This is the future you chose

This is the future you chose.

Attached: PC Gaming 2019.png (487x208, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3tI1pu5rfZw
youtube.com/watch?v=VadQiHnhpIw
youtube.com/watch?v=QhZnEagfjTQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good fuck steam

Attached: 1556787984063m.jpg (1024x584, 81K)

All they had to do was either release asagi's game or not promise it in the first place, but all they've done is prove that they can't be trusted. For shame.

Go away, Tim.

missing uTorrent launcher for Epic games

Attached: 1555254563402.png (976x658, 272K)

what games do you need twitch or discord for

>uTorrent
LOOOOOOOL

Wow...A bunch of icons..big fucking deal

>Choice and competition is bad

Attached: 1568761705251.jpg (1080x1788, 371K)

They offer games if you are twitch prime/discord nitto

>you chose
but I'm not using any of these

Why does every company feel the need to create a fully blown launcher for their own individual titles? Couldn't they of just sold digital copies from a browser based service instead? It's less hassle on the consumer, and still allows you to collect the majority of your funds. I'm sure there's plenty of reasons against this kind of business model, but I'm too retarded to see them right now.

Attached: 1527108222960.gif (490x476, 3.52M)

i dont even understand the point of launchers.
it's just a website you have to download.

>Couldn't they of just
The inability of Americans to speak their own language is baffling

Attached: 1568310704572.gif (229x258, 1.42M)

oi! you 'avin a giggle m8?

What's the double entendre?

it's not competition if games are exclusive to one launcher dumbass

You ever consider the possibility of no launcher? No steam no egs no rockstar no Xbox. Just nothing? Not everyone upset about this stuff is a steam shill.

He is going to remain a vegan for the rest of his natural life. He is also a vegan that is pro life.

>Discord
Oh fuck oh no I'm puking

This will soon be the future in consoles as well.

Steam and maybe Battle.net is all you need. MAYBE origin if you're desperate.

Attached: 1501522789450.jpg (640x480, 43K)

Discord Nitro no longer has games.
I wish Discord had decided to do what GOG is doing and try to be a launcher for launchers to be a single point for your library instead of trying to add ANOTHER game service platform with exclusive titles.

He is also a cuck

Why can't they just sell a game that starts without a launcher?

BASED

Taking that "how can you tell someone's vegan?" joke to another level lmao

Is that bad? Just put them in a folder if it bothers you that much.

he made some of the best music I've ever heard.
youtube.com/watch?v=3tI1pu5rfZw
youtube.com/watch?v=VadQiHnhpIw
youtube.com/watch?v=QhZnEagfjTQ

fag

nice to meet you. My name is Amadeus.

I'm fine with GOG Galaxy because it is 100% optional.

This is the future we all signed for on that day when we installed Steam in order to play that one game that required online multiplayer to be properly experienced. For me it was Left 4 Dead, what was the game that forced you to contribute to our demise?

>Obligated to install a launcher to buy a game
>Choice
Where is the choice?

Out of all of those, at least the minecraft launcher sort of has a point to exist since it works as a coherent manager for all your jar files.

Waiting for PlayStation 5. I'm done with PC. Terrible community and platform. All the Chads I know play on console and have normal and happy lives. All the greasy neckbeard losers play on PC and sit at the back of the class jerking off about their overpriced video cards.

Only reason I haven't done it sooner is because of the loading times. Tried GTA:O on Xbox One (Day One Edition) and it was unacceptable. Sure, I liked not being around modders and the overall feel was better, but the loading times are unbearable. I spent more time loading than playing.

Maybe that's been fixed but it's too late to get a console now with the next ones coming so soon.

Ew PC games are icky I'd rather emulate constole video games. Why would I want some indie junk taking up iso space?

>battlenet
kek
>bethesda launcher
kek
>rockstar games
You get objectively worse versions when you buy them thanks to Rockstar removing songs. Just pirate.
>discord
Nobody buys games on this
>origin
kek
>xbox
kek
>twitch
Didn't even know you could buy games there.
>uplay
You'll have more fun jacking off to Kassandra lewds than playing their games
>epic
kek

Attached: laughing cats.png (694x553, 300K)

That's GoG.

This is partially Steam's fault. They had the audacity to charge a whopping 30% of the total sales on a glorified app-ified webpage. I honestly have no idea why developers agreed to this, I guess it was cheaper than having the game in a physical store and going through shitty publishers like Activision way back when they used to be publisher and distributor.

