It's time to discuss the best RPG ever made (Gothic 2)

It's time to discuss the best RPG ever made (Gothic 2)

Attached: gothic2.jpg (1920x1080, 944K)

it's pretty dam gud
I am currently making a new one, just like Gothic

should be released around the end of 2023

tell us everything

Hah?

>everything
I can tell a little, but there is no point in getting people excited over something that far in the future.
Though there will most likely be a kickstarter in 9 months unless I find some other investor. Currently I am still programming all the features to functional state.

The game however, will be a story focused ARPG in the style of Gothic, with a modified Dark Souls style melee combat system in a dense and compact open world. Ranged and magical combat will be a small revolution for the genre. No handholding, no cinematic experiences, no lootboxes or any other money making schemes. Just a single player game you buy once.
Also prepare for asshole NPCs that will do their hardest to fuck you over and take advantage in any way, aside from attacking you.

that's vague but sounds pretty amazing

well, good luck then with your project.
hope we will hear from again some day.
also prepare to do some marketing, if you aint gonna do anything to market the game it will be quickly drowned in the sea of indie shit.

Attached: 1544982876274.jpg (215x235, 6K)

just don't introduce yourself as a dev on Yea Forums, mods are autistically deleting threads like that
and then people wonder why Yea Forums is a shithole
blatant AAA shilling is A-OK but if a small dev introduces himself in an honest manner and asks for input, the thread gets deleted

They do? I never noticed.
for what purpose?

Attached: 1560737062208.jpg (750x823, 90K)

If you do make the game make sure NPCs will just lie. Its something that games just don't really do enough. It wasn't until I played Daggerfall and the NPCs just straight up lied to me about where something was that I realized games have taught players to completely trust information NPCs give.

>another gothic thread by the same obsessed slavshit
fuck off already, nobody cares about your shovelware

there's a board rule against advertisements, that's the excuse
the real reason? fucked if i know

>vague
As stated: no point in talking about details for a product 3 years in the future.
I just wanted to give you guys a nod, gothic hasn't been forgotten and more is on the way.

>do some marketing
Thank you.
I started out with about 2 years of market research about the target audience and the marketing plan is pretty much finished.
Telling you, there will be another game like Gothic is already part of it. Just making sure people don't forget the game.

I didn't open the thread.
I just came here to check on any new developments in vidya.

Are you licensing an engine or using your own?

based

Attached: 1559489100803.jpg (393x450, 32K)

That would certainly part of NPCs being massive fucking faggot towards the player.
Though, within reason, they wouldn't lie when you pay them to teach you stuff or ask for the way to the local store. They only lie when it fits their agenda.

Liscensing, unreal engine, since everything else is just too expensive.
Possibly even a PC and epic store exclusive.

Either way, gotta go.

Just wanted to let you guys know Gothic isn't dead.

Vanilla G2 is utter shit however addon is pure kino.

I just added this game to my wishlist, lads. what makes you enjoy this game more than other rpgs? what makes it special? I bought ELEX and I thought it was an honest attempt but ended up being very boring. if I didn't like ELEX will I like Gothic 2?

Attached: walk with the missus.webm (476x266, 766K)

tobh i think vanilla is more polished, balanced and consistent in tone
i like the NotR content but i'm really glad i first played the game before it

I felt like NotR was a breath of fresh air after tediousness of the main game.

well before the addon it was kino, of course it is shit now. Willing to bet everybody loved it before NOTR though

Attached: image_2019_05_30T07_26_03_233Z.png (2518x1024, 323K)

Elex is very similar in structure but it's nowhere near as good.
I can't promise you'll like it but it's definitely worth a try. Did you play the first Risen? If you didn't like that either, then the games aren't for you.

>best RPG ever made
>you need to name it anyway

Attached: 1562141154494.jpg (342x358, 29K)

>Risen
I didn't play that game because Zero Punctuation said it's bad

Attached: police lady.jpg (736x1308, 122K)

0of

is that the fedora guy?
he can suck a dick

been beating both gothics about once a year since they came out

Just remember to spend time on RPG elements and not too much on combat.

this.
also, UI minimalism seems to help with immersion.
Those small health/mana bars in gothic are really the only thing you will need to know and other stuff like held items and spells ready spells for casting should be told from visual cues (actual distinct models, different spell colors and particles)

gl m8. also, please don't take any advice from reddit.