Now that lots of cuts are confirmed, which 4 third parties deserves to stay?

Now that lots of cuts are confirmed, which 4 third parties deserves to stay?

Attached: B42BCE4B-D838-4184-83D8-EA8DF865D6C7.jpg (640x837, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tv0FkXzx5DM
imgur.com/bPGxH2W
twitter.com/AnonBabble

theres going to be more numerous smashes?

Sans, Hero, Joker, and Sonic

Snake (because fuck you he was first), Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man

I only care about bayo

I don't know why, but I feel Terry and Ryu has a good chance of staying. I guess Ken too since he basically plays the same as Ryu

The ones that have never been dlc.

As long as pic related gets in, they can cut whoever they want.

Attached: 1568636556362.jpg (2048x1168, 243K)

Pac-Man, Sonic, Ryu, Mega Man. Any other answer is zoomer non-sense.

Can't they just add more characters to the already existing game and say it's a new game like they did with ultimate?

It's not the same engine retard, he told you several times. LISTEN TO THE MAN ZOOMERFAGGOT!

Sonic, Banjo, Ryu, and Snake

Sonic, Banjo, Pac-Man, Simon Belmont

>Banjokes unironically think he deserves to stay over the other choices
Fuck off, Mega Man shits on autism cereak bear

Unless there is some massive gameplay overhaul in the sequel what would be the point of not just porting all these characters again?

Just Sonic desu. The rest aren't as important.

Hopefully they're all gone. Quickest way to trim down the lineup to a good size is to go back to Nintendo only.

Licensing issues and time consuming, you just don't "port" the characters retard, you have to update the models, hitstuns, HP, lighting and a lot more.

Also too many characters can eat up game development, there is fuck all for single player, and they cut stuff like trophies and Break the Targets which has been Smash stables for decades.

>Snake (because fuck you he was first)
Nah, fuck that Sony Brony.

>you just don't "port" the characters retard
That's what they did with Ultimate, dont see why they couldn't do it with a future game

sonic
pac man
Ryu
banjo

pac-man and whatever you guys want

Attached: 1497319454904.jpg (863x640, 53K)

The ones you don't like.

why don't they just copy paste all of them to the new game like they already did

Ultimate is the same engine as Smash 4

One Konami rep is a given.
the question is
Snake or Simon?
Snake is more popular, but Simon have a bigger history with Nintendo.

I think Banjo might stay permanently but it's hard to say. It'd suck if he got cut after trying to get in for so long.

Attached: 2019-09-18_18-54-26.png (537x398, 236K)

Clone characters don’t need to be in the game. Idk why Dark Samus, Dark pit, falco, wolf, dr. Mario, and all those generic anime sword characters that all play the same are even in the game at all. Leave Roy OR Marth in and that’s enough for the weeabo with comically big sword character.

The ideal for me would be to make the base roster first party only and make guest characters DLC.

How are they even going to get people to buy the next Smash game unless it's just a rerelease? We know sure as hell it won't be the last in the series, so what can they do? Everyone will treat it like a downgrade if it's the same base mechanics with a cut roster

Attached: 1567880612629.jpg (640x728, 59K)

Licensing agreements would make it impossible to get everyone.

Doesn't matter, not going to buy the next one if there's less. Unless they do the impossible and give me Hatsune Miku which they won't. It's best to just port this one forever if they can somehow get every license again, which isn't likely either

Sure, because Mario, Luigi, Link, Zelda Ganondorf, ROB, Charizard and a ton more were "ported" from Smash 4 with absolute no changes to their models, or attack inputs.

Fucking retard, you know shit about game develeopment.

Microsoft and Nintendo seem to have a good relationship. And we can hearing rumblings of Rare reviving Banjo. I believe we have a greater chance of seeing Banjo again than not

>Bayonetta
>Safe
Nah.

depend of the studio i guess.
Sega is cool with Nintendo
Konami are very friendly with them, same for Capcom.
Square is pretty random, Bamco is ???

Thanks for some of that crusty clickbait, OP.
I really needed to be told what to be angry about by some literally who blogger who only shows the big lines without offering a proprer interpretation of his interview. Now I can feel outraged and feel the need to express myself loudly online.

They got new models and shit, not much besides that.

Bomberman has way more games and a bigger Nintendo history, even a crossovermwit

>Corporation™ has good relations with other Corporation™ so that means a single video game will keep its third party characters!
What is with this literal 12 naive bullshit i keep seeing? Relations between companies means fuckall dude.

I wouldn’t be broken about outright losing Joker and Hero

I’d do a trade in deal for other guest series, like Akuma for Ryu + Ken and Kula or Geese for Terry

You realize Nintendo has been funding the Bayo series right? She's basically a Nintendo property now.
>they were ported!
>except for the new models, new animations and new gameplay elements

Attached: 1533759537591.jpg (767x730, 70K)

Fuck, the next bomberman that was just announced may be a switch exclusive, since it was done thanks to R success on switch.
Bomberman actually have a lot of chances as a newcomer, but we probably would keep one character. Snake is more likely.
then again Konami are quite friendly with Nintendo so we could maybe keep Snake and Simon, just Richter out.

Snake, Simon, Richter, and Mega Man

Best guess is that they will trim down to the CORE cast and rework them to be as unique as the new roster (with unique specials)

Attached: 1527909805288.jpg (572x549, 34K)

they were basically ported, dont kid yourself

Their attacks are different too, Charizard lost his Rock Smash and ROB has more fuel for his Up B. Not to mention many of the final smashes being new

See, you just don't port shit zoomerfaggot, kill yourself before you bring shame to game development.

Pac-Man is getting cut like it or not.

If they gave even less effort here than in smash 4 what make you think they’ll keep him for the next game.

based, fighting games have better characters than their default mascots.

>ROB has more fuel for his Up B
>changing a single number means a completely different attack

ah yep sure completely different moveset

Literally only Square Enix would be a pain, for whatever reason

Remove Zero Suit Samus.

Banjo and Kazooie, Mega Man, Sonic, PAC-MAN

>Thinking Ryu and Terry are getting cut
Nah bros, they are crossover bums

>Konami has 2 characters here
>Next one will be one
That's retarded, it's either Snake or Simon + Bomber, or all 3 of them like Sega has three characters. No way they only have one Konami rep.

Get rid of dumbass characters who don't belong there, like Pac Man and the villager

Sonic - because of his exclusive Mario/Sonic series with Nintendo
Bayonetta - Because Nintendo lists her as an official first party character now
Final Fantasy - Sony has Cloud in PSABR2, so it’s only right that FF6 should be added in Cloud’s absence
Mega Man - Capcom’s mascot & is basically a Nintendo character due to having 3 seperate Franchises almost exclusively on Nintendo consoles

>Sonic - because of his exclusive Mario/Sonic series with Nintendo
>wanting a life-long competitor to be in your game

Why the fuck are we talking about something that won't happen until 7-10 years? At least wait until the DLC is finished before you cutfags want to speculate over the next game.

Sonic, Mega Man, Belmont and Snake.

lolol die mad

>Implying we'll see a "Future Smash Bros game" for a significant amount of time
They're going to continue to add to Ultimate until the fucking cows come home. The next Nintendo system might even just have a direct Ultimate port, with more 1st parties to make up for the DLC characters whose licenses wouldn't translate over to Super Smash Brothers Ultimate DX (Super Smash Brothers Extra Special for you JP fags)

This one is kind of the penultimate. They should just port it from gen to gen and continue to add fighters/make balance tweaks.

Personally I think most fighters from 64 to brawl need a redesign, Smash 4 and onwards has had fine characters so far (with some obvious exclusions)

Attached: h6YVDFc_d.jpg (640x4493, 276K)

>Castlevania characters
>On shaky ground
You know Konami's testing the waters with Castlevania again, right? I think Simon, at the very least, is here to stay.

