>WE ALREADY KNOW THE SMELL OF THE GAYYYYYY

What did they mean by that?

Attached: gg.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0LeiwjJx994
youtube.com/watch?v=rPFATA1PfEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Xrd but dumbed down again
The absolute state of anime fighters. Losing its only appeal which is deep gameplay.

It means Bridget confirmed.

Isn't the anime itself the appeal of anime fighters?

for faggot twitter weebs yes

they'll keep in mash to tech and other shit though lmfao

We know nothing specific yet. All they saud was that they wanted to make it more accessible, which has no information on depth.
Keep your bullshit to yourself until there's actual info.

Why is Sol Badguy so fucking cool?

Attached: Sol.jpg (750x400, 33K)

It’s not even out yet you fucking omeganigger

Get rid of:
>weights
>different wakeup timings
>mash to tech
>excessive microdashing
That's it, that's all the simplifying the game needs.

Will Sol Badguy make it in Smash?

hope so

XRD was only "dumbed down" compared to accent core/+R, which were shitty games not made by the original staff full of feature bloat and "different for the sake of different" shit. longer combos are not depth and FRC is an objectively bad mechanic. xrd was taking things back to the #reload days that made guilty gear actually popular

with that said new game has been absolutely noting but warning signs so far

It was confirmation that Venom is in.

I came to post this

>Xrd was only dumbed down compared to the previous game
Yes it was.

>which were shitty games
Oh, the same old angry zoomer having to shit on the old games to justify his shit taste. This gon be good.

>not made by the original staff
Good because the original GG was shit gameplay wise, the game you obviously haven't played.

>full of bloat
Not really, it had all the necessary mechanics for an anime fightan to be exciting with some optional ones for advanced players. No one ever played Accent Core back in the day and complained about having too much because casuals weren't required to slashback and frc every match. Also, Rev2 can also be called full of bloat depending on your criteria of the word, is completely subjective.

>different for the sake of different
Not really. It kept the core gameplay of GG and just added cool mechanics that spiced up the neutral game and made combos longer/flashier. Which was Daisuke's main goal in creating GG anyways, he wanted a more over the top, "magical" anime compared to the others at the time. +R may have more depth than the previous games but it's not that different in terms of actually playing it. It's not like the difference from the original GG to Isuka, it was still the same 2D fightan but with added (timing-based) moves + mechanics.

>FRC is an objectively bad mechanic
Nah, it encourages timing over mashing and isn't just a free cancel that took no skill like Xrd's version of it. It also lets you cancel projectiles and made some moves safer on block, making neutral game in that game a lot more varied in the options given to the player at any given moment.

>made guilty gear actually popular
Popularity =/= Quality
That was an even weaker statement than your others, which were retarded.

Yes, I took the bait because I'm bored. But here's the last (you) you're getting, zoomer. Zoomer who doesn't even play the games.

Attached: 1540193495012.png (310x396, 48K)

Barely a week left until Ceotaku.

Attached: 76846885_p0.png (1275x1806, 1.5M)

based

Oh boy it's another gg OG. Glad to see you're making sure your local stays under 5 players by being a faggot. You know why tekken is doing so well? Because no one is online waving their dick about playing 5DR or 3 or something. They're just happy to play the new game and have tons of people playing it. Remember that when you inevitably say "they made GG too easy that's why no one is playing it!!"

I'll admit I haven't played Accent Core beyond the most casual of glances, but I think Xrd might have benefited from having a couple of fat trimmed down.
Danger Time was just a momentum killer and down to RNG, YRC would be more intuitive if it was rolled back into the regular RC and Guts as a specific value kinda served no purpose. Hell Fire, while cool as fuck, doesn't really need to be a thing with its own keyword either.

I'm cautiously optimistic regarding Ishiwatari and honestly I welcome a more streamlined GG as long as the core gameplay is solid.

guarantee that if guilty gear 2020 turns out to be shit, they'll start bashing Xrd too just to defend the new one

They don't have to because Tekken 7 didn't have such a drop. When Tekken 6 came out, people DID complain because of Rage, Bound and nerfed movement compared to 5. Since then they IMPROVED on the series, they didn't regress.

>Wow pre-Xrd was shit anyway
>It wasn't, and here's why
>lmao enjoy your dead game
Everytime. It's like clockwork.

>Nah, it encourages timing over mashing and isn't just a free cancel that took no skill like Xrd's version of it. It also lets you cancel projectiles and made some moves safer on block, making neutral game in that game a lot more varied in the options given to the player at any given moment.
I don't think FRC is an objectively bad mechanic, but I disagree that it makes the game more varied inany given moment assuming you mean by comparison to Xrd. You can cancel projectiles and make moves safer in Xrd too, except it's not just some moves, it's all of them, as well as being able to use it in neutral and that effecting your movement, it makes RC open up a lot more options for you because you can do it almost anytime, which I prefer it for, personally. I feel like there's a lot more room for creative applications of YRC/RRC than there was for FRC. I have some issues with RCs in Xrd, particularly PRCs, but in general I prefer the system to FRCs. I don't think the execution constraint on FRCs makes them anymore interesting than they would be otherwise, personally, I can appreciate why people like high execution stuff because it is satisfying when you can finally consistently get it down, but it's not something I miss from the mechanic, even if it's a change that made things easier.

>and here's why

Except this part is always weak.

mmmm fresh game smell

His post looked pretty solid to me, might want to argue against it with actual points instead of bitching about dead communities.

>anime fighter
>deep gameplay
You're so fucking retarded why don't you do us a favor and kill yourself

+R is basically the series's 3S or Melee. Will always be the most satisfying to learn and git gud at, but be trashed by bitter normies.

Attached: Zappaready.gif (210x188, 70K)

>Oh, the same old angry zoomer having to shit on the old games to justify his shit taste
got into the series playing #reload on windgreams back in 2005. you're the zoomer here ACfag. there's a reason that the developer of skullgirls, that fighting game that launched with combos that went on for 90 seconds, thinks accent core is his favorite GG game.

>Good because the original GG was shit gameplay wise, the game you obviously haven't played.
bizarre point to go back to the PS1 game as if the same people didn't also work on every X2 game, the games I was talking about in my post.

>Not really, it had all the necessary mechanics for an anime fightan to be exciting with some optional ones for advanced players. No one ever played Accent Core back in the day and complained about having too much because casuals weren't required to slashback and frc every match.
fallacy #1: using your subjective opinion of "I don't really recall anyone complaining over 10 years ago" fallacy #2: using casual players as an argument about anything as if casuals even need to do combos to play this game. force breaks were a bad idea that made supers even less valuable and tended to either be totally useless or extremely cheap with little middle ground. slashback was a mechanic created so they could put it on the back of the box that nobody really used outside of 1/1000 niche situations that get reposted in a webm by people who want to pretend "that one time kusoru used slash back to totally own someone back in 2007" as if its a mechanic anyone actually used

(cont)

>3S or Melee
You don't play fighting games lmao

>just added cool mechanics that spiced up the neutral game and made combos longer/flashier. Which was Daisuke's main goal in creating GG anyways
If this was true daisuke wouldn't have literally said "we're using #reload as the design for xrd" and immidately made the combos in that game shorter than the ones in AC/+R. He wouldn't have removed the sliding knockdown that lets you OTG for free. He wouldn't have heavily reduced moves that let you wallbounce (like kys vapor thrust followup being gone). He wouldn't have removed FRC entirely, a mechanic that lets you extend combos for only 25% meter, and replaced it with YRC which explicitly can't be used on hit/block. Long combos were the new people behind AC/+R trying to pander to all the post guilty gear airdash games that made combos long as fuck to stand out from guilty gear and it made the series lose a lot of its identity when it lost those smaller but high damage combos.

