What's your most unpopular vidya opinion?

What's your most unpopular vidya opinion?

Attached: 1453822250421.jpg (500x500, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LkbTHPEOrls
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you get banned for being toxic you deserve it
Seriously, how hard is it to just shut the fuck up and not spam racist / hateful shit in a videogame?
I'm 100% backing Ubisoft and other companies for striking down on this, they're just purging the idiots from the playerbase

If you can't keep your cool while playing a fucking videogame it's time to find a new hobby

Attached: intro-1524598191.jpg (780x439, 37K)

Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of Time because it's basically the same game, but it improves on everything that was wrong with OoT (brown colors not withstanding)

This
Yea Forums will hate me for saying this, but anyone who gets banned for toxic behavior is at their own fault

Fortnite is more fun and skill based than smash

Metroi dwould be unironically better if Samus Aran's humanity was retconned.

Time crisis wasnt that fun. Even in the arcade with all my friends it was still one of the lamest gimmicks for a cabinet shooter game.

Mods are typically higher quality and more satisfying content than the base games to which they are attached.

Fighting games are the hardest genre to get good at and it's not even close.

Devil May Cry has always been trash

The handler is a good character, and pure waifu material. People who hate on her are just edgy faggots.

Resident Evil 5 and 6 are good games.

even still it can't topple OoT due to its placement in video game history, funny that
same level of skill, casual and easily accessible games
Whoa Lookout!

BotW might be a good game but it's a horrible Zelda title.

Don't think any of Rockstar's games are good. Eveyrthing is so slow & shallow from a pure gameplay perspective.

Capcom have never made a good game

Nintendo has never made a good game

Microsoft has never made a good game

No videogame has ever been good

Twisted Metal 2

Games age, and fast.

Video never was a good game

Video killed the game star

Video bad

Sonic is overrated

Hold right and win

The persona series is incredibly mediocre, all entries

agreed, and i actually enjoy exchanging trash talk with people that can handle it
there's no real creativity or sting to someone just spamming niggerfaggot or whatever.

Perhaps the same could be said of all platformers

3D is systematically better than 2D.

>Pokemon Gen 4 is peak Pokemon
>The only good thing about FF Versus XIII was the Neo-Gothic art-style and the Insomnia raid intro, everything was going to be bound to be shit like FFXV and there's no denying it
>The MySims series had a good art-style and okay characters despite the gameplay and plot being elementary school tier childish
>X-Com Enemy Unknown was a good game
>Costume/Cosmetic DLCs aren't a bad thing and are preferable to content being locked out.
>I don't like the Silent Hill games except maybe 1 and I think that the psychological horror they depict is far too in-your-face
>Everything after the original Phoenix Wright Trilogy (except for investigations) is garbage.
>I think Quake 1 and 2 are overrated and that Quake 3 is better.
>Witcher 1 and 2 would've been interesting with the open world of Witcher 3 (but without retarded Witcher sense and instead more subtle investigation mechanics), likewise Witcher 3 would've been a good game if it had the autism combat and atmosphere of Witcher 1
>Deus Ex Human Revolution and Mankind Divided are garbage and the only redeeming thing about them is Faridah Malik (based tomboy waifu), the Stealth Takedowns and the idea of a Deus Ex set in Prague and Detroit. The pseudo-rennaisance art-sale doesn't fit a Deus Ex sequel and the shooting feels CoD/GoW and the plot feels like garbage and fuck that faggot Pritchard
>Half-Life 2 should've either been a separate IP or it should've had the American dystopia art style form the beta
>The last good MGS game was MGS1, MGS2's story went too far into pure sci-fi despite the fact I loved the gameplay and MGS3 felt more like a pulpy comedy and had that stupid Modern Warfare yellowish filter that I fucking detest to this day
>I think Twilight Princess was when Zelda peaked. Skyward Sword is a shit and BoTW is meh as hell
>Sonic would be better if they inserted some Archie and some Sonic X canon into it and went back to being edgy like the mid-2000s

Attached: 1568664424786.jpg (229x220, 6K)

MGS is a franchise of bad games.
MGSV has good gameplay mechanics but lame level design and the rehashing is unforgivable. MGS2 has interesting narrative elements but it doesn't justify the rest of the game sucking. MGS3 is the only plain good game.

7 remake is shit

Dartk Souls 2 SotFS is the best game in the series. It might not be the pretties, but the amount of soul that was put it in it by developers is astounding.
A remastered version with proper looking engine would probably be the best ARPG for me.

Oh and I couldn't fit the rest, so here:
>KCD should've been dubbed in Czech with English subtitles so we could've had the hilarious Czech dub like Mafia 1
>Lovecraft's Eldritch God Pantheon should be beatable, enough of this "y-you can't beat them" bullshit.
>Legacy of Kain had a good conclusion and it's doubtable the Hyldians or any of that other stuff would've come up in the sequel and it would've been disappoining either way
>SMT1 is the best SMT due to the ambiguity and the Devilman atmosphere.
>SMT4 is fucking terrible and so is Apocalypse
> Godfather Part 1 is better than Godfather Part 2

That's all my unpopular opinions (I think), out of all of them, I think only half of them are actually controversial.

Attached: 1557044845388.png (540x729, 592K)

Japanese vidya are usually better than western games, but NOT JRPGs. I hate them and would take a western RPG game over a Japanese one any day.
Exceptions exist, but generally the Japs don't even seem to understand what an RPG should be

bump

getting angry either physically or verbally at a video game. throwing your gamepad/destroying keyboards/monitors and other peripherals won't help with the problem, you fucking retarded 12 IQ chimp.

I like videogames

I think Hollow Knight is a good game.

golden sun doesn't interest me in the slightest

Attached: 1556916783747.png (606x580, 315K)

Half Life is one of the worst game series yet made and every game Valve or Gearbox has ever made is dogshit.

I thought Other M was fine, I just ignored the story parts

>Half Life is one of the worst game series

Definitely not the best, but come on... One of the worst is really a stretch.

Dark souls 2 is great

Mighty no 9 was solid and fun to play EXCEPT the last level is needed some work

Even though Xbox Nintendo consoles do get good games once in awhile you pretty much only need a PlayStation if you primarily play consoles to sustain yourself for years to come if short on either cash or time

Attached: 1566837248674.jpg (1280x791, 152K)

I think FNaF should keep making sequels.

>Fighting games are anti-fun and are only still around because people wasted their childhoods learning movements on a controller/stick
>FF13's combat system is one of the best in the whole series
>Death Stranding looks enjoyable

Attached: 1568721486416.jpg (500x500, 28K)

Capcom fighters will never get a redemption arc.

games are dead

doom is a mediocre game by todays standards and everyone who still heralds it as some 10/10 gotyay is a retarded doomer

>something something Dark Souls II
Oh, wait:

Microsoft should have never gotten into gaming and the Xbox should have never existed. It was always bad, even 15 years ago.

Uncharted is a great series and I hope they make more treasure hunting games like it.

Attached: 1510820157484.jpg (735x960, 111K)

Your words are as empty as your soul.

Skyrim and Fallout are both shitty series

Yakuza 0 is fucking shit. Insanely boring to trodge through

that's not really unpopular, even here the only reason talk ill about it or at all is because of console nonsense or the webm of a girl beating up two boomers
A better unpopular opinion would be "they should've never made Last of Us and kept making Uncharted" then all the normies, sonybros and pedos will be at your throat

drakengard is unironincally great in almost every respect. it's just niche

If you call scraping through each act after 7 minutes "winning", then yeah. You're meant to have higher standards - just finishing the game means you completed the tutorial.

Doom 2 had better level design than the original, specially compared to episodes 2 and 3

Quake 1 is a brown and boring piece of shit that's only remembered for the tech and the multiplayer

I don't care what other people think and play games however I want

Mass Effect 3 was actually a good game

>"they should've never made Last of Us and kept making Uncharted"
I'd be fine with that too. I just want my treasure hunting games.

I agree. And the extended ending, while not making the ending good it at least made it not terrible

>mgr revengeance is overrated
>(not unpopular with Yea Forums) tlou is horseshit
>ghost recon Wildlands is arguably a better mgs v than mgs v
>kingdom come deliverance isn't worth playing because of how the slowness of it mixes with some of the stupid shit. Being poisoned, bleeding, etc. in the first few hours of the game is a slow death sentence and requires loading a previous save
>Spider-Man 1 (ps2) is a better game than Spider-Man 2 (ps2) primarily because of SOUL

They've been dead for at least 7 years. This whole decade has been a long funeral service for vidya

The Sonic Adventure games are the best in the franchise, especially SA2. The gameplay relies on actual skill rather than rote memorisation like the Classic games, the alternative playstyles are mostly good (and they trimmed the worst ones out of SA2), the music is the best in the franchise, the plots are the perfect balance between genuinely interesting and campy, self-ridiculing fun, the personalities are all spot-on, the chao garden is the best raising sim I've ever played, the boss fights are excellent in SA2, and visually, SA2 is an absolute classic that will last the test of time (SA1 is let down by its cutscenes but otherwise looks great as well).
Also, Sonic 1 is better than Sonic 2.

