Settle this

settle this

Attached: Final-Fantasy-VI-vs-Final-Fantasy-VII.jpg (620x350, 107K)

FF7's materia system is more fun

the one of the right is more influential and according to the devs would've cost $1200 on N64

FFV > both

VII is not even a top 5 FF game.

VII wins.

I like both but FF7 wins due to materia and story.
I would rather get a 6 remake though.

>would've cost $1200 on N64

In production or sales

VII is just what VI would look like if it had an interesting story, a well-developed setting and good gameplay mechanics.

being contrarian will get you nowhere, friend.

I'm thinking it boils down to being split into 2 dozen cartridges, which is an amusing thought.

Based and redpilled.

VII is literally VI copy with an eco-terrorism twist, are you zoomer niggers for real

FFVII, easily.

Attached: 1568218281409m.jpg (1024x576, 43K)

FFVII and FFVIII are not FF games because they are 3 party members

Even FFXIV is 4 party members, a true FF game like FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFV, FFVI & FFIX

this

Literally what.

Galuf's fight against Exdeath was so cool. He hit zero hp and just kept going

7 is better.

Attached: 1568668879104.jpg (1280x960, 617K)

>VII is literally VI copy
This is something who never played either game would say. Yes themes prevalent in 6 appear in 7. The big difference is that 7 doesn't handle them in a fashion that only appeases smooth-brained 8 year olds.

Lmao those fucking graphics, soulless af.

shut up zoomer

Attached: Barret hits the dab.jpg (555x414, 41K)

Why Tactics, of course.

>Le ancient race of the past potent in ways of magic
>one of main characters even is a hybrid
>Modern tech-advanced corporation/country seeking to harness the power of (Magic/Mako) is at odds with said race
>head of said country/corporation gets offed by a lackey gone mad and rogue who goes on to become a godlike being

Can list 50 more, but VII has the same motifs, same premises, and just has swapped out some plot details and motivations. You're definitely a zoomer nigger who has never played VI. Now kindly kys

>Cyberpunk city into a bunch of random locales chosen out of a hat.
>This is a developed setting.
>Shitty, every-character-plays-the-same gameplay.
>This is developed gameplay.
kek

Customizable character development > Static character development
It's why people prefer FF games with Jobs over ones that have fixed jobs per character.

That is a false choice and both games may be enjoyed simultaneously for their own strengths without one detracting from the other. Also V is the superior SNES game and IX the superior PS1 one and that is undeniable truth because I say so

FFV

I still like my character development to exist within a certain set of potential archetypes. VII is technically not a job system game either, it's too free

FFV is better then both.

Attached: Final Default 5.jpg (1800x750, 268K)

I love the combat/job system but V has the most forgettable cast of all jrpgs I've ever played.

>forgetting Galuf
You monster

For story gotta go with 6 and fun.
FF7 is better combat.

You haven't played many JRPGs then I take it
I still think Gilgamesh is the best villain FF has ever had

Every single time I see FF7 the Mako Reactor theme gets stuck in my head.

Like a typical VI baby, you focus on the superficial similarities and presume that if they took elements out of the previous game, they MUST be rehashing it because they're lazy incompetent hacks.
>>Le ancient race of the past potent in ways of magic
Except they play two completely different roles in the central plot of both games.
>>one of main characters even is a hybrid
Yes, except in Aerith's case, it isn't completely inconsequential to her role as a character. What "character" did Terra even have after the World of Ruin? She raised some kids? Even before then, she's considered some ultimate weapon of mass destruction, but it's not expanded upon whatsoever, and we're just told she is, when it's proven to be quite clear the Empire is more than capable without her.
>>Modern tech-advanced corporation/country seeking to harness the power of (Magic/Mako) is at odds with said race
Are you fucking stupid? The Cetra is nearly extinct, Aerith being one of the last few alive at that point. Jehova turned most of them into monsters. IF they would be at odds, it would be because Shinra is literally killing the Planet.
>>head of said country/corporation gets offed by a lackey gone mad and rogue who goes on to become a godlike being
But Kefka's betrayal of his Emperor also entailed the end of the empire. Rufus took over Shinra when his father died, on the other hand.

