remotely good. The director (who was only brought in during the last 4 months to fix another guy's mess) was so ashamed of how bad DMC2 was, that he considered resigning and leaving the industry. Instead, he fought tooth and nail to make a third game, to redeem himself and his team.
DMC2 is the high bar, the golden standard of Bad. It really shouldn't have been released in the first place.
Consider yourself warned.

Attached: 1565537622553.png (749x470, 700K)

Attached: DMC1_Combos.webm (320x240, 2.78M)

DMC 2 is amusing because of how much of a trainwreck it is. I think it's worth a shot if you have bought the HD trilogy, but don't pay the 20 bucks capcom is asking on Switch. It's honestly fucking amazing they decided to keep the pricing.

Holy Jesus.

Nobody says 1 is bad. Outdated at its worst, but not bad at all.

2 is legit one of the worst games I've ever played because there's no sense of speed, danger, or weight to anything at all. Plus all the bosses besides maybe 2 of them are terrible.

Attached: 1533164767110.png (992x940, 407K)

1 is my favourite and 2 is genuinely awful

think of the worst game you've ever played,now play dmc2,congrats this is the new worst game you've ever played and worst sequel of all times,it's genuinely horrifying how much of a quality drop is there from dmc1 to this garbage,the only good things about DMC2 are a few tracks from the OST

People who say DMC1 is outdated are comparing it to the CUH-RAY-ZEE fluid gameplay of DMC3-DMC5 without recognizing that DMC1 is essentially in a different genre; more horrifying; more atmospheric; more brutal.

DMC2 is a rushed mess of a game with shitty balancing, and to make matters worse you have to slog through it several times if you genuinely want to experience its good points. What few interesting mechanics bosses have are not present on Normal difficulty. After having to beat the game the 3 or 4 required times to unlock Trish, I played through DMD with her and that was the most fun I'd had playing DMC2 (still not as enjoyable as my one and only DMC1 playthrough).

Attached: trish ass.jpg (1920x1080, 161K)

No one is memeing about DMC2, but 1 is my favorite to this day. It still does some things better than all the rest; DMD is the most fun it ever was in the first game.
Also, gave us based mommy.

Attached: DMC_Trish.png (316x1073, 268K)

I don't know why you thought Yea Forums hated DMC1 considering this board is populated by a huge amount of Kamiya dicksuckers

no meme DMC 2 blows. if anyone says it sucks its probably a retarded zoomer who never played it when it came out.

DmC is better than DMC 2 4 and vfc 5.

Fight me.

Not in a million sales, Tameem.

>Yea Forums says
I think I see the problem right off the bat.

>Are you guys memeing about 2 as well?
No. 'fraid not. DMC2 is rather boring. If you feel inclined try it out. If by the 3rd mission you are still enjoying it then it might be for you but the game wasn't made ny the same people so while it looks the part it is still missing all the charm and elements that made the original memorable.

Attached: 5a3f26f05ce6701c01588132f13bc267.jpg (1464x1958, 350K)

You know, if you don't believe the people here all you have to do is youtube a few videos and you'll see that this is the general consensus, not just here.
youtube.com/watch?v=mnAQntvJYP8&t=1s

I love the weight and feel of Dante's attacks in DMC1, they have a certain impact to them the later games lack.
Charging the Ifrit gloves are a good example, I think it's the sound design that enhances it so much.

DMC1's sound design is legitimately 10/10

I never said 1 is bad, I think it's still a lot of fun. 2 is anti-fun. That being said, if you're gonna be a DMCfag, you might as well play through DMC2 twice.

Well, that's because they still make an impact. Take stinger, for example. When you stinger the yah from Dante, the boom when it ends and the way the camera shakes like you just caused an earthquake give it such a punch. It lasts less than a second but god damn if it's not thunderous. The other games gave up on that for whatever reason. They're so meh about things like that.

got any more?

But you are not Yea Forums. You are some dude, one among thousands, who say a whole lot of shit and a lot of those shit talkers have said that about DMC1.

How hard could it be to simply redo the most widely liked fight from DMC3?

Attached: DmC.webm (512x288, 2.62M)

I can only respond to your post as an individual, sharing my individual opinion. I haven't been elected Prime Minister of Yea Forums, and most people disagree with who they voted for two seconds after the polls lose.

Dude.

Some people just really don't replay games. DMC1 does feel clunky and restrictive, but there's an element of enjoyment to mastering that and becoming this unstoppable god of death. You won't truly understand this feeling except maybe by the end of the first playthrough, if they didn't already get burned out and start button mashing, grenade rolling their way just to get through it to continue on to what's generally considered the best of the series. The game's combat flash isn't in the combo variance, but utilizing the right tool for the encounter. Not about the freedom of combat, but more a puzzle you piece together as you as you set routes through the levels granting you S ranks. This ends up a good game for single sitting playthroughs at about 2 hours. And it really does shine on New Game playthroughs as oppsed to NG+ since enemies don't have a lot of health, starting from scratch and planning your upgrades becomes fun. DMC2 does suck though, just play Gungrave instead if you want a fun 3D shootemup.

One thing that really helps is that crunchy sound fx and particles that fly off enemies like the lizards shields. And is there anything more satisfying than shotgun criticals on the sin enemies. Maybe dropping a DT Inferno on a group of marionettes.

Attached: 1511222444212.png (935x680, 1.26M)

>DMC1 is essentially in a different genre; more horrifying; more atmospheric; more brutal.
It also seems like they just have different design theories regarding combat. DMC1 wants you to be stylish but kill enemies faster as you progress, the critical hits and special DT moves being nukes show that. In 3 it feels like more focus is just on being flashier as you improve, but not increasing your damage output as much.

This looks way more fun to watch than most of the combo shit from DMC4 autists.

Was that real time weapon switching in the middle of it btw?

I actually went through a marathon of the games. The problem with 2 is it's so boring. Games not bad like broken, but mind dumbing boring since you can shoot stuff to death. Also a lot of the levels and bosses are boring.

>shooting a nobody with a charged grenade and then dropping an inferno to kill it in two hits

Attached: kon.jpg (128x128, 10K)

2 is utter shite and only people that go "I can't play this game, it's too old" dislike 1.

If you want to see how garbage 2 is on your own go ahead, but you'll see the hate is more than justified.

yeah, you click down the left stick for it

yeah DMC1 is better than DMCV