Is RE 0 any good?

Is RE 0 any good?

Attached: images - 2019-09-19T020103.669.jpg (240x240, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jrJig54ptAY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rebecca is in it. That makes it good enough.

It's absolute garbage that only one autistic Rebecca faggot likes and he shills it on Yea Forums all the time.

I liked it despite the tons of backtracking.

Starts off decently, but ends up being a tedious slog by the end.

No. Even though Rebecca is best girl, this game is really, really bad.

If you can come to grips with the character switching and item dropping then yes if you are retarded and try to play it like remake then no

it's better than re4-rev 2 at least

It's not that great but it is fucking good looking in its remastered version. Contrary to REmake, they did find the sourcefiles of this game. They gave Becca a hoe's face though.

Attached: 1561852208314.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Capcom finding the original backgrounds for this piece of shit so they could do a proper remaster but REmake having to contend with the ol' stretch and filter treatment is like a cruel joke

It's ok but sort of lacks that certain balance and some design choices make it hard to get through. It's got that og RE charm but that might not be enough to get you through it.

its like playing a coop game by yourself and you have to constantly switch controllers

>better looking
>completely fucked up the lighting and color pallet

I really liked it, but I seem to be in a minority.

this is a surprisingly accurate description of the gameplay.

I thought it was decent. The boss fights could've been better though. I didn't find the lack of inventory box and item management that burdensome imo. They could've made it a 2 player game if it was possible.

No it's not. Stop forcing this meme. Just because you didn't post a Rebecca reaction doesn't mean your shit opinions can't be spotted from a mile away.

Yes, it's genuinely good. I'd class it as highly underrated, and unfairly maligned. No, it's not as good as REmake, but that's a high watermark anyway. It's still totally solid.

The two-character mechanics work well and allow for a different dynamic and different types of puzzles compared to other classic RE games. It also allows for easier item management, since you can do stuff like have one character holding the shotgun, the other holding the handgun, one carrying key items and the other carrying healing items, etc. Plus I enjoy being able to drop things on the ground instead of always needing to run back to a dedicated item room every time I want to dump something temporarily. Yes, it's unfortunately you don't get hyperdimension boxes, but there are only a handful of times in the game where you actually need to take a minute to transport your items to a new area to use as a "safe room", like after the train crash.

Yes it's not as good as RE HD, but personally i find it easier to replay and billy and rebecca have great chemistry and better costumes than RE HD. Honestly it really is just comfy, the story is pretty shit though.

>Honestly it really is just comfy, the story is pretty shit though.
True, but it was never really in-your-face so I didn't really mind. You also just have to ignore the plot holes that come about when you try to square the circle of rebeccas role in REmake.

It's great, do not listen to the debbie downers. The atmosphere is great, the puzzles are weird, and the game is actually challenging.

Worst mainline RE to date.

All the enemies are lame annoying shit though. Seriously, name a single good enemy in this game (regular zombies don't count).

>no item boxes
>human leeches have fucked hitboxes
>enemies can spawn in rooms you already cleared out for your partner and attack them while you're busy
>fucked up Rebecca's face in the remaster
I do not enjoy it.

Attached: IMG_0378.jpg (2448x3264, 950K)

>Literally saying CVX > 0

I think the leech men are freaky and the eliminators aren't bad

>>/r/gamecollecting

Those are the two worst fucking enemies in the entire game.

No they're not, both are quality enemies

Shut up, Rebecca faggot.

>muh piss green and gray
There's orange lanterns and light sources everywhere on the train you fucking silly goose

Yes.
CV had the best OST in the series
Claire and Chris are still great despite Steve being shit while Rebecca and Billy are shit
No shitty gimmick

He's right.

It could've been. But they mixed metaphysical elements into it. And forgot how to do the Rebecca's story...

It was a different game on N64, she even had her hat, which she probably would lose somewhere...

And then there's the lack of chests and the gameplay wasn't really done right.

There's also the fucking monkeys.

It was supposed to be a much better game, I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=jrJig54ptAY

>nigger doesnt know how light works

>CV had the best OST in the series
Wrong
>Claire and Chris are still great despite Steve being shit
Yep
>Rebecca
No
>and Billy are shit
Yep
>No shitty gimmick
I'd almost call bandersnatches and near all of the bosses gimmicks

The only RE game that you can actively be fucked if you didn't bring a healing item to 2 of the bosses

Personally I can't stand CV because it has the worst atmosphere in the series. They really fucked up IMO by going with real-time rendering instead of pre-rendered backgrounds. Everything feels so sterile and empty as a result. It's really a shame when you consider that CV could've had graphics more or less on par with REmake had they gone with pre-rendered.

Wish we could get the N64 version of RE0's save theme. You can hear it briefly in one of these old gameplay videos.

>Rebecca
>Not shit
Delusional

They wanted CV to show off the hardware of the DC by doing something thatcwasnt possible on the ps1. Why I dont really care for CV, I have more positive things to say about it than 0.

>I have more positive things to say about it than 0.
Because you are blinded by hatred
0 is more well designed and rounded than CVX
Better graphics and gameplay

Backtracking. Be ready for it. Backtracking.

The level design is very good
The visuals are amazing

It's a good RE game but in terms of story it's kind of weak and actively undermines the first game

Attached: Resident Evil 0_20160119013556.png (1920x1080, 2.17M)

>Well designed
0 has the worst enemy spawns in the series

all classic RE games should have some degree of backtracking. Complaining about it is like complaining of backtracking in a metroid game.

