Autstic PC building problems

>buy new graphics card
>suddenly for some reason second monitor doesn't work anymore
>tried everything I can until a new cable arrives
>mfw that might not even work
Post times things went wrong when you were building so I don't feel retarded alone.

Attached: 1532447460548.jpg (1280x1296, 121K)

Have you tried windows display settings

Yeah, I haven't found a solution yet, my guess is my new GPU doesn't like the cable I was using before, my second monitor is a shitty old one and only has a VGA port so I have to do a VGA to HDMI conversion, I bought a cheap DP to VGA that should arrive tomorrow to see if that would help at all. The worst part is that it's recognized by Windows, it's just not sending a signal.

I've built 4 PCs (first one being in 1998), and I never had a single issue other than shipping-related, nor ever had any PC hardware break either (heck, only hardware of some kind ever had break is some old VHS players, an ancient CRT TV, a fridge from the 80s, and my fat PS3). I guess other than some fans going noisy on a PC that ran for over 10 years 24/7 without other issues.

Attached: 1545218059560.gif (540x540, 168K)

Yeah, that's some garbage. I would avoid VGA as much as possible since current gen hardware is doing its best to remove all compatibility.

Next time I get paid I plan on buying another of my main monitors, but right now I'm using an old HP 1440x900 monitor just so I can throw up shit on the side while I play games, I feel pretty handicapped with only one monitor at the moment.

Converter of some kind would be a big mistake anyway (display lag), and adapters assume the card supports analog signals in the first place and that's been gradually going away in the past decade.

I kinda miss my old ancient GPU with native s-video output for lagless emulator experience on a CRT TV. But for anything but that, can't say I need this anymore.

For some reason i thought i could hot plugin a diskette drive. It got fried.

Christ, maybe I should look into that, I was using a 660 before and now I have a 1070, might be time for me to abandon this old monitor

That's what I did as well when I got my 1070 upgrading from my 560ti. But I upgraded with full knowledge that it wouldn't work so can't say I got burned by that.

>update driver
>old game doesn't work
Blasted! you were supposed to improve support not destroy it!

Attached: force_notwithyou.jpg (113x121, 4K)

>go to support forums
>have you tried downgrading your drivers?

Digital to analog is never entirely lagless, it's just much less so when you do it through the GPU hardware and not through HDMI or displayport because of frame buffers and power limits

it's not much different than a console doing it, it wasn't really a conversion

that's some old card that didn't even do digital

I know, but my point is that it is not lagless; any operation takes time. In theory I think OLED digital -> digital would actually be the most responsive, but we are already talking about small differences that matter much less than framerate

Nice blog fag no one gives a shit

Of course it does, even a longer cable adds lag, but it's a matter of where it starts to be noticeable.

this is literally a blog thread where OP asked for people to share their experience after making an entry in his own blog

>computer running fine for years
>one day stops booting
>sata port 1 no longer recognising my main drive
>main drive works fine on every other sata port
>other drives work fine on sata port 1
>this ONE drive no longer works on this ONE sata port for some unknown reason

to this day I still don't know why or how this specific drive stopped working with this specific port, it still irks me even though it's a non-issue because I have 10 sata ports on my board

Your older monitor is not compatible with your GPU, same happened to me, worked with the MB graphics, connected it to the gpu, installed the drivers and it stopped working, switched cables nothing worked . Get a new monitor.

Electric surge fuckery combined with age and faulty materials fried your port, most likely.
I used to run my potato pc with the second RAM channel fried, because I killed it one day trying to boot it when the PSU died.
Oh, the power surge wiped my HDD in the process as well. R.I.P. 300 pics from my school trip to Seville, I hardly knew ye.

Have you tried turning your computer off and on again?

Attached: 1568570467524.jpg (1846x966, 362K)

But every other drive STILL WORKS in that port. The port only doesn't work with my main install drive, which works in every other port.
Literally only that combination of drive and port no longer works. I even have another SSD of the same model that works in the fucky port.

>tfw your old hdd still theorically works but you no longer have IDE-anything to plug it in and recover some ancient pictures given the PC itself is fucked
I mean I could buy a cheap enclosure but ehh

I'm going to put a TPM in my PC because why not.

Also I regret not getting a 300-series motherboard so I can use an 8086K.