The Golden Age of WoW

The Golden Age of WoW

Attached: wow golden age.jpg (2400x1132, 967K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ioQWkWj5_ss?t=892
youtube.com/watch?v=9eg3N3TayP8
youtu.be/NB0f6FyCwic
youtube.com/watch?v=PMU_sacP-LM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>gearscore era
>good

oops forgot to crop the image.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1597x1132, 318K)

1.0-2.3 golden era, everything past that is TRASH despite some parts being decent.

Yes, and it has passed now. So fuck off and find a new game.

Wrath was the indisputable high point of WoW.

Golden era ended with dungeon finder and cancerscore

>wow
>golden age
wow only had a popularity boom age thad did last from vanilla to wrath, otherwise there wasn't anything incredible

It was the beginning of the end.

I miss playing DK

Retail faggots need to stop. WoW classic isn't going to die, trying to fool Blizzard into killing it by re-releasing the same mistakes that killed it the first time isn't going to work.

Face facts, your shitty fanboyism destroyed the genre entirely. The only thing true MMO fans have is WoW classic, let us have that. Go back to your ghost town retail servers.

it was great up until toc, unfortunately a lot of the things that ruined modern wow began in wotlk

Just replace BC and LK with the actual peak of WoW

Attached: world-of-warcraft-expansions-packs.jpg (268x380, 56K)

Furry detected, opinion discarded

>le TBC and WotLK killed WoW meme

Attached: 1561729639743.jpg (1024x342, 39K)

mop = wotlk > legion > cata > bfa > bc > wod > vanilla

>still using the furry boogeyman in 2019

They did. What you aren't seeing is that the game was invaded by the lowest common denominator, the only people capable of appreciating the no-clipping through the world and enemy players and hallway dungeons of TBC, and the braindead dungeons and welfare catchup gear of WotLK
dial 8

>WoWfags calling themselves true MMO fans
now THIS is peak comedy

Second post best post

Fuck Wrathniggers

No, Lich King was where all the problems started to flood in.

replace vanilla with bfa and you are spot on

>Wrath

Golden area of LFD and gearscore perhaps.

>calling it a furry boogeyman
Yeah, they're a furfag alright. Go back to your pandaren and worgen ERPing in retail, subhuman

Go back to your furry tauren erp you classic boomer

Are you pretending that didn't happen in classic and BC?

Of course he is, he just doesn’t want to admit that MoP was one of the better expansions because Muh pandas

>implying I'm a hordie faggot who would ever play on the faction with animal people given a choice
For the alliance, bitch. Keep pretending you like objectively shit expansions because you want to yiff pandas

>pandaren and worgen ERPing
>classic and BC
Get this zoomer out of here

>He says when alliance has furry wolves

seethe

Attached: gdsf.jpg (1920x1080, 411K)

Litch king was so fucking bad at launch that it caused me to drop the game. I don't know how anyone can remember it fondly. It was BC but worse in every way.

>retail
Lmao

The Alliance had the biggest group of degenerated roleplayers. All the people playing Night elves were furries.
Retard.

Right sorry.
>Night elves and their furry transformations

wotlk > bc > cata > vanilla >>>>>>>>>>>>> mop > wod > legion > bfa

Which is why it was the first xpac to feature a massive plummet in subs.

>downright admitting it
Wew laddie
>e-elves, the purple tall human race, are furry bros. The literal furry cow people a-aren't
Uh huh

BC > cata > vanilla >>>>> wotlk

stopped playing after cata

Replace cata with mop and you’re correct

That’s not WoD though

See WotLK's sub report? See how there's huge near year-long gaps between them? That's because, just like during WoD, Blizzard announced that they'd no longer report subs, because they were fucking tanking for the first time in the history of the game.

WotLK is fucking dogshit.

Yep, you never played wow. Go back to your private server.

>golden era
>before WoW add-ons ruined everything
Whodathought?

Gonna source your claims or do you want me to start laughing now

Obviously. Because WoD wasn't the first.

