"Why does Yea Forums hate the Epic Store? Are they just racist, too lazy to use another launcher or do they hate devs?"

>"Why does Yea Forums hate the Epic Store? Are they just racist, too lazy to use another launcher or do they hate devs?"
What an interesting question, thanks for asking, my dear shitposter!
Let's go over it:
>insanely poor functionality, barely competes with the original Steam launcher in terms of features
>imports console-like anti-consumer/anti-competitive business tactics to the PC market by buying exclusivity rights
>has constant security breaches, if you register an account with them then your data is NOT safe
>has been proven to literally spy on your entire PC to find information on your gaming preferences
>makes ads pop up in games
>owned by Tencent, a chinese company with direct ties to their authoritarian government (which is kinda unsettling considering how much of your data they steal by spying)
>bans people for buying too many games at a time
There's more, but if this isn't enough to at least raise an eyebrow for you then i don't know what to tell you.

Attached: EpicStoreCrossout.jpg (1400x788, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamereactor.eu/epic-games-store-user-banned-for-buying-too-many-games/
rockpapershotgun.com/2019/05/21/epic-games-store-blocking-shoppers-from-buying-too-many-games/
pcgamer.com/buying-games-too-fast-on-the-epic-games-store-can-lock-your-account/
steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/828938354877841647/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent
youtube.com/watch?v=F9rBzKJxbOk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can't even login from my house

You still hate Epic Store for no reason

>original steam launcher

why even reference something no one on this board is old enough to remember

Ok Chang, don't you have a Tiananmen Square Massacre to take care of?

i member

Based.

Borderlands 3 isn't even that good a looking game, it's 2019... look at it.

I don't think I'll buy it 6 months later on steam when it comes out there either.

Attached: borderlands3_619922-582864_20041110_031.jpg (1024x768, 333K)

What's the matter? Jealous of all the fun we have with our free games?

Steam and Epic are the same thing and only idiots will defend it. Gog is the only good guy

>>insanely poor functionality, barely competes with the original Steam launcher in terms of features
It plays games and doesn't have shitty Facebook lite features. That's all you need.
>>imports console-like anti-consumer/anti-competitive business tactics to the PC market by buying exclusivity rights
Developer getting more money supersedes your convenience
>>has constant security breaches, if you register an account with them then your data is NOT safe
Steam has had dozens of security concerns and nobody ever complains about that
>>has been proven to literally spy on your entire PC to find information on your gaming preferences
Literally proven fake.
>>makes ads pop up in games
So does Steam
>>owned by Tencent, a chinese company with direct ties to their authoritarian government (which is kinda unsettling considering how much of your data they steal by spying)
Tencent has a stake in nearly everything. If you play something like Path of Exile, you're supporting Tencent. Also that is nothing but a bunch of FUD about stealing data.
>>bans people for buying too many games at a time
It happened to some guy on Twitter once and nobody has ever mentioned it again.

>Tiananmen Square Massacre

omg because i am le chinese this will surely get me to stop posting!!1

Why are Steam drones so cringe?

So I bought a DVD from the Wakaliwood website the other day. For those that don't know, "Wakaliwood" refers to people that make movies out of the actual fucking slums of Uganda. The people are clearly barely-literate, and make movies with budgets under a hundred US dollars while riots are going on in their countries. And not only can you buy their movies online, but THEY have a fucking shopping cart on their store page!

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (2552x1408, 955K)

a meme
gog is no different, infact it's worse than any of them because of it's selection of games. now keep quiet piratefag

>I don't think I'll buy it 6 months later on steam when it comes out there either.

It's not coming to steam

Good post. Tired of all the epic shills here desu, ironic (vast majority) and otherwise.

>Wakaliwood
It's basically Bollywood for Africa.
Some of their movies are actual kino though.

you mean games that are at least 3 years old?

It doesn't support Linux so I couldn't use it if I wanted to.

