Why aren't you playing Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana?

Why aren't you playing Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana?

here's a taste of the music : youtube.com/watch?v=NHbAv2nDDoI

Attached: 1537471235644.png (1262x708, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/X0CH85QYn6M
youtube.com/watch?v=JPwslyPCBZU
youtube.com/watch?v=svvPZnlEFxQ&list=PLzFTGYa_evXgZhRplHCWfaxGp3X2C-3Pp&index=8
youtu.be/dNgph1g422Q
youtube.com/watch?v=xogTY-BvV6s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because I already beat it, OP. Also Dana is best girl.

I finished it. Dont feel like replaying it.

My computer can't run it but I have a ps vita. Do you still recommend it?

Already completed it.
Still waiting for that western Ys 9 announcement. Quite tempted to get it in Japanese, it's not like you have to understand a lot in these games.

Attached: ys8.png (1920x1080, 2.45M)

Dana is the best.

Attached: 63807357_p0.jpg (800x785, 346K)

Cause I already platinumed it twice, PS4/V.

It's OKish, but you'll miss lots of content. Get it on PC or PS4 instead. ONLY IF there is no choice, Vita then.

Is it worse or just shorter on vita? If I play it on vita now and maybe in a couple years I replay it on PC, am I somehow ruining my experience?

>Is it worse or just shorter on vita?
Both.

>Why aren't you playing Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana?

Already beaten it. Got other shit to do so I'm not replaying it. Good game tho.

Attached: Ys VIII -Lacrimosa of DANA-_20190814163845.jpg (3840x2160, 1.32M)

I reserve my time for good games

Even toasters should be able to run this, you have quite some settings to push the GPU requirements down.
The PC version is pretty damn good, just make sure you're on the latest patch since it had a lot of issues initially.

when's IX coming out

Because I already completed it you fucking fag, now lemme get back to playing Lloyd's game.

In Japan? Next week.
For us? No news yet.

>all these great designs
>game actually looks like shit though
I love Dana but goddamn

the graphics are bad but if you can look past that it's a great game

Dana is worth it.

I tried playing the series and the gameplay was so retarded I dropped it instantly.

>do deal damage you have to just ram into the enemy instead of carefully timing a swing

No thanks.

>NISAshit
Nah

I tried playing it on a PSTV and the framerate made me want to vomit. Definitely get it elsewhere.

I dropped it until the retranslation and never got back around to playing it. Was the new translation worth?

It is such a shame we just can't these artstyles incorporated properly ingame.
She will never be seen again though.

It plays OK.
But lacks lot of content available on PS4 (and I suppose PC, I dont know about PC version but it would be stupid for it to be based on the PSV version)

Full LONG dungeon for Dana, for starters.

After million of patches it's finally good.

party based ys is garbage

Did they unfuck the PC version yet? If so I'll pick it up.

yeah it's a crashy pos now

it's not a crashy pos now*

Cool, I'll check it out then.

I'm still playing through the earlier games. Origin is one of the best JRPGs I've ever played.

What did she mean by this?

Attached: 1538602839111.jpg (904x1024, 153K)

go ask your mommy about getting more tendies and then ask her about the birds and bees, stupid
>someone already gave her THE TALK

I'm glad I played this on my ps4 pro instead of the vita. It looks horrible on the vita.

Attached: Ys VIII -Lacrimosa of DANA-_20190808215250.jpg (3840x2160, 798K)

I would but the ps4 version is like 55 bucks

what is this a vita screenshot holy fuck

I picked it up when it was on sale on the PS store back in august. It was 30 bucks then.

>console cuck

Because the pc version crashes so often.

Not a fan of the concept behind non-solo Ys games.

> he didn't grow up with secret of mana

I would be, but I was turned off by the sheer quantity of “DLC” (knickel-and-dime microtransactions for the lazy) it has. That’s usually a warning sign that progression has been fucked with to make a game grindier than it needs to be, and I just don’t feel like giving it a shot right now.

Because its boring as fuck, all you do is run around an island and rescue random people. When do we go somewhere else?

>knickel
Nickel. God damn, I should go to bed if I’m making stupid errors like that.

The music make me feel tired.

>game actually looks like shit though
i really love how colorful it looks, too bad IX went with the grim look while not looking grim at all

It's a nice Ys game, but I'd rather forget Adol has been elevated to literally infalible hero status with the reveal the entire universe is one big dream a goddess has where she felates Adol's adventures and always wants him to succeed.

