FOR FUCK'S SAKE ATLUS

FOR FUCK'S SAKE ATLUS.
THIS IS THE LAST STRAW
WHERE'S MY SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI THREAD?

Attached: 1557334942724.jpg (640x853, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Strange_Journey_Forma
youtube.com/watch?v=zcQpUBjaxko
youtu.be/ohAiFqvZkvE
gamezone.com/originals/9-games-that-are-the-dark-souls-of-their-genre/
twitter.com/yamaneko2014923/status/1174085153448087552
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there anyone out there who unironically thinks Persona started out with Persona 3?

Of course not. As far as Persona games that are actually good, this is fact.

That is when Persona started to go to shit though?

I dont think anyone is truly that dumb.
though im sure the vast majority dont know what system they are on.

Attached: 1a74ec6b52ac2dc47ae3df9371d0cbb9.jpg (800x1100, 113K)

Those crazy japs started Final Fantasy at 7 so I don't see why not.

>omg guys, I'm totally a mainline fan, I didn't come to the series from persona or the kuzunoha games
Reminder 10 years passed between III and IV release, fucking secondaries.

Why? Because it became popular?
Fuck off, 1 and the 2 duology are garbage.

Yeah, because starting Shin Megami Tensei with III was ok?

two different teams

3 has worse gameplay and a worse story than 2

The fuck do you want?
My first smt was devil survivor, you CAN'T get more chad than this.

Attached: 1554499153318.jpg (352x501, 53K)

i bet SMT would sell great if it had a different name

>another secondary thinking he matters

SMTV is gonna be more "lol totally not Persona" garbage anyway.

I have very low hopes.

>2
>Better gameplay than anything
We're reaching peak contrarianism here

Attached: Sen you.jpg (765x333, 85K)

This looks like pure cringe, no wonder Atlus delayed it.

>Worse gameplay
P3 was not the one with random encounters and incredibly repetitive negotiations, do nothing but spam fusion spells, and have a garbage system for getting Personas.
P2 is also two of the easiest games in the series to the point where you can just win with what Philemon gives you.
>Story
You can think what you want but I prefer Persona 3's.

I guess you're right about that.
The name surely is a barrier in the west since it sounds too much ching chong.
Should it be renamed into something like
>METEMPSICOSIS
>of the True Goddess
Mh... would you play a series called Metempsicosis?
Or Reincarnation?

Attached: 6fd1531733c854b3e0644e0b208501c8.png (643x1000, 1.01M)

P2 story falls of a cliff the momet the gang defeats King Leo going further down the shitter with the absolute god awful pay off and resolution to the whole Joker plot. P2fags will never admit this

Attached: 1556921642920.png (520x549, 225K)

That's another thing, I am not savvy in the series per se but there are aspects of both which I like but I don't think they should merge, in P3 and onwards I didn't like how only the mc can switch personas but when it comes to the setting I kind of like SMT or at least what I have seen in Notcturne, DDS and others, the only downside is missing some favorite demons from time to time.

The initial pitch for a name was Revelations.

Oh yeah? My first game was Digital Devil Story Megami Tensei for the Famicom.

Attached: walter-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-7.51.jpg (210x240, 20K)

Thanks for pointing out how retarded that whole thing sounded.
I don't believe there are people itt that started before III.

>actual maps, demon negotiations, full control over your party and what Persona they use, multiple elements including light and dark spells that didn't only RNG ko, combat that doesn't boil down to knockdown and all out attack
vs.
>proc gen maps, ai party members with 1 persona, card game persona acquisition and rinse and repeat combat
Id say they're easily better than 3 in most regards

you have shit taste

>combat that doesn't boil down to knockdown and all out attack
You're right, the game plays itself instead

>Actual maps
Random Encounters kill any sense of fun there would have been exploring them
>Full control over party and their Personas
Okay, not really necessary though
>Multiple Elements, Light and Dark
Too many elements honestly. Felt bloated.
>Combat that doesn't boil to knockdown vs attack
It boils down to "Spam strongest move or have the same exact conversation x10000" instead, so much better.
>Card Game Persona acquisition
The main method is fusion, something 2 lacks. Instead 2 has to rely on its card collection acquisition which is way worse than Shuffle Time.

>the game plays itself instead
I think you're confusing it with 3, the game where you have no control over your party

>Devil Survivor
Based.

>Random Encounters kill any sense of fun there would have been exploring them
I agree that actually seeing encounters is better but arguing that random encounters kill any sense of fun is ridiculous. They can be annoying at times but nearly every jrpg made before the mid 2000s would be shit if that were true
>Okay, not really necessary though
nothing is really necessary, its a more engaging and fun experience
>Too many elements honestly. Felt bloated.
lol
>It boils down to "Spam strongest move or have the same exact conversation x10000" instead, so much better.
or use any of a variety of tools and spells like in most jrpgs
>2 has to rely on its card collection acquisition which is way worse than Shuffle Time.
disagree strongly

Fatlus is a disaster of a company, almost as shit as SE. Well, unlike SE, it doesn't take them 9 years to deliver a game to the market, but 6 or so is still pretty bad.

Random Encounters does kill any sense of fun in exploring. It's the antithesis of encouraging exploration because you're stopped every few seconds and forced into a battle, then when you run or win you have less resources and less and less as time goes on. Not to mention it being fucking annoying in the first place, but it makes me not want to explore and just get to the objective ASAP.

It also doesn't have an excuse for random encounters when shit like Chrono Trigger and EarthBound did away with them years prior and on a far worse machine.

at least the final product was worth the wait

Attached: 4387d8b2ee7bcc7c25d89f215e4ae8cb0d3b6d35.png (1007x751, 481K)

>implying you can escape this cycle

Attached: Jonathan knows.jpg (412x245, 22K)

would you shove your face between scathach's thighs?