>It plays games and doesn't have shitty Facebook lite features. That's all you need.
Ahh spoken like a true consolefag, i can see why you like the EGS. "W-why do you need good things when this worse thing does the absolute basics too??"
>Developer getting more money supersedes your convenience
No it doesn't, i will pirate your game if you try to force me into using shitty, unsafe spyware.
Devs get a salary either way, the "poor devs!" argument is a literal lie. It's executives who profit from going to the EGS, fuck those greedy faggots.
>Literally proven fake
Untrue, but thanks for the input Chang.
>So does Steam
No it doesn't.
>Tencent has a stake in nearly everything.
And? Why does that mean i should support them? I don't play shit like Path of Exile, that is not a justification for giving my private information to a hostile totalitarian government.

I'm not even going to buy your shitty game at all Randy, not even on Steam when it comes out April 2020 with dlc included.

okay?

>the consumer convenience is not important
Really? are you going to make it that easy?

I will pirate it and add it to my Steam library just to spite you, Rancy.
No way i'd ever play trash like that tho, even if you paid me.

>Wakaliwood did the one thing Epic could not
Literal niggers in slums are better than epic are doing a store and Tim Sweeney should be ashamed enough to an hero of this level of incompetance

That game launched on Steam 15 years ago. It was pretty graphically impressive for the time, too.

No other major platform supports Linux either.

Steam does, you faggot chink.

prove it, post your original steam account name

Yea Forums hates competition

Just because you can find ways to get Steam running on Linux doesn't mean it is officially supported.

fun fact, posting anything in Chinese related to the tienanmen square incident will get you a 24-hour ban from Yea Forums

Steambots mad they gotta wait 6 months for borderlands.

So, you will simply download a game and add it to steam library? You monster, i can't stop shaking now

GoG is a shitty meme and it will be dead soon because of bugger storefronts

>lists reasons in op
>no reasons reeeeeee
Damn I thought the epicdrone or whatever thing was a meme

Keep re-reading this till you realise what you've posted ching becuase while I don't mind you being here shilling I do mind the fact that you can't even offer a single genuine selling point for EGS that isn't attached to something shitty they did at the cost to me, the potential consumer to acheive it.

Steam drones are mentally dmged so don't mind them

It literally is officially supported tho, look it up.
Everyone always shits on Steam but they actually do some pretty cool things sometimes.

lurk moar newfag

i give it 2 weeks from now

Attached: thumbs.jpg (398x500, 23K)

Sure it is bud. Whatever you say.

posting this shit again
If you're not releasing DRM free, or if you're not releasing on Steam, you're taking something away from the customer. You're either taking away strict ownership or you're taking away the community features of steam.

When you take something out, YOU MUST PUT SOMETHING BACK IN. It doesn't have to be big, just something to look sincere instead of condescending like what Tim and all those "indie" star wannabes. Throw your customer a bone like some digital freebies, horse armor, a 1000 twitch bits or SOMETHING. Epic is providing nothing, the devs are providing nothing, WHY WOULDN'T THE CUSTOMER BE PISSED?

Concede and cope. At least we can agree that you're not right.

Every time i launch steam it's shoots my disk up to 100%. When i launch ebic my disk is fine. Clearly steam is shit.

>owned by Tencent, a chinese company with direct ties to their authoritarian government

oh no, the evil Chinaman and his inscrutable and authoritarian ways!

China is actually.pretty based and one of the few world powers not completely.cucked by the human rights lobby

If you're too lazy to do a single google search then i doubt you're a Linux user anyway. Have a nice day, Chang.

>posting the literal weeb equivalent of ORANGE MAN BAD finally bannable

about time

I hope you'll grow out of your teenage edgelord phase soon, user.

sure chang but i was talking about the crack, check the posts you're replying

Nice falseflagging steamie but no steam sucks chink dick not epic

Steam is entirely owned by americans while EGS is openly owned by chinks, i don't understand how you could possibly believe the opposite lol

yeah haha
*cough*
china is fucking based
*sneezes out black snot*
fuck regulations and shit
*vomits toxic byproducts*
humans are just cattle
*crushed by a bridge*

>Steam is entirely owned by americans
Maybe for now, wait until a majority of the shares in the company are bought up by the Chinese.

