Fantasy or Science-Fiction?

Fantasy or Science-Fiction?

Attached: 1559173881726.png (1200x1501, 2.23M)

Both

Attached: shadowruntvt_1996.jpg (350x471, 57K)

pure fucking realism.

Dragon Age Origins was better than Mass Effect.

No

this nigga knows whats up

Attached: M&M7 blasters.png (640x479, 324K)

Both. DA:O was better tho.

Both
Shame this genre died because everything wants to look like LotR and StarWhatever

Attached: 6a31a175e85cccb94ef2253032b3e83b.jpg (456x750, 76K)

I like both, but prefer fantasy.

Attached: bigfuckingbird.jpg (1920x1080, 523K)

It wasn't. Mass Effect had better gameplay, graphics, music, cutscenes, and better looking character models. Origins had better party interactions and was longer, but that's about all it does better.

Mass Effect is a shitawful RPG you mindlessly choose the top or bottom choice for good/evil points and watch Shepard say whatever Bioware voiced him to rather than what's written. Mass Effect is the start of the decline for Bioware and Dragon Age Origins is their swan song with the last bit of soul they could muster.

Mass Effect predates Dragon Age though, and voiced lines isn't an issue. The only reason Dragon Age probably didn't have it is because it had a lot of options to pick from. A voiced protagonist in an actual RPG helps give them relate-able characterization.

Find a flaw.

Attached: Morrigan_profile.jpg (468x642, 68K)

Both

Attached: JediKnight-cover.jpg (320x409, 137K)

>A voiced protagonist in an actual RPG helps give them relate-able characterization.
there are no actual RPGs with voiced protagonists.

You don't get a lot of options with a voiced character ever you get Mass Effect and Fallout 4 at best

Not Leliana.

>Origins had better party interactions and was longer, but that's about all it does better.
Apart from the characters, setting, writing, narrative, and game structure and design as a whole.

>Mass Effect predates Dragon Age though
So? Mass Effect is just KotOR but worse, with technobabble to stand in for the Force.

Where my /magitek/ bros at?

>game structure and design
DAO had far too much cut content to be considered to have better structure and design than Mass Effect.

Sci-Fi in theory, but High Fantasy in practice. Trouble is, HF has been done to death. There are no good Sci-Fi RPGs aside from Mass Effect and KotOR.

Attached: 1568309545095.jpg (905x881, 266K)

Didn't participate enough in inquisition.
Here's to hoping DA4 is at least passable.

What cut content? It's 10 hours longer than Mass Effect at least not even counting the DLC

What are you talking about? Mass Effect's structure is all over the place, the pacing is fucked. It's the worst implementation of the Bioware Formula of any of their games.

Her tent is always cold

She doesn't brush her teeth

Base game content with things that were clearly removed before launch. Nothing extremely massive, but easily noticeable that still exists in the games files and can easily get restored with mods. There's also stuff like being able to open locked chests without a rogue, and completely restoring all of Morrigans cut lines, scenes, and interactions with party members and the protagonist. Just a lot of things that seemed to get cut for no real reason.

Attached: 1543606180329.png (1045x740, 194K)

And Dragon Age has no real structure either, and fails to even take time into account despite time clearly not being ont he players side
>the darkspawn are at our doorstep! we have no time for petty squabbles and civil wars!
>takes 2 weeks to just get from Orzammar to the circle tower, and the player has to make constant treks across Ferelden for various trivial things
Logically the Blight would have happened and killed everybody.

Nothing there is important.

>And Dragon Age has no real structure either, and fails to even take time into account despite time clearly not being ont he players side
So did you not actually play the game, or are you just retarded?

Hold on there friendo. If you want an action game, go play Skyrim. Saying options in an RPG are not important is like saying a driving sim doesn't need realistic tyre squeal, or that shooter games don't need varied weapons. It's just fucking dumb. The whole point of a game like DA:O is player freedom, and choice>consequence. If none of that is important, then the entire purpose of the game is moot.

Attached: e8a804e00a73a2e1afdf3604049c283f9aa1aa95505bac07bbdcc1483e1f8b35.png (544x572, 223K)

Fantasy. Somehow I can digest a guy waving a wand to open a portal to another dimension than a guy opening a portal to another dimension while spouting mumbo jumbo science horseshit easier

>>Nothing extremely massive
>>Nothing there is important
>H-hold on, any cut content at all means the game is garbage!
Are you illiterate?