Attached: GG1919191.jpg (590x523, 20K)

What killed WoW was Actiblizzion's commitment to a paid subscription service plus $60 yearly "expansions" of horrendously shitty content bundled with QoL improvements.

TBC and WoTLK were the first steps on this disaster of a business model. Classic has managed to bring some of the original audience who actually like MMO's back to playing the "biggest MMO of all time".

Fucking retail faggots need to go back to their shitty overpriced casualized mess of a game and leave the regular MMO fans alone. You think you know what players want, you don't.

I miss Shaman being able to configure different totem loadouts and drop all four simultaneously. I hope they never bring that back in retail because it will trick me into buying the latest expansion.

>oh shit, he called me out as being objectively wrong
>g-go back to private servers! Ha! that'll show him!
Imagine being so dumb you think elves are furry

The golden age of Warcraft

Attached: 1568827586989.jpg (600x418, 85K)

elffag cope. Elves have always been more furry than tauren

>welfare legendaries

Vanilla >WotLK hype era and launch > BC >> Cata >>>>ToC Lich

The only massive drop I see on the chart posted above was right before and right after WoD. Wrath kept a steady sub count

>nonono all those elves with horsecocks arent furry what are you talking about
>look just because I erp in cat form doesnt make me a furry

This, Nothing else even comes close. Frozen Throne boxart is PEAK soul

Nowhere in my post did I mention Legiom

The one saving grace of those gearscore days was that you could call people retards for using such a stupid fucking addon. Why Blizzard decided to incorporate it instead of ban such an addon I'll never know...

>tauren projection: the post

Go back

because blizzard hired the same morons who ruined EQ to ruin WoW.

cope harder furry then blow your brains out

It’s to be speculated that activision played a part in that

>be me
>play WoW up through TBC
>was never very good
>keyboard turner, clicker, never used big stupid UI mods, etc.
>friends all made fun of me
>stopped playing and moved on with life
>today: successful career, beautiful wife, big house, etc.
>only have time for light gaming
>my "bros" from the old WoW days are now all fat loser Trump supporters who are currently "Home™" in WoW Classic trying to relive their "glory days"

Ever since I entered my mid 30's, the payoffs in pure uncut schadenfreude have been immense :^)

*ganks someone 30 levels lower*
*auto-attacks Ragnaros*
back to retail casuals

>Classic has managed to bring some of the original audience who actually like MMO's back to playing the "biggest MMO of all time".
If that’s the hill you choose to die on I won’t stop you

The actual problem with Pandas barring the horrible designs that people fail to mention is the fact they are some neutral meme race instead of centered around one faction, and instead of having true neutrality they had to choose to ally with the alliance or horde instead which I found pretty lame, and an unfortunate part of their shit design on top of wasted potential of having a true neutral race. Barring those nitpicks Lich King suffered from a similar half cocked idea, originally blizzard was going to have you "transform" one of your older more powerful characters into a death knight and honestly a questline with that shit going on would have been fucking bad ass, the power and level still would have been very nice earned things but instead we just got a "lets start this class at 55 but make it so you dont need to sacrifice much of anything to get a level 55 character"

oops forgot to crop the image

Attached: ß4569450ß694ß.jpg (798x1132, 251K)

Whoops forgot to crop the image

i agree with this. pandaland and cataclysm had some good points too. everything after it was dull as hell

The final redpill is that WoW's decline had nothing to do with gameplay changes. It was because they ran out of WC3 lore after WotLK, and the hardcore fans lost interest as a result. The casuals may not have cared about the lore, but they still felt the loss of energy from the hardcores, and thus also lost interest.

>It was because they ran out of WC3 lore after WotLK
Absolutely this. Once Arthas died everyone stopped giving a fuck

What would be the point of sacrificing a mage to become a death knight? It makes no sense

I was a pretty hardcore player but didn't give a rats ass about the lore. I gave up because everything became theme park. LFG, gear score, everything was soloable, homogonized classes/abilities, daily quests were incredibly monotonous, heroics were made too easy, everything in general was casualized.