You are a retarded posturing faggot.

Only Lenna and Krile, but also Lenna IS probably the most forgettable character in JRPG history

>FFV fags still exist when Tactics already exceeded their mediocre JRPG in every way gameplay wise

>Cyberpunk city into a bunch of random locales chosen out of a hat.
>This is a developed setting.
Still vastly better than a single generic locale endlessly repeated over and over again with minimal variaton.

Cope: The Post

Lmaoing at your life, imagine being such an autistic baby you hammer out a paragraph of denial of clear facts
>Gets handed clear parallels and facts
>B-b-b-but muuuuhhhh

Except they are two different gameplay systems? What are you even trying to say?

Job system, dumbass.

>What "character" did Terra even have after the World of Ruin? She raised some kids?
Hey, Terra's character is great, it's a cliche "girl with no emotions learns what love is" but done with motherhood rather than romance

FFVII is the most overrated JRPG of all time.

Calm down, screeching child. It is time for school.

I like V more simply because it doesn't force me to take ten seconds to move between every single fucking action. Tactics is the most dreadfully slow paced RPG I've ever played, I couldn't even finish it despite liking the story quite a lot

doesnt make it untrue

I'm sorry you played the PSP version without the slowdown fix patch while also using a keyboard and were too clumsy to remember your camera controls, user.

FF6 doesn't have any titty monsters. FF7 wins.

Attached: download.jpg (474x669, 37K)

Attached: ff kain.jpg (520x380, 32K)

>An orange has surpassed an apple

The "I don't know what love is" felt so hamfisted in her character arc.

>there is a big bad ruling as de-facto government of the world
>there is a small band of rebels to oppose them
>both "main" chars suffer from amnesia and were parts of the big bad corp
>both factions augment their forces and equipment with a power that an ancient race is symbiotic with
>kefka and sephiroth are both results of experiments
No user, the retarded cocksucking faggot is you. 7 takes away 80% of 6's premise, and that's a fact, no matter how innovative 7 goes to be with the said premise. Stop being an autist.

Even without the slowdown, it'd still be slow just because of how the game is designed.

Doesn't mean much since everything works differently, it's pretty hard to compare the two.

>gets owned like a lil bitch
>waaaaah you're a kid
literally autism

VI is way overrated and I say that as a boomer.

I don't know how to rate such different games across gens, but on a gen by gen basis it's:

3 > 1 > 2
5 > 4 > 6
7 > 9 > T > 8 (best gen overall)
10 > 12 > 13
14 > 15

Never played 11.

Anyhow, the real answer is Xenogears despite Disc 2 being unfinished.

I don't know, from the very beginning in Figaro and the Returner base she's established as having a major isolation complex and stunted psychological development, and from Narshe onwards, as not having much humanity in her at all. It could have been explored better, but making her into a big mom was a great development

Except execution is different from concept, which your autistic brain fails to grasp. You might as well complain 6 is ripping off 4, which is ripping off 2. Your opinion is completely vapid and worthless. Please tell me how you think Terra having a crown on her head that makes her a mindless robot that does bad things for the bad empire then becoming a bland amnesiac with little personality, is in any way comparable being brainwashed into being convinced you were (and are) some big badass hero that performed many amazing feats, when in reality you were just some forgotten loser riding on the coattails of someone far greater than you, which said realization causes you to collapse into a fucking mental breakdown?
Samefag is obvious, child.

>He doesn't understand what a premise is
Yep, it's autism alright, godspeed user.

It was handled extremely clumsily, if you ask me. Her entire arc goes at the pace of a turtle, and is so sparse you have to keep your eyes wide open or you may blink and miss it. Then they just hastily rush to the climax of her character, and it's all sloppy as hell.

Nobody gives a fuck about the premise, autist. You specifically said "VII is literally VI copy" which is factually untrue when you consider how both games handle their plots and characters respectively.

both are shit and 8 is better than both

VII is in large part a copy of VI because majority of its premises are exactly the same. Cope more autismo.