Sonic needs his moveset entirely redesigned if he's gonna stay.

I question why Zero Suit Samus needs to be in there, we only need one Samus.

Why the fuck do you think Nintendo are poor and wont pay for Licenses
Theyre not exactly expensive, it isnt hard for Sakurai to get whatever he wants into the game

>Testing the waters
>Recently announced a mobile game

Instant "Fuck Off" Tier
>Cloud
>Hero
Not a Strong Case Tier
>Joker
>Terry
Could Go Either Way Tier
>Banjo (only reason he's this high is because he was an "incredibly easy" deal to make, and doesn't have anything explicit going against him besides a nebulous fanmade sense of "relevance")
>Simon/Richter
Good Chance to Return Tier
>Snake
Practically Guaranteed Tier
>Ryu/Ken
>Pac-Man
>Mega Man
100% Staying Tier
>Sonic

I'm not counting Bayo since she's Nintendo exclusive now.

They'll cut all of the Echo fighters for starters. Several but not all of the guest characters will be removed.

Cloud, Ryu, Snake, Bayonetta and Sonic will stay.

bayonetta is a surrogate nintendo franchise

Sonic
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Banjo

>wanting Zero Suit Samus who isn't even promoted from Metroid anymore and has been pushed to the side significantly to be in the nex Smash when she already lost what purpose she had in Brawl
Kill yourself, you're the problem.

Cloud's days numbered? Haha, no. He's safe.

Attached: cloudsmashnogenoforyoubannerartwork640x324.jpg (640x324, 44K)

Explain to me how that's not testing the waters. Unless you count the new mobile game as the next official Castlevania entry in which case CASTLEKINO'S BACK ON THE MENU BOYS
I think there might be a few issues not with nintendo but with other IP holders being cockbags.
Either way, I think SSBU2 is all but inevitable.
By the end of Ultimate's run, expect there to be 100+ characters.

She's arguably one of the least faithful adaptations too, they straight up gave her rocket heels that have never appeared in the series and so many of her moves make use of it.

putting bomberman in is like putting galaga in, bomberman is never in. he was a 4th rate character even in his prime.

"Your list bad, my list good"

I would expect Pac, Mega Man, Ryu, and Hero to stick around for sure.
Simon is a maybe but Richter is a no.
Cloud and Ken are likely gone.
Bayonetta is possible since Nintendo seems to have partial ownership of her now.
Joker is gone.
Banjo & Kazooie have a solid chance because of Sakurai and MS's comments of what a "natural fit" they are and how easy the deal was to make but I wouldn't call it a guarantee.

Thinking about the next Smash game though and how much the roster is guaranteed to drop, I'm honestly thinking we're going to see a drastic change to the mechanics and a brand new engine. We know Ultimate won't be the last Smash game but it feels very much like it's the end of an era and Sakurai wants to go out with a big bang. Plus, while Ultimate isn't perfect, there is still only so much refinement left to be made to the formula we have. The next Smash could take Ultimate's mechanics and absolutely nail them flawlessly but because half the draw of Smash is its roster, fans may not be as willing to make the jump if it's still largely just more of the same but with far fewer characters. The next Smash is going to need something totally new to incentivize existing fans to give it a try. It's going to need something like adding a third dimension akin to Tekken or Soul Calibur, an entirely new type of attack to expand character movesets, some totally new way for grabs to work, just SOMETHING that brings a drastic shift to the formula. Just further refining Ultimate isn't going to be enough to cut it.

I hope you realize that Sakurai means, "There's no way the next Smash game will only have 'as many' characters as this game, it'll have even more."

Banjo, Joker, Sonic, and Hero

>cutting characters that specifically exist because how easy it is to include them

ha ha

I know, ad be you Metroid threads, for the most part, would be good if she was removed, Metroid games are already pushing her to the background and making the Power Suit the focus again.

Echoes are getting cut, we are getting less fighters & more DLC

Having mobile shit after many years with no games is not a bright future user, the fact that Contra is getting a new game soon and Bomberman got a new game confirmed to be in development shows that they don't care for actual CS video games

Sakurai's a literal madman that will only ever want to push the envelope with Smash as far as it can go. I'm pretty sure he even said something to that effect in the interview.
>As long as there are new characters to make, you can suck my ass I'm doing it
>The next game can't have as many characters
Unless he plans to completely redo the roster, these two things are mutually exclusive.

Yeah, it is, ZSS needs to be removed and should have been removed with Smash 4.

Kill yourself zoomerfaggot, you know shit about video game history

*and I bet you

>Bowser Jr
>Removed
More likely a rework if anything.

Fuck off ACFag no one cares

based

Why does ACfag hat ZSS? She's already established that she's got unique moveset potential and is pretty consistently fun to play. That's a pretty solid reason to keep her if you ask me.

Attached: Aw fuck.png (1085x631, 490K)

I would say these are the safe characters for the next smash. Mewtwo/lucario could go either way, same with Wolf/falco

Attached: Base Roster.png (2157x647, 1.75M)

Attached: Marx Eye Glint.png (1461x763, 1.88M)

He's a pretty tertiary level character

I'd put Rosalina in there. Sakurai seems to like her.

Corporate relationships can be flimsy, and it really depends on a lot of things.

>Mega and Sonic: Will probably stay seeing that they're heavily affiliated with Nintendo and both have supported Nintendo for years
>Konami and Microsoft: Anything can change in the next couple of years
>Squeenix can fuck off
>Joker and Terry kind of seem like one off choices that depend on the future of their franchises
>Bayo 3 is vaporware so I doubt she's coming back
>Ryu has a good likely-hood of sticking around,

I was debating on it, but it doesn't look like Nintendo's shilling her as hard lately

Well seeing as this is the last smash, all of them.

Honestly, looks like a really solid lineup. I hope Kirby, K. Rool and Samus get reworks, and it'd be nice if Bowser got some touchups.
I just have a feeling he had a lot of work go into him, what with each color being a new model, voice acting, etc. Sakurai probably includes it by virtue of not wanting to waste shit.

Since I am not going to get the next Smash I don't care who gets cut.

Are you kidding me it's just copy paste chars with same gameplay

>he cuts pac-man
fuck off and die

Attached: 1552995043559.png (331x352, 211K)

I'm not him, I love Samus in her Zero Suit in the 2D Metroid games, I don't like her in Smash, they never got her and they ruined her personality and make her look like a slut instead of a professional bounty hunter. In Brawl they removed her tits, ass, muscles, and made her face long while giving her a laser whip, in Smash 4 she wore hooker shoes while having a bracelet, in Ultimate, they gave her muscles but removed her tits and ass, kept the heels, and kept the stupid whip and slut personality. Smash never got Samus right and that's a shame, I think 64 and Melee were the only ones that did.

>It'd suck if he got cut after trying to get in for so long
I mean, he's playable in Smash, wasn't that what you wanted? Even if he got cut from future installments, you can still play as him

Wow thank you for your contribution to the thread faggo

Attached: 1560581706888.jpg (490x379, 77K)

There's only been one mainline since her last one and she was planned to be in it before something lead to her being cut.

More like BOOMERman amiright huehuehue

Snake, Sonic, Cloud, Banjo, Ryu, Pac Man, Megaman, and Bayo all are valid selections for a vidya medley cast.

Absolutely awful list, newcomers from ultimate aren't going to get a vast redesign, if they are even in. Dedede is arguably one of the best designed characters in the game, and very accurate to his ingame portrayal.

*right

SeeShe doesn't even play like did in the games.

Replace ZSS with a faithful Dark Samus. I never really wanted Ridley that much since I always felt like DS was a more proactive villain that did stuff. Not that I hate Ridley, but his relationship with Samus is solely based off of shit outside of the games.