>Less freedom is good for you goyim! now put on your shiny new chains and go work in the rice paddies till you die from something

>Steam is entirely owned by americans

No, all we know is that gabe owns 50% of valve just like tim owns 50% of epic. We have no clue who owns the other half of valve because they never talked about this

>insanely poor functionality, barely competes with the original Steam launcher in terms of features
You can buy games, everything else does not matter.
>imports console-like anti-consumer/anti-competitive business tactics to the PC market by buying exclusivity rights
Nobody cares.
>has constant security breaches, if you register an account with them then your data is NOT safe
which data? Why do you even save your credit card info?
>has been proven to literally spy on your entire PC to find information on your gaming preferences
Nobody cares.
Bullshit
>owned by Tencent, a chinese company with direct ties to their authoritarian government (which is kinda unsettling considering how much of your data they steal by spying)
Nobody cares.
bullshit.

Checkmate steamcels.

sorry stupid chink, but here in a non-communist country, customer convenience is nearly everything, cause if your product isn’t convenient we’ll go to the one that is, steam

If china had a peice of steam already they wouldn't need Tim

You're supposed to put effort into these things, user.

Attached: 1566091398397.jpg (604x436, 59K)

Sure that's the reason why gaben sucks chink dick since king leoric, cope

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-17-14-22-45-952_com.reddit.frontpage.jpg (1080x1719, 325K)

>trying to defend the EGS's insane privacy violations with "lol nobody cares about privacy"
>trying to defend the EGS's awful business tactics with "bullshit!!" when anyone can confirm those points with a simple google search

Wanna know how i can tell that you're chinese?

If I send you a camera will you please put it up in your house? Nobody cares if I have it there mate.

Stupid steam drone, tencent is a public company owned by fucking south Africans, perfect world on the other side is a fake bug company powered by the government

Steam is closer to china than epic is
>Valve, in collaboration with Perfect World, officially signed today an agreement with Shanghai’s government to launch Steam China.
Gabe newell himself licked the boots of winnie the pooh

Valve is a privately-traded company, we're not likely to ever know the particulars beyond Gabe permanently holding 50% of the company. Probably loads of employees get a share after staying for so and so amount of time.

I member as well

anbody remember that first 3rd party game on steam ever? that shitty ragdoll kung fu thing

Guaranteed Replies

>Private
So like epic

>Gabe newell himself licked the boots of winnie the pooh
The fuck does that even mean? Why the fuck do people bring up "Winnie the Pooh" in these threads?

>selling things to the chinese to stay competitive is worse than literally being owned by the chinese
Chang.....

Whatever bruh, you hate EGS simply cause you're racist and you hate china because drumpf said you should hate china.
Come back when you grow a brain or something.

Attached: 230114_908223010.png (339x296, 133K)

free tibet and I'll download this shitty spyware.

Every other launcher sucks in comparison to Steam, with exception to the DRM-free GoG. Most of the essential features for a PC launcher are there though.
>inb4 someone pulls up the chart with all the Facebook features they totally use
On one hand, it is annoying to see them buy out games that were planned to come out on Steam, especially crowd-funded ones, which I think is pretty heinous. But they are coming to Steam eventually, and it's not like you don't have other games to play/pirate in the meantime.
Absolutley true, but Steam also has plenty of security issues.
I have yet to see this "proof". They have been snooping around Steam info without using the proper API, which is suspicious, so I'll give you that.
Didn't find any info on this one, but games on Steam can also have ads (see 2K19)
Epic Games is not owned by Tencent, this is a fact.
While I can see why too many purchases in a short time could be concerning, it wouldn't be as much of a problem if there was a fucking shopping cart. Agreed.

>you can buy games
LMFAOOOOO
THIS DUMBASS NIGGA DOESN'T REMEMBER THAT EPIC GAMES PREVENTED PEOPLE FROM BUYING MORE THAN ONE OR TWO GAMES AT A TIME BEFORE LOCKING THEIR ACCOUNT DURING THE SALE
gamereactor.eu/epic-games-store-user-banned-for-buying-too-many-games/
rockpapershotgun.com/2019/05/21/epic-games-store-blocking-shoppers-from-buying-too-many-games/
pcgamer.com/buying-games-too-fast-on-the-epic-games-store-can-lock-your-account/

Just because Valve is a privately-traded company doesn't mean that it's shares can't be traded publicly.

