youtu.be/rtU1MZZCVR4
youtube.com/watch?v=xzMA3JH42uM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: soulless.png (800x600, 11K)

both of them are soulless compared to the original

you must mean
>SOULLESS vs SOULLESS

Attached: de jcab.jpg (1200x600, 87K)

MD could beat HR, but devs needed more time and money to polish and expand that game. It's still great tho.

Attached: 1562614337278.jpg (329x810, 42K)

Human Revolution is good
it fixed the draught of cyberpunk that lasted for years and proved that you can still have good Deus Ex games after the Invisible War sucked
fucking zoomers

i never tried Human Revolution but i want to one day

Attached: i come from a world you may not understand.jpg (773x960, 68K)

MD was really good, but Square Enix forced the game to be cut.

?
youtube.com/watch?v=T9KAJKoR1sA

DeusEx 1 is GOAT< but DE3 and DE4 have great atmosphere, artstyle, solid gameplay and very nice settings- much better than wacky shit from DX1:
>muh illuminati-Bond secret labs, muh ancient spooky crypts

Attached: 1556219930112.jpg (207x253, 8K)

this
I love the gameplay improvements. In spite of retarded design choices like scripted takedowns the HR gameplay formula is still one of my favourites in modern gaming and I'm glad MD expanded on it in smart ways.

for me the worst thing gameplay wise is the overclock means nothing, you can pretty much have all the abilities online

It's in my top10 of all time.
I love that game and completed it like 12 times.
youtube.com/watch?v=Kq5KWLqUewc

It's really, really strong game. Fuck your backlog and play it user.

Attached: 1367517604698.jpg (1024x784, 116K)

that's basically the story of all the western studios under square
>great and gorious nippon devs get a blank check and unlimited time
>western studios are given a stick of bubble gum and impossible deadlines

Attached: 1537668064116.jpg (500x281, 86K)

Both games are shit though.

nippons are kinda retarded, they almost destroyed the japanese videogame industry with the PS3

There is no such thing as soul, you dumbass.

both are pretty soul

(((you)))

Attached: eipwtnj8h0411.jpg (514x796, 158K)

I agree, Overclock might have been a good mechanic if it were more aggressive but it didn't amount to much in the long term. The fact that the game is short exacerbates the issue.

Quality shitpost

Attached: DXMD Talos Rucker.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

you don't know what is love until you save Malik.

Attached: 1428477107120.jpg (2000x1209, 1.15M)

saving Malik implies not getting the Pacifist achievement

Attached: b47.jpg (603x393, 43K)

ADAM

Attached: Badge-edit-7.png (240x240, 226K)

you can reload...
also
>not beating game at least 3 times

Attached: 1474352924624.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

What game?

Attached: scr.jpg (2560x1440, 415K)

soul

Attached: SOUL_KART.jpg (2880x1288, 539K)

Hearts of Iron III

Attached: 1566148988544.png (1920x1080, 1.24M)

I refunded HR after seeing the interface.

I MEANT MD
FUCK

Did they ever fix the horrendus stutter?

in MD? Did not play it at launch, playing now and didn't notice it.
Running it on rtx2060 @1440p.

Attached: demd-key-art.jpg (900x1270, 201K)

i liked malik's personality and she's qt, first time i played HR i kept reloading and redoing it for hours till i pulled it off, found out later she can actually die in that segment. felt good.

fly girl best girl

Jesus Christ MD gets some hate

A criminal past was great

Attached: DXMD Rain 2.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

it's mostly from people that didn't play it though, just TORtanicfags. the story may be cut in half but it's the same length as HR and gameplay-wise, unarguably better

I've always just dismissed it because of all the things i heard at launch. This thread is making me want to go play it tho but i'm still not convinced

>play MD in 2018
>did a complete run of Deus Ex Series last month
>realise don't remember shit about the game even though it was only a year ago

Attached: 1540211027660.jpg (448x545, 34K)

Designs are worse tho. Its aesthetics dont even come close to HR

story is shit
you just fight low level criminals, no real world illuminati conspiracy

What things did you hear? The main campaign was pretty shitty, that is true except for Golem City. Side quests were all terrific and Prague is a good hub to explore.

