Golden Sun

Why did Nintendo abandon this franchise? It was one of their biggest GBA titles and their second most popular RPG series, only behind Pokemon.

Attached: EEQE_RrWsAEPLTB.jpg (744x1200, 282K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2019/09/famicom-tantei-club-i-and-ii-remakes-announced-for-switch
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Falling sales and better alternatives, in that order. You don't care about that, though, do you?

Fuck off zoomer

>The original game sold 740,000 copies in the United States[54] and 338,000 in Japan,[55] while The Lost Age sold 437,000 and 249,000 units in the United States and Japan, respectively.[56] By the end of 2012, two years after its release, Dark Dawn only sold 80,000 units in Japan.[57]

This is why

That's more than Xenoblade 1 did and that gets more games

Xenoblade was a prestige project. Nintendo had no intention to even port it, than a vocal group of people clamored for it and Nintendo realized that the series is a good figurehead. One you can put out and say: "SEE?! We got games!" while not investing a lot of time or money into it. Well, at least they realized it by then, because 1 to X had 5 years, but X to 2 had barely any time at all.
Golden Sun wasn't a prestige project, they didn't need it to advertise the NDS.

All I want is a continuation of Dark Dawn, unfortunately I feel if we ever do get some life back into this franchise it will be a remake.

I've only ever beat the first game. I got a quarter of the way through with the second game and ended up not playing it anymore.

nintendo doesn't have to make a diverse library anymore. their fanbase is content with mario rehashes, ports and smash announcement trailers.

Cope furfag

Because it's not Pokemon, XenoBlade, or Fire Emblem. Nintendo cares so little about Golden Sun they can't even be assed to put out a remake.

That’s the 2008 way of thinking, after WiiU though things have gotten better but it’s not Nintendo you need to concern yourself with it’s Camelot. That studio is always playing catch-up with the latest tech and only have like 20 people working there right now.

Reminder that Camelot wants to make Shining Force IV and doesn't give a shit about Golden Sun anymore

So you stopped before getting the boat? Big yikes.

Like ever other user said in this thread, weak sales and Camelot’s waning interest in continuing the series. With the recent JRPG renaissance, a new Golden Sun could do well, but it wasn’t set up for success on the DS and there were too many big name alternatives on the GBA.

Prove me wrong then, boomy zoomy doom bloom.

no, it's the 2019 way of thinking. this board was celebrating the last direct as one of the greatest ever when it only had ports, games we already knew about and a smash character announcement.
nintendo has found out that they can save time, money and effort by just announcing new smash characters instead of making new games. there's a reason why they're milking smash with perpetual dlc now while the switch first-party library is still shit overall.

First-party wise, GS as a one of a kind

I guess because they have the Xenoblade franchise don't get me wrong I like Golden Sun.

>HD collection of GS on Switch
Merge the two games into one (like it was supposed to be since the start) and let me backtrack to the original areas of the game with my 8 adepts party and I'm in
Just joking, I wouldn't even care if it was just two GBA roms on the Switch, I would buy it anyway

Yes, but it’s far from the only old-school JRPG on the market, then or now. These days, a new Golden sun could benefit from it’s legacy status, but back then, it was a new IP competing against Square Enix RPGs and the like.

literally better than Final Fantasy. Fight me.

Attached: fffffffgaem.png (1096x616, 673K)

Retard, they announced a remake of a long forgotten Nintendo IP in the recent direct

That's not going to be Golden Sun. I've lost hope.

You stand correct.

It's better than GS

>xenoblade
>long-forgotten nintendo ip

Attached: 1521726762522.png (1416x1600, 606K)

It's not Xenoblade you dumbass wojak zoomerfaggot

gematsu.com/2019/09/famicom-tantei-club-i-and-ii-remakes-announced-for-switch

yawn, let me know if that ever gets localized. notice how it wasn't shown in the western version of the direct.

>notice how it wasn't shown in the western version of the direct.
Not the first time that happened, Rhythm Heaven Megamix and Dillon's Dead Heatbreakers were shown in Japanese directs first

Xenoblade 1 is not only a cult classic nowadays like Golden Sun, but unlike Golden Sun, Xenoblade 1's poor sales were mostly due to Nintendo putting Xenoblade out on a system that was already on its way to retirement. The 3DS port sold pretty well from what I understand and Xenoblade 2 sold 1.42 million as of June 2018, making it Monolith Soft's best selling game of all time.

I was young and dumb. I remember I got to the point where Isac and his team join yours and that's where I stopped because I got mad because I didn't have the first game anymore so I couldn't transfer over my data.

This but with updated sprites. I would buy 10 copies.

I'd love this, shame it'll never happen.