I keep seeing this get posted and I swear it's a fucking memetic hazard because now I'm thinking Marx might have a chance.

Definitely see Cloud and/or Hero being cut if only because S-E is a fucking dick when it comes to licensing out their IPs to others, even Sega looks lenient compared to them and Sega has a huge ass laundry list the length of OP's mom's waistline just for how Sonic is to be portrayed.
Banjo I actually think will stay forever since Microsoft recognizes the importance of having a smash rep for their brand and that guy currently heading Xbox actually likes Nintendo.

Now, this is a solid list.

DDD needs to have his Gordo be a standard projectile. If you can't smack back Plant's spikeball, Gordo should be no different.

Cloud is the least safe person considering that Sakurai said we were lucky to get Cloud back for Ultimate at all.

Pretty good list

Sonic, Pac-Man, Bayonetta, Simon/Richter seem like they would be the ones to stay, regardless of deserving. I could see Banjo staying too. I think Capcom and S-E will get new reps.

Honestly, as much as I like Sonic, I don't know if he will relevant enough for a Smash 6 base roster, depending on what the future holds for him. It's not looking too hot, and the franchise seems to be loosing steam.

I'm thinking it's confirmed that everyone will stroke their cocks at Smash 6 for a couple months before going back to Ultimate.

I'm all for that but I want Ridley to stay too, Metroid needs its villain.

>snake
>safe
>safer than hero
lmao

Okay, what does that have to do with what I said? She's got a unique moveset and is a fun addition.

Belmonts deserve to be way more in Smash than Snake

Which was the same engine from brawl and melee, just upgraded.
Smash has only been made from scratch twice, 64 and Melee.

Joker was my never ever, but I know he’s gonna get cut. I wanted him more than any other character as soon as Ultimate was revealed.

Fuck.

Attached: E41A4EC8-E111-4C2B-B357-9DD14F2E20F9.jpg (4032x3024, 1.35M)

>Cutting Ridley
I gotta say, I'd be real fucking pissed if they cut my main after I waited 15 goddamn fucking years for him to be in the game.

Except that Gordo is mechanically different because it bounces 6 million times

>most wanted character was a mute, personality-less character who will be thrown away the instant P6 comes out

I was a Ridleyfag until we got him. They did the lad real dirty to get him to "work".

I love Snake and Hero but Snake is absolutely safer solely on the grounds that Snake isn't owned by Squeenix
Yes I know Konami isn't much better

She's barely anything like she is in the games, why does she need to be there, at least in Brawl she and Samus were one and the same. Why does she need to exist now? I'm tired of ACfag and Zero Suit faggots ruining Metroid threads, we tell you to keep that shit in Smash but you literally just love fucking up our threads.

I don't think Ridley or K. Rool are going to ever be cut. They made a big deal out of rivals in ultimate and both characters are major in their series, especially if K Rool pops up in a new DK game

Mewtwo got cut and he is way more iconic than both of them, no one is safe

I’m a massive personafag, and I knew that if anyone from the SMT franchise would get in, it would be Joker. I was rooting for him.

The same would go for whoever the next protagonist ends up being

mewtwo got replaced by lucario. You can't replace ridley or k rool

Time for a wild prediction lol
>Smash 6
>Base roster revealed
>Massive disappointment
>Tons of "no ___ no buy" threads made
>New reveal
>Most people have already given up on the game anyways due to the sheer number of cuts
>A small minority still stay with hope for Melee 2 in their eyes
>The gameplay gets shown off
>MORE SHALLOW THEN ULTIMATE
>The last people left excited, leave
>More character reveals
>A new minority group of people show up excited for the new characters
>Game launches
>Sells like shit
>All reviews say the same thing, "we lost gameplay and characters, what did we gain?"

There hasn't really been a game that grew samus as a character since Other M. Post Smash 4 ZSS might be where Nintendo wants to go with her, you can't say she's not Samus when we haven't had any other Samus in over 10 years. Quit your bitching.

Attached: unknown (1).png (746x665, 424K)

Most likely, I assume it'll be a whole different type of game, and a actual new one will be many, many years from now. Kinda like what happened with Final Fantasy Dissidia

Konami doesn't really give a shit about the Metal Gear franchise so he's definitely safer than any Square Enix rep.

Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Banjo. Too many realistic humans make up the 3rd party roster.

I completely disagree with this mentality that every character needs to have their playstyle revolve around some kind of crazy gimmick to be a good fighter. Personally I prefer the moveset philosophy of 64 and Melee and most newer characters feel much too gimmicky for me.
There's nothing wrong with gimmicks but they don't need to be overwhelmingly prominent on every fighter. Kirby has a huge gimmick in his copy ability, but his gameplan isn't centralized around it, and I don't want his moves to drastically change because he's super fun to me. All I'd want would be some adjustments to make him more viable, and fixes to his specials.

I was honestly thinking it wouldve been Flynn because he was in an actual Nintendo console in a mainline game and not some dumbass spinoff added a month or two before, but alas

Sonic, Bayo, Pac-man, Simon
Anything other than this is wrong.

>I prefer characters to be skins of the same basic kicks and punches moveset instead of being actual characters in my fucking crossover game

>and I knew that if anyone from the SMT franchise would get in, it would be Joker
I still despise Nintendo for this, how the hell do you decide that you rather take in a Sony exclusive franchise than the franchise that was almost exclusively on Nintendo

They added Terry in for whatever reason, so please don't tell "b-but literal who SMT character"

Like I said, just cut ZSS. I don't hate her, but she wasn't requested at all and wouldn't be nearly as popular without Smash.

If they cut Ridley and ZSS I'm done with Smash.

Everyone can easily figure out which characters wiil be cut, but who are some obvious newcomer shoo-ins?

Attached: EEsugivWkAAq7bb.png (576x812, 576K)

>what make you think they’ll keep him for the next game.
Bamco is currently co-developing smash.

I wouldn't assume their in, could most likely be a new protag

>implying Ice Climbers wouldn't be safe
Unless Smash 6 is on something as shitty as the 3DS that can't handle such a character, it's a lock.

Good fucking God, Lord Almighty, we're now having Smash threads about the NEXT fucking game. And the """DLC"""" isn't even done yet.

Fuck Yea Forums. Fuck manchildren. And most of all fuck all you actual underage dipshits.

Attached: hmm.png (469x657, 444K)

Some FE three houses character

>I still despise Nintendo for this
I doubt it was Nintendo's choice so much as it was all Atlus would let them have for Megaten.

It's pretty safe to assume Rex and Pyra will get in if they haven't been put into the next set of DLC already.

Nah, Sakurai had to apoligize for Rex and even then Shulk was in Xenoblade 2

Shouldn't have made the thread if you don't like Smash then.
Next time don't spam threads for a game you don't want to see.

>It just got announced two weeks ago we're getting even more DLC for Ultimate than previously thought
>LETS TALK ABOUT THE NEXT GAME
I'd be surprised if there even WAS a next Smash. What the fuck could they add to a new smash that would warrant the massive roster cuts it would probably have

terry will stay and zoomer will seethe

It doesn't matter what I do. This is been happening for a good year and a half now. Daily, multiple shitposting threads dedicated to a fucking crossover party game. Like fuck I own Ultimate, I love it. But these threads are pointless and shit up the board moreso than it already is.

There is nothing to be gained from speculation about a non-announced game.

>Atlus only allowing Personashit for Nintendo instead of promoting SMT
>Probably as a way to promote their Persona 5 Royal or however manys spinoffs they shit out
And people tell me shilling isn't real

Deny it all you want, you know it's happening

Attached: ECa5Xj9XUAAEP9D.jpg (710x710, 49K)

how about models not looking like shit for starters, shulk and DK got butchered

Other M was the worst fucking Metroid game in the series, and going by Samus Returns, that's what Nintendo is going for with Samus's personality, shut the fuck up and keep your two senses out of the Metroid series, you stupid ass Smash faggot.

