Are these the two most damaging companies in vidya history?

Are these the two most damaging companies in vidya history?

Attached: blizzard valve.png (273x184, 5K)

Without question, yes.

Yes, they’ve really hurt PC gaming

>how to out yourself as a zoomer

Nigger I've been playing since the SNES, thanks to them online and digital distribution took over.

meant for

No, now fuck off

Blizzard is dead but valve is still marching on. Even if they don't make games you're interested in.

No.

EA exists. They literally buy good companies and kill them.

all blizzard did was fuck its own ips
you can't even consider bnet launcher an equivalent to steam that's more activision forcing things unnecessarily
valve encourages modding

valve is fine retard

Blizzard is on a tyrade to ruin their IPs and run their games through the mud.
Valve is just lazy and doesn't make games anymore because they don't have to.

T. Fanboys that don’t care that digital distribution is an attack on consumer rights.

>stating facts makes you a fanboy
C-
If you want to put blame on digital distribution gamestop sure didn't help either faggot

digital distribution was always going to happen. be happy that valve hit it big and not some worse company

>gamestop is the cause of all problems
It’s not the only place to buy physical games

this

>defending digital distribution
zoomers

>being a blizzdrone
lol
blizzard north ran away in 2004
you have no excuse

wow you should really work on that reading comprehension buddy

>bring back the physical media shitposts from 2013
kill yourself

gamestop wasn't really a problem till recently in the early to mid 2010s, a big reason digital took off too was third worlders buying pcs and not getting physical games

zoomer

>ITT people don't want physical games
>ITT people don't want to own things
How did Yea Forums become so badly brainwashed by big corporations?

Why does Yea Forums hate Steam?

What an interesting question, thanks for asking, my dear shitposter!

Let's go over it:

> Aggresively inserting steamworks as pc standard that prevent selling game using it on another storefronts killing any hopes of natural competition in pc gaming sphere.
> Killing physical copies with the help of big publishers. Making us even worse than consolefags in terms of game copies possession
>has constant security breaches, if you register an account with them then your data is NOT safe
>Refuse to fix their security issues forcing white hats to go public about them
>has been proven to literally spy on your entire PC to find information on your gaming preferences
>Tried to monetize mods
>Invented lootboxes
>Shareholders are not public. We don't know who owns 49% of valve so it's pretty clear they have something to hide
>They put 30% tax on the entire pc gaming industry while providing nothing of a value in return.
>Forced developers to make their own game launchers dividing pc gaming.
>Constant lies about HF 3
>Completly ignoring communities of any of their game that is not dota 2
>Love to cater to chineese at every ocasion
>bans people for buying too many games withouth using shopping cart
>Invented pc exclusivity deals with darwina
There's more, but if this isn't enough to at least raise an eyebrow for you then i don't know what to tell you.

I would say their constant push to sell pre-owned games did not help matters.

Pre owned was fine when they charged a lot less for them. An indie game shop near me charges $43 for the newest games used.

it didn't take long for them to have such huge markups though. That coupled with the 50 questions at checkout easily turned people off from ever entering again.

I lost more games to shitty CDs than I ever did to "loss of consumer rights"

so what?

The whole circle of life management style adopted in the mid 2010s was so damaging to them.

Buddy, no one liked physical media shitposts even in 2013. This board is filled with horrible bait and lazy, weak and contrarian opinions that no one holds seriously, so why in all the hells do you want to dig up this fossilzed turd?

>They put 30% tax on the entire pc gaming industry while providing nothing of a value in return.

>*sips*
>the CD, now that was a good distribution platform

Attached: better.jpg (814x809, 250K)

>he doesn't like physical media
cuck

Wait, we're brainwashed by corporations because we're NOT obsessed with owning products?

No,i can name a few that are worse.King,Zynga,EA,Activision,Ubisoft,Konami,Telltale et caterva.

>day 1 update installing...
>Error: copy damaged. Download aborted. Please purchase game again.

you outed yourself as a consolefag
well done

If Valve is so bad then why did they buy modding teams and acquire their games and sell said games on physical discs?

because Yea Forums is full of contrarians who have interpreted their loss of interest in a hobby as a sign that the hobby is now shit, and therefore blame everything bad on whatever is popular in that hobby

Blizzard definitely is, they ruined every single genre they touched by being the normiest friendly shit.

Does physical on PC work differently?

Valve litterally saved PC gaming.

How quickly Yea Forums forgets when there's a year between Skyrim releases.

Attached: top__id1520610716_343178.jpg (1012x383, 37K)

Doesn't matter. GOG will save us! You'll see!

Blizzard isn't even really to blame for what happened to their shit, Activision has overtaken them for years.