> (FRC) encourages timing over mashing
It objectively does not. Lets take robo 5H as an example. Since the FRC is always the exact same (relatively loose by fighting game standards) few frame window, good players will eventually get it down so that they can simply plink 5H into the FRC every time. If you can do links in a street fighter game you can FRC.
When you can consistently FRC robo 5H, you are left with a move that has a 5 frame startup and a high attack level with literally 0 recovery frames. As robo whenever you feel like you have a gap to abare someone you can just do 5H and because of how FRC has no rules to it beyond "hit this button at this timing when you have 25%" you will always have the advantage. If your 5H hits you get to convert into basically anything because of the high attack level and no recovery. If it's blocked it's automatically your turn against. If it whiffs you're completely safe.

(cont)

These kind of autopilot situations (which not every character has, as FRC is extremely arbitrary among the cast, with some characters having incredible ones and others having mediocre ones you'll probably not use very often) is something that's literally impossible to do in the XRD system because you can only cancel stuff for 25% if it whiffs, and only during the starting frames. You need to spend 50% to get this kind of option select and thus have a bigger cost involved for this kind of automatic answer. This is a huge change in a game where you build meter as quickly as you do in guilty gear. FRC in +R is so much better than every other possible use of meter that unless you're one of the few characters who has an extremely cheap super or force break you'll generally spend it on literally nothing else when it comes to using meter offensively.

Please, tell me what I'm saying is incorrect instead of just posting more smug reaction images. I'm being very genuine here.

Smash Ultimate unironically take more skills than any modern anime fighting games.

What a joke the FGC has become.

>YRC would be more intuitive if it was rolled back into the regular RC
But then change in function completely? You need to clarify, because you're saying it should "roll back" into something completely different.

>Guts as a specific value kinda served no purpose
It changes a lot of things. Changes how you do combos, how you think of setplay and how you handle matchups. For instance, Chipp will change from combos with fewer, stronger hits to longer combos with lots of weak hit as the opponent's life gets lower.

GG isn't just complex for the sake of being complex. Each mechanic actually has a deep effect on the game, and learning to take all of that into consideration is what makes the series fun. You have 3 types of blocking that create a new kind of RPS game during pressure. GG without IB or FD won't be nearly as interesting, as one of the "minigames" might just end up missing (I'm betting they'll replace FD with something more visually explicit, like Darkstalkers-like pushblock).

I'll agree with Hellfire being a meh mechanic that, while changing things, won't really be missed. I think Overdrives are already interesting for unburstable combos, but if they want to make people do more ODs, they should increase their utility instead.

As for my opinion on X2 vs Xrd, I'm mostly okay with everything. They said went back to #Reload, but actually compensated for the gaps Slash and AC filled with new moves for everyone that served similar purpose. YRC had a lot of implications in neutral that were interesting at first, but start to feel grating later on. I don't think anyone enjoys having their inputs eaten.

What I'm scared about GG2020 is precisely that they settle on mechanics that sound "interesting at first" but become tiresome later on. DBFZ also seems to have created systems that mesh well with each other, but in the end it creates a rigid, oppressive metagame that quickly became annoying. And I'm not sure they learned from that.

you dont play fighting games. even a massively dumbed down xrd would still be harder than Smash Ult. Complexity is only HALF the reason why Guilty Gear is difficult the other is the speed of decision making once you hit intermediate levels of play and beyond.

>The Spoiler

Oh my fucking god

user just used his Instant Kill and that Spoiler was what he says after it

Xrd > XX

>you don't play fighting games!
Why zoom zoom always use this argument in every threads?

because you dont

It's clear that you have very little experience.

Play more fighting games bitch boy

Not gonna lie the only reason this game interests me is the animation

Do you think Jack'O was a good or bad decision?

Yea Forums aren't good at fighting games. Period.

How do we stop her?

Attached: may 2020.jpg (2993x3526, 453K)

based

Oh that and the song
Give me the fucking song

By showing a better waifu like Dizzy in the next trailer.

Oh btw Guilty Gear 2020 is a reboot

She can't be stopped.

Attached: 876678768678678678.jpg (601x900, 85K)

>weights
Just reduce them to heavy, normal and light. The real problem is character specific hurtboxes during combos, stuff like moves whiffing because Venom's legs animate weirdly or May being too small for stuff to connect. Keep weight categories and normalize hurtboxes and you'll keep the interesting variety but massively simplify shit like this.
>different wakeup timings
Agreed.
>Mash to tech
Depends, FD mash OS works fine and makes it a little interesting choosing whether you want to tech aggressively into a button or defensively into FD, and I like that some characters can catch people sleeping with black beats intentionally. Hold to tech is much simpler and cleaner though and would let people get away with less sloppy play. You'd have to nerf techs pretty hard too I think, less invuln transferring to your button or maybe even a real vulnerability period.
Mash to break out of stagger definitely needs to go though
>Microdashing
Hard disagree, I like microdashing a lot. Keeps things fast paced and lets you have much finer control over your positioning. Microdash combos can be kinda dumb but most characters don't need them for average level play and only a couple really make heavy use of it.

Attached: file.png (1690x706, 60K)

How do we know her anchor wasn't changed too?

The problem is, Arcsys focuses a lot more on visuals instead of gameplay now. Guilty Gear never needed gimmicks like wallbreaks or Danger Time. They're putting so much effort on the 3D graphics and how to work the camera around them, add motion blur, etc. I don't see them focusing this much on the gameplay department, from Xrd to now, gameplay didn't progress much if not all. Only went downhill from Plus R and then got a little more depth with Rev2, still obviously not as demanding when it comes to execution. And the new game isn't certainly going to top ACR because they said they're removing some mechanics getting to its essence. So at most, it's just going to be as good as Xrd. I prefer Reload and ACR but I'm not delusional to think we'll ever get games of those caliber again.

Attached: 466876-4200080.jpg (438x640, 27K)

Was "That Man" actually the Architect all along?

Attached: 1549111070866.jpg (1078x1666, 483K)

Because it's literally in the trailer?

Attached: 4535345343535.jpg (1920x1080, 156K)

Oh shit. Serves me for only watching it once.

retard

>Only went downhill from Plus R and then got a little more depth with Rev2, still obviously not as demanding when it comes to execution.
gas all trainingboar animefags who don't actually play games competitively, just grind out combos and netplay

>Song title confirms it was LAZY all along

I FUCKING TOLD YOU FAGGOTS

I don't even know what this is supposed to convey.

There is nothing to suggest that they're prioritizing the visuals over the gameplay. The visuals being good doesn't mean they're being made good at the cost of the gameplay. The visuals being so good is more apparent in trailers than gameplay details because that's what's going to sell the game. Pretty visuals being more of a selling point for the average person than the details of how the game will play doesn't mean the gameplay is being sacrificed for the sake of the visuals though.

Not even Daisuke is lazy enough to reuse blazing two lines in a row like that.

What I first at first. Glad to finally confirm it.

thought*

Attached: ky 555968656587567856.png (795x887, 793K)

been 30 minutes. guess he bailed. typical

I'm an official internet moderator for nerd fights and I hereby declare you both faggots

I don't like her much. I play Chipp, so she doesn't bother me as much as she probably does for others, but any character that works in those extreme win conditions is rarely fun. They're always frustrating for one of the players regardless of outcome. And the thing with the inputs is dumb. I guess they wanted to give her more moves without having to give her that many more command inputs (since the house and ghost management already take up so many), but it sucks to have a character that just breaks the rules like that. Makes things much harder to explain.

I'm sure there might be something here that ties with (or disproves) what I said of "systems that seem complicated at first but add depth" vs. "systems that create a metagame at a surface level but not much more past that", but I don't have the patience to think about that right now.

remove
Ramlethal
Jack-O
Elphelt

thanks in advance

Keep Elphelt. Rest can be cutscene fodder.