Attached: eugh.png (420x420, 267K)

>gabe sucks chink dick cope
>posts evidence to the contrary

Attached: 1540774926660.jpg (570x587, 79K)

Yeah, then answer that. Why valve does not share info about 49% of their shareholders, maybe they have something to hide?

That's exactly what it means, you blithering fucking retard. That is the entire point of it being a privately-traded company. Hoop de doop actually they still are!

without selling himself in the process and he isn't bound to china by his decisions and unlike epic can pull out if things dont go his way

>owned by tencent
Repeating lies (for months/years) is a mental illness steam drone, no Tim doesn't give single fuck about china, jewben on the other side is sucking chink dick since king leoric.

And the only way to organize the store is a search bar that took forever to add :^)

>ree why won't they like us

>So does Steam
I've never seen ads while playing games, Chang.

While I agree, this thread will fail because epic spammer is a shitposter therefore he doesn't care about it.

>still being buttblasted about the metro thing

See, THIS is why Epic will never beat piracy

Tencent owns literally 40% of the EGS you shill, how is that a lie?
They don't own it entirely, but obviously they're a major factor in how the company is run.

So, there is that one guy who got blocked on the entire world. And they unblock him 15 minutes later, is this a joke or are you really use it as an argument?
Because you know, anti-fraud shit is a thing on steam too
steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/828938354877841647/

Steam is well established, but if we forget that, all customer should care is if he gets the game cheaper. That doesnt seem to happen, games cost the same, its just dev getting better deal. Then next thing for customer to ask is if the service is better? Does it work or run better? Functionality? That seems to be worse than steam as well.

If it offer nothing but worse service and same prices to customer then there is no reason to care about it.

All games are free.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent
is a Chinese multinational investment holding conglomerate founded in 1998

Nice pic steamie, perfect description of steam drones oh wait, even downies are smarter than steamies.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-15-23-05-36-488_com.android.browser.jpg (1080x1975, 361K)

And it's bad because .. ???

Ok small cock man

Was a Chinese tournament, last I checked. Of course they're not going to allow that on a stream with majority Chinese viewers.

source?

>why is bad that a company in bed with a totalitarian government has access to your private information

Went public and their majority share holder is a South African company (Naspers) read your bullshit source, it's there.

Investing 101
>When an investor has a minority interest in a business, they hold a significant percentage of ownership, but do not have the ability to control business decisions

This is just sad how retarted people are here,at first i thought it's just false flagging but now i have no doubt you fags belive that

Thanks for proving my point, chinks own valve now

>MUH TOTALITARIAN GOBURNMENT AHUDHUADHIUAHIS FREEEEDOOMS
lmao stfu nerd

Attached: 6636285520.jpg (500x333, 23K)

Yeah but it doesnt say they moved out of china at any point, just because nigger threw money at em doesnt mean they are any less chinese.
Its twin-skyscrapers headquarters Tencent Seafront Towers (also known as Tencent Binhai Mansion) are based in Nanshan District, Shenzhen.

>FREEDOM BAD
Uhh, okay?

So following that logic epic is not chinese but american. Wasn't that hard, was it?

You get btfo every fucking time and still holding on, get help, no you don't own shit with 40% it's a private company, Tim owns the most of the shares, 40% is big in public companies because a lot of shares are free to buy.

but are the americans active control freaks? no they do it passively nowadays.
Offerings in China include the instant messenger Tencent QQ and one of the largest web portals, QQ.com

>pre-egs
>nobody cares about steam
>egs
>24/7 STEAM BAD threads

Attached: 1560419121775.jpg (253x234, 48K)

this, valve was only the object of people ire in disperate mentions of their lack doing anything before EGS and its shills

Wait so tencent is owned by south Africans but it's not owned by them because their hq is in china... On he other side epic is not owned by tencent, their hq is in America, their CEO is the biggest shareholder and is American but it's owned by china ? Take your meds steamie

It's just shitposting, i strongly doubt many people in this thread actually like the EGS.
Maybe there's a few actual shills, but i doubt that's too common either.