Attached: DXMD Golem city 1.webm (853x480, 2.77M)

Going through MD DLC's right now, just finished System Rift. Was pretty fun though the fuck happened to Pritchard, fucker looks like he aged 20 years.

What am I in for with Criminal Past?

Helios Original n IW endings > REST

One gigantic fun filled level

Attached: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Screenshot 2018.12.23 - 00.09.45.82.png (1920x1080, 3.51M)

The launch really was the worst part. Squeenix are fucking retarded. Breach mode, microtransactions and the preorderbonuses made for terrible early press.
If you like HR and want more of the same gameplay style though you should definitely pick up MD. It's constantly on sale for like $5 and even with the short length it's worth it.

I like Criminal Past much more. There are more options for completing objectives.

Attached: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Screenshot 2018.12.25 - 01.32.24.49.png (1920x1080, 3.8M)

Imagine being such a casual that you couldn't figure out how to stun everyone and emp the box bots quickly.

Attached: ahh, gomen.jpg (436x467, 49K)

The hardest part is getting all the enemies out of the way before the bots explode.

It's pretty good but I wish the prison segment took a bit longer where you can interact with the prisoners. Also don't take the pill

Attached: 20190820003648_1.jpg (1920x1080, 327K)

FUCK

Attached: DXHR Cheating whore.webm (1920x1080, 2.78M)

KINO all the way through

JEWED

Attached: 20190820031039_1.jpg (1920x1080, 303K)

Mankind Divided is my second fav unfinished game of all time, I loved it.

yes she was a complete bitch, she also made the grey death of the first Deus Ex

the IRC logs between her and page were really funny

I could never get into the modern Deus Ex games, but I can't really put my finger on why

They just lack something special that made the first game so great (and it isn't nostalgia because I played it for the first time about 5-ish years ago)

Attached: 1561960928292.jpg (466x388, 28K)

I still wonder how you can be racist towards people with augments.

>orange tint vs warm glow

MD was better then HR

it's gold not orange, and there's nothing wrong with it, just like there was nothing wrong with sickly green-gray tint in Fallout 3.

It's amazing people bitch about this.

Attached: 1427820764436.jpg (2560x1600, 1.69M)

Just like there's nothing wrong with the green tint in RE5.

Attached: Resident-Evil-5-HD-Xbox-One-1.jpg (1000x1000, 193K)

It's a shame how Adam and Megan never got together in MD, would've been very wholesome

But why not? I took 2 pills and the biocell. Jensen learned from Detroit that stuff just works out so why worry? He's immune to alcohol poisoning you know?

you don't get the cheevo

The people who "hate" DXMD are the people who didnt play it.

Attached: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Eliza Cassan 2.png (1202x832, 1.12M)

If I cared about cheevs I'd just use that steam achievement cheater, if it's still a thing.
Augs make the game fun and having no augs at all takes from that.

it's a bad game
it feels like a third of a complete game

Attached: MD.jpg (344x118, 19K)

I liked the visual design (except for the niggerfication aspects) and music in MD more than HR.

Any of you actually uses other weapons besides handgun, stungun and tranq rifle?

>all the detail and variety within mankind divided
>soulless
>implying it still isn't one of the ONLY thoroughly developed games of this current gen
>hurrrr but muh' story

you faggots are insufferable.

Attached: 878923758092.jpg (399x291, 13K)

>and music
Shit taste user.

Attached: 1367235320132.jpg (419x604, 36K)

The main issue is still the plot, and whoever wrote it misinterpreting why people liked DX:HR.

>Stole your DNA
>Broke up with you
>Caused you to almost die
>Got your dog killed
>Ruined your life with survivor's guilt and grief
>Doesn't even tell you she's alive
>Subjectively implied in a relationship with one of the antagonists
>Partially responsible for the events of DX
Wholesome? Really?

So its an amazing game that was unfortunately cut short due to executive dicking around.

I get it, he's soulless because clones have no soul. That's actually pretty clever, OP, too bad these other idiots won't get it.
Thumbs up, ringed the bell and subscribed.