Adol once getting favored of the smaller twin goddess was alright, but this is absurd.

I honestly hope Ys gets the tales treatment and is remade in UE4.

This, just for that IX looks worse for me than VIII.

give Adol his armor back

Every girl in this game is top tier, even the villagers on the island

Attached: 1lTVhp4oUQVWdKkkF3xpgNTg6xI81IF7n-KT6-jvQnI.jpg (1200x628, 209K)

This is your new Adol.

Attached: Adol_artwork_2.png (600x1200, 185K)

1.- no copies in my country
2.-still at 60 in the psn
3.- No meme machine

he's going through his visual kei phase

if there was one thing I didn't like about this game it was the music. It didn't match the setting.

Ending was bullshit. Just remembering it disincentivizes me from replaying it. Besides, I already beat the game and extra dungeons on Inferno, no healing items, no food items, Adol only (As in, as soon as Adol dies, I give up and retry) so I don't think the game has much more to offer me.

Stop pirating.

What's with the claws?

What are the best versions of I and II? I'm not a muh grafix zoomer by the way i care about content

Too many Ys games to play first.

Attached: file.png (1979x343, 1.07M)

well play origin first

Steam plays the best (aside from an fps bugged boss which makes him much harder)
Pc Engine has the most soul (artstyle, graphics, voice acting)

He grapples to things with them. Also there's an animal theme this time

Currently playing it. I'm exploring the very lat bit of the map. Now I understand the people talking about ADVENTURE. It really does feel like that. I rarely get immersed that much in a game. I got so autistic I started composing parties depending on the task to have them stay in character. Also other shit like choosing when to fast travel and when to drudge through the map. I really love this game.

Alsp Laxia best girl, but Dana comes close with just how nice she is without being a doormat.

What's their excuse again for not making all the costumes available on PS4 as DLC (and not thinking about localising the games)? Do they not want my filthy gaijing money?

Attached: laxia.jpg (357x886, 84K)

Wait, I thought that the point of the dream was to kickstart the evolution of species.

Because I've already played it and it sucks a wall of dicks.

for me it's White Cat

Attached: 1546053718539.jpg (1310x952, 593K)

I wish Laxia in game model was equipped so well.
Is it normal that game sometimes hardly drop from 60fps on 1050ti?

I own the game on steam and it still doesn't work on my PC. I saw somewhere that I might have to disable cpu cores or something, but I ain't doing that shit.

Attached: 1568641243720.png (622x621, 772K)

And too many versions.
Yes the PC remakes look good but I love the artwork and music for the Turbografx CD versions

I heard bad things about NISA fucking the game up

>PC port is ass
>switch port is expensive and underwhelming
>PS4 port is best but still expensive and catering to Snoy
Guess I'm never gonna get to play this. I'll wait for Ys IX.

>Adol has been elevated
He couldn't save the main girl, unlike past entries

>and catering to Snoy
what?

I've only played Origin and the gameplay was a blast. Story was shit though.

what happened to this man

Still gotta beat Theos de Endogram, then do the epilogue and post-game dungeon (Inferno/no healing for bosses).
TdE's second phase kinda fucked me up last time I tried even though it doesn't seem very hard in principle.
>gameplay was a blast
Might enjoy Oath in Felghana then, there's more of that in there. Very cheap during sales, too.

Attached: yunica.jpg (2480x3507, 882K)

They did a patch to improve the translation

>the best ys game doesnt have adol as playable
weird

You play as Adol in Oath in Felghana though.

Attached: thonk spinner.gif (320x320, 240K)

it's not grindy at all. dlc is mostly costumes.

nightmare and inferno might be a bit grindy if you aren't feeling like gitting gud.

Game is done retard.

>They did a patch to improve the translation

wasn't that like 3-4 months after release?

Yeah, but if you're just now playing it then it doesn't make a difference

played and beat it already since i bought it at launch.
though thinking about playing through it again since they did that overhaul translation patch or whatever.

I have it on my vita but it runs like shit. Feels bad.

Because the newer Ys games suck shit compared to some of the older ones and the PC version is absolutely broken.

>Yeah, but if you're just now playing it then it doesn't make a difference

true but that makes me worried about other NISA games (namely Cold Steel 3) where they can release a half assed translation and then fix it up months later

Hey guys, I'm about to blow your mind : you ready ?
Katrin's basically how Falcom would design female Osborne

Attached: Continental Chad.png (759x795, 233K)

What do you guys think about Ys ix?
youtu.be/X0CH85QYn6M
Howndo you feel about edgy Adol?

