Do you collect vidya merch, Yea Forums? How many pops / amiibos do you own...

Do you collect vidya merch, Yea Forums? How many pops / amiibos do you own? Or do you prefer other stuff like OSTs and strategy guides?

Attached: dsaf.jpg (1920x1080, 587K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fpzUzQPTyjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I collect a lot of shit honestly, but mainly care about my Legendia collection.

I have all the amiibos using nfc cards, more convenient for storage.

>funko pops

guaranteed replies

well done OP

>pop
>amiibos

Attached: remilia yuck.png (551x491, 261K)

>pops are bad
Why? Because they are affordable? Oh no, imagine someone owning a figure without spending $200+ for it.

Attached: fasd.jpg (891x972, 231K)

I don't really anymore, but when I was in San Diego, there was a store that was a weeaboo's heaven, and I used to go in there and do those little capsule dispensing machines with the random figurines in them, which at the time was either something Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, or Capcom related. I had a little Morrigan sitting on my desk for a long ass time.

My ex-gf bought me 2 Funko pops. One of them is Liberty Prime. The other is Tamatoa from Moana. They're so dusty.

Because they look like garbage.

Attached: frodo.png (560x559, 325K)

So do nendos and fumos, yet people are strangly attached to them.

As much as I'm with y'all for hating on these ugly funko things, don't think that means that I agree that the "higher quality" anime or video game merch you own is acceptable or even classy. It's all literal trash and you should be ashamed. If anything you should be more ashamed if you buy high cost "premium" merch thinking that makes any difference.

Attached: 1547857877660.png (540x643, 355K)

I own a maximo figurine with sword and sheild still in tact and also the maximo ghost to glory guidebook.

Why spend any money at all. Just DIY with a bunch of clay since quality is clearly not of any concern.

>this thread again

You literally could do better making something yourself

No you can't. Especially not you two.

>being rude
>on a blue board

>So do nendos and fumos
A bold claim, you got proof for that?

Attached: 1481908354101.jpg (462x482, 56K)

Not vidya-related, but I bought two Evangelion coffee mugs that I use for my toothbrush/dental implements and my razor in my bathroom.

I hate these things, used to be a good pop culture store in a mall I frequent and it went to shit when these things covered their walls. It's all they seem to have.

Quality over quantity, cunt.

LOOK MOMMY HE'S DOING THE FACE
HE'S DOING THE FUNNY MEME FACE
HE'S DOING IT LOOK LOOK
THE FACE
IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE HE'S DOING THE FACE
I RECOGNIZE THE FACE SO IT'S FUNNY

What quality? You don't seriously think that plastic is of higher quality if it's molded like your favorite anime girl, do you? Or is it superior nippon plastic that has been folded 10000 times?

t.collector of funkos

>pops are bad
yes, they are trash. all of them look the same.

Call me a normalfag, insult me, i don't care, but there is nothing wrong with buying a Funko Pop or anny collectable.

I'm not gonna tell you that any of these Funko Pops are gonna increase or hold their current value in the future, the truth is, people buybthese because they like them, they like the simple and consistent design.

Like any personal value , they have value for you, they may not to but somebody out there might find in them any personal value.

That's what matters.

Attached: 2ed8980c3369d929f1d50a825de721d8.jpg (720x1017, 87K)

Oh no he is retarded.jpg

Attached: 1546610165330.png (731x300, 251K)

They all look the same, and support things that are wrong in the industry, but go buy more you filthy pig.

see

LOOK HOW WIDE I CAN OPEN MY MOUTH
LOOK MOM I CAN FIT MORE DICKS THAN YOU EVER COULD
JUST LOOK. NO MOM, I WON'T BREAK MY JAW IT'S JUST EXCITEMENT
OH MY GOD MOM LOOK AT THIS

Are you guys okay?

I can smell the fucking soi from your image, OP.

What soi, you sperg. Do you think people that buy anime figures smell better?

Yeah.

Congratulations. You are officially retarded.