What's more amusing is that FF7 has actually way more similarities with FF4 rather than FF6, if they wanted to push the "FF7 copycat" meme they's be way better choosing 4 instead of 6

>gets BTFOd point by point
>"no ur wrong"
Embarassing

VI is in large part a copy of Star Wars because majority of its premises are exactly the same. Cope more autismo.

t. samefag

VI all the way.

>it's pretty hard to compare the two.
In what sense? Tactics obviously takes V's Job System and expands upon it, and improving it in every sense.

few references =! whole plot premise
I know it's hard to be autistic, but try think of the quality of the posts you make.

seems like FF6 is to FF7 like LttP is to OoT

Attached: t. retard.png (1258x520, 28K)

Both can't compare to 8 and Rinoa is so much better than their main line girls.

>he actually bothered to edit out You's
Holy shit, the levels of autism are peaking

I wouldn't say it improves on it at all. There's no real difference between the two other than the freelancer not inheriting passive abilities in Tactics. Which, granted, makes for a somewhat more interesting endgame, but it's not a big enough change to make Tactics a better game or anything

>few references
>Scrappy gang of underdog rebels facing off against bad evil imperialistic empire
Sounds like a rip-off to me.

This is like saying X is a copy of IX

>Scrappy gang of underdog rebels facing off against bad evil imperialistic empire
confirmed not playing the game

>the real answer is Xenogears
Finally, a gentleman of true culture.

>"FF7 is just a FF6 copy!"
>gets factually proven wrong
>"S-s-some parts of it are still copies!"
Nice backpedaling

VI is unironically better from a game design standpoint because half of its plot is entirely optional sidequests
VII is better in nearly every other aspect besides maybe world lore since the weapons are just random kaiju

>gets factually proven wrong
nope
Are you still posting and samefagging, autismo? It's all getting so tiresome, don't you have some meds to take and fall asleep or some shit?

>FF6 doesn't have any titty monsters
costanzabelittles.jpg

Attached: ff cel.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Whats the top 5 then

>There's no real difference between the two
This is completely untrue.
>Tactics utilizes a Point-Buy system for its job system which allows for more immediate customization rather than being shoehorned into a Job and forced to progress linearly, for starters.
>Abilities aren't frontloaded like in V, and you can budget your Job Points to add skills to your abilities in Tactics.
>Categories of abilities, allowing you to craft more unique and dynamic character builds, beyond just two of whatever build
>Also far more synergies to boot

Back the that stopped them, nowadays it's a feature

FFVI has the best music of the series, the themes are the most coherent(no surprise "real evil" last boss), least linearity(during WOR). Each town and character had their own story which you catch glimpses of during the first half, then during the second half you got to choose which parts you saw and which characters you found. Steampunk setting is cool IMO and the characters were super unique. From Sabin's input-based specials to Gau's rages learned from monsters. FFVI is the best Final Fantasy game.

I think both game shares enough similarities, they both are about a group of rebels that has to stop a deranged technological empire whose strings are pulled by an otherworldly powerful madman who wants to destroy the world by triggering a calamity

I think Sephiroth Is a more interesting villain, he has a backstory, there's an air of mystery behind him, the game does a good job of selling him as a powerful entity

This is in opposite of kefka who is just an evil clown that moves out 3 statues and somehow ends causing the end of the world because of that

FF6 cast is bigger, there's some stinker there like gau or the snowman I can't even remember the name of but I'd say the bigger cast makes the character more memorable

That's not to say FF7 is bad in that regards, cloud is an amazing protagonist, and section like yuffie tricking you with the save point or cid "drink your goddamn tea" are unforgettable, id say the two weakest character in FF7 are either Cait sith or Vincent or Red

FF6 is the harder game for sure, but it also has some dumbass stuff like that evasion bug that let you make a character invincible, both game have an ending section full of side quests and honestly it feels like busywork in both of them, in FF6 it's particularly bad because you do them in order to retrieve character back