May's preggers?

Remove
Yourself from life faggot

Everyone complains about danger time but I actually love it
I'm not attending tournaments or anything, I don't particularly care about corner cases where it costs somebody an otherwise won match, it's just exciting and always makes crazy shit happen.
I feel like if you're treating GG like some sort of martial art where your main goal is practicing the same kick 10000 times until you get to demonstrate that your kick is 0.1% better than the guy next to you's you're kind of missing the point. You should be aiming to have fun, and win, and do so in the most exciting stylish way possible that gets both you and your opponent pumped to play another match. Danger Time is exactly that, yeah it's not particularly balanced, yeah it's RNG, but every time it happens both players think "Fucking Guilty Gear, let me at him again"

Obviously we don't know anything about Wallbreaks yet, but I'm expecting it to be some sort of looping corner oki limiter. A kind of
>you can do unreactable setplay all you want but on the third loop we're resetting you to midscreen
If they're clever about it it'll do a satisfying chunk of damage and still leave you advantaged so it doesn't feel punishing, and maybe however they make it triggered lets you choose between weaker combos that don't wallbreak but loop indefinitely and stronger ones that do but let them play again, shit like that
It's too early to pass judgement but I'm definitely interested.

Yep, my boy Chipp tapped that.

no rum no buy

Attached: 1540511813836.jpg (1447x2016, 1.69M)

based x3
those bitches are so fucking annoying

post 30 seconds of you playing her

>not even out yet
>only thing we really know is Daisuke said auto combos are worthless for new players so they won't add them
>ITS A DUMBED DOWN VERSION OF XRD GUYS
go back to your cave you troglodyte

Do you think Chipp is fast enough to get a girl pregnant without her realizing it?

Attached: 1499199769353.png (383x447, 263K)

i dont play it
but i bought both sign and revelator and went through story
shes best girl

Attached: 1546765155132.png (800x1000, 962K)

He can probably just teleport his semen into her uterus.

NO DR. PARADIGM
NO BUY

Actually they said in the interview they want the game to not ~look~ complex, while retaining it's depth. They actually specifically mentioned mashing combos and stylish mode didn't actually solve a thing because it's not that the game itself is too complex, but rather than the people who want to get into the series think it's too complex.

It's like smash. When you overview it it's not a complex game at all, it's just a silly platformer with only two attack buttons, but when you actually pick up and play it there is actually a lot more depth than it first meets the eye. Contrast with KoF which looks very very complex and it is at higher levels, but at lower to mid levels you don't even need to know long combos as long as you have a good sense for pressure and know when to short hop.

based on the big post they posted that was very honest about the design behind this game, we known that this is game that plays nothing like previous guilty gear games beyond being a 2D fighter, and is aiming to bring in the causal audience

it's true we could end up having another BBTAG where everything pre-release makes it sound like a disaster and then actually its a pretty great game with lots of tech and a good successor to MVC2, but I'm not holding my breath

Attached: 4664642626426446.jpg (1536x2048, 268K)

Based boomer shitting on millennial trash

>Everyone complains about danger time but I actually love it
I don't love it, but I think people are a bit harsh on it. People will complain about it when not playing the game, but anytime it ever goes off in the game everybody loses their mind and it makes for an exciting moment. My only major issue with it is how much it can leave one person at an advantage, it should really knock both players back into neutral. That said, although I do like it, I won't miss it if it's gone, which I expect it will be.

>Release another masterpiece of a fighting game
>Still use the same borderline unplayable delay based netcode

Attached: 1559928998766.gif (300x300, 313K)

That's Japan baby!

E V E R Y T I M E

Attached: 1563093147421.jpg (516x483, 39K)

Just get one of those routers that decimates all the bad connections.

Are you the same person? you make me boil in anger for some reason

Thank you for shutting ACfaggot's fucking face.

Both of you sound like total edgelords.

>Xrd was dumbed down
Xrd is a sidegrade. Yes YRC is easier than FRC and Yes was a mechanic that while adding a much deeper level of complexity, it was far too technically demanding and was far too strong, and it thus created a huge gap between the intermediate level and the higher level. In essence it made AC(+R) a game you'd rather watch as oppose one you'd play yourself. Xrd is a lot less flashy but a lot more player accessible.

>Bloat
Some mechanics definitely were just slapped there. Slashback was, while flashy, ultimately useless as FD was far better use of your tension. Likewise Force Breaks completely rendered supers useless. Funny one of you posted Slayer because Two Big Bang Uppers were easy to combo into each other, dealt more damage than either of his supers and you could still combo out of them.

>different for the sake of different
The company is different, the staff is different, Daisuke Ishiwatari himself is a different person. You can see this all the way into the fucking story mode. People change, things change and they have to keep changing in order to adapt to both its audience and the new one. Guilty Gear is niche, they cannot afford to lose the established fanbase.

>xrd was taking things
Xrd wanted to literally start things down from scratch and build them back up so that a new player base can grow with it, and it succeeded. Follow any scene and Xrd has a much livelier and newer fanbase than those who already were there since before +R came out.

what makes you angry? vent it out.

It means the new one will have yuri

Attached: 1410257230479.jpg (400x335, 100K)

Can't wait for this article to come true.

Attached: 2019-09-19 002857.png (847x567, 635K)

I WONDER WHAT DEATH WILL PULL

FRCs are just complexity
YRCs are actually depth.

Attached: 1563491001121.png (905x905, 66K)

This is the most accurate video game article I've ever seen.

Attached: 1568673502977.jpg (1024x755, 66K)

I've only played Xrd, what is an FRC?

It's far from unplayable. It's far from great too, but as far as delay netcode goes it works reasonably well. There are definitely games with unplayable netplay and it's not nearly as bad as those.

It's a Roman Cancel you can do for only 25$ but the timing is from very strict to korean hands bullshit levels of hard. Once you've mastered it there's no reason to use red roman cancels over FRCs.

Just get rid of roman cancels entirely and replace them with a mechanic that doesn't make it look like your character is lagging.

The only cuts that need to happen are haircuts.

Attached: 1568117558962.jpg (3800x1502, 645K)

Xrd was a really good balance of depth by the end of Rev 1/2 it had problems but they were more based on specific characters and MUs then depth. I hate all the people saying it was overbloated just because it had more then 2 mechanics like baby fighters.

Every single interview I see for Nu-GG is a nasty sort of red flag but in a recent one they said the idea of a Rev 2.higher then 1/3 wasn't out of the question just not a priority. So maybe we get a +R treatment to keep playing a good game if new GG is shit. But I hope that isn't the case.

Jack-O can't be in the game unless Aria plays like her for some reason.

Happy Chaos

AC+R/Reload and Rev1/2 are all good GGs. AC is too. New GG sounds scary though I hope we don't see GG go full SFV dumbed down.

Attached: 234432342234234243.jpg (572x1024, 125K)

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

The Juri of the series.

CHINKMOOT

Attached: 432532432432234.jpg (1360x1993, 203K)

Specific moves had 2-4f windows for you to do a special, blue-colored FRC that cost only 25% meter. These were incredibly useful, because they either extended combos or added great neutral/movement tools. People here are downplaying their depth a little bit because while yes, they were the dominant use of meter (followed by Forcebreaks), the same FRC for the same move can be used in different situations. Like for instance, Johnny had a move called Killer Joker that, in the air, if FRCd, would restore his air jump/dash. Meaning both longer combos and more options in neutral. Also, being hard to execute was a double-edged sword. Frustrating if you don't get them when you need them, but hype when you do.

Oh, and to clarify, FRC timings completely depend on the move itself. Some had FRC points during startup, others during the tail end of their animations. There was no rule to which moves had FRCs or where. But they were generally useful.