No.

>be fatlus
>shit out nothing but cringe inducing persona spin off
>nobody buys them but you keep making them anyway because they're low effort trash

>P3 was not the one with random encounters and incredibly repetitive negotiations, do nothing but spam fusion spells, and have a garbage system for getting Personas.
you're right, it's the one with boring-ass random dungeons, a shitty ai combat system you spend more time watching than playing, and repetitive card games.

yes. next question

Attached: 1556673642423.jpg (632x850, 195K)

P5 is my favorite MT game, but I pretty much like them all. It kinda confuses me to see SMT fans get so upset at Persona, Atlus would be stupid to not chase the money.

Attached: 1559051764671.jpg (1773x2448, 586K)

no because man eater exist

Attached: Man_Eater_artwork.jpg (908x2616, 323K)

>P2fag complaining about anythign else being repetitive
lol

Persona started with 3
Final Fantasy started at VII
Call of Duty started at 4
Battlefield started at Bad Company 2
Need For Speed started with Underground
Tales started with Symphonia
Duke Nukem started with 3d
Dark Souls was the first fromsoft game

Why do gaming companies do this??

Atlus now belongs to sony

oh yeah, there's nothing repetitive at all about walking around the same generic dimly-lit hallways, watching mitsuru cast marin karin or mind charge for the millionth time, and then playing shuffle time for the billionth time. p3fags are delusional as fuck about their shitty game.

>P5 is my favorite MT game
>hours of repeated dialogs
>SASUGA JOKAH SASUGA JOKAH SASUGA JOKAH SASUGA JOKAH combat system
>linear
>can't replay missions
>scooby doo tier writing and story
get some taste nig nog

Attached: 1532115998866.jpg (262x336, 73K)

I dont want to be forced into a situation where I'm vociferously defending random encounters but the game gives you tools to deal with random encounters and it doesnt have an absurd rate like mmbn4. It was a common system at the time that was improved upon later

who wouldnt?

Attached: scathach lewd.jpg (860x1165, 359K)

Ok, my favorite game is still P5. Boy I'm looking forward to the re-release.
Stay angry, user. I'm sure that'll make SMT5 come quicker.

Attached: 0Q51B2J.png (512x512, 144K)

OP here, don't get me wrong. I love P5, no doubt my fav Persona, but I would love news about SMT V now, that's all. I'm happy that we're getting P5 Scramble since I like that kind of games, but I'm really growing impatient with SMT.

Attached: 75uh8p39wgxz.jpg (484x304, 32K)

>p3fags are delusional as fuck about their shitty game.
This is rich coming from a P2fag

like i said
get some taste

Attached: 1523851592029.jpg (386x750, 104K)

PUFFY

>smt4
I can’t play games at shit resolution, sorry

>MARIN KARIN xD
Someone never set tactics once in their life
>Complaining about shuffle time being repetitive when P2 has its negotiation system

P2's and even Nocturne's rate is still pretty bad and can vary from 30 seconds to 5 steps. There are tools but if you need tools to deal with your system then your system is shit.

You SMT faggots are such huge nintendo cocksuckers.

the tools are part of the system, you can use salt and disguises to avoid encounters

I got some, user. Sorry I don't like exactly the same things you do.

Attached: 1509047590774.jpg (1134x1178, 569K)

you lose
the best smt games are on sony consoles

Attached: tips fedora.jpg (640x480, 81K)

Almost all the Persona games are better than the Raidou games, just fyi

>I got some

Attached: 1485853866105.jpg (512x523, 20K)

Where is Philemon anyway
I kinda hate that Persona got rid of the SMT in its name, it owes its success to SMT

if you're a retard maybe

Attached: 1537847191548.jpg (932x544, 52K)

Sorry I don't like exactly the same games you do, user. I'l just keep liking P5, the most popular game Atlus ever made and the IP they're actively working on

Attached: 1566231731463.jpg (600x749, 153K)

time changes, son

>sjwtale
makes sense carry on

Attached: 1566441245447.jpg (640x479, 28K)

That's not even from the Raidou games. And yes, the Raidou games are boring and slow as shit.

Sorry I don't like exactly the same games you do, user. Just keep liking your boring PS2 games, I'm sure they'll get sequels one of these decades

here he is
the shit taste god

Attached: devil-summoner-raidou-kuzunoha-1-8-scale-figure-raidou-kuzunoha-vs-king-abaddon.jpg (400x565, 22K)

I dont see why Game Identity has to change with it.
Even SMT got some of that godawful modernity with Apocalypse, which was rightly criticized, even if you could fight YHVH

>i'll keep eating shit
carry on i said

where is it atlus?

Attached: 1558923929187.jpg (1280x768, 191K)

Considering how badly the games sold, I'm not in the minority there. Even fans of Raidou admit the gameplay is by far the weakest part

Sorry I don't like exactly the same games you do, user. I'm sure you'll have fun replaying your PS2 RPGs again

>popular = good
>Even fans of Raidou admit the gameplay is by far the weakest part
the combat was unique something a persona shit would never have

>unpopular=good
Makes even less sense, user. Also it certainly was unique because it wasn't very good and most MT games have at least decent gameplay

>t MT games have at least decent gameplay
>copy pasted turn based combat
>decent gameplay
and actually play the game you dumb faggot

It's fanart you fucking retard

Yeah it is decent gameplay, and most MT games have unique mechanics for the turn-based systems. Sorry Raidou was so slow and uninteresting, maybe next time.

keep eating shit, shit taste god-sama.