Fix the fucking online and input system. How did they fuck up 4's nearly perfect online so bad with what is basically an enhanced port?

Break the targets has sucked since Brawl, I can't really say that I miss it.

>4's nearly perfect online

Attached: emoji.jpg (600x600, 27K)

This, I love her in Metroid but she needs to go in Smash.

>There is nothing to be gained from speculation about a non-announced game.
Then leave. You're not exactly helping the situation by shitposting about a spam thread made by people who hate Smash that ended up becoming a legitimate thread.

They kept Falco for Sm4sh. Since he had effort put into him in brawl, they're keeping him no matter what at this point. Wolf's also popular leaving him also pretty safe.

Cope. Mega Man, Bayonetta & Sonic are the only 100% locks and everyone else will likely be cut.

>>What the fuck could they add to a new smash that would warrant the massive roster cuts it would probably have
>Actual worthwile story mode like Subspace ro Melee's adventure mode
>Break the targets
>Event matches
>Trophies
>Functional online
>Updated movesets on more characters
>New modes
Wow its almost like focusing on stupid shit like DLC characters ruins the core game

Wolf is in the same position, he was a frankenstein character in brawl but proper in ultimate. All 3 characters are similar regardless, I can't see them keeping all 3

They'll probably overhaul the fighting system entirely so its a very different game.

In what ways is this a legit thread. It's a bunch of faggots posting le ebin
>HE'S IN
And complaining about Nintendos shit online

You forgot Ryu and Terry as the 100%ers

This, fuck rosterfags

Yes, because everyone in Melee and 64 play the exact same way.
Clearly every character needs to have some kind of meter, or some kind of comeback mechanic, or wacky hitboxes or they're just reskins.

Sonic, Pac-Man, and Ryu because they are Super big worldwide and are probably the most iconic video game characters period outside of Mario and Pikachu.
Fourth should be Hero because Dragon Quest is ungodly huge in Japan and is the best possible rep for JRPGs as a genre.

Attached: Chadrick.png (710x897, 267K)

>How did they fuck up 4's nearly perfect online
How bad is your provider that you think 4 is better?

Completely unique movesets
Entirely first party lineup
Reps decided by Smash ballots
Actual story mode like Mortal Kombat
More costumes instead of lazy piece of shit skins

>All 3 characters are similar regardless, I can't see them keeping all 3
All 3 play completely differently dude. They're staying. See this is why I hate cutfags more than any other person in the smash community, they practically want LESS content.

None. If you are going to have to focus on a smaller roster, better to focus on Nintendo rather than try and hit all of gaming. If they have to keep something, probably the closest ones to Nintendo: Sonic, Megaman, Simon, Banjo.

Congrats you've singled out a total of two posts in this entire thread.

Samus Returns is a Metroid II remake. How in the fuck does a remake prove anything about how they want to handle the character going forward?

Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man and Banjo.
DQ Hero a close fifth.

Mortal Kombat had the kind of game where every character came back, yet they still made more and had to cut some characters. This isn't new retard

>no ryu, belmont, or snake
>shulk, bayo, and fucking olimar
zoomers are trash

inb4
>but muh multiplayer fighting game
>nobody plays single player
Speak for yourselves

Why don't they just keep rereleasing smash ultimate and add more dlc over the years.
There is literally no reason to downgrade at this point, it would just disappoint people.

He hasn't played SR so he's just assuming every game after Other M uses that Samus despite the fact that it's been rendered non canon.

no third party is safe, if you think so you're an idiot. Shulk and Olimar are nintendo characters who are the origin points for their series representation, they won't leave ever like Ness or CF. Bayonetta is essentially a Nintendo franchise now and shares the same fate.

Didn't he also say Ultimate will be the last game?

It'd be kino if Massive Hero Samurai goes nuclear and just replace everyone that wasn't in melee

Attached: b14.png (602x598, 202K)

Wrong, all of the characters i named are basically Nintendo characters at this point so it’s impossible to cut them. Pac-Man will be kept because Miyamoto created the gaming industry & requested him to be in the game. Everyone else will be cut, regardless of how much you seethe about it
Capcom themselves literally stated Mega Man is their most iconic character and only one that qualifies as their mascot. He’s not getting cut

They can do anything with Smash and they will still sell over 8 million no matter what. Some characters getting cut won't stop the franchise

No.

They aren’t cutting Megaman or Sonic.

No that was Brawl

Did you even play the game, it's like a massive fuck you to Other M and fixes Samus personality. Samus Returns wasn't just a remake but a massive apology for Other M.

user, what the fuck are you even trying to say?

>Capcom themselves literally stated Mega Man is their most iconic character
Eh, I would say that's changed in recent years.

that's not up to nintendo. Sonic is probably not getting cut because smash is necessary for his reputation not to be in the gutter, but it isn't guaranteed

Dudes had two full TV animes, that's a lot more than a lot of video game mascots.

Licensing. Nintendo would have to renew the licences each time they want to re-release it. If it was all Nintendo characters you could probably do it. Can't now. Other reason is people will want a new game. Rosterfags will lose out over time.

Not as the base roster cause squeenix are a bunch of babies

It hasn’t, they literally added him as their first rep in Smash

I was really hoping that this would be the last one

>fixes Samus personality
Explain how because I might have played Metroid II HD or something.

Yeah but compared to say Ryu Mega Man isn't as we known anymore due to being put on the back burner for years.
Smash was the thing that put him back on the map to begin with.

Three actually, plus a 30 minute OVA

youtube.com/watch?v=Tv0FkXzx5DM

>cutting pacman

Actual faggot

Do 1 rep and possiible echo alt per game franchise and then get even more third parties. I dont to keep playing the samme game

Spring Boy. Probably Akira from Astral Chains

Attached: 1563317949678.png (656x858, 1.08M)

Sakurai says this now, but it's most likely just to temper expectations for the future. We know that he hates cutting characters, which is why Ultimate exists as it does, but when you have so many third parties it's hard to be certain that you can get them all back at once again.
With the next game, I still think there will be very minimal and circumstanstial cuts, and the cutfags expecting a total cast reboot will be sorely disappointed

>Now
They were confirmed literally when Sakurai said this Smash Bros was going to be the last one with everyone a year ago.

square is anal as fuck about crossover. cloud is out for sure. they also want way more money than the rest of the companies when it comes to final fantasy

>isn't afraid of shit
>isn't in a rant about the Baby or Adam
>shoots the Diggernaut's face off because she's tired of its bullshit
>doesn't piss or shit herself when seeing Ridley, goes right on the assault
They even fixed the Gravity Suit, Samus's height, and her design along with the Metroid art work, in general.

>Smash 6 has all the characters except Cloud and Hero because Square is Square

>which is why Ultimate exists as it does
That and it was intended as a 20th anniversary game.

>Square is anal as fuck about Crossovers
>Gives Cloud to Nintendo a second time
>Gives >4< Dragon Quest characters to Nintendo

Yeah im sure theyre real fucking anal

Snake, Sonic, Ryu, Mega Man

He's in.

Attached: __arthas_menethil_and_lich_king_world_of_warcraft_and_etc__272009ef8b4ac7e36c7798cf8eaaaae0.jpg (918x1200, 899K)

Not him, but don't confuse Square with Armor Project/Bird Studio/Enix.

<
There's 1 DQ character.

Also cloud is only there because they know the shit they would have gotten if they backed out.

Massive faggots. Online is all you need. Fuck the shitty single player stuff that you'll finish in 10 hours.
More characters are better

>1 DQ Character
>With 4 Characters designs and 4 voice actors

>Online is all you need.
This is the cancer that's currently killing video games.