>they said the idea of a Rev 2.higher then 1/3 wasn't out of the question just not a priority.
Really? Source me up, that sounds lovely and I want to believe.

A False Roman Cancel or Forced Roman Cancel. Imagine a Red Normal Cancel except that when you do it in very specific frames (usually a 1-2 frame window) of either startup or cool down it costs 25% of tension instead of 50%. Here's the kicker: back before Xrd Roman Cancels didn't cause the screen to slowdown, there was absolutely no delay in doing so. This meant that some moves with FRC where absolutely crucial to perform combos and could allow for some charters to have literally unreactable mixups.

Shit got so real that even the basic combos for some characters had FRCs in some way. The most infamous example is Dizzy whose ice spike had a 1 frame FRC point late into the recovery that had no visual or audio cue, and this FRC was her only way to convert pokes into an actual combo. You absolutely needed to master this and be consistent with it to be competitive. Another notable example is Potemkin having an FRC point after a Potemkin Buster that allowed for a combo after a Pot Buster that with another 25% tension could lead into a second Pot Buster in the air with the Force Break.

LILYYYYYY

You know, now I think I know why all these artists are drawing May, and not just because of new Guilty Gear hype; her outfit this time is so damn simple compared to the coveralls that almost anyone could draw her.

Go back to XX RC system, no gay slowdowns.
Get rid of Blitz and put Slashback back in the game.
Increase FRC and slashback windows slightly.
Get rid of different wakeup timings.
Don't include hold to tech, how about you stop mashing like a retard and learn ukemi timings?
There fixed the game.

This. I have full faith that when he says he's "simplifying" the game, it'll be more changes like this

>It's anothing "GGfags claim the death of the whole genre over any upcoming game not being absolutely bloated to the brim with as many mechanics and execution gimmicks as possible while pretending that endless oki, unreactable mix, and spending 25 tension to instantly win neutral is the pinnacle of vidya" - episode
I hate reruns.

>Thought more peeople would want to play Xrd now that nu-gg was announced
>Get less ECPC lobbies since game was announced.

I cry.

>Get rid of Blitz and put Slashback back in the game.
You mean that mechanic barely anyone used? Blitz is shit but Slashback was pretty much FAB only.

>he doesn't hold one button and mash the others to get a tech into FD

Thats why I also said to increase the SB Window user.

90% of the ppl posting in this thread dont play FGs let alone guilty gear. Its all just larping

>slightly
fucker, don't add mechanics that only 1% of the player base will ever use

>endless oki
it's not
>unreactable mix
not the only game guilty of that
>25 tension to instantly win neutral
if you spend tension for that you won't have it for other things, it's a tradeoff, learn to play

>Don't include hold to tech
mash to tech is fucking stupid though, don't pretend you can react to 1 frame combo drops, especially on netplay.

Remove Jack-O
Elphelt
Ramlethal
Baiken
There, all the annoying waifufags who don't play the game more than the day they bought it will be gone.

Still don't understand where all the ECPC people went

Most FRC were already forgiving enough you seriously can't do a 5f link?

>Go back to XX RC system, no gay slowdowns.
Slowdown only on hit, not on block/neutral
>Get rid of Blitz and put Slashback back in the game.
Both are trash, Blitz was fine in Xrd but got too strong in Rev. Either leave original Blitz or add a new mechanic for this.
>Increase FRC and slashback windows slightly.
Making FRCs easier doesn't solve how strong they are and how they make normal RCs irrelevant. FRCs are hard because they're too good, making them easy to do only is one good step and two bad steps.
>Get rid of different wakeup timings.
Retarded. GG has very oppressive okizeme, with this everyone will be victim to it once you learn how to apply it on any character, that plus easy frcs will only make the game's wake up phase even more ridiculous.
>Don't include hold to tech, how about you stop mashing like a retard and learn ukemi timings?
Only change that's not entirely shit.

But Baiken is actually fun to play as and play against
You're right about the others though.

>Only change that's not entirely shit.
That's because it's not a change. GG doesn't have hold to tech.

I can react to my character teching, there's even a window were no inputs will come out after it. Stop mashing.

I really don't get why people think different wake up timings are bad.
It's just like character speed or movesets, some will have a faster wake up speed than others which makes them slightly less susceptible to nasty wake up pressure.

Are they in? please

Attached: DdzP8xtV0AEEV_s.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

Fuck off

Rework or remove Elphelt
Remove Ram and Jack O
Baiken is somewhat annoying to play against but she's popular among secondaries and actual players so she can stay.

They have to learn different timing to apply safe jumps and scrubs hate learning stuff.

ABA when?

Attached: 1528800359114.png (2900x1630, 1.77M)

Aesthetic

Attached: EEva2U2XUAMZNKg.jpg (1920x1080, 92K)

Not that user but can I jack off to her if I play Venom, or do I have to jack off to Venom exclusively.

I never said I accidently input moves after teching, I'm just saying its pointless to not just use hold tech. The alternative is to try to tech on reaction to a dropped combo, which is practically impossible on netplay, and is just needlessly complicated. Harder to do != better, especially because they both accomplish the same thing, just one has a pointless margin of error, and people are gonna mash anyway.

Absolutely fucking based

To be honest wakeup timings are a thing that I don't want changed, just adapt to it. Next thing you know people will want character specific combos gone.
Hopefully soon.

Black samurai seems to be related to Ram's swords in some way.

Seriously just fuck off, there's literally nothing wrong with the way tech is implemented in GG at the moment. Don't you want fucking autocombos and super dash and roll tech while we're at it?

>original guilty gear
Literally every other GG game including the one AC bases itself of was made by Daisuke, die retard.

faggot waifufag kill yourself

No, nigger, it's not like that. Why would you make an entire mechanic that ONLY ever works if you can time an attack within 4 frames, or 5 in your case because 1/60th of a second increase is generous to you, and if you don't land it you're open for 30 frames. Your entire attitude around it is "casuals gtfo" which is preciely the type of thing that got us in this situation. Selling the idea that "only the highest level of gamers can hang around with us" is what left Guilty Gear basically out of the picture until Xrd came out, and is exactly what they're trying to combat in the next game.

In other words: What you suggest is the problem, not the solution.

Dude it's a 5f link, if you can't do something like that fighting games aren't for you, I'm not even memeing. SFIV had 1f links out the ass (2f with plinking) and it was the bien, 5f is a normal fucking link.
Also Daisuke agrees with the sentiment, he said that hard combos just a few players can do are cool to him so they're putting them in 2020, so you can eat a dick.

>Most FRC were already forgiving enough you seriously can't do a 5f link?
Frcs were in general way tighter than 5 frames.

Yes, and in my original post I said to increase frc windows to around 5-6 frames.

>he didn't jack off to Venom anyways
don't be a fag

Attached: solbadboy.png (377x326, 145K)

It's just a small simplification that literally doesn't impact gameplay in any way, I don't see how you could even compare it to autocombos, super dash, and roll tech. Those are all new additions that would make the game decidedly worse. Hold tech would just make it so you don't miss your tech as much unless you're intentionally trying to delay tech.

What characters are canonically virgins?

Faust, he's pure.

Nigger, you're missing the point. And it's almost as if you can't read English.
>Dude it's a 5f link, if you can't do something like that fighting games aren't for you
This type of mentality is exactly why guilty gear is getting dumbed down.

And no, you're not going attract a wider player base by saying "hey bruv, now you have 1/12th of a second to make an unreactable high low mixup. Good luck dealing with that that online". People can't deal with Millia's 6f on the ground after a knock down and now you want everyone to have easier access to FRCs fucking everywhere. Like use your head.