Attached: robotnik pepe.png (680x680, 126K)

>most
I have a few that get a few (you)s calling me a masterbaiter so you tell me
>keys in "classic" shooters are fucking awful and add nothing to the game, especially in games like BLOOD where the maps are well designed and already have progression based obstacles anyways (which usually lead to the stupid keys)
>anyone who complains about executions in DOOM 2016 being "necessary" or causing the game to slow down have either not played the game or played it on baby difficulty modes, the reason why executions suck ass is because at the highest difficulty they serve no purpose at all
>Doom 2 is better than Doom 1
>It's perfectly fine to rate the quality of a game on existing mods that you can apply to these games
>turn based games with RNG based combat should be allowed to delete any negative steam reviews that mention RNG since whoever bitches about this is doing the equivalent of buying a first person shooter and complaining that it's in first person

Attached: 1568758664681.jpg (960x721, 100K)

>>keys in "classic" shooters are fucking awful and add nothing to the game, especially in games like BLOOD where the maps are well designed and already have progression based obstacles anyways (which usually lead to the stupid keys)
thank you
I fucking hate key-based mapdesign

Nintendo is an example of a thing made perfectly for it's time and target audience. They sell to the rest of the world only on sufferance and it shows. They don't want westerners owning or playing their games. Just Japanese who've never thought about the world outside their island

Fallout 3 is better than NV

>mgr revengeance is overrated
I think you might be confusing meme spouting and people loving the boss fights with high praises, people love the presentation of the game, the fitting music and the boss fights but I've never seen all that many people praise it as an all around amazing game, I do feel like despite it being a fun game, it's just shy of being amazing it's also the best metal gear game btw

Here's a more topical opinion that I can only assume is unpopular, or will be once exposed:
BL3's Zane potentially makes the game a better DOOM than id has or will ever make

Attached: A8DED2F8-A187-4307-ADC1-460C935CB544.jpg (1280x718, 179K)

I seriously doubt there is Borderlands character than can kill things as quickly as in a doom game

Devil May Cry 5 sucks compared to 1, 3 and 4. BIG TIME! And there are really people who genuinely think this is the best game in the series. Lmfao, this is like eating literal shit and enjoying it

Nintendo is a publisher

Fighting games are shit
Sonic is complete garbage. There isn't a single good game in the series.

Attached: 1568426245753.jpg (1064x2663, 1.38M)

He's got a skill early on that stack increase movement speed for every kill, and one that stacks gun damage based on movement speed. Not to mention the bonuses to reload speed so much the game either glitches out on the animation or just skips the reload animation.
Used in synergy makes the game retarded fast, paired with the addition of parkour as a game mechanic, the game is unironically fun as Hell and faster than Doom Eternal footage.
I was expecting to play Metal Gear sneaky subterfuge man, but I'm playing Quake instead. Shit's crazy.

>david cage "games"
Deserving a spot on the list at all

They have/had like four in-house development teams at one point.
Who do you think develops Mario/Zelda?

Agree.

I don't give a fuck if I get banned for being toxic, LOL.

Many Old Games considerd "classic" or "still good" are not worth playing at all because there are now better games and the fans are just on a nostalgy trip

I would love to know which old games you consider not worth playing anymore.

Wanna see people get triggered.

>unpopular opinion

Attached: 1563899072976.gif (216x178, 39K)

there's nothing wrong with playing games casually

Attached: 1544474073383.jpg (1435x800, 185K)

One of the most boring and disappointing sequels.

Attached: god-of-war-key-art-maxi-poster-1.133.jpg (1000x1499, 195K)

Xenogears is only good xeno game.

Attached: 1567320043324.jpg (326x412, 24K)

>Have loved god of war since 2005 release
>All of them
>Play this
>Dropped within 2 hours
>Yea Forums likes this boring shit more than the original kino games
>The general gaming audience too
>It even sold more than other games in the franchise

I have never felt more betrayed as a fan of a video game series.

Attached: 1564080330076.gif (160x160, 512K)

Fallout 3 was better than New Vegas.

If you include DLC and Dishonored, you better put Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches into at least top tier

ORAS is the definitive version of Hoenn.

I don’t think Smash deserves its own board, and neither do the mods

pokemon has the same level of developer creativity and iterative change per game as call of duty but nintendo retards will buy every game every year anyway because they eat glue for breakfast

Fine but don’t come here complaining about it because that says otherwise

How dare you.

The fanbase for Pokemon is honestly unstoppable and has been for 20 years.

Some within the fanbase has bought every single game day one.

Attached: 1557638029768.webm (480x270, 2.8M)

For Yea Forums or just in general? Wonderful 101 was one of the best games to come out in the last decade, and I know at least a few people here agree with me.

Both series are good formulas and Pokemon puts out games way less often

turn based combat is antiquated and not good for 99% of games made in the 21st century

Not really that unpopular in general but definitely unpopular for Yea Forums:
Brutal Doom and especially Project Brutality are direct upgrades over vanilla Doom and Doom 2.

FF9 is shit in almost every way. It's a half finished mess that is only saved by a decent atmosphere and the fact that all the other 3d ff games where either divisive or outright terrible.

Attached: Ffixbox.jpg (220x211, 19K)

Depends on what people define as toxic. Regular trash talking seems to get people slapped by Blizzard. Racist nonsense, yeah I agree should be purged.

I really don't understand why this game is so highly regarded, I'd honestly rather play FF8.

Jak 2 is better than TPL.

All Rockstar games are trash.

You have never played The Warriors.

>be really into Pokémon when it first came out in elementary school
>play red/blue/yellow
>watch the show
>collect the cards
>play Snap and Stadium at friends’ houses
>play silver/gold
It was a magical time. I naturally drifted away from it sometime after that, and only played part of Sapphire which I borrowed from a friend. Picked it back up in 2016 for Sun/Moon which I enjoyed the visuals but it’s enough for me for the next 20 years again.

It’s impressive how long the series has been going strong for, across multiple generations (my kid will probably like Pokémon), but man I look at some of my friends who haven’t skipped a single gen and can’t believe they can be so into it. also people put way too much value into the bank and crossing of Pokémon from game to game.

>unpopular
on Yea Forums or general?
for Yea Forums: Dragon's Dogma is not very good.
for general: the first Mass Effect is the best game in the franchise

Deus Ex
Morrowind
Gothic 2

skyrim is the best elder scrolls game and you dont need any mods to make it that

even tho the warrior/werewolve questline sucks

Was about to post this but control-fd to check.
The games are the same formula, with a few new pokemon each time. Basically a JRPG with all the negatives that come with it.
I remember playing Yellow(?) on the Gameboy Color and finding it okay. The next I played was Diamond on the DS and thought it was good until a friend told me I was wrong to like it and that Soul Silver(?) was the best, only to play it and it be the same game.
Really don't get the appeal, since each game I beat with my starter plus 3 pokemon with barely any difficulty.

Also I happened to miss the Pokémon Go craze that my generation fostered. I happened to go abroad for two weeks right when it came out, and then returned after Niantic put out some patch that people hated and stopped playing.

Attached: B3ECB7FE-E84E-4AD5-8D36-840F79BF1162.png (558x382, 217K)

Alex Mercer (Prototype) was never good and James Heller has always been better than him

Mercer didn't even have a personality until 2 because he was a blank slate rpg amnesiac so I don't know why people are angry a plank of wood became more then that.

Attached: heller.jpg (620x400, 48K)

>final fantasy, xeno, fire emblem, and 90% of jap games are weeb waifubait trash that only exist to fill the screen with incel fap material
>women could actually make good programmers as their minds are naturally suited to programmatic tasks, yet instead they get English majors and write horrible fanfic-tier “””stories””” and use vidya as an excuse to push whatever narrative is hot this year so they can continue to look inclusive and SO BRAVE
>if your game uses identity politics at all as a mechanism, you deserve to have your game deleted from human existence
>ditto for any game that pushes the LGBT agenda. You are literally mentally ill and no amount of flowery prose will change that you will never live a normal, happy, healthy life. Pick a different medium to peddle your child-luring mental poison
>until niggers either stop being 50% of violent crime while 12% of the population, or work to improve their overall IQ scores to bring them in line with every other race, putting them in vidya (especially as main characters) is an exercise in self-serving back-patting. You want to look like such a *good person* for doing this, yet ignore the fact that all of their performances need to be redone by professional voice actors so it doesn’t sound like a fifth-grader in the SPED class stole the mic. Maybe don’t use animals for your next project?
>cosmetic items good, loot box bad. Just pay for a skin you want instead of spending three times as much and still not getting it from le random gods omg I got a slightly rare partially used buttplug! Omg it has a rainbow sticker on it! Based!!!
>religion has no place in vidya, nor life. It is merely an idea created by humans to shield ourselves from the “scary” fact that nothing happens to us after we die. Pushing your magical sky guy (whether they be recently-imagined or fabricated 2000 years ago), is not only disingenuous, but it proves you suck at writing and have unfixable plot holes

mgsv is the best mgs. it's the only one that isn't more cutscenes than gameplay, since i play videogames for the, you know, GAMEplay. and yeah, it was unfinished, but even in its final state it's the best stealth game of all time, mechanically and gameplay wise.

