Save me, Yea Forums

Save me, Yea Forums

Attached: windows-7-start-menu-desktop-5964e7fd5f9b583f18150af5.png (1200x800, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techradar.com/amp/how-to/windows-10-may-2019-update-problems-how-to-fix-them
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/09/03/microsoft-windows-10-update-problem-cpu-performance-spike-warning-upgrade-windows-10/amp/
lifehacker.com/how-to-work-around-windows-10s-latest-update-issues-1838107037/amp
wccftech.com/how-to/how-to-fix-windows-10-connectivity-issues/
youtube.com/watch?v=eB3-20jZlVw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

delete system 32

Save you from.... what?
It is unironically the greatest OS to date. The fact that you can disable all updates and telemetry with a couple clicks, and crack the thing for free if necessary, drives Micrococks' shills up the wall.
Which is exactly why they're now panic-mongering around the net, trying to spook people on their Wontworks 10 botnet.

Excuse me while I keep using W7 Ultimate up to circa 2030, running modern shit thru' Vulkan.

no

Attached: life is unfair.png (953x715, 767K)

You know what to do.

Attached: 1555926101494.png (1783x1053, 687K)

No one can help you, Jon

>KDE
>Manjaro
yuck

Are you me?

Attached: Capture.jpg (360x101, 8K)

>using that biased system as a metric
Last February, W7 and 10 finally got TIED with ~45% total user bases, world wide, in total.

Nobody cares about your government PC's you chink.

No, everyone literally cares.
The TOTAL on ALL world's measurable PCs told a clear tale: it took W10 five years to catch up to W7, which is still the 2nd most popular OS in the world.

The only reason why W10 is creeping upwards so quickly on Steam is the fact that OEM PCs and laptops come with it pre-installed, and many people have secondary, even tertiary computers they install Steam on. Not always to play games either, but to use it as their preferred IM / SOME channel of choice. I myself have logged into my Steam on dozens of devices around the globe.

contrarily i dont recommend linux for videogames, you will have to make many compromises. yes you can play games, no you cant play all of them. instead install windows 7 alongside your favorite flavor of linux (im going to recommend xubuntu), thats easy as piss to do. so you get an up to date operating system that can play some games but if it cant you can simply reboot

kde is great though

Don't forget windows 10 was free and tricked you into installing nagware through a fake security update. They also announced they'd stop support and made directx12 windows 10 exclusive despite later being able to port it to windows 7. It's fucking pathetic.

>uses a crack
>claims other people are on a bot net
Are you, by chance, too poor to afford buying an OS?

I'm rolling with it and I won't change it any time soon

Use tails.

I haven't used you since 2013, you are old and busted. Touko-chan is my love now.

Attached: Madobe-Touko-blue-dress-girl-Windows-10-system-logo_iphone_640x960.jpg (640x960, 103K)

What can I help you with, Jon.

Touko-chan is a slut

Attached: 1539547500197.jpg (850x531, 101K)

You can disable updates and telemetry and crack win10 as well. It takes more than a couple of clicks and requires you to change group policies, registry and services but it is perfectly doable. Maybe take off the tin foil hat.

>Install any update
>It all resets and turns the spying back on to 100%

>dual booting meme

How is it a meme? Nothing wrong with using Windows for vidya and Linux for the rest.

Nanami is an old hag by now, Touko is the best.

Manjaro is fine, but it's better to just go for Arch even for beginners. KDE is pretty good these days, especially if you have high dpi monitors.

Why? So he can download CP without risking anything? Tails is the pedophiles linux, no one uses it for anything else.

>not using based win 10 LTSB

How would you know that?

Attached: 1519412187695.jpg (618x615, 75K)

Ever since they fired qualitx assurance team from microsoft and hired a lot of doversity hires they havent been able to release anything what doesnt shit itself.

techradar.com/amp/how-to/windows-10-may-2019-update-problems-how-to-fix-them

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/09/03/microsoft-windows-10-update-problem-cpu-performance-spike-warning-upgrade-windows-10/amp/

lifehacker.com/how-to-work-around-windows-10s-latest-update-issues-1838107037/amp

wccftech.com/how-to/how-to-fix-windows-10-connectivity-issues/

Attached: img_5b2d7480d69d2.png (650x300, 15K)

>Save me from using the objectively best OS
ehm

Although I use Windows 10 now, Nanami was always the best. She’ll always be my favorite.

Well that's another issue. I'm just tired of people tin foil hatting over windows telemetry. Like it uses data from etw. To use etw you need to register a session with event providers that write to that session. So if there is no session that gets used by the telemetry service than there also can be no data that gets sent by the telemetry service.