Materia System VS Eidoloon... Honestly I don't like much either but it's silly you don't get Eidoloon until halfway through the game

They are both amazing games with incredible music and full of memorable moments but for me FF7 is the best one, FF6 just dabble with the technofantasy idea but FF7 just dive into it, it has a better villain, a stronger plot and the fact that it's easier doesn't really diminish for it

Oh also fuck whoever thought that giving a player a chance to kill shadow forever was a good idea

V you dumbo

FF6 was really a quantum-leap in video game story telling. Before that:
>I'm shooting shit because evil space robots
>I'm collecting magical crystals because magic
etc.
And sure all the usual tropes were there, but it was the first game (at least that I played) that really treated its players to a grand trifecta of story-telling. (build-up, turning point, and climax). And not only did it signal game developers that YES, VIDEO GAMES ARE A LEGITIMATE MEDIUM TO TELL A GRAND STORY, but it did so with a story that still holds up to this day and is honestly still my favorite Final Fantasy story with FF7 a close second. I can honestly respect anybody who calls either of them their favorite.

Attached: smugultros.png (1631x1571, 234K)

>nope
Then why are you backpedaling so hard?

>It's all getting so tiresome
I know it's tiresome getting repeatedly BTFOd, but there's an easy solution: stop posting bullshit

Play Metal Gear 2 sometime

6 is better. I've played both. 7 didn't engage me that much(opening has too much midgar). 6 is way more interesting.

You can say that about anything, faggot.

FF6, 7 and 4 are all 2 copies. After playing 2 I realised that literally any FF after 2 is a 2 copy.

Attached: 41ED6B6B-73DB-495A-9388-D6847A2C8D75.jpg (656x1000, 142K)

hard to say. ff6 has more battle variety. ff6 is definitely a must play JRPG on the SNES. if you like one you'd like the other. i would say it depends if you wanted to play an SNES game or PS1 game at the moment

They're the same game, except Kefka is a bit more SO SERIOUS? : ) than Sephiroth and 7 is a bit more CRAWLING IIIIIIIN MYYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIIN than 6.

Attached: 1347177129121.gif (730x422, 18K)

I like VII and really hate VI, so no, doesn't hold true

Just played FFVIII for the first time in 10 or so years. Only Squall, Rinoa and Laguna undergo character development, the rest of the team may as well have been traffic cones for the amount of personality they had.

ESPECIALLY Quistis who's arc basically ends after you visit the make-out spot in the Garden training centre. Zell and Selphie are lolsorandom and Irvine is basically Brock from the Pokemon cartoons..

>Rinoa
You mean Seifer. Rinoa doesn't change significantly at all, she barely does anything besides flirt with Squall the whole game

I like them both about equally. I know it’s wishful thinking but I hope 6 gets the remake treatment one day too.

She starts off as a spoiled naive daddy's girl and becomes someone who is willing to seal herself away for the good of world peace. It's something at least.

I like VI more but both are amazing,no one can deny how iconic VII is.

>becomes someone who is willing to seal herself away for the good of world peace.
Even that feels like a play to bait Squall since there's nothing that really organically leads to that. The closest you get is an optional conversation where you can tell her off for acting like everything is all a game, but they don't really follow up on it

Zell was designed as a shōnen protagonist, so it's kinda expected for him not to change too much. Selphie, more or less, shows that she isn't just a genki girl during the Trabia events. You're right about Irvine, and Quistis. It's very shitty in Quistis case, too.

try the first Breath of Fire, even worse in that regard

You don't even have to leave FF. FFII's cast was far more forgettable than V's

Hi WRPG-kun!
Sorry but you're late to the party:
if you want to post bullshit, at least try to do so BEFORE it gets repeatedly debunked:

Attached: cp.jpg (867x1299, 327K)

insert cartridge 23

>Monkey paw

Attached: 2019-09-18 08_31_11-FINAL FANTASY VI en Steam.jpg (613x483, 110K)

That’s not even an engine remaster, only the sprites/ui is redone everything else is just smoothed out by software so the pixels don’t show. It’s on the same level as the 8 remaster.