>Why Blizzard decided to incorporate it instead of ban such an addon I'll never know...
Because then they could lock you out of content for being undergeared instead of letting you make people suffer in group shit.

Oh yeah, sure am glad Blizz went ahead and gated Dungeons, LFR, and Scenarios by ilvl. Really made a big impact, by which I mean all it did was make it take longer to get the hell out of WoD content and for LFR to be slightly less retarded than it already was. Other than that it's basically an official version of gearscore that retards use to gate shit without Blizz having to do anything.

Alliance normie feels

Attached: 1568616279699.jpg (3046x1093, 254K)

How the fuck is any of that inherent to elves? That's the work of the faggots that play them

How does it feel not even being able to find a group in LFR?

Attached: 1566574520508.jpg (1024x833, 80K)

WoW renaissance

No, it's just a meme. Blizzard was already ruled by assholes before Activision. The same assholes who hired Kaplan and fired half of the vanilla team.

No one cared about the lore, and if they did, then they must had shit taste because WoW completely shits on Wc3 lore.
>DUDE I KILLED ILLIDAN
>DUDE I KILLED ARTHAS
>DUDE WOT IF TAUREN DRUID

Nice "lore" here.

>He can't ERP with Tauren

Attached: 1564698325226.jpg (575x503, 67K)

wow was damaged goods for all time after they added blood elves and draenei in classic. every bad descion that would go on to ruin the game sprung from the this

mop was ok actually except pandas werent that great and that fucking orc shitter

>DUDE WOT IF TAUREN DRUID
Not too much of a stretch, though. There were already spirit walkers

>*ganks someone 30 levels lower*
do you not have friends? or at least people who want to help you out?

Pandaren in general isn't a bad race, however I felt making them cute isn't the best direction for them considering how Samwise made them look cooler in his illustrations and how it's his pet race to begin with.

Item level was known about since Vanilla. The formulas from reverse engineering item level and the value of stats on gear were public. The only way to not have item level be a thing would be for gear to not have concrete stats.

the wc2 death knights were ex mages/warlocks, you would know this if you actually were into the franchise when wrath came out instead of a trend chaser

Yes too much of a stretch here. They admitted that they don't care about the lore and people laughed at it.
youtu.be/ioQWkWj5_ss?t=892
See 15:00

99% of WoW popularity came from its gameplay and the addiction. You must be a serious autist to enjoy WoW lore.

Horde races
>black people
>island black people
>red people
>evil white people

wow awesome, way different than the alliance races of
>white people
>anglos
>anglos
>yellow people

don't pretend wow races are anything besides furfag skin wrapped around almost racist sterotyped versions of real life cultures just because you can't be nationalistic in real life anymore so you need to be about your fake and gay red vs blue shit that blizzard stopped caring about in TBC

>don't pretend wow races are anything besides furfag skin wrapped around almost racist sterotyped versions of real life cultures just because you can't be nationalistic in real life anymore so you need to be about your fake and gay red vs blue shit that blizzard stopped caring about in TBC
This so much. There's nothing more cringe than WoW player and their faction meme.

I guess that you're right

>Lack of proper childhood socialization the post
Imagine being this negative about something as benign as finding enjoyment and humor in vidya.

Attached: 1562872876882.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

>Lack of proper childhood socialization
You mean like caring about fictional nationalism?

youtube.com/watch?v=9eg3N3TayP8

pictured, the kind of spergs that buy into this FUR THE HORDE mind poison

Huh? Your horribly negative mindset is oozing from your posts. I know a lot of people like you, and they're miserable.

Attached: 1568133953123.jpg (500x500, 38K)

WoW was never good and practically ruined MMOs

Exactly, it was the peak.

Vanilla > Wrath > TBC

the golden age of WoW

Attached: World_of_Warcraft_Mists_of_Pandaria_Cover_Art.jpg (1588x2248, 971K)

Epic assumption bro. And what of the rogues or priests? Would they retain how to backstab people or heal with holy magic?