>Bloom
Aaaaand droped

Attached: dwadwadwa.jpg (1920x1080, 782K)

Earthbound is shit*
Pokemon is shit
Chrono trigger is shit

*)Mother 3 is great tho

*yawn*

Attached: 846D9B6F-15E8-4C0F-82F3-62B69738CDD9.gif (320x228, 1.78M)

>Detroit and TLOU being anywhere near the top
youtube.com/watch?v=LkbTHPEOrls

gaming fucking sucks and has long been a source of idleness and disgust for me and i wish i could find better hobbies, ive gotten into going to the gym and playing racquetball but man theres nothing most younger guys are into besides video games or even worse chopping their own dicks off. thought about getting into model airplanes or ships, speaking of which ive been having these daydreams for the past 6 months where i work on a container ship, isolated from civilization outside of the routine stops at port across the world, cozying up in my cabin reading between shifts. that sounds nice. also reading would be good to get into as well.

Attached: 817Ftxd7buL._SX679_.jpg (679x509, 45K)

A lot of the appeal and identity of MGS is its characterization and storyline though. MGSV has amazing gameplay mechanics though. I just wish they were plopped into a more story-heavy game with less open-world and more “small sandbox” areas based on the mission

so you like menu management with 3 every 5 seconds as opposed to actual gameplay?

Glad to see my opinion won’t be read by unintelligent niggers with low attention spans. Stay fierce, queen!

>I didn’t read it

Attached: FEDDAC23-0C47-4726-BAC7-4952FFCC8581.jpg (300x300, 9K)

i get that, it's my favourite series. but if you've ever played Splinter Cell you know what a plain good stealth game should be like, and MGSV (GZ even more so) is the closest to that.

like, i'll love a game like mgs 1-4 on the first playthrough, but the mechanics should be good enough to keep me going if i ever want to play again. i don't want to click skip for a cutscene in the menu after every setpiece.

It might not be that good, but definitely nothing came close so far.
How hard it is to make free open-world game with mod support, fucking lazy twats

you really went all over the place with this one, on the whole you sound agreeable but the part about religion and women making good programmers sounds pretty unfounded to me.

Attached: pipe.png (507x378, 541K)

Assassin's creed Unity is a great game, top3 in the franchise

I practice Judaism.

Israeli Jews made 9/11 happen but they botched the attack so they just pulled the buildings, building 7 included- and swept everything under the rug. They did this for global money laundering purposes (transfer money during the chaos) and also used it to drag America into yet another war against Israel's neighboring countries.

Attached: 2551666-2066011846-recor.jpg (711x960, 186K)

google dancing israelis

I think it’s more of a comfy low-key experience for most people, especially since most of the game revolves around easy grinding and collecting. The thing I don’t agree with is importance people put on transferring Pokémon from your old game to the new one you’ve already beaten (outside of masking a feeling that you’ve wasted your time with those Pokémon). Just enjoy them as individual experiences.

Well step one is to google “would women make good programmers”. I thought it was baloney myself but it’s true. They have a knack for it, they just don’t like the work. Women usually pick jobs that make them “feel” like they’re making a difference, so go figure.

Step 2 is to google “proof god exists”. I’ll wait here while you go gather the mountains of evidence.

That's not unpopular, the fans and bandwagoners are just extremely loud.

>I think Quake 1 and 2 are overrated and that Quake 3 is better.
Nigga, they are basically different genres, there is no proper singleplayer to Q3.
And my opinion is Unreal Tournament 3 was fine and even better than UT99.

I actually enjoy video games and think everyone here bitches too much. So many fucking asshats here have fallen into the outrage culture trap of looking for the next thing to be mad at to the point of not even qualifying as having actual opinions. They just regurgitate and gargle whatever gets people screaming the loudest.

Attached: EEtUheyUYAAy4uO.jpg (500x285, 23K)

>Women usually pick jobs that make them “feel” like they’re making a difference
That’s a good thing for job satisfaction and life happiness
>Religion has no place in vidya
Just because it isn’t real doesn’t mean it doesn’t belong in fictional stories, you sperg.

This. Yea Forums bitches and gets legit upset about the most asinine things as much as the other groups of people they pretend they’re better than.

JRPGs aren't video games.
SaGa is an exception, albeit not a very good one, and not anymore now that its corpse is being raped.
If you don't have to be cognitively present to experience a game, it's not a game. Telltale QTEs are more vidya than JRPGs.
Japan can only do Action/ARPGs.

agreed. tired of people screaming "DROPPED" because of some minor aspect of a game that doesn't affect the gameplay in the slightest

The one in most recent memory for me was the pointless shitstorm over entirely inconsequential stuff in Ion Maiden

PAC-MAN has been completely garbage and/or mediocre after the PAC-MAN World games. It only lives (barely) by rehashes and altered takes of the arcade formula.
The Elder Scrolls and Fallout have been extremely shit for a while and they should’ve been getting scrutinized harder before Fallout 76 happened.

Only AAA games should be made

Attached: me.png (1080x1313, 1.16M)

This post defines this new era of Yea Forums
You would never see a post like this 2-3 years ago.

This is neo Yea Forums

Code Veronica is the best RE game

>she
>her

>t. Underage that can’t into bantz

Games as an industry is what killed video games

I really like Jak II

Unless you play 16 hours a day and don't have a job, then you aren't a real Gamer.

>definition of toxic shifts
>youre pepe avatar is racist now
>banned

I dont understand why retards like you dont comprehend the slippery slope were sliding down.

Theyve been putting out annual releases since 2009 with 1 break.

Most PC games aged like complete garbage which is why Yea Forums pretends to like them for the sake of being contrarian
Ocarina of Time, The Last of Us, Final Fantasy VI & Chrono Trigger are masterpieces

>toxic
Anyone who uses this term should be executed

FFXIV requires no skill
There's no variation in builds or actions you can take, any point where you could die/wipe is solved by knowing what's about to happen because everything happens the same every time
the biggest threat in the game is your teammates not the only things they were given
even WoW has more challenging content

>pushing a centuries-long lie is okay because muh vidyer
Brainlets really do post here 24/7, huh

STALKER is shit
Zelda, Sonic games are shit
All platformers and RTS games are shit.
Most if not all JRPGs are shit.
Female protagonist games are shit.
Most "epic Yea Forums approved classics" are horrible overrated elitist trash.
There are way too many more to name, TLDR; I believe that "4channel" has garbage taste and are just like sheeps trying to fit in the "outcast" group while making fun of "normies" for trying to fit in in their social circles.

Sonic was never good

Attached: Screenshot_20190915-174940.png (1080x2160, 1.64M)

Post your top 5, m’lord

Sauce

>yfw you realize dodging AOEs, role positioning, and skill rotation still requires more thought than any other game Square, Enix, and Square-Enix have ever produced
What the actual fuck is the point of this company? To make shoddily-written movies and CGI trailers?
Why do people play JRPGs?
As embarrassing as XIV is, it still has more to do in combat alone than even SMT.
JRPGs are fucking embarrassing. Combat is shite and 9/10 the only gameplay element. Can't RP because Japs can't into non-linear, branching storytelling. Characters are always generic tropes with no depth or development.

I'm more partial to "imprisonment and thrown into a re-education camp indefinitely."

Killing dissenters outright is just messy and makes you look like the bad guy. It's better to forcibly brainwash them until the funding runs out. That way you get a generation of zealots to spew your preferred ideology for decades after the fact.

It's why normies are soft on communism yet harsh toward nazism. Bad PR can really make a world of difference, even if you kill far less people by comparison.

Attached: 1565729080914.jpg (520x387, 172K)

Modern JRPGs are compete garbage.