You're ill, user. That isn't a personality and I don't know how you can see it as such. Those are things she did in the fucking original game and Other M is already non-canon. None of this proves that the Zero Suit we see in Smash is not the direction they want to go with the character because it's a fucking remake, it doesn't override prime 1, 2 and 3.

Attached: InA4T2Z.gif (600x338, 873K)

>Ruins the core game
Singleplayer isnt the core game
Break the targets isnt the core game
Trophies are not the Core Game
Event Matches are not the core game

Its almost as if
The core game
Is the Gameplay!!
Woaaaah

Spoken like a true zoomer

there is only 1 dragon quest character in the game. what the fuck are you talking about? and cloud is there to make marketing for FFVIIR. Kain would make way more sense

Kill yourself rosterfaggot

First fighting game?
Oh wait

>F-fighting game

Say it, cuck

>Rosterfag caring about gameplay
Kek

You're fucking stupid, who cares about the Prime series they can do whatever with her in that game what matters is that Sakamoto stated they're not going in the Other M direction for Samus in future mainline 2D games and are re-evualating what they show of Samus.
>Sakamoto: To be honest, as far as wanting to change that depiction of Samus, I made what I wanted to make. It did give me some momentum, I guess, and the ability to look at Samus from a new viewpoint, and maybe reconsider what I wanted to show about her.

cope

Attached: 1568727079625.png (998x1082, 244K)

There, no way it's not going to be this.

Attached: 9ae.png (2074x1167, 2.63M)

Did they cancel Prime? No? Commit yourself, you mentally ill piece of shit.

He's literally tossing out a CYA because he understands the reality of legal bullshit and rights wrangling. I don't know why people think he means anything else

I don't really care if they did, I play Prime, they can make Smus have a great personality in those games or fuck it up, I don't care. What they needed to do was fix her personality in the mainline games, the 2D games since Other M fucked that up royally, and they did.

*I don't play Prime
*Samus

we don't even know who the last dlc fighter is you mongoloid

Attached: 1446154817919.png (231x181, 70K)

I'm gucci with this

>wanting Lucina, Zero Suit Samus, Dark Pit, and Toon Link to stay

Just cut all the clones. The current roster sans Doc (make him an alt for Mario), Pichu, Young/Toon Link, Chrom/Roy/Lucina, etc.
Then you can cut meme shit like Piranha Plant and the Miis too. I would assume the only third parties that would get cut would be ones that have licensing issues. Expect most of them to stay in.

>Cut meme shit
>Like Piranha Plant
Mad genofag
Piranha Plant is my main, 1v1 me and run into my Spikeball like a fucking retard and get mad that you don't know how to move properly

>who cares about the prime series
most people? Prime is the main series now

>Zero Suit Samus
>staying in

leave the echo fighters, they take up no roster room

Young Link and Toon Link are not clones. Chrom is not a clone of Lucina. Doctor Mario is not a clone of Mario.
If you were talking about characters like Peach/Daisy and Simon/Richter I'd get what you were saying. The fact that they have their own character slots while the Koopalings are skins is madness, there's no reason for Daisy/Richter to not just be skins.

>Prime is the main series now
Says who, not Nintendo, not Sakamoto, hell even Nintendo still registers 2D Metroid as Metroid and Prime as Metroid Prime, even Sakamoto and Tanabe differentiate them with Tanabe following Sakamoto's guidelines on where to keep the Prime series in the timeline. Sorry to burst your bubbles, reddit, 2D Metroid still is and will always be the main series.

again
>wanting Lucina, Zero Suit Samus, Dark Pit, and Toon Link to stay

Sonic, Mega Man, Ryu, Simon, and Banjo I can see staying

Pac-Man as well if Bandai Namco works on the next game

Kill yourself Banjoke

Sure, why not?
Lucina and Dark Pit are different enough, they're not reskins. ZSS and Toon Link I don't know what your problem is.

>Says who
the people who matter, the players. Same way how persona is the main megaten series now

>Tanabe following Sakamoto's guidelines on where to keep the Prime series in the timeline
May have been true from the start but not anymore. 2D pulls from prime now, not the other way around.

ZSS ruined Metroid threads and isn't anything like the character and no one asked for her, Toon Link gave us disappointing Zelda games.

Not really, Sakamoto just mandated consistency between the two, nothing more.

So you're a fucking whiner then, and want them out of the game for fucking whiner reasons.
I hope ZSS and Toon Link stay in Smash fucking forever.

Nope, what you say don't mean shit, what Nintendo says is law.

Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, Banjo

If ZSS has no connection to Samus, why should she stay, she no longer has a purpose, if they connect her to Samus again like Brawl then I'm fine with her staying but as it is now, she's taking up space, also three Links, really?

Sonic, Megaman, Cloud and Snake

>She no longer has a purpose
What the fuck are you talking about
Do you feel the same about Shiek?
>Taking up space
Oh I see, you're retarded.
>Three links
They do different shit, so I don't really care. My issue is with echoes that are literally reskins, of which there are only 2 and Richter at least has one actual mechanical difference albeit a tiny one.
Complaining about ZSS or the Links is gay shit.

>People here actually think Ultimate is not the last Smash game

>Do you feel the same about Shiek?
I do, they are the same character, why change this

Kill yourself retard, Zelda hasn't had a unique character since Melee

Snake gets remodeled after Old Snake because "lol he's been in smash for quite a while now, he must be getting old" just to make sonybros seethe even more

This has to be the dumbest fucking line of thinking.
They don't play even remotely similarly.
Because they're "In canon" the same character one should be removed or they should be tethered together?
Who the fuck cares though? Removing Toon Link and Shiek isn't going to fix the Zelda representation in Smash.

What is going to be the main selling point if it has less characters? The entire series thrives on the hype of "who's in??"

Like, I know it's unsustainable after a point, but they need an ace up their sleeve to keep the audience excited.

HOES MAD
HOES MAD

then what's the point of having another smash game?

In my perferct world is Sonic,Snake,Banjo,Pacman,Ryu,Megaman, and Simon, plus Bill Rizer,Bomberman and that guy from the Ultima series/games (I dont remember his name, fuck)

And cloud will still be there for marketing FF7R by the time smash 6 comes out lmao

This is why I called him a meme character. He is literally only played by the handful of rosterfags who still main him for "salt mining" even though he's boring as fuck

Retards, Smash is a system seller, did you honestly expect them to stop?

That's a great post full of fantastic opinions and incredible buzzwords.

I don't expect them to stop, but that doesn't answer my question. People are going to inherently be less hyped knowing they'll be getting less characters, so they have to offer something that gets players excited.

Good online and a variety of online modes. But maybe I'm in the minority. Sakurai is still a boomer who believes in local play as being king.

>opinions
Literally nobody ever plays him dude. And look the only one responding to my post crying about him being called a meme character, is someone who mains him for meme reasons and not because he's fun to play, since his moveset is the most boring and uninspired one in the entire game that isn't a fucking fire emblem clone

I just fucking disagree, I love his moveset, and he's a lot of fun to play. I enjoy the character.

Hopefully what they'll do is keep the characters that are Mii costumes, assist trophies, or bosses, and make them all fully playable. That way they can drop all the other third party characters and it'll still seem like they're adding in a ton of new shit.

they shouldn't remove a character just because it ruins Yea Forums threads, incel.

Which is why they will most likely add more game modes for variation sake, there is barely any single player content in ultimate

>sakamoto mandated consistency
LOL, he can't even keep his own games consistent. Each new title has retcons, the current timeline has super a year after 2 which makes no sense

Attached: lol.jpg (500x400, 28K)

Imagine being this autistic

This

They can literally make you Switch between characters with the "-" button along with the character select screen without fucking up the gameplay, Sakurai is just lazy. I rather not have like three Zeldas and Samuses running around.