It's definitely worth playing.
Lower your expectations, be aware that most of the characters barely return at all (relegated to a side quest, easter egg or DLC). It's one huge side quest, not a proper Human Revolution 2.

he is not a clone, cloning technology is still to early from the first DX
the theory is that the Illuminate brainwashed Jensen to be their sleeper agent

>This will never have any payoff
What were they thinking anyway? Why have that as a twist?
Even if they pulled it off, it's very unsatisfying.

Attached: DX Mankind Divided.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

wtf?

Both of the soundtracks are great, and I've listened to both extensively. It might be that HR's is older and I've listened to it more that I find MD's more appealing, but you're gay either way. HR's main theme is definitely better at least.

i somehow missed the eliza siedquest
is it worth to replay just because of it ?

youtu.be/P3iDv0D9T8o

No it's not, they could clone a person right now if they wanted.

absolutely not, just watch a playthrough online

Several conversations and subplots seem to imply that you're playing as a clone of Jensen, possibly/presumably made by the Illuminati, which is why your memories are all fucked up etc.
Who knows where they were going with it.

She rides Bob Page cock now

Play it. Its good.

youtube.com/watch?v=-tAqA-ky2K0

youtu.be/r28ime9wMzM?t=598

MD aesthetics come far and beyond anything you see in HR, if you have any taste of course

youtube.com/watch?v=x1emb3IQZcQ
or we could just have both - youtube.com/watch?v=7lERcfsqJSk&t

youtu.be/rtU1MZZCVR4

There was something about Adam's model in MD that looked funky to me and I couldn't shake it.
The lipsyncing was also really bad, I know it was rushed out the door though but those two things ruined my immersion.

i want to play human revolution but I have the original and the dlc, as well as the director's cut
which one should I play? i've heard going into the missing link in director's cut really fucks the pacing but I don't know much

How drastically different is HR from original? Any pacing issues?
Want to play it but afraid of it becoming boring before interesting stuff begins

directors cut, the DLC is embeded in Directors Cut so you wont miss anything

play the original.
pacing is fine. you won't get bored.

Just play it. It's significantly different but has a lot of the same elements (multiple ways to play, dialogue choices, lots of secrets and level exploring, similar themes in the story). Unless you're really anal you should enjoy HR and MD if you liked the original.

is there any big difference between the original and director's cut other than no dlc and the yellow filter? would I be missing out on important story beats?

You can do it with a shit load of gas grenades and tranq

Debatable. The only thing HR was better at was story.
MD story felt like a sidequest. The global events had no resolution. And the worst thing that they have no intention to resolve them with no sequel on sight.
But level design was WAY above HR. Sidequests were much better. Augs and guns much more fun.
It's not that hard actually. Doing it with sleeping darts is kind of hard, getting close to enemies and punching left and right is probably easier that doing it lethally.

so there wont be a third game?

Attached: 1562686792872.jpg (750x742, 36K)

not really. if you want to play a second time play directors cut. missing link wasn't a great DLC anyway.

>is there any big difference between the original and director's cut other than no dlc and the yellow filter? would I be missing out on important story beats?
They're basically the same. Just with DLC integrated within the main game.

their upcoming game for 2020 is Marvel's Avengers
enjoy the capeshit

Just give me a fucking sequel

All boxes contain Adam clone torsos

This shit was weird, like how Adam never questions this himself. After the sidequest thing with Sarif is over he heavily implies that Adam is not the Adam he thinks he is (serial numbers on his augs not matching up with the "real" Adam or something). Adam just drops this topic very quickly, doesn't press him for more info and just goes "well, whatever".
It's infuriating how many things remain unresolved, like that "unmarked subplot" with the redhead stalker who follows your around just goes absolutely nowhere

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1080, 164K)

On my 1080 i didn't have any stuttering when I played 6 months ago, though I had to play on DX9 for it not to crash.

It's more of crystal dynamics game, core people of eidos is working on another capeshit game

I don't remember that, where is it ?

You are ironically correct

I'm gonna say it:

Invisible War, HR and MD were fun games.