So you're telling me that the guy doing the combo must churn 1f links and 20 inputs un 2 seconds while the guy getting his ass beat because he got opened up just holds one button is okay to you? You're eating shit because you didn't pay enough attention, the opponent dropped the combo and you were being a retard not paying attention again? You eat a black beat combo, how is that hard yo understand? It's to punish sloppy play.
"Let me just hold my combo macro bro combos are artificial difficulty anyways" - literally you

Faust, Chipp probably, Venom has been saving his ass for Zato.

I only know he will dumb down the game somehow and they are trying to make the moves match their intended purpose, like overheads actually looking like overheads or dust attack animations.

They could remove; change a few mechanics though, some are arguable but i think i speak for everyone else that danger time can absolutely fuck off.

Literally all fighting game links are around 6-7 frames. What games do you even fucking play?

>game looks pretty
>none, and I mean none, of the character designs are appealing to me
>except for Sol

Attached: 1550477888738.jpg (720x817, 58K)

I am talking to a fucking wall. I am done with this. I wasn't saying it's too hard you dipshit, learn to fucking read.

>Most likely virgin
Sin, Ram, Elphelt, Chipp, May, Bedman, Kum, Bridget
>Ambivalent/Fairly unknown
Baiken, Johnny, Faust, Answer, Leo, Millia, Zato, Venom, Raven, Pot, Jam, Leo, I-No, Anji, Aba, Testament, Kliff
>Confirmed to be a "sex haver"
Sol, Ky, Dizzy, Slayer, Jack o (Aria), Axl, Zappa (Allegedly),

Oh no, only 1 of 3 characters look good to you. How will you survive?

No Baiken no buy
No Bridget no budget
No Elphelt no sellphelt
No Robo-Ky no I-Will-Buy
No Answer no money transfer
No Testament don't invest a cent
No Order Sol no pre-order sold
No Dizzy sorry I'm busy
No Slayer you lost a player
No Axl and I will cancel
No Sin wait till the bargain bin
No I-No that's not kino
No Jam no thank you ma'am
No Justice fuck this

I'm including Rev 2 in that statement. Literally the only Guilty Gear character I've ever seen that looks cool is Sol. Everyone else looks, if I dare use the word, retarded.

This game looks like shit compared to MK 11. MK 11 looks so much better visually, even Tekken 7 looks better. Realism>>>>>>>anime.

He's everybody's Mr. Badguy.

>Xrd is a sidegrade
Fucking finally. I'm tired of all this autist who can only go XRD/AC+R GOOD THE OTHER ONE BAD, both had very different strengths and weaknesses due to the way they implemented their mechanics.

Take a shower, you stink.

Attached: 1539347296497.jpg (500x468, 52K)

You'd have to be insane to think that. Even MK11 players admit NRS stuff looks like pure shit.

That you lack basic audio comprehension?

This but unironically.

How about you learn how to fucking read you stupid fuck? How is putting easier FRCs gonna make the game's bullshit worse when you can already do it easy as fuck with YRC? You know why they got rid or FRCs in the first fucking place? Because they felt that some characters couldn't use it as well as others, so they put YRC on every fucking thing, but whoop dee fucking do turns out YRC is stronger on some characters than others because their toolkit Is better.
How is limiting FRCs to a few moves while making it harder than YRC but easier than XX FRC gonna make things worse? You are seriously fucking stupid. Kill yourself, I'm serious.

The only cut that's going to happen is me cutting your head off for this blasphemy.

If you mess up and drop your combo, regardless of whether the combo-ee is mashing or holding, he'll tech out. The only difference is one is easier on the thumbs. Or fingers, if you use a fightstick, I guess.

You're right
>Xrd
>Easier to play
>Slower

>XX
>Harder to play
>Faster
That sums it up pretty well.

1f links in a game confirmed to have delay bases netcode is not a good idea. Especially if bnbs are 1f, SF4 online was always an ass game unless u had like 1f delay.

lmao slayershit got btfo

It's obvious they put that shit in so you'd pay attention, you don't pay attention you get black beat, you don't pay attention and keep mashing like an idiot you might trade or worse eat a CH. Just fucking pay attention, it's not like GG combos are even that long.

No that man but Dr. Faust Baldhead!
Thanks Doc!

Attached: Dr Baldhead Faust.jpg (250x363, 42K)

>Reddit +R GOOD XRD BAD opinion
>Reddit character
adds up

Chunky May

Attached: Moy.jpg (1920x860, 112K)

GG at it's simplest is still more hardcore than any other anime game.

Name these players? GG looks like ass, anime games in general do. Uninspired cliche designs and they're all boring rushdown oriented mashfests. MK 11 looks way better, better gfx, better char designs, and gameplay is footsies.

By taking off her shoes

>replying to bait

You're right. My B.

Xrd? sure
2020...? yikes if you believe this
maybe BBTAG and DBFZ, but UNIST and BBCF are harder than 2020 will ever hope to be

GG 2020 hasnt come out yet retard.

>UNIST and BBCF are harder than 2020 will ever hope to be
LOL
There's a reason your games are always dead.

Casuals not allowed.

> the same FRC for the same move can be used in different situations. Like for instance, Johnny had a move called Killer Joker that, in the air, if FRCd, would restore his air jump/dash. Meaning both longer combos and more options in neutral.
this kind of stuff removes depth, not adding it. I understand that on a surface level being able to cancel out of stuff and having more options seems more like things you could do at any given time = more depth.

but in practical terms it means there's less depth in terms of combo routing and confirms (johnnys combos turned into "literally anything -> joker -> the same canned air string that depends on what character you're fighting") and being able to just go "actually I'm safe now" whenever you have 25% meter makes the character require less thought.

When johnny can stay in the air for much longer and reset his air actions like he could with KJ, you're less open to being anti aired meaning you can jump around a lot more freely whenever you have that meter, and while the move isn't unbeatable a lot of FRC points (and the good forcebreaks) tend to make a character more safe and less open to "I know that he knows that I know" yomi stuff because you can just kind of react to the situation and effectively back out with 25% meter.

It makes the game more unga, for a lack of a better word, when you can always do these kind of cancels, and while YRC is very flawed it doesn't entirely work in the same way (for example, in xrd only a few characters can really blockstring into YRC projectile without leaving a huge gap you can disrespect easily, while that was a very standard way to extend pressure with FRC)

UNIST is as hard as SFV. Except half the cast has unga retard proof normals that cover half the screen. Not to mention its slow as fuck for an anime game, literally the SFV of Melty Blood

UNIST has auto combos though
the good thing about them is that they're useless as combos, you only use them to reuse moves in a blockstring

why would more people play xrd when nu-gg is explicitly not playing anything like that game, if anything nu-gg has killed the scene

Why don't they allow someone to put a combo that they can use/memorize on the side that people can try out in casuals so new players will feel better going online to play the game? Custom combos included I suppose. Most people at the end of the day just relly wanna do the god damn cool combo.

>Why don't they allow someone to put a combo that they can use/memorize on the side that people can try out in casuals so new players will feel better going online to play the game?
What?

This is pasta you retards

steam numbers did go up after TGS peak last weekend was like 300s on steamchart which is like 150 more than the avg peak.

>Literally less options = More depth
You can do all sorts of crazy shit with FRC that you wouldn't even dream of in Xrd, there's a reason as to why most people play characters the same compared to AC.
I get it, you don't like twisting your wrist 20 times doing I-No's bnb, I'm also getting old, but don't don't start spouting shit about Xrd having more depth when YRC is the most braindead shit the franchise has to offer.

Based slayer dabbing on blazbabbies.