I have 2 Funkos and it's only because I'm autistic for Sombra. Normally I think they look like ass. I like her nendroid more

Attached: 3max.jpg (497x664, 200K)

The only “funko” I’ve bought was the jade statue version of shenron, and that’s cause it’s one of the only designs that don’t have the goddamn soulless base figure and that they had to put actual effort into making it

Attached: DD66698C-1B32-4217-AABC-963F87E5CE5F.jpg (296x170, 17K)

Says the fucking asscunt who buys funkos.

Attached: 1559842919206.jpg (367x395, 47K)

funny enough the Songbird pop is the only pop I own. I don't even like the game, I just thought it was cool enough to have at $5 clearance it was on.

You are mentally ill. I don't care what you prefer, but making personal attacks based on preferences makes you a retard.

I'm sorry you prefer garbage. Maybe one day you'll grow up.

I only buy anime (Evangelion) figurines
What are some good video game figurines

Why do underage people always mention how others should grow up? You are a social reject that personally attacks people based on things they buy, if anyone has any growing up to do it's you.

you bought crap, any way you spin it.

>fumos
take that back you nigger faggot

Attached: 1564858204668.gif (318x380, 570K)

Sounds like you've got some growing up to do considering all the personal attacks you just lobbied, cunt.

Attached: 1564057539225.jpg (808x446, 217K)

Someone post the reddit guy's pop contract of 500 funko pops

Christ that guys is just sad to look at. Imagine having your whole life revolve around the aquisiton of pointless pieces of souless plastic junk then have that be your entire identity.

Imagine owning a figure
spending $200 just makes it worse.

i have no idea why you'd buy a funko of just a human. they all look the same.

>toobs figure ended up costing 5000 yen in shipping
>on top of 20000 yen for the figure itself
>reimu also releasing this month
At least I'm not poor.

Attached: reimu.jpg (600x774, 105K)

I wish I collected funko pops like a friend of mine.
They held value and increased and he didn't open his so now his collection is worth a lot.

Btw if you own funko, nendroid(?), fumos(?), and/or anime figurines of high quality you should consider suicide unless you happen to at least fuck girls like said friend of mine.

No,
I have no need for useless garbage.

Real reason why people hate Funko Pops is because they are fucking everywhere, and take up valuable shop floor space that could be used for actual vidya, or at least less ugly merch that sells.

attaboy.

>btw if you aren't a normalfag you should kill yourself
Consider going to a place more your style, like facebook.

I bought a Deadpool pop for my gf and she loved it

He's married, has a child and is happy. Can you say the same for yourself?

Attached: DB447169-256A-4F2A-972F-33CEB685C032.jpg (310x575, 59K)

>this entire post

Attached: 1544403988552.gif (244x248, 113K)

embarrassing post desu

Attached: 1365481815549.gif (298x301, 1.81M)

>Btw

just consume with reckless abandon and don't advance mentally past 12 years old

Attached: e7a[1].jpg (1916x945, 238K)

I collect Smash Bros Amiibos.
I own all of them in their boxes and put them on display in order.
I've only ever overpaid for one Amiibo and that was Fem Corrin (£24). Everything else I either preordered online or got later in a cheaper reprint or on sale from Argos in Amiibo clearances.
Its just a nice cheap thing to collect.

I own 2 luka figures. I love her.

this but i used to buy different animes (just evangelion was the main focus)

no, and anyone who does over the age of 21 should consider suicide.

All fagotry

What are some Yea Forums approved figures?

Attached: official image dont delete.jpg (600x600, 38K)

well post it asshole.

the only vidya related collection that matters

Attached: 945944.jpg (2048x1536, 330K)

Out of those i only know ninja and just because he died of ligma.

I have a few art books and some old physical vidya safely stowed away for the sake of nostalgia tripping, but no merch. All of my shelf-space is devoted to doll faggotry, so there's no room for cheap plastic tat.

Attached: 1559070591062.png (596x795, 701K)

I bought this, but it takes like 3 fucking weeks to ship that shit from china to europe.

Attached: d0ff7aeb9931dd626199df7fdbf52ee0.jpg (550x800, 169K)

>china
Why are you buying bootlegs?

>you should be cool like my friend! He had a threesome with my sister and my ex!

I bought it from play asia, it should be a real one.