>You can disable telemetry

Attached: 1541180290637.jpg (220x202, 16K)

No, make the upgrade. Go with Windows 10 LTSC 2019

Attached: ltsc.png (2560x1440, 767K)

If you're using W7 in 2019 you can't be saved.

switch to windows 8.1 nigga

it's also creeping upwards because ms doesnt include usb3.0 drivers on windows 7 installation. you pretty much cant install win7 on modern mobos unless you manually bake drivers into the installation iso. and even then its unsupported platform with bugs.

Yes you can, no matter what /g/tards tell you it can be disable.

Attached: windows 10 sending information to bing.png (1920x1160, 162K)

he wants to keep his video games and software user

Attached: Windows 10 enterprise spying.jpg (638x5176, 968K)

*downgrade

Yup. I bought a new motherboard in February and my PC was practically held hostage until I installed Windows 10.

I could go on with the other 12 images I have of this sort of thing but I think you get the point by now.

Attached: windows 10 is shit.jpg (3297x3319, 1.46M)

see Win10 doesn't give a single fuck about your settings, it will phone home whether you want it or not.

If only Terry would rise from the dead to create a new proper OS cause I'm tired of Microshit's monopoly with Windows.

>just jump through hula hoops to fix a broken OS and pray that Microsft doesn't break it in the next update instead of using an already perfect OS.

Terry was just a single guy. No matter how intelligent and tenacious he is, one person can't outperform a huge corporation like Microsoft.

>PC is freedom
>STILL has to use windows to play games

LMAO

Attached: 3644737171.jpg (1000x1333, 360K)

I have Windows on my game machine and Linux on a used thinkpad, so if it ever does become the superior option even for vidya I'll be ready.

Attached: 1555047946117.jpg (960x758, 146K)

You can't turn telemetry off by just using the windows setting like in the picture. Telemetry level 0 literally just means reducing the amount of sent data to a microsoft chosen minimum. It doesn't matter if you turn telemetry "off" in the settings, in the group policy or registry as long as the fucking service is still running.

spoken like someone who has never touched templeos

>office after 2010
Yuk.

>setting says OFF
>doesnt actually turn it off
microshit sued for misleading customers when?
oh wait that already happened
11 times

>pray that Microsft doesn't break it in the next update
This is the worst part. WHY is WIndows 10 so shitty? I had literally never seen a single corrupted Windows installation in my life until we started using Win10 at work, it's ridiculous how garbage these updates are.

I've used TempleOS, but ok retard. Believe whatever you want.

He surpassed Stallman and Linus in terms of capability. In the right environment, Davis could have easily provided us with a functional OS.

More like him are to be expected in this century. Standardization won't mean much when emulation and parallels become cheaper on a resource level.

If only we could disable forced vsync on Windows 10, it would be perfect, but as of now, there's no way to do it. With Windows 7's support ending, there won't be a single OS that is capable of properly running some older games without input lag and not getting infected with the next wannacry while doing so.

and he will

>I like tearing in my games

if you truly were a templeos user, you'd have responded by indignantly saying the true name of templeos is losethos.

>pretending to be retarded just to reply
I don't get it.

I fucking hate tearing, but there are games that manage their graphics on their own in windowed mode, and windows 10 fucks those up.

more liek loosethots mirite?

>I watched DtRH on templeOS, trust me dude I'm an expert

>he doesnt put in a prayer for Percival every evening

upgrade win10 now

Attached: nanami and touko.jpg (800x600, 223K)

>disable forced vsync on Windows 10

Holy fuck this is the first I'm hearing of this. This is completely retarded.

What do they mean by this?

Attached: Nimetön.jpg (270x288, 61K)

I want the other 12 pages desu,
upload to imgur please.

Vsync is mandatory starting with 8.

Consensual, non-intrusive updating.

Wait what the fuck? Is this why turning on vsync in games and emulators doesn't fix the screen tear but changes it? Jesus christ, why would you do this and then have the vsync be so shit that it not only does not work, but also fucks things up further.

Attached: 1568183637691.jpg (720x728, 57K)

hurdur u can't game on linux exdee

Attached: steamgnu.png (1014x914, 454K)

In Windows 7, you can disable desktop composition and run games on windowed mode without issue, but MS was kind enough to remove that option for no reason at all in later releases :^)

I'm really saddened to see that Microsoft is fucking this up as per tradition. Compatibility between Windows systems are pretty much as good as it gets, you can still run lots of games from 20+ years ago,that is a fucking miracle and props to MS for that, but this forced vsync shit for muh transparent start menu and gliding minimalist interface makes many games unplayable.

If you're in windowed mode... uhm, don't be in windowed mode, it will be shit whatever you do, Windows forces its vsync on top of everything, it is only in exclusive full screen mode (unsupported by many older games) that it lets games do their own thing.

>it is only in exclusive full screen mode (unsupported by many older games) that it lets games do their own thing.
Quite the opiate. Most all old games only do full screen exclusive. There was no other full screening at the time so it was just simply known as "fullscreen" Its newer games where "fullscreen" is just windowed fullscreen borderless. Can't count the amount of UE4 games I've played that didn't have real full screen support.