Like how in combo training mode shows you inputs for a combo, you should be able to turn it on in a casual match when playing against other people

I don't see how that would help at all but okay

>Literally less options = More depth
Not arguing against you but more options doesn't mean more depth, having a million redundant options is breadth.
Depth is having well differentiated options at hand rather than just having more options.
>You can do all sorts of crazy shit with FRC that you wouldn't even dream of in Xrd, there's a reason as to why most people play characters the same compared to AC.
Yrcs also allow you to do all sort of things you can't do with FRCs, don't be dishonest.

literally 0 arguments against what I said in this post, just "dude trust me it adds depth to not have to take risks ever"

Dont they have inputs in replay already?

both of u are retarded. more options = compexity. less options but more ways to use them in different contexts = depth. Yea Forums confirmed casual and prolly 90 avg iq

FRCs are execution barriers, not depth. Once you master the frc timing there's no reason to go for another option or use rcs. Depth would be having both frcs and rcs being viable and giving different benefits and rewards.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion on it. Everyone has their preferences.

It'll help people combo in a match and memorize it better, and put it to better use in real matches.

I'm talking about just having something like this on one players screen during a casual match in player matches or something

Attached: combolist.png (395x383, 332K)

>UNIST
>Deader than Xrd
Huh?

>Retard proof normals
But if they all have retard proof normals, then how is anyone a retard when you have zoning options in nearly every range?

Don't kid yourself. Your shit is fotm.

it is deader on pc. but xrd is more active on pc than ps4, while unist is more active on ps4. which ultimately means unist players are retards for not embracing pc.

now to be fair, it makes sense a hardcore melty blood fan would really have issues with UNIST, given that was THE game for tiny trex limbs compared to how big the screen is before dbzf came out

>having a million redundant options is breadth
But thats YRC since you can do it literally from anything.

Couldn't find UNIST matches on PC or PS4 in EU, I can in Xrd.

Pretty sure it's because the netcode is generally worse in the PC port. I know BlazeBlue CF is like that, as well, Jap devs don't know how to into PC ports.

>Fad of the month
>It's been two years
>In Europe
The extremely significant scene for literally any "anime fighter", right there.
>Retards for playing an anime fighter on console

This might as well be a list of scrubquotes.

Well naturally. Most people just like the idea of being a guilty gear player so they LARP rather than play. It's just a hip status thing. All you gotta do is talk about how cool your favorite character is and post song quotes.

Unlike Xrd, the PS4 version of UNIST is way better. Less lag and more stable netcode.

Until Shini gets fired, most PC ports will be inferior.

YRC has actual rules. you can do it in a wider variety of situations but its limited to being pre active frames (and no command grabs) and if the other person is in blockstun you get RRC instead

meanwhile FRC is the devs arbitrarily deciding to make some moves effectively impossible to punish and/or be idiot proof pressure/combo extenders you can't really do anything about without taking a big risk

and depending on when you do it the outcome is very different, therefore the options are not redundant
also rcs still have plenty of use since they don't become obsolete like with the frcs

yea come join the real anime community in fightcade htf and melty, instead of paying monthly to play bad melty

>Pretty sure it's because the netcode is generally worse in the PC port.
the exact opposite is true if you mean connection quality. its the same netcode but PC's have inherantly less input delay than a console + tv setup so the same delay is a bit better

theres weird issues in regards to connecting with people though because they get one retarded ESL to do all of these PC ports

one day console retards will learn :D atleast the xrd community did

Pretending Melty and UNIST play the same is like ten times worse than pretending Blazblue isn't a different game since CP.

And YRC are just "fuck neutral", both make things have flaws but at least one takes skill to use.

its clearly the spiritual successor to melty even if they gave it a new name. its the sfv of french bread games

>its the sfv of french bread games

Attached: 1550925563942.png (290x290, 157K)

Stop regurgitating the shit Mike Z spouts, you can't use YRCs to skip neutral because
1. They're only available for a few frames
2. Cause slowdown so your opponent can react to what you did
3. Waste resources and make your tension pulse drop to a minimum
You need to make a good read with YRCs if you actually want to get anything done by doing it with your normals on neutral besides wasting your resources.

2020 looks cool and i’ll buy it

Will they all get new designs?

Attached: JellyfishPiratesXrd.jpg (1920x1080, 393K)

July fucking WHEN?

april will at the very least

No A.B.A. no buy

Attached: A.B.A._07ce3250d1f63e21865d78915db98c47.png (300x300, 53K)

Nigga you don't even need to throw out a move to be able to YRC. You can just press three buttons in neutral state to eat your opponent's inputs and put them into slowmo for a bunch of frames. YRC ALWAYS puts you in an advantageous situation where the opponen has to respect you.

t. Chipp main that abuses 22K YRC. Guaranteed neutral game win

I can agree with you on FCR, but besides that ypi are a massive retard who probably does not play any fighting games, let alone GG

EVO check fagboy

they've barely shown anything lol, textbook example of someone who will drop the game the second they get destroyed in their first few online games

>You can just press three buttons in neutral state to eat your opponent's inputs and put them into slowmo for a bunch of frames
And if they don't do anything you just wasted your resources.
>YRC ALWAYS puts you in an advantageous situation where the opponen has to respect you.
Bullshit. Chipp is the exception not the rule since he can teleport and even then a raw teleport is more effective since you don't tell your opponent what you're about to do.

Most likely but I doubt it will be anything major besides a few trinkets here and there.

>And if they don't do anything you just wasted your resources.
No, if that's the case, then it's YOUR turn now. You are getting in and pressuring. Seriously, you're sounding like a really low level player who hasn't been through this.

>No, if that's the case, then it's YOUR turn now. You are getting in and pressurin
The slowdown will end before you can do a lot besides running for a split of a second, the opponent can still react to what you're doing or even use his own yrc to counterattack what you're doing.
You're overstating how much advantage you can get out of this, sure it can be annoying but you can totally deal with it and have an answer for reckless yrcs during neutral.

Potemkin will be top tier, screencap this.

after his xrd version i doubt that.

Potemkin will have a teleport move now.

Potemkin Buster will grab from half a screen away, I can feel it in my bones

Neutral YRC doesn't force anything, it's not a tool for getting in it's a panic button for "Fuck what's happening right now" where you can basically pause the screen for a bit and take stock. If you happen to catch them in the startup of something dumb sometimes it gets you a punish, but generally nothing you wouldn't have been able to do anyway, it just makes it easier to see
There's a lot of potentially dumb shit about YRC but just random YRCs in neutral are pretty far from broken
Really the only truly "abusive" thing about it is intentionally using it on your opponent's wakeup to eat their reversal input, and even that is a pretty big waste if they just block since you wasted 25% meter to do nothing and even if you do open them up afterward the combo will generate almost nothing

>Potemkin will have a teleport move now.
Rollback confirmed?

anyone wanna bet money on the community spreading resources all over twitter instead of writing up in dustloop with this new game like they did with BBTAG and DBFZ

Attached: 1556731470883.jpg (640x905, 70K)

Is may still cute and funny?

Attached: 1568858103380.png (900x1200, 541K)

But the only game that does these things is melty

Well it's either Twitter or Discord nowadays. It can't be helped really.

Attached: EEWBsWBVUAY4KmW.jpg (600x849, 62K)

at least discord is fucking sorted
twitter is cancerous to navigate

who the fuck cares about a dead fucking website. move over to twitter/discord like the non retarded humans. do u still fucking use srk too?

This is canon, my dad confirmed this, he works at aksys games.
Also GG2020 will introduce a new type of cancel, the pink roman cancel. you can use this cancel to cancel your hitstun and hitstop while the opponent is hitting you.

its way more convenient than twitter

In all honesty i dont think any change they do in GG will bring people into it. The game is literally too anime and DBFZ sold solely because of the brand. I personally dislike a bunch of things from the game myself so ill probably not even going to buy this shit no matter what they do. it will probably be dead in my region anyways and keeping up with the outrageous season pass prices will be impossible.