>What are some Yea Forums approved figures?
This

they're cheaper

>Impulse buying garbage
They don't even look cute like Beanie Babies

Attached: 1566319476437.jpg (479x640, 44K)

Is he using the Force?

I own 4 pops. Wanted more until I realized I could have more bang for my buck with action figures and model kits.

Not Vidya, but I collect Godzilla figures and monsters in that world. Anything monsters like predators, alien, and shit. I've also been collecting marvel legends figures but only the X-Men ones.

Mr. Game and Watch, Inkling and Ridley amiibos. Might get Dark Samus or a normal Samus if I come across her somewhere.

I also have a Jack the Ripper figure, from Fate and plush of Jill from VA11 Hall-A. Other than just a bunch of shirts as far as vidya merch goes.

I can understand nendoroids since they look like chibis, but nobody on earth could ever convince me to buy a fumo. They look absolutely horrendous. I'd buy a fucking funko turd over a fumo any day of the week.

I just spent like $600 on figures so I can't judge. But at least what I buy is varied and of high quality. Fuck funko pop

Do you at least cum on them?

Well I have a wife and spend quite a bit on figures. She agrees that funko look like garbage for tasteless normies and live-action/capeshit retards.

For $600 you'd get like 40+ funkos. You probably got 3 figures. It's a no brainer to pick the pops over your waifu bullshit.

Waifu figures are not of higher quality though.

Attached: 1541658256242.png (588x598, 402K)

I've bought cheaper action figures of Iron Man that were great looking. Funko Pops just look inherently ugly.

That's just your opinion, my man.

I collect some figmas and sometimes statues too.

Stay mad waifu fag.

They look like shit.

collecting stuff that youre not use/only for display is super fucking cringe
but collecting things that you actually use and enjoy having is ok
like for instanse i collect bad dragons and i use them every day and have a blast using them all

>you are forced collect every funko (including upcoming ones) for the rest of your life
>you wake up tomorrow looking like that guy for the rest of your life, but you also have access unlimited NEETbux
which one Yea Forums?

Attached: 1551324202571.png (952x739, 14K)

Totakus are just as affordable as Funko Pops and yet they don't look like complete ass.

Attached: TOtaku-EB-GAmes.jpg (1884x964, 170K)

>dropping $600 dollars to make your place look like the tacky backdrop of a reaction channel
The only no brainer here is (You).

Attached: 1552488397566.png (586x586, 348K)

What a time to be alive.

I dont even play overwatch but always thought she was cute.

Attached: 3max.jpg (497x723, 269K)

What does affordability have to do with anything? They look very ugly unless it's a fully armored character with decent sculpting or something anthropomorphic. They're gag-gift tier at most and only really get any attention because there's one for almost any western license along with how creepy the normal figures look.

I was in a family owned Funko resale store the other day and actually kinda "got" it for the first time. I see the appeal of all these different franchises and niche interests all represented under the same figure line. It makes sense why someone would be addicted to collecting them.

That being said these things are so fucking unbelievably ugly and hard to look at I can't even comprehend wanting to own one. They all have the same soulless eyes and lack of mouth making them look exactly the same in 99 percent of scenarios so like, what's even the point of collecting them at all?

>if you don't start a Buyfag thread without pops or amiibos Yea Forums wont post in it
What about liking stuff

Attached: Samrita1566759870.jpg (1603x2048, 862K)

Why would I care about my looks if I get unlimited bucks?

Also own the nendoroid.

Attached: IMG_20181031_231311.jpg (3120x4160, 3.67M)

Nice collection.
Wish I didn’t miss out on that Mash statue.

I disagree on the design aspect, while you're right that it's simplistic yet all the characters are recognisable I just wouldn't personally collect something that deviated form the original style, as I'd really only buy something if it was visually appealing. For example your pic was speedwagon, JOJO is such a visually stunning IP that I don't get why people would be interested in merch that wasn't in that style.

But they do apparently increase in value, at least the limited edition ones. I know a friend who has a Harry Potter pop that is now worth over £100. Not a huge return but it's interesting to see if the price holds, increases or drops.