I loved Cataclysm above all because I could roll a DK tank and not be forced into the OT spot. DKs were the kings of tanking in Cata.

2bh i honestly think no matter what direction the game went, after cata launch, subs would have fallen regardless. by then wow had been the "it" game for long enough that people were searching for something new. it had its time in the sun, it couldn't have gone on forever.

Mages were in no way related to Death Knights at any point in Warcraft's history. Gen 1 DKs were the souls of orc warlocks placed into human knights' bodies. Gen 2 were corrupted Paladins. Gen 3 are the player DKs.

>Awful leveling
>Mediocre raid bosses
>Worthless and unbalanced specs left and right
>"B-but the community!"

I will never understand vanillafags

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

>>black people
>>island black people
orcs are based off of a mix of germanic barbarian warriors and the mongols. did not even read the rest of your post but i'm sure it's awful

Inb4 he says he was only pretending to be retarded.

the golden age was the era before flying mounts, gearscore and daily quests

oops sorry, wrong one

Attached: 1568822721696.jpg (1598x1132, 677K)

as it should be
vanilla is the only good version of wow because it at least pretended to be an rpg

BC>Wrath>Vanilla>MoP>Legion>Cata>WoD>BFA

This is the objectively correct tier list. Any other lists is objectively wrong and created by niggers

Perfection
No matter what you’d have min maxing retards

>yeah bro wrath was peak wow
people who say this joined late TBC or in wrath
stop

Attached: 1561102133989.jpg (540x540, 90K)

WOD is the worst for sure. BFA isn't over yet and while it's certainly bad i am hesitant to put it under WOD yet.

I liked heroics a lot at the time but in hindsight I realise they were a mistake.

>But it’s not over yet!
user please

true but by appealing to esports fags and other competitive shitters you are basically forcing the population to minmax

Did I miss something? Is WoW and esport now?

Attached: D3CF4E62-ACDC-47FF-BBA6-7C274338BF8D.png (505x431, 205K)

i stopped playing BFA after 8.1 and im willing to admit it might get better. But the game was no longer worth playing at that point and honestly i shouldnt have to wait till the end of an expansion for it to be good

what are you talking about, wotlk was awful

>Arena's
>good

Awful good

damn nigga you must have been living under one heavy rock
blizzard wasted millions trying to promote wow as an esports

Attached: 1515245584536.gif (500x373, 46K)

>What you aren't seeing is that the game was invaded by the lowest common denominator
You're retarded. WoW was always a casual as fuck MMO for people who were too stupid for Everquest, let alone Ultima Online. It literally started out as the lowest common denominator MMO, which is why it was so popular.

I mean unless your talking about arenas, I knew about that. I thought there was something even more retarded like championship level grinding

Wrath was trash, so was tbc!

It’s amazing how much lower the lowest common denominator would fall

they have these retarded events where they speedrun dungeons. Also mythic raids world firsts. I think they even streamed these on ESPN

>they have these retarded events where they speedrun dungeons.
Holy fuck I remember that. I was at the midnight release for MoP and they brought in 2 top guilds to race each other. They all threw mega bloks toys into the crowd along with some “gaming mousepads
>MoP was released almost 7 years ago

Attached: 2A7775D1-183C-48C2-B08E-DD6EBEC6AF46.jpg (700x700, 363K)

Wrathbabs get the rope

Gotta find one large enough fuckboy

>Holy fuck I remember that. I was at the midnight release for MoP and they brought in 2 top guilds to race each other. They all threw mega bloks toys into the crowd along with some “gaming mousepads
its much worse now friend. Since legion they introduced what is basically diablo 3 greater rifts into wow with its random mob modifiers and cancerous shit like that. And to progress to a higher difficulty you have to beat a timer. The elitism got so high wowfags are now using third party chinese social credit score system to gate each other from doing basic content. I spit on retailfags

Attached: 1529050449247.png (900x758, 141K)

>The elitism got so high wowfags are now using third party chinese social credit score system to gate each other from doing basic content.
They’ve kinda been doing that since that stupid Gearscore addon became popular. Even my own casual raiding guild got sucked up into that mess.

wow was the true normie game of it's time. now it's considered "old school", like a hidden gem in gaming, even though it's the same normies playing it again.
there were many better mmorpgs with better themes, better worlds, better ideas. wow was just that safe game that did nothing really wrong, but also nothing special.