Yeah, everyone hated valve. After egs it seems that they invested in shills pretty heavily

Hold the fuck up. You better substantiate this claim pardner

Who's going to crack? All the steamshitters who are mad, you know a multimillion dollar company won't.

People don't need freedom because people are like cattle.
Give them freedom and they will start killing and robbing eachother, start meaningless revolutions and wars over shit that does not matter like gender studies.
All they need is an illusion of freedom.
But i guess you're just an average joe who never dealt with controlling a group of people larger than 3 or 4 and you're probably some sort of a wageslave in mcdonalds or something.

Attached: index.jpg (240x200, 6K)

>Americans are passive ?
What did mental illness mean by this ? You got btfo, it's embarrassing at this point, leave the thread, open a new one and repeat your lies.

You know im gonna keep listing the things they do in china because everything they do in china is monitored by the government there and therefore Tencent remains firmly in bed with their actively cancerous country of origin while Epic is firmly in bed with whoever gives them lots of money
The company remained unprofitable for the first three years.[28] South African media company Naspers purchased a 46.5% share of Tencent in 2001.[33][34] (As of 2014, it owns 34%

Personally, I have a feeling their whole “we are for developers” bullshit is just that, bullshit. Steam has lifted basically all restrictions on the games allowed, I imagine Epic will fold the moment some dev is stupid enough to throw an “””offensive””” game up there and some Retardera journalists begin to put hit pieces out.

Apparently you might get free game pop up if you play in windowless mode. But you can simply disable it in settings

How big are your sword and trench coat collections?

tick tock

This, the whole line about giving devs a bigger cut is such nonsense.
Devs don't see a single cent of that money, it all goes to the corporate jews at the top.

Not if the cut goes to indie devs as well, which Epic has also been supporting.

lmao shut the fuck up, if you lose an argument take like a man

Now it makes money and Naspers is still the majority stockholder, this doesn't change anything.
>I know china, I saw it on tv
Yes chinks are bad, but no Tim doesnt make chink propaganda like gaben and no he doesn't give a shit about china and no epic is not owned by china. Mentally ill steam drones mastered the art of moving goal posts and coping like subhumans. Get help.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-20-11-49-29-005_tv.twitch.android.app.jpg (1080x607, 185K)

Lemme guess, you're not like cattle, you should be in control. Nah, you're a edgy dumbass. Learn to control the slabs of fat on your belly.

Indie devs can suck my tranny cock, 99% of indiegames are worthless shovelware that wouldn't see any sales if not for the support of the Steam infrastructure that they love to complain about so much.

Epic only support >1% of indie devs and most of those are big enough to be considered AAA anyway like psyonix and supergiant.

but where do the popups come from? I hate the EGS but if this is the equivalent of that window that pops up as part of steam itself (not the overlay) listing new releases and game info then its literally who cares tier

If this pops up as part of the actual game window with some EGS overlay then thats no bueno

>Naspers sold their stakes because tencent made no money

so and why are you coming to the "chinks bad" conclusion ? You own source is killing your post ?

Many of Tencent's software and services are remarkably similar to those of competitors. The founder and chairman, Huateng "Pony" Ma, famously said, "[To] copy is not evil." A former CEO and president of SINA.com, Wang Zhidong, said, "Pony Ma is a notorious king of copying." Jack Ma of Alibaba Group stated, "The problem with Tencent is the lack of innovation; all of their products are copies."[201]
Though Tencent is notorious for its copying acts, it is also known for its own innovations in these copies to conform to Chinese consumers' tastes.
In 2015, security testing firms AV-Comparatives, AV-TEST and Virus Bulletin jointly decided to remove Tencent from their software whitelists. The Tencent products supplied for testing were found to contain optimisations that made the software appear less exploitable when benchmarked but actually provided greater scope for delivering exploits.[204] Additionally, software settings were detrimental to end-users protection if used. Qihoo was later also accused of cheating, while Tencent was accused of actively gaming the anti-malware tests.
All my info on china is from a guy I know who teaches english there btw

