Why does Yea Forums hate Steam?

>Why does Yea Forums hate Steam?

What an interesting question, thanks for asking, my dear shitposter!

Let's go over it:

> Aggresively inserting steamworks as pc standard that prevent selling game using it on another storefronts killing any hopes of natural competition in pc gaming sphere.
> Killing physical copies with the help of big publishers. Making us even worse than consolefags in terms of game copies possession
>has constant security breaches, if you register an account with them then your data is NOT safe
>Refuse to fix their security issues forcing white hats to go public about them
>has been proven to literally spy on your entire PC to find information on your gaming preferences
>Tried to monetize mods
>Invented lootboxes
>Shareholders are not public. We don't know who owns 49% of valve so it's pretty clear they have something to hide
>They put 30% tax on the entire pc gaming industry while providing nothing of a value in return.
>Forced developers to make their own game launchers dividing pc gaming.
>Constant lies about HF 3
>Completly ignoring communities of any of their game that is not dota 2
>Love to cater to chineese at every ocasion
>bans people for buying too many games withouth using shopping cart
>Invented pc exclusivity deals with darwina
There's more, but if this isn't enough to at least raise an eyebrow for you then i don't know what to tell you.

Attached: Steamstorefail.png (1200x800, 231K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ETXQUkp-VOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tl;dr "because it's popular"

You're not fooling anyone, Tim.

What's amusing is, all the zoomers crying about Epic have no frame of reference prior to 2010, as they all were in kindergarten at the time. I wonder how many of them know that Counter-Strike, Dota, Portal, L4D, and Team Fortress were all third-party IPs that Valve moneyhatted and made Steam exclusives with the implicit objective of locking people into their launcher; similar to what they did with Half-Life 2, which ironically was the last time Valve created an in-house IP.
Valve's entire business model (up until they pivoted to the loot box business model) was to snap up as many exclusives as possible and lock people into their platform. This is a fact.

Get assraped Swiney man, we all know Steamworks is fully optional and Steam happily sells games with no DRM at all.

IT wasnt optional for 4 years. In that time valve killed every other storefront

>>Invented lootboxes
you are fucking retarded
>They put 30% tax on the entire pc gaming industry while providing nothing of a value in return.
15% less then stores they provide servers retard
>Constant lies about HF 3
dude kill yourself
>Completly ignoring communities of any of their game that is not dota 2
lies again
>bans people for buying too many games withouth using shopping cart
lie
>Forced developers to make their own game launchers dividing pc gaming.
lie and retarded
> Killing physical copies with the help of big publishers. Making us even worse than consolefags in terms of game copies possession console sells less hard copies
>has constant security breaches, if you register an account with them then your data is NOT safe
lie
>Tried to monetize mods
it was a donation button you stupid fuck

Im done with you stupid subhuman nigger the rest is more lies kill yourself with a rake
walk into traffic
subhuman

>ALL OF THESE FACTS ARE LIES

One 0,01$ steam card has has been added to your account for your participation in our steam shilling program. Thank you for your involvement, remember no steam no buy

>Invented lootboxes
>you are fucking retarded
Man store crates you fucking retard

Forgive him, he's like 14. How can he know?

>nothing of value
Those devs who got on steam and then proceeded to actually sell millions would say otherwise, shitposter

Oh I know but its fun making 14 year olds look stupid. It's just so easy

not one trues you subhuman nigerr chink i won
FIFA called its calling all SJW nigger lying chinks to defend spywere
you are without basic human right or value bug
i won

You won a participation trophy. Good job bud.

It is out
youtu.be/ETXQUkp-VOg

fuck off cunt

no i won against a lying nigger who does not know FIFA made lootboxes
then projects like the 14 year old you are

>nou!
You must be black

The fact of the matter is that gamers hated steam when it first came out. They pirated en masse.
Steam was the first to actually challenge the piracy problem head-on, instead of using DRM adn the like. Steam made it so fucking easy to build libraries and get benefits like mods and community support that people preferred steam to piracy
People weren't forced to use steam, they migrated to steam willingly/ Why cant you chinks get this simple point?

there was no (no u) statement you lost kid now get lost

Fifa addes lootboxes after TF 2 did but hey, at least you tried. Too bad you failed

Who cares.I have all my important games on steam, not switching.

lol make me faggot

>Why does Yea Forums hate Steam?
Yea Forums doesn't hate Steam.

>What is steam DRM

Your next post is
>It wasn't mandatory!!
It was, for years

Some of us do

lying wont save you
no only 14 year old projecting chinks niggers do

You missed the very first sentence in my post
>They pirated en masse
What now, chink?

ITT: Things that Valve has nothing to do with it.

>one dog was added to your epic chink account

>he shills epic for free

It's irrelevant, because piracy is only growing. Steam never solved that issue, they just manage to monetize on those who choose not to pirate.
I just had a hard laugh at that
>Steam was the first to actually challenge the piracy problem head-on, instead of using DRM adn the like

fuck off, shill

Attached: 1565205929148.png (813x735, 249K)

>not one trues you subhuman nigerr chink i won

Board is filled with paid steam shills, i don't care about them spamming their lies. People with brain use only GoG and torrents.

I don't hate Steam as a platform I am just getting sick of Valve's shit
its been 2 goddamn years and TF2 has not received a single major content patch, further more valve has yet to produce a game with any redeeming qualities over the past 8 years.
Its sad too see Valve kneel over to the chink market with constant Dota2 updates and this shitty card game/autochess bullshit.