Attached: 1537846095288.jpg (1371x1025, 159K)

Not him, but if you're trying to actually have someone accept your opinions constantly replying by saying how their taste is the shit one actually and the games they liked are dead too probably isn't going to help your opinion on anything.
MegaTen used to get a lot of spin-offs, Digital Devil Saga, Raidou, Devil Summoner, Soul Hackers, hell even one angled towards kids called DemiKids.
Some people are naturally depressed and jaded because nothing else exists anymore, it's nothing but Persona and Persona will never change again because the social links and Press Turn System (From SMT 3) are so popular it's become the game's identity.
What you're doing now is WHY people like the user you keep replying to hate Persona and hate Persona fans.
>"Whatever lmao MY GAMES ARE POPULAR, EVERYTHING YOU LOVE IS DEAD AND WILL NEVER COME BACK"
Does that sound like something any actual MegaTen fan wants to hear? Something they already know, salt in the fucking wound while SMT V is in developmental limbo and all they see is Persona 5 getting as many spin-offs and remakes as Persona 4 did in less time than Persona 4 did. Hell, sometimes I don't want to like Persona because I don't want to be associated with a bunch of tools that can't just let angry jaded people go.
MegaTen is on its death bed, everyone's choking on Joker's cock, don't punch down and expect people to think your opinion is of any worth.

Attached: 1469407351580.jpg (1280x936, 102K)

I'm gonna keep playing what I've been playing, you have fun with your mediocre decade-old titles. I'm looking forward to P5R

>You SMT faggots are such huge nintendo cocksuckers
Every mainline SMT game but one debuted on Nintendo consoles, why the fuck would that come as a surprise to you? Even then, a huge chunk of SMT-fags are Nocturne-fags, so I don't really agree with your retarded comment

>literally shaking

>Not him, but if you're trying to actually have someone accept your opinions constantly replying by saying how their taste is the shit one actually and the games they liked are dead too probably isn't going to help your opinion on anything
You realize this all started because he told me that P5 is shit, right? ...No? Ok. Didn't think so.

Considering you posted this, the angriest post I've ever seen on Yea Forums, I'm laughing.

Yeah I know. Finish reading the post, smartass.

Can you fuck the demons

truth hurts faggot
unlike you i actually finished the game i'm shitting on
>still shaking

>boo boo baww waw
waahw shit poop garbage bad
>waa awful taste casual dummy diaper
bloo angry im laughing

Why, when the first line is so dumb?

the only problems with the gameplay in Raidou was the encounter rate

Attached: 1550184896898.jpg (728x1150, 148K)

Don't listen to retards here, it's ok to like P5 and the other moron just can't accept that Raidou wasn't that good.
This comes from a SMTfag, don't worry about us like the other guys has said. We aren't angry or anything, we just want our next smt and that's all. We like Persona too, since it is a spin off of SMT and along with Devil Survivor it is the best spin off from smt.

Requesting the P5 version of this

Attached: p4.png (412x245, 164K)

It should be noted that Persona 5 (the game itself, not the IP that it now represents) paid homage to several key elements and moments in SMT history, such as the very deliberate recreation of the segment in which Demifiend needs to save Isamu and fights several solo battles with demons such as Thor.
Atlus may not have enough respect for the core series, but Persona does.

I actually did finish Raidou, sorry that the truth about that obviously triggered you so hard.
Once again, even Raidou fans openly say that the gameplay is the worst part about those titles. For a reason. It's terrible.

what people don't get is the appeal of raidou games is not just the gameplay

read the thread

Because you're going to miss the fucking point of the post.

god damnit, i was looking through the thread for it and found it right after i posted

>it's ok to like P5
I mean I already have P5R preordered, so I really don't care if people on Yea Forums dislike it.

>gameplay is the worst part about those titles. For a reason. It's terrible.
much better than selecting the enemies weakness until you win

Really isn't. Taking 5 steps down the street and then getting into battles is really shit.

That's probably because the persona team ended up getting more of the nocturne devs than smt did

Attached: nv.jpg (600x696, 29K)

Shum Megumin Tensai isn't that the shitty persona spinoff on DS that didn't know what it was doing?? Man they sure dropped the ball on that. Can't wait for the new persona scramble game though.

You should get some sleep user it's a little late for this thread.

Attached: 1492987851238.png (287x275, 55K)

>P5R
Are you sure about it? We're talking about Atlus, chances are they will ruin the base game.
I'd wait for the reviews, I don't trust Atlus when it comes to second versions.

The best SMT games are I, II and Strange Journey so...

much better than taking 5 steps down the corridor then getting into a wall of text that you have already read

>I'd wait for the reviews, I don't trust Atlus when it comes to second versions.
I likes FES and Golden better than their base versions, I'll be fine

nobody pretends that p2 has great gameplay. people actually defend p3's shitty gameplay. that's the difference.
>just set tactics XD
yes, i know you can set tactics, but at that point the game might as well drop the shtick and just have you control your party members directly. and the tactics system is shit compared to ffxii's gambit system from the same year.

>Mainline SMT games take longer and longer after each new installment
>Fucking Jack Bros was the first MT game to be localized
>Persona has been more a presence worldwide and longer than SMT
Does Atlus even like SMT? It honestly kinda feels like an obligation for them at this point.

Attached: 1551079788570.jpg (691x486, 65K)

Actually I'd prefer that over constant battles, at least I can quickly skip through a text box. Raidou just makes me so bored.

oh, also:
>if you need tools to deal with your system then your system is shit.
the exact same thing can be said for p3's tactics system.

>nobody pretends that p2 has great gameplay.