>uTorrent
yikes

Attached: 1566008348376.jpg (1170x2048, 356K)

Attached: laughs in free.png (414x340, 10K)

nah I go by a simple rule: no steam no buy

>They had the audacity to charge a whopping 30% of the total sales on a glorified app-ified webpage. I honestly have no idea why developers agreed to this
I just love when a post instantly outs an underage kid

Attached: 1397853146695.png (375x375, 126K)

Valve had a monopoly on the PC gaming industry. That's the only reason. Either use Steam or don't get money.

Companies started getting wise to this and began building their own services. Origin and Uplay started as a response to this and EVERYONE hated them. It was just DRM to them, but now people aren't that against them. Considering how far they've grown.

I don't understand why people are defending Valve at all. They stopped being "good" years ago. They're just milking microtransactions now and it's their fault this happened.

GOG seems like the best option out of all of these. At least the games are "yours" and aren't attached to anything.

He doesn't know what that means and just wanna sound hip

>utorrent
>only for epic games
Why are steamcels so cringe

Twitch doesn't sell games, but you can download GOG copies of games through their app in a way that I have still yet to recieve an answer on if CD Projekt gave them the OK to do, and worse it's only windows versions.

Except I don't use any of that shit.

>uTorrent
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAH

drink bleach, fucktard

It's Qbit now homie. Utorrent is mining bitcoins and the old versions have major security flaws so you're probably part of a botnet.

>be the only one providing a luxury service
>people hate you for some reason
>other people start copying you, finally bringing more of this luxury service into play
>people now hate you for being the best at providing the luxury service
What is wrong with you fucking retards? A monopoly isn't bad if it's not a basic human need, or if the one with the monopoly is the only one good at doing the thing.

to be fair u don't need gog galaxy, you can direct download and forget all the networking bullshit

Steam getting rid of physical was a grave mistake

t. shit for brains

t. USES UTORRENT IN THE CURRENT YEAR AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA ENJOY YOUR ROOTKIT

For me a strong point of launchers is the ability to have games always updated by downloading patches when I am browsing or whatever. I have set Steam up to autorun when Windows boots and do stuff in the background, but there's no way I'm doing the same with several other launchers. Thus when I want to play a non-Steam game and I run their launcher, surprise! I must download 20 GB!
Fuck that.

>He is also a vegan that is pro life.
He wouldn't be vegan if he was pro life. The chicken industry is the reason that the chicken is the second most prolific animal on Earth, behind human beings. If we stopped eating chickens, it would mean chicken genocide, their population is unsustainable in the wild without human support. Meat eating means more living chickens.

Literally all you need though is Steam, Windows Game Store (comes pre installed on windows), and Minecraft launcher.
The rest has shit games, or are built into steam themselves like Uplay and Rockstar games store.

No reasons to own/buy Blizzard games
No reasons to own/buy Bethesda games
No reasons to own/buy Rockstar games
Steam with new library is going to be shit
No reasons to install GOG
We still use TS2
No reasons to own/buy EA games
Why NoGames Box has a launcher?
I block E-whores on sight
No reasons to own/buy Ubisoft games
Free Tibet
Would rather play Lego than waste time on Minecraft

Where's league of legends

He thinks that by being Vegan he's saving Life

>mfw having a clean system with none of those shit installed, thank you based torrents

Attached: 9809700.jpg.png (1024x930, 650K)

>buyfags
Yikes! What a bunch of losers.

Attached: 1568728766458.jpg (650x1000, 119K)

>uTorrent
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it's bad for the content creators who hate the store cut, Valve's inflexibility eventually hurts us consumers

It's just like having shortcuts to all your games, before launchers were a thing.

go play zsnes grandpa

A launcher makes things easier, apart from being a DRM to ensure you paid for a product, having a community, patches, mods, cheevos, sharing shit...
Inb4 GOG, as they only sell abandonware, shit Indies and their own games

The only one of those I have is Minecraft and that's just a launcher for that one game lmao

this is how I roll

The choice to pirate instead

>Where is the choice
you dont play the game, you entitled manchild

There is no "choice" if you are required to use one platform to play a certain game.
It would be absolutely no problem if all of these platforms all had access to all of the games, and players just chose the platform they preferred. THAT is choice and it means competition. Games have to compete with one another in the same arenas. Platforms compete against one another by the service they provide, not by the titles they're holding hostage.