"The neutral in +R is more complicated than Xrd!"
>*Mashes EX puffball and 2S*
"You need more execution!"
>*converts literally any hit into BBU to get perfect positioning for my combo + near super level damage*
"YRC removes all sense of timing!"
>*option selects FRC that gives me a combo on hit, pressure on block and can't be punished on whiff
"Older guilty gear games were more honest!"
>*lands a single pot buster and converts into 100%
"The new characters are too braindead"
>*mashes + on block lightning fast reversal super that's also a combo starter and an install that heals me*
"They've removed so many moves from the older games in XRD
*sweeps every tournament as zappa and justice while ignoring 80% of their movelist*

wikis are fucking stupid
>chosen few editors going out of their way to track down info and write it out vs literally the entire playerbase using the built in recording function of the cosole to put out a video at any time

Anime fighters are garbage. Garbage character designs, garbage gfx, and garbage gameplay. Mindless rushdown with characters each having some retarded gimmick.

>shitters drown out the useful stuff on twitter for clout and it becomes a mess to navigate
awesome

>The new characters don't actually play guilty gear, they're just gimmicks!
>Lands a single hit as bridget and spends the entire rest of the round at the top of the screen because my actual options are fucking useless

>Potemkin cries in a corner for the next 90 seconds of the round

FRC was in reload retard

I love people who pretend Xrd is somehow that easy to pick up just because its not AC+R. Its cute.

yep, you definitely know what mechanics are in that game. good thing they used # as a base for xrd and not something to copy 1-1, so they could remove bad mechanics like FRC while avoiding other bad ideas from jank games like slash and accent core.

Isn't Sol like 80 by now?

more

The fuck is he made out of? Hell Ky looks exactly the same too. Are they just immortal?

>The fuck is he made out of?
He's a gear
Ky is waaaaaaaaay younger than Sol, but he got gear cells in Xrd so he'll stop aging too

>XRD was only "dumbed down" compared to accent core/+R, which were shitty games not made by the original staff
They were made by another team? Is there any info on this?

How many people could even play AC+r properly. Your only option was offline, and hardly anyone is going to be able to both play offline and actually have good players to play with. Even #reload has better online on PC, the best way to play AC+r online is with jank like Parsec.

Based, +R fags dont actually play the game and just shitpost.

It's a super good game but it's not like xrd is some garbage monkey game comparatively.

GG1 is the only good game

Attached: 1541951988361.jpg (700x800, 158K)

>pleb never played GG Petit
scrub

For me, it's dust strikers

wanna play some overture bros?

Fuck that shit, let's fire up Isuka.

God, its ALWAYS Tekken players hating on fighting games. Jesus Christ, you guys really love your neutral consisting of just fishing and whiff punishing, huh

Tekken is better than any anime game though, since it isn't mindless rushdown and gimmick characters

>since it isn't mindless rushdown

Tekken is DIFFERENT from anime fighters. It is YOUR PREFERENCE. It is not objectively better. Stop making the Tekken community look bad.

Anyone played the Granblue beta test?

Its funny, he's just going to ignore what I said when I was focusing on how KBD ruins any sense of fucking neutral or character gimmicks because all you gotta do is put a gigantic space and just play a mean game of chicken with your opponent. WHO'S GOING TO GO IN? WHOOOO'S GOING TO KBD WHIFF PUNISH?

WOW, ITS NOT HOMOGENIZED AT ALL!

I played it a bit. why do you ask?

How does a mechanic that add skill to the game ruin neutral?

Just wanna know general opinions and the like.

I just don't like Tekken, I was starting to get gud enough with Rashid and King back when I was playing, but damn is the game boring after couple of days.

Slow as fuck
Runs have a lot of recovery, can't dash block
Every single character does the same 5LLL > special combo
Ferry is the only character with 50/50 setplay

>KBD
>Requiring any skill
Fucker, its two back dashes and down. And it has no particularly difficult in terms of canceling it into another move via the backdash. It is NOT as hard as you people think it is.

It actually hurts neutral since there's little incentive to use other movement options to create space because the other options are notably weaker. Compare that to a traditional fighter with walking backwards, doing a backstep, jumping backwards or even an airdash if you're talking about an anime fighter in which each of them have clear advantages and disadvantages making all of them viable options.
KBD is not game ruining or anything but it is an exploit and it shows with how it makes all the other options to create space useless in comparison.

>Runs have a lot of recovery, can't dash block
Not even by using a barrier like in blazblue and GG?

She's fun but I wish she had her gimmick back. It would provide for an interesting matchup.

no, there is no barrier

somewhat slow for my taste but that's also what they were aiming for, so I can't call it a negative
combos got cookie cutter once people found out that everyone can do the same path
spot dodge is pretty neat, but in most cases it's better to just do an empty jump so they should look into that
also I thought it was a pretty smart decision to make Supers have a shorter animation for whenever the first part of the Super was enough to kill you

I like Xrd, but I like +R better overall. I wish both games had non-shit netcode.
GG2020 I'm just not sure on yet, because they haven't shown us enough to really sink our teeth into. I hope it ends up good, but I'm a bit anxious about exactly how far they are going with the visual simplifying and what that will actually entail. We'll just have to see what they've cooked up.

Game doesn't have a barrier analog as far as I remember. You have to commit to your dashes.

Its a good thing UNIST is not a fucking air dasher or something.

Can't wait to see 3 seconds of some other character!

XX > #Reload > +R > AC > Slash

I didn't get to play it but it looked painfully slow
There's some interesting ideas there but man. Like, running being really committal is neat and could cause some interesting stuff, but even with the big risk in doing it it was still slow as fuck
People complained about the walk speeds but slow safe walk speed fast but risky run would be pretty cool.

stick to smash you mongoloid

walk speeds being turtle paced and runs being risky is an indirect buff to Ferry and probably Metera if she's a zoner

>*mashes + on block lightning fast reversal super that's also a combo starter and an install that heals me
This shit is Testament or Abba?

>and it shows with how it makes all the other options to create space useless in comparison.
Do you ever need to jump backwards in Tekken at all? I've never seen anyone do it in a tournament or anything.

Better risky but fast than risky but slow

Attached: image0.jpg (1539x1658, 220K)

I don't play Tekken but I assume jumping would low profile lows, right?

Sol is about 257 if I remember correctly.

And throughout his entire life he never got tired of Queen

It does but I think just blocking lows is preferable since most lows are punishable on block.
This is just an assumption but parrying would also be better because jumps are very slow in Tekken so maybe you're not able to punish the move in time. Maybe jumps are so slow that you can even get heavily punished since you're considered air borne if you get hit by a mid or high that wouldn't normally lead to a combo. iirc you're in a "crouched" state after landing from a jump for a few frames so maybe that leads to some interesting options but so far I just don't see too many useful things coming out from a backwards jump.

I don't wanna meet the guy who gets tired of Queen honestly

man im glad my friend actually fuckin plays ram i play elphelt so i guess im good

fuck off elphelt is fine get good at my loops

The people who prefer Xrd over +R play like this.

Attached: 1566317589038.webm (640x460, 2.94M)

go back

>Baiken player mashing azami
My sides.

Attached: Laughing Student Council President.webm (960x540, 1.38M)

Attached: Big brain Sol gameplay.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

Needs more Riot Stamp to be honest

Ok Yea Forums, which is it?

Attached: sol.png (1200x1000, 176K)

Is Sol the easiest to play main character in any fighting game? He always had ridiculously good buttons in every GG game and his main specials are also good.

B.
Offensive spikes are more in line with Sol's character.

Elphelt, Leo, Raven are more braindead easy

They're not main characters in a franchise. By main character I mean like Ragna for BB, Scorpion for MK, Ryu for SF, etc.