Where? People pulled this meme at launch, but the thing in the box looks nothing like Adam, and felt more like a reference to the fact that Versalife has a fuckton of VIP's in cryonic storage, like when Icarus is taunting you in DX. I blame this entirely on the fact MGSV put the whole secret clone mindset in everyone's head a year earlier

Hackerman also said the biggest problem with Adam's memory lapses aren't clone-related, and more about the fact there's someone else capable of fucking with Adam's head and activating crazy augs, i.e. someone (Illuminati) picked him up after the botched op in the tutorial level. It adds to the fact that someone connected would be watching you back at not-UNATCO to make sure nothing's wrong

My take is that Adam was turned into some kind of sleeper agent, evidenced by the fact you're thrown on a wild goose chase to spy on your boss, and with killswitches being a thing in this one, probably would lead to the revelation Adam has a killswitch now too

Attached: DXMD 2018-06-07 17-27-18-15.jpg (1920x1200, 1.12M)

>This shit was weird, like how Adam never questions this himself
Adam questions himself and his memory loss A LOT in a tie-in book, there's some interesting stuff in this novel overall

Kind of agree with you. Clone theory is a bit far fetched. Augs could be replaced, since he was found and held by Illuminati after the whole Panchaea incident. Memory could be alterated at that period too.
There could be definitely more explanations to this whole thing.

>clone theory is a bit far fetched
I see no other way to explain the crates upon crates of Adam Jensen torsos.

Guys.
I really like HR and MD.
I always be thankful for the games we got.
Maybe 3 is just down the road, time will tell.

Attached: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Golem City Wallpaper.jpg (1919x823, 423K)

Yeah. They could clone him. Growing people in labs is reoccurring theme of DX universe. Plus he's a valuable test subject due to DNA, but that doesn't have to imply that the main character is in fact a clone and not an original Adam.

not true. I wasted like 30 mins quickloading to get a pacifist takedown route

Isn't it nice that it's fucking dead now? Thanks Square Enix for shitting away billions and years away on FF15 and Kingdom Hearts instead.

It's not like MD had a shoestring budget. For all the flaws SE has a publisher, not giving Eidos Montreal enough money probably wasn't one. Their main failures were insisting upon microtransactions to destroy any release press, not bothering to market it beyond the bare minimum, Breach mode and inflated sales expectations.

weebs are a bigger consumer base than cyberpunk

Yeah it's not the budget, it's the fact that it was mismanaged with garbage nobody cared about like Breach.

I'm with you

>it's been 3 years since MD
>no desire to replay
>did a ton of DX1 runs

Attached: 1554178439501.png (576x507, 109K)

my first playthrough i was going pacifist until that scene. i murdered every fucking one of them to save her.

Paul > Malik

i don't hate dxmd, but the short story with no satisfying conclusion left a bitter taste in the mouth to an otherwise good game which i won't forget any time soon.

REMINDER:
Janus is the real Adam.

Janus is a bald guy

They both sucked. Yeah HR wasn't as bad as people thought it would've been but it's still shit.

One was made by an imperfect human. Its imperfection gives it character and makes it unique because every line drawn by a human is different and never the same.
The other one is made by a computer or with a tool. The first time its incredibil how perfect it is. but after that? Every line is the same, no difference, no uniqueness. Its boring

Yep, I'm glad I experienced them. It would be nice to have a 3rd game though.

I especially liked the art style and designs. I bought the artbook for Deus Ex HR and MD. Only artbook for a game I ever bought.

I fucked up my pacifist run because some sniper faggot fell out the window to his death after getting tranqed

MD is actually a better game in every way and is only hated because the final cinematic is shit. Unbelievable how retarded you faggots are

>Pacifist run
Only faggots do this. Real chads pop heads and hack security bots

>tfw it was the only time i unsheated the assault rifle
Ruined pacifist because of it, worth it

I think it's just outside the elevator that goes up to where the prisoners are held up.

Janus is Mr. Conspicuous Illuminati man who is the only one not mentioned in the first game

>the thing in the box looks nothing like Adam
>when they literally used his high res head model for the model in the container like in

and both of those were flops and disappointments for fans
what a coincidence!

Janus is a pansexual mtf person of color

All the conversations with the illuminati council seem to imply that adam is some kind of project. Not to mention bob page, manderley, and janus dicking him around as well

kh3 is the best selling game of this year

Attached: 1565729583603.png (1616x874, 1.5M)

I was interested in Janus until I learned that.
>hurr i am lelimminati but i want them destroyed too

Given the name it was kind of obvious. It's funny to think the Illuminati had Janus as a traitor, dealt with it and then immediately after got fucked by Bob Page anyway.