>LED Futaba figure
>Homura
>Phat Kirigiri
You my nigga. I don't really care for the most of the other stuff, but that's some good shit. Hoping to find the Phat Nanami Chiaki soon, her and Fumi from Devil Survivor 2 are basically the only figures I'm interested with, aside from all the upcoming Futaba ones.

Attached: K-onXDurarara.jpg (337x600, 174K)

Based

>just two luka figures
>claims he actually loves her
You are barely at poser-tier normalfag. They were probably some shitty prize figures from gamestop or some shit

I think they are regular figures. I'm not too into buyfaggotry so I wouldn't know.

Attached: FIGURE-027714_04.jpg (534x800, 112K)

>40+ of Western capeshit that mostly all looks the same.
It was 4 figures and some other shit that I bought. The figures are fantastic works of art and I buy them because I unironically enjoy my hobbies and the characters from them. I adore all of them and want to see them represented in the best ways possible: with talent, passion, and quality. Since actually having a decent job, a wife, and lack of child-rearing responsibility currently I am able to afford these sorts of things. I weed out and refine my collection over the years as there is only a finite amount of shelf-space available. I get things that actually LOOK GOOD and took talent, effort, and artistry to design. Funkoshits have literally none of that. They are just there for collecting and not appreciating. Its the issue with most Western shit these days, there's just so much garbage clogging up your local gamestops and failing "toy/comic book" shops because the IPs have sold out to kike corporations like Disney.

Western capeshit and their jokes of "figures" are all pathetic and poorly designed.
Funko and any series portrayed by them are for normie ironic hipsters and cucks

Attached: 394712.jpg (170x256, 18K)

Clearly. And you aren't even that into Luka so stfu with your ironic waifufaggotry claiming you "love her". There's an ass ton of figures of her and you have no excuse if you truly cared about her.

Come on bro, no need to be elitist.

Geh, this image sucks. Yea Forums has shit taste in anything and everything.

this faggot looks like your average coomer

Attached: file.png (599x495, 252K)

>muh "gate keeping is bad it hurts muh widdle feewings"

If that is one of the figures then kudos. She looks beautiful.

speaking of bootlegs, the way her finger is slipped into her boot is making me fucking diamonds. too bad she doesnt have a game or anime

I have a shrine of my waifu with basically every figure that released of her, but I recognize that some people don't have the means or even space for it all, especially if she's a popular character God forbid you have Saber as your waifu. Besides not all figures are good, there are some of my waifu that I would never have bought if it wasn't for her.

>and fumos

Attached: a to.png (202x164, 68K)

youtube.com/watch?v=fpzUzQPTyjo

>mfw prices surge after ones I bought go out of production.
Thanks Ebay

Attached: A39DC0C1A4F544719E268F77DB6C931E.png (3840x2760, 850K)

>Saber as a waifu
I call her My King, not my waifu, and it's both a blessing and a curse. On one hand I have a lot to choose from and pick out, on the other there are some real shitty ones from like 2005 that clog up shelf space in Akiba or cons in the US. I also am never fully sated and am always wanting more and that shit gets expensive.

All in all I have well over a grand in merch of her. My actual wife gets weird about it some times.

Attached: 107854.jpg (179x386, 21K)

>tfw my waifu doesn't even have a figure yet
At least I have lots of het official merch.

>sisterwaifu only has 2 dakimakura covers
>could only get 1 of them
At least my daughteru is a popular character with some scales, nendos and various other stuff.

There is nothing wrong with Funko Pops

While she doesn't really have much, I've bought all I can of her, and I've even taken some initiative and made some merch of her myself!

Attached: yuugi wink.jpg (3508x2477, 1.4M)

>funko pops
Kill yourself

There is everything wrong with Funko Pops.

I'd rather buy one quality figure of something Iove instead of ten shit ones.

i have an umbreon plushie and that's it actually

These are the only acceptable Funko Pops

Attached: NekoPOP-BABYMETAL-Funko-POP-Review-A3.jpg (1289x965, 226K)

>ANY acceptable shits
>posts babymetal of all things
you have worst taste than op, user

Babymetal basedness cancels out Funko Pop gayness

Attached: bma.png (1378x1029, 2.39M)

I forgot dark souls compendium. I also have it.