Valve competes with a few other distributors such as GOG and Humble (and I guess Discord and Twitch?), they all sell the same games and are constantly trying to make their platforms better and more appealing.

Origin, Battlenet, UPlay and Rockstar are not competitor platforms, they're dedicated launchers for the games they themselves make, and that's fine. The applications all run like shit, but it's not as though I'd leave them running in the background after I'm done playing one of their games. They wanted to make 100% of the profits off of their titles, so they took the time to make their own digital stores.

Epic is not a competitor platform, their goal is to get as many games (that they had no hand in developing) as possible to be exclusive to them in order to force you to use their platform. They can throw money around striking deals with devs because they sure as fuck aren't spending money making EGS better.

Valve's 30% was and still is the industry standard, the same cut that a brick&mortar store has taken for decades.
With digital distribution, that store cut was the only cut taken; no more manufacturing and boxing, no physical transport, no creating and issuing specific marketing material to the stores. Those things took roughly another 40-50% out of the publisher's hands. The "12% cut" is a farce, even Sweeney said such a low cut is unfeasible for a store.

You want to make 100% of the profits, game makers? Set up your own store, all you need is a website.

>uTorrent

Attached: 1552623825494.jpg (240x240, 32K)

ah so you dont play video games at all good to know

You wouldn't believe how many still use utorrent, especially the ancient client for some reason

give me a good reason to consider triple A cashgrabs as a videogames then we will have a talk

aren't they blacklisted by most trackers?

Attached: 152132025736.webm (1920x1080, 2.44M)

i see them from time to time on public trackers, not on private tho

30% is the standard for console hardware makers, IIRC that's what Nintendo gets for a 32GB game (and they do make the physical cartridge). 12% seems more than fair for a fucking file server, especially considering it's full of shit games and therefore it has no marketing/exposure value.

>have to run them through Steam if I want to use the controller I want
>works only half the time anyway
these shits need to get their stuff together

Discord will stop selling games, tho.

>WAAAAH STEAM MONOPOLY
>literally fucking anyone and their grandma can cobble together a games distro platform and find some level of success assuming they're not an incompetent fuckwad
retarded niggerfaggots, the lot of you

>i'm a 14 yearold consolefag lmao

>This is the future you chose.
No i did not, i never bought dlc in my entire fucking life, i never bought a game on steam.
I still remember the horse DLC for oblivion.
You did this, all of you little zoomer faggots
Fucking kill yourself you zoomer shits.

Attached: Capture.png (604x308, 29K)

There is an alternative to all of this though.

Attached: the_alternative.jpg (666x545, 64K)

kek

>Double entendre
Frenchfag here, why do you stupid English speaking people put out of context French words in your sentences? What the hell is this supposed to mean? "Double meaning"?

>it's up to me, the humble consumer to defend billion dollar corporations backed by possibly the most powerful regime on earth

>posting a CIA honeypot

>Competition
>Every storefront sells the game for the same price
???

I'm (not) American so I could (not) care less.

Attached: 1553535317531.jpg (738x1024, 104K)

it's an english phrase now seething frenchfag, get assimilated

>brag about having super fast gaming PCs that can handle anything
>complain about having to open more than one program
Someone should make an image of PC-tan whining about having to lift two dumbbells at the same time.

t. brainlet retard

Yes, you dumb frog. "Vegan for life" means both he is a vegan for the rest of his life AND that veganism is something that is "for," as in promotes, life.

Missing qbittorent
>uttorent
psyop

Attached: pirate chad.png (1673x2160, 1.23M)

>have a billion different real world stores to go to
>no one ever complains
>have a few virtual stores to go to
>gamers riot
Dumb.

How is any corporation screwing anyone over in this particular situation?

You forgot Chad Itch.io

why have the majority when you can have all of it AND control the discussion and reviews.

If every single real world store forced me to get their unique payback card or some other bullshit I would be annoyed too.

>Clicking all these icons is too anti consumer for me, everyone should be forced to use a single distribution platform. Also fuck Windows and fuck monopolies

Attached: 1815609A33AC4DD0BEA99D1BEA4B6BE7.jpg (643x480, 44K)

The "billion real world stores" don't build their stores in your backyard, retard.
Try playing the game without installing the launchers on your hard drive, you mouthbreathing fuck.

>Valve had a monopoly on the PC gaming industry
Wrong.

When will the Launcher bubble collapse and all that remain will be steam.

>The "12% cut" is a farce, even Sweeney said such a low cut is unfeasible for a store.
could you drones please stop repeating this blatent lie?