>I'd prefer that over constant battles
yeah because the "gameplay" is atrocious

SMT is only 4 years older than Persona, user. It's not even crazy, they went with what was more popular. I mean, Nocturne didn't sell like shit for example, but it clearly underperformed. Why would they focus on mainline over Persona after that

I needed a shitton of demon repelling items to actually continue playing Raidou, encounter rates are fucking abysmal

Well I guess so then.
I wasn't fond of Golden, but liked FES

Not the fact that you use the same combo for the entire game or that demons, the big gimmick, are so dumb they are almost a liability?
The combat is awful, the story is OK, the setting is great, but everything regarding the game play is fucked up and tacked on.

They like what makes them money.
SMT doesn't make money.
Persona does.
Hence why SMT V's had no word of update for a long ass time.
Hence why Tokyo Mirage Sessions was FExPersona in concept as opposed to FExSMT like it was initially promoted as.
It's depressing but MegaTen as a franchise is on its last limbs, Persona isn't even considered a MegaTen spin-off anymore since Persona 4.

Attached: 1456511484715.jpg (1920x1072, 196K)

How do people not realise that what happens with persona has nothing to do with smtv's development, atlus has different studio's and p-studio (the persona studio) has nothing to do with smt, if anything the tms port is taking more manpower from smtv than anything persona related is.

combat was fine in the first one and fun in the second, only issue was the encounter rate made the combat tedious (especially in the first)

>4 years older than Persona
What the fuck is an SNES?

Dude, did you actually CHECK the release dates of SMT1 vs Persona 1? Or did you just chimp out? Persona 1 came out 4 years after SMT1. Check it out.

The One More system and Press Turn systems may sound similar but aren't the same thing.

Press Turn gives your whole party more turns, One More has that party member attack again.

Press Turn also got expanded on in IV with Smirk, setting the two further apart.

You're assuming I care about the point of your post, user. Dangerous assumption.

Well when you mentioned Nocturne I thought somehow you were one of those people that didn't actually know Persona 1 and 2 existed, I thought you were somehow comparing SMT3 to Persona 3.

Not in the west it isn't. Nocturne didn't get released until 7 years after the first Persona came to the west.

For better or worse Atlus established fucking Persona more as a franchise than they ever did for SMT. Which by the way, the only version of the first game they ever released was on fucking IOS

Is this surprising at all?
MegaTen has been using the same goddamn designs and gameplay for decades, and storywise its been repeating the same damn story for even longer. Its had about as much Innovation as Pokemon.
Persona is the modern equivalent of an SMT game, what a MegaTen game should strive to be. Stylish, eye catching, relatable. SMT is just too outdated for todays standards. I'm glad Persona 1 got rid of the influence with the PSP Rerelesse

Then don't go talking shit or acting like you're special for liking the most popular title of the most popular franchise in Atlus's belt and then mocking other people for liking games that'll never see the light of day again.

>the only version of the first game they ever released was on fucking IOS
Which has since been delisted iirc

Where do I start with SMT? Emulating the 3DS or PS2 games?

>Stylish, eye catching, relatable
Fuck off tyranny Persona style visual novels can choke on Neptune's cock.

>Then don't go talking shit or acting like you're special for liking the most popular title of the most popular franchise in Atlus's belt
Nah I'm gonna keep doing it. Sorry your favorite MT IP is dead and never returning, btw

don't even see the point in writing bait like this

Start with 1 then go in order of release, play the remake of Strange Journey as well before IV.

It has, I went to buy it last week and couldn't find it or 2 anywhere

>"Persona is the modern equivalent of an SMT game"
That is the worst possible fucking comparison you could make considering how wildly different they are tonally. SMT isn't outdated, it's just that people prefer the wish fulfillment aspects of Persona to the post-apocalypse and gloom SMT has.

Attached: 1443925977369.jpg (465x465, 37K)

Me

>Its not my point of view, must be bait.

Alright. Just stating the facts, SMT is just an older, less detailed Persona

what do you even get out of it

I don't know if i prefer doomguy or demon slaver hackerman more, their average guy schtick is way appealing. What about you blokes

Attached: I WANNA BE GAMBLING WITH YOUUUUUU.jpg (500x699, 256K)

>to the post-apocalypse and gloom SMT has.
But that's wish fulfilment as well

All true. And the again, this all Atlus's fault, no two ways around it.
They could've released the other games in other territories outside of Japan after Nocturne proved there was a market for them.

But they fucking didn't, and let the franchise rot and have Persona gradually supplant them. Persona is the game that the west knows about, Persona is the game that they established years ago and has since blossomed into what it is while SMT rots as they take their sweet ass time for SMTV without actually thinking about if they announced it too early.

The worst part is, I don't even think all this was intentional, I think Atlus was just kinda shortsighted and inept with the series they have.

Attached: 1528181240768.png (596x346, 70K)

>needing sequels for the games to be considered good
Your logic is stupid.