I have saved you now

Attached: 6-xfce-windows-7-theme-100026231-large.png (580x435, 190K)

I usually play on windowed fullscreen because too many games have sperged at me just because I alt-tabbed them.

>580x435

Attached: 1555762490818.jpg (500x500, 50K)

Well yeah depends on how old. I don't really play many newer games, and the ones I do usually have exclusive full screen. However, if the game is an indie hackjob like many older GameMaker games (e.g. IWBTG), there is no way to get those to run in exclusive full screen.

Blame PCWold

Attached: sJwwY5B.gif (498x278, 1.91M)

>However, if the game is an indie hackjob like many older GameMaker games (e.g. IWBTG), there is no way to get those to run in exclusive full screen.
Its a shame since GameMaker 1.x had bigboy fullscreen but 2.x dosn't. I fucking hate how devs have regressed so much software overtime.

Absolutely true. On the other hand, Microsoft should have also considered the existence of these sperglord devs and their software and not break compatibility for literally no reason. Too bad there is no way of giving this issue more publicity because normies only play the latest soigames and don't even know what input lag or vsync is.

daaaaaamn, w10 looks like that?

what the fuck are you talking about, exclusive mode in older windows is not just borderless fullscreen

Reread it user, thats not what I said

The fingers make a 1 and 0, forming 10.

It is actually an upgrade. You get to be compatible with the latest drivers and software around. You get stability and the latest security updates.

Attached: launcher.png (2560x1440, 1.98M)

Linux is the future

Attached: lutris.png (192x192, 33K)

Attached: 1347661691449.gif (600x404, 252K)

>Lol why aren't you using windows 10 Windows 7 is trash get rid of it.

>Guys for some reason windows update in windows 10 doesn't want to work-AGAIN
>Did you hear you have to install the nvidia control panel through the windows store?
>Your game ctds periodically? Just roll back your drivers bro
>Can only get directx 12 on windows 10, you need the upgrade I'm telling you even though no games you care about use it

This. I use LTSB, and I've never once had an issue with updates and Microsoft deleting my files.

There is a whole distro that is meant to be Windows7-looking, so that it doesn't scare normalfags
youtube.com/watch?v=eB3-20jZlVw

Attached: chalet_os.png (1474x829, 1.65M)

tfw too scared to update to w10 and linux doesn't support all my creative propiertary software so i'm stuck with w7 untill i'm sure that piece of shit w10 actually works
i would instantly switch to any linux distro if all programs worked on it without great hassle.

I don't know what you are afraid of, get Windows 10 LTSC, that actually works. It's a Windows 10 version without the bloat meme """""features""""" like tablet UI and forced shit updates. It is originally intended for systems where security and stability are paramount, it gets security updates, and every program works on it perfectly.

Attached: 1512624173752.jpg (1018x645, 248K)

>go to programming course
>they leave me in front of a terminal and git for 6 hours without explaning anything
Did I fuck up?

Attached: 1559671392859.jpg (400x323, 51K)

Attached: 020.jpg (275x275, 14K)

>installing updates in Windows 10
The first thing I did after getting my wife a laptop with Windows 10 was delete the Windows Update service, then delete the service that restores the Windows Update service if it's missing. She has received zero updates over the last year and had no issues. You do not need updates if the only thing you use your PC for is normie stuff like MS Office, and browsing a handful of normie websites.

PEOPLE OF THIS FUCKING THREAD. THERE IS A FRIENDLY WINDOWS THREAD /FTW/ IN /G/ BOARD, WHERE THEY GIVE TIPS ON WINDOWS 10, SOFTWARE RECOMMENDATIONS AND MORE. THERE IS NO REASON TO KEEP USING WINDOWS 7 IF YOU CAN RUN WINDOWS 10.

kys

>THERE IS NO REASON TO KEEP USING WINDOWS 7 IF YOU CAN RUN WINDOWS 10.
Wrong, kys shill

Attached: 1567312767601.png (632x892, 122K)

thanks for you wife's paypal credentials :^)

I downloaded the gnome version, how bad is that? Never used gnome 3 before.

>windows 10
>stability
Updates that break shit all the time. Also, a shit ugly interface that can barely be customized.

I am using Windows 10 LTSC 2019. So updates breaking shit are not a problem for my version. There are third party tools to customize Windows.Just ask around on /g/, reddit or use a search engine.

Attached: wangblows.png (2560x1440, 2.08M)

Git gud

Attached: 4fc.png (1200x796, 596K)

>You need to literally hack the OS to simply change the desktop

linux and bsd are no different if by hacking you mean using tools that alter files.

fuck you torv

Literally just use Windows 10, superior UI, the best anti-virus on the market for free, kept up to date for all vidya and programs you may need. Don't be a edgy contrarian user.

Don't forget the better file structure.