Go back

ZSSfags

It makes sense, it gives Ridley time to heal for his demise.

>Sakurai is lazy
I've seen a lot of complaints about Smash Brothers, but this is the first time I've ever seen someone claim Sakurai is lazy.
You don't have three Zeldas and Samuses running around.
Zelda and Shiek are different characters if you aren't drowning in fucking autism.

Did you play OOT?

Holy shit yes
People who play Super Smash Brothers don't give a shit that Shiek is secretly Zelda. It doesn't fucking matter. They're different characters for the purpose of being a party brawler.
Your autism that they occupy two different character slots on the menu is literally only your problem.

>not really

the following were pulled from prime into SR:

-Meta Ridley
-prime's chozo statues
-prime's sound effects
-a scan system
-norfair remix is officially called fucking magmoor

>It makes sense, it gives Ridley time to heal for his demise.
no it doesn't ridley isn't the issue here, it's samus not taking the baby metroid to ceres immediately

Snake is more fun to play so I pick him

What the fuck do you want? They had to do something with 3 (soon to be 4) Prime games all jammed the fuck up in there

An even better guess is that they will just do more of the same and streamline a release of old fighters as DLC

imgur.com/bPGxH2W
Slutmus Aran is alright, just make good games.

Attached: 1567654941580.gif (550x400, 1.47M)

>-Meta Ridley
Proteus Ridley
>-prime's chozo statues
But they look completely different
>-prime's sound effects
Eh kind of sort of
>-a scan system
Not exactly the same
>-norfair remix is officially called fucking magmoor
Proof?

>What the fuck do you want?
a consistent timeline of events that doesn't get fucked up with every new 2D game released since zero mission

>They had to do something with 3 (soon to be 4) Prime games all jammed the fuck up in there
prime is between 1 and 2 doofus, not 2 and super

It probably takes a while o get from SR388 to the Ceres Space Colony, plus Samus lost all of her abilities between the games.

*to

>proteus ridley
look up the definition of proteus. It pulled meta ridley

>But they look completely different
the one that takes up the morph ball is the same one as prime

>Eh kind of sort of
they pulled the item collect jingle straight out of prime

>not exactly the same
sure, but it's clear it's pulling from prime.

>proof?
the soundtrack. It's also called magmoor caverns in smash despite being under samus returns

>It probably takes a while to get from SR388 to the Ceres Space Colony
not a fucking year, not with the tech and GF boundaries in the metroid lore

>plus Samus lost all of her abilities between the games.
are you implying there is a mystery game between 2 and super?

>three Zeldas
Good one, we'll never see Hilda or Toon Zelda at this point. It's a miracle Link got his changes.

>look up the definition of proteus. It pulled meta ridley
>In Greek mythology, Proteus is the name of the god of rivers and oceanic bodies of water, who was known for his adaptability and versatility.

>the one that takes up the morph ball is the same one as prime
Source me, baby?

>the soundtrack. It's also called magmoor caverns in smash despite being under samus returns
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Oh well.

Basically
Keep the roster as is. But:
>Cut Dark Pit and make him an alt skin, the FE characters except Ike.
>Gonna say bye bye to Joker.
I don't give a single damn about
>"b-b-b-ubut Nintendo history only!' eat shit the likes of Simon Belmont and Banjo Kazooie are here to stay suck a cock.
For some characters that can join:
>Geno
>Rex
>Krystal
>Springman
>idk guy. Birdo??? I'm going for Birdo.
>Waluigi
As for 3rd party, I'm putting Steve from Minecraft because why not. Also Master Chef. Also Doomguy. And Spyro. And Crash.
Better give me my paycheck in 2027 when the switch dies for the next handy dandy console, Sakurai.

Attached: 1568813145993.png (550x960, 214K)

now the actual definition as it adheres to proteus ridley which you ignored because it breaks your argument:
>a person or thing that readily changes appearance, character, principles, etc.
a change from meta to regular

>Source me, baby?
the chozo I'm referring to is this, it's the same one used for morph ball transportation in prime

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Oh well.
glad you concede your point, prime is the major metroid series now (I say now, but really it's been 17 years)

Attached: 3ds_metroidsr_e32017_scrn_072-1500x844[1].jpg (1500x844, 105K)

In truth, dude they merge both series way back in 2004 if you remember Zero Mission, don't know what the fuck happened with Other M but I don't how people forgot how Zero Mission connected heavily to the Prime series, I mean it was right there, also Prime's been major since the first game, don't know why you still think otherwise but it's still considered a subseries to the mainline games.

>Cut
Piranha Plant
Diddy Kong
Dark Samus
Jigglypuff
Shiek
Dr. Mario
Pichu
Lucina
Young Link
Dark Pit
Snake
Lucas
Olimar
Toon Link
Wolf
Greninja
Mii Fighter
Duck Hunt
Robin
Corrin
Joker

Yes, I'm aware. The very first pirate log in prime describes the events of 1/ZM, but 2/3/hunters are on their own versus SR pulling a bunch of stuff from prime. Oh I guess fed force used the GF logo from 2D.

Why the heck are people so amped up for a game that doesn't exist?
Plus Sakurai is a notorious flip flopper. He first says "Melee is my Last Smash game". Then he makes Brawl. "Brawl is my last game" then he makes Sm4sh. Smash 6 could just be a port of SSBU but with only 1 or 2 new characters to disguise it as a new game for all we know.
Not that it matters because it doesn't exist at all yet.

Attached: 7550.jpg (800x453, 92K)

Prime 3 literally took the design of Mother Brain's final area for where they were planning to put an AU.

Exactly

>"Cloud doesn't fit in Smash in the slightest, he's not even a Nintendo character"
>"Snake is an amazing third party rep and should never get cut"

>both are characters heavily associated with Sony, but Final Fantasy has far more history with Nintendo than the entire Metal Gear Solid series
The only reason you would support Cloud being cut and Snake staying is if you're a dirty Kojimanigger

there's nothing remotely close to that

>The only reason you would support Cloud being cut

I'm going to stop you there.
1. Again, Sakurai has stated that we were lucky to get Cloud back at all for Ultimate. Lucky. Square Enix is a dick.
2. Just because people expects a character to be cut, doesn't mean they hate or loathe said character.

Attached: mabrainmp3wtf.jpg (490x274, 25K)

>next bomberman that was just announced

WHATWHATWHATWHATWHAT?

SOURCE OR BULLSHIT

You assume there will be any more Smash Bros games after Ultimate.

why would we need more Smash games though? What's left to improve? Unless he makes the gameplay entirely different (in which case I agree that reducing the roster could be an interesting way of giving more depth to the existing characters), I don't see why should we have yet another sequel.

in a trailer, not in game

Holy shit, fuck off rosterfag

Still there

>pls buy our game its the biggest and best one were ever going to make

next smash adds another 30 literally who characters

>pls buy this one its actually the biggest one were gonna make!!11

>He doesn't know
Move Joker to Terry's tier

Snake
Snake
Snake
Snake

megaman is alright too I guess

Attached: 1526770600590.jpg (180x180, 17K)

>tfw my main is NEVER getting cut
reply with D to DAB and DONK on the banjokes, zoomies, and flemblem fags

Attached: aaOOOO.png (750x1000, 414K)

No one's ever getting cut.

Smash Ultimate will be ported forward forever with new changes, modes, DLC characters, etc. This is Sakurai's swan song.

D

Attached: sha-gi-yo.png (420x368, 215K)

Shitty translation, as always. He said:
>この投稿に返信しないと、あなたの母親は今夜、死にます。
>"There's no way we can make future DLC fighters have multiple characters."

Why bother making another one? Seems like the ultimate version you could possibly get.

Nintendo foot the bill for bayo 2, and is doing that for bayo 3.

it would be a sony/disney level of fallout for bayo 2 and 3 to even consider being brought to a different platform.