>Hence why Tokyo Mirage Sessions was FExPersona in concept as opposed to FExSMT like it was initially promoted as.
No, that's because it was funded by an idol company, if they wanted to make an FExPersona game it would actually have both fe and persona characters and as it stands tms has way more references to smt than persona

>They could've released the other games in other territories outside of Japan after Nocturne proved there was a market for them.
But as far as I've heard, Nocturne didn't prove that. It was by no means a flop, but also wasn't anything to write home about. Heck, key staff at Atlus actually got kinda depressed over the mediocre reception. P3 was the first game from Atlus to really take off overseas. It wasn't even Nocturne, none of the PS2 era MT games did all that well besides Persona

I don't have a favorite MT IP, actually. In fact my first foray into MegaTen was Persona 3 FES.
The difference is that I've looked into other aspects of the franchise, I've tried a few things that aren't just Persona, but not enough stuff that I could have a favorite.
Maybe Devil Survivor but that's fairly recent, even if it won't be getting a sequel.
See what makes me different from you is that I get how painful this shit is for people that aren't in the majority pool. And I still want to see SMT V finished and play that too.
At the very least, I don't have to worry about SMT V being unfinished and rushed out the door and needing a $60 remake a year later to patch up the holes. At the very least, I can look back, hell I even enjoy the Persona Q spin-offs which most Persona fans hated for not being Persona enough.
So let me make this very clear:
You aren't special for liking Persona 5, you aren't special for wanting Persona 5 Royal, and not at least throwing fuel on the fire makes everyone else who plays Persona look bad.
Now I'm going to keep saving up gems in the Star Ocean mobage to try and roll for the P3 MC in October, waiting for SMT V and not acting like my opinions make me better than anyone but the bottom feeders who kick people while they're down.

Attached: 1479756202506.jpg (500x563, 57K)

Sequels meant the game was successful, and thus they can make more. I was arguing they were considered successful, which they were

>I don't have a favorite MT IP, actually. In fact my first foray..
Stopped reading here, don't care about your blog

Keep making the Persona fanbase look bad, it'll really make the people who hate Persona look at things from your perspective.
That short and sweet enough for you, sweetheart?

P5 was shit wtf are u talking about

>hell I even enjoy the Persona Q spin-offs which most Persona fans hated for not being Persona enough.
It was disliked for the shoddy character writing and unbalanced gameplay

>Keep making the Persona fanbase look bad, it'll really make the people
Stopped reading here, don't care

>It was by no means a flop
That's all you need. You can't and shouldn't except a hit right out of the gate, especially when they barely advertised the fucking thing, then was the time to really introduce the west to SMT and understand what it was about

>none of the PS2 era MT games did all that well besides Persona
Gee I wonder why nobody cared about the Devil Summoner games when the only other frame of reference they had was a turn based RPG

Nah it's good reviewers told me so

Shit taste, i bet you think p5 is "DEEP" and "RELEVANT" neck yourself

You can only go up from diarrhoea annon

Yeah my favourite youtuber said it was the best rpg ever made

Having references to demons doesn't count as a SMT reference when Persona has pretty all of those same demons in them.

> if they wanted to make an FExPersona game it would actually have both fe and persona characters
Somehow I really doubt that. TMS I feel always intended to have "loose" connections to SMT, I doubt if it was more blatant with the Persona tie-ins we'd have the P4 cast walking around with FE characters.

i'm playing it but it jsut feels like shit, especially the pacing and the music just runs on together because it all sounds the same

>Announce SMTV and this game
>still uses all of the staff to milk Shitsona 5 despite not making any profit
When will Sega fire the higher ups at Shitlus?

Attached: ProjectReFantasy.jpg (1340x761, 90K)

If it wanted to have a connection to persona without actual characters it would have had a calendar system and social links, but mechanically it's nothing like persona, the writing isn't much like persona either and persona doesn't have a monopoly on modern day settings so that isn't to call the game FExPersona when it's still more FExSMT in how the game actually plays

You do know they are different studios right

>still uses all of the staff to milk Shitsona 5 despite not making any profit
There's been nothing but profit since P5 released, user.

You do know Sega owns Shitlus?

kys FEcuck

I'm saying atlus has different studios, they don't just shuffle staff around all the time like they used to, people who work on persona work on persona, people who work on smt work on smt.

There's no reason to make another SMT when Persona works just fine

The game peaks with kamoshida, after his dungeon it just falls hard, characters are somehow worse than p4s its pretty remarkable honestly

Attached: 1552270020646.png (792x792, 790K)

The FE characters are called "Performas" user, it's really obvious that's a Persona reference

Not that guy but I disagree with this pretty hardcore. Mararame was a good villain, and so was Kaneshiro and the rest. Even Okumura, who was arguably the weakest, was still a compelling villain.

I wish every Megami Tensei game gets the P1 PSP treatment when they get rereleased

They don't function like personas, and persona didn't invent that concept

Performa is the energy, not the characters
megamitensei.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Strange_Journey_Forma

Hey, I agree with you for most of that. But from the outside looking in, you can't deny at it has more in common with Persona than SMT proper in terms of tone.

Attached: 1520382396575.png (366x417, 103K)

funny enough i just finished kamoshida's castle but i'm too busy playing SMT IV and Persona 3 to play Persona 5

Yknow what would make the new SMT Great?
Actual Characters

No, it wouldn't.

if with actual you mean boring you're right

Gaston was the only omelette they could make after breaking a lot of eggs.

One of the reasons I actually liked SMT4A was due to the characters. Don't get me wrong, I think 4A had some real issues too, but I gotta say that for me the characters weren't a problem. In fact I really like Toki, but she hardly has any fanart.

Attached: 1541702703486.png (600x600, 434K)

Theyre meh villains, no character or redeemable qualities to them, rhe problem is the execution and pacing, the villains are actually waay better than the main characters, i think the confidants were better than the main characters even, after they are introduced they become lame anime caricatures, with no characters and a shit pretentious story a jrpg cant really stand

>I think 4A had some real issues too
Aside from the retarded plot, what "real" issues are there if not the awful, awful characters you have to deal with?

Just sell it and keep playing good games man

lol i didn't buy it i'm emulating it

Well youre smater than me lol

Attached: 1568167869308.gif (327x487, 3.64M)

>Fellow DeSu chad
Based

Attached: 1564405222227.jpg (250x250, 48K)

This is the man that killed SMTV.

