Is this true? Is the Epic Game Store store debate just another console war?

Is this true? Is the Epic Game Store store debate just another console war?

Attached: epicvssteam.png (1080x1600, 1.24M)

No, it's the East vs West kind of war. China vs America.

it's worse since there is no hardware sale involved

just install both launchers you pissant crybabies

Epic want to create a "console" war on PC, everyone until they appeared was fine with each others, we already had Steam, GoG, Uplay, Origin EA store and massive amount of key seller that profit everyone.
then, the chinks has to come in and fuck everything up and force everyone to try to go THEIR ways, and when i say the chinks i'm not even joking, until Tencent ( totally not owned by chinese gov't ) brought 40% of share in Epic company, Epic was still delivering liscence to indie devs to use the UE4 and make Unreal Tournament 4.

TL;DR Chinese governement investissor brought something and create scummy practice and think this will make people accept them

No, that's just obfuscation of the real problem. That being the shift towards digital accelerating the erosion of consumer rights, as every major publisher and some of the larger devs will be able to set up their own storefront with their own exclusives, and where they will have total and complete control over what content is approved for your account and how you can interact with it. Many of these storefronts, in the long run, will not be able to last in an over saturated market - and when they go down, usage rights for the software you've "purchased" will be invalidated as your account evaporates. Buying a game is, itself, a gamble these days on whether or not it'll even still be around and accessible in a few years... as stores close and merge and maneuver to stay more competitive, your "purchases" will get the axe and force you to buy the game over again - if it's even still available from other outlets. Copies of older software may be intentionally pulled from sale across the markets in order to drive sales of newer installments, or to encourage subscription to streaming services that will also go defunct, or to licensing agreements expiring which prevent the acquisition of a new license to replace the one you had which evaporated. If the publishers even remember they have an established catalog of games they could sell once they no longer need them to pad their selection. Nobody really gives a shit if they have to open a second or third or fourth launcher - it's the fragmentation of the market coupled with a systematic erosion of all consumer rights that has people pissed off.

This is why the only worthwhile storefront available on the PC is GoG, because they require everything they sell to be DRM free and you can make personal backups of everything with standalone installers that you can still access long after the storefront is gone.

Attached: rs-224161-GettyImages-2159470.jpg (440x293, 39K)

No, it's not *another* console war. It's the same console war infecting PC. We fucking told you consolecucks that exclusives were cancer and now look what you've done. You've fucking infected us with this trash. You dumb motherfuckers. I hope you all get fucking robbed and beat to shit by a pack of angry niggers.

Top lel. You can only have a war if both sides actually put up a fight. As it stands, Steam doesnt even have to try to pulverize EGS
>bu-but muh borderlands!

It's more like people who care vs people who don't care. No one actually thinks EGS is better.

>No one actually thinks EGS is better.
The eternal chink shill that roams around here disagrees with you, while simultaneously not saying why it is better.

user, we all know that he's being paid to do that
Besides, chinks are not human. You dont care what cockroaches think, you stomp them

I can't wait for steam to go down in flames one day and make everyone regret their words and deeds after falling for the digital meme and killing physical.

No, it's jus another launcher

Does anyone really support Epic? At best, people either don't care, or are at least aren't autistic enough to boycott a store-front.

没有

You can’t wait for us to regress, like the guy who invented carriages when cars were invented? What the fuck do you gain from physical copies

>expecting an answer from a shitposting consolenigger

>and killing physical
Piracy killed physical on PC. Before Steam there was a complete clusterfuck of highly intrusive DRM that could even brick your PC. Would you rather have that back?

Where can I get a job of being a shill? I don't really care, the job is basically shitposting and getting paid for it.
Hire me China

an actual ownership of the game and not just a permission to use/download it that can be taken away at any time, imagine thinking this is progress

Steam is already an intrusive DRM. If it disappeared we'd just have denuvo instead of steam + denuvo.

You completely missed the point. One standardized DRM is better than an individual DRM that's tacked on for every individual game.
There is no way around DRM. Publishers don't want people to pirate their games. Even if they are cracked eventually, they will continue to be a part of PC gaming.
Valve did everyone a huge favor with Steam in this regard.

I find fat people more tolerable than pedophiles so my allegiance is to Valve.

rad

That's only because 'fat' by definition includes anyone over 70kg. No fatass over 100 is someone you want to be anywhere near, much less tolerate

There is no war, no competition. Steam continues to completely demolish EGS, and a few timed exclusives change nothing.

no fuck you

If a publisher cares about piracy it'll use denuvo. Steam DRM is extremely easily cracked so individual DRM still exists obviously, Steam did nothing but add an extra layer of DRM.

No Epic and their DRM really does fuck up games
Like 60 FPS drops to meme status

Jesus Christ you are dense. Yes, things change over time. I was responding to someone who wanted to regress back in time to something that was significantly worse, and that was made significantly better by the introduction of Steam, BACK THEN. Context matters, you know.
It was a response to the type of faggot that pretends that Steam ruined everything, and that the PC gaming word before it was so amazingly great.

It was you dumb faggot, physical copies were great and even the most draconian DRMs weren't as bad as Steam. Steam required you to be connected to the internet at first and it took them very long to introduce a proper offline mode that actually worked. Steam was pure cancer to PC gaming.

Imagine if denuvo made their own launcher and forced every game that uses denuvo DRM to launch it with denuvo launcher. This is what steam is, and this is how they get dominance over pc gaming.

moneyhatting exclusives and holding them hostage is not the same as being competitive.

STEAM MONOPOLY BAD EPIC MONOPOLY GOOD

>the only worthwhile storefront available on the PC is GoG
/thread

>even the most draconian DRMs weren't as bad as Steam
At least pretend a little, epiccuck.