Attached: 1519939884736.jpg (907x778, 72K)

Every game has cut content and by the looks of that list it's restorable with a patch if you want it

Please explain to me how the game properly handles the passage of time, then. The game even tells you that the distance between The Dwarf Capital and the Circle Tower is at least two weeks
>oh yeah, the darkspawn can wait lets deliver termination notices to some mage is orzammar for the fucking mage liason in denerim really quickly
At least Mass Effect hand waves this with warp travel and it makes sense in universe.

Not every game completely removes things like Dragon Age did, though. And Mass Effect hardly has any cut content that is even remotely meaningful, like actual dialogue options and the like. Most of it were weapons and codex entries. It didn't completely gut gameplay features and party members like Origins.

Origins was in development from 2002 to 2009 there's a lot more cut from that game than we'll ever know it was a bigger project with more ideas than Mass Effect being thrown around.

>The game even tells you that the distance between The Dwarf Capital and the Circle Tower is at least two weeks
Yeah, and it also tells you that Blights take place over the course of decades. Canonically, the Origins campaign takes place over a year; a couple of weeks here and there aren't going to make a difference. Resolving the civil war is a matter of keeping Ferelden with enough strength to resist the darkspawn, which is explicitly why you need to complete the treaty quests for allies and win the Landsmeet.

>At least Mass Effect hand waves this with warp travel and it makes sense in universe.
Yes, it makes perfect sense that you can fuck around half the galaxy prospecting and resolving irrelevant sidequests while you are both a fugitive from your own government and literally racing the villain to the endgame. Because muh warp travel.

>Mass Effect literally cut half the galaxy exploration
>this is fine
>Dragon Age cuts some character dialogue
>"completely gutting gameplay features and party members"
Stop defending your shitty game, Drew. Don't you have an MMO to be working on?

>Yeah, and it also tells you that Blights take place over the course of decades.
Which is wrong because DAO specifically states otherwise. Blights are even getting shorter, in universe because the strongest old gods awakened first, the weaker ones woke up later. in DAO the 5th blight ended within a year.

>Mass Effect literally cut half the galaxy exploration
as a concept or actual content that was in game then got removed? Cut concepts is not cut content. It actually had to be implemented first then removed in order to be considered cut content.

Are you illiterate, or just retarded?

The fifth blight only ended because of luck and Flemeth it could have dragged on for years with Ferelden completely overrun without the warden and Alistair stepping up.

Are you actually going to give an argument or not? Because nothing I said is wrong. Not all blights last decades, the game states this much. Only the first two did. The 3rd and 4th were exactly one decade at best, the 5th one ended within one one year, now answer my question about how Origins properly handled the passage of time in regards to how long it takes to travel + an impending blight.

Semantics, but I digress. A lot of the planets were implemented at some level, they even reused one for Bring Down the Sky.

It still doesn't make the content cut from Origins constitute "completely gutting gameplay features and party members"

>>The 3rd and 4th were exactly one decade at best
>Third Blight: fifteen years
>Fourth Blight: twelve years
>>Exactly one decade at best
So, illiterate. That's good to know.

>now answer my question about how Origins properly handled the passage of time in regards to how long it takes to travel + an impending blight.
I already have, in case you've forgotten, but I guess pretending to have no memory is an easy excuse not to have to answer Mind answering how it makes sense that in ME you can fuck around for as long as you want when you're supposed to be racing Saren to Ilos? But muh warp travel.

>I already have,
But you haven't and you even proved yourself wrong when you said blights all last decades, only the first two lasted daces. The 5th one didn't even last one year. Now answer the question.

Both

Attached: warhammer-40k-warhammer-40000-eldar-eldary-wraithguard-prizr.jpg (1332x850, 243K)

>>take place over the course of
Learn what words mean, you disingenous nigger.

>It still doesn't make the content cut from Origins constitute "completely gutting gameplay features and party members"
It removed multiple dialogue and interaction from multiple characters, removed gameplay features, and even cut options like being able to actually get rid of people you didn't want, like turning Morrigan in as an Apostate to the Templar.
>Semantics
Except that it isn't. If it was never actually implemented, it isn't cut content, it's nothing more than a concept. Also source? I can't find anything on my own about this.

>People prefering ME over DA:O
Its easy to see why since DA had an early death when compared to ME

>over the course of
Maybe you need to learn how English works, because "over the course of" relates to its start and end. The 5th blight did not last even one full year in universe.
i.e: "I took medication for my migraines over the course of 5 months" Means that you took medication starting 5 months ago when ending after a 5 month period. If you say something lasted over the course of one year, it lasted one year from start to finish. "Over the Course also works as "In or during the process of."

Now that the literacy lesson is over, answer the question.