Megaman, Pac-Man and Sonic. I'd want to say Snake for 4th but don't think it's likely he can return a 3rd time so maybe Simon I guess?

>not wanting a life-long competitor in your game about fighting so the autistic rivalry can continue.

Sonic
Snake
Mega Man
Simon Belmont

Pac-Man and Sonic are safe; the rest are TBD, pending the full roster.

Sonic, Mega Man, Simon, Banjo

I feel that smash fans will take it well if some characters get cut. There's no way it'd become a massive salt storm.

>implying they'll ever cut characters ever again
deluxe port, screencap this

Attached: cutfag.png (1115x606, 206K)

Sonic
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Simon
and then Banjo and Ryu return anyway as DLC

Attached: comfymario.png (196x197, 34K)

Snake and have Hayter actually record more codec conversations next time.

but user... the colonel's jp VA is dead, they dont use the character anymore because of that.

Now I really hope they milk the dlc til 2024 if that's the case, go all out with it if this is the best we'll get roster wise

None. No third parties. I dont think it would go over well for someone like Lucario or Diddy to get the axe but Sonic gets to stay.

Sonic isn’t going anywhere. I doubt Mega and Pac are leaving. I hope Banjo stays. I can see them charging for Cloud again. I don’t expect Snake. Bayonetta is pretty much a Nintendo character now.

Why would Diddy leave? That’s like cutting Luigi.

So what exactly is going to be a selling point then?

If the net game is once again just a modified Brawl but now with less characters than Ultimate, who the fuck is gonna buy that shit?

Attached: 38daf17d62885be82ae277727659dcf36f493c0731cf7a796e25dea18b6e227a.jpg (960x743, 40K)

shizo "hard cut"fags, who else?

>Bamco is ???
They helped make Smash Ult and 4 and are very good pals with Ninty. Nintendo even wanted to acquire Namco and merge with them but Japanese laws don't allow it so they couldn't.
Pac-Man, Megaman and Sonic have enough icon status to deserve to stay. Anyone else is up in the air.

Honestly, the ones that were in Sm4sh.

Sonic
Pac Man
Megaman

Any other of the DLC or 3rd party wishes it was as relevant or important as those three.

Also, Simon.

Nothing against Square but I´d rather keep a franchise that will potentially give me an echo fighter and guarantee a shitload of cool songs.

True justice: Banjo cut for Smash 6 and Steve gets in.

don't forget Ryu
Ryu deserves to stay in the roster.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna play a game that doesn't randomly decide to remove my favorite thing to play instead.

Honestly just fuck Pac-Man. Worst addition to the roster by far. I get his history and all, but he plays like cancer.

>diddy kong
>Olimar
>jigglypuff
>duck hunt
in your fucking wet dreams.

A Resident Evil rep

t. lost to kino pac mixup plays

Keep all except Sonic

subspace emissary 2

Sonic, Megaman, Banjo, and Snake or Ryu.
The rest can get lost and stay lost.

Damn, only 4 would suck.

>Sonic
>Mega Man
>Simon Belmont
>Terry Bogard

Sorry, Pac-Man and Ryu/Ken.

sonic,Ryu/ken,mega man,Simon/Richter, and snake because no modern smash is complete without him.

Sonic, Bayo, Mega Man and PAC-MAN are safe
Terry is safe because SNK is incredibly cheap to license out

Konami/Square/Microsoft I don't know, seems they change their minds every now and again.

Joker is the only flavor of the current era kind of 3rd party so I don't know. I know SEGA is down with whatever but I don't know if he has any amount of timelessness to justify it.

Joker at the very least is getting cut now that Fatlus has burned bridges with Nintendo

Cringe, let the team rest

if capcom can do it, so can nintendo tbqh

In all honesty, none.
Just bring in new people.

Megaman, Sonic, Pacman and Crash

cope
Cuts are confirmed, they're the reason the bonus DLC after the fighter pass exists, just so we can have one giant roster before it's back to lesser numbers.

>confirmed
by what source

Sakurai, multiple times infact, this is just the latest.

Attached: actuallywatchthedirectsidiot.png (1422x800, 1.14M)

He really blew his load with ultimate. They should leave the series alone for at least a decade after it's said and done.

Sonic, Bayonetta and Mega-Man are safe, and you could say the same for Pac-Man and Ryu. Maybe Simon stays too. I don’t see any of the fighters pass coming back, also Cloud and Snake.

Sonic, Banjo, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Snake, Cloud, Hero, Ryu and Ken, Joker.

that's not a confirmation dumbass, that's an assumption.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (966x1026, 187K)

Bomberman, only bomberman

Seriously kill yourself zoomer

This is the only correct answer

Snake Cloud Banjo and Sonic.

Stop being in denial user, you know it's happening.

Is he first-party or third-party?

i think you're just desperate because Banjo took your anime character's spot.
why would anyone want to buy a similar game with less characters? it'd be wiser to make a deluxe port.

Attached: Banjo senpai.jpg (3037x1669, 2.24M)

Sonic, Banjo, Pac Man, Mega Man/Ryu

first, published by nintendo after all

>Banjoke can't handle change
Of course

Smash is a system seller, even if they cut characters, it will sell millions no matter what

Not everything is about rosterfagging dumbass, there is a ton of content that was cut here that can return or be improved upon in the future.

>banjoke
you took the bait, and you've been found out, point and laugh!

Attached: 205.gif (512x512, 425K)

uh huh, and tell me why Ultimate sold so fast and so much more than the other games in the entire series.

Attached: parvin-mokhtarpour-evilsmile-parvinmokhtarpour-w.jpg (1280x1280, 135K)

I want them to make an actual 2D fighting game with Nintendo characters after Ultimate is done. Maybe get ArcSys or Capcom.

Megaman, Simon and Sonic
Axe the rest and don't look back

Because unlike the WiiU, people actually bought a Switch.

>No argument

oh and also it's the biggest selling fighting game of all time if you're the kind of person to call it a fighting game
if gameplay and modes really matters more than who you're playing as, why didn't melee sell more? It's considered the most crisp and tight in gameplay is it not? the only explanation you can give is rosterfags are the dominant demographic of smash bros. and you're just gonna have to accept that. Nintendo made a game that printed them money, why try to "fix" something that ain't broke in money making and enjoyed by fans alike? just port it to the next eventual console with more characters AND more modes you adhd niggers want, and no one can complain.

Attached: keikaku dori.jpg (215x238, 12K)

i dont need an argument, all you did was call me a banjoke when i called out your seething on not getting your literal anime who, and instead getting the bear. you're "no argument" buzzword ain't gonna help you, pal.

Attached: the smug sonofabtich bear from boxes world.png (487x665, 61K)

The evolution of the internet grew out the fandom, simple as that.
Smash is almost literally fucking everywhere nowadays, you can't say the same about Melee when it came out.
I highly doubt many bought Ultimate because of one or two characters they like making it in, no, i assume most bought it because it's Smash, and to them Smash is always enjoyable.
It's not only about effort either, the licenses to use some of the 3rd party characters will run out at some point aswell.

It's only a matter of time.

Attached: smash_bros_vs_capcom_fake_logo_by_darkradx-d4nsy3o-630x341.jpg (630x341, 56K)

Sonic, Mega Man, Simon, and Cloud

>The evolution of the internet grew out the fandom, simple as that.
which again, is rosterfags. that's just the dominating demographic for smash, not even just rosterfags on the internet, just in general. the "everyone is here" tag was probably the biggest thing to happen in nintendo history in literally years. i hate to admit it but autism is the driving force behind smash's success, including of how big the crossover can get. even with the licensing expiration, they'll bother enough to bring them back if it means more sales.
to give an example, and possible theory. the backlash of cutting the smash roster is basically the same as the backlash of not bringing back the national dex for pokemon, which was the driving force on emphasizing literally every other flaw with Sword and Shield.