Bloodborne is by far the most overrated game of the past decade

I dislike the gameplay of the first 2 MGS games

Attached: 1562804471464.jpg (913x1176, 143K)

Diablo 3 is an awesome game

Really hard to name top 5 since my tastes over time changed while my memories of the game remain as they did at the time. Some games that come to mind though are: Deus Ex, CS 1.6, Morrowind, Hitman Blood Money, KotOR, Need for Speed MW, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, Far Cry 3, GTA SA, Bioshock, Modern Warfare, Fallout NV, GTA IV, Dead Space, Batman Arkham Asylum, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect, Mafia 2, Dishonored, GTA 5. Can't be bothered to name more but you should get the gist of my taste. If I replayed some of them I might not like them now but I thouroughly enjoyed these games and rated them highly while I did play them.

Bro, imagine being a white working dude, and be overcome by a black nigger whit a dauthger subplot that nobody cares about,
Fuck heller

CoD zombies it's one of the best coops modes ever

Attached: 1565400899350.png (720x628, 72K)

If the final boss isn't the hardest boss, and doesn't require you to use all the skills you've developed in the game- you've fucked up.

Also if your game doesn't have bosses or boss-like challenge sequences, it's not worth playing.

as opposed to?

>toxic
nice bait

Starfox 64 has the best gameplay of the entire Starfox franchise. The re-dubbing of all the lines in the 3DS version was a sacrilegious waste of money and development time.

Like wtf do you mean by not worth playing? These games are all piss cheap and you will probably very easily find them for free too.

>mega man 2
>Ducktales

Wait, did you say good soundtrack? Oh, nevermind, you're right

>all these games are shit because I say so
>posts plenty of trash Yea Forums-approved titles
Based retard, I knew your lie would only last so long.

based

I dislike them all. Refunded V. Only liked MGRRRR

>What is Dragon's Dogma
I ain't talkin' about FLYYYYYING INTO FREEEEEE either, that shit's a meme, a good one at that but fuck it, the actual OST is the tits.
Coils of Light will rock your world.

Dark Souls is a JRPG

Nier Automata is dull and only appealing to normies who think existentialism is deep.

Cringe, you seem to be getting really angry over me stating that some of the titles you obssess over are trash. No need to be so angry little man, settle down.

The greatest musical composition ever written by Koji Kondo was the credits theme used in Yoshi's Island for the SNES

Final Fantasy 6 is the best Final Fantasy game, and yes, it only gets good from a gameplay perspective after the 80 hour mark.

everything is a talmudic psyop

Sonic Adventure is more entertaining than Mario 64. And 64 was my favorite game growing up.

Attached: 973596BE-E71C-46CB-A151-E55B2459ED37.jpg (265x190, 15K)

*Everything in America

Ftfy

>Final Fantasy 6 is the best Final Fantasy game
>it only gets good from a gameplay perspective after the 80 hour mark
How does it feel to be this bogged?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, though, what occurs at the 80 hour mark that makes the gameplay suddenly a masterpiece?
What separates FFVI from every other shitty JRPG?

I actually just think it’s funny how someone can stomp in here to claim so many “4channel” titles are trash, yet the majority of the titles you listed are in fact Yea Forums-approved. So who really has the shit taste? And nice projecting, I guess calling out disingenuous liars is “really angry” now? Or maybe deflecting blame just isn’t your strong suit ;)

good thing this is a unpopular opinion thread

I got banned in 2005 for say nigger for an online game I played. A friend got banned for playing an MMO with his car named "The nigger crusher" back then, too.

It's always been like this.

>these games are garbage!
>yet not these arbitrary ones I picked
>but don’t hold me to that! I reserve the right to call them trash still if you try to assert I actually liked these games!
>haha aren’t u angry?
People who refuse to make a choice because they are afraid of what others might say are truly the biggest brainlets

Pokemon and sonic are shit series' that have never had any good games

Banjo Tooie is better than Banjo Kazooie

Mega Man X3 is the worst out of the first 6 X games

But thats literally the mainstream opinion

Attached: 1567174513029.gif (320x240, 856K)

When you visit a country far outside the reaches of (((them))) it's like traveling to a different time. People actually appear to be enjoying their lives, happy friends and families walking about, people legitimately cheery to be working, strangers interacting naturally and friendly to each other. If you ever get a chance to flee, DO IT.

Go to a coastal American city on a weekday and everyone acts like they have a gun to their head. Rushing about, speeding through the streets in a state a permanent anxiety. Exhausted workers sweating and struggling to smile at you. Eerily quiet times of day where populated areas look like ghost towns because everyone is at their jobs slaving away. The hook nosed tribe literally turns every country under their influence into a slave caste.

Attached: 1568234639241.png (400x581, 113K)

How can you think it's worse than X6?

I beat Banjo Tooie 100%, or at least close to 100%.

In Banjo Kazooie I got up to Click Clock Wood and stopped because I didn't want to backtrack and Clankers Cavern was a pain in the ass. Also there's no real way of knowing which jiggies you missed.

Banjo Kazooie has to be the shittiest platformer ever. Extremely overrated, Mario 64 is better in every way.

Weakest OST and the level design (so many large stretches of nothing) and bosses are bluh

Call of Duty

I'll give you the ost but the level design in X6 is so much worse. Metal Shark Player and Gate 2 are the worst stages in the whole X series.

Zelda is overrated as fuck

Nier: Automata is overrated because the normal and hard difficulties have the problem where one option is too easy and the other is too punishing. There's also very little incentive to master the gameplay because dodge spamming is usually the best option.

Sounds like you're just bad at it. The mech suits and upgrade chips were a real fuckin neato mechanic. Plus you can sacrifice Zero and get his sword that's fucking dope.

X2 and X3 are equally harsh on the player though. Fuck up any of the pivotal moments and you'll be forced to get the less-good ending or miss out on good end game gear. The fact that Zero dies permanently in X3 if you sub him in and die was really unforgiving. Also if you choose an upgrade chip just to try it Dr Light is like "fuck you, you made your choice no backsies"

Sometimes a mon just grows on you.
That one motherfucker you cought early on and you kept on levelling and who carried you through the top4 or something. I want this guy to be with me in the next game.

As a franchise yes, as individual games, not all of them are overrated.

Daemonxmachina is a really good game

but its unpopular on "Yea Forums - the vidya" you moron

Half Life was bland generic shit.

A story including some benevolent (or evil) powerful entity that the protagonists have to deal with is hardly promoting real life religion. You just can’t separate the two because of your autism. I bet you think the dragon in Dragonball corrupts youth.

Tales of Symphonia 2 is a good game and Emil is one of the better characters in the franchise. Lloyd is a shitty character and a piece of cardboard has more depth than him.

Every Sony console is poorly made garbage

This is mostly true compared to the competitors. I think the PS2 was fine though. Shame that MS has such a shit lineup of exclusives (read: none) because their hardware for Xbone has been great.

I always thought it was funny how Nintendo is very reluctant to admit that OoT/MM are their best Zelda games.

They could milk that shit for all it's worth but I think they're afraid of capitalizing on it because they really don't understand why it is people like it so much and they're afraid of missing the mark entirely by revisiting them.

They don't want to make the same mistake as nu-starwars and reveal that they have zero understanding of why their classic titles are classics. So instead they always put a big spin or gimmick on every Zelda game.

Attached: 1562008522549.jpg (564x845, 37K)

They certainly are the most brick prone. My PS4 barely chugs along and can't even feed discs into itself without me physically assisting it.

I swear they build their consoles with finite lifespans in mind in order to sell more.

>Tales of Symphonia 2 is a good game
It's shit by virtue of its namesake. If it was standalone, it might've been better, but it was doomed to ape off a game popular by its own merits.
You don't climb the ladder by tearing others off of it.

Attached: D8FA3ADC-6BFD-4D9C-9209-6F519B592434.jpg (335x300, 38K)

Wrong. It’s because developers generally (Nintendo especially) don’t want to work on the exact same thing again. You can call them “gimmicks” all you want, but first and foremost they want to make games, and mixing up game mechanics makes their job interesting. Miyamoto specifically won’t make a sequel unless he has an idea to mix things up in a series.

>Xenogears is a terrible game with an interesting story. But Xenoblade 1 is actually what Xenogears should have been.
>Zelda BOTW is just okay but as a Zelda game, it has no identity of its own
>Okami Den is better than Okami in every way. Especially since it doesn't have Issun.
>There is nothing wrong with game companies having their own launchers, as long as they release their own games on their platform, and allow other devs to make their game available on every platform.
>There is nothing wrong with wanting Steve in Smash. Problem is that the deal with Microsoft was only for Banjo. Plus Steve doesn't have much potential for a moveset.
>The vita was a great console. Same goes for the Wii U
>Half Life 1 was a good game. HL 2 forces its story and ugly characters onto you which makes it annoying to play through.