>edgy
more like you can't comprehend opinions of other people because you have a very low iq

Who cares tier, it's not part of a game. This is why it will only pop up if you are in windowless mode, it's just like steam pop up shit

It's pretty funny how even with all that support, the only indie devs that flock to them are those that made pixelshit platformers

I don’t even care about the cut bullshit, more so I’m worried how they’ll hurt creative freedom if they somehow magically outdo steam. At first they’ll pretend to be for any kind of game on there store until they are cemented in, then somebody will release something retardera hates, journalists will put out hit pieces on how epic will be better than steam if they take it down, they will, then they’ll give some cookie cutter statement about how they are against racism/sexism/bigotry/whatever fits.

You know this website is 18+, right?
Literal underage posts, this is embarrassing.

>Many of Tencent's software and services are remarkably similar to those of competitors. The founder and chairman, Huateng "Pony" Ma, famously said, "[To] copy is not evil." A former CEO and president of SINA.com, Wang Zhidong, said, "Pony Ma is a notorious king of copying." Jack Ma of Alibaba Group stated, "The problem with Tencent is the lack of innovation; all of their products are copies."[201]

We love tencent now?

oh thanks. well my anger is dialed back a few pips for now. I'm going to go back to watching garbage big tiddie anime and trying to pretend that Daemon X Machina has no story and is an arcade game.

Nah, the gist is china is only almost as shitty as people make it out to be and the apple never falls far from the tree.
Epic suck because american companies suck just in general and the biggest ones have for a long time and chinese companies suck because they all work with the government because they have to in order to operate on home soil

What about pictures?

Attached: 1559572708121.jpg (409x500, 203K)

Mental illness you got btfo, yes a capitalist public company doesn't give a shit about human right, they want money and the perfect costumer is your own government. So now back to facts steamie :

>Starting in March 2018, the Chinese government put a freeze on the approval of new games, including all Tencent products. Tencent suffered a stock plunge that wiped out more than $135 billion off its market value. Many have interpreted this as the Chinese government sending Tencent and others the message: “You think you are big? Well, we the Party are bigger.”

>The Chinese government also interferes in Tencent operations through censorship of WeChat content. In 2017, 41 keyword combinations related to a crackdown on human rights activists were censored on WeChat without users knowing. Another study in late 2017 identified censored keywords related to the 19th Party Congress. Tencent has also been penalized for not policing its online content thoroughly enough, including fines and the shutdown of social media accounts.

>In sum, Tencent appears to be an independent entity subjected to growing control and interference by the government. No open source information was found to suggest that Tencent is a front for the government or a controlled medium through which the government can conduct malicious activity online.

Don't reply to me ever again subhhuman

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-18-18-44-30-956_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x1893, 450K)

>they all work with the government because they have to in order to operate on home soi

Chineese companies are forced to store user data for a certain period of time. Beyond that they are not working with the goverment unless they are one of the party owned companies. Tencent is publicly traded and therefore is not one of these companies,additionaly there are no traits linking them and the party. It seems like party don't really like tencent nor perfect world based on the fact that they like to fuck with them

>chinks fucking over each other
Is this actually supposed to prove something, butthurt shill?

>pretending someone care about epic except shills
good luck in the next one

When it comes down to it 90% of the pro Epic posts just turn out to be people who have some retarded axe to grind against Valve.
None of them give a single positive reason for using the EGS

Did somebody leave a bunch of lasagna on the floor in hopes of making that tank slip and spin out? What's going on in this image?

>None of them give a single positive reason for using the EGS

They have better game and are less greedy than valve, that's good enough for me. I preffer to support game creators instead of middleman

But you're just supporting the publishers not the people who actually did the work.

>they have better games
NO NOT THE BEES!