All games ever are "normie games", faggot. The one possible exception is Dwarf Fortress and even that's pushing it.

well they are doing it on top of gearscore. Imagine having to grind imaginary points on a third party website just to participate in games content

Thats when I noped out. It was hard enough getting rejected for something because I hadnt done enough daily grinding to be overgeared for everything but trying to pug that shit for a decent enough rating to get into a dedicated group of people you dont already know is horseshit

nope. you are false. in 2005 wow was literally the most popular mmorpg. and it was just because it was so polished and did nothing wrong. other mmorpgs were more experimental. they tried different settings, different styles, different classes, different special features like castle wars or trade conflict.
but what did wow? yaawn. orcs, humans, dwarfs. same old medieval fantasy lore shit as always. it's the typical western normie fantasy theme. it appealed to so many because nothing about it was special by any means.

TBC dungeons are the most fun and challening of all expacs

Why do enemy NPCs just walk around doing nothing waiting for you to attack them in the higher level zones in Classic WoW?

In Redridge they had Orcs that ambushed you, why isn’t there more shit like that? The world just feels so dead in places like Desolace where there is literally a Kodo sandbox and then non-interacting aggressive mobs of wildly varying shapes and sizes just walking around with no purpose

Unironically same, except I started playing retail again in mop and worked my way up the raiding ladder. Ended mop in a guild that barely did heroic 25 garrosh. Ended WoD in a top 800 world guild. Ended legion in a top 500 world guild.

Now raiding in the same guild only putting in 6-9 hours a week in WoW, while my dumbfuck friends who say the game is “too easy” can barely get their shit together for AoTC.

WoW isn’t a hard game by any stretch, but Jesus Christ the people who say the game is too easy are usually LFR babs trying to project.

That’s not only retarded, but fucking dumb.

Legion dungeons were the most difficult and challenging once you got into 18+ keys.

It was the end. Anyone who didn't unsub in WotLK deserves a lobotomy.

I honestly believe that a big reason why retail is dying is because pugging is so hard. That and absolute shit tier class design

Burning Crusade ruined WoW.

None of this is true because if it is you've shown how obviously jealous you age are that your friends aren't shacked up with some nag.

>bigger numbers mean something is better

mcdonalds makes literally the best food ever because they've sold the most hamburgers.

You forgot Warcraft 2.

For the kiiiing!

youtu.be/NB0f6FyCwic

Attached: Screenshot_20190918-164706_Bromite.jpg (1078x716, 580K)

They’re the most successful, and apparently success breeds jealously. So yes. WOTLK was the best expansion

WoW was never good

BFA will always be shittier than WoD because while WoD was a steaming pile of dogshit, it didn't force you to play. BFA forces you to play to stay relevant long after your gear progression curve should be over. WoD class design was also better than BFA, and that's saying a lot.

>this fucking bullshit reasoning again

mcdonalds is the BEST FAST FOOD CHAIN ever which is THEIR BUSINESS because they are THE BIGGEST at WHAT THEY DO. which is FAST FOOD.

you brainless cock mongering aids infested fag

>what is garrisons

I agree unironically. It was a second unpaid job. Fuck MMORPGs in general.

He’s jealous that he didn’t make a billion dollar MMO franchise

>tries to explain that "most successful" isn't always "the best"
>says "it's the best because it's the most successful"
lmao this is your brain on normie games like wow

Hardly. If you consider logging on for less than 2 minutes a day, 15 minutes at best if you run multiple garrisons to make gold, then sure.