Attached: EEwVQ5YVAAY2Mr1.jpg (581x1662, 326K)

I can finally say that Sol's model in Xrd was atrocious without people jumping on me

Attached: 1354843018310.png (150x150, 29K)

Is it a joke about May being hard headed?

You can cancels dashes in granblue with forward slide, spot dodge or attacks

Attached: 435453435453453435.jpg (1703x2048, 191K)

Dustloops are a bit of an execution barrier, in XX a lot of his moves were also heavily situational.
I hate how Sol looks in that game. Not having his eyes visible and the slimmer body made him look cooler in XX. His face in Xrd just looked like a bara version of the girl from Kill La Kill or something, I never liked it.

Attached: 76817118_p0.jpg (1149x1557, 721K)

Stop being a fucking retard and wanting everything spoonfed to you. This is why nu-GG players are fucking cancer.

I love how Guilty Gear is literally the free form jazz of fighting games.

youtube.com/watch?v=0LeiwjJx994

A classic

What the fuck is wrong with having wiki?
I'd like to have at least basic shit like fucking framedata in one place instead of having to visit every single character discord to know if something is punishable.

And if anything it's the new wave of players that prefer to put instead everything on Twitter

You delete this right now

Attached: 1506268979033.png (599x423, 468K)

I never saw that picture. And as an actual Ram player, I'm glad you posted it.

May is getting so many new arts
Maybe GG is more popular than I thought

>Baiken falls for the frame trap at 0:04
>Elphelt airdashes backwards and this massive retard airdashes off a neutral jump at 0:08
>Eats the baited overdrive
>Recovers too early and pushes buttons despite Baiken's whole gimmick is attacking when blocking 0:12
>Pushes buttons on the blockstring rather than faultess defensing or better yet, canceling her blockstun into Azami like Baiken does 0:14
>Gets read like a book on his airdash with the grenade 0:17, the same way he ate the super
>Not knowing neither Baiken's nor Elphelt's range 0:26
>From beginning to end, Baiken had full tension bar, YRC didn't even crossed his brain
A fucking Baiken that doesn't know how to block. You know, the one character whose game-plan revolves around blocking.

GG is very popular in Japan, back in the X-XX days it was massive in the Japanese fighting game community and Xrd did pretty well in Japan.

Why is she such a tard magnet

Attached: 1546090604126.png (872x824, 456K)

>there's literally nothing wrong with the way tech is implemented in GG at the moment.
You're not even average at the game if you think that.

Why can't he combo off WT anymore

Attached: 1562763138811.png (1127x644, 1.01M)

That's a good question.

the tits

New GG's success will depend on if Baiken is in it or not. They'll lose a lot of sales if she's not in.

Is this the worst character """fix""" ever made in a GG game?

What? Baiken players never block, it's all about gambling on azami and "neutral" with suzuran

this but bridget

>Japanese Shadman immediately at it

Attached: stock-vector-businessman-run-to-open-exit-door-man-running-from-work-evacuation-sing-emergency-on-bl (1500x729, 374K)

But if you never block and always use Azami they never fall for it. It's like begging to be thrown around the place.

Why are you still posting webms of me? Fuck off retard

>press esc to cancel fullscreen
gonna need the full video NAO

youtube.com/watch?v=rPFATA1PfEg

Because most baiken """"players"""" are just those fucks you see in DOA threads spending all their time talking about how they jack off instead of actually playing the game.

Attached: 1544175039065.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

Its the safest Option select for a character to "main" if you're a LARPer like Maximillian who says he plays Baiken, or you're a waifufag.

because ky died

Kind of hilarious how you guys are screaming and sperging about Baiken fans not actually playing her, but then when a webm of someone playing her gets posted you're all up in arms about how bad and horrible the player in question is.
Fucking pathetic, do you want us to play the game or no?

And if you're too stupid to realize; you need to lose to get better, it's called effort. Play more and shitpost less.

Attached: 1567336241432.jpg (1118x1200, 139K)

Eh she can force some retarded mind games with it that a lot of players even on high level get caught by.
All she needs is to be slightly - on block

>Still In The Dark
Jesus

Attached: 1548394689901.gif (480x320, 1.95M)

I don't want cut content. I want everyone to get their character so we can all play together

Attached: 1481609908078.png (222x227, 34K)

t. waifufag LARPer

Attached: VenomBaiken.webm (640x480, 2.34M)

Headbutting the arcade stick and manhandling the joystick isn't "playing"

It's kind of generally recognized that Baiken is the pleb-tier waifu for people who don't actually play Guilty Gear all that much.

Probably because she's one of the the only two girls who are socially acceptable for western influencers to be attracted to in the game. Everyone else looks too young/cute.

Attached: 1182722733353.jpg (1280x1024, 167K)

>I-No looks too young and cute
>Jam looks too young and cute

I-no is the other one of the two.

What on earth is Chipp doing?

For me it's interesting that we're moving on to a completely new version with new roster. Sucks for some people but hey I didn't get my main back in Xrd and somehow played it instead of bitching and moaning

Attached: 1cf5d181c30ed57f1621303b5e3fae35.jpg (600x600, 177K)

I'm just hoping Ram and Bedman are in

I think YOU are the one who should die here. Faggot.

Attached: 175e4e32-dc9a-4c76-95ad-939ea502354a..jpg (478x720, 50K)

He seems pretty dead though. Would you be okay with his sister?

>Bedman
Bruh..

Attached: 1449716428866.jpg (640x544, 51K)

oh fuck I never played the story

rip my man, hopefully there's a character similar because I did enjoy playing as him

fuck jap shadman MAKE BETTER DOUJINS YOU FUCK

BEDWOMAN

This is what Ram's redesign will look like.

Attached: ram black.webm (888x500, 2.14M)

bro

I mean, I don't have crazy hours, but, I've played long enough to know I like Ram

Attached: gg.png (1073x152, 299K)

>38 fucking hours
>amounting to ANYTHING in a fighting game
JUST
AS
I
ANTICIPATED
FUCKING RAMLETHAL NIGGERS DON'T PLAY THE GAME

Attached: 1548340293659.png (408x129, 79K)

I'm not THAT into the game, I just like playing it

besides, Bedman's better

I don't play myself but I'm hoping a new GG will revive my interest in watching fighting games which was killed many years ago by SFV

Attached: EByEx9iXkAARwfi.jpg (1280x1451, 318K)

>watching fighting games
Come play user, don't be a passive spectator

Attached: 1568478454815.jpg (300x960, 79K)

post >yfw your main is dogshit tier but you keep playing them because you dig their aesthetics/style

Attached: 1567934241244.png (773x935, 279K)

Attached: 1432740515439.png (640x287, 304K)

Shit's hard, dude. I'm not a competitive guy, but I like watching competitions

Attached: 1539759287141.png (939x269, 229K)

I've always avoided using these neon skins because they paint their nails blue too. And it looks absolutely retarded when they paint it even on the gloves.

I consider community to be a big reason to play fighting games. I never really got into guilty gear because the community acted a lot like....
Discount Granblue Fantasy

It's quite normal for GG

Attached: 1356577650097.jpg (2392x3456, 948K)

What?

Ok ill give a quick rundown

>MUH WAIFUS MUH WAIFUS MUH WAIFUS
>namefags everywhere
>Lunatics
>reposting a single image over several years because it features a character that gets no artwork
>Barely any actual matches

That's literally most fanbases on Yea Forums

Holy shit, this is retarded.

that's not even asanagi, retard

>
It literally is, or some cheap copout thats barely any different

I like it, gives Daisuke's characters some METAL uniqueness. Same thing with all the branded clothes + calligraphy all the GG guys wear, despite them all looking way too hyper unique to be bought by just anyone

Attached: Raven_GG2_Portrait.png (1100x813, 745K)