What are their chances of getting into Smash, Yea Forums?

What are their chances of getting into Smash, Yea Forums?

Attached: 0436e1d4f96c4b4216fa6f44b08fbc6a.jpg (338x600, 58K)

>new, popular, and exclusive switch game
sort of high

I would expect them to get in so Nintendo can shill their own game, but I also expected Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for the same reason. Who knows.

Rex couldn't get into Smash because it was "too late"

XC2 was announced January 2017 and released December that year, SSBU was announced on March 2018 and was released December that year. I don't buy it

Depends.
Is the next selection of DLC characters also Third party only like the Challenger pack?
No.
If it's anything goes.
Pretty fucking high considering Shulk got in under being a cult classic alone.

when it comes to shill picks, they'd be significantly better than a 3H rep

my guess is that Fighters Pass is third party only and post-Pass has Nintendo characters. Sakurai said "game worlds" implying new games and IPs not represented in Smash

>new, popular, and exclusive switch game
I don't want them for that reason
it's like every new FE lord or the newest Pokemon getting in
the game is good but I'd prefer something with sequels and history instead of just being the latest big thing
and we already have Bayo for Platinum

it helps that Sakurai is a big Xenoblade fan and XC1 sold like garbage so monolith soft were probably begging for a rep

They’re boring looking anime characters, but the legions would actually make them an interesting character.

They're Mii costumes.

Better than another Pokemon FE, I think they would fight like Rosalina but you can swap between 1-3 stands

But its gonna be a new Pokemon rep

As assit trophies, sure

Gunner or Swordfigher?

Slim to none.

Smash started development in early 2016 and the roster got decided right at the beginning

Dunno, something like splatoon didn't make it in until the next game despite being released around launch, and launch switch games didn't make the cut outside of BoTW link, but then DLC can be a different matter for this game

This
Not to mention Nintendo owns the IP

So Joker and Luminary were decided before the games were even released? Incineroar too.

It's a brand new IP why the fuck do you niggers want it shamelessly shoved into Smash so soon? I fucking hate you people.

Most likely Swordfighter.

>ice climbers but cool
no chance

you make a good point, when has a brand new IP ever been into Smash that hasn't had any sort of sequel?

Never. Get fucked.

pretty low, since it's so new

I want them in just for the music.

>why the fuck do you niggers want it shamelessly shoved into Smash so soon?
For the same reason I want Viewtiful Joe in Smash, I like them and they seem like they be fun to play as

Ice Climbers

ancient franchises don't count

THIS IS IT MY FRIEND

Attached: 1524348326220.png (352x286, 100K)

Main character is not that unique honestly. It's not that iconic. But the gameplay could be amazing though

closest thing was roy being a new character and put in melee for his game that wasnt out yet. Then corrin pulled that shit

Rex didn't get in because he'd be boring as fuck to play as in Smash, and I liked XC2.

>uses a baton, a gun and a sword
>also has access to 5 different Legions
The moveset potential is there and the game did perform well.

Honestly, these two and Byleth are potential candidates for the second pass and I believe they're part of the reason why Nintendo and Sakurai decided to do another one. Alongside Rex, maybe.

I think Rex's time has kind of passed. The Mii Costume and the Xenoblade 1 Remake kind of killed his chances and hype in my eyes.

Fates came out in Japan in June 2015, a good 6 months before Corrin was even announced for Smash. Blame NoA for not wanting to localize and release the game around this time of the year back in 2015 and instead choosing to push it back almost an entire year.

Attached: Ultimate_Columbine_Gohan.png (640x2067, 729K)