Attached: 7id0iZh.jpg (1024x768, 586K)

>faggot funko defenders saying they look good
>half the fucking collectors' pics have them all sealed and lining their shitty apartment walls
>too scared they'd their value so just keep them in box
>probably too stupid, lazy, and poor to find ways to keep them out and dust free
You probably haven't even actually looked at half of your collection they just line your walls

>Babymetal basedness
no such thing, next youre gonna say that jpop or kpop isnt soulless trash created solely for money from actual autistic virgins

It's the Beanie Baby craze all over again.

>soulless trash created solely for money from actual autistic virgins

You realize on what board you are posting right?

Attached: ManletTears meeting his Idols.jpg (736x736, 204K)

whats updog?

The only acceptable Funko Pops are the ones that are gifted to you and then surreptitiously find their way into the trash.

Attached: 1568470116867.png (1325x1656, 773K)

I don't consider myself a "collector" but I still have all my consoles/games going back to when I was a kid, and throughout the years I've bought games for my old consoles, as well as purchasing consoles I never had back in the day like Saturn, Dreamcast, and SNES.

However, vidya merchandise is big gay. I never understood why people display shelves of toys and figurines littered about.

Not much, HOW ABOUT YOU?

Attached: IMG_20181031_231011.jpg (3120x4160, 3.73M)

>Why? Because they are affordable?

why would you need to afford a useless piece of plastic trash?

Is Gurren Lagann even worth getting into these days
was considering watching it after I start EVA

I only own a few select weeb books.

I honestly don't see difference here.
They're both plastic crap.

Attached: 1539566059344.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

>because they are low quality
lmao at this onions thread, if your only problem with adult man collecting figures from anime tv shows is the quality of the figures he chooses then you will never have sex.

The only stuff that interests me is extremely niche/historical collections, like blizzard server blades, original systems, or rare games like the ET game things like that

I have one Amiibo and that is of the girl Inkling that I got way back in 2015 when the game launched.
A Kirby Nendo and an Isabelle Nendo (winter version) that my sister got for me for my birthday.
Besides that, most of my figures are actually Gunpla models since I can't get enough of them. I'm drowning in kits over here.

Attached: 1567631357393.jpg (692x727, 160K)

I just wish Posket figures included things other than Disney princesses.

Artbooks. Strategy guides if they're spliced with artbooks

why cant people see those are just the new plush baby?

i understand owning like cool godzilla but just owning packaged uncool garbage, cmon dude

Kill yourself pls

Eat my ass.

Looks like shit like something you would get with your cereal box

because it's just cheap tat. if I want a figure itd be for something I enjoy and actually looks like said thing. I can bet you this guy doesn't give a fuck about 90% of the series he owns pops for. Not to mention they are ugly as all hell.

at least beanie babies weren't ugly as fuck

Those things are like crack, dude. I feel you.

Attached: 1562888972148.jpg (421x480, 33K)

The real allies lost WW2

i have no taste and i must buy

>kept figurines in boxes
i own 5 amiibo but i'm not that autistic, i own them for my own, not to sell them 10 decades later

>Funko inevitably goes the way of Loot Crate in a few years time
>burn all of my funkos on a big bonfire in celebration of not having to be a chinless wonder
ez

I love you Legendia bro

I don't get it. If that's the only kind of facial hair you're capable of growing, why would you even grow facial hair? Surely he has to know the scraggly pubes on his lip and chin do not denote masculinity like an actual beard would.

>wanna collect physical vidya
>modern system games are shit, old stuff is (silly) expensive, threw out the boxes for all my currently owned games a few years back so I’d be buying shit twice at which point is retarded
>want to collect pokemon cards
>spent like $60, got nothing of any worth and grew disheartened. Also feels like I’m trying to start 20 years too late, also I’d look like a sperg with a big collection of pokemon shit
>want to collect achievements/trophies
>feel like a no-life loser being so autistic about the vidya equivalent of reddit points
>not falling for gachas or virtual collecting by spending real money
I’m trying to kick the need to collect shit, not embrace it

I'm thinking to buy e2046(so recast) Nito statue, but shit is expensive. Also i will have to build up and paint it, but it's lesser problem and probably will be fun.