Attached: crit.jpg (718x960, 93K)

>Steam never solved that issue
>implying piracy is an issue
>implying piracy can ever be stopped
I guess it's a good thing that stupidity of this level is unique to chinks

>Give valid criticisms of Steam, a billion dollar company
>Teenage fanboys come out to defend their faceless giant international company (???)
>"hurr durr chink tianenmen square"
Try using facts and logic to back up your claims, children.

>valid criticisms
>thinking "they put 30% tax on the entire pc gaming industry while providing nothing of a value in return" is actually a valid criticism
Wow chinks are absolutely furious at Valve for the new UI update

Stay seethe, Winnie the Pooh.

Again with the 14 year old crap damn man you got issues

So this is what people call "getting btfo", take your meds

Yea Forums does not hate steam, though.
you should have put less effort into mindlessly parroting a thread that hurt your feelings.

why would you buy games anyways?

>it's another episode of Yea Forums hates thing
color me surprised

>cares about anything that happens to DOTA 2 community

Thanks for the good laugh

Daily reminder, this "I won" subhuman is literally the biggest steam drone on Yea Forums, the suicidal neet is monitoring this board, floods it with steam drone bullshit, gets btfo everytime but repeats his lies like a mentally ill drone. You can easily recognize his post style. The best response to this kind of illness is to tell him
>Take your meds steamie
That's it

Attached: gegp4t1hvcqy.jpg (3264x2448, 762K)

The amount of made up shit in this post is pretty impressive. If you even believe half of this shit you are most likely underage and/or a console war fanboy. Either way you are obviously fucking retarded.

The only people supporting steam with their lifes are underage fags(because they are not aware of the shit valve did to pc gaming) or console converts that are used to have evergame in one catalogue, and paid shills obiviously. So which one are you?

Physical copies were inevitably going to die as games got bigger.
I remember the late 00's and early 10's, when I had to get 3CDs just for one fucking game in huge clunky boxes, fuck that.

Fuck off, go back to your chinese boot camp epic drone.

I just want to play games without a million fucking invasive launchers on my PC. Doesn't change the fact that OPs post is just full of made up bullshit.
If you and other EGS faggots really wanted to promote competition, you would want games on all platforms, not exclusivity but you don't understand that because you are underage or mentally inept, odds are it's both and you are a helpless case. Now fuck off.

I think that he is actually paid to do this.

This is just Epic's M.O. they just take memes or anything written involving themselves or valve, swap the positions and then repost them.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1106x772, 127K)

Hey, i'm criticizing steam for what they did to pc gaming landscape. If you want to sperg out go somewhere else

>INT. Epic Games board room meeting
>Tim Sweenet sits at a desk, staring wall-eyed behind thick glasses
>several shadowy figures are seated at the large table, a Chinese translator is standing behind some to communicate with the rest of his retinue from China
>Tim: (nasal voice) People. We need memes. We need memes but we don't know what to do.
>Shadowy Figure 1: (raises hand) Uh, master?
>Tim: Yes, Shittington?
>Shittington: (sips his cup of Tim jizz and clears throat) There are many memes against us. Uh... I think we should just rebrand those.
>Tim: I don't follow. Memes *against* us?
>Shittington: Yes. Memes involving our Chinese ownership and... (translator is heard babbling in the background) memes involving the screwing of the consumer.
>Tim: (stares wall-eyed and confused)
>Shadowy Figure 2: Sir, what Shittington is referring to is these... (slides printed out memes onto the table)
>Tim: (examines the memes) These look great, Fagface!
>Fagface: They're not, sire. They're all slights.
>Shittington: M'lord... I suggest that we just put Gabe Newell's face on all these. In fact, every meme involving Valve and Steam, we'll just... flip the script in an innitiative I call "Flip The Script"... and plaster your face over Gabe's and vice versa!
>Tim: And you will be making the jpegs?
>Dorkington: No, sir, Aids Lard will be doing that. He will be posting them as well.
>Aids Lard: (raises limp wrist from the corner) Yo.
>Tim: Very well... carry out operation Flip The Script!
>*everyone starts to gather their things to leave*
>Tim: WAIT. WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?!
>*tim removes his pants and presents his anus to the board room, as do the Tencent representatives*
>Tim: You're forgetting to chew the crust off! DO it slow this time!
>Shadowy figures: Yes, master! Consume shit scrapings to please master!

Attached: 1559320053800.jpg (843x936, 62K)

>They are stealing my memes
It's time to go back newfaggot :)

Hello Tianmen Square

So this is the power of copypasta written by r/fuckepic redditors? Cringe, go back

>Aggresively inserting steamworks as pc standard that prevent selling game using it on another storefronts killing any hopes of natural competition in pc gaming sphere.
Wrong, Chang. I know you're an ESL and English isn't your strong suit, but the new binding Steamworks rules prevent you from creating a store page on Steam and then selling the game on other stores for months on end while not actually releasing the game on Steam. This borders on fraudulent and is incredibly manipulative as it uses Steam's large foothold as free advertising for other stores, namely EGS.

And here's the second part of the act right on cue... where the shills pretend to be "totally 4channers" and claim only redditors hate epic. Same shit, every time.

Attached: 1560555108250.jpg (1030x856, 139K)

It looks like you're quite literally too young to understand what i was talking about. And it has nothing to do with license agreement. But be my guest

>Brad Wardell commented on Steamworks in the 2009 Stardock Customer Report, saying "Once a game requires Steamworks, it is effectively cut off from us, which limits our content." These words, however, are like honey compared to those of Direct2Drive. When Direct2Drive decided not to carry the blockbuster Modern Warfare 2, Gamasutra asked the company for comment. In reply, Direct2Drive stated, "We don't believe games should force the user to install a Trojan Horse."

Oh yeah, that was back when valve was making video games. Not just leeching pc gaming revenue

Take your meds steamie

Is that not the standard position on everything?