Rebecca and Billy are cool, everything else blows.

Theres a different between backtracking because you got a new item and backtracking because an item you used once during the first 5mins of the game is now needed almost an hour later and because the game doesnt have item boxes, you left it on the floor.

No, but play it for yourself and form your own opinion.

Again, I bring up Bandersnatches and Hunters in CVX.

It's the worst RE Classic game. Basically everything about it feels half baked and the item fetching is tedious as hell. And each character only has 6 slots for some stupid reason while they made more items take up 2 slots.

It only serves to make Rebecca worse as a character. The reason for that is, she goes through a ton of horrifying and death defying stuff with Billy, and it's a prequel to Resident Evil 1. So she makes no sense in Resident Evil 1 because she's back to be being a scared sniveling little girl who can't defend herself.

You can easily run past bandersnatches and Hunters only appear 2/3 through the game when playing as Chris. Meanwhile 0 has the monkeys, the leech men, respawning enemies, two types of hunters, one that can instantly kill you if you dont know it's coming, a few scenes where the drop a Hunter right in front of you

That's your fault for having poor item management. Try to drop items in main areas like the main hall of the mansion. There are only a couple times where you should actually move a bunch of stuff from one area to another. IIRC just from the train wreckage to the hall, and from the hall to the final lab.

Most people on their first playthrough aren't gonna bring the Hookshot with them because its takes two slots and the next time you come back later in the game, the place is filled with hunters. It has nothing to do with item management, it's about introducing a key item early in the game then just forgetting about until the end. Even after you did everything with the hookshot, the games doesnt even tell you that you're done with it, so now you're gonna keep it around because you think it might be needed again.

The train part is good.
Rest sucks.

>You can easily run around them.
Typical argument with hindsight.

>B-but you can get away from steve without taking damage you just gotta do the speedrun strat! anyone can do it.

I can do it too.
>Leech men are sooo easy you just gotta use molotovs, you can just run away from them mostly
>There are only a couple of leechmen and monkeys only appear in 1 location
>Can instantly kill you if you don't know it's coming, even though it's obviously telegraphed

Amazing tier
>Resi 1
>Resi 2
>REmake

Great tier
>Resi 3
>RE2make

Good tier
>Resi 4
>Resi 5
>Resi 6
>Resi 7

Okay tier
>Revelations 2

Mediocre tier
>Resi CV
>Resi 0
>Revelations

Absolute shit tier
Your favorite game

Train part is as overrated as village is in RE4

>enemy has one big arm and one little arm
>Its takes a high IQ person to realise that maybe walking on the side that had the little arm is safe
Also
>the only way to avoid getting hit from Steve is to do a speedrun strat
Or you can stagger him with a weapon.

Most if not every leechmen spawns in a narrow corridor or room, so unless you know its coming, its gonna fuck you up.
Hunters spawns in 0 are at its worst in the series with there being a time where the game spawns a hunter right in front of you and gives you no time to react

No god no. It play horribly thanks to the shitty inventory system. The story is stupid and creates plot holes but its Resident Evil. The story was never good.
Also laugh at the uninspired voice acting.

Music is good though.

plays like a REmake mod. it's alright.

Worst in the mainline series. By a wide margin.

>but 6
6 is a fun over the top action game with some flaws
>but 5
Its Resident Evil 4 with another AI that only causes problems on Professional

Play Resi 1 with 4:3 aspect.

Forgetting an item you dropped in 0>softlocking yourself with lack of items in CV

Christ fuck that final area entirely colour me fucking seething

Attached: 106675e41bc68531fcfa81dd960212e71d26a5ff_00.jpg (402x512, 65K)

Hope you brought a healing item

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

What makes CV so annoying to people.
I've beaten it many times with no problem but I've heard so many people complain about either locking themselves up or getting fucked by the plane tyrant.

the graphics are gud and resi style. the story is meh and the leeches are bs.
6.5/10 for a classic biohazard title

>Works for me
>I didn't have problems with it
>Lots of people complaining just haven't played it as much as I have
>I totally """""""didn't""""""" encounter any issues when I first played it.

still miles better than anything nu-re (4 to today) which are all basedboy tier garbage (except maybe revelations which was a-ok)

Fuck off retard

Claire.

Attached: 1568680020875.jpg (1920x1080, 151K)

Nosferatu was a cunt sure, my problem is I always fuck up and never get the machine gun so I have to git gud before hulk Steve. I managed to beat the game finally a few months back, but only because I've restarted it so many times

Outside of getting lost plenty of time, I've never had any problems with getting stuck. >The game gives you so much ammo
>strong knife
>you dont even have to fight most bosses
>The sniper, that drops before the Nosferatu fight, has enough bullets to him
>Even if you skipped over the side quest for Chris, he still has enough shotgun shell to plow through the game.

Alot of the time it was more about not knowing what was going to happen.
I remember I had to restart because the tyrant on the plane just happened out of nowhere and I put my explosive arrows away to save them.

la goblina...

>It's a good RE game but in terms of story it's kind of weak and actively undermines the first game
Exactly. The more I see the N64 version, the more it's obvious to me that the story of this version was much better.

I don't understand what happened with the series with this game and CV... They were both so differently originally storywise.

ReMake
RE2
RE0
RE3
RE4 = RE5
RE6