I hate the whole slot loading disc drive meme.
Flip tops are compact and they don't break.

Age of Empires III was the best one

Attached: 1558632515298.png (640x773, 49K)

Smash is a pretty terrible game, everyone (including me) only likes it because of IP crossover. Power Stone 2 is a good example of what Smash would be like if it was actually fun and well made.

REmake is a great game, but it completely destroys the great atmosphere the original had. They added too many things that don't make any sense in universe, like a silent hill/hell room in the graveyard, thunder and lightening outside the windows and chains rattling behind the walls. They turned the mansion into a dumb highschool haunted house.

PS1 graphics actually hold up very well and have an incredibly charming retro feel. I would love to play some new games that look like Warhawk or Jumping Flash.

shit meant to reply to the op

I liked Crysis 2 and thought it was better than the first one.

Attached: 1421699577183.jpg (1230x690, 109K)

OoT/MM were popular because they were revolutionary for the genre and video games.
All the franchise needed to do was get better, but they keep trying goofy shit in order to be hailed as the "next big thing".
Like fuck me, can you really not make an action game where you twink can move while swinging a sword or have combos? The fuck? Why can Capcom do this but (You) can't, Aonuma?
Give Itsuno this raggedy series. Maybe the fanbase will remember what a good game is instead of blind obsession with paper thin lore.
>The Sheikah were an ancient, technologically advanced race of neon blue light ninjas
>mfw

Attached: 1B9B13F2-C3D2-42DA-9471-F436075807C1.gif (240x194, 1.37M)

I love Chrono Cross.

Wii U was a great console, but it’s unique features were underutilized even by Nintendo. Once the poor branding and marketing had led to a failure in sales, and the Switch was in development, I’m sure they didn’t want to corner themselves with two screens so they could port any game.

Are they unaware that you can get better at established game mechanics?
Are they oblivious that Ocarina of Time is hailed not necessarily for inventing certain ideas but tweaking them to near fluid perfection for the time?
>You can have state-of-the-art core gameplay
>or a gimmick that falls apart after five minutes and potentially ruins the game
What the actual fuck?
Keep pretending this busted corporation knows what a video game is.
The only half-decent game they've produced was "Tanks" from Wii Play. There's an actual fucking game for you, not this embarrassing shit.

This right here

Souls and Souls-like features are the gaming equivalent of a placebo

FYI Miyamoto is a turbo autist, in case you haven't been keeping up for the last nineteen years of this century, so best not use him as a point of reference.
Remember when he climbed trees in BotW for three hours because it reminded him of when he wasn't a cynical slit-eyed cunt Hell-bent on ruining franchises?

It's just strange how no nonsense OoT is. It's a pure, straightforward Zelda game. There's a time travel element but that's basically the same as ALttp's dark world mechanic. Like good Italian food, it's the quality and balance of the ingredients that makes it good. Majoras Mask basically did the same idea except the 3 days and nights are essentially different versions of the same world to explore. It's an extension of the same concept.

The new Zelda games are like It's Zelda but you're a dog! Or it's Zelda... at sea! Or it's Zelda... but with a bird instead of a horse! Or it's Zelda... but outdoors!"

If you're someone who just like balanced action rpg dungeon crawling and exploration, these new game gimmicks are just the toll you have to pay the the tiny sliver of gameplay you actually want.

thing is, is that it got games like Zombi U, Wonderful 101 or Nintendo Land, that proved that the Wii U had tons of potential for great gameplay ideas.

Hadhelds are better fun providers than pcs and home consoles.

>yfw you realize the LoZ fanbase thinks the franchise is in a genre of its own

Attached: AB45F6F5-D219-49E2-8140-98F4EFE26B59.jpg (537x534, 75K)

dark souls 2 is the best dark souls game
BoTW is overrated as fuck

Death Stranding looks interesting and unique and the fact that I can't discuss it on here without the thread being completely overrun with shitposts is suspicious as fuck

Name a game that's gameplay is nearly identical to OoT.

I mean it looks interesting in the I'd probably watch it as an eight part miniseries on Hulu interesting.
Strictly speaking, the game looks like dogshit.

This, but with Sony

Attached: sony.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

Adventure

>these games do things different but they’re not different
>but THESE games do thing different and are bad because they’re different

Okami
Puppeteer, Gravity Rush

The Switch and Nintendo in general is massively overrated

Do you ACTUALLY believe ocarina is still unique in 2019? Name a third person adventure rpg with melee and ranged forms of combat. There you go.

.hack//IMOQ is better gameplay wise and story wise than .hack//GU

>Gravity Rush
Being this much PS4 GR secondary. Game is 6/10 max on vita

I believe he was trying to illustrate how naturally and inoffensive the purported gimmick was in OoT, as compared to say, Wind Waker.
in Ocarina of Time, the Time aspect is established quickly and plays a part in the story and gameplay and is equally harmless as it is interesting.
in Wind Waker, however, the "sea" as a setting/gimmick is pointless until the very fucking end when exposition starts getting dumped, and the sailing is bar none one of the worst game mechanics to ever be forced.
See the difference, you ignorant mongoloid? There's game design, and gimmick design. After MM, these fags were out of ideas, and the design work reflects it, Hell it even showed during parts of MM.
Could the sea/sailing have worked? Of course, but it didn't, because it was implemented horribly. So much so they even backtracked on it in that cash grab re-release, and they fucked the bloom so hard nobody even remembers that they backtracked.
Nintendo is a fucking travesty.

bruh it's got puzzles though, lmao
we talos principle now

I like open world games

Being cis is no a crime. I know with all the "He's in(side of me)" and "Make the Switch" threads Yea Forums look more like an MtF general from /lgbt/ but being cis and straight really isn't a crime and shouldn't be treated like one which, yes, stands in extreme contrast to the common behaviour from wide parts of Yea Forums right now.

OH BOY! Is this the thread where we say our very popular opinions on Yea Forums?

I think most people do, they just get confused because shit game design is easier to attribute to an idea than a person.
Shit game designers will make shit games, regardless if they're linear or open.

Dead Cells and Celeste are awful.

>if the performance of the character depends on the player's reaction times and not on dice rolls on their stats, it's not a RPG.

Attached: 1360050858853.jpg (400x300, 48K)

This is why ARPGs are the best genre.
Requires cognitive awareness, as well as pre-planning.

>Seriously, how hard is it to just shut the fuck up and not spam racist / hateful shit in a videogame?
Mute them if it annoys you that much nigger.

yeah but as per ARPG are not RPGs

>2d platformers are trash
that's not unpopular, that's true

Metal slug is an underrated series and should have gotten more publicity.

Stay mad. At the industry. At your life.

Attached: A2E4939E-E93A-4B55-8F5C-C2A62B8D3173.gif (325x235, 1.59M)

The Dark Souls series is mediocre and bland. It's claim to fame is difficulty. Without being something faggots can screech "git gud" about, Dark Souls would be nothing.
SEGA and Nintendo are so shit at making games, you literally can't name 10 good games without multiple being from the same series. I don't understand their praise, at all, besides weebs and autistic manchildren.
Rockstar games has always stuck with the same formula for their open-world games and it's actually less innovative than EA Sports games, but as long as there's plenty of flashy graphics and easter eggs, retards just gobble it up.
There has never been a single good capeshit game to represent DC comics and Marvel barely has any.
The only games worth playing on current-gen consoles are continuations of a series started years prior.
MMOs and esports began the swift decline of the gaming industry long before mobile games existed.
Japanese games require so much backpedalling, trial-and-error, and independent research that it's barely fucking worth it. Imagine playing a game of cards with someone and they barely inform you of the rules. When you start getting frustrated, a bunch of fat or anorexic losers come out of the woodwork bashing you, saying you're a retard for not knowing what to do. That's bullshit. The point of a game is to understand the mechanics or have easy enough mechanics to learn over time, not just shove a bunch of bullshit down your throat, alongside faggoty male characters, pedobait female characters, a laughable storyline, and godawful unskippable cutscenes. Japan is full of slant-eyed hillbillies, fuck you if you think any different.

RPGs are barely RPGs nowadays, anyway.
The genre really needs to get its tag reined in.
I mean damn, Skyrim is an RPG? Fucking Dragon Quest is an RPG? Lmao

flak fade away with a torque shotgun with the sticky option will melt bosses stupidly fast

Autism

I knew the chances were slim but was really hoping the SNK rep in smash would be the Metal Slug characters

Wise words.
Idiocy.

Whether people realize it or not, The Souls series claim is its setting mixed with its unique brand of difficulty derived from enemy skillsets and telegraph times, while not being reliant on heavy action combo-combat.
It was the right thing at the right time.
The "git gud" meme is parroted by people who probably barely scraped by and never actually got good at all, but just devolved into PVP shit after being iron manned by summons. Don't let a game be defined by an abhorrent and minuscule portion of its playerbase.