Attached: beesim epic.png (1006x723, 560K)

>I preffer to support game creators instead of middleman

Guess you can narrow the whole store down to Fortnite then

THE BEES

Attached: bee_by_thenoodlegod2012.png (787x392, 18K)

The publishers are paying the developers, so I am still supporting the developers.

I only support uTorrent

They get their salary either way, you're literally just lining the pockets of already rich executives that do none of the creative work.

>being stupid enough to think publishers wont just pocket the extra money

Attached: 1562011424574.png (960x730, 200K)

Valve
>60$ base price for a game

Epic
>60$ base price for a game

nice competition retards

Attached: 1dqsdr.jpg (696x413, 26K)

can you faggots atleast work on your english and make it less obvious you're a bunch of fucking shills?

Attached: Link what.jpg (440x436, 29K)

Attached: 1555626168092.gif (540x304, 493K)

Wow
Just wow
>Being this outright of a shill

>Multi million companies making more money is more important than your consumer experience

Randy just fuck off and kys

Publisher take a cut out of every sale so i support devs anyway. Worth to mention there is less than 10 games with publishers on epic so

For me, I don't care much about functionality or whatever. I just go wherever I can get shit for cheaper.
Thing about Epic is, they're trying to come off as the good guys, for the devs, muh 30% cut while trying to bury Steam.
I'd respect them more if they just come out and say yeah, we're a bunch of greedy fucks trying to buy our way into the market share with Fortnite and chink money.
And the way that most mainstream game"journos" banded together to supported them comes across as real fishy.
Also, Tim Sweeny is a disingenuous fuck.

they don't allow indie devs that haven't sold more than million

I need only one reason to detest EGS - its the way all journalists suddenly started vilifying anything Steam does since few months before EGS' reveal and the endless praise EGS gets for doing literally nothing. It's all shady as fuck and I don't like it.

Attached: EBibLrSU8AA9oYl.jpg (681x499, 82K)

They're very obviously paid off, yeah.

why do you have to announce that you are an epic shill and lie at the same time?
that's minus .4 points on your account!

Cause I don't want to use it and they are trying to force me to. Pretty simple really.

Hey devs, here's an idea since you're all too stupid to grasp it:

If you don't want steam taking 30% of your money, then sell the game itself via a browser or website. You don't need to make me download 500 gigabytes of software bloat just to "launch" my games". You only do it because you want access to my PC's information to sell to advertisers. So don't go on about steam being greedy when you have ulterior motives yourself.

Attached: 1460353330106.jpg (500x500, 34K)

>Wait that does not fit my narrative. STOP LYING

Shouldn't you be sucking one of the outrage gaming youtuber dick right now?

>30% (as much as Sony/Nintendo charge) for running a glorified file server
>not making any new games ever (cardshit doesn't count)
Epic is shit but Steam is much more damaging and you fucking zombies are enabling them.

I don't care brosef. Either make a better service, or I won't change.

I literally wouldn't give a shit if they took 70%, Steam delivers a better service by literally every metric and doesn't have a massive security breach every other week, so that's where my money will go.
Steam also isn't bringing exclusivity cancer to the PC market, that shit actively deserves to be punished.

It's not? I thought it was, did Randy said something about it?

>I would perfer to not have any games than to not use my gaming facebook

Sad thing is, you are not baiting

>I would prefer the corporation to benefit without me gaining anything out of it

Sad thing is, you are not baiting.

No, no one ever said that it's coming to steam.

That's not at all what i'm saying.
My point is that devs need to put up with the Steam fee if they wanna sell to me, because i'm not installing a shitty malware launcher just so some jewish executive can get a bigger bonus.

Okay, so you are no longer a customer of them then. Enjoy not having games to play i guess

Huh yeah you are right, didn't know why I assumed it would after the 6 months of exclusivity.

Oh, I'll have plenty of games to play while sailing the high seas. They just lose a sale. And hey, Tim already paid for my copy so I don't even feel bad.

You're arguing about a fictional scenario, publishers still sell on Steam because guess what, a lot of people feel the way i do.
It's the other way around, if they wanna keep having costumers then they better sell their games through a launcher that isn't literal malware and worse at everything than the competition.