Wow, the game has some cut dialogue and options. Explain to me how that constitutes "gutting" them.

>Except that it isn't.
No, I'm not talking about things that were cut entirely at the concept stage; I just wanted to head off a pointless argument about what constituted "implemented" content.
>Also source?
Use Google, it isn't that fucking hard.

>Use Google
I have, I found nothing regarding actual cut content regarding galaxy exploration. A source would be nice.
> I just wanted to head off a pointless argument about what constituted "implemented" content.
That sounds like a personal issue where you want to just call it cut content because it was int he conceptual stage but was never actually realized during development. Do you not know what constitutes cut content?
>Explain to me how that constitutes "gutting" them.
Because completely removing a sizeable amount of character dialogue, interactions, and gameplay features is totally not just gutting them?

Fantasy
Sci-Fi is soulless

Anyone who says otherwise just hates RPGs but actually believes that Mass Effect is one.

Her sexy sounding voice comes from a batshit insane far leftist twitter mom.

Literally this

Literally used goods, but given that all the straights options are, she is the best pick.

Both are cool but I tend more towards Fantasy.
There's just something really comfy about it, more comfy than space itself, which is comfy too being in your ship and looking out the window and see the entire universe but fantasy just has more of a nostalgic feel for me.

Attached: 1544815240222.jpg (1250x1307, 193K)

Does anyone encounter a lot of problems with ME1 on Origins?
Like half the time I cant zoom in with my weapon and have to alt tab a bunch of times to get it to work.
Does the Steam version have these problems, does anyone know?

If someone is unused goods at 25+ then there is something severely wrong with them and you'd want to avoid these people just as much as people who have too much sex.

Fantasy, because nobody does real science fiction these days.

turn off the overlay

>Maybe you need to learn how English works, because "over the course of" relates to its start and end.
Yes, thank-you for defining something which I already know. Seeing as the first, second, third and fourth blights (the ones I was referring to) all lasted longer than a singular decade, I'm wrong how, exactly?
>The 5th blight did not last even one full year in universe.
Because it's the one you resolve in the game itself, you disingenuous fuck, as someone else (who you chose to ignore, for some mysterious reason) has already pointed out to you.
And you know what? If we weren't too busy being bogged down by semantics, you'd realise this defeats your own argument because since that's the case, spending a couple weeks running back and forth clearly doesn't matter in the end.

>Now that the literacy lesson is over, answer the question.
Right after you explain how it makes sense that in ME you can fuck around for as long as you want when you're supposed to be racing Saren to Ilos, since you brought it up first.

>nobody does real science fiction these days.

Attached: death-stranding-game-has-already-begun-kojima-productions.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 58K)

Morrigan is younger than Alistair, who is 19 at Origins.

So no, she is not in her mid twenties, and it wouldnt be weird at all for an 17-18 year old living in the middle of a swamp with her crazy and powerful mother to be a virgin.

excuse me this is not a science fiction game this is a strand game, please be more respectful to kojima-san in the future.

Sci-Fi is just fantasy with a better aesthetic.

Not sucking my dick rn
I think it was fine the way it was, what we got from her was good and let's not forget that she fights a dragon 1v1 (and gets memed on because there has to be a final boss for you to fight but it was still nice, was her first time using the dragon form after all) but she did save your ass there

>I'm wrong how, exactly?
Because you said blights all last decades (plural) in while promptly then trying to prove me wrong about how the most recent ones only lasted little more than a decade in . You even proved yourself wrong and didn't even seem to realize it.
>Because it's the one you resolve in the game itself
How the hell is this supposed to change anything, you ass blasted moron? This answers nothing that I asked.
>spending a couple weeks running back and forth clearly doesn't matter in the end.
Couple weeks? This alone in DAO is considered to be two weeks and 4 days in universe.
>Right after you explain how it makes sense that in ME you can fuck around for as long as you want when you're supposed to be racing Saren to Ilos, since you brought it up first.
Missions don't take long and travel between points of interest is hand waved around with warp travel, I already stated this in . You obviously aren't even actually reading my posts at this point, and it seems like you never did to begin with.

>Morrigan is younger than Alistair
That's just blatantly not true user and I don't know where you get this from.

Now that I check for myself, it looks like most of the links are BSN and now dead. I apologise, user. You can still find out about some of what I mentioned, though, like a completely reworked Therum.

>Because completely removing a sizeable amount of character dialogue, interactions, and gameplay features is totally not just gutting them?
>>sizeable amount
[citation needed]
Why don't you look up what "gutted" means, and then come back?