If you're speaking of classic or traditional RPGs sure, I will give you that, but the term is just "Role-Playing Game", which is a term vague any enough to argue that any game where the player must think and act in-character is one.
So even those erotic novels where neckbeards get to be Chad for once are rpgs, sorry to tell ya.

Echoes are the worst part of Smash culture brought to life. Additions that do literally nothing functionally different outside of “I like Dark Samus”. Give them a couple different attacks or stats to differentiate them slightly from the original character, so that picking them is meaningful in some way.

Attached: DC2604FE-622A-452B-88CC-73CAF667008D.gif (244x194, 653K)

I have literally never encountered a single fan of Dark Souls/Bloodborne (outside of Yea Forums) that isn't a pompous prick about the difficult games they play as if virtual masochism is of merit. I'm not saying the don't exist, I'm not even mocking you based on taste, but in my experience they are not the "minority" you claim. Hopefully that changes.

if you intend the term that way, the every game is a RPG, as you "play a role" in the game.

Half life 2 is garbage
FF7 is garbage and cloud is an edgy faggot
Tank controls are bad no exceptions
Souls games are only popular cause they are difficult
Walking simulators can be good
If you complain about a game with no intention of playing it pre release you are cancer
Nostalgia does not mean a game is still good
Fallout 4 is alright
Duke controller is good if you didn't like it you have baby hands
Too many faggots on this hell hole have yellow fever

>HL2 is garbage
Sounds like you can’t look at a game in the context of its release
>Cloud is edgy
Mfw

Attached: 63D5BD9B-D5DA-4572-9DC4-C52DB54F3A48.gif (194x172, 495K)

I didn't agree with what you said of Half-Life 2 or Fallout 4 but otherwise, absolutely BASED user. I could see myself being your friend.

It's only a vague term because people twist it to be.
It had a definition, one you know refer to as "classic" or "traditional", and now any fucking game is "by definition" an RPG. You're Link, you play the role of Hero, IT'S AN RPG!
Shit makes no sense and destroys the entire reason for genres and tags in the first place. What is the point of labeling anything if the label is so ambiguous that it doesn't describe the product?
Fuck this assbackwards industry. A pox upon all past, present and future incorrect vidya taggers.
Why do people even do it, anyway? Is it because RPGs have a reputation for shitty combat, so games can get away with it by labeling themselves RPGs regardless of mechanics? or is it because being nerds became mainstream, and nerds like D&D and RPGs, but I don't actually want to play RPGs so fuck you The Legend of Zelda is an RPG now, see BotW? It has numbers, IT'S AN RPG, I'M SUCH A NERD.
I'll choke a bitch over this shit, I swear.

Attached: F01AEBE5-FA0D-4387-B95C-08629D1AA149.gif (581x327, 3.72M)

there are so many good older games that I wouldn't care if new games just stopped existing

Attached: 1567355335902.png (512x384, 10K)

breath of the wild is not only not a good zelda game, it's not a good game in general.

VNs count as video games

so based it hurts.

Attached: 1268691221309.jpg (650x867, 61K)

SMT 2 is the best mainline game

Attached: 1560141194048.png (236x295, 90K)

Vidya are fun.

Half Life 3 has been outlined forever, but we’ll never get it until Gabe’s satisfies with what VR can provide and the market is big enough

Yea Forums is nothing but a pack of attention whores desperate for somebody to notice and validate them.
They don't care if that validation comes from being called a retard or autistic or being told to dilate or have sex or whatever.
They just want somebody to talk to them, and it's really sad behavior from presumed adults.

Attached: mimir-head.jpg (800x600, 91K)

i don't like playing video games

Zelda is the most mediocre of Nintendo's big franchises. Nothing about it is unique or interesting and the series hasn't been innovative since Ocarina of Time.

Black and White were the best Pokemon games and every subsequent gen has been progressively worse. Sun and Moon were unplayable garbage.

Fallout 3 is an excellent game. One of the best WRPGs ever made.

The FF7 extended universe is all good. Advent Children Complete is a good movie (especially if you watch Code Denzel first) and Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core are good games that add interesting things to the FF7 lore.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is tied for the best game in the Metal Gear series.

>pokemon gsc is awful; johtoddlers always have to rely on the "soul/soulless" maymay because they can't defend it on its own merits
>"open-world pokemon" would be even worse than the current shovelware
>persona 3 is by far the worst game in the series and one of the worst jrpgs i've ever played
>the snes, gamecube, and ds are the only good nintendo consoles, the wii u and 3ds are okay, everything else has been shit
>microsoft has never made a good console and never will, since they don't truly care about the medium at all
>both steam and epic are bloatware; "launchers" shouldn't exist on pc
>indie games are mostly garbage and often bigger cash grabs than western aaa
>mobile gacha shit is no better than lootboxes; nobody will ever believe gacha whales when they claim they've never spent a dime on these "games"
>monolith is the most overrated studio on Yea Forums, every game they've made has been trash
>normal cutscenes are preferable to the tricks that western developers use to artificially lower their cutscene-to-gameplay ratio (such as "interactive cutscenes," forced walk-and-talk segments, and long exposition dumps through text boxes)

Attached: 1560170586200.jpg (924x594, 258K)

Wrong. Overrated maybe, but you're a cunt.
No opinion.
Yes, bad controls are bad, hot take buddy.
Souls games are also popular because of their lore and atmosphere.
I agree with this but I suspect your taste is shit.
Yes.
If you have nostalgia about something it means it was good in the past. Subjective.
Fallout 4 is a okay in a bubble but a disgrace to the rest of the series.
No opinion.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the yellow fever.

>Dirge of Cerberus
You tipped your hat

Have you tried getting good at the game, you limp-dicked faggot?

Nostalgia gives nintendo too much passes for their BS

What said.

Also: Arena FPS aren't dead because people don't want to play them, they are dead because no one did a good job trying to bring them back. Quake Live died because the forced steam migration gutted everything from archivements ot friendlist, and it madestarting the game worse then when it was browser addon based. Other Arena FPS clones died because the map / weapon design was so bland it hurt eyes. Quake Champions is dead because it's a bad coded game that was meant to be a microtransaction platform.

you forgot about the paid shills and the FBI agents.

Attached: 1315653847002.gif (320x240, 53K)

I say this all the time. I honestly wish they'd just stop making video games altogether so that I could spend the rest of my life catching up on all the games that I would like to play but haven't.

People who make posts complaining about how they have nothing good to play or have "played every good game" are fucking retards.

not unpopular

Attached: angry todd.jpg (229x220, 5K)

Agreed. I always hated the boring ass enemies
Nah
Nah
Souls games aren't even fucking hard
Agreed
Depends what you're bitching about but often on here that's true
Can't say
Eh
Nothing wrong with liking cute Asians.

What bs exactly

This user is correct. Latest arena fps attempts are just quake 3 clones. What people played way more of was shit like UT2004. Those games were way more about fun and had a fuck ton more variety, with actually enjoyable singleplayer.

Being toxic is so much more than just being le mean hateful/racist man.

The only people I've met that were genuinely toxic were passive-aggressive faggots that very knowingly comply with the rules, without a fail, to be as insufferable and demeaning as possible to their teammates in an attempt to either get kicked off the game (they throw too, by the way) or elicit a justified reaction for a wrongthink report. The people who type n.igger in Rainbow Six Siege to get past filters or teabag don't type shit out and you'd have to be a literal child to be bothered enough by an off-hand shitpost like that.

The system will crumble under the weight of its own defenders. You people are scum, I hope you get banished to the shadow realm with all the faggots yelling nigger in VC. They're not even as troublesome after a mute.

Attached: 8324.jpg (1080x1064, 81K)

shitty combat in Zelda games
not him btw
oh and the shoddy puzzles too, I suppose
and the endlessly reiterated storyline
and the non-characters, despite the time devoted to cutscenes
and the fuckugly graphics
and the soundtrack

I think Zelda: Ocarina of Time is shit.

Attached: 1568783807775.jpg (1242x1394, 156K)

we don't live in a society

If you don't like it, don't play it. Don't shit up the board with threads because you don't like something. If you do this, it automatically means you bought it and you will be treated like the retard you are.

>you literally can't name 10 good games without multiple being from the same series
Nintendo:
1. Mario Galaxy
2. Pokemon Crystal
3. Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War
4. Animal Crossing: Wild World
5. Metroid Prime
6. Donkey Kong Country 2
7. Punch Out Wii
8. Advanced Wars: Dual Strike
9. Majora's Mask
10. F Zero GX

That wasn't even hard. I could probably do 20. How many other companies can you do that for?