Attached: 8ED5BDBD-217C-4B63-8C07-9337AD203AFA.gif (498x442, 1.87M)

well done, joker.

I just said I don't think that the characters are a problem. I just had some other minor issues with the story, mostly. Asahi's death was one point I particularly disliked.

>Imagine arguing about what's better when you can instead enjoy both and have twice the fun
GG Yea Forumsirgins

Attached: genus.png (112x112, 17K)

My bros

Well, I'm just curious what actually bothered you about the game if not the obnoxious characters

That's probably the least Chad you could possibly be.

Even if the story is better, Persona has never really had a great story. P3 and up have style, character interactions, great music, great character designs, etc. It's a different kind of experience. A better experience.
>le epic boring characters in drab rooms for 60 hours dungeon crawlan

Stuck in a shitty web in Persona Q

Raidou's a lot of fun still despite how boring it is to actually play. If Raidou 1 had fun combat and a lower encounter rate it would probably be my favorite Megami Tensei game hands down, I still love it even though the combat is so boring, but I'll always be sad that there was never a Raidou with good combat.

SMT was never in Persona's title, they just stuck it on the title of the Western release so people would associate it with Nocturne and dropped it when it had become clear that it was far more popular than Nocturne or any SMT for that matter. That was all on on ATLUS USA though, the original releases never had SMT in the title.

Attached: 1501277610733.jpg (1200x940, 104K)

I just said, mostly issues with the story. I thought that Asahi's death and resurrection was very poorly handled in particular. Also I personally think that there wasn't much incentive to go the massacre route.

>Killing all of your friends isnt a good incentivr

>What you're doing now is WHY people like the user you keep replying to hate Persona and hate Persona fans
The other guy is being far more unreasonable. All the first poster said is that P5 is his favorite and the other poster responded by whining that someone likes P5 while acting like Raidou is better than it is instead of acknowledging that Raidou is great despite what issues it has. It just makes you come off as though you only like non-Persona MegaTen out of contrarianism when you jump on someone for liking Persona while trying to act above someone else just for playing a more obscure game. SMTfags like that are the worst and they drag every SMT thread into the ground.

DeSu3 when

Attached: 1561682321540.jpg (421x468, 25K)

Every Persona after 3 is better than every SMT ever

There's some really obvious falseflagging going on this thread

Fuck SMT and Persona, where's my new Raidou?

tranny

how do you solve the problem of games not being popular enough?

>Hence why SMT V's had no word of update for a long ass time.
Persona made money before 5 and that didn't get an update for a long time either.

>Persona isn't even considered a MegaTen spin-off anymore since Persona 4.
Persona is and always has been considered a MegaTen spinoff, just because ATLUS USA, who have nothing to do with the development of the game aside from localization, stopped branding the game as SMT doesn't change that. It was never branded as SMT in Japan to begin with. ATLUS are a company that kept Etrian Odyssey going for over a decade and they still have plans for a new one, and EO is a hell of a lot less popular than anything MegaTen. They're not not releasing SMTV out of spite or whatever other nonsense you've come up with, and they're not going to make money by announcing games they intend to never release. They just take forever to release this stuff because, they always have, they're quick to outsource low effort P5 spinoffs and re-releases of their older games, but that's hardly the same effort that's required for a game like SMTV, a new EO, Project Re Fantasy or even P5 itself. This is nothing new for ATLUS and the constant whining about how Persona is the root of all that's wrong with ATLUS is ridiculous. Think about it for more than a second and you'd realize that shit like P5S isn't as taxing on ATLUS' resources or manpower as a completely new numbered SMT game, or even some other hypothetical MegaTen spinoff, it has taken one team at ATLUS over 4 years to develop one modern console release, and it's currently taking another team 2 years and counting to release another. They are very clearly incapable of churning out Devil Summoners and other spinoffs like they used to be able to, and it's not part of some elaborate ploy that can all be pinned on them trying to bank on Persona, it's just their own incompetence, which you'd think you'd be used to by now.

Attached: 1518460181409.jpg (867x781, 92K)

>Also I personally think that there wasn't much incentive to go the massacre route
Why not?
>get to become God
>return a favor to the guy who saved your life
>get rid of your annoying fukken "friends" you have no choice but to put up with throughout the game
Seems like a sweet deal to me desu

Always was kinda weird to me. If they were supposed to be your """friends""", why didn't the writers at least make them likable?

Probably wanted to account for the Massacre Route

I think like my tolerance for random encounters diminishes in direct relation with how large the environments are in addition to, of course, the encounter rate. For instance, DQ8 on PS2 was a lot less enjoyable than Nocturne because of the environmental/encounter correlates, among other things. Anyone feel the same?

Attached: majin tensei heroine.jpg (1596x3020, 575K)

I just don't like high encounter rates in general. I don't think I could have stomached SMT1 if I didn't have a Demon with Estoma from early on. The encounter rate in Nocturne never bothered me though, it didn't seem too high.

because Persona makes an ass load of cash for them and can continue to make them cash to a much wider audience SMT just can't compete with that, they'll probably treat it as a training ground for to test out new mechanics and combat for future persona games

>2 duology are garbage.
If you think Persona 2 is worse than Persona 4 you must actually have brain damage.

Tough choice. Space Marine is obviously military while Hackerman is more ordinary.

I like Space Marine as far as normal humans go. Strange Journey feels like the game that really emphasises how weak humans are in comparison to Demons in my eyes, though they de-emphasised it a bit in DSJ's content which was the only thing I particularly disliked about that new content, but him being a normal guy stuck with me the most because of that. Raidou's still my favorite protagonist in general though.