Attached: Screenshot_20190830085903330_com.twitter.android.jpg (1080x1497, 326K)

eventually you figure out that there are too many fucking games all coming out at the same time so you pick on launcher/company to "main". For me It's bnet despite all the faggotry Blizzard's been doing lately. They still make the highest quality games IMO.

When the store gets some actual features and isn't barebones garbage, that 7% is going to go up.

Steam kikes will defend the 30% cut until steam dies, that's the nature of jews

>launchers
kek

It's easy when you don't have any running costs on that barren wasteland of a store. How's that roadmap doing?

You're making the right decision user, PC gaming is a meme.

I only use Discord out of all of those

>"Epic is unsustainable, even Tom said so!"
>prove he didn't
>"Well it will be just wait!"
Legitimate trump derangement syndrome level mental illness over clicking a different icon

Not my present, nor my future, you buycuck.

Z E R O launchers here, yet I have ALL the games.

Attached: 1557399776490.png (976x658, 283K)

It makes perfect sense though. Epic is missing a ton of shit Steam and other stores have and they have them on their roadmap. Of course that's gonna drive the cost up.

Attached: Dont_finance_cancer.png (680x579, 252K)

>want some delicious carrots
>go to Walmart
>there's no carrots wtf
>turn out the Epic Grocery Store bought exclusive rights to sell carrots
I sure love choice.

How. Is. The. Roadmap. Going.

That's why they are making gog 2.0

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 138K)

I'm pretty sure it's taking about animal liberation, as in wanking off animals but I could be wrong

>You can only get potatoes at one store, cheese at another, an and foil to cook them in another
Fixed your analogy. This would be a very annoying fucking thing and you better believe the FTC would intervene if Walmart payed off all the milk producers in the US to sell milk ONLY at Walmart.

Adding shit to a launcher you already own and operate doesn't drive costs up. The only thing that drives up costs is payment processing, and server bandwidth. Console retards and their migrants (i.e. steamdrones) and the only people stupid enough to think adding achievements and some gay Facebook blog means it's worth a corporation taking 30% for doing nothing.

>the overall feel was better
Why are low IQ consoleniggers unable to form arguments?

>launcher for launchers

Attached: chink vomit.jpg (640x795, 27K)

the only thing(s) i dont have installed from that pic is minecraft, gog, xbox and twitch.
who tf uses the twitch app when theres youtube-dl? do people actually chat with those retards?

What's the artist, user?

Attached: sweaty52.png (424x553, 362K)

>Reading comprehension

Uhuh.
Right.
Yeah, gotcha.
Roger that.
Under 25 will be zapped on sight.
Mhm.
Uhuh.
Gotcha.
Yeeeaaahh...
*cough*
Uhuh.
Yeah, yeah...
Right.
Gotcha.
Yeah, yeah?

Do you see how retarded this shit is? I don't care if you prove it, but you do not play video games. All you do, is sit at home with your ass, up your ass!
Posting the same shit to Facebook. On your Macbook Pro. Taking pictures with the same iPhone. All of this shit.
I fucking hate you. You cannot quantify the hate that I harbor for all of you.

Attached: 1567900414816.png (350x350, 137K)

>too stupid to articulate arguments
>have to use le epic frog maymay to express myself

>utorrent
so close to a perfect post my dude

Digital storefronts also compete with digital piracy.

Dilate

>Hating Epic means you're a tranny
I very clearly still have a dick in my pants, retard.

Attached: 1568347362818.jpg (1024x826, 50K)

The final gola of GoG 2 is to completely remove the other launcher retard, look it up before you talk shit at least ONCE. Granted them being able to do it for all of them is slim, but maybe one day.

>uTorrent
You fucking nigger. Your post could have been perfect

Attached: gun.png (1920x1090, 1.86M)

only reason I don't play R6 is because it's on uplay

>Platforms compete against one another by the service they provide, not by the titles they're holding hostage.
the titles they provide is the service dipshit, it's a fucking store. You don't switch car mechanics because one plays better TV shows in the waiting lobby

What was ever the problem with buying games directly from their publishers and removing the middleman?

Is Deluge still good?

>

Attached: epic.png (683x751, 136K)

nothing wrong with 2.2.1

If it's not on steam it doesn't exist.

Why can't we just go back to downloading from websites?
Fuck having a launcher for each, individual company to bloat our PCs full of crap

>uTorrent

Attached: 1559087463725.png (700x750, 663K)