She works with Bob Page using Adam's hard work to profit his enemies.

Attached: jensen4.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

yes
and that's a good thing
fuck nu-Deus Ex

get fucked, its coming when ready

go suck afroamerican penis you BLM supporting cuck

Seething leftwingers are "racist" towards rich people right now. In the DX universe only rich people get augments. So there's that

>like that "unmarked subplot" with the redhead stalker who follows your around just goes absolutely nowhere
What?

Both are made with a computer and with a tool.

>In the DX universe only rich people get augments
You're wrong actually

i'm replaying human revolution right now (on pc of course) and it's still so good. the art design, the side quests, the satisfaction you get from unlocking a new augmentation, the story. just walking around in detroit is such a comfy time.

mankind divided definitely wasn't as good even though it also had some great stuff in it. but the atmosphere was just not the same and the story sucked, you didn't care for any of the characters. fuck man i wish we would get another deus ex game

i always hoped cyberpunk 2077 could scratch that itch but i don't know anymore- the world just looks so uninspired and too much like gta in the future

Attached: 1556645500957.jpg (1024x555, 53K)

what was the real ending on hr?
self-destruct?

I hate how they removed the piss filter in the director's cut and don't even give you the option to re-enable it. It ruined the aesthetic I think.

yeah totally also the game runs way worse on the directors cut. i'm replaying the original version.

Just play the game with f.lux on, hell i didn't even know that the directors cut never had the filter until f.lux crashed

>yfw

Attached: adam.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

>no option to blow away your therapist as an alternate ending

Under what circumstances would you ever strike a pose like on the right? He looks like a cosplayer who doesn't know what to do with his arms or how to hold his prop.

this

That redhead looking into your general direction. She pops up from time to time during cutscenes in the city, always looking at you/jensen. You can find her storage unit and apartment where there are maps with locations marked that jensen visited and some other stuff, heavily implying that she's following and observing him, but it's not clear why or who she is exactly.

Attached: 1.jpg (1920x1017, 273K)

forget megan and malik

i want to FUCK aria

Attached: maxresdefault (10).jpg (1280x720, 70K)

MD was intentionally left unfinished because SE had this stupid plan of turning DX into a big multimedia franchise with multiple games releasing at the same time with tie-in movies and books.

Damn I never noticed that

Do you think we'll see another DX game in the next few years? Maybe Cyberpunk being a huge success will make SE try again.

youtube.com/watch?v=xzMA3JH42uM

There you go. It's probably one of better sidequests of all of MD.

>user can't stop thinking about black penis, brings it up out of nowhere in completely unrelated conversation
>projects his obsession onto strangers

Attached: legocartman.png (702x692, 422K)

I recently played through DH:HRT again with cheats and only used the grenade launcher. For everything. Opening doors, walking down the streets of china, you name it. It was fun. Fuck pacifism.

Attached: Young Why Contain It.jpg (283x498, 119K)

>3

There's actually a ton of detail in MD that a lot of people easily overlook. It's really good.

This made me check my times. DEHRDC I have 73 hours in...

Attached: DEMD Time.jpg (337x125, 9K)

i would have been too lazy to search for it
so i appreciate this very much
thanks

I hope the 3rd game is great

i liked human revolution.

>win argument with Talos
>dies
thanks

SOUL
SOULLESS

Attached: comparison.jpg (1282x1430, 427K)

So was that just an easter egg, or do devs make the same mistakes 20 years later?

never heard anybody else talk about this so I dont know how many people saw this happen

Attached: Deus Ex Mankind Divided 09.11.2016 - 15.14.33.01.jpg (3440x1440, 1.15M)

>when you need to choice between the old man and the crazy girl, and later in the game you find the girl in the ghetto city in a room on a matras with a shitload of used condoms on the floor.
oops, sorry.

underated

I asked that because I saw it happen as well, but didn't know of the original DX bug/glitch.

Attached: 20160908150157_1.jpg (1920x1080, 398K)

>soul
Person who toppled down the World's most powerful entity is named Bob
>soulless
It's retconned to Robert

Attached: 20190817225129_1.jpg (1920x1080, 126K)