Attached: 1512952096512.jpg (640x560, 79K)

>Persona is and always has been considered a MegaTen spinoff
Explain this
youtube.com/watch?v=zcQpUBjaxko

I genuinely expected Atlus to announce a Nocturne remaster/remake on PS4/Switch during this TGS to get people to wait for the actual SMTV. It seems the game is in deep development hell and was announced way too early

Aesthetics aside, TMS is far more akin to SMT than Persona, as TMS doesn't force you to scroll through 50 hours of text walls.

>Aesthetics aside, TMS is far more akin to SMT than Persona,
Completely wrong
>as TMS doesn't force you to scroll through 50 hours of text walls.
Also wrong

Explain what?

What's there to explain? They only gave the spotlight to SMT games and spinoffs just showed up in between, and they only showed DeSu1, Raidou 1, and I don't think I could see DDS2 there either. They treated Persona no differently, they showed just the first game in between if... and NINE, and no other games from the series.

I'd be really unhappy if they announced a Nocturne remake. Putting aside that I'd hate to see Nocturne being remade when SMT1 and 2 need it way more, I'd really rather they put their attention towards SMTV, not just retreading old ground.

>the worse the persona games get, the more they get shilled and the less we get SMT
Atlus is quickly falling

Attached: kot.jpg (1024x1004, 44K)

Nice argument.

Attached: loss (2).jpg (1242x1242, 1.38M)

It's not supposed to be nice it's supposed to be correct

That's a good thing let smt die it's already shit now
Persona will die off a gen or two after

>tfw I just want more devil survivor

Seriously
DS games always make me have fun

>P5 is my favorite MT game, but I pretty much like them all. It kinda confuses me to see SMT fans get so upset at Persona
>Altus would be stupid to not chase the money
not any of these anons, I don't know about being less unreasonable, people are frustrated about the smt situation and he comes in and say that. no shit, that's why people are mad that things are this way, it almost like he's picking a fight acting like that he is so above it all. Similar to this, you see it everywhere when someone is just trying to vent their frustration about SMTV and people who don't care comes in to shit on them. How is that any better than SMTfagging.

Well,there well people who thought SFII was the firts street figther game soooooo...

Attached: 9433120_p0.jpg (1500x1800, 496K)

too many people pirated them.

I love Soul Hackers because its got a great mix of cyberpunk and mysticism.
Space Marine has a cool design but his game is way worse than SH

Attached: Soul Hackers 7.jpg (680x1200, 99K)

In subsequent posts he started being obnoxious, but what started the argument was just someone honing in on the fact that he said a Persona game is his favorite MegaTen, which in itself is fine. Everyone is well aware of the flaws in most MegaTen games, but if someone were to say my favorite MegaTen game is this or that, people wouldn't just jump on you and start picking away at all the flaws at the game, but they always have to do it when it comes to Persona and it's annoying. I wasn't really trying to defend the guy who said P5 is his favorite MegaTen game so much as I was trying to point out how annoying the other guy was being, because this shit happens anytime Persona post 3 is mentioned at all ina slightly positive note and it always goes one for hours and it's always awful. I don't even go into Persona threads because I don't like Personafags so this isn't some attempt to jump in their defense, I'm just tired of seeing the constant bitching and whining anytime the series is brought up, often with completely nonsensical assertions that it's Persona's fault that SMTV isn't out yet along with whoever's saying this victimizing themselves and acting like ATLUS are personally tormenting them by releasing Persona spinoffs. It's just obnoxious, too common in SMT threads and I'm tired of seeing it.

youtu.be/ohAiFqvZkvE

Attached: 1563406270282.png (320x120, 19K)

>Kaneko is no longer associated with Atlus

I'm glad it's dead.

Attached: 1481770052939.png (500x270, 66K)

what the fuck is shin megami tensei? it just looks like boring persona, there's no color and no social links.
is it even a problem though? bethesda started fallout with 3 and it's one of the biggest games ever

>FF started with 7
bruh

So the dream is dead.

>he didn't start out with the book its based off of
Cant believe I even share a board with you casuals. Smh, absolute state of Yea Forums

Why do you care about the spinoff game so much

Me. I bought Eternal Punishment the first day it was released for the PS1, and I even own the original, but both were severely lacking, and the whole daemon thing was confusing to me.

Persona 3 dumbed down their plot points and entertained the audience.

Persona 5 is not a spinoff anymore. It doesn't have "Shin Megami Tensei" in the title

The amount of autism in this thread is atrocious

>what the fuck is shin megami tensei? it just looks like boring persona, there's no color and no social links.
i know its bait but it still gets me

Attached: 1549933097888.jpg (1920x796, 242K)

Start getting used to it, brother. It's our future now.

gamezone.com/originals/9-games-that-are-the-dark-souls-of-their-genre/

Attached: 1455104777248.jpg (1280x1138, 297K)

Atlus themselves

I started with Devil Summoner or Devil Survivor, forget which, and I unironically think Persona is miles better because of the balance between demon fighting and life simulator.

It was still called Shin Megami Tensei when Persona 3 came out, Persona 5 was when they dropped the title.

why did they remove the SMT music from catherine fullbody? are they legitimately trying to erase SMT mythos from the Atlus brand?

wow, what a controversial opinion, i bet no one will agree with you

Attached: 1565544761401.jpg (1024x862, 96K)

I don't give a fuck, you're all wrong.