Morrigan is early 20s, at the youngest.

>Couple weeks? This alone in DAO is considered to be two weeks and 4 days in universe.
Forgot pic

Attached: 1541348521345.png (630x448, 580K)

>[citation needed]
See , which is only one cut content restorer for DAO and doesn't even do all of them.

>Game is a perfect amalgamation of sci-fi and fantasy
Post them.

Attached: geneforge2.png (800x600, 213K)

It wouldn't be weird for someone int heir 20's to do that either, especially during a middle age tier setting and for someone like Morrigan given her circumstances with Flemmeth.

Gaider even said she is nearing her late twenties in DA:O. Can't give you the source though because the source is literally gone from the internet but I believe he deleted the post even before the old forums were gone because he didn't want to force an age on the characters after all because people just complain. Still, going from that to saying she is younger than Alistair is a bit much. She's not that young. And she looks a bit older than 30 in Inquisition.

sci-fi (but not action/fantasy in space)

What the FUCK was her problem?

Attached: Flemeth03.png (999x562, 428K)

They cut less than 40 small interactions from a game with 742,000 words of dialog that's not exactly gutting

Gaider's fucking retarded, and when he said that he was retconning something that's clear in the game through context. He said that because somewhere along the way he decided it was "creepy" that the main characters in Origins were all so young, so they got aged up to their late twenties. Thing is with the new ages Morrigan's and Alistair's backstories don't even make sense, Alistair in particular.

Nothing, Morrigan is just butthurt. Flemmeth is great.

How is that "a significant amount of content", retard? I see a couple of player choices, a couple of minor quest alterations, and beyond that it's all minor dialogue changes for a game where party members have hundreds of lines of dialogue.

Why would Morrigan's not make sense? It would make just as much sense if she was 40 in the game. If all you know is the woods and your insane mother you can't have social competence.

back when I was a an early teenager I would go for fantasy, then I became an idort in my late teenage years, then I became scifist in my early adult years and now as a 30-year old boomer I'm back on the fantasytrain

>Gaider

Attached: Into the trash it goes.jpg (700x479, 42K)

He made her you dumb memer, he would know.

This is true however ME2 and ME3 were better then DA2 and DA3

Fags or Fags

DA:O is unironically one of the best games of all time.

There are lots of good Sci-fi RPGs though, like fallout or underrail. Though if you mean space sci-fi, you're right

The whole point to her character is that she's young and inexperienced, it doesn't make sense if she's just old and sheltered. It's even explicitly mentioned that Flemeth wants to possess her so she can have a 'young' body. My main point was that Alistair's in particular doesn't make sense, as an example that their ageing-up is just a stupid retcon of Gaider's and nothing else.

>What is Dark Sun

Seethe.

>it doesn't make sense if she's just old and sheltered.
Mid 20's isn't old, and Morrigan talked about how she would go around sneaking into nearby human settlements to interact with people once in a while. Nothing about her age is really an issue.

Nothing about her character's point is that she is overly young, literally nothing. You can be around ~25 and still be inexperienced like I just said. And I fail to see how that is old. It is also very possible that Flemeth wanted her body earlier but her will could not be broken because the one receiving the soul has to be 100% willing.

Is there any hope, Yea Forumsros?

Attached: Dragon Age 4.jpg (1280x720, 181K)

Fuck no.

It will be the best RPG ever made

>based Weekes in charge
It's gonna be great

Post-retcon she's supposed to be in her late twenties, which is too old. She's implicitly meant to be among the younger members of the group, along with Alistair, the Warden and (seemingly) Leliana, early twenties at the latest.
>Nothing about her age is really an issue.
I agree, I'm just explaining why Gaider was retarded for wanting to retcon it.

This.

Yes, she is mature and has been exposed to a bunch of shit thanks to being the daughter of a legendary witch, but she is still young and inexperienced, and thats a big part of her character in origins (dont knowing how to handle social interactions or her own feelings, going for the direct retarded aproach of just killing flemeth once she finds out what she plans to do, he whole brattish personality...). Also, like said earlier, the whole plan of Flemeth is to get a new young body, not much of a plan when the young body is 3 decades old.

Her being late twenties or early thirties makes as much sense as Alistair being that old.

>A hot body in its late twenties is not an improvement over a thousand years old granny body
?!?!

System Shock 2, Prey, Eve Online.

Based and Preypilled.

Attached: Prey.webm (854x480, 2.96M)

>Retcon
How can you retcon something that was never officially established?

It will sell alright, but not enough.
Everyone will whine about SJWism but will still play it.