Suit yourself user

>weeb equivalent of ORANGE MAN BAD bannable
>actual ORANGE MAN BAD isn't
Hmmmm

Attached: DTtSBHfUMAEqqIQ.jpg (480x480, 26K)

>malware

Disproven so many times it's not even funny, but you are not here to argue with common sense. You are here to protect your corporation and lying/or checking anything goes against it

>You are here to protect your corporation and lying/or checking anything goes against it

Attached: 1568125011935.jpg (267x342, 39K)

>7 fucking years ago
Are you literally still mad about that

>tfw have 2 registered throw away accounts
Both got banned within a hour

Attached: 10B6F906-B4DA-41C8-AA96-23D59E9127A7.png (246x200, 12K)

>the man defending a product that is inferior by literally every conceivable metric and who keeps spouting "but think of the poor millionaire executives!!" accuses others of being mindless corporate shills

Oh the irony. Kill yourself Chang.

I like my games being all in one place. I also tend to forget other games on other launchers cause I don't use desktop icons .

Also the prices.

>Steam has had dozens of security concerns and nobody ever complains about that
I've been on steam for 14 years, never had anything bad happen on it
I was on Epic's launcher for half a year & some chink ordered some 150€ version of the pve mode & tried to buy another 100€ or so of vbucks using my credit card

Don't tease me like that randy. You specifically said 6 months instead of a year like all the other epic Exclusive ganes

>klingon
wtf lol

anyone else remember when people hated Steam this much

Let's be real, if somebody was going to pay you decent cash to make pro-Epic shitposts I imagine you would take up the offer.

Yeah, but steam is good now.
Epic isn't.

Attached: 1556316033081.jpg (1095x1115, 842K)

Having a non majority share is not owning anything you fucking twit. You can bitch about lack of software features all you want, but other then that you're all being as whiney as conservatives getting called out for being uneducated fuckfaces.

Depends on how much, if they pay me at least $10/h i will shill anything they want.

>People don't need freedom because people are like cattle.
>Give them freedom and they will start killing and robbing eachother, start meaningless revolutions and wars over shit that does not matter like gender studies.
>All they need is an illusion of freedom.
>But i guess you're just an average joe who never dealt with controlling a group of people larger than 3 or 4 and you're probably some sort of a wageslave in mcdonalds or something.

yeah china is functionining so much better, chinky winky
oops was that too related to winnie the pooh, are you going to get put in front of a firing squad now?

just like Destiny 2? we'll see.

free speech ain't free

Um sweaty....

Attached: 1568429954321.png (1914x4402, 1.65M)

might have something to do with ORANGE MAN BAD not causing your house to get swatted by roaches afraid of a revolution

based

NOOOO STOP POSTING THIS ITS BEEN DISPLOVEN MANY TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1567569124096.png (683x751, 136K)

USER WAS BASED FOR THIS POST

>I preffer to support game creators
I don't. They're out to make the most money possible, and so am I.
I don't begrudge companies for taking the deal, but I save the most money with GoG and Steam.
Checked out Epic, but they didn't take paypal, and fuck connecting my card to that buggy mess.

This is why north korea is the best korea.

I mean reading processes is pretty common for anticheats nowadays, league of legends does the same, if you have anything with cheat engine in the title it would disconnect you from the game, this included having a tab open in your browser where you google cheat engine

youtube.com/watch?v=F9rBzKJxbOk

rest is cringe tho, and I'm surprised it doesn't bring up it going through your steam shit

No one unironically likes the EGS, right?

I wish.

Chinese shills aren't people

He never said they had to be people.

didn't this one sonic fan game have the same kinda shit, that is reading processes and window names as an anticheat measure, leading to it being classified as malware?

I just buy Epic Games off Humble so I don't have to have them have my card information

Man I know exactly the fangame you're talking about but I can't place the name of it. I remember it wasn't even a good game, too, aggressively protecting a mediocre fan-game.

>league of legends
>riot owned by tencent
o-oh

It was Sonic Gather Battle. If it detected cheats it would send your information to the developer's computer.