SEGA:
1. Yakuza 5
2. Bayonetta
3. Vanquish
4. Sonic Generations
5. Project Diva F
6. Sakura Taisen 3
7. Gunstar Heroes
8. Super Monkey Ball
9. Valkyria Chronicles
10. Jet Set Radio

I mean dude, do you even like video games?

Super Mario Bros 3/Super Mario Galaxy
F-Zero/ F Zero GX
Ocarina of Time/A Link to the Past
Pikmin/ Pikmin 2
Super Metroid/Metroid Prime
Luigi's Mansion
Paper Mario/Super Star Saga
Kirby Supestar Saga/Return to Dream Land
Donkey Kong Country/Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Star Fox/Star Fox 64
Pilotwings
Wave Race
Mole Mania
1080 Snowboarding
Yoshi's Island/Yoshi's Cookie

what else you want bitch?

“This game is political” is just a way to say you hate it while trying to dodge the fact that you’re giving an opinion just like everyone else.

Attached: F7288075-F182-4028-ACDB-530BA504A3D6.jpg (3264x2448, 1.45M)

Link to the Past while a necessary component to reestablishing the Zelda formula after 2 and further setting the formula the 3D games would follow is a step down from Zelda 1. The world is smaller every secret much easier to find the dark world outside having all the real dungeons feels like padding, almost any boss can be beaten by sword or arrows with ease with little exception: Mallet for Hemasaur, Hookshot helpful on Arrghus, Trinex Fire/Ice Rods which is everyone's favorite example when talking about using items not found in the same dungeon on a boss and the only meaningful example as well.

OoT is definitely overhyped, doesn't live up to the promises of Zelda 1 but isn't overrated, and while on that subject Zelda 1 isn't wholly nonlinear either as some items are required from other dungeons (though you don't necessarily need to beat said dungeons after getting the item if you want to go elsewhere).

LttP fans point out how linear OoT is, and it's true it's a very guided experience without the use of exploits and glitches, but much like with LttP and Zelda 1 there doesn't always need to be the suggested route if you are skilled enough with jumping you can get to Jabu Jabu before Death mountain, you can do Water Temple (even before finishing Forest after you get the Bow and Arrows much as you could with 1 after getting a Raft or Ladder) before 5, Spirit or Shadow before the other.

Barring any story or presentation LttP while important for establishing formula of multiple worlds or easy set of dungeons followed by hard doesn't mean it should get a free pass especially when the point of Zelda people constantly bring up is exploration whether right or wrong and it pales in comparison to the first game for it with everything being too obvious and having a very suggested linear path moreso than the first game and only slightly less so than Oot. Most standard Zelda mostly praised to be contrary to OoT rather than actually analyzed compared to 1.

Good thread

Attached: 1497309165920 (1)..jpg (258x341, 46K)

say what you want about the game, but the ost and sound effects are fucking god tier.

Smash Bros isn't a fighting game and playing it competitively is as stupid as playing tf2 competitively.

Attached: 1568615507598.gif (400x280, 1.24M)

This. Even under the thin guise of anonymity it’s mostly sad individuals desperate for attention (you don’t need to know someone’s name to socialize with them). It’s possible to have the most open and honest conversations here due to its impermanent nature, but those are so few and far between that I’m feeling like it’s not worth wading through spam, shitposts and legitimate autism to have a discussion that’s in good faith. The images are good though. I have plenty that make me chuckle

Attached: 615801D4-26D1-45E6-9A6D-EDF0A01DABDD.gif (356x200, 1.4M)

how is it not a fighting game? it's like saying power stone isn't a fighting game.

Like TF2, I think you can play it semi-seriously and skillfully, but that going competitive is reducing the quality of the experience. It doesnt matter whether you consider it a fighting game or not - it’s literally just an opinion

There is no inherent problem with backtracking or turn-based combat. If you complain about these things indiscriminately then you are a tasteless zoomer.

Tekken Tag 1 2 also aren't fighting game they're party games just like Mario Kart isn't a racing game it's a party game and nfs underground 2 is a mini game collection.

Attached: 1568195083431.jpg (249x249, 15K)

Power stone isnt a fighting game though.

I have to say niggerfaggot

>SEGA and Nintendo are so shit at making games, you literally can't name 10 good games without multiple being from the same series.
sega:
>crazy taxi
>samba de amigo
>chu chu rocket
>panzer dragoon saga
>nights into dreams
>ristar
>yakuza 5
>phantasy star iv
>virtual-on oratorio tangram
>jet grind radio
nintendo:
>kirby super star ultra
>super mario world
>zelda: a link to the past
>mother 3
>marvelous: another treasure island
>f-zero gx
>advance wars: days of ruin
>sutte hakkun
>kuru kuru kururin
>chibi-robo

by what standard?

Attached: 1555571766806.jpg (691x600, 219K)

>zoomer
Your opinion was fine till funny meme word

so easy to say so difficult to actually refute. keep being awesome Yea Forums!

>fighting game on the planet

The Sims is fun to play seriously

I stand corrected as far as Nintendo goes, still think SEGA is shit.

White supremacist racist banning has to stop though. How come whenever someone from Niger says where he's from - BAM! he gets banned?? Fucking racists.

>I have to say niggerfaggot
Why do you have to say it, are you a pokemon or something?

FFXIII is a good game

I don’t know if it counts, but every time I say something negative about a Nintendo game, the Nintendo cock suckers get really mad

Rockstar games hasn’t made anything fun or well written in years. RDR2 open world is great but the missions and interactions and story suck so bad. They should’ve just made a survival game.

For real?!?!?!?!??!?
I actually though p5 was really good, but for sure had areas it could improve on. Okumura and shido's palaces were really bad, imo. Story also slowed down there, but overall I think its an objectively good game with a great soundtrack

I like Donkey Kong 64, even with its flaws

You could say he’s a Dark type Pokémon

death stranding looks amazing, I can't wait to play it.

It might be because your rationale for why they’re bad is unfounded, garbage, or plain ridiculous.

the standard of opinion (read the OP)

He said unpopular that game is loved by most

pokemon, the entire series, sucks. the gameplay is not even remotely good or fun.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is possibly one of the worst games I've ever played. Between the sluggish controls, the five-minute horse rides at the beginning and end of every mission, the on-rails segments where your control inputs don't matter, the tedious "so real" aspects like your guns being stored on the horse, it's got everything that should piss Yea Forums off about modern games. Yet this board slurps on its dick like it's the second coming of Christ. RDR1 was vastly superior.

Attached: tip.png (335x325, 150K)

I think Yea Forums was fairly mixed on RDR2. I don’t remember much overt praise for it outside of shitposters comparing it with BOTW

Insurgency is the most skill-based shooter made to date.

That is good to know then. I have mostly seen annoyance posts here on Yea Forums.

It's not even unpopular, as much as it is that no one has ever stopped to consider it;

>Skyrim and The Witcher 3 are objectively, demonstrably the worst video games ever made and the worst thing to happen to video games in the entire history of the medium. Literally anyone, ANYONE who pretends to like these games, or worse, pretends they're high-quality products that should be emulated, is either trolling & shitposting, or is a brain-dead retard who is inherently anti-critical on purpose or just too stupid to actually have real thoughts about the media they're engaging with.

You can try and debate this, but it means that you fall into one of those categories.

cyberpunk looks great, and all the leftist pandering is just to make more money and it will go unnoticeable by the most part in game

rdr1 was boring as heck too

This hobby is far more fun when you stop looking at what the industry and media is trying to shove down your throat and just buy games at random while looking at the steam new or incoming releases.

Attached: 89zetrze849.png (694x382, 268K)

Wow so no ones allowed to argue with you on opinions pretty cool

ultrabased
been living my life like this since 2012 and i couldn't be happier

>if anyone argues with me they’re wrong
I think the retard is you

Attached: 111FD2A3-B466-41C0-A59C-B140F16588C6.jpg (720x540, 66K)

The issue with The Witcher 3 is that I enjoy it a great deal for a myriad of reasons that can't directly be attribute to CDPR.
Their game design work is complete bollocks. I have never played a game about monster hunting where every monster feels less distinguished than the humanoid enemies.

perhaps humans are the biggest monsters of all

You can argue, but you'd have to be inherently dishonest to do so. Otherwise you'd have to concede all of the massive flaws both games have that you and others gloss over purely because they're marketed as AAAA blockbuster mega-hits.

I walked into that one, but I still laughed

Attached: FD7633C5-F9C4-4958-92B1-ED55DF5F34C4.jpg (600x300, 36K)

Nice Ad hominems

>you can argue but if you do you’re being dishonest
No, it’s called you have autism and are incapable of comprehending how someone else can find value (most notably, artistic value) in something you do not.