I played with laxia wearing a swimsuit the entire game

>tfw no version on switch or vita

>He couldn't save the main girl,
Eh what? The goddess literally rescues and makes her into a goddess exactly becuase you made Adol score good relationship points with everyone.

wrong

Attached: pure maiden.png (1920x1080, 3.15M)

The goddess literally says she enjoys her dream, the world itself, because she gets to enjoy Adol adventures. That's pretty much player thoughts made into a character.

shit sale on steam. I've already gone through the entire game with the pirate version, now I'm waiting for a justifiable price. 38 dollars is steep af for any game on steam, if it's 25 or so I'll buy it.

Good taste

just /nintendogaf/ manchildren making shit up to be mad at big bad sony for peeing on their lawn, kicking their dog, and stealing their cookies.

>What do you guys think about Ys ix?
I'm thinking the wait will kill me, but hopefully Falcom will begin talks with Western publishers soon after the game is released in Japan.
Apart from that, if the game is mostly like Ys VIII I'll take it. Would be even better if it was more like Felghana/Origin, of course.
The character designs don't exactly look thrilling, though. Like Kiseki-rejects.
>cow girl with cow tits
Okay, I make an exception for her.

Attached: ys_ix_cowgirl.jpg (600x967, 99K)

Does the PC version have all those platform exclusive DLC?
Screw Falcom for even thinking this was the slightest bit of a good idea.

>cow girl
She's obviously a bull girl

I did! I've loved almost every Ys game except for the obvious ones like Wanderers and Kefin, but this is probably the happiest I've ever been with the series. It picks up where Celceta left off in really elevating the series into feeling like you're on a cool adventure in a place that could reasonably exist (with magical caveats), but with none of that game's baggage like the hideous art direction, untenable bosses and poorly paced first half in general.

IX looks like they bit off more than they could chew with the huge environments, but I'm really interested in seeing what they do with the platforming and navigation mechanics.

Can't wait to get it. I already got charged for it, so I will probably not be able to play for another month.

Is it like Celceta where you're supposed to play on hard from the start?

>bull girl
I do not like the implication of that.
Anyway, she'll be in my party and I will probably be using her even when the weapon type system does not force me to (unlike Sahad and Dogi).

Would I also enjoy VI? I've heard that one was also similar to Origin. Should I skip it?

I couldn't lads
I couldn't do it.
I couldn't protect that smile.
The fucking melancholic end credits song
youtube.com/watch?v=JPwslyPCBZU
This image at the end credits just felt like a fucking punch in the guts.

Fuck it all. Let me listen to this song, and let the idle hope die in it.

Attached: dana1554545697767.png (1920x1080, 2.45M)

It uses the same engine as Felghana and Origin and was actually the one to introduce it. Because of that it is less polished than those two. Bosses in particular just feel a bit sloppy.
But it's still very enjoyable and I'd recommend it for the soundtrack alone.
youtube.com/watch?v=svvPZnlEFxQ&list=PLzFTGYa_evXgZhRplHCWfaxGp3X2C-3Pp&index=8

>Ys just keeps digging deeper on it's grave by turning into some literal haremshit garbage when it was just some guy with armor shield and sword taking on island destroying threats while soulful rock music played
How do I wake up from this terrible nightmare? Is this cold steel's fault?

Attached: 1561987012499.jpg (737x556, 109K)

>Is this cold steel's fault?
Yes, but Adol always had ladies wanting his dick.

youtu.be/dNgph1g422Q

Was working on 100%ing the PS4 JP version last night a bit. Already did this with PC version, and have played through the vita version as well (also want to 100% that as well).

Why would I do this?

Because game has the cutest damn chocolate loli ever! (playable even) It is also pretty fun gameplay-wise/JRPG-wise

Attached: Ys 8 - Ricotta gahaha.jpg (3840x2160, 1.16M)

After falcom tried to hype her so much I really expected her to join adol on a few more adventures

Attached: JUST.png (600x640, 531K)

That is true, but they never participated as much in the game itself, most of the time they were at best just damsels in distress.

Is the Vita version worth getting?

It's okay but keep in mind that it's the incomplete version.

>most of the time they were at best just damsels in distress
Better as harem members that are with Adol and fighting with him rather than dead weight that need to be saved.