>unironically paid funko as much as the total combined yearly salary of the sweatshop chinks that made that shit

>imagine waifu'ing a character that fell in love for an autistic Japanese kid, had sex with him and waited for eternity for him to finally meet again in the after life

that sounds good dude. i have a ton of books, but ive read most of them so i dont feel like a hoarder.

Anything with cunny

weak.
I own 14 miku figs, a wallscroll, a lanyard, a keychain, the FT hori mini controller, 3 of her games, and have traveled halfway across the country twice to see her live.

Attached: migu.jpg (2048x480, 381K)

I have the amiibo of my wife, Mipha

I've got that big Madoka as well, I lost one of her ankle wings moving a couple years ago. It makes me mad every time I look at her but it's a really pretty figure to look at.
It's an abstract kind of feel.

I've also got that BRS. They're both a bitch and a half to dust, I need to get a detolf.

Alright

Yes. Most lewd loli shit.

Î hope the police busts your ass.

JANNY GONNA COOOOOOOOOOM

Collector's edition for games I like. I'll buy a digital version so I can play and then a collector's edition that I don't open.

I have a few things from the PAXes I've been to, but all my purchases are incidental. I never go to amazon to stock up on nerd shit.

If this guy died I would be happy

No, nendos are cute and fumos are at least funny to look at. Pops look like ugly cockroaches

I have 5 funkos that don't look like shit(to me) and a handful of other shit, but i'm glad I got into game guides and posters. Have a decent amount of both, including a Maximo: Ghosts and Glory guide with the poster and sealed section, still intact. In terms of the Funkos and etc, It would be nice to get more to display, but I don't have the cash or the right figure. God fear the day I get into anime and start that rabbithole.

user you could always chose to not own nerd barbies

Faggot.

No u

I have yet to hear a single good argument against funko pops.

>used to work retail
>funk fucks always calling us weeks in advance of product releases trying to reserve them
>frequently get accused of stealing/hoarding them as an employee by these mongoloids
>could not give 2 shits about this cheap plastic
>last week on the job find an exclusive funko pop in the backroom, not listed in electronic inventory system
>just take it because fuck them

>i find them ugly isn't a good argument

Opinions are not arguments, yes user.

I've been buying these Storm Collectibles fighting game figures.

Attached: 60463262_2296758063696547_3177067564610093056_n.jpg (960x744, 108K)

I have a lot of amiibo's. Was going to get every Smash character but finance's demanded I skip Isabelle and Pichu and now the collect em all is broken so I'll be skipping Squirtle and Ivysaur.

how do you look in the mirror and think those disgusting pubes look good?

>effort
it isn’t even painted.

Deez?

as gay as collecting these figures are, theyre so well made that i may go against my instincts and buy one

but only if its dbz so i look slightly less autistic

This is the only vidya figure I own.

Attached: MGS2-Nendoroid-Raiden-Color-11.jpg (500x467, 65K)

Thats just not right

i never thought a naked chibi would be so unsettling.
This is aunt who collects sad clowns and gnomes tier.

ugly, landfill bait that many modern devs see as good enough for official paraphernalia. We miss out on higher quality stuff because they shit these fuckers out.

My wife is Miku

How do you think I fucking feel?

Attached: 1567421798965.png (960x776, 728K)

i dont but i enjoyed the free strategy guides that came with some nintendo power subscriptions.

Amerimutt?

Hopefully Migu comes back to the US soon, until then I will be seeing her L O N D O N showing.

Because they are low quality trash.

Attached: 161.png (1038x506, 571K)

Nendos are $40+, pops are $12.50.

And not buying garbage like Funkoshit is free

Just resell them in 2 years time at 3x the price you bought them. Easy money

>people who buy funko have deluded themselves into believing theyre making an investment
lol literally beanie babies 2.0

Make that 3.0 since we already have animetards that think their shitty toy figures are any better

I've never seen anyone who buys anime figures say that they're making a good investment