TW3 is a strange game because after playing through it twice (once at launch, once with all the DLC on Death Marches) I concluded that the only thing the game has going for it is the thing that somehow convinces everyone it's a 10/10, is the graphics. They're not even good in most cases, but they're more polished than a lot of games and somehow that's enough to make everyone forget everything else about them.

I honestly would love if just one person could think about TW3 without the graphics, and realize that it would be just a shitty bargain-bin action game with no real redeeming qualities.

But somehow, some high-res sharp armor textures and stuff is enough to make everyone forget about literally the entire rest of the game being awful.

Please, enlighten us all in the artistic value found in Skyrim or The Witcher 3. I'd love to hear that one.

sims 1 is overrated due to nostalgia and being the only one tourists play

Super Mario Sunshine is easily the most fun 3D Mario.

Spyro 3 is better than 1. I also think TLOS series was enjoyable.

Attached: s1.jpg (740x800, 65K)

No, because based on your previous posts you actually *don't* want to hear it. Besides I was referring to your understanding of others in general, not specifically Skyrim and Witcher 3.

>games need to have an artistic value and make you think to be fun
You sound like the type of guy who unironically likes david cage games

Dark souls is tedious and boring. The setting is bland typical jrpg shit with a dark twist to it, and its difficulty partially artificial meme trash

Being 'toxic' means jack shit, retard. I know this is 99% a shitpost but boy do I get mad when people that are TERRIBLE at game X want to ban people that are good on grounds they are toxic simply because they're trash.

>people often are 'toxic' because you're dogshit at the game
>you CAN mute their 'toxic behavior' which does NOT affect gameplay in any way
>you CANNOT 'mute' their bad play, which is often what makes better players lose their shit
>the one that fucks the game over isn't bannable, the one that gives the retard one shit for it is

this thought process is cancer and retarded and I seriously hope only a vocal minority believes in this without shitposting. You can literally PLAY BAD AND FUCK YOUR TEAM OVER, but the MOMENT THEY COMPLAIN THEY GET BANNED. This is NUTS.

the only sort of 'toxic' behavior that SHOULD be punished is griefing, inting, the sort of stuff that involves THE ACTUAL GAME. No one should be banned for 'boo hoo he called me a disabled autistic triplenigger!!!!' no matter what.

Based Tier list

>>games need to have an artistic value and make you think to be fun
I didn't say that at all? Did you not read the post I was replying to where the guy specifically said that people find value in games like Skyrim and TW3, mainly artistic?

I never said a game has to have artistic value at all, because I don't believe that in any way. I'm asking him to defend his claim that if we account for the fact that both games (and I'm only talking about those two games here) are objectively poor from gameplay and design perspectives, then his assertion that there is artistic merit left means I would like to hear what that merit is.

But he isn't going to supply it, as he said here because he's not interested in backing the claim up. So I guess I have to take him at his word that there IS artistic merit that people value, but what that is must remain nebulous and undefined.

Imagine defending being a racist piece of shit this hard.

>I never said a game has to have artistic value at all,
>Please, enlighten us all in the artistic value found in Skyrim or The Witcher 3.

The Halo series is complete garbage and changed the FPS genre for the worse.

He only said that because I brought it up. I’m pretty sure he thinks otherwise.

Only good Witcher game was the first one.

So you didn't actually read the post I was responding to. Bro, please.

HGSS is the last great pokemon game

BW2 the last passable one

the problem with "arena fps" is that it is DEFINED by being a quake clone. the definition of it is too narrow to be anything else. in truth arena fps has already evolved to become halo, call of duty, and now fortnite.

arena fps will remain dead because it's a genre entirely based around nostalgia therefore evolution cannot take place. the only people that want to play them are boomers desperate to relive their old lives. this would be fine if boomers actually played games instead of whining about them.

Modern 2D Mario games are bland and boring garbage.

So the “New” Mario games? Well, yeah, I don’t think many people disagree. Outside of those the only 2D Mario is Mario Maker, which I think is anything but bland due to how weird it can be

go back to gone home multiplayer fag

Yeah, I was referring to the “““““New””””” series in particular.

Honestly, all I really care for are the characters.
Not their development or arcs, because they have none, just the dialogue mostly.
I guess when you put the time and money into recording 400,000 lines of dialogue, some of its bound to be memorable, if for no other reason than the delivery.
Credit to the facial animators, though. That shit's on point, which I suppose files under graphics. "Game" wouldn't be the same without it.

my favorite zelda game is phantom hourglass

Dino crisis is just better resident evil

Attached: images (4).jpg (225x225, 5K)

I really enjoyed Final Fantasy XV, even if it was unfinished

American companies almosti killed the industry once again.

Shut up fucking weeb

Same.
Then again, isn't ever Final Fantasy unfinished? None of the stories are coherent, none of the characters have arcs beyond stereotypes, the gameplay is always shit regardless of which brand of shit it is.
Half-baked franchise all around. Tabata at least seemed cool and willing to admit where things went wrong. Can't wait for Nomura's next CGI extravaganza.
Daily reminder (You)r obsession with Versus XIII began with a fucking CGIshit trailer and a generic story backdrop.

Well yeah it sucks by modern day standards but it also paved the way for all modern FPS and of course nostalgia

Dynasty Warriors 9 isn’t that bad. I’d play another open world DW.

>he writes this
>when no armor and MP5K players run around like it's CoD and usually win

Banjo kazoie Nuts and bolts is a good game and fallout 76 is a good game

Oversexualized female character designs are boring. More restrained designs lead to better porn because the artists have to work for the lewd.

That one Conan the barbarian game

I agree, but companies like Blizzard take it way out of hand and start banning people for petty shit.

The one good example of open world Pokémon is the pixelmon mod for Minecraft otherwise yeah openworld sucks for Pokémon

>hold right to win Labyrinth, Metropolis, and Sky Sanctuary zone
Okay.

Attached: 1568260020377.jpg (815x226, 78K)

>not understanding the value of map awareness and counterplaying
galil with proper positioning endlessly fucks no armor mp5k players. speed is key for gaining the early advantage but after the first 2 waves if you are still getting beat by mp5k players than you have garbage pathing and positioning.
mp5k meta is literally just above new player meta which is scopes.

lmao he's not the one getting banned or has to censor himself, get fucked

In my opinion, these threads are never genuine and are just filled baiting and bait-biting retards.

Attached: 1567283368951.png (524x516, 243K)

topkek

PS2-era SMT games are not really that good. SNES games are great though .

haven't played 2, but seems based

Attached: 1549934035261.png (899x2252, 2.85M)

In my opinion fuck you

Dead Rising 2 > Dead Rising

Pokemon is a very mediocre that only gets hyped up by nostalgia.
If your game is heavily carried by the fact you have sexy women/men,it's automatically shit.
Fighting games are great because it automatically filters shitters who arent good enough to learn.
Multiplayer games are still very fun and the hate against them is unfair.
Arena FPS need to evolve or else they're just going stay dead.

Xenosaga II is the best game in the series and was a direct improvement over the first game in several ways. Xenosaga III was streamlined to the point where I really didn't even want to play it, and I don't understand why it is loved so much, outside of providing a rushed end to the series. As a game, it's dull across the board, and I would gladly play II over it.

That’s a popular opinion though retard.

What is the advantage of the Galil anyway, I usually use the M16 because it is cheap

Sure happy to

Attached: 0AFCEC0E-1E4B-4606-8FF9-C9D19E21BA32.jpg (3840x2160, 456K)

how

The hailed "Dark Souls Combat" sucks. Its vastly inferior to e.g. Monster Hunter and many other games.

there's nothing wrong with gay and black characters in video games. I just wish they were better written.

Why make bait so weirdly obvious, be a bit more subtle man.

>So many fucking asshats here have fallen into the outrage culture trap of looking for the next thing to be mad at to the point of not even qualifying as having actual opinions.

All the "outrage culture" stuff on Yea Forums these days is so tiresome to me, I actually miss the early 2010s when Yea Forums was flooded with "Yea Forums 2.0" off-topic shitposting, like that Jimmies gorilla.

Galil with AP ammo is 100% 1-hit kill with the ability to shoot through soft surfaces unlike HP or tracer ammo. m16 does have good value for points spent but does not guarantee 1 hit kill which can be detrimental when facing hitscan players. If you have been playing the game for more than 20-40 hours you will realize that there is a ~400ms delay switch between sprint and hip-fire so you can usually muck the majority of hitscan machinegun players who run around the map because it takes less time to drop your first bullet before the hitscanner can drop 3 and guarantee their kill.

Nier Automata is irredeemably boring trash and people praising the story are just looking for an excuses to not like thy played the game solely for 2b's ass/

Word