I don't like Flash Guard or Flash Dodge.

>I'm glad I played this on my ps4 pro instead of the vita. It looks horrible on the vita.

So much agree. I hate small screens in general too, so when I first played the JP Vita version (before the PS4 version came out), I played it on a large 55" 4k TV... you wanna talk about pixelated...

Thankfully the PS4 and PC versions came out later and can enjoy in 4k even on a 55". Hell, I've even done 8k upscaling on the PC version.

Attached: Ys 8 - Ricotta 8k upscale 01.jpg (7680x4320, 2.51M)

Only real reason to get the Vita version is for the exclusive outfits, which are pretty good, and of course if you wanna play it on the go. Although, supposedly a mobile version is in the works too.

Pic related is the vita version with Ricotta in a pirate's outfit.

Attached: Ys 8 - ricotta chan pirate outfit 01.jpg (960x544, 271K)

Well that is your opinion and mine is fuck that shit, most recent Ys games are easy as fuck since atleast one of the characters is broken and then it's just a matter of you forcing yourself to not play optimally for the game to be hard, I don't even care about haremettes that much, but this party style kind of play has to go. Just make them the hero already and have you get to play them through all the game.

Ehh, I didn't dislike Ys 8 at all. I didn't felt the Harem shit quite as bad as people say, waifu perhaps but Adol is as pure as ever and it's not like women of all kinds pining for Adol was out of character for the series. Soulful rock music is still here, that never left. If anything the music in Y8 matches the setting better which is a huge plus.

I already beat it, and I wanted to play NG+ with the item you get from the bonus dungeon that lets you modify your party size but it didn't work like how I thought it would and I couldn't be bothered to play it again. The bonus dungeon for Dana and revisiting it in Adol's timeline was great except the part where you have to sink underwater, that is just plain cancer and I wish the game was more like that in general.

Attached: 123987129311.png (1725x1035, 3.77M)

The pirate outfits are in the switch version as well

Adol’s outfit in celceta was the best one.

Damn, that's one of the most significant downgrades I've seen on the Vita. Should consider the Steam version then.
Incomplete how?

Oh, I didn't know that. I'm not a nintendy. Does switch have the swimsuit outfits too?

Attached: Ys 8 - ricotta - swimsuit 01.jpg (547x774, 317K)

Yeah, it has those too.

But I am playing VIII, along with Celceta. Why do the bosses in Celceta have so much HP. The first boss alone has a ridiculous amount.

How is the switch port?

Wow, wtf, that makes me so mad! It also makes no sense. The only reason to not put the outfits in the PS4 + PC versions would be to make people buy the vita version. But if it is on switch, then there is also NO reason not to put the outfits on PC+PS4 and enjoy them in 4k!
REEEEEEEEEE!!!

Has anyone been watching the TGS, did they announce the mobile version release date yet?

Attached: Ys 8 - ricotta.jpg (271x327, 84K)

Yeah I don't have any idea why they're not on PS4 and PC, seems like a weird move

I played it on switch and enjoyed it a lot, but if you're not planning to play in handheld mode then I'd say get it on PC or PS4

Harems are fine but keep chadols GFs out of fighting.

at least she finally got what she really wanted in the end.

Attached: download.jpg (1024x576, 140K)

Is it worth it to pick up the Switch version if I already have the Vita version but haven't delved into it?

I'd say yes, the sections where you play as Dana aren't in the Vita version and they help flesh out the story quite a bit

>be Falcom
>makes Ys 8
>make the cutest chocolate loli char ever
>forces me to buy the game 5 times (2x vita [lost one copy], ps4, PC, and upcoming mobile version [all at full price])
>just now watch the TGS trailer for Ys 9
>no cute loli char this time

I guess Falcom hates money

Attached: Ys 8 - Ricotta - Anime Ver 02.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

It doesn't have the parts when you play as Dana

Vita does have Dana parts, just not as many, and no extra NG+ dungeon. But really they aren't massively different.

Still, I'd say go with PS4, PC, or switch I guess. Keep in mind PC version still has crash issues and such unless you are on win10 (supposedly crashes less).

Attached: Ys 8 - Ricotta - Puffy vulva 01.jpg (3840x2160, 747K)

Im waiting for the superior mobile version

Best song in the game
youtube.com/watch?v=xogTY-BvV6s

Attached: remi guitar.gif (506x285, 2.19M)

that overall strap always looks close to coming off

I am. I'm on a NG+ Infinity Mode + Hard (I'm just about to get to the great tree and kick off the "Endless Raids"), but when I realized that I could only to the optional dungeon by loading my complete game save before the last boss and THEN going back to the capital (instead of in during the NG+ itself), I went back to finish that instead.