>but she is still young and inexperienced
No just inexperienced.
Also if anything "makes no sense" then it's Flemeth sending her to have a demon babby that she (Flemeth) wants when she could just possesss her and do it herself. But that does in fact make sense because she simply didn't manage to possess her yet, her willpower is too strong. That's not a le retcon that comes with DA:I either, there are robes especially made for Morri in Flemeth's place that are designed to lower her willpower. And it still wasn't enough

>Inquisition
>Canon

If this somehow ends up being decent, I will eat my shoes. Im that confident that it will be just another nail in BioWares coffin.

It's discussed as such by other people who have no reason to know or believe Flemeth is that old, though.

Whether something's explicitly stated or not isn't relevant for whether it's retconned. It's clear by implication what her rough age is meant to be; Gaider tried to change it long after the fact. It's a retcon, user, just accept it. You know in your heart that it's true.

>Reading comprehension
It holds up even without Inquistion, is what I literally just said you absolute triplenigger.
Also I'm gonna leave for some video games now

> she's young and inexperienced
She looked like she's in her 40s in the first game.

I screencapped this post so I can remind you, user. See you here a week after release.

Imagine actually playing video games
Have fun, user!

I wish 40 yr old woman would look like that.

The only “old” thing she has is her voice, because of Black, but somehow still fits perfectly in the character.

Do it, but it has to be decent. Meaning a game that a bunch of people can enjoy besides the remaining biodrones.
The studio has been dead since mass effect 2, at best we will get another empty mmo single player and then worst we will get another shitfest like Andromeda.

I will gladly eat rubber and cloth in exchange of a decent AAA rpg.

This is the correct opinion to have

Baldur's Gate 2 was better than both. And than KOTOR.

Cope.

Bioware's last 3 games don't give any indication DA4 will be good they just keep getting worse

Alright, deal. Of course I meant it has to be decent and not just something fanboys will enjoy, but I'm not sure a week after release is enough time. Shall we say two weeks, same timezone as now? If it isn't decent I will personally apologise to you and admit my shame.

I genuinely believe it will be good because I trust the people working on this one

>Anthem was shi-

Attached: Anthem Javelin.webm (856x480, 1.93M)

I hope that is bait.

-t. Missed a letter there buddy.

Anyways, what do you people think about GreedFall?

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 361K)

>Anthem, made by the dregs of the ME team long after anyone with any talent had left
>Andromeda, made by a completely new team with no experience because the existing ME team were sick of it and wanted to make something new
>Inquisition, where 90% of the problems can be traced to either the engine (exacerbated because it was their first game on it and had to build pretty much everything themselves) or Gaider and Laidlaw, both of whom are now gone
>once they left and Weekes was in charge with the current team, Inquisition produced by far its best content (the DLC)
Hmmm, I wonder why I don't think the previous games might be an indicator of DAIV...

I haven't played it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
Especially if you can side with an EIC equivalent and then watch everything crash and burn, like in real life.

Played only a little.
Liking it so far.

It's functional, so it's already better than half of Spider's output.

Nope. Origins had better RP elements for sure but the writing, lore and environments are much more compelling in ME.

Attached: 1540961534816.png (1024x728, 1.29M)

>Prey
>RPG
>Good

Don't forget combat.

Deal, lets see if the fifth or sixth try has any success.

Cope.

We have an agreement, user.

Attached: Thumbsup.jpg (301x267, 25K)

>grannies in bioware games are great
What did they mean by this?

DAYUM

Painfully linear/limited. Setting wise, lore wise, story wise its all there. The pieces are all there for a great RPG but you have so little input and choice, which is the biggest shame.

This guy knows what's up.

>playing a game in german
This is why no one likes you.

She looks horrible in Inquisition.

Attached: 1545743773342.png (1000x535, 678K)

She's like 90 in Inquisition she already needed a new body decades before Origins

>If someone is unused goods at 25+ then there is something severely wrong with them
Sure thing, you STD riddled freak.

Dragon Age's fantasy universe was completely devoid of any creativity, so I'd go with Sci-Fi in this case.

Nope.

The Mass Effect series as a whole is much better than Dragon age.

She's an unlikable cunt.

Science fantasy

Sci-fi is better, simply because they seem to be more original. Every fantasy game just follows Tolkien's blueprint. Wish more people would think outside of the box when it comes to fantasy.

>fantasy across the world has many unique races and mythologies to pull from

>every game gives you humans, elves and dwarfs

So sick of this shit.

Attached: Centaur_dawn.jpg (900x1358, 247K)

its because they dont read anything else outside of tolkien.