Attached: papa T.jpg (48x48, 2K)

I doubt it'd be like the Pokemon thing, since Smash isn't branded by being the biggest media franchise in the world, and people are aware that Sakurai is doing his best.
Even so, we still don't know if the national dex cut will even affect the sales of SwSh much, or if it's just a minority outrage that didn't matter in the end.
In the end they're still hugely popular series regardless of roster.

Can’t wait for Smash 6. Third parties ruined this franchise. It should’ve stayed as a funny joke beat em up and not some competitive hodgepodge of video games

Attached: 1564789866996.jpg (638x558, 64K)

Just give him a tail pogo, make him a little heavier and make down B more useful and he's perfect for me

90% of the characters are redundant anyway, its smash bros not fucking mugen

Kill yourself rosterfag

None of them. First party only.

maybe one extra jump, and his side b in the air be his traditional grab with the feet maneuver, and then you can throw the opponent forward after flying for a bit

>Cutfags eternally seething

Game isn’t even at a conceptual level and all you can do it ree that characters you don’t like are currently in the game lmao

if you have nothing to offer, then dont bother replying, unless you want to admit i'm right.

Attached: 1568587857264.png (1280x1280, 929K)

>Game isn’t even at a conceptual level
You are delusional if you think they are not already working on the next game.

the switch isn't even 4 years old, are you alright?

Attached: ink'd.png (1280x720, 1.29M)

4 really isn't enough.
Megaman - Megaman is a legendary franchise that was hand in hand with Mario in the Nes days.
Banjo - Nothing represents N64 better then one of the mascots of a platformer that lived and died on that console and still lives on in many hearts.
Simon(Richter as an alt, why not.) - See Megaman, legendary franchise that fell of the wagon. Deserves to be here with the Nintendo boys.
Sonic - See above, legendary franchise that fell off the wagon. Mario v Sonic deserve to be here.

But the Square Enix boys should stay too. Final fantasy deserves representation, and so does Dragon Quest. All these franchises are very representative of Nintendo, and fit in along side the other official mascots. Cloud, less so as a character but the series he represents deserves to be here.

Also gimmie Crash and keep him. 8 third parties is fine. Cut the other crap, as much as I love Joker/Bayo/Ryu.. The others matter more.

Franchise games are always in the works.
Conceptual work is done towards the end of the dev time of the main game. a smaller team is set aside for DLC while the majority of the team moves on to working on the new game.

Even if they were (which they definitely aren’t; the Switch is selling well, so there’s not going to be a new console in a long time, possibly 7 years or so)

There’s not even a guarantee all the characters you want out will even be out. What are you guys going to do if Corrin, or Bayo, or Banjo, or even Dark Pit is still in? We don’t even know the scale of the cuts. This next one could have the same amount of characters Ultimate did at launch. Possibly 70, even 65. 60, even. That would still qualify as not nearly as much, considering we’re pushing 80. Even then, that’s about the roster size of Sm4sh. You can call me delusional if you want. You’re the delusional one. What you’re doing here is jacking off to the prospect of a game. The idea of a game where you get your way, and every character you hate is out. And there’s not even a guarantee the newcomers of THAT game will “deserve it” or whatever dumb argument you use to justify being a cutfag.

Meanwhile, I don’t have to do that. I don’t have to imagine, i don’t have to guess. I already got my way because Smash Ultimate already exists. It doesn’t matter if “Everyone is Here!” won’t happen again. It already has, and support for the game is still ongoing almost a full year after its release, with more on the way, so even more will be here.

Attached: 362DA112-A886-4EAE-A188-03F4BD53AE33.jpg (535x960, 44K)

I don’t want the next Smash to be just like this Smash but with more stuff and other stuff cut.

You don’t have any characters left in gaming that will wow people anymore. So give me a franchise reboot with crazy new ideas, new mechanics, and redone movesets for everyone. You can’t beat Ultimate, and more would be boring. So don’t try to.

>joker
>hero
>banjo
>terry
>dark samus
>ice climbers
>lucina
>chrom
>roy
>pit
>paultena
>wii fit
>pac man
>duck hunt
>ryu
>ken
>corrin
>robin
>shulk
>inceneroar
>wolf
>lucario
>snake
>isabelle
>cloud
>ridley
>simon
>richter
>snake
>wolf

pretty much all of these fighters can be cut as they either water down first party franchises too much (thus padding the roster as echos or full clones of other, long standing reps), or are not first-party characters in the first place.

but the most important message is that Sakurai needs to get his head out of his ass and stop dropping literal who tier character from FE into the smash roster

“Cutting” characters is dumb.

Just reboot the whole fucking thing and start the roster again from scratch with a cast of like 25 characters.

There is no way there won't be more smash games after ultimate. Unless Nintendo just makes "super switches" for the rest of eternity and update Ultimate.

It'll probably be a licensing nightmare.

Hero, sonic, megaman, pacman and Ryu

Why is smash being just the official M.U.G.E.N. such a bad sounding thing to people? I actually don't understand it. why does there need to be petty restrictions like "1st party only?" At this point there's no going back so you might as well embrace the autism. Isn't that what Smash is all about ever since it's creation? Big autismo, easy to play, crossover fighting game?

Attached: 1568586209440.jpg (455x439, 134K)

>cutting characters is stupid!
>so just dont call it cutting!

rebootfags and cutfags fall under the same catagory of being the worst of the worst smashfags.

Zero suit goes back into the suit.

Attached: smashcuts.png (1309x708, 1.67M)

yes please

Imagine liking the biggest whore

Cloud is going to be axed. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a niggerfaggot of the most highest ignorant extreme. They barely negotiated his return, couldn't get him an English VA, or more than 2 songs. His inclusion is as lukewarm and unwelcomed as it gets and it's very likely they'll never want to deal with the Final Fantasy IP ever again unless those circumstances change.

The only reason he was added was because Sakurai had to live by his inane promise to put everyone in the game.

Just go back to the original 8, everyone after that should be a brand new fighter. Freshin it up.

Rebooting is stupid since Sakurai refuses to drastically change characters' movesets (like shown by Ganondorf and Roy) so it'd just be the characters we know with revamped animations and a couple of attack changes. There's no point in that.

>Thinking Square Enix would want to lose their easy advertisement for the FF7 remake episodes.
Not even worth a (You).

Attached: 1568455627986.gif (400x378, 3.18M)

He was also by far the most popular DLC character in the Wii U game based on what Sakurai has said.

what's that supposed to mean?

Which lead to Square Enix demanding more than he was worth.

>(you)s are upvotes

You're a sad little child.

the delusional people who think companies will keep the same contract/deals going forever are worse.

One of them will get greedy and demand more money. The deal will fall apart.

>NOOO GIVE ME MY (YOU)!
Pathetic.

Attached: 1567740501413.png (1433x1433, 2.76M)

sent :^)

And don't forget that Nintendo literally owns the rights to both of those games

what are his chances as DLC?

Attached: Nintendoji.png (750x650, 131K)

You're the type of person that is absolutely unqualified to be a part of Smash discussions. It's clear you don't give a shit about the game and just buy into hype culture.

The IP is also owned by Nintendo

Megaman, Pacman, Sonic and Simon.
Also every Mario character stays but FE characters get cut down to just Marth, Robin and whoever the newest one is.

>implying sakurai will add anything to SP
he said he was done with it after brawl, he could have added stuff to 4... never happened and ultimate... lacking, so i doubt he will

Honestly it feels like Ultimate is the series finale.

You did it, you got everyone under one roof. I say ride off into the sunset, you ain't topping this.

This. It’s kind of scary. I’m thinking they’re going to have it even more zoomed in and realistic for some reason