Seems like it
twitter.com/yamaneko2014923/status/1174085153448087552

Fucking why
For what purpose

Because most P2fags literally haven't even played the game
Next you bring up the terrible resolutions to Eikichi and Lisa's arcs and they stare at you glassy eyed before going "muh bittersweet ending muh motorcycle sounds"

>P2 niggerz are either all fake saying shit like how 2 (and 1) are honorary SMT or some bullshit or just fujos
>P3/4 niggers are on the way of non-existence ; and the crossovers they participate on feature only the MCs
>They also try to tail from the fame of 5 but saying is shit at any moment they can
Pathetic, but dont let me stop you ; keep on the good show

what's the deal, why do they hate Kaneko now? on his wiki page it says he worked on P5 the Anime last year but there's no mention of what role he actually had on it

Attached: Kazuma Kaneko - Wikipedia.png (873x1116, 79K)

same people that get moved around teams

Nobody has corroborated this story but this literal who
I don't know why people try to invent grand conspiracies about Kaneko being Kojima'd when he flat out said he wanted to let the next generation take the stage and is mentioned a ton in the making of SMT IV

In some ways it did because it was the beginning of the team that made Persona ever since then

You better learn nip because there'll be a year delay before SMT V even gets localized, Sega of America prioritizes Sega games that sell 10 copies in the west over Atlus games

>learn nip
無理だ

why did they remove smt songs from persona
why would they re-release TMS of all things with even more FE emphasis, but refuse to acknowledge or mention SMT5 ever again?

catherine* derp

Atlus probably doesn't want to talk about SMTV until they have a solid release date. The game must be having some serious development issues which is funny since Atlus is using UE4 for it.

I love P4's soundtrack.

that doesn't answer any of the other stuff

they are very clearly burying all traces of pre-P3 era of atlus.

What about the mobile gacha game? Doesn't that have SMT references all the way back to MT1?

that doesn't mean shit, references to iconography are like the main draw of mobile gachas

What about that other game re fantasy or some shit.

I want to believe we'll hear more about that, SMTV, and the next EO after P5R is out. Maybe Atlus will give it the spotlight or maybe they'll focus on P5S and we'll have to wait for that to come out.

>they are very clearly burying all traces of pre-P3 era of atlus.
I dunno man, you can't just throw a bone to the franchise on its anniversary, only to pretty much completely abandon it.
Plus it also seems retarded to do that when they're just going to port those games for a cheap buck or that they got a new game in the series in dev. Though Kaneko's copyright being removed + the shit with fullbody is making me worried though

i still don't get why they can't contrive some way for P1/P2 to show up in a Persona Arena game. They're fine with time traveling to let Minato and SEES hang out with the Investigation Team

What's scramble?

persona 5 musou

It takes time to create true gaming Kino

Can you play as 123?

Optimism in me thinks it's a respect thing.
The writer for P1&2 doesn't work on the games anymore, they don't want to portray his characters out of respect for him.

>i still don't get why they can't contrive some way for P1/P2 to show up in a Persona Arena game.
I just remember Hashino saying that he didn't want to fuck with the stuff from the first two games out of respect or something like that, hence why his titles were more distanced. But I think that's just with plot elements or characters.
I guess anyone else who worked in P studio took that to heart with every damn spinoff then. Seems stupid for spinoffs like arena, I can agree

i remember when people were so convinced that the spooky voice in P4 Arena was Nyarly

and the real answer was so much dumber

I can't comment on the Catherine situation, which is definitely concerning. TMS is a Nintendo IP though so they might be footing the bill for some of the development costs, especially since it would be in line with their history of porting the few Wii u games worth owning to the Switch. It's also not a complete remake so even if they aren't I doubt it's eating up a significant chunk of Atlus's resources. The silence on SMT V could be the result of the game's early announcement or development issues (It was even mentioned in an interview that they were taking longer due to the team's inexperience with the Switch's hardware). Not to mention that we still know literally nothing about that fantasy game or that new EO project, the former of which was announced long before V so it's not like the game is an outlier in that regard.

UE4 makes for AWFUL Switch ports, so it's no surprise Atlus is having development trouble. They're probably having to rewrite most of the renderer just to use the materials they used for P5's demons.

>why did they remove smt songs from persona
Biggest note of concern here
>why would they re-release TMS of all things with even more FE emphasis,
Why not? make more money with a rerelease that was backed by idol money, we got several of similar ports for portables for the last decade, and the latest was in 2017.
If anything I'm more concerned on why they don't do the same with P4G. Seems stupid.
>but refuse to acknowledge or mention SMT5 ever again?
Either dev hell or they announced it too early to start promoting it. It's annoying but I'm not losing hope until we go through 2020 with zero news/trailers

>why they don't do the same with P4G
I really hope the rumor that Sony funds the Persona games is true (despite no proof)
Because otherwise Atlus is maliciously stupid with it's game exclusivity.

>I really hope the rumor that Sony funds the Persona games is true (despite no proof)
if that was the case, then a Vita to PS4 port of the game would make 100% sense, especially now that P5's out and did well.

>Atlus is stupid
that's it

That's undoubtedly the case, NuAtlus is run by a bunch of complete retards, like just look at how many updated ports SMT I and II received, but nowadays they are too fucking dumb to try and port Golden to anything that isn't a dead portable.

>edgy half demon protag
>released on the PS2
>implying Yea Forums wasn't babby edgelords then
it's_all_so_tiresome.png

It might be that there are vita only features a ps4 port would have to cut but that's a wild guess to be hoenst

P4G had network features where you could call on a random party online, as well as see what everyone else did on certain days.
It's not much, but it might be so coupled in the code that Atlus doesn't want to work on porting it over.

I assume it's just credit because the animation still used some of his designs

Well, can't believe SMT is unironically getting erased and it wasn't just a meme

It's fully made by SEGA, ATLUS has nothing to do wi

White wins again!

We can finally rest

Attached: 1423901279576.png (1248x727, 209K)