It became the most successful because it’s the best. I know this is hard for you to understand

fuck you in every way shape or form

wrath may very well be the best expac but just pointing to their subscriber number doesn't mean anything.
so wendys, burger king, taco bell, chipotle, five guys, panda express are all worse than mcdonalds?
so only the best things become successful?

lol how is wow the best mmorpg? it has nothing special about it. it just works, has very dull lore, has very dull enemies, graphics are horrible childish cartoon graphics. old towns look like they are a nintendo64 game.
it's totally generic. just like mcdonalds. generic and perfect for normies. does nothing special, just gives customers that basics.
>inb4 "but muh mcdonalds is high quality food"

I feel like even though the gameplay dipped with Wotlk, the world was so brilliant and the conflict so brilliant that I can't help but feel love for it.

Everything after was just not good enough.

>but just pointing to their subscriber number doesn't mean anything.
It means volumes when blizzard stopped releasing sub numbers after WoD. Wrath had arguably the best class balance and best spell rotations before cata and MoP made healers unkillable. The raids weren’t impossible, admittedly Naxx was far too easy. Yet it was more than made up for with Ulduar and ICC.

Wrath’s shining ability was that everything basic was doable without an autistic amount of time needing to be spent, and those that wanted challenge got heroic raids added, literally the perfect expansion for everyone mechanics and dungeons wise

>my "bros" from the old WoW days are now all fat loser Trump supporters
You're trying too hard with that line.

how did the gameplay dipped with wotlk?
wotlk had the vanilla talent trees, most amount of impactful and cool abilities, had vanilla class identy intact

>lol how is wow the best mmorpg?
Because everyone can play it however they want to without needing to be an autist.

LFG matchmaking, gearscore, 25 man rewarding better gear than 10 man

it was fine unitl TOC. then things started to head south

There is absolutely nothing wrong with LFG so long as it stays on your server only
>25 man rewarding better gear than 10 man
I sort of see where you’re coming from with this

Always remember Trial of the Crusader and dungeon finder.
Always.
Ulduar was GOAT though.

that's fine you think wrath is the best expac but i am saying that you should have reasons other than "all the other kids are doing it" for thinking it's the best

You people who list BFA as bad are just shitters who cant down the significantly harder mythic bosses, BFA is far above cata and wod in every objective category

I do if you read the second half of my post

>BFA is far above cata and wod in every objective category
Trying to shill retail over classic now huh?

How bad did WoW get? I dropped it during Wrath after they added the second boss to Ulduar and everyone was pretty much in agreement that the game was at it's worst. Abd now ppl are saying it was a high point?

Attached: Team-StarKid-Twisted-villains-400x267.jpg (400x267, 24K)

For me, it's Human 02

youtube.com/watch?v=PMU_sacP-LM

Yeah, amazing how things can get SO bad that what used to be considered bad is now amazing

it has been up and down
cata bad, MOP god tier, wod shit tier, legion good but not great, BFA possibly beyond shit tier

BC > MOP > Vanilla > Wrath > Cata > WoD > Legion > BFA

Attached: 1497226221991.jpg (287x404, 20K)

I fixed it

Attached: 1568822721696.jpg (2400x1132, 746K)

based tier list.

Wheres legion

MoP > Vanilla > BC > WotLK > Everything else is shit!

That's when I started

Attached: 1399628660469.jpg (600x600, 56K)

>speedrunning

nothing in WoW has ever been as good as Cata heroic dungeons were before they were nerfed. face it.

Wrath was peak wow before they started take aways and gutted the talents.

>no MoP
that's going to be a yikes from me

subs only started to drop when cataclysm came out

fuck off, wrathtoddlers will never ever get to experience the true golden age of wow

Attached: 1510694574326.jpg (777x759, 271K)

well they dropped once people were stuck in the shitty gay daily grind of cata in hyjal and the babified heroics. before they made heroics easy and released that daily portal it was pretty cool

Early-mid MoP was literally the best WoW's been since Wrath and I miss it a lot. I'd sub for a month to replay through it but I don't want to have to level them to that point and it wouldn't be the same. The storyline wasn't too bad and the world was amazing to explore, even if it clashed with the rest of Azeroth a lot.

>MoP that high
confirmed nigger