I almost regretted checking the Infinity Mode option on my NG+ when I got to some of the boss fights with Dana. The Gratika boss was an absolute kick in the nuts (low damage output + slow as fuck character + boss '20+' levels higher that you = suffering), and the beast in the fog as well as the Luminous boss (webm related) were almost as bad but they were slightly more manageable.

Attached: ys8 what the fuark [91% HP attack].webm (720x404, 3M)

Why didn't you protect her smile?

The Dana dungeon was made with the PS4 in mind. That's why it has larger more detailed zones and less restrictive mechanics than the base game, which is designed to work on a Vita.

Ys 9 is all that.

One of the best little touches of her entire char design. Sadly it never comes off...

Attached: Ys 8 - Ricotta - Anime Ver 01.jpg (3840x2160, 553K)

was about to post that bgm. Based user.

Attached: SIPS.jpg (666x670, 259K)

GIVE ME YS 9 NOW YOU FUCKING JAPS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also dana can't switch her forms after you finally meet her from what I can remember

I'm finishing the second one on the PC Engine, i think they're the best classic versions.

Attached: RetroArch 2019.04.21 - 01.04.12.01.webm (600x476, 2.81M)

Because I beat it a few weeks ago and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I will always love you Dana, and I will never forget you.

Attached: EED4LXlVUAAK1iv.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

maybe she'll appear as a goddess again

I played 8 without having played any other game in the franchise and it worked fine on my machine.

Attached: EDeKHX2U4AEaXRO.jpg (1920x1080, 333K)

My experience with the game was weird.
I started REALLY enjoying it.
Then little by little my enjoying went down, till you get the unconscious blue hair girl back to the village, and then right there I uninstalled the game.
Not even sure why, I just stopped caring, but I plan on reinstalling and finishing up cuz I'm pretty sure I dont have much left.
I guess the problem is that its too long for the plot its presenting. Most of the game you just exploring around till you ACTUALLY get the plot going.
In fact the stranded part is what made me interested in the first place, but it burned me out as well.

I did. You are late to the party.

Attached: 20181003_062226.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

Honestly. THis game was really good. Its fast, its rather big if you are trying to 100% it. It encourages people to explore the world.

should I buy ysviii on switch or pc?

On PC it's either "werks on my machine" or just constant crashing and shit performance despite being patched a million times. In the entirety of the game I crashed 4 times total and they all happened during cut scenes. Switch version has all the costumes I think but it's locked to 30 fps

I remember the first time I did the Luminous boss; it kicked my ass instantly. Had a lot of fun with it.

Yeah I'm glad 9 isn't going to have Vita limitations this time. Pretty much everything that was added after the Vita version I had a significantly better experience with compared to the base game.

Attached: 12938129378123712.png (1879x1075, 3.56M)

It honestly wouldn't be shit if they removed fucking flash move and fucking flash guard

Ricotta is such a good girl

Best fight in the game, hands down.

indeed she is

Attached: 1546075328305.png (550x700, 446K)

impressive

cloaca

Attached: __dana_ys_viii_lacrimosa_of_dana_and_etc_drawn_by_oto_falcom__5c693d5872a4076ad7b83eea6e28e358.jpg (650x974, 534K)

Good taste

She is good at sucking dick too, so very good girl.

Attached: Ys 8 - ricotta chan dibs 4k 01.jpg (3840x2160, 789K)

But I am OP. Also Oath of Felghana is overrated. I don't understand why it gets so much praise when it has some very questionable boss designs. Ark had it as well but it doesn't get praised to high heaven.

What do you think of Adol having long hair and being edgy now? He is even called the "red king". I love it.

I've never had ricotta. Is it any good?

not really a fan, but the combat looks good as usual. i'd be happier if they brought back the wholesome adol from celceta.

Oath has the god tier Chester 2 and Galbalan fight plus some of the best areas in the entire series, but I agree it has some pretty bad bosses

Ark is pretty bad in general, I agree

Origin has the best bosses in the entire series and some fantastic areas and it's the best game in my opinion

>calling dibs in Japanese is "spitting on something"

man I'm learning all these expressions and they're all weird as fuck.