Will I like this if I thought

Will I like this if I thought

3>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

No, you'd only like it if you thought 3>4>1>2

play ground zeroes
skip phantom pain

If you genuinely like Metal Gear Solid you'll hate V for butchering the story.
It's a massive insult to the franchise

You will like it if you thought

Peace Walker >>>>>> 1=2=3=4

this

but did you play peace walker which for all intents and purposes may as well been MGSV

You will only like it if it's your first MGS game.

MGS > MGS2 > MGS3 >MGS4
and I really like MGS4

>ground zeroes
>Hurr play the same small map for 5 short missions

No

I rather play a well designed map 5 times than play the shitty empty "open world" maps for all the repeated and timepadding content of phantom pain

yes.
mgs3 is still the best game in my book

Attached: EDs_Y-kVUAAxfbh.jpg (900x853, 145K)

>abooloo muh story
no wonder Kojibo start making interactive movie

Inversely, will I like other MGS games if I really loved V and consider it to be one of my best vidya experiences? As someone said on another thread, the story is undercooked, but the cinematography of the few cutscenes we have and the gameplay are enough to make up for that. I'm afraid that I won't have that in earlier games in the franchise, but really want to dive deeper in the lore.

Attached: 1423621688910.jpg (1920x1040, 400K)

It's closer to 4 than 3 nigger.

As someone who just got MGSV on pc but has never played a MG game before, which ones are essential so to speak? I'm talking canon, stuff, no spin-offs. Also is there any way to play them on pc?

No. V is the closest to 4, if anything. Even then, 4 beats the shit out of V

You will like it if you thought
1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>In that order only. If you don't like it in that exact order, you won't like MGSV.

Just get the 2 Metal Gears, all the numbered Solids and Peace Walker.
Some have been ported to PC, some have not, and you'll just have to emulate whatever possible.

but peacewalker unironically had better content than V, if he loved PW he'd hate how soulless V is in comparison

I really liked MGS5
that only made the second part and repeating quests more egregious
the ending is pure KINO

3>1>2>5>4

Attached: MGS5.jpg (800x450, 48K)

play MGS and see for yourself

all the games are canon retard

the posts are dead, what were they?

All of them are good. Portable Ops and Ac!d included. Of course only if you're not a retard.

MGS is a story driven franchise you fuckwit.

you can emulate anything besides 4 and 4 is a movie anyway
or buy a used ps3 with the HD collection
canon games are:
MG1, MG2
MGS 1, 2, 3, 4, PW
sorta canon (political events are canon, the story is not): portable ops
not canon but zoomers on Yea Forums will tell you it is because it was their first metal gear: MGR:Revengenace
if you want to play them, do it in release order

I'm not extremely familiar with these games but I know the general story and characters. What did V do to fuck it up?

the story as a whole was basically about nothing, might as well be a non canon game because of how absolutely detached it is from the franchise as a whole, when people were expecting (and Hackjima was advertising) the story about how Big Biss became the bad guy of MG1
instead we got filler missions and one shot of a tape in a cutscene that actually referenced the next chronological game
also Miller who fucking spent the entire game on a goose chase after Zero ends up changing his mind about big boss on a whim and in MG2 is working for the patriots, which is fucking retarded

>the story as a whole was basically about nothing
So it's like every other mgs game

I get what you're saying. Was it understood how Big Boss was alive in MGS4